[EVENT -F18] Rovian Wars! Part II

Beat stood near Shield out of habit as he continued to go through his menus while people scurried about the ship. He wasn’t trying to be lazy, but given his lack of experience with any kind of ship operations, he figured it was probably best the let someone give him an order and then do his best to follow it. He lifted his eyes as a familiar voice called him along with his traveling companion. Turning, he saw the friendly face of @Sey, one of the paladins and higher ranking members of the guild he had recently joined.

“Sey! Just making sure my items are all set. It’s good to see you again. Looks like we’ll be fighting together. I suppose this will be our first mission together as fellow members of the Celestial Ascendants.”

Their initiation had been simple enough since it was more of an evaluation of who they were as people rather than a test of strength or ability. IT would be good to finally see his fellow guild-mate in action.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been standing, admiring the Dragon of the sea after the familiars had calmed down. As I suddenly awoke from my trancelike when I herd the NPC’s speak up, calling the captains to their position. Several other players had already headed over to them. I walked over to the small group, my seablue cloak fluttering in the wind and I felt very Viking-like in my new outfit Ive got from Ariel, a big smile on my mouth. ‘’Be right back.’’ I said both to my crew and the mighty loangboat.

The old man told us about the extra feature the small amount of extra materials we have been giving him had resulted it. ‘’Hehe, that beast really gonna feel when we reach it.’’ I said with a small laugh. A plan of how to ram the beast was already taking shape in my head and I would be prepared for anything. Then I nodded and turned around to talk to the players that needed my approvals. ‘’Guys, are you ready to send the seabeast down to the abyss?’’ I asked @Beatbox, @Hakai, @Itzal and @Hikoru. After hearing their answers and talk a little I turned to the lioness. ‘’ @Ariel - The Crowned Lion, we do have a good crew on the dragon. And it seems that the pink boat would be in much greater need of you right now.’’ I took a step towards her and embraced her. ‘’don’t drown now dear. If it is going to bad, jump of the ship and swim to us okay?’’ I whispered in her ear with a serious tone. Then I let go of her, my lips turning into a big smile from ear to ear and my face got a cheerful expression. I showed a thumb up to the blonde. ‘’Lets show that beast who the real ruler of the sea is.’’ Then I walked back to my crew. ‘’Come on know my Vikings, lets go get some dinner. Hehe.’’ I said in a deep voice as I headed towards the Dragon of the sea.

OOC- Evander has agreed to join Aereth's ship with Domarus.

Domarus turned as he was greeted by Aereth, his current candidate for his scout general.  When the player bowed to Rhozarth, Rhozarth bowed back.  Something he only did with Domarus and the generals but no one else.  Domarus listened to Aereth's proposal and while the fact that his crew did not appear was bad for his general, it was perfect for Domarus.  It seemed that Teayre would not be joining them in time.  He turned to @Evander and got a signal from him and turned back to Aereth.  
     "Yes I believe we shall be joining you Aereth.  Thank you for the invitation."  Domarus nodded as @Aereth told them to head onto the ship and wait for him since he was the captain and would be receiving his instructions.  Aereth would be leading...  This was rather interesting although it did work out.  The player was a scout and did not have much damage.  Domarus however had much damage.  As he stepped onto the ship he noticed two players approaching.  Rhozarth seemed vaguely interested in the brown haired player, and looked at the blonde as he usually did.  Rhozarth believed most players below him, and thus expected to be treated with respect.  Save for Domarus and generals of course.  He watched as the player made his way on board and nodded to the player, still covered head to toe in his black armor.  No one would be able to see his identity and his helmet made all his words sound deeper and metallic.
     "Greetings.  I do not believe we have met.  It will be interesting to fight alongside you two."

Spoiler

Update:  base dmg is 14 not 16.

@Shield @Morgenstern 

People seemed to take her distribution plan in a good way. First to abide by by her suggestion was @Beat that offered his allegiance for this fight. "Good to hear that sailor." she said with a smile while returning a salute similar to his. She then turned towards the lake and stared at the middle where supposedly, the two headed beast would reside. "Better hop on and get to know the rest of the crew, the XO seems like he has it under control. Still we will need all the help we can get with that thing. Supposedly, it has a nasty charge attack that was capable of destroying a while fishing boat. Or at least those are the stories told by survivors which fought against it. Although they all agreed on one thing: if you see its four eye shining bright red, get the hell away from it."

Then she watched him board the ship and interact with @Sey, for some reason she felt anxious while looking at the platinum haired youth. Maybe it was because he was one of the few that seemed near her own age range or just a bit older. Or maybe it was the fact that he also wielded a a one handed spear as she was. That's why when he presented himself, she let out a shy smile and simply nodes saying: "I will remember that." before looking away from his eyes, peeking at his figure as he walked away.

Next came a very skimpy dressed woman and greeted her. The pinkette couldn't help but to stare at first at her assets, unwillingly making a comparison with her own. She let out a 'Hmpf!' through her nose and replied with a smile: "Likewise missy." Information about Vale's stats were provided to the female NPC via the Cardinal system so Selina would know that this girl was the most weakest member of this assault party. Speaking as she saw past her appearance, Selina couldn't help but to ask: "Are you sure you want to be here?" with a serious tone, after the other low level player that she questioned apparently left the party.
The ponytailed pinkette next reached for 2 nearby bottles and handed them over to @Vale. They were 2 Safeguard potions. "I suggest you use these! and if you feel in danger you swim to shore as fast as you can."

