[F4 - Event] Dance of the Crossed Paths

Quicker than he thought for it to happen, he would end up getting pulled away from the other two, giving him a little bit of time to wave them off before he would then be met with her face to face, her hands placed on his shoulders. It brought a small collected smile to his face, seeing how she was willing to dance alongside him. As she whispered to him, he would be filled with much relief as it rushed through his nervous system. At least one of them knew for sure, Sey was expecting them to learn as they go. His hands would move gently toward her hips in an attempt to reciprocate her hands on his shoulders. He was not sure if that was what he needed to do, but he will act confident and accept any mistake with a smile. Besides, @Hidden seemed to be much more merciful than many other players when mistakes were made. A simple whisper would be returned back to her. "Thank you." Not a single trace of deceit in his words.

Edited by Sey
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music was about to start, people were about to dance. This was where a partner was significant, it was nearly impossible to dance yourself. Well, Macradon wouldn’t be left out, he wanted to dance as well, but since he didn’t have a partner with him, he would choose his partner in crime, at least his newest partner in crime. He would stand up and slowly begin to descend from the stairs. As he opened up his menu to access his inventory, Macradon would equip Sword of the Ancients. The giant slab of moss covered steel would appear on his back ,strapped onto a harness like his old Scarecrow’s Sickle would. He would take it off his back and hold it upside down, having his hand rest on the guard, and the other on the blade itself. He was about to dance at the ball like the other pairs, but he would do it with his sword.

Domarus heard the girl speak for the first time.  When he did, something was off.  For some reason he felt he heard that voice before.  Unfortunately he didn't know where.  Then she seemed to pull Sey out to dance with the boy.  The music was starting and players were dancing.  Well, beginning to dance.  Sey and Hidden seemed to be the only ones at the moment while everyone else was talking.  Domarus turned to Keres with a grin.
     "Shall we my lady?"  He held his hand out and Keres smirked back, accepting his hand as they too walked out to the dance floor.  They'd start simple, easy dances.  That was his intention.  Then as time moved on they'd move to more advanced and complex dances.  The two were experts, particularly Domarus since he had been to many many dances and proms.  However they were mainly to gather information, or build up loyalty even further.  All his dates, while very happy and excited to have the honor of dancing with him, knew that it was a one time deal, just a dance nothing actually happening.  Some were content while others were not.  It didn't matter though.  In the end, it was work.  And work could be fun at times.  He and Keres began to dance to the soothing, easy music and he scanned the crowds, noticing that a few had dates, others had nobody.  But what struck him as odd was the two men hanging out together, as well as two pairs of women.  One of the pairs was made up of a woman in a dress, and a woman in a suit.  Indeed it was strange.  He'd need info on multiple players.  He decided that he'd gather intel on the two women, the man talking with the two men, the purple haired girl talking with Dominion, and perhaps one of the random men in here though he wasn't sure.

Edited by Domarus

As the music begins to get itself spiced up, Takeshi notices that a lot of the attendants are already dancing with their respective partners. Some are slow, others are improving and gradually getting themselves better. The silliest thing he ever sees at this point is that a male player is dancing with his sword, probably so he wouldn't feel left out.

He stares blankly at the open window as memories of his dead friend, Riki suddenly comes into his mind. He remembers how the androgynous boy took him to a dance before just for s**ts and giggles. He happened to wear a dress for some reason, and because of that, along with the dance, that was when Takeshi pretty much fell for him. He even remembered the time when Riki teased him for his bisexuality, followed by passionate kissing and making out. 

These memories made Takeshi felt like he had a mini heart attack, for deep down, part of him still couldn't get his friend off his mind. He tries to hold back his manly tears as his face still remains stoic as ever. The music is temporarily unrecognizable to his ears before he snaps back to reality, almost choking on a sweet he is munching on.

Edited by Takeshi

"Sorry that I let the two of you walk over here alone but I figured that I had to do something before entering the cas..." He stopped mid sentence when he saw that Itzal had now spotted and started to walk towards him. What happened when Itzal reached him caught him completely off guard. Aereth expected shock, anger or at least surprise in the reaction of his mentor to his now orange cursor. But not his casual warm smile followed by a swift comment that implied that he was already expecting what really happened. He found himself at a loss of words for a couple of moments but then managed to get at least something out of his mouth. He sighed. "Hey my friend... It seems like you really know me better than I expected... At first, sorry for not keeping the promise I gave you back when we were talking in my shop." he told Itzal and bowed slightly in front of him. "But even though I'm sorry that I wasn't able to keep my promise, I would break it all over again if I could go back in time. So short story even shorter, while questing I found a meeting point where many red and green players were gathering. I observed the place for several days and the followed two guys to see what they were doing..." he then gulped and took a deep breath. "Well, it turned out that they wanted to do some terrible things and then kill the two ladies over there." Aereth said pointing over to @Yua and @Yui. "I stepped in and had no other choice as to kill both of them to save the twins." Aereth said in a voice full of guilt, trying to explain everything to Itzal. But the more he spoke, the more he felt disgusted by himself. Could there have been another solution for the problem? Who knows, but now it was too late...

