[PP:F7:NK:Complete] More Mats! More Friends! [Beat | Shield | Soredell]

Anemone had whispered the name of Nimbus, the main settlement of floor seven to the portal on floor one and was whipped away in a glory of light. Coming back to this very atmospheric floor had been good for her. She was studying bits and pieces and even laid out a travel path to collect the material nodes along the way. And that was her plan for today, she didn't need much help from anyone but it was interesting to find that people would stop by and talk to her on the way out. Sometimes they would party up with her, often times it was just a quick chat before they needed to move onto something else. 

With the help of her friends recently, she had been encouraged to talk more and to not be so shy around people. Her defenses were still as high as they could be, but she was learning to accept people at face value instead of if they were hiding a knife behind their backs. Sweeping the hair from her face, the young woman moved with the grace of a dove through the small crowds of people that had gathered around. It seemed many people were off on adventure this morning. "Good day to you," she would say to a random stranger passing by. They would not say anything but give a simple head nod. That was enough for Anemone, and that was a surprise she was able to say that in a loud enough voice for the person to hear her. She smiled and was on her way, with a backpack slung over her shoulder and dropped down to her waist, she was quite ready to move out. 

Lifting a hand and peering at her map over her ghostly menu, she traced over the path she had created the night before to make sure she would hit all the gathering spots, "Everything looks okie dokie to me. I suppose all that is left is to go out there and get them. And hopefully not die in the process. I should be ok though..." 

@Shield || @Beat || @Soredell

Edited by Anemone

"Teleport Nimbus." Soredell says, before being surrounded in a bright, white light, signalling the process of him teleporting to his destination. The process doesn't take long. In fact, the sequence is almost instantaneous, and before Soredell realizes it, he's arrived in the town of Nimbus, on the 7th floor. He heard rumors that the 7th floor were the best places to grind for materials and SP, their fields filled with monsters. But with that, he realized the risk in fighting monsters on floors that were usually for players at a higher level than him. But times like these called for desperate measures. Still, he had to exercise caution, lest he wanted to die, which is something he didn't want to happen to him.

Soredell heads off through the tow, weaving through the groups of players and NPCs alike, before making his way out of town. Pulling up a map, he traces out where the nearest site is supposed to be, which thankfully isn't too far. "Better get a move on." he says, heading off. Eventually he gets to the site, but notices that he isn't alone. He sees that there is a girl present as well. "I guess you're looking for materials or something here?" he asks her, in an attempt to start a conversation to break the ice.

Spoiler

Spoiler

ID# 77267 results: Loot: 4 + 3 equipped + 1 skill = 8 - No materials (0 total)

Shield waited outside of the edge of Nimbus, occasionally checking his messages for word back from @Beat. As he paced back and forth along the same stretch of road, he nudged at the stones along the side, hoping to spot some ore or other interesting commodities that could be used as sacrifices to the gods of appraisals. The sentiment was silly, but since the entire matter of appraisal seemed to be random, that was how it felt sometimes. Unfortunately, his halfhearted investigation returned no results.

"Looks like I'll have to wait for him to get here then so we can actually get out into the wild a bit," he sighed, covering his eyes to squint back towards the town. "Always gotta keep me waiting don't you?"

As he paced, he laced his fingers together and stretched out the joints in front of him, taking a little time to admire the landscape. He stood near the mouth of the stone entrance that led into the settlement. behind him, a wide, sweeping mountain road made up largely of hairpin turns.

Edited by Shield

Beat stepped out of the teleporter, having just arrived, a smile on his face and happy to be out of the kitchen. His profession took much of his time, but, like any craft, it took time and effort to master, even in a video game. He followed the marker for Shield's character until he finally reached the sometimes surly man. He gave his friend a sheepish smile as he whizzed through his menus and summoned what appeared to be a small hunk of meat from it, attracting attention from the falcon resting on his shoulder. 

"Hey, at least I always bring food." 

He lifted the meat in front of Horus, who fought his natural instincts to attack to scrumptious treat and gently took the treat from his hand, snarfing it immediately once he was sure Beat wasn't going to lose a hand in the process. Beat chuckled, enjoying the process of caring for his animal companion as he gestured for Shield to lead the way, his brow frowning as a playful smile crept across his face as they began leaving the town. 

"And it actually tastes good now. I have living customers now."