Next she stood up and walked towards @Zandra who apparently was addressing her own crew. Waiting for them to finish chatting, she went next to the viking girl and said: "Your ship is the sturdiest in the fleet thanks to the large amount and good quality of the items provided. I'd like you guys to be the spearhead and keep the turtle's focus on you. When things get hairy, I want to know you're willing to take a hit in order to keep the rest of us safe. Are you okay with that?" she said in a serious tone with genuine concern for the participants.

-Vale receives 2 Safeguard Potions.

Selina's Stats:

Spoiler

Selina - Event NPC

Level 30
HP: 600
SP: 96

89 Mitigation
6 Damage
28 Thorns
18 Regen

Equipment:

Salmon Armor [T2, Perfect Heavy armor]: +36 Damage Mitigation, +18 Regen
Puce Shield [T2, Perfect Shield]: +28 Thorns, +1 Paralyze
Carnation Spear[T2, Perfect Weapon]: +2 Damage, +1 Paralyze

Skills:

Heavy Armor: Rank 5 - 50 SP
Block: Rank 3 - 23 SP
One Handed Assault Spear: Rank 3 - 23 SP

Inventory:

(3) T2 Mass HP Recovery Song: +90 HP

(1) Safeguard

(3) T2 Rare HP Recovery Potion: +160 HP

Registered crews update:

Spoiler

Ship name

Capacity

Captain

Extra

Crew members:

Icebreaker

Selina

yes

Selina, Morgenstern, Mack, Sey, Ariel, Beat, Baldur, Vale

HMS Bluebird

Aereth

yes

Aereth, Evander, Domarus, Shield

The Aria

-Free slot -

no

-No Crew-

Sea Dragon

Zandra

yes

Zandra, Beatbox, Itzal, Hakai, Hikoru

Sunny Go

Hydra

no

Hydra, Khrysaor

"Well with you and Jonathan on board I doubt we'll have any problem at all with the monster. And additionally, our ship the HMS Bluebird is pretty sturdy. It has a sh*tton of health points and not the best, but some quite decent mitigation. Maybe we'll even get the last attack bonus." Aereth said to @Shield while both of them were walking back to the ship.

When they finally came back to the Bluebird, @Domarus and @Evander were already on board, and greeted the two new crew members. When Shield asked if there was anything to do, Aereth chuckled and answered. "I don't think the is so much to do here for now. But I'll go and check on how I have to control this ship as well as if there are some things left to do. In the meanwhile you guys can check your gear and ready yourself for battle." With that he walked over to the steering wheel and checked the UI on how to move and control the freaking ship...

Hydra raised his head to Khrysaor's voice. "Ah hey there." He said tilting his head to one side and letting out a yawn. For a moment the spearman listened to his friend, Khry seemed concerned over his personal well being. "No no I am fine." Hydra continued to ramble, waving his hand in a swirling pattern. Apparently, Ryu wasn't going to make it to the event either, meaning it was just he and Khry left now. Hydra had also been promoted to Captain of the 'Sunny-Go' "I will try not to get us killed." He came out with a meek laugh, he recalled the time he had tried to drive a canoe and ended up capsized in the middle of a lake. To drive a ship was a whole new ordeal. As the NPC lady began suggesting new group formations it rested Hydra's nerves a little. He wasn't sure he was suited to being a captain, having his friends life in his hand. If push came to shove they would high-tail it out of there before things got properly under way. Or alternatively, maybe someone amongst the other players would step up to become captain. 

@Khrysaor

Edited by Hydra

Jonathan stood gazing over the water when he heard Selina speak. She was requesting him to move over to another ship. With a sigh he nodded and deboarded the ship passing Mack as he went. He was the first to arrive on the ship, meaning there was absolutely no reason that he was the one to leave. He walked over on the wood planks until he reached his new assigned boat, controlled by @Aereth"Permission to come aboard, captain?" He gave the man a grin and walked aboard, knowing the answer already. As he walked on, a man covered in dark black armor greeted him. Jonathan smiled. The man's voice seemed familiar, but he could not put a finger on it. "Greetings, the name is Jonathan." He checked his equipment once again and smiled. It looked like the crews were all about to head out. "Alright, let's get this show on the road!" He looked over to Aereth. 'This would be a good time to see what the man is capable of. I might bring today up as he reaches the want for sentinel. I will know his leadership skills.' 

OOC: Joined Aereth's team

The center of the lake stirred! A massive creature tossed and turned, hunting aquatic wildlife. Its two massive heads gulping impressive amounts of water alongside with countless water creatures. They were the king of this lake, feeble human creatures tried to dispose of them via improvised raft but soon found out that their shell was thicker than any known armor. Their dull weapons shattered at contact with their chitinous backside, their rafts breaking at the slightest movement the king graciously made. It was completely oblivious to the plans that a little pink-headed girl has made ashore. At the moment, it indulged in the sweet taste of the hunt it just caught. A massive meal worthy of a king. It let out a loud 'gurrrrrrrr' sound, pleased with itself; the sound could be heard even ashore where the docs are, by people with a trained ear.

Event Boss Information:
<<Biceps Archelon>>: an ancient, two-headed turtle that is twenty metres in length and is armored with a thick, dark, gleaming shell that makes its sides virtually invulnerable, leaving only its heads and abdomen unprotected.

Spoiler

rLhzQIa.png

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 5,500/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

Abilities:

• Slow response: Due to the fact that the players launch a surprise attack on it, the event boss won't attack back the first full rotation. Ships can attack it one after another.
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>

Ship buff/debuffs: 

• Close Quarters Combat: Players won't auto-miss on a natural BD of 1. Players cannot use their <Charge> sword skill but can still use its mod.
  • First departure: Ships start outside battle range, so captains must use 'Attack' as their first action to participate in the battle. 

