[F06-SP] <<The Gemini>> Mirror Mirror [Completed]

Spoiler

<<The Gemini>>

This quest takes place on Floor 6

This quest is not repeatable
This RP will not count in the benchmark.

YuUVe9a.jpg?1

An NPC with no name appears before you when you are adventuring. He challenges you to a friendly duel and promises magnificent rewards if you win. However, once you begin the duel, you realize that it is a duel to the death! His name appears and he is revealed to be the Gemini, and then he transforms into you. He has the same HP and skills as you. If you win the duel and kill the Gemini, you gain the skill of <<Concentration>> if you roll a 1-17 on your loot die at the end of the battle. This adds a +1 to the attack it is used for, but has a 5 turn cooldown period. If you roll and 18-20, you can the <<Disguise>> skill. It temporarily transforms you into the other enemy, giving you a +1 on your combat die and them a -1 on their next action. It only during your and his turn, and can only be used once every twelve turns.

Good luck Players!

Requirements:

-RP must be at least [2]  (21 or more posts)
-This RP is SP only
-Must defeat Gemini

Gemini Information:

The Gemini has all your skill levels and your HP, but uses a vanity version of your equipment without the enhancements (though skill bonuses and mods, still apply). The Gemini uses sword arts too, so their base will be multiplied using your mid tier weapon rank multiplied. Use this table for an exact amount to use.

Your Weapon rank Gemini Damage Multiplier
0 1
1 1
2 2
3 3
4 4
5 5

*Note: The Gemini has no energy bar so with every successful hit he will use a Sword art dealing the above mentioned damage (its base damage * your weapon rank)

Rewards:

1. You will be gifted with the extra skill <<Concentration>> if your final post completing the battle has a loot die roll of 1-17, or <<Disguise>> if your loot die roll is 18-20.
  2. You will gain 3 Skill Points

This RP is SP only
Recommended Level: 6

Spoiler

ID# 76539: LD: 21 (17+4) = 1 T1 Mat found (1 Total)

Horus flew high above the treetops of the forests that covered the 6th floor, acting as scout while Beat cleaved his way through the thick vegetation by using the steel two-handed sword he had gotten when he first logged in. It was useless to him from a combat effectiveness point of view, but it made quick work of the plant life that was too thick to simple walk through. Bringing his sword down in a vertical slash through a twisted wall of vines, Beat uncovered a small oasis surrounded by a small clearing in the forest. It was a welcome change to the constant weed wacking he had been forced to do. He grumbled as his feet hit the vine and leaf covered ground in the clearing. 

"Man, flying would be so nice! I guess all of the character in the land would be for naught if everyone could just fly over it though. Still, I'm getting no where fast." 

He approached the small pond of water and marveled at the clarity of the perfectly still fluid. Beat knelt down and scooped and handful of water into his mouth. His eyes closed as the cool liquid ran down his throat, relieving the gradual thirst that had been building up. Horus slowly spiraled down, into the clearing, and landed next to his human. Beat's eyes opened as he turned his head to look at the majestic falcon staring at him as he reached for the material his familiar had brought him. 

"Drink up, we need to keep ourselves hydrated if we're going to get home."

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 76613: LD: 24 (20 + 4) = 1 T1 Mat found (2 Total)  

Horus made a clicked his beak happily as he turned to drink from the pond as Beat stashed a small piece of rock that had been tagged as a material. No sooner had his thirst begun to find relief, the the reflection of his master in the water reach for him. The Falcon quickly flapped its wings to take to the air as quickly as it could, narrowly avoid the grey hand of Beat's reflection. At this point, Beat he leaped back and was watching as his image took form and walked out of the water. It was a strange sight to behold to be sure. 

"Wh-what are you...?" 

Beat's initial guess was that it was some sort of mimic, but he had never heard of something like this, so it was only a guess. The being was literally the image of himself, right down every strand of hair on his head. The only glaring difference between the two "Beats" was the grey overtone that seemed to be applied to every color on the duplicate's model. Horus landed on his left shoulder as Beat spoke again, his body ready for combat, but not ready to jump into it if it wasn't necessary. 

"What. Are you?"

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

This post and every other post will be from the perspective of the Gemini until it is defeated

Beat slowly rose out of the water, reaching for Horus, who flew away scared as he did so, flying to the shoulder of what appeared to be a doppelganger of himself. The largest difference between him and the copy that had leaped away from him was that he was brightly colored and had exacted some sort of control over his familiar. He glared at the enemy of his image and brandished his fist at the brightly colored offender. 

