[EVENT -F18] Rovian Wars! Part II

Evander waved at Domarus as he came closer, clad in a new armor. His dragon seemed to be staring at him, and he waved at it. Rhozarth was a nice name. Then, a player, Aereth, came up to them and invited them to be put on his ship, since his crew didn't really show up. So, the two of them were to be placed on Aereth's ship, huh? That sounded alright. Safety in numbers and all, especially since Teayre wasn't here. Evander nodded to Domarus. He was lucky that Aereth had been kind enough to let them on his ship, and he needed to repay it somehow. He knew that he wouldn't be able to do much damage at all to the monster, but he would at least try his hardest. The ships set sail, and they approached the center of the lake. Selina's ship crashed into the sluggish turtle-like monster first, and their ship came shortly after. Evander stumbled a bit as the ship came crashing full force into the giant turtle, er, thing, he was pretty sure they didn't have two heads in real life, and held up his sword in preparation for an attack. He stood back, letting his teammates charge up first, before charging in to attack the beast himself. He prayed he wouldn't horribly embarrass himself. Evander gripped his blade a bit tighter. Perhaps it was time to try out a new sword art he'd managed to learn. The name itself already sounded pretty cool, so he was sure <System Assist> would make it really cool as well. "<Lightning Fall>!" His sword began to glow, and he followed through with the system guidance to jump and backflip in the air, before landing and causing a wave of electricity to streak towards the turtle. That had been... honestly, really really cool! It had also probably hurt the thing quite a bit, since electricity and water didn't really go well together. He really felt like a hero now. His hopes were slightly dashed when the health bar barely moved down at all, but he reminded himself that that was to be expected. He was just a low-level player after all.

Spoiler

ID# 78366 results: Battle: 10+5+1=16 -Critical Hit +2-   Sword Art Used: <Lightning Fall> 1x8    8 Energy       

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 3,058/5,500 Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

(6+2(critical))x1x8=64-85(MIT)=1 DMG done   Bleed inflicted, 12 DMG for 2 turns   +2 hate, sorry guys ;_;

[H:5] Icebreaker: 1086/1086 HP - 165 Mit

• Selina:  600/ 600 HP -  60/60  EN -  89 Mit - 28 Thorns [Captain]
  • Ariel:  1215/1215 HP - 120/120 EN -  75 Mit
  • Baldur: 1015/1015 HP - 100/100 EN -  68 Mit (Safeguard)
  • Beat:    500/500  HP -  33/50  EN -   0 Mit
  • Mack:  1090/1090 HP - 96/106 EN -  84 Mit
  • Sey:     800/800  HP -  67/80  EN -  57 Mit
  • Vale:    180/180  HP -  18/18  EN -  0 Mit (Safeguard)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:6] HMS Bluebird: 2850/2850 HP - 150 Mit

• Aereth:  600/600 HP - 60/60 EN -   0 Mit [Captain]
  • Domarus: 540/540 HP - 53/54 EN -  81 Mit - 24 Thorns
  • Evander: 360/360 HP - 28/36 EN -  12 Mit -  7 Thorns
  • Morgen:  840/840 HP - 82/82 EN - 124 Mit
    (sten)
  • Shield:  580/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 96 Mit - 54 Regen - 28 Thorns - 24 Bleed (BD 8+)

<<@Biceps Archelon>>

[H:0] Sea Dragon: 3310/3310 HP - 530 Mit

• Zandra:  1335/1335 HP - 132/132 EN - 0 Mit [Captain
  • Beatbox: 1075/1075 HP - 106/106 EN - 84 Mit
  • Itzal:   1060/1060 HP - 106/106 EN -  3 Mit 
  • Hakai:    740/740  HP -  72/72  EN - 66 Mit
  • Hikoru:  1175/1175 HP - 116/116 EN - 66 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:0] Sunny Go: 100/100 HP - 125 Mit

• Hydra:    755/755 HP - 74/74 EN - 66 Mit [Captain
  • Khrysaor: 580/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 85 Mit

OOC: Please check if your stats are correct, edit if necessary

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More things crash against the turtle's shell and make the king feel uncomfortable. The waters around it would begin to violently move as they would turn to face its attackers. Its eyes eyeing the pink colored ship, in the same time its eye beads changing color from a neutral black to a menacing red. They didn't enjoy being disturbed after a meal, one of the turtle's head directed its attention towards the ship that managed to shave off quite a bit of its hp while the other head focused beyond the mere shape of the vessel, carefully eyeing the players aboard it. Its thought process being just a little more complex than its twin, it determined that not the ship was the culprit for their disturbance but the actual ant like creatures aboard. For now they would not bother itselves the secondary vessel that crashed into them.

< <Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

Abilities:

• Slow response: Due to the fact that the players launch a surprise attack on it, the event boss won't attack back the first full rotation. Ships can attack it one after another.
  • Stun/Paralyze/Freeze Immunity.
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>

Ship buff/debuffs: 

• Close Quarters Combat: Players won't auto-miss on a natural BD of 1. Players cannot use their <Charge> sword skill but can still use its mod.
  • First departure: Ships start outside battle range, so captains must use 'Attack' as their first action to participate in the battle.

Captain's Actions:
(Captains can't attack directly but can use items on their respective crew members)

Hide contents

Attack: A 'Attack' action brings the ship into fighting range using a charge attack. Captains with ships that have the 'Extra Feature' enabled, charge their vessel towards mob; hitting it with the 'Fire Bear Ram' attached to their ship's underwater bow; this deals (250 + Active Crew nr.*105), to its submerged abdomen. Ships without the 'Extra Feature' still charge but it will only deal (Active Crew nr.*105) normal damage by ramming the bow into its body. 
This action has a 2 post Cooldown.(Attack-Post1-Post2-Attack-etc.) and generates 3 Hate.