Captain's Actions:
(Captains can't attack directly but can use items on their respective crew members)

Spoiler

Attack: A 'Attack' action brings the ship into fighting range using a charge attack. Captains with ships that have the 'Extra Feature' enabled, charge their vessel towards mob; hitting it with the 'Fire Bear Ram' attached to their ship's underwater bow; this deals (250 + Active Crew nr.*105), to its submerged abdomen. Ships without the 'Extra Feature' still charge but it will only deal (Active Crew nr.*105) normal damage by ramming the bow into its body. This action has a 2 post Cooldown.(Attack-Post1-Post2-Attack-etc.) and generates 3 Hate.

Retreat: By using this action, Captains can pull their ship out of the immediate vicinity of the Event Boss. This renders the rest of the crew unable to attack the mob and therefore can be skipped post-wise or use the opportunity to heal themselves. The vessel can still be targeted by AoE II abilities. A captain must 'Retreat' twice in a row, in order to be partially immune to its attacks. Using 'Retreat' three times consecutively removes the ship and all its crew members from the thread/event.
 If a Captain uses the 'Retreat' action after an 'Attack', the Cooldown resets and 'Attack' can be used in the following post. (Attack-Retreat-Attack-etc.)

Stand-by: This action can permit a ship to remain close to the event boss after an 'Attack' action, permitting the rest of the crew to continue attacking the boss; permits a vessel to maintain their position after a 'Retreat' action, either within a AoE II attack's range or out of it.

Notes:

• Players won't gain individual hate but add through their actions (attack/critical hit/mods/<Howl> etc.) to the ship's collective hate.
  • If a Captain chooses to use the 'Retreat' action, that ship's whole crew is skipped battle stats-wise but the crew members can still post once before their turn in battle, in no particular order; example: to express their agreement or disagreement with their captain's decission (IC wise), use/trade items, etc. 
  • Once the battle has started, players can use/trade items only on/with their own crew members. Only Banners and crystals can be used on other crews.
  • A ship's HP cannot be replenished, when its HP gauge goes lower or equal then zero, it renders the ship inmoble. Its crew receives full damage (that would be dealt normally to the ship) on the boss' next turns. Its members can either wait until the fight is over (on the ship, vulnerable to attacks) or jump into the water(in one post) and leave the thread by swimming to the shore(in the next one); Post order doesn't apply to members in immovable ships but they can't double post.  
  • A crew member can leave its ship by jumping in the water(in one post) and swimming ashore or towards another ship (in the next one). The respective ship's captain has to agree for the player to resume battle as part of his crew. (This can be done through an out of battle order post.)

Combat rotation:
(Each crew has 72h/3 days, to reply before being skipped. Refer to the Boss Combat Rotation Guide for more info.)

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:0] Icebreaker: 1086/1086 HP - 165 Mit

• Selina:  600/ 600 HP -  60/60  EN -  89 Mit - 28 Thorns [Captain]
  • Ariel:  1215/1215 HP - 120/120 EN -  75 Mit
  • Baldur: 1015/1015 HP - 100/100 EN -  68 Mit (Safeguard)
  • Beat:    500/500  HP -  50/50  EN -   0 Mit
  • Mack:   1090/1090 HP - 106/106 EN -  84 Mit
  • Sey:     800/800  HP -  80/80  EN -  57 Mit
  • Vale:    180/180  HP -  18/18  EN -  27 Mit 

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:0] HMS Bluebird: 2850/2850 HP - 150 Mit

• Aereth:  600/600 HP - 60/60 EN -   0 Mit [Captain]
  • Domarus: 540/540 HP - 54/54 EN -  81 Mit - 24 Thorns
  • Evander: 360/360 HP - 36/36 EN -  12 Mit -  7 Thorns
  • Morgen:  840/840 HP - 82/82 EN - 124 Mit
    (sten)
  • Shield:  580/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 96 Mit - 28 Thorns

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:0] Sea Dragon: 3310/3310 HP - 530 Mit

• Zandra:  1335/1335 HP - 132/132 EN - 0 Mit [Captain
  • Beatbox: 1075/1075 HP - 106/106 EN - 84 Mit
  • Itzal:   1060/1060 HP - 106/106 EN -  3 Mit 
  • Hakai:    740/740  HP -  72/72  EN - 66 Mit
  • Hikoru:  1175/1175 HP - 116/116 EN - 66 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:0] Sunny Go: 100/100 HP - 125 Mit

• Hydra:    755/755 HP - 74/74 EN - 66 Mit [Captain
  • Khrysaor: 580/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 85 Mit

OOC: Please check if your stats are correct, edit if necessary.

More or less, people distributed themselves according to her suggestion. Things were going smoothly, taking one last look towards the center of the lake, she could've swore that it heard the beast's call or something among those lines. She stood up, and prepared her gear... this time equipping her trusty pink colored shield with a flower in the center. She took a deep breath and shouted, as to be heard by all present people. "Okay people! Time to go hunting!" she said with an excited smile that would've make one doubt if she was really a mere NPC created by the Cardinal system. 

Boarding her ship, she nodded to her crew and took the helm. "Okay you greenhorns! Hold tight! Its going to be a bumpy ride so hold your breakfast inside. If you dirty my deck, I'll make you lick it clean again!" with a hard wheel spin, the ship's sails dropped down the mast and the pink colored vessel started moving. It didn't take long until it picked up some speed and continued to do so at a rapid rate.