"I don't know what you did to Horus, but you have about 10 seconds to let him go!" 

He set his jaw and grit his teeth as his anger began to seethe. The bond he and Horus shared had become cemented quickly by the trial they had endured as Horus had earned his destined blessing. The connection made his familiar something that he could say he would lie his life down for, a fact that scared him, but one that he had learned to take a certain amount of pride in.

Beat's brow furrowed as he watched the gray image of himself stare at his familiar in a knowing way as if he knew who Horus was. The image would occasionally twitch and fragment graphically, leading Beat to believe that what this thing was, it was a glitch of some kind. He instantly recalled the mother boar that had appeared during the first quest he and Shield ever did. It had been real enough to engage them in combat, so Beat would not make the assumption that he was safe right now. He took a few, cautious steps forward, confused by what the image had said. The dodoppelganger's voice was cracked and fragmented, but he had heard enough to get the message. He shook his head, confused.

"You just walked out of a pond man. What makes you think that I'm the imposter here?" 

Horus sat perched on his shoulders, the feathers behind his head frilled up and his grip on Beat's shoulder somewhat uncomfortable. Beat himself was actually somewhat relaxed, but only as a way to keep the tension from building inside and slowing his reaction time should the gray Beat choose to attack. 

The colorful Beat's words were somewhat broken and faded in and out, but enough was getting through that, combined with a little lip reading, Beat could understand what his counterpart was saying. He looked back to the pond, pondering why he had come from such a place. The forest surrounding him seemed familiar and he remembered hunting for materials in the forests of floor six. His brow furrowed as he tried to make sense of it all. 

"Why was I in the pond? I just-GRAAAH!!!"

Suddenly, his mind seemed to become erratic, memories and thoughts coming rapidly and leaving just as quickly as they came. He clutched his head as the chaos began to feel like a headache. He had never felt anything like this before and he couldn't form a straight thought to begin to come up with a solution. He felt himself begin to pass out before, just as suddenly as the chaos had begun, his head was clear and the pain was suddenly gone. He straightened up and shook his head at his counterpart as if the answer to his inquiry was obvious. 

"I was swimming of course. Don't try to confuse me when you're obviously the imposter here!" 

Edited by Beat

Beat's arms folded as he watched his gray-washed counterpart seemed to become confused. It was almost like the man had no idea that he had just come into existence moments ago. Horus's grip on his shoulder tightened as the "Beat" before him began to writhe and clutch his head, his character model fragmenting periodically, but in a much more pronounced way that it had before. The scream of the man seemed distant at times as he seemed to become more and more scrambled. A feeling of sadness came over Beat as he watched his image writhe and scramble. Even though the being was clearly not a real person, it had a certain sentience that made it hard to see past the fact that someone was dying, digital or not.Beat reached up and stroked the back of Horus's head to ease his tension as they watched what Beat assumed was the glitch being erased by the system. 

"Easy Horus, it'll be fine."

After about 30 seconds, but Beat and Horus released a gasp as the Image of Beat became unrecognizable and then suddeny formed back into a perfect mirror of what it had been before, with one exception. The shade of gray that had been run over all of the colors on the previous version was now several shades darker, making the being more menacing. The other notable difference was that the copy's voice was now mostly clear, with a small odd variation here and there, but nothing like it had been before. 

"So you say...are you alright? That looked painful..."

Beat wore a smug expression as he attempted to resist his colorful counterparts attempts to confuse him. He wasn't sure what the man was talking about, but there was a certain oddity to everything. The obvious being the color replica of himself, but the other disturbing part was the fact that his counterpart had his familiar. Beat looked around for signs of Horus flying through the sky and whistled loudly, calling for his falcon companion. He stared at the colorful familiar standing on the replica's shoulder, seemingly belonging to the man. Frustration and confusion began to simmer within him as he tried to makes sense of everything that was happening. 

"What is happening!? Where is Horus?!" His previous erratic glare focused on the copy of himself, desperate for answers. "Did you do this?! Just tell me!" 

He stared at the man, not wanting to fight him, despite the urge to punch something as a form of stress relief. Something about this seemed off, but he had a feeling the man before him had little to do with it. He heaved in frustration as he awaited a response.