Retreat: By using this action, Captains can pull their ship out of the immediate vicinity of the Event Boss. This renders the rest of the crew unable to attack the mob and therefore can be skipped post-wise or use the opportunity to heal themselves. The vessel can still be targeted by AoE II abilities. A captain must 'Retreat' twice in a row, in order to be partially immune to its attacks. Using 'Retreat' three times consecutively removes the ship and all its crew members from the thread/event.
 If a Captain uses the 'Retreat' action after an 'Attack', the Cooldown resets and 'Attack' can be used in the following post. (Attack-Retreat-Attack-etc.)

Stand-by: This action can permit a ship to remain close to the event boss after an 'Attack' action, permitting the rest of the crew to continue attacking the boss; permits a vessel to maintain their position after a 'Retreat' action, either within a AoE II attack's range or out of it.

Notes:

• Players won't gain individual hate but add through their actions (attack/critical hit/mods/<Howl> etc.) to the ship's collective hate.
  • If a Captain chooses to use the 'Retreat' action, that ship's whole crew is skipped battle stats-wise but the crew members can still post once before their turn in battle, in no particular order; example: to express their agreement or disagreement with their captain's decission (IC wise), use/trade items, etc. 
  • Once the battle has started, players can use/trade items only on/with their own crew members. Only Banners and crystals can be used on other crews.
  • A ship's HP cannot be replenished, when its HP gauge goes lower or equal then zero, it renders the ship inmoble. Its crew receives full damage (that would be dealt normally to the ship) on the boss' next turns. Its members can either wait until the fight is over (on the ship, vulnerable to attacks) or jump into the water(in one post) and leave the thread by swimming to the shore(in the next one); Post order doesn't apply to members in immovable ships but they can't double post.  
  • A crew member can leave its ship by jumping in the water(in one post) and swimming ashore or towards another ship (in the next one). The respective ship's captain has to agree for the player to resume battle as part of his crew. (This can be done through an out of battle order post.)

Battle Order:
(Each crew has 72h/3 days, to reply before being skipped. Refer to the Boss Combat Rotation Guide for more info.)

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 2,880/5,500 Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5
Bleed: -12 [1/2]

[H:10] Icebreaker: 1086/1086 HP - 165 Mit

• Ariel:  1215/1215 HP - 103/120 EN -  75 Mit
  • Beat:    500/500  HP -  33/50  EN -   0 Mit
  • Mack:  1090/1090 HP - 96/106 EN -  84 Mit
  • Sey:     800/800  HP -  67/80  EN -  57 Mit
  • Vale:    180/180  HP -  18/18  EN -  0 Mit (Safeguard)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

• Domarus: 540/540 HP - 53/54 EN -  81 Mit - 24 Thorns
  • Evander: 360/360 HP - 28/36 EN -  12 Mit -  7 Thorns
    (sten)
  • Shield:  580/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 96 Mit - 54 Regen - 28 Thorns - 24 Bleed (BD 8+)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:0] Sea Dragon: 3310/3310 HP - 530 Mit

• Hakai:    740/740  HP -  72/72  EN - 66 Mit
  • Hikoru:  1175/1175 HP - 116/116 EN - 66 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

I watched the captains and crews to the other ship boarding their boats and prepare to leave the dock. I took a look at my crew, the crew that would follow me and bring this beast down. ‘’Well, we cant let those landlubbers take all the good from us can we?’’ I said to them, the blue and golden Viking helmet slightly to big wiggled a little as I turned around and headed to the ‘Dragon of the sea’. My blue cape was fluttering in the air behind from a fresh breeze coming in from the sea.

I easily borded  the longboat by a jump over the rail. I immediately started swiping thru my inventory and took forth two banners. Both of them I placed on each side of me at the stern where I would stear the ship from. They rose three meters up in the air and each flag was about a meter tall and one and half meter long. The on the left had a big red plus-sign, the typical sign for health and healing in games, on a golden star with deep red background. The other showed the profile of a man with a shield and a sword. He held the sword high like showing what direction to charge with. The man was on a totally black background, except the rising star behind him. When they was stuck on the ship I took a look on them before nodding and seeing the rewst of the crew has boarded the ship.

‘’Okay, are you ready to go get some turtle-beef?’’ I asked as I clicked on the captains menu that had appeared infront of me. It was time. With a single touch, the sail that have been tied to the Yardarm was folded out and a loud floush was herd as the heavy sail got into shape. I saw Zita had left my shoulder and was now sitting at the top of the mast, scout over the sea without blinking. I felt my Swedish vikingblood start to flow as the sail was filled with air and threw the longboat forward.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to inhale the salty sea-air. I felt the rytmical sound of the sturdy stem with the dragon head was plowing thru the waves, sending up a cascade of water. From her position she could see the other ships was quite a way of ahead of her when I spotted the huge sea monester, the two-headed turtle. The beast came closer and closer as the dragon almost flied across the water as it gained speed. ‘’HAHAHA!!!’’ I laughed laoudly. I made a few swipes and glanced at the black banner. It shined in a red colour before turning grey. I saw the crew also getting a short red glow as the banner increased their damage.

‘’Be ready guys. This wont be a smooth break.’’ I screamed to be herd over the splashing sounds from the waves against the sturdy longboat. I made another few swipes and activated one of the ships actions, the attack action. Now the ship was only a hundred meters from the turtle and the distance quikly decreased. Eigthy meters. I saw the crew getting prepeared for the impact. Sixty meters. I took a steady grip myself. Forty meters. Zita left the top of the mast to not tumble forward from the sudden impact. Twenty meters. ''Lets show this tiny lizard the wrath and power of a real dragon!!’’ I screamed. Zero meters. The big Viking ship tackled the turtle, sending out a shokwave. I could both hear and see the planks of the ship bend and almost crack. This was almost to much for the longboat. But was still whole after the impact and I saw the turtle lose a lot of it remaining health. ‘’Charge!!!’’ I shouted to the crew.