Soon enough, a massive island-like object would come into her crewmen's view. It stood still, showing no sign of spotting them yet so Selina kept increasing the ship's speed saying: "We're not stopping mateys. All hands! Brace yourselves for impact!" Underneath the ship, the Fire Bear Ram would gain a golden glow and ten seconds after the pink captain's orders, the whole ship shook... ramming itself into the lethargic turtle's body with incredible force.

Recovering herself from impact, Selina looked around and showed a thumbs up to @Mack "Take it from here XO! All hands... ATTACK! "

Upon boarding their respective ships, the captains would receive a small 'Tutorial' of how to steer a ship. The process was very simple: they could either analog steer the ship using the steering wheel OR just stand by the wheel and point towards where they wanted to go.

As the rest of the players saw the Icebreaker depart, in front of each captain a notification window would appear:

yyghGzy.png

< <Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

Abilities:

• Slow response: Due to the fact that the players launch a surprise attack on it, the event boss won't attack back the first full rotation. Ships can attack it one after another.
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>

Ship buff/debuffs: 

• Close Quarters Combat: Players won't auto-miss on a natural BD of 1. Players cannot use their <Charge> sword skill but can still use its mod.
  • First departure: Ships start outside battle range, so captains must use 'Attack' as their first action to participate in the battle. 

Captain's Actions:
(Captains can't attack directly but can use items on their respective crew members)

Hide contents

Attack: A 'Attack' action brings the ship into fighting range using a charge attack. Captains with ships that have the 'Extra Feature' enabled, charge their vessel towards mob; hitting it with the 'Fire Bear Ram' attached to their ship's underwater bow; this deals (250 + Active Crew nr.*105), to its submerged abdomen. Ships without the 'Extra Feature' still charge but it will only deal (Active Crew nr.*105) normal damage by ramming the bow into its body. 
This action has a 2 post Cooldown.(Attack-Post1-Post2-Attack-etc.) and generates 3 Hate.

Retreat: By using this action, Captains can pull their ship out of the immediate vicinity of the Event Boss. This renders the rest of the crew unable to attack the mob and therefore can be skipped post-wise or use the opportunity to heal themselves. The vessel can still be targeted by AoE II abilities. A captain must 'Retreat' twice in a row, in order to be partially immune to its attacks. Using 'Retreat' three times consecutively removes the ship and all its crew members from the thread/event.
 If a Captain uses the 'Retreat' action after an 'Attack', the Cooldown resets and 'Attack' can be used in the following post. (Attack-Retreat-Attack-etc.)

Stand-by: This action can permit a ship to remain close to the event boss after an 'Attack' action, permitting the rest of the crew to continue attacking the boss; permits a vessel to maintain their position after a 'Retreat' action, either within a AoE II attack's range or out of it.

Notes:

• Players won't gain individual hate but add through their actions (attack/critical hit/mods/<Howl> etc.) to the ship's collective hate.
  • If a Captain chooses to use the 'Retreat' action, that ship's whole crew is skipped battle stats-wise but the crew members can still post once before their turn in battle, in no particular order; example: to express their agreement or disagreement with their captain's decission (IC wise), use/trade items, etc. 
  • Once the battle has started, players can use/trade items only on/with their own crew members. Only Banners and crystals can be used on other crews.
  • A ship's HP cannot be replenished, when its HP gauge goes lower or equal then zero, it renders the ship inmoble. Its crew receives full damage (that would be dealt normally to the ship) on the boss' next turns. Its members can either wait until the fight is over (on the ship, vulnerable to attacks) or jump into the water(in one post) and leave the thread by swimming to the shore(in the next one); Post order doesn't apply to members in immovable ships but they can't double post.  
  • A crew member can leave its ship by jumping in the water(in one post) and swimming ashore or towards another ship (in the next one). The respective ship's captain has to agree for the player to resume battle as part of his crew. (This can be done through an out of battle order post.)

Combat rotation: 
(Each crew has 72h/3 days, to reply before being skipped. Refer to the Boss Combat Rotation Guide for more info.)

Hide contents

Selina used the "Attack" action.
Damage: 900 (250+105*7-85)

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 4,600/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

[H:3] Icebreaker: 1086/1086 HP - 165 Mit

• Selina:  600/ 600 HP -  60/60  EN -  89 Mit - 28 Thorns [Captain]
  • Ariel:  1215/1215 HP - 120/120 EN -  75 Mit
  • Baldur: 1015/1015 HP - 100/100 EN -  68 Mit (Safeguard)
  • Beat:    500/500  HP -  50/50  EN -   0 Mit
  • Mack:   1090/1090 HP - 106/106 EN -  84 Mit
  • Sey:     800/800  HP -  80/80  EN -  57 Mit
  • Vale:    180/180  HP -  18/18  EN -  27 Mit 

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:0] HMS Bluebird: 2850/2850 HP - 150 Mit

• Aereth:  600/600 HP - 60/60 EN -   0 Mit [Captain]
  • Domarus: 540/540 HP - 54/54 EN -  81 Mit - 24 Thorns
  • Evander: 360/360 HP - 36/36 EN -  12 Mit -  7 Thorns
  • Morgen:  840/840 HP - 82/82 EN - 124 Mit
    (sten)
  • Shield:  580/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 96 Mit - 28 Thorns

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:0] Sea Dragon: 3310/3310 HP - 530 Mit