Despite the darker shade covering the form of himself that had emerged from the pond, the being actually seemed more aware and coherent. Unfortunately, Beat's inquiry seemed to have had an undesired effect the the dark man began to become angry and frustrated, clearly confused by the whole situation. The one thing that had kept Beat grounded through all of this was the knowledge that it was likely an issue with the game, but his counterpart did not seem privy to that knowledge or had simply disregarded it in his frustration. Beat took a few steps forward as he sought to ease the anomaly's mind. 

"I can tell you I didn't do this, but I can tell you what I think." Beat stopped for a moment to consider how much this would actually help, sighing as he felt that the being had a right to know, "When you emerged out of the pond, you model was fragmented and you voice was broken. I bet I sounded similar if you were having those issues. My theory is that you are some kind of glitch, but I'm not certain." 

"A-a glitch?!"

Beat's fists balled up as he had increasingly more difficulty reconciling the events of the last ten minutes. He could distinctly recall everything about who he was and what his real name was. His memories of Crossreign were vivid in his mind and he wished Shield was there to help him through this. His head began to hurt once again as he yelled. 

"I am Daigo Ishikawa! I am one of two champions from Crossreign!" His glare turned to the colorful beat as the pain in his head continued to spike, "I-I....YOU ARE THE GLITC!! AHHHHHHH!!!" 

The pain gradually became too much to bear and the darkened Beat collapsed to the ground. His form shifted and fragmented once again, darkening to practically pitch black before finally stabilizing. He smiled as he rose to his feet calmly, as if nothing had happened. The shadowy image of Beat now grinned at its counter part with a knowing expression. 

"Well Daigo, looks like playtime is over. My apologies for the delay, but rest assured, there will be no more pretense. No more games." 

Both the Beat before him and his familiar recoiled at the mention of their true name. 

"How do you know my name? What do you mean games?" 

A deep cackle came from the shadowy human, "Because I AM you and once I kill you, I'll replace you. I'm not a glitch, Daigo, I'm a virus!"

Beat was now the one growing irritated as he took a step back at the mention of his real name. His eyes went wide as the shadowy figure revealed his true intentions. After a few moments, Beat managed to collect himself, his head lowering as he glared up at the new foe. 

"A virus? How did this happen? Are you targeting me or am I just that unlucky?"

The dark figure cackled as it began going through menus, nonchalantly answering Beat's questions.

"I was created by someone you know. Someone who wants revenge."

Beat recoiled once again in shock, his mind racking itself as it tried to come up with someone who would hold such a vendetta against him. He had never burned any bridges since his time in Sword Art Online so he knew it wasn't anyone he had met since his time in the game. The only thing he could think of was that it would have to be someone from Crossreign. He had burned many bridges to get to the top, but even then, he hadn't done so out of malice. Crossreign was only a game after all. 

"I honestly have no idea who you could be, but you're talking about my life here! I doubt I've done enough to warrant my execution!" 

The darkened Beat's brow furrowed, his enjoyment of the game he was playing lessened by the fact that the real Beatt  had the audacity to forget about him, like he was inconsequential. He balled his fists up as was now shouting, startling the local wildlife that had been spectating from the safety of the surrounding foliage. 

"HEXTAL!!? You really don't remember sticking me in third place EVERY SINGLE TOURNAMENT?!" 

He grit his teeth as he glared into the eyes of the rival who had bested him together with Shield in every competition or game he had ever played. It had started as a rivalry, but his fury was invoked when he found out that the only rivalry anyone knew or cared about was the one between "The Unstoppable Force" and the "Immovable Object." It was due to this barrier to entry that he was forever forgotten in the professional circuit as the one who always came in third. He grinned madly at the object of his ire. 

"You life being forfeit is...admittedly an unforeseen consequence and I originally only planned to steal you character and username, but I will NOT BE DENIED!!!" 

He quickly pulled up a menu and sent his adversary a duel request that was set "to the death." He tensed as he prepared himself for a battle he had been looking forward to for a long time. A barrier comprised of red server warning messages surrounded the clearing, turning their soon to be arena a crimson red as he continued to vent his frustrations.

"You denied my challenges for so long! Interested in no one but that geezer! Now...Now you have no choice!"