< <Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

Abilities:

• Slow response: Due to the fact that the players launch a surprise attack on it, the event boss won't attack back the first full rotation. Ships can attack it one after another.
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>

Ship buff/debuffs: 

• Close Quarters Combat: Players won't auto-miss on a natural BD of 1. Players cannot use their <Charge> sword skill but can still use its mod.
  • First departure: Ships start outside battle range, so captains must use 'Attack' as their first action to participate in the battle. 

Captain's Actions:
(Captains can't attack directly but can use items on their respective crew members)

Spoiler

Attack: A 'Attack' action brings the ship into fighting range using a charge attack. Captains with ships that have the 'Extra Feature' enabled, charge their vessel towards mob; hitting it with the 'Fire Bear Ram' attached to their ship's underwater bow; this deals (250 + Active Crew nr.*105), to its submerged abdomen. Ships without the 'Extra Feature' still charge but it will only deal (Active Crew nr.*105) normal damage by ramming the bow into its body. 
This action has a 2 post Cooldown.(Attack-Post1-Post2-Attack-etc.) and generates 3 Hate.

Retreat: By using this action, Captains can pull their ship out of the immediate vicinity of the Event Boss. This renders the rest of the crew unable to attack the mob and therefore can be skipped post-wise or use the opportunity to heal themselves. The vessel can still be targeted by AoE II abilities. A captain must 'Retreat' twice in a row, in order to be partially immune to its attacks. Using 'Retreat' three times consecutively removes the ship and all its crew members from the thread/event.
 If a Captain uses the 'Retreat' action after an 'Attack', the Cooldown resets and 'Attack' can be used in the following post. (Attack-Retreat-Attack-etc.)

Stand-by: This action can permit a ship to remain close to the event boss after an 'Attack' action, permitting the rest of the crew to continue attacking the boss; permits a vessel to maintain their position after a 'Retreat' action, either within a AoE II attack's range or out of it.

Notes:

• Players won't gain individual hate but add through their actions (attack/critical hit/mods/<Howl> etc.) to the ship's collective hate.
  • If a Captain chooses to use the 'Retreat' action, that ship's whole crew is skipped battle stats-wise but the crew members can still post once before their turn in battle, in no particular order; example: to express their agreement or disagreement with their captain's decission (IC wise), use/trade items, etc. 
  • Once the battle has started, players can use/trade items only on/with their own crew members. Only Banners and crystals can be used on other crews.
  • A ship's HP cannot be replenished, when its HP gauge goes lower or equal then zero, it renders the ship inmoble. Its crew receives full damage (that would be dealt normally to the ship) on the boss' next turns. Its members can either wait until the fight is over (on the ship, vulnerable to attacks) or jump into the water(in one post) and leave the thread by swimming to the shore(in the next one); Post order doesn't apply to members in immovable ships but they can't double post.  
  • A crew member can leave its ship by jumping in the water(in one post) and swimming ashore or towards another ship (in the next one). The respective ship's captain has to agree for the player to resume battle as part of his crew. (This can be done through an out of battle order post.)

Combat rotation: 
(Each crew has 72h/3 days, to reply before being skipped. Refer to the Boss Combat Rotation Guide for more info.)

Spoiler

Zandra used ''Attack action'' 105x5=525+250-85=690 dmg

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 2,368/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

• Beat:    500/500  HP -  50/50  EN -   0 Mit
  • Mack:   1090/1090 HP - 106/106 EN -  84 Mit
  • Sey:     800/800  HP -  80/80  EN -  57 Mit
  • Vale:    180/180  HP -  18/18  EN -  27 Mit 

<<Biceps Archelon>>

• Domarus: 540/540 HP - 54/54 EN -  81 Mit - 24 Thorns
  • Evander: 360/360 HP - 36/36 EN -  12 Mit -  7 Thorns
    (sten)
  • Shield:  580/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 96 Mit - 28 Thorns

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:3] Sea Dragon: 3310/3310 HP - 530 Mit

• @Beatbox: 1075/1075 HP - 106/106 EN - 84 Mit
  • @Itzal:   1060/1060 HP - 106/106 EN -  3 Mit 
  • @Hakai:    740/740  HP -  72/72  EN - 66 Mit
  • @Hikoru:  1175/1175 HP - 116/116 EN - 66 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

OOC: Please check if your stats are correct, edit if necessary.

Soon the ship started to sail, and Hikoru stayed on the boat. There had been some commotion from the players and NPC's as they scrambled to get ready to fight, and soon the ships set sail. Some ships looking a bit... Unique, but he wouldn't complain. He enjoyed the looks of all the ships, but he quite enjoyed his. The Viking ship almost suited him. His cape shimmered and glowed with the water, making him seem almost invisible, but he knew that his face was starting to grow a hue of green. His stomach wasn't taking the ship ride well, and he knew that this was not something for him. He burped and held in what he could, and mentally and physically prepared himself for ramming the giant creature. The boat ceased to move, and he let out a sigh as he stood

"Keep it together..." He muttered to himself as he moved forward, quickly moving from his spot and moving in a flash, slicing and slashing into the large creature as he saw a small chunk of health leave his bar. He smiled as he knew he did a decent job and moved back, knowing that he could very well be hit in his drunken, and slightly seasick, position of being.

ID: 78406

BD: 3+5+3=11 Hit!