• Zandra:  1335/1335 HP - 132/132 EN - 0 Mit [Captain
  • Beatbox: 1075/1075 HP - 106/106 EN - 84 Mit
  • Itzal:   1060/1060 HP - 106/106 EN -  3 Mit 
  • Hakai:    740/740  HP -  72/72  EN - 66 Mit
  • Hikoru:  1175/1175 HP - 116/116 EN - 66 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:0] Sunny Go: 100/100 HP - 125 Mit

• Hydra:    755/755 HP - 74/74 EN - 66 Mit [Captain
  • Khrysaor: 580/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 85 Mit

Ariel's right eyebrow involuntarily twitch when the little spear wielder adressed her with 'blondie'. A similar memory from a few months before, with a similarly small kid that needed to be put in his place, recurred to her. She was about to let out some undignifying complains towards their leader's attitude but sighted while listening to Zandra. "Pink isn't really my color." she silently protested under her breath, next nodding to Zandra's plan B.  At her last comment about the true true king of the sea, she showed out a smirk and claimed pridefully: "Yeah, the sea Lion!" With a wave she turned around and headed towards her designated vessel.

While the viking design made it appealing, the overused pink and derivating colors was a huge turn down for the blonde. Nonetheless, she had a wide grin on her face as she spotted Kimba trying to make herself unseen behind the docks. "No no no little kitten! You're part of this crew as much as I am! C'mon, get aboard or I won't give you any food for 2 days." she said while beckoning her white furred familiar that, like all felines, had a problem with water. Kimba complied while parting from the little menagerie. At least she would get to fool around with Chewie some more on the ship and hopefully not get thrown overboard in the process.

On board she spotted her party members, or better said fellow 'crew members'. Knowing all of them, she nodded to each of them, grinning at @Mack. "No hard feelings from last time, k?" Finishing her 'Spiked Soda' she looked @Sey and muttered. "Some rum would've been more fitting for this event, no?" She was about to interact with more people but Their fearless captain put the ship into motion, making her lose balance momentarily. She shot her a mean glare as she listened, a bit ashamed that she had to grab the ship's mast in order to now fall down.

Soon enough, she would see a mound in the middle of the water desert and notice that their captain was increasing speed. Wanting to be among the first to attack the giant turtle, she dashed towards the prow and hold tight to the railing. "This thing is HUGE!" she shouted several seconds before the ship violently rammed into it. It took Ariel a few good seconds to recover from the impact and parallel to Selina's orders, she grabbed hold of her obsidian colored spear and tried to charge but failed. The distance between the ship and the turtle wouldn't allow for the extra damage boost to manifest. The blonde lightly cursed and ferociously attacked the beast without it, unleashing the most powerful sword art under the two handed assault spear's repertoire.

< <Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

Abilities:

• <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>

Ship buff/debuffs: 

Captain's Actions:

Hide contents

Attack: A 'Attack' action brings the ship into fighting range using a charge attack. Captains with ships that have the 'Extra Feature' enabled, charge their vessel towards mob; hitting it with the 'Fire Bear Ram' attached to their ship's underwater bow; this deals (250 + Active Crew nr.*105), to its submerged abdomen. Ships without the 'Extra Feature' still charge but it will only deal (Active Crew nr.*105) normal damage by ramming the bow into its body. 
This action has a 2 post Cooldown.(Attack-Post1-Post2-Attack-etc.) and generates 3 Hate.

Notes:

• If a Captain chooses to use the 'Retreat' action, that ship's whole crew is skipped battle stats-wise but the crew members can still post once before their turn in battle, in no particular order; example: to express their agreement or disagreement with their captain's decission (IC wise), use/trade items, etc. 

Combat rotation: 
(Each crew has 72h/3 days, to reply before being skipped. Refer to the Boss Combat Rotation Guide for more info.)

Hide contents

ID# 78195  BD: 7 (non-crit)
Sword Art: 
(17) Dimension Stampede - 5x3*[29+1(R5 Ferocity)+1(Baldur's Banner)]= 465 Raw Damage - 85 Mit = 380 Damage 

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 4,220/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

[H:5] Icebreaker: 1086/1086 HP - 165 Mit

• Beat:    500/500  HP -  50/50  EN -   0 Mit
  • Mack:   1090/1090 HP - 106/106 EN -  84 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Baldur frowned slightly when Selina had told him to try and join another ship in order to balance the crews, and he was torn. Battling on water made him nervous. Not that he had a problem with water, but that the calibur of the vessel was as important as the calibur of the crew. He went with the biggest ship, because he felt that its sturdiness would be the best bet for him to be effective and survive this fight, while the NPC captain was likely to have the most reliable programming. He didn't relish the idea of putting himself on a ship of unknown quality with an unknown captain in a first of its kind fight.

The problem was solved before he had decided on his action though. He was not against going to help out younger players, and her words made sense to him, but he was still balancing the pros and cons of the decision when the ship lurched into motion.

He cast his steel blue eyed glance back at the odd looking ship and resolved that he should keep an eye on them and grabbed onto some rigging as the ship cut out into the water. The captain seemed dead set on making ramming motion as their opening maneuver. It would certainly cut down on time, and usually these boss fights were over barely after they began.

But before Baldur could knock on wood to counter the jinx he had just given himself, they impacted the giant turtle monster. The rigging held, but his feet didn't and Baldur was lifted off of the ground for a moment as the ship came to a halt. Once he had his feet under him, he realized that the blond of the ship was Ariel... He didn't have time to ask about her new look, so he rushed towards the turtle. He didn't trust his charge, as he didn't want to end up in the gap between the ship and the turtle, so instead he just launched himself at the creature with his <<San Ge>> sword art.