Spoiler

ID# 77037: BD: 6 (3+3) 

Acupuncture - 3x3 - dmg= 10 * 9 = 90 -10 EP 

Hextal [250/340]

Beat [340/340] [24/34]

Beat was visibly taken aback by the mention of Hextal's name. He recalled the man's name clearly, but not much else other than remembering seeing his name in the rankings a few times. In Crossreign, and to a lesser degree in Sword Art Online, Beat was arrogant and confident in his ability to best just about anyone. His rivalry with Shield had eventually gotten to the point that he rarely accepted challenges from anyone else. This obsession with someone who could rival his own abilities bled into his tournament life as well, causing him to simply not show up to tournaments that Shield was said to not be participating in. He lowered his eyes at Hextal as his own fists began to glow, the red glow of the barrier making his eyes take on a sort of demonic appearance as his anger began to boil over.

"You seriously have a screw loose if you think a game is worth anyone's life! You want a fight?! FINE!" 

He hastily accepted the duel request, his glowing hands leaving a trail of light behind him as he approached in a blur of motion. His hands struck his doppelganger's vitals with blinding speed and succession. Stunning him in place as his hacked model took time to register the full effect, his health bar dropping. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77038: MD: 8 = Hit!

Dmg: 7 * 4= 28

Hextal [250/340]

Beat [312/340] [24/34]

Thanks to the safety features of the game, Hextal could not feel pain, but Beat's blows hit home and his body seized from the assault as he watched over a third of his health bar drop. He took a moment to recover before illuminating his own hands with a malicious grin on his face, his eyes mad with delight. 

"YES! This is what I want! I fight to the death with the Unstoppable Force!" 

The virus charged forth, his bloodlust fueling his glowing fists as they attempted to mimic Beat's previous attack with some measure of success. His strikes peppered his rival as he vented his rage into his opponent, ending with a knockout punch that managed to knock the Unstoppable Force to the ground. He caught his breath as he looked down on his long awaited opponent, his grin bordering unnatural in how far it was spreading across his face. 

"How's that? What do you think of me now?!" 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77039 BD: 6 (3+3)

Acupuncture - 3x3 - dmg= 10 * 9 = 90 -10 EP +1 EP

Hextal [160/340] 

Beat [312/340] [15/34]

Beat watched as Hextal's impressive speed managed to catch him slightly by surprise. HE smiled as he went back to a habit he had in Crossreign by letting his opponent have one "freebie" to show that they had no chance. He winced as his foe attempted to use the same Sword art he did, striking with impressive precision, though the impact felt like it should have been more for the art rank it was. The force of the final blow managed to knock him to ground, rolling him once before he stopped. He rose onto his hands and knees and began to chuckle as he slowly rose to his feet, a smug grin on his face. 

"Technique is pretty good, but-" Beat pointed up at his health bar, evoking a look of panic from Hextal that made Beat grin even harder, "-Your hands are SOFT!"

Beat was more relaxed than before, but his anger still needed an outlet. He rushed forward again and assaulted his opponent's vitals with the same precision he had used before, pleased at the large drop in his target's health. 

"See? That sword art is far stronger than whatever hacked version you're using is." 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77099: MD: 6 = hit

Dmg: 7 * 4= 28

Hextal [160/340]

Beat [284/340] [15/34]

Hextal's eyes began to become blood shot and a vein throbbed in his forehead as he tried to make sense of why he was losing by such a wide margin. The virus he had made was supposed to copy all of the information that Beat's NerveGear had, including current equipment and abilities. 

So why isn't it working?! Something must have gone wrong!

Hextal's eyes shot to his ever decreasing life bar as he struggled to come up with some sort of plan to overcome such a gross oversight. He shook his head, finally reaching a state of denial. There was no way he could have blundered so completely. Surely another Sword art would work just fine. Hextal's feet began to glow he he hopped towards Beat and spun 360 degrees in an instant, his foot crossing his target's face with a crack. He wore a smug grin for only a moment before realizing that this sword art had done identical damage. Panic began to settle in as he gocked at Beat's health bar. 

"HOW!? WHAT IS HAPPENING!?"

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77103: BD: 9 (6+3) 

Acupuncture - 3x3 - dmg= 10 * 9 = 90 -10 EP +1 EP

Hextal [70/340] 

Beat [284/340] [6/34]

Beat's head whipped to the side with the force of the kick, taking a step to the side to avoid falling off balance. He looked back to Hextal wit ha satisfied grin, his eyes only momentarily glancing at his health bar before burrowing back into his opponent's head. His hands glowed again as he slowly walked towards his troubled foe, who was now walking backwards in fear. 