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 13x1=13x22 (19+2 Banner+1 Sneak Attack)= 286-85=201 Damage to Big Ol' Biceps!

Abilities:

• <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>

Ship buff/debuffs: 

Captain's Actions:

Spoiler

Notes:

Combat rotation: 

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 2,167/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

• @Itzal:   1060/1060 HP - 106/106 EN -  3 Mit 
  • Hikoru:    1175/1175  HP -  105/116  EN - 66 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Itzal watched as their ship headed towards the surprisingly giant turtle.  He wondered how Norbert was feeling about everyone attacking a distant relative.  The movement of the ship threw him off at first so he closed his eyes and focused on the movement of the ship, memorizing it, and adjusted his body's movement to match.  He opened his eyes and while it wasn't perfect, he felt he was adjusting rather well.  He drew his sword which threw his balance off so he took his time getting used to it.  When Zandra called out to be ready he thought about the ship's speed and how the water would react upon their sudden halt.  He also thought about how the ship would react.  When the impact finally happened it wasn't exactly as he expected but he knew enough to be prepared for it.  Hikoru landed the first hit but...  He didn't seem to be doing well.  Itzal charged forward, understanding now why the assassin from black flag chose to wear this outfit, and released Nova Ascension.  Velnia's lightning touched Itzal's sword and thus sending sparks of electricity from the blade.  When he struck, Velnia shot a bolt of lighting at the same time, the lightning shooting from the one spot to all over the entire boss thanks to the water covering it's body.  His damage was rather pathetic but he managed to land a critical hit, activating paralysis and bleed...  Actually just bleed.  Paralysis had no effect on the beast.  Itzal backflipped off of the shell and back onto the center of the deck and nodded to the others.

ID#  78424  BD:  10  CD:  10

12+2x9-85=41 dmg  Bleed added

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 2,126/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5  <2/2 bleed - 24 dmg when activated>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

• Itzal:   1060/1060 HP - 89/106 EN -  3 Mit 

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Edited by Itzal

Before Beatbox knew it the battle had begun and the ships moved forward to the boss, Beatbox had kept a tight grip as we had moved to fight the boss that lied ahead and we all had struck them with incredible power, Beatbox had heard words coming from the other ship but he did not really care at this point, this was a challenge and he was going to take it... Zandra, Itzal, Hikoru moved forward to hit the boss, Beatbox had looked back to Hakai with a frown and lunged forward using his ultimate sword art meteor break and struck against the boss with a great amount of power bringing its health down some more, he looked up at the boss with an angered look and said out "You're not so tough, like every other boss it seems." he lunged back and looked back to Hakai "Hakai, its your turn to strike, hit em' hard." he smiled.

-----

ID: 78440 - BD: 4+4+5=13 [I hit boiz.]

Sword Art Used: Meteor Break [18*11=198-85=113] 

Abilities:

• <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>

Ship buff/debuffs: 

Captain's Actions:

Hide contents

Notes:

Combat rotation: 

Hide contents

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 1,833/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5 <Bleed 2/2>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:4] Sea Dragon: 3310/3310 HP - 530 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

ID# 78469 results:

Battle: 6 Hit! 224-85=139

Hakai gave Beatbox a blank look before slashing her black and red katana through the skin of the two headed turtle, lacking much of the flair and energy that she usually exhibited. She usually attacked in a frenzy, her muscles tight and coiled, but now she seemed to lack the mental energy. She just seemed very tired. She let out a long sigh as the sword art finished and moved back further into the boat. She sheathed her katana and sat down on the opposite side of the boat from the enemy, looking deep in thought. She had lots of decisions to make, but once she made them things would be much easier for her, at least for a while. She glanced around at the crew of the ship she was on and then back to the boss. She doubted that they would get another chance to hit the thing, unless it had a second phase, which was always possible and even plausible what with it having two heads and all of that.

-----

Abilities:

• <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>

Ship buff/debuffs: 

Captain's Actions:

Notes:

Combat rotation: 

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 1,694/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5 <Bleed 2/2>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:5] Sea Dragon: 3310/3310 HP - 530 Mit

• @Hakai:    740/740  HP -  74/74  EN - 66 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Edited by Hakai

One after another came the small vessels and crashed into the king's thick armor. They managed to wound them pretty well, the two heads bobbed their heads with each ship's hit. They couldn't just ignore them anymore and let out a fierce howl from both its mouths. One released a high-pitched one that would leave a 'piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii' after sound in all the participants ears, even familiar were not safe from this phonic attack that would shatter glass; the other head would let out a heavy howl in a low tone, making the decks underneath the player's feet vibrate violently. Fortunately for the players, the materials from which their ships were crafted were high grade and didn't break under the mere intimidation attempt that the turtle made.

Just a little bit more and its body would fully turn around to face their assailants, the king would show them what happens with people that disturb its post meal nap. 

< <Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

Abilities:

• <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>
  • <To be discovered>

Ship buff/debuffs: 

Captain's Actions:

Hide contents

Notes:

Combat rotation: 

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 1,672/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5
<Bleed 1/2> -24 HP

• Selina:  600/600  HP -  60/60  EN -  89 Mit - 28 Thorns [Captain]
  • Vale:    180/180  HP -  18/18  EN -  27 Mit (Safeguard)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:6] Sea Dragon: 3310/3310 HP - 530 Mit

• Hikoru:  1175/1175 HP - 105/116 EN - 66 Mit
  • Hakai :   740/740  HP -  74/74  EN - 66 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

@Hydra, @Khrysaor.