The slash bit heavily into <<Biceps Archelon>> and though he wasn't buffed as much as he normally was, the <<Muramasa>> sent our ribbons of dark red light as the cursed blade bit into the monster.

Captain's Actions:

Hide contents

Notes:

Combat rotation: 

Hide contents

ID# 78215  BD: 7+3=10 (hit)

Sword Art: <<San Ge>> 18 (Base) x 14 = 252 raw - 85 Mit = 167 Damage 

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 4,053/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

• Baldur: 1015/1015 HP -  86/100 EN -  68 Mit (Safeguard)
  • @Beat:    500/500  HP -  50/50  EN -   0 Mit
  • @Mack:   1090/1090 HP - 106/106 EN -  84 Mit
  • @Sey:     800/800  HP -  80/80  EN -  57 Mit
  • @Vale:    180/180  HP -  18/18  EN -  27 Mit 

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:0] Sunny Go: 1000/1000 HP - 125 Mit

Beat struggled to keep his footing at the boat rocked on the water. His sea legs were practically non-existent, so when the ship rammed into the beast, he was thrown towards the front of the ship, saved from a mid-day salt water bath by the railing that lines the deck of the ship. Beat rubbed the spot where his head had collided with the railing as he stood up, taking a deep breath and doing his best to relax his ankles and hips to allow his lower body to adapt to the movements of the ship more easily. 

Come on Beat! Get it together!

With his efforts bearing some fruit, though his footing wasn't yet perfect, he managed to remain stable enough to asses their target. As a martial artist, he knew he would have to time his attack well if he wanted to avoid falling into the water. He watched as the creature moved, timing his strike carefully, and leaped towards it with a shining fist. 

"ORAAAA!!"

His fist found purchase, leaving a large red mark to indicate the damage it had taken. Beat quickly kicked off of the creature before gravity could pull him down. He flew back towards the ship, landing next to Ariel. He smiled that his damage could at least be compared to some of the higher level player's damage, though certainly not the blonde warrior's.

Not yet anyways....

Captain's Actions:

Hide contents

Notes:

Combat rotation: 
(Each crew has 72h/3 days, to reply before being skipped. Refer to the Boss Combat Rotation Guide for more info.

Spoiler

ID# 78279: BD: 11(7+3+1)

All Might - 15x1 - Dmg: 14 * 15 = 210 - 85 = 125

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 4,095/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

• Beat:    500/500  HP -  33/50  EN -   0 Mit
  • @Mack:  1090/1090 HP - 106/106 EN -  84 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Edited by Beat

Vale watched as the girl noticable compared her assets to Vale's, looking down at her attire she knew that visuals would be cast over her. But having another woman compare themselves to her, and seeing the girl give a slightly upset sigh. Vale felt the obvious concern that came from the Pink Armored woman. Immediately Vale knew that this was a royal mistake she had gotten herself into if the NPC characters were worried about her, 'That's right, this world doesn't work much the same way as the real world. I should have remembered that, I am really bad at this video game logics.' Vale thought to herself. But the girl decided to remove two potions from her pouch on her side and gave them both to Vale.

Vale tapped the potions to see what exactly they were and to her surprise, much like how Mr. Tealeaf had given her potions to protect her from a monster deep in the cave. The Pinkette had done much the same, Vale bowed graciously to the girl, "I appreciate the concern and sentiment greatly. I'll try to be of some sort of assistance as I can for you and the crew you run Milady." The Kittygirl tried to keep as much pride and respect in her voice when talking to the captain of the ship she would ultimately be riding upon. As Vale turned to walk to the ship she took this time to drink the potion she was given so she would be protected for the battle.

Vale watched as the others boarded the ship, in their various attires. She recalled one girl by face looking familiar, if Vale was correct it was the girl that had made the armor she was wearing. And the giant of a man that created her gauntlets were here. She would get to watch the crafters of her most beloved items fight in the frontlines. Vale used the Claws she was given to pull her way up the mast and into a safe spot which was scouts post. The girl scanned the massive turtle that they were heading towards, "Oh no... She is going to ram that thing head long." Vale stated out in worry, At that moment the ship crashed headlong into the turtle. Vale gripped tightly with her sharp claws to keep her from moving a lot. Then the true action started on the ship she resided on.

Captain's Actions:

Hide contents

Notes:

Combat rotation: 
(Each crew has 72h/3 days, to reply before being skipped. Refer to the Boss Combat Rotation Guide for more info.

Hide contents

[Vale used Safeguard - Post Action used]

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 4,095/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

• @Mack:  1090/1090 HP - 106/106 EN -  84 Mit
  • Vale:    180/180  HP -  18/18  EN -  0 Mit (Safeguard)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Edited by Vale

ID: 78292
BD: 17
SA: Screw Dimension - 13x20 = 260 DMG - 85 = 175 DMG

As the pink viking ship made its way out onto the lake at the head of a small flotilla of vessels Mack began to ready himself for the combat to come. His grey eyes scanned the horizon from the ship's bow, keeping a weather eye out for the boss and generally ignoring anything else that was directed at him, not noticing when Chewie came scampering aboard with a giant drumstick clutched in his teeth. The cub started looking around for a spot to hide, spotted Kimba, and made a beeline in the opposite direction. The shifty lioness had a habit of pinning the brawny bear. If she pinned him she would take his drumstick and eat it. Then Chewie would have no drumstick. Everyone knew that.