"Wrong again...technique isn't quite there and the power is totally lacking. I know I hit way harder than that!"

His hands became a blur as they launched towards his opponent, finding their target with ease, colliding with force that could easily shatter the man's bones if there was such a thing in the game. Hextal yelled in shock as he stumbled backwards, tripping and falling onto his rear. Beat continued to slowly walk forward, unafraid of his opponent and a certain desire to end the man's suffering coming over him. 

"You're running out of life...out of time..."

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77107: MD: 10 = total crit!

Dmg: (7+2) * 4= 36

Hextal [70/340]

Beat [248/340] [6/34]

Now sitting on the ground, the fearful Hextal grit his teeth as he fought to find his resolve. He had put so much into the scheme that he refused to simply give up, even if victory was completely unrealistic. He scrambled to his feet and channeled his swort art into his hands, aiming to replicate the attack the Beat had beaten into him three times so far. The man shook with rage as Beat continued to corner him, taunting him by rubbing salt into his emotional wounds. Spit flew from his mouth as he screamed at his rival.

"You...you mock mee!? I'll kill you!!!" 

His hands flew at a speed Beat would find familiar, Hextal's hands sinking in cruelly, leaving red tears in the textures of Beat's character, representing the damaged areas. The virus's chest heaved as he over-exerted himself, wishing that whatever mistake he had made would suddenly correct itself and his dream of revenge could be fulfilled. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77115: BD: 1

+1 EP -2 EP 

Hextal [70/340]

Beat [248/340] [5/34]

Beat took a haphazard swing in retaliation, missing badly as Hextal's blows managed to genuinely overwhelm his defenses. He staggered backwards and gave his head a quick shake to re-orient himself. He gave Hextal a look of admiration as he rose to his feet, dusting himself off and casually checking his health bar, still unconcerned about the damage he was taking. He gave a nod of approval as he rubbed one of the spots Hextal's attack had hit the hardest. The game made feeling pain impossible, but feeling the pressure was still jarring to say the least. 

"Nice one! I can tell you're really trying. Too bad you have absolutely no chance!" 

Beat turned up his footwork as he maneuvered around the darkened clone of himself, enjoying the moment as he thew feints and fakes out to throw his opponent off of his game. He was by no means concerned about his ability to win, but if he was having to fight, he was going to enjoy himself. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77180: MD: 2 = miss

Hextal cackled at his sudden burst of momentum that had lead him to believe his delusion that perhaps he really could win if he just fought smarter. The reality was that he would need to perform similarly for more than half a minute to stand a chance of succeeding. In his delusion, he failed to see this and continued to press his advantage.

"I've got you now! I can beat you!" 

His hands glowed as he began to perform his sword art, but by the time he was ready to attack, Beat had begun to maneuver around him, feinting in such a way that he would sometimes appear to be in two places at once, taking advantage of the limitations of human eyesight. Determined to power through whatever foolishness Beat was using, he flailed at one of the images of Beat, his fists swinging through empty air. He grit his teeth as he struggled to find the real Beat.

"Damn it! Stand still and take what's coming to you!" 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77184: BD: 12 (9+3)

Delayed Sword - 4x1 - Dmg: (10+1) * 4 = 44 +1 EP -4 EP

Hextal [26/340]

Beat [248/340] [2/34]

Beat's footwork had done the trick and his laughter surrounded as he continued to maneuver around the confused Hextal. Gradually, the familiar glow of a sword art appeared on the legs of the laughing after-images he left behind. Beat glanced at his energy bar and shrugged as he prepared to strike. 

"Welp, looks like I'm getting low on energy, so you get to suffer a little longer than anticipated. Sorry about that!" 

Kicks flew in from all angles as he targeted Hextal's vitals. Despite the system having no way of rewarding such accuracy, Beat found such accomplishments and style rewarding. His target flailed as each kick rocked his body, evoking a scream from the virus. Hextal began to collapse as Beat's images stopped and he held the man up by the shoulder. 

"It's not over yet, not by a longshot." 

Beat ended his art with a chop to the back of Hextal's neck that sent him face first into the grass.

Edited by Beat