Hydra stood idly as he watched each ship sail one by one towards the giant sea creature. "I think we're slightly outclassed." He mumbled scratching his head and turning to his first mate @Khrysaor. There ship had no special feature, was one of the smallest about and would probably shatter upon hitting a rock, let alone this monster. Sighing slightly the spearman walked over to the side of the ship, well perhaps 'wobbled' was a better suited word, it indicated his total lack of experience. "Sorry Khry, I don't think I am cut out for this." and then swinging his legs over he prepared to push himself off. "Grr...." The sound of battle echoed from even here, Hydra slowly jerked his head towards the other combatants his eye twitching slightly. He didn't know if it was his head talking or the sea fumes but a sudden change in decision forced him to rush towards the ship's feel and go full speed ahead at the monster. "I can't stand by, if you wish to jump feel free to do so I am going to try and help."

Going full speed ahead Hydra and possibly his first mate, rammed into the beast. The sound of sight of wood splintering off the ship did make the spearman's face go pale for a moment but after a few seconds he managed to steer them away to a safer distance. Whatever this thing was it seemed to be more focused on the other ships, Hydra didn't feel like they had left much of a mark. Still he would need to be cautious in proceeding, after all area of effect was a mechanic in this system.

Action used: Attack 105*2 = 210 - 85 = 125 Damage

Combat rotation: 

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 1,547/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5
Bleed 1/2

• Selina:  600/600  HP -  60/60  EN -  89 Mit - 28 Thorns [Captain]
  • Vale:    180/180  HP -  18/18  EN -  27 Mit (Safeguard)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:6] Sea Dragon: 3310/3310 HP - 530 Mit

• Hikoru:  1175/1175 HP - 105/116 EN - 66 Mit
  • Hakai :   740/740  HP -  74/74  EN - 66 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:3] Sunny Go: 100/100 HP - 125 Mit

The just before the king finished completely turning and facing the fleet that attacked them, a small vessel rammed their shell. It was them when the king could glance them without any kind of restriction. It let out another large twin roar like the one before, first phonically assaulting its assailants all around it. Then with a hateful glare, 2 red eye beads targeting @Selina's pink colored viking boat while the other head looked around them, taking into account all the players on board the different ships. With no warning, cracks begun to appear all over the king's shell and from between them, white and blue lights started flowing out. As each crack grew wider, so the intensity of the lights until it covered all the event mob's massive body, potentially blinding the players that would look directly at it.

After a few moments, that gave birth to a 'mini-nova' like display on the middle of the Rovian lake, the lights enveloping Archelos started to dim. While previously, players had left scratches and potential cracks on its shell from their attacks... all of them dissipated. Replaced with a pristine white shell that had a mirror like shine to it. Along with the visual transformation, players would notice that its previously depleted health bars had been replenished 100%.

The king proudly stood there with its head raised, they were a threat to them (to the heads) and they recognized them as one. Thus they graced its attackers with this new form before they would kill them. Now it was time to make their long awaited move: the king directed its heads towards the pink ship that first attacked it and almost instantly gained speed. It was not untraceable to the human eye but it was still fast enough that the armor clad captain wouldn't have time to steer her vessel away from its attack.

It rams with one of its head into the ship's side, damaging it considerably, while the other head eyes the players and swipes through the deck... hitting each and every one of them in the confined space. The it raises its head triumphantly, the rest shall sense its wrath as well as the massive creature begins to move each of its side fins slowly starting to spin around. It picks up more and more speed, drawing all the ships that attacked it in a vortex, having their hulls smack against its pristine shell. The heads don't let the opportunity go to waste and swipe through each deck until they hit every player that was on board of one of the attacking ships.

Abilities:

• Shell 'shedding': After the first turn, if the event boss if left with less than 35% it's HP after the first full rotation, it regenerates its HP to 100% at the beginning of the second rotation. [one use only]
  • <To be discovered>
  • Charge: At the beginning of every full rotation, the boss directs its heads and charges towards the ship that has the most amount of collective hate, dealing 650 raw damage to the ship and 225 raw damage to its crew members. For multiple instances of equal hate, it will hit the last ship that attacked it.(Single Target)
  • <To be discovered>

•  Watery Smack: On a CD of 7-12 the turtle uses its side fins and hits for 500 raw damage, all the ships [does not hit ships that used the 'Retreat' action twice consecutively in their last turns]. All crew members will receive 200 raw damage. (AoE II)

Ship buff/debuffs: 

Captain's Actions:

Hide contents

Notes:

Combat rotation: 

Hide contents

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 5,361/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5
ID# 78767 CD:11  
Attack(s) Used: Charge + Watery Smack!

<Bleed 2/2> -24 HP
<Thorns Selina>x2 -56 HP
<Thorns Domarus> -24 HP
<Thorns Evander> -7 HP
<Thorns Shield> -28 HP

@Khrysaor is skipped for not replying in the 72h time frame and receives 125 pure extra damage alongside the normal attacks.

[H:10] Icebreaker: 185/1086 HP - 165 Mit

• Selina:  353/600  HP -  60/60  EN -  89 Mit - 28 Thorns [Captain]
  • Ariel:   940/1215 HP - 103/120 EN -  75 Mit
  • Baldur:  915/1015 HP - 100/100 EN -  68 Mit (Safeguard)
  • Beat:     75/500  HP -  50/50  EN -   0 Mit
  • Mack:    833/1090 HP - 106/106 EN -  84 Mit
  • Sey:     489/800  HP -  80/80  EN -  57 Mit
  • Vale:      7/180  HP -  18/18  EN -  27 Mit (Safeguard)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:6] HMS Bluebird: 2500/2850 HP - 150 Mit

• Aereth:  400/600 HP - 60/60 EN -   0 Mit [Captain]
  • Domarus: 421/540 HP - 54/54 EN -  81 Mit - 24 Thorns
  • Evander: 172/360 HP - 36/36 EN -  12 Mit -  7 Thorns
  • Morgen:  764/840 HP - 82/82 EN - 124 Mit
    (sten)
  • Shield:  476/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 96 Mit - 28 Thorns