@Itzal

Itzal listened to the explanation his friend gave him.  He smiled.  He wished there was another way to have handled it, perhaps stunning the players and running with Yua and Yui, but that was the past, and right now everyone was having a good time.  He patted @Aereth's shoulder with a friendly smile.  "Hey don't worry man.  It's fine.  We can talk about this later ok?  Right now try to enjoy yourself.  Spend some time with the girls you saved k?  And for the record, that was one of the exceptions I had remember?  Either self defense or to save someone else's life.  They would not be here if it weren't for you.  So don't beat yourself up."  Itzal himself had never killed anyone, but he knew that Aereth couldn't be guilt free.  Which was why Itzal was willing to do everything he could to help his friend get through this.  For now however they were at a ball, and such a discussion should be private in their own time.  He nodded to Aereth and bowed slightly again to the twins.  "Well, I should probably return to my girlfriend and explain it to her so she doesn't strangle you herself.  After that I hope she and I, might, be able to, dance."  To be honest he was still a little nervous about the whole dancing thing but he was willing to give it a shot.  He turned and made his way over to @Kasier.

Yua yawned rather bored already with this endeavor it wasn't her first dance certain wasn't going to be her last she looked about still confused at where on earth people kept disappearing off to. As she glanced back she saw @Itzal speaking with the man the twins had journeyed with awkwardly enough @Aereth was one of the few people who seemed to be on Yua's good side. Perhaps it was the simple fact that he was in the right place at the right time but he seemed like a damage soul. Unlike people like @Itzal they seemed to seclude themselves for reasons that make sense. Although the shiny knights in dazzling armor persona which he tried to pull even when rescuing them struck a nerve with her. Grateful yes, but not in the same fashion she was to Itzal he didn't seem like the type who was ready to give up the safety of a green cursor for a stranger, yet their was Aereth ... and Yui. Wait what? How did she? Lost in thought she hadn't even realized that her sister had escaped her arm and was now skipping over in preparation to pounced on the unsuspecting man who was still engaged in conversation with the other. "You are such a handful," she sighed taking a short step forward before letting out a rather simple laugh. "Heck she can have one night I suppose she can feel like a princess but tomorrow we are gonna train again so have your fun while you can @Yui."

Yui glanced over noticing her sister contemplative stare taking root over her expression, now was the time to spring forth into action and see if she could escape to a night of glamor and romance. The arm of the woman carefully snaked out from it's place against Yua till she now squeaked happily. In a flash the happy doppelganger of Yua sprinted off toward @Itzal and @Aereth. "My hero!" She shouted now leaping up and onto Aereth's back without a moment of hesitation tightly gripping onto him, her gaze peeking back to check on her twin's current location only to realize she hadn't even attempted to stop this. Could this possibly be the night I don't have to dance the tango with Yua and instead can spend my time actually flirting with boys! An inner squee of joy caused her arms to tighten harder about the orange cursor player as she peeked her head up over his shoulder. "Oh hi mister Itzal!"

I followed Ariel as she led me thru a dance to the slow romantic music. She really was a skilled dancer. I smiled when she told me a secret, one of the advantages of having a dress like mine. As well as it was okay if I accidentally stepped on her foot."Hihi, I maybe isnt that skilled on this kind of dancing, but I would never do tha-." My sentece got abruptted. I felt my cheeks get warm and red when there was something soft between my foot and the floor. "Oh, Im s-sorry Ari." I said at first. But the blonde seemed to dont care so I relaxed and got into the rythm of the dance again.

When the dance was over Ariel behaved in a very manly way when she bowed and thanked for the dance. "It was a pleassure to dance with you miss." I said as I thanked her back, holding my dress to the sides while bending my knees.

I looked around to the many players that was nearby with my index on my lower lip. "Hmm, who to start with? There is quite alot of players present."What about those?" I said and pointed towards Hakai and the ones she was standing with.

A lot was going on all around the ball room. Everything was static, nothing was calm and relaxed. Even he, who danced a steady waltz wasn’t anything ordinary, he was dancing with his sword anyways. Standing out was actually pretty difficult at this ensemble. There were many different people, everyone standing out in their own way. Macradon was just him, waltzing around with his sword. “It’s pretty sad that the only dancing partner I have is my sword … hm …” he thought for himself as he sighed, dancing around with the heavy steel sword. Step step skip, step step skip. That was the same rhythmic pattern that just kept running and running through his mind as he danced around. In his new formal wear, Macradon would keep his stance nice and tidy, remembering to keep his back straightened as well as his posture refined so he wouldn’t look like a savage who accidentally went into this castle.