"Oh goodness gracious!" Anemone almost flipped out. Getting spooked like that as someone spoke to her as she was gnawing on her bottom lip. The woman was nearly given a heart attack from the stranger's voice. When her hand had lifted up to sweep away the menu, her bright fire red eyes shot the man a look and she nearly jumped out of her skin, "Oh! Dear me...you gave me another fright with that gear on!" Anemone wasn't one for raising her voice, but it was loud and sharp enough to cut through the air at the individual. She gulped silently looking him over from head to toe, he was decked out in some ninja looking assassin gear which made her pale snow white skin, almost translucent. She stammered a bit now getting her bearings. 

"Ugh, yeah I am about to go looking for some materials...Oh great, he's probably gonna drag me by my hair and slaughter me out in the fields now. Defend yourself, woman! Nice...weather we have, huh?

DEFEND YOURSELF!!! DON'T MAKE LIGHT CONVERSATION!! 
But he's a green crystal! He hasn't hurt anyone! He looks harmless!
THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE!!!"

Anemone was having an inner monologue moment as she was studying this individual and then she blurted out something strange, "So, killed any people lately...?" she asked in a beyond nervous laugh tiptoeing backwards, "Oh great job at being Subtle!" Her bright red eyes scanned the area, there had to be something she could use to defend herself if she were about to be ambushed by the League of Assassins or something. Her eyes quickly moved left and right, nervous smile still on her face.

ID: 77274
LD: 10+8 = [+1 T1 Material]

Ah-ha! She found a sharp, jagged looking rock. Yes! If this guy made any weird movements, she could probably bash his head for a quick blow and make a run for it. She quietly picked up the jagged rock and smiled innocently as to not alert him of her plans or to make any sudden movements that might get her killed. @Soredell

Edited by Anemone

Soredell nearly jumped back in shock from @Anemone's response. 'Definately wasn't expecting that' he thought to himself, as she turned around, revealing herself to him, before she has another... negative reaction to his gear. 'Wasn't expecting that either.' he thought, keeping a neutral facial expression. He's also taken aback by her verbal response to his... surprise. Then, the small talk started. He had to fight the urge to roll his eyes at her attempt to salvage the situation, which was failing horribly. One could only speculate what is running through her head at the moment. Not taking too much time to think about that, he scans the area around them for anything out of place. Unsurprisingly his half-assed efforts brought no results, no materials. All he saw were two people nearby, @Shield and @Beat. His search is cut off with her asking him if he'd killed anyone recently. 'OK, I DEFINATELY was not expecting THAT kind of response.' he thinks to himself before turning to her, watching as she picks up a sharp looking rock.

By now it was quite obvious as to what she was so nervous about; Soredell of course. her body language, the way she spoke, her eyes darting back and forth. "Alright, lets save us both the trouble and cut the crap. Its beyond obvious that you're nervous about me, and that rock you have there probably won't just serve as materials in the future." he says, pointing at the jagged rock. "Lets be real here. You're probably much more experienced in this game than I am, and I'm willing to bet that you're probably a higher level than I am. So there's absolutely nothing to worry about." he says, extending his hand to her in a friendly handshake, with absolutely no malicious intent behind it. "My name is Soredell. I hope in time I'll be able to gain your trust here, so I don't need to worry about you beating me to death with that rock of yours." he says.

Spoiler

ID: 77275
LD: 4 (Fail)

Edited by Soredell
Spoiler

ID# 77276 results: Loot: 12 + 3 equipped + 1 skill = 16 - +1 Material (1 total)

"Did you also bring that bracelet I let you borrow?" Shield asked, crossing his arms over his chest. "I let you borrow it to help with your familiar quest, and I have yet to see any sign of it."

At the mention of familiars, though likely more from coincidence than anything else, Norbert, the overly large and overly grumpy alligator snapping turtle on Shield's back seemed to perk up. From the noises he was making, he was hungry, or more so than usual at least. More likely than not, he had noticed that Horus was being fed while he was not and decided to stage a protest by flailing his legs as quickly and ferociously as he could, which was not very.

Shied rolled his eyes, ignoring the ornery creature. As he rolled his eyes, however, they caught a glint of something shiny in the masonry of the arch from which the road spilled down the mountain side. He equipped his axe, using the barbed spike on its front to prize a chunk of quartz from the wall, which he quickly stored.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 77314: not high enough

Beat laughed as his hands went to work, pulling up the trade menu and trading the item back to his friend. He was always in the moment and so was not always good about remembering things like debts and returning borrowed items. Fortunately, Shield complimented him fairly well in the regard and was always sure to remind him. As a result, his thoughtfulness had made some improvement, though this time was not an example of that. 