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:6] Sea Dragon: 3309/3310 HP - 530 Mit

• Zandra:  1135/1335 HP - 132/132 EN -  0 Mit [Captain
  • Beatbox:  959/1075 HP - 106/106 EN - 84 Mit
  • Itzal:    863/1060 HP - 106/106 EN -  3 Mit 
  • Hikoru:  1041/1175 HP - 105/116 EN - 66 Mit
  • Hakai :   606/740  HP -  74/74  EN - 66 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>

[H:3] Sunny Go: 625/1000 HP - 125 Mit

• Hydra:    680/755 HP - 74/74 EN - 66 Mit [Captain
  • Khrysaor: 340/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 85 Mit

@Selina, @Ariel - The Crowned Lion, @Mack, @Baldur, @Sey, @Beat, @Vale

The battle started well, Selina lead the way while the rest quickly followed her. Her crew attacked with all they got, which was a valiant effort that removed a big chunk of its overall HP. The next vessels did the same, bringing the giant monster to grovel in front of them as its HP bar reached the red zone. She let out a wide smile as she thought that they had won saying "Keep it going you greenhorns!" while looking at the rest finish their attacks. She was now near the bow, pointing over the rail. As predicted by her grandfather, the Sea Dragon seemed to indeed be the the toughest ship out there but from the looks of i she didn't need to depend on it to get the beast's attention as they almost killed it.

Soon enough she realized that such hopes were to high as the turtle enveloped itself into a brilliant light that temporarily blinded her. After a few second her lack of vision, she saw the turtle heading towards them with massive speed. Gasping in panic, the pinkette grabbed hold of the wheel and spun it violently in order to try and evade the attack. She was however, too late and barely had time to shout: "Brace yourselves for impact!" before the massive body smacked into them with rapid speed. It wasn't enough that it attacked them once but it continued its attacks against them, this time spinning into the water and attracting a vortex that drew every ship close to it. Then the heads raised havoc on the decks of each ship.

Clenching her teeth as she partially recovered, the armor clad captain cursed her inability to predict such an attack and breathed in, next shouting towards the other ships: "Retreat! Let just the Sea Dragon draw its attention!" In front of each captain except Zandra, the following pop-up would display the next message. Zandra will receive a 'Stand By' suggestion.

Alongside her command the wind seemed to pick up, pushing against the Icebreaker's sails and sending them to a relatively safe distance from the monster. Selina quickly grabbed a item from one of her waist pouches and clicked with her thumb on the crystal. A ominous music could be heard from the crystal, war drums complementing the vocal performance. Despite having effect only on Selina's ship, the war song could be heard by any ships near it. "XO make sure that the wounded are tended to!" came a crisp order from her as she bit her lower lip.

HDniZzw.png

War Song! 

Captain's Actions:

Hide contents

Notes:

Combat rotation: 

Hide contents

<<Biceps Archelon>> - HP: 5,361/5,500 - Mitigation: 85 - Accuracy: 100% - Evasion: -5

Selina used the 'Retreat' action!
Selina +36 HP (+18 Regen x2)
Selina used 'T2 Mass HP Recovery Song' +90 HP to all Icebreaker crew members 

• Selina:  479/600  HP -  60/60  EN -  89 Mit - 28 Thorns [Captain]
  • Ariel:  1030/1215 HP - 103/120 EN -  75 Mit
  • Baldur: 1005/1015 HP - 100/100 EN -  68 Mit 
  • Beat:    165/500  HP -  50/50  EN -   0 Mit
  • Mack:    923/1090 HP - 106/106 EN -  84 Mit
  • Sey:     579/800  HP -  80/80  EN -  57 Mit
  • Vale:     97/180  HP -  18/18  EN -  27 Mit 

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)
  • Shield:  476/580 HP - 58/58 EN - 96 Mit - 28 Thorns

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion, @Mack, @Baldur, @Sey, @Beat, @Vale can use Items among themselves, banners on other ship members or jump off the ship: 1 out of battle post only before their next battle turn, 2 for jumping off and joining other crews/leaving the event. 

The king takes a break and basks in the afterglow of the destruction it unleashed upon its pitiful attackers. They were indeed tougher than the previous NPC parties that wanted to claim its life but as their predecessors, they didn't succeed. While the king had to admit that they damaged them a lot more than before, they won't go down so easily and try their best to crush these tiny bugs like they did before. They were the King of this lake and any land they desired to go about as nothing could defeat them. The king was growing cocky and it allowed the players to attempt to attack them... or flea like flies. It would make little difference to then. Releasing air through their nostrils, the heads just stood there, red eye beads staring towards the ship that tried to escape. Something reminiscent of a laugh could be heard being emitted from their throats as it was merely air being exhaled through their mouths.

Combat rotation: 

Hide contents

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)
  • Shield:  476/580 HP - 58/58 EN -  96 Mit - 28 Thorns

<<Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion, @Mack, @Baldur, @Sey, @Beat, @Vale can use Items among themselves, banners on other ship members or jump off the ship: 1 out of battle post only before their next battle turn, 2 for jumping off and joining other crews/leaving the event. 

@Aereth, @Domarus, @Morgenstern, @Shield, @Evander 72h and counting down.

Action: Retreating 

They charged, they attacked and they almost killed the field boss, but unfortunately it hung on on its last few hit points and activated a special ablility. The shell cracked and there it stood again at full health points. Aereth gulped, and before he could do anything, the Biceps Archelon started to dish out attacks. After the attacks died down, Aereth took a look at the health of his crew members. The tanks were enduring the hits of the boss pretty well, but looking at Evander and himself he noticed that one more hit would definitely end the life of his crew member, and two more hits would even end his own. He immediately turned the steering wheel, and started to retreat away from the field boss. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and thus he would need to retreat out of the attack range of the event boss. He cursed. Aereth swore to himself that he would never ever let anyone die if he could avoid it.