Teion took a moment to regulate her breathing. She was letting herself get worked up--it was just a dance at a holiday event, and they had been questing together lately, so it wouldn't be out of the question for them to share a dance in this type of environment...right? Teion's gaze drifted back to Beatbox when he took a step forward to invite her again. She stiffened up for a moment as she was caught off-guard by his smile before bringing a her hand to her mouth, fingers curled as she gave a small clearing of her throat to dismiss any nerves lingering in her vocal chords.

"Alright." She gave another nod of her head, placing her hand gingerly atop his. As the two stepped out onto the main floor where other couples--players and NPCs alike--danced in time to the music, the blacksmith had regained her composure, for the most part.

@Beatbox

Beatbox had smiled wider as she had agreed and place her hand on top of his to go downstairs to go dance, he had tightened his grip as he lead her downstairs to where all the dancing was going on and as he stepped down with Teion they had felt like the volume of the music had gotten louder and louder... as they had gotten down there, the music was just as slow as ever and was highly romantic, his face had deeply reddened as they had gotten to an area where they could dance in the corner of the room. He had looked forward to her and placed one hand upon her waist waiting for her to place her hands around of upon his shoulder or neck before placing the last on her other side "All you need to do is place your hands upon my shoulder or around my neck and follow my pace on your swaying movements... its that simple." he looked at her, back down to the floor then back up to Teion as they were going to dance they were essentially forced to look upon each other.

@Teion

Regaining his composure, Takeshi stands up and looks around as everybody else seems to be in the dancing spirit. If there is one time he could cheer himself up, this would be it now. He walks around the ballroom as he eats one more sweet, looking at the decorative ceilings and making sure that he isn't in the dancers' way. He sees a female player named Zandra looking for males that can potentially dance with her, and there is also a pair of twins with different personalities, one of them is notably flirtatious towards her 'hero', Aereath. 

And then there is the player dancing with his sword, still looking as awkward as ever to Takeshi's eyes, though he understands the feeling of not being able to have a partner. Wanting to see him up close, Takeshi heads towards him as he grips the handle of his sword, suddenly feeling like dueling even though he has no shield with him. As soon as he is close to him, he realizes his level and declines himself to initiate a duel with him. Greeting would be fine.

@Macradon

Beat too noticed Hikoru's stare, following it back again, to see the blonde he had acknowledged. Clearly, she was someone that @Hikoru had no love for. He knew better than to ask, however, and kept his questions to himself as he quickly accepted the friend request with a tap of his finger. Watching as the man returned to the shadows he then turned to @Shield, who had been trying to catch his eye. Giving the man a nod of affirmation, he concurred that the incident had been odd and it didn't do well for the blonde's reputation that had been called into question. He resolved himself to determine for himself what kind of person she was, but with the proper precautions of course.

I'll need to be careful, but I need to know for sure. 

His attention turned to the other paladin who had come up, wanting to ask the questions that Hikoru had. He stayed silent, content to let Shield conduct the cautionary pays while he took note. 

@Morgenstern

Edited by Beat

When Dom offered his hand, Row hesitated a little bit as she reached out. Relax, he is not going to bite you. She grabbed his hand and held it tightly. It took all her mental energy loosened up to match his grip so she was unable to properly take in the scene until they were already inside. Her face was as warm as it was pink, so she tried her best to not look in Dom direction. When she finally did look around, she did not see anyone she knew which was typical due to her solo play style. While one or two faces reminded her of the raid she partook in, not of them were people she was overly friendly with. Being around total strangers ironically was putting her at ease, well until she eventually picked out a familiar face. "Vargas!" To think he was here too. Did he have a date? She hasn't seen much of him lately outside of the raid event, even around the shop. That wasn't the issue though. She squeezed Dom's hand, worried what the man might say after seeing her. She wasn't in love with the man, but he did have a way with making her heart beat, for better or for worst. She also hasn't forgiven herself for nearly getting the man killed. "Dom... I" She released his hand and moved to the other side of him as to stay out of Vargas line of sight. "I am thirsty, can we go get a drink." She hoped that her anxiety was not overly showing but given the redness of her face and her stuttering quiet voice, it would take a miracles for anyone not to notice something up.