"Yeah, sorry about that. You know I suck at remembering those things. Just say something next time, you know I'm not a thief!"

Beat finished just in time to catch the phrase "Killed any people lately?" come from an innocent looking player who was holding a jagged rock for some reason. His blood ran a few degrees cooler as he stopped and stared at the woman holding a potential weapon. She appeared to be a higher level player, but her icon was green. He leaned over to Shield and spoke in a hushed tone. 

"What's that about? Sounds suspicious whatever it is."

Edited by Beat

"Oh! I am so sorry!" She apologized hastily bowing profusely at the person in front of her. "I did not mean to jump to such wild assumptions. There was a group of players called Laughing Coffin I heard about and they used a lot of ninja like people in their guild. I wanted to be sure you were not one of them, of course...this guy could be leading me into a trap or something. Perhaps I should just take his word. Smile!" With his hand stretched out, the woman smiled and her small trembling hand finally made way to his. Of course she shook his hand as a proper lady would. She attempted to not be rude any further.

"My name is Anemone, I am strictly a Support role so even if I did wanna hurt you, I'd probably only deal a very insignificant amount of damage...oh! Not to say that I would hurt you! I don't very much enjoy player on player violence, I think it's sad what some people do to others. Like killing them or something," she smiled faintly, "But if you are out looking for some materials I might be able to help you along. I got a decent Search Skill. Why don't we partner up for a little while? Let me make it up to you since I was so rude to you earlier." It was at this time she noticed another pair of individuals not too far away, one of them looking over in the direction of herself and Soredell. She smiled back at them and gave a small wave for...no apparent reason. She looked back to Soredell, "I have a map that I like to go by that will keep us relatively safe from the mobs in this area. We can go around most of the spawn points and pick up the collections located across the border. Safe and easy." 

When she had mentioned her plans, she wondered if those two other fellows would like to join as well. Speaking up and with another small wave, "Would you two like to join us for some material hunting? You look more combat oriented than I am." Of course two other green crystaled players, they couldn't look be too bad and they looked rather familiar...Did she see them somewhere before? @Soredell @Shield @Beat

ID: 77325
LD: 6 +8 = and the streak ends

Edited by Anemone

Soredell chuckled at her response, finding it to be amusing to him. "Oh no no no, I'd never wish to associate myself with those emo edge-lords, especially player killers like themselves. They have no place here in SAO, or on Earth anyway." he says, accepting her handshake. "I'm quite sure you're a much higher level than I am, and even as a support role, you'd still be able to deal more damage than I could, and you could take me down easily." she says.

"Yeah, lets form a party. You'll probably be more likely to find materials and other things than me. Who knows? We may even find something a bit more interesting than just materials from this little hunt." he says, opening up his menu, and sending her a party request. Might as well stick together in a party while on this little trip. He then turns to the two players that @Anemone mentioned. He recognizes @Shield from previous experiences, the other, not so much. "Well, unless Anemone doesn't want to kill you two, would you like to join our party? Just going material hunting." he says, sending a party invite to those two as well.

Spoiler

ID: 77329
LD: 11

Spoiler

Received item: Finder's Keeper - +1 skill rank: Search & Detect

ID# 77331 results: Loot: 8 + 3 equipped + 1 skill rank +1 equipped skill rank = 12 - No material (1 total)

Shield glanced away from the mild scolding he was issuing and the not so mild scolding that his familiar was attempting to give him to follow @Beat's gaze.

"We know one of those players," Shield said in answer to his partner's question. "That's @Soredell. He accompanied us on The Traveler. I don't know the woman though."

Upon being addressed, Shield raised his hand in a silent greeting, walking over to the others to resume the conversation. @Anemone's offer to join the materials gathering expedition was not an unwelcome one. Although Shield was not the quickest to trust newcomers, especially considering how quick he had been to trust carries early on and the kinds of people that had brought the two of them into contact with, but he finally felt as if he was at a level where it would take a few hits for unsavory characters to put him in danger of death, even the powerful ones.

"I'm not opposed," Shield said, turning to Beat for his opinion on the matter.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 77412: LD: nope

Beat relaxed once the situation was explained. The rumors of players killers was unsettling to him to say the least, so he was always wary of situations that looked like a pvp scenario. He looked to @Soredell for a moment before the memory finally clicked. He smiled and gave the man a friendly smile and a nod. Upon @Anemone's offer to form a party, he was glad @Shield had answered so quickly, making the answer easier for him. Shield was always the more cautious of the two and Beat was certainly beginning to feel himself coming into his own as they gained levels. He was certain that they would have time to run away should the situation warrant it if, for some reason, Shield's intuition was wrong. He looked to Shield and then Anemone with a grin. 