The grizzly cub when haring over to his master and slammed into the ginger man's armored legs. For a startled half second the axe man looked around until he realized that what had hit him was Chewie and that the bear was trying to resolutely wedge itself between his legs and the hull of the ship. Sighing, Mack grabbed the bear by the scruff of the neck and lifted it up to face height. "Where did you get that," he demanded, one eye watching the water and the other trying to take the drumstick away from Chewie. The cub growled and gave his master a look that said he had not stolen the food. Then Chewie made a crude one toed gesture with both of his front paws in the blacksmith's face and took a swipe at the grasping hand.

"If Ssendom wasn't already dead, I'd kill him," Mack muttered, glowering at the bear.

"If you don't want me to take that from you, or Kimba, it looks like you've only got one option," the soldier said, giving a pointed look in the direction of the ship's mast as Vale scaled her way to the top of it. The grizzly repeated the one toed gesture and scampered away for the mast as soon as Mack set him down. In a flash, the bear had shimmied to the top of the mast until he was nose to nose with Vale, the drumstick still clutched in his teeth. But, now that he was up here there was no way to hold the drumstick while he ate it while still holding onto the mast with his claws. If he took a bite, the treat would fall into the water. If he let go of the mast to hold the drumstick, then the bear would fall into the water.

Master thought he was so funny, but he wasn't.

Down below, on deck, the battle with the monster had begun. "Alright," the Vice Commander barked, his voice cutting through the din of the commencing combat. "To the rail, one at a time," the axe man snapped, taking up his position and twirling Invictus above his head before slamming the axe into the gigantic turtle. As he completed his attack he craned his head around in Vale's direction. The woman had come into his shop before to get some gear, but she had never given him her name.

"HEY! FRISKY WHISKERS! HOW DO THINGS LOOK FROM UP THERE," the Executive Officer bellowed, his voice booming across the distance loud enough to not only be heard by Vale at the top of the mast but also by every player on the other ships as well.

Battle Order:

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 3,920/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

• Mack:  1090/1090 HP - 96/106 EN -  84 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

"Seems like I'll close it off!" The snow-haired player would announce as he braced his spear. Everyone landed the hits, so it would have been unfortunate if he were to somehow miss the target that was as large as it was. And fortunately, when he approached it, he knew that it was a successful strike. Due to the massive size, missing would have just been the result of an unfortunate amount of accuracy... And even then, he still had his doubts. The tip of the steel weaponry would slash across the boss monster, inflicting a moderate amount of damage before he leaped upwards to continue, scratching the enemy a few times with a few side slashes before going to the final strike and cutting through in the middle. The damage was not that impressive, but at least he was able to cause some form of impact on it. This battle was going to have some time-consumption if things moved at this rate. Once he landed on board the ship once again, he would leap back with a calm yet confident grin.

ID: 78302

Battle: 3 + 3 ACC + 5 (-5 EVA) = 11
SA: Merciless Flurry - 12x1 - (13 Energy) - A high-end sword art that strikes the target with a flurry of rapid thrusts.
Dmg: 12 x 12 x 1 = 144 Raw - 85 Mit = 59 Dmg

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 3,861/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

• Sey:     800/800  HP -  67/80  EN -  57 Mit

<<@Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Edited by Sey

The king enjoyed its lethargic state, both its head thinking that a nap was in order after such a feast. Its massive body swayed from left to right a bit, trying to lull itself to sleep in the water. It continued to act oblivious of the fact that the ships being made a while back and now were lead by a mighty girl in pink towards it. The king's thoughts were already at the next meal that they'll enjoy. Out of the blue, while pondering at the different fish species they had seen throughout their time and trying to decide which was more delicious, something smashed against its thick carcase with an apparent violent force. But the king of the lake didn't even bother to check it as they didn't like to exercise much after a meal. It continued thinking about the abundance of sea life available in this lake.

< <Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

Abilities:

• Stun/Paralyze/Freeze Immunity.
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>

Ship buff/debuffs: 

Captain's Actions:

Hide contents

Notes:

Battle order:

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP:3,694/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

[H:10] Icebreaker: 1086/1086 HP - 165 Mit

• Ariel:  1215/1215 HP - 103/120 EN -  75 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Damage and Hate have been updated to the correct values.

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Just as Jonathan entered the ship, the small tutorial for the control of the ship popped up in front of Aereth. It was quite easy. Just control it with the steering wheel, or simply point into the direction where you want it to go. Dismissing tutorial Aereth turned back to his crew. "So guys. Are you ready to take care of this monster? If so, let's do it." he told them, and simultaneously let the sails drop down the masts. 

Selina's ship had started just a few moments earlier and thus reached the boss first. Aereth and his crew were just a few ship-lengths behind them, but Aereth didn't want to get too close to Selinas ship, so that they had enough space to attack the huge turtle. They did quite an amount of damage to it, but now it was time for the HMS Bluebird to get into some action. "Ready yourself for the impact." Aereth yelled and activated the Fire Bear Ram. The ships speed increased further, until it hit the turtle with a loud thud. 

The impact shook the whole ship, and Aereth did his best not to loose hold of the steering wheel. The turtle took a huge chunk of damage and Aereth yelled once more. "Let's gooooo. Attack." drawing his sword with his free hand and pointing at the turtle. Even though he couldn't participate at the actual combat, he still could try and motivate them as good as he could...