@Vargas

@Dominion

I picked at the wrist of my right glove as I stepped past the threshold into the Castle of Amour, and fiddled with my crimson tie, attempting to neaten all features of my outfit. I had to look good for the ladies, of course. It was the 13th of February; the day before Valentine's Day, and the system was holding a special event for all players upon the fourth floor. An immense castle, where all manner of dancing, dueling and lots and lots of eating would take place. We were probably expected to take a date... to my dismay, Jevi had not contacted me in a long time. Either she was busy, avoiding me for whatever reason... or the alternative which I did not wish to consider. Her name had not been grayed out in my friends list, meaning she was not dead... but any number of other ill fates could have befallen her.

And thus, I had come alone, Albion Claws safely rolled up and stored in the pockets of my pitch black suit. After taking a deep breath to clear my thoughts, I headed off towards the staircase to explore the different rooms, simply peeking around doorways to see the goodies within. I located the kitchen, lined with tables and tables of food, a ballroom, where players already began dancing with each other, a large, peaceful room with a fountain in the center and cupids surrounding the couples within, and a more elongated room, with a different flooring to the rest of the castle, likely for duels to show power, dominance and to win the ladies' hearts. Me being me, I decided the kitchen was the first place to start; I could act inconspicuous, simply grabbing a bite to eat, in hopes of picking up someone's attention.

Dominion heard Row say his name and then... she moved to his other side. Dominion was slightly confused by this and seeing that her face turn red. He thought that he must have messed up something until he turned his head to look in that general direction. A guy stood in that direction that Dominion didn't recognize, but apparently this flustered Row. "Well, I could certainly do with a drink as well. However, I wouldn't suppose they would have hot green tea, so it would seem as though I am at a loss. Do you have a preference?"  Dominion just went with it. He didn't want to make Row uncomfortable. Apparently that player had a tie with her that he didn't know. So, Dominion began to lead Row toward the kitchen, using his height and frame to strategically block out Row from being seen by Vargas. As they entered the kitchen, Dominion looked around. "No green tea? Darn" Dominion smiled, but he was completely lost in thought about what had just happened. Did I do something wrong?

@Row

Teion made a conscious effort to stay collected and keep her nerves at bay. A lot of other players were dancing, so this was totally normal, right? Beatbox turned to face her before she felt his hand against her waist. The girl instinctively froze up a moment, but quickly forced herself to relax."M-mm..." Teion mumbled out an acknowledgement for his explanation, equally unsure where to direct her gaze. When was the last time she'd danced with someone? Now wasn't the time to try and recall, but she knew for a fact her physical interaction in Aincrad had been incredibly limited. Only now she wondered if it was intentional.

The violet-haired girl took her own position, placing her left hand at the top of his shoulder, while her right rested against his upper arm. While she took the liberty of a slight adjustment, she was able to feel just a bit more relaxed. 'At least, I think this feels right...' She still doubted herself, but didn't show any signs of hesitation. It was then that her gaze drifted up to meet Beatbox's and her short-lived moments of 'calm and collected' threatened to come to an end. After a half-second of uncertainty, the girl bit her bottom lip before forcing a word out. "...Good?"

@Beatbox

Aereth gulped as @Itzal mentioned that he would need to explain everything to Kasier so that she wouldn't strangle him with her own hands. From past encounters he knew that Kasier wasn't one of Aereth's biggest fans to begin with. "Don't worry. I think I'm fine at the moment and like you said, now's not the time to talk about that matter. So head back to your girlfriend and enjoy your evening." he replied with a somewhat forced smile. "To be honest, I feel like sh*t right now. I shouldn't be at such an event to begin with but it's an order and even Alice would be mad at me for being down the whole ti..." He didn't even have the time to finish his train of thoughts, because Yui decided to jump onto his back when she noticed him.

He sighed mentally and let the pink haired twin down on the ground again. "Isn't hero a little bit too far fetched? I just did what everybody should have done. And seeing you jump at me tells me that you managed to free yourself from Yua's iron grip?" Aereth told @Yui with a slight chuckle. "Well then how about we use this rare opportunity for a dance? You're the one who talked me into coming here anyways." he said, offering his right hand to guide her to the dance floor.

Beatbox had watched as she had placed a hand upon his shoulder, then another upon the other arm, smiling Beatbox had then placed his last hand on the other side of her waist, his face had glowed more red as he was more anxious and shy about this all... but he had felt a little more confident in himself, after hearing her word of asking if was good he gave her a warm smile as he had kept eye contact into her eyes "Good... now all you have to do is match my swaying movements... its simple.." he then began to slowly sway from side to side standing in place not moving away from the spot that they were in. He didn't know what to say nor do, he simply had kept eye contact and a faint smile, he didn't really know what to do... however he couldn't help himself from saying at least... something, he chuckled for a second and then said to her in a quite voice that exclaimed forward to her "You look really stunning in that outfit Teion."

@Teion