"Sure, the more the merrier. It'll be a big help if we run into something out there."

Edited by Beat

"Oh that is grand news. Excuse me for interrupting your party. My name is Anemone. It is nice to meet you both. I feel much safer now," she kinda blurted out that last part. Not that she didn't trust Sordell, but none the less, he did look like a shady type of character. She was always very suspicious of those rogue kinds. But he didn't seem all that bad. With a brave smile on her face, hands hooked around her back and looking at the small party she wondered what the next option was going to be for them. She already had a path laid out before her on her map, but with these two joining the party, "I suppose, if you wish to look for some mobs in the area, I wouldn't be opposed to that. It might be easier to accumulate materials that way rather than looking for them." She had said, her fiery red eyes shifting to the newcomers. Nonetheless, didn't she see them somewhere else before? Her eyes narrowed slightly at the one with the scruffy beard and then the other one next to him. She wasn't very subtle about it and her eyes widened with a surprised look.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't mean to stare. I swear I have seen you two somewhere before but I just can't put my finger on it. In anycase, I do have a path planned out along the mobless area, but we can deviate a little bit. I suppose a little adventure never hurt anyone." Swinging her hands around to her front, and with a constant smile on her face, she began to walk along her given path from the map, but she then giggled slightly to herself as she began to move away from it to 'spice' things up for herself. 

ID: 77480
LD: 16+ 8 = +4 T1 Materials
@Soredell

Edited by Anemone

It takes a moment, but it finally clicks, and he remembers both of the other players from before. He remembers them in the same party as him for <<The Traveller>> quest some time ago, among other encounters. His mind is then brought back to the present, and the conversation occuring at the moment. "Well if we're going to be fighting mobs, I better be careful. I'm still a pretty low level and I would rather not die while doing something as simple as searching for materials." he says to the group, unsure if they had noticed that he sent out a party invite. Just to be extra sure, he sent it once again to @Anemone, @Shield and @Beat. While he waits for the rest of the group's response, he looks down, and notices something sticking out of the ground. Picking it up, he watches as the material disappears and is placed into his inventory. 'I do need materials for later anyway.' he thinks to himself.

Spoiler

ID: 77577
LD: 17 (Mats found - Total: 1)

Spoiler

ID# 77582 results: Loot: 16 + 3 equipped + 1 skill + 1 equipped skill = 21 - +1 Material (2 total)

Shield nodded along with the conversation, taking not of everyone's words before weighing in with what he assumed would be a good consensus.

"It sounds to me like materials are on the menu for everyone, and if we find a dungeon along the way, so be it," he surmised, looking around to the faces that were gathered. "I say we keep moving and follow Anemone's lead on the route we take. For now, though, it looks like we're all taking the same mountain road."

He beckoned for the others to follow before turning to face the downhill grade of the path and setting off. Norbert grumbled on his back, his spiny little turtle feet trying to find good purchase to be able to escape, but the holster that held them was too sturdy. As they walked, Shield spied a chunk of ore along the side of the road and bent down to retrieve it. Unlike the rusty red ones he had found previously, these ones had a flaky yellow substance on the outside.

Gold ore perhaps, as opposed to the iron I've been finding in most places. Probably intended more for artisan work than actual smithing.

He banished the item to his inventory and continued down the road.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78028: LD: not high enough *glares at roller* 

He listened to @Anemone's plan, nodding along as he found little to dislike about it. He preferred his adventures to have a little more action involved, but he was never opposed to making new friends and earning a few materials at the same time. If they did run into trouble, he knew they could handle it, so he happily accepted the party invitation, hitting the Accept button to make the screen disappear. 

"I see no reason not to go together. We might find something good in the process, plus there is strength in numbers." 

He went through his menus as he prepared to set out, his ring now picking up anything interesting around them. He hadn't had much luck so far, but he was hoping that would change with newer surroundings and good company. He let out a sigh as he began down the road, sidling next to Anemone. 

"So, you're a pretty high level, why were you so worried about us harming you? If anything, you're protecting us."