Combat rotation: 

Hide contents

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)

<<@Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Beat stared in awe as the creature instantly undid all of the damage they had managed to inflict in shimmering display of power. 

"No way! Let's hope it can't do that again!" he said as his eyes adjusted as the light finally faded. 

Just when he thought the worst was over, the creature targeted their ship. He braced against a doorway on the ship as the creature slammed into their ship. His feet left the ground for a moment as the ship rocked heavily from the impact, which managed to nearly halve his health pool. His mind, which was sharp in the heat of battle, quickly began to run projections. His lack of armor was certainly not helping and, since they didn't have a healer on board, he would simply be costing everyone healing items since he had not had the chance to acquire his own. The beast's second attack solidified his assessment as he was nearly blown off of the ship. He righted himself and looked to the water and then to the shore.

Damn, I'm really not prepared for this...

He grit his teeth as he came to terms with his decision, staring at the ship's depleted health.

"Good luck you guys! I think I'm out of my depth here and wasn't prepared. You won't win if you have to keep healing me and I'm no good to anyone if I die!" He said, looking at his crew mates with a smile before jumping over board. 

I won't hold them back!

Spoiler

Jumping into the water. Will retreat as soon as I post again this rotation. 

Foregoing Action
+66 HP <Battle Healing and Regen>
The fleet of ships was dealing a marvelous amount of damage to the turtle boss. The blond smiled. Boss fights were just much too easy now since there was so many players willing to fight. Then, everything that was not supposed to happen, happened. The turtle's health regenerated back to full and it began to attack. It charged straight onto the ship that he originally was going to join, smashing it to bits. He could hear and feel the ship slowly breaking and ready to give way at any time. The blond groaned but  then a large AOE attack struck the entire fleet even their. The blond groaned and unsheathed his weapon. He was not going to abide by for this any further. He began to charge in, ready to strike. Then something unaccording to plan happened. They were turning. The blond turned confused and looked to Aereth. "What in the h**l are you doing Ae-" He caught sight of the rest of the crews health bars. His health had barely dipped at all, but the rest of his allies had really taken a hit. His excited mood took a hit and he sighed. His friends were in no shape to fight until around the end of the battle. He nodded to Aereth ad turned to his crewmates. "Alrighty, lets get them heals in. None of you are allowed to be in the Yellow zone before we start our next attack" He pointed a bony finger at @Evander and finished, "Get some health there Evander. One more hit ike that and there will be nothing for us but pixels to send home" He had no idea why he felt so different. This was the best boss ever! Even though it would mean many deaths. 

Combat rotation: 

Hide contents

<<Biceps Archelon>>

• Morgen:  830/840 HP - 82/82 EN - 124 Mit
    (sten)

<<@Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Evander watched the other ships ram into the turtle. Everything was looking good, really good, in fact. The boss's health bar kept dropping lower and lower, and it looked pretty much dead. One more round should- then, it started glowing. What in the world? The cracked shell split off from the body, and a new, shiny shell gleamed. The health bar of the monster rose back completely to full. This... was not good, to say the least. Then, things got worse. It's head smashed into their ship, and Evander grunted, as it slammed into him. He glanced up at his health bar. That was definitely alarming. More than half his health had been knocked off. He probably couldn't even take another hit of that. This was probably why it was a boss, after all. Evander began to breathe faster and faster. Adrenaline was rushing through his veins. The last time he had been this close to death was when he was a mere level 2 player, fighting against wolves, or that time he was level 5, also fighting against a wolf. Come to think of it, wolves had almost killed him a bunch. It was both exciting, and terrifying, knowing that his life was this close to being snuffed out. Evander pulled out one of his healing crystals. Thank goodness Takao had given these to him. This had reminded him that death was very much a real prospect in the game, and that he needed to prepare more. He nodded at Jonathan, and used his crystal.

<Used 1x T1 HP Recovery Crystal>

+40 HP

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>>

• Evander: 212/360 HP - 36/36 EN -  12 Mit -  7 Thorns
    (sten)

<<@Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Edited by Evander

Through the torrents of force and fury that had battered the crews on the water, Shield managed to cling to the rigging, actually for once feeling the damage that came his way. Once the waters began to calm and the boss returned to a less violent state, he said his own silent thanks to the dev team of Sword Art Online for not allowing players to feel pain.

In the aftermath, he saw some health bars had been depleted by noticeable margins. His own was holding fairly steady, though it had not been unaffected. As the spray of the sea continued to settle, Jonathan seemed to be taking charge of the morale of the ship. Rightly so, considering how much the assault had blindsided everyone. Leaving a crew time to panic was not an option. Although he typically preferred to remain impassive, Shield conjured up a raucous laugh.

"Yellow zone?" he shouted across the deck to his tank paladin. "What's that? I haven't seen anything but green since I started this blasted game!"

This was actually true. Using his background in statistics and good information brokers, he had so far avoided putting himself in too many situations where he would risk being damaged, let alone to the point of the yellow. That being said, he had come close after a few difficult rounds soloing Cerberus. Shield ambled over to @Morgenstern, clapping him on the shoulder, but using the gesture as an excuse to step closer and speak to him more privately.

"Are you sure that healing and staying put is the best option for Evander?" he asked under his breath.

He did not feel good about speaking behind another player's back, even if the message was not a malicious one. However, for the sake of morale, he felt it was a necessary evil.

