[F11-PP] Beating Heart Fist [Martial Arts Grandmaster Thread] [Completed]

Spoiler

ID# 78459: BD: 12 (9+3) MD: 7 (4+3)

Colossal Ant Guardian [107/550]: 132 dmg to Beat

Beat [368/500] [17/50]  -17 EP | +1 EP

All Might - 15x1 - Dmg- 15 * 15 = 225 - 11 = 214

"Right!" 

Beat used his descent to give his follow-up attack more punch as he fell straight towards the victim of his previous attack. With gravity assisting, Beat plunged his glowing fist into the underside of the struggling ant's body. The creature released a horrid hissing sound as he writhed in pain, it's legs becoming a whirlwind of flailing limbs. 

"What do you have to say to that?", Beat said confidently as he prepared to dismount the boss. 

Beat leaped away, looking to maneuver himself back behind Shield as per usual, however, Beat found himself kicked by one of the flailing limbs, sending him into the wall of the dungeon with cratering force. He chest felt heavy from the impact as he fell from the wall and face down on to the ground. He quickly picked himself up again, wincing from the uncomfortable pressure in his body from the attack. He was able to smile, however, due to the fact that his health bar was still green, something that surprised and pleased him greatly. 

"Well, I can't say I wasn't warned."

Edited by Beat
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combat action: Howl

"Are you alright?" Shield called out to his damaged comrade.

He could see that the health bar was, for the most part, in tact, but with the ant guardian's life where it was, his offense would not be enough to make an impact on it.

The fallen foe rolled itself over, chittering and chattering with the volume and intensity of a broken washing machine banging against itself in a high spin cycle. Its eyes found the attacker who had unleashed so much punishment into its segmented body, and it began to tromp its way over. Dashing in front of Beat, Shield clashed his axe against the reflective surface of his shield, matching the ant's amplitude before unleashing his trademark howling threats and insults.

"You don't need to worry about him," Shield called out. "What you need to worry about is what I'm planning to do to all of your larva after we're done hollowing you out your grotesque body. I think they would be a lot of fun to split open. Like some nightmarish pinata party!"

Spoiler

ID# 78464: BD: 4 (1+3) MD: 4 (1+3) 

Colossal Ant Guardian [107/550]: Miss

Beat [368/500] [16/50]  -2 EP | +1 EP 

Miss

Beat nodded as he grit his teeth. They had reached the point where soloing a dungeon boss was impossible without the proper gear. He had an evasion trinket, but he knew he wouldn't need it again with Shield taking the hate lead back from him. The game was programmed to let you know when something hit you, but it nullified the pain to a mere sensation of pressure. Even with those safeguards in place, Beat felt as if he had gotten hit by a car, or at least what he imagined it would feel like if it didn't hurt and didn't kill you. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just to collect myself for a moment. I'll kick his ass in a few seconds." Beat said, staggering in place as his senses slowly readjusted. 

He looked up at the beast who was now flailing angrily at the tank, though it had managed to avoid reaping the reward of taking damage from Shield's armor, choosing instead to simply miss repeatedly. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78467 results: Battle: 4 - Miss

As the thick, powerful limbs of the colossal and flailed uselessly around him, Shield attempted to knock them away. A few of his strokes connected, but none of them had the impact he was hoping for.

I suppose its legs are mostly exoskeleton. There's no real flesh to speak of, at least not in real ants. If I'm going to get a hit in, I need to hit it where it hurts.

Putting his arms up to protect his head, more to keep from getting knocked away than to prevent actual damage, he walked carefully forward. Keeping his eyes out for any incoming blows. Every time he made progress though, a leg would swing just a little too close and he would need to jump back out of the way. He growled, trying to spot a clear path to the vulnerable body, but the underside of the ant was a mass of limbs, and there was no way to get through them from the bottom.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78468: BD: 7 (4+3)

Colossal Ant Guardian [0/550]: Dead

Beat [368/500] [0/50]  -17 EP | +1 EP

All Might - 15x1 - Dmg- 14 * 15 = 210 - 11 = 199

Loot: 

ID#78468: LD: 25 (20+5) CD: 9 = [1x] Intermediate Dungeon Map [F-11] + 1650 col

Total Loot: 

5 T2 Materials

1 T2 Rare Armor

1 T2 Rare consumable

1 T2 Perfect Consumable

24010 col

[1x] Intermediate Dungeon Map [F-11]

Beat's footing began to feel secure again as the disorienting sensation from the ant's previous attack had finally worn off for the most part. He charged his sword art in his left hand, smiling at the boss as he knew the final blow was coming. He glared up at the creature that had managed to inflict a large amount of damage on him and thrusted his finger towards it.

"Alright asshole, you got one lucky swing in, but you're really nothing. I think you've survived long enough do you?"

Beat leaped up into the boss's face and quickly sent his fist through the creature's head, destroying the  creating a disintegrating effect that spread from the base of the ant's head and through it's whole body until there was nothing left. The martial artist landed and gave his brother in arms a thumbs up and a winning smile. 

"Shield and Beat win again! This time without a carry!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rewards: 

All:

4 SP (3 for length, 1 for Beginner Subdungeon)

12605 col (24010 from loot, 1200 for length (3 pages @ 400 each))

Beat:

7 T2 Materials (3 from loot, 4 found)

1 T2 Rare consumable

1 T2 Perfect Consumable

[1x] Intermediate Dungeon Map [F-11]

Shield: 

8 T2 Materials (2 from loot, 6 found)

1 T2 Rare Armor

(Division of loot was discussed over discord and agreed upon and checked by all players)

Edited by Beat