Edited by Beat

ID: 78083
LD: 6+ 8 = ;( -sad panda-

Everyone seemed to be OK with her plan and going about a much less dangerous path. Then that means she would stick with the original idea and go about the road with less mob detail to it. With a small smile on her face, the woman shifted her hands behind her back and walked slowly with the rest of the group. She had not planned on Beat coming from behind to join her side, she was nearly spooked by the player. A small blush on her cheeks when her red eyes gazed up at him, almost forgetting his question. 

"Ah, well, even if I am higher level that doesn't mean I am quite prepared for confrontation. You and your friend there seem much more advanced in combat than I will ever be. And for someone like me, I suppose I have to keep my eyes peeled for anything malicious. But I don't have any weapon skills. All I have to offer you is my healing skills and my searching skills. I highly doubt that could be considered 'protecting' you." She smiled at Beat as she teased the ends of her hair with her small fingers, curling the locks of white hair absent mindedly as she walked side by side with him. A faint blush on her pale cheeks once again as she looked down at the ground. She shifted her twin tail cape and sat on her knees at the side of the path and brushed away a small debris of flowers and weeds, "Oh. Nothing here. Will try harder next time." She said mostly to herself for encouragement. 

As she stood up, she nearly toppled backwards, her clumsy feet finding a slick corner of land and her hands grazing his shoulder to keep her up, "Oh dear! I am so sorry! I didn't mean to do that, ugh. I can be a little clumsy at times. I should have watched where I was getting up. Are you ok?" @Soredell

Edited by Anemone

Well, looks like people were all for the idea of travelling as a party and looking for any mats along the way, hopefully something more. This was all indicated by @Beat accepting his party request. That just left @Anemone and @Shield to follow suit and do the same. It would just be safer and easier for all of them if they did anyway, so they know who and where everyone is. Continuing to look around on the ground in the area, he tries to find anything that even vaguely resembles a material. It doesn't take him too long until he sees something sticking out of the ground. Digging it out, he pulls out a large piece of ore, gold in colour, before sending it to his inventory. As he gets up he feels Anemone graze past him, catching her. "Oh, jeez. I'm fine, but are you ok there?" he asks her.

Spoiler

ID: 78395
LD: NATURAL 20 (Mats found - Total: 2)

Spoiler

ID# 78420 results: Loot: 20 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 25 - +1 Material (3 total)

Accepting the invitation Soredell had sent, Shield dismissed the window, turning his attention back to the road. His eyes traveled along the nearby stone formations as well as the stony ground itself. The simple, small hoop earring he wore flickered occasionally, indicating that there were items nearby, and with a little luck, he wandered right over to one of them: a small geode resting on the ground amid an assortment of other stones that seemed to have no significance.

He picked up the round yet rough lump of stone and banished it to his inventory for later before turning his eyes to his new travel companions.

" @Anemone, was it?" Shield asked to double check to make sure he hadn't heard incorrectly. "It sounds like you have a plan, so I'll let you lead the way."

His open hand gestured down the road, though retracing the conversation so far, he realized she never specifically said that was the direction they would be taking.

OOC: Remember @Beat to let Anemone go next so she can find us a dungeon.

Edited by Shield

ID: 78518
LD: 12+8 = 20
Intermediate Dungeon Found! 

"Oh dear... yes, thank you. I am fine. I have no idea what came over my feet, its like they have a mind of their own sometimes." her smile was dulled by the hot red streak across her face. She was so clumsy like that sometimes, unable to actually stand up straight without wobbling from side to side like an idiot. When Soredell had helped her, she nodded to him and thanked him again an apologetic tone. When Shield had made mention of her name, the woman moved the long bouncy tendrils of hair from her face and she smiled at him.

"Oh, yes. I suppose I can do that." With the clumsy girl in the lead of the party, she kept her hands behind her back as she walked along the lonesome path. It was rare for her to take the lead anywhere, but given that she did say she could find them a dungeon was pretty much on her shoulders to do. Of course, she did not feel like she was being used by this group. She would be more than happy to find them a map if that was there wish. 

As they walked, there was a fork in the road with two quite different paths to take as there would be when coming to a fork. The left path looked a little more cheerful, bright orange horizon with puffy clouds lacing the sky. While the right path seemed to lean on the more sinister. Dead branches and foliage littered the ground and the sky seemed to mix with a dark purple outline and crazy fog closer to the ground.

Raising her hand to face, she looked at her party when the pop up command noted that they had indeed found an Intermediate Dungeon. 

"I suppose we chose now. Do we go straight for the dungeon, or I can simply gather the map material and let you find adventurers take this on another day." 

@Beat @Shield

Edited by Anemone