"In all likelihood, we are going to need to draw a lot of fire during this fight in order to keep the fleet afloat long enough to deal the final blow," he went on. "There are smaller crews whose vessels are much further from the Archelon's focus. Should we consider sending him over to the Sunny Go?"

As he spoke, he uncorked and applied his Sand Armor Potion. While he had not sustained a significant amount of damage, he needed to stay on top of it for later in the fight when he was almost certain the Bluebird would need to draw some extra fire.

[-Sand Armor Potion, +27 Damage Mitigation]

Spoiler

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)
  • Shield:  530/580 HP - 58/58 EN -  123 Mit - 54 Regen - 28 Thorns

<<@Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Edited by Shield

Baldur was barely able to stay on the ship when the monster suddenly lurched forward, it's massive attack ripping into their otherwise pristine ship. The snap of it's jaws and the rush of waves and fin left the gaijin samurai confused about which way was up, or where the attack had come from. Had he not stuck his sword into the hull of the ship and grabbed onto one of the rigging lines, Baldur would be in the drink by now.

Brushing water out of his eyes, Baldur glanced up and saw the depleted HP of everyone on the ship, including the almost non-existant Vale. His own HP had moved down some, but his safeguard took the brunt of it, and his battle-healing helped with the rest.

"What the hell happened?!"

Glancing around, Baldur saw the NPC use a crystal to heal everyone on the ship, but the ship itself was terribly wrecked. It was in almost as bad of shape at the new player who had no business being in an event on this floor.

Moving over to the railing as the waters calmed a bit, Baldur saw that not many of the other ships fared much better. They were an injured, tattered fleet, but they could still make this work. Then he saw that they were moving further away from the turtle. Baldur had felt certain, that since this was the NPC ship, they would have stayed closer, but perhaps the captain was preparing for another ramming action. It seemed to have the biggest effect on the turtle.

"Everyone, pull back and do another ram!"

His voice was swallowed up by the roar of battle and the rush of water. Baldur said a silent prayer that they would survive this.

Spoiler

• Baldur: 1015/1015 HP - 100/100 EN -  68 Mit (+20 Battle Healing)

<<Biceps Archelon>>

(sten)
  • Shield:  530/580 HP - 58/58 EN -  123 Mit - 54 Regen - 28 Thorns

<<@Biceps Archelon>>

<<Biceps Archelon>>

Beat steadily swam through the uneven waters as he heard the sounds of battle behind him. He felt somewhat guilty for leaving them to face the beast, but with his inability to withstand the punishment the creature could dish out, he knew he was making the right decision.

I just hope they make it out alive...

He was doing a good job of ensuring he didn't swallow any of the likely questionable water of the lake, not that waterborne disease was a thing in the game. Eventually, he reached the shore, arms aching and slightly winded, but more or less unharmed. He decided to sit and watch the battle from the shore, wishing he could have stuck it out. He flipped through his inventory, cursing his lack of preparation and vowing to make a trip to an alchemist. He would not be unprepared like that again. 

Please make it out alive guys...

Spoiler

Exiting thread

Vale was peering around the entire field, the shimmer of blue light cascading off the edges of her frame signifying her feeling of safety and protection. The Neko girl had something peculiar pop up in front of her very face no doubt. A very fluffy bear cub with a rather large drumstick sitting in it's mouth, the poor cub had the goofiest face. Vale smiled brightly at the cub, the floof was just absolutely adorable, so much so she felt like playing with the cub. A small part of her wanted to take the cub to safety, and being mischevious at the same. As Vale lifted her hands to grab the cubs' cheeks, something terrifying was felt through the sheer vibration being felt throughout the ship.

Vale pulled her head to the side to look square at the boss as it had chosen it's prey, the giant turtle looked as though it was ready to maim and slaughter. Another massive vibration as she felt a massive amount of weight pulling her forward into Chewie, She gripped the bear tight as fear struck through her entire being. The Purple Haired Martial Artist watched as the ravaging force that was the turtle ram into the boat, the strike was so powerful it broke the scout post clean off.

Instincts took in as Vale waited for the precise moment in which the scouts post aimed toward the ship. The shimmer on her body had completely dissipated, the protection had faded at this point so Vale couldn't make a mistake here. Her focus so keen on the largest window, once it was in sight Vale struck the scout pst with all her might launching her toward the window while the scout post flew out into the middle of the water. Vale did a light spin so her back would slam through the window, holding Chewie close to keep the cup safe. One hand holding his snout shut, just so the poor bear didn't also lose his meal.

Crashing through the window, and slamming into a table shattering it. Vale screamed out in pain. Even though there was no actual pain, the sheer ghostlike feeling was enough to feel as though it were insanely real. Vale breathed heavily as what she witnessed was far above her capability zone. Her ear twitch as she hear a crash, Widening her eyes Vale rolled to the right and shot Chewie at the door. Just as the bear hit the wall, Biceps Archelon shredded through the room with his powerful jaw. Vale's action caused the bear to suffer no pain or damage. But Vale had the chin stretch across her entire body. The area of effect so large it was physically impossible for Vale to dodge in time.

Another scream, this one multiple times worse than the others. After a few moments of breathing slowly. Eyes as though it has witnessed the aspect of death visiting Vale personally. She knew she had to get out, Sitting up she saw her health bar begin to replenish from some effect, "I am sorry Chewie. I have to get out of her. Tell your gruff master, I am very sorry." Vale looked up at the massive hole in the roof that was just made, having the realization she had to escape while she told Chewie her apologizes.

Captain's Actions:

Hide contents

Notes:

Combat rotation: 

Hide contents

Vale commits to leaving the Boss Fight.

• @Mack:    923/1090 HP - 106/106 EN -  84 Mit

<<Biceps Archelon>>