Abilities:

• Stun/Paralyze/Freeze Immunity.
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>

Ship buff/debuffs: 

Captain's Actions:

Hide contents

Notes:

Hide contents

Aereth used the "Attack" option.
Damage: 690 DMG (250 + 5*105)-85

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP:3,171/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:3] HMS Bluebird: 2850/2850 HP - 150 Mit

• @Domarus: 540/540 HP - 54/54 EN -  81 Mit - 24 Thorns
  • @Evander: 360/360 HP - 36/36 EN -  12 Mit -  7 Thorns
  • @Morgenstern:  840/840 HP - 82/82 EN - 124 Mit
    (sten)
  • @Shield:  580/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 96 Mit - 28 Thorns

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Forgoing Action

As the event began, a giant turtle creature arose out of the water. It did not seem to notice them yet, but its massive size kind of worried Jonathan a little bit. He watched as Selian's ship began to sail straight at the turtle. Its giant rm seemed to deal massive damage to the turtle. Jonathan looked over to Aereth who had taken control of the ship's wheel. "Alright Aereth, bring us in full speed. That turtle is not going to know what hit him!" Aereth pointed his sword at the turtle and their ship increased speed. The blond laughed as the wind caught in his hair. As they neared he yelled to the crew, "Embrace for impact!" From there he clutched the side of the ship and their ship crashed into the turtle. He pulled out his weapon his eyes searching for @Shield. Fianlly finding him, he raced forward and told him, Do NOT howl! The turtle is attacking ships not players, allow the bigger ship to earn the hate. It probably has the most health and mitigation, the best scout n the game helped find its materials." He turned his attention away from the man and raised his shield. If he could prevent damage from hitting this ship, he would try the best he could. 

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP:3,171/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:3] HMS Bluebird: 2850/2850 HP - 150 Mit

• Morgenstern
  • :  840/840 HP - 82/82 EN - 124 Mit
    (sten)
  • @Shield:  580/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 96 Mit - 28 Thorns

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:0] Sunny Go: 1000/1000 HP - 125 Mit

Combat action: Basic Attack

ID# 78334 results: Battle: 8 + 5 = 13 - Hit! 3 dmg - 85 mit = 1 dmg, Bleed - 24 dmg (Remaining turns: 2)

Despite having experience keeping balance on the water, Shield had never stood the impact of a collision in the process. He clung to the nearest rail for support, but even with his firm grip, he barely kept his feet. His untidy brown mat of hair was flung into his face, and he was forced down to one knee. By the time he had steadied himself enough to move his tangled locks out of his eyes, Jonathan was right there in his face with his stern warning.

"Got it," Shield replied, his jaw set as he turned to face the twin-headed turtle that eclipsed the rest of the world from view.

He knew his damage was paltry, and without his usual defensive actions to pull aggro, that left him very little he could do to contribute. He could, however, probe for more information. The boss already had several immunities. One that was not yet explicitly determined, however, was bleed. This is where his trust axe, Bloody Hell, would hopefully come into play.

Watching his footing on the now spray-soaked deck, he took a few precise, carefully gauged steps to the edge of the bow before taking a quick, upward slash with his axe. The health gauge for his target did not budge, at least not visibly so. However, he knew the feel of the axe, and with the snag of the creature's thick skin, he knew that on a normal foe, that attack would trigger the effect he had hoped for. He shrank back, opening up space for his crew mates to attack without hindrance as he watched the glowing crimson gash to see if it would close or remain open to bleed in earnest.

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP3,170/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:4] HMS Bluebird: 2850/2850 HP - 150 Mit

(sten)
  • Shield:  580/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 96 Mit - 54 Regen - 28 Thorns - 24 Bleed (BD 8+)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

OOC: Please check if your stats are correct, edit if necessary

Domarus watched as the ship finally set sail.  As they made their way to the area specified, Domarus made an observation.  Due to the fact that he had not yet been on an actual boat he was not accustomed to the balance on the ship.  Especially with the heavy armor he was wearing.  Still it was only a matter of time before he would adjust to the movement of the boat, even if it might take a while.  That's when the boss emerged from the waters.  The monster was in fact a giant turtle.  High mitigation, health or both.  After it was in view the captains began to make their move, charging their boats into the beast so that players had the room to strike it.  He watched the first boat where the blonde woman was and saw her try to charge at the monster.  The boss's health was nearly two thousand health down by the time the next boat was up.  Their boat.  Aereth steered the ship into the beast and Domarus slid upon the impact but not more than that.  He watched as Morgenstern called out to Shield not to howl since the ships seemed to be the ones to take the hits.  Domarus was the main damage dealer of this boat so he drew his ax.  He rushed to the front of the ship, moving past the two tanks and Evander, and released Explode Catapult upon the giant boss, ripping through it's armor and dealing damage to the boss, dropping it's health down below three thousand health points.  It wasn't nearly as much damage as he wished to deal, but that sort of raw damage would come at a later time.  For now Domarus had to do what he could.  He looked at Evander, the glowing red visor flashing for a second as he nodded to the player to go and attack.

Spoiler

ID#  78336  BD:  2+3+5=10 -noncrit-  CD:  4  Sword art Used:  Explode Catapult  x2x7  -28 EN

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 3,059/5,500 Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

14x2x7-85=111 dmg

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:4] HMS Bluebird: 2850/2850 HP - 150 Mit

• Domarus: 540/540 HP - 53/54 EN -  81 Mit - 24 Thorns
    (sten)
  • Shield:  580/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 96 Mit - 54 Regen - 28 Thorns - 24 Bleed (BD 8+)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

OOC: Please check if your stats are correct, edit if necessary