[F7-PP] what did I get myself into? <<Case of Wyrms>> (Shield, Beat, Atzo) [Complete]

Spoiler

<Case of Wurms>>

This quest takes place on Floor 7
This quest is repeatable
This quest courtesy of Tristan Delaney

This RP will not count in the benchmark

59635275e5f58efabefaf6e7f3551dcd.jpg

Outside the town of Rig lies a great monster who appears to share the mythology of the town it is near to. The two headed serpent can not only burrow under the sand for hiding, but also fly for short distance to strike players. The serpent is merciless and will come for opponents as soon as it can.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
-Maximum Party Size of 3
-The Amphis Serpens must be defeated
-Due to the sand and movement of the boss, all players receive -1 to evasion and accuracy. 
-Repeat completions will only yield <<Snake Venom>>

Amphis Serpens Information:

<<Amphis Serpens>> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 175

MIT: 45

Damage per Attack: 70
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Hate and poison them, dealing attack damage AND 20 damage for 5 turns that cannot be mitigated.

Rewards:

1. <<Snake Venom>> A coating which grants a weapon a poison effect which activates on a critical hit, dealing 4 damage for 10 turns to an enemy. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.
2. 3 Skill Points

Atzo found himself on floor seven today, he was searching for a blacksmith, or a tailor. Both of which were proving difficult to find. While he was walking he stopped at the local tavern and decided to inquire about any quests nearby. The NPC told him of a large Field Boss that was terrorizing the city. As he did so a quest popped up. “Dear God No!” Atzo thought “There is no way I’m going to take that!” as he went to click decline he slipped and accepted the quest “Crapbaskets” He thought. “Now I have to find someone to help me because there is no way I will be able to beat this thing alone." He thought for a while before an idea piped into his mind. “Maybe I Shield will help me” With that he sent Shield a message entailing what had happened and what he got himself into, after that it asked in an almost pleading manner for Shields assistance. Atzo hoped that Shield would come, he was a good person and a strong fighter. 

@Shield

Edited by Atzo

It had actually been a busy day for once in Shield's shop. Between the sword he had appraised and the multitude of shields he had checked for unique enhancements, he had even managed a new rank.

I'm going to need to upgrade to a new building. Maybe even on a new floor...

As he pondered his options, a new notification pinged him, and he checked to find a message from the odd man he had adventured with not so long ago.

"I didn't expect to be hearing from him so soon," he exclaimed to himself, pulling up the details for the quest he had mentioned.

The slightest of smirks spread across his lips. He knew exactly the person to contact about this quest. His fingers flew through his menus, sending the details to @Beat, along with the simple message:

"Looking for more opportunities to test out those rank five sword arts?"

With that, he finished closing up his shop and made for the teleportation plaza at a quick jog. He came to a solid landing a few minutes later, strapped up with Norbert snugly on his back, ready for the next adventure. Spotting a familiar head of red hair, Shield flagged down Atzo.

"Long time no see, huh?" he said with a nod.

Beat could be found laying in a hammock on the roof of his cafe. Some of his regulars wouldn't be happy that he was taking the day off, but he wanted the day off and as his own boss, he couldn't say no to such a valuable employee. His hammock rocked in the light breeze as the sun warmed his body to a perfect napping temperature. Horus sat on his usual spot on the roof, not used to having company, but certainly not opposed either.

"This is the life, eh Horus?"

Before his falcon could reply, Beat's message box dinged, indicating a message. He read the message with a grin and quickly hopped out of the hammock. He quickly scaled down the walls of the building by using the building next to his to slow his descent until he could hit the ground safely, running straight for the teleportation pad and arriving just behind Shield. He slapped his friend on his armored back, making sure to avoid hitting Norbert, before joining the two players. 

"Hey! What's good?" He turned to look at the unfamiliar face and extended and handshake in greeting, "Hi! I'm Beat. I'm this guy's dps. Good to meet you." 

@Atzo

Atzo was surprised that the living suit of armour had made it so quickly. There was another mad behind him. He introduced himself as Beat. Atzo nodded and shook the man’s hand. At this point there he saw no reason the try and mask his distress. “Thank you both very much for responding so quickly. I have no doubt that I would be destroyed in one hit from that thing. I have never been good at fighting and this would reck me.” He looked at the ground, he hated admitting that he wasn’t strong enough. It always made him feel like he was useless. Looking back up at Beat he said “I am Atzo” before imeadiately averting his eyes. He was disappointed in himself and remembered the pain of his father’s fist. It always seemed to resurface when something bad happened, even now when his father was dead. It seemed to have left a permanent stain on his mind.

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 78150 results: Loot: 12 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 17 - +1 Material! (1 total)

That look was one that he remembered all too well. Shield nodded and gave the fresh player a light shove on the shoulder to shock him out of his state.

"For someone who once insinuated that he didn't have emotions, you sure seem to be able to feel embarrassment," he said, giving the shoulder a little squeeze before gesturing for Atzo to follow. "You're going to have to get used to accepting help, my friend. @Beat and I certainly did. Hell, we still do, on occasion. We're far from top tier, but we hope to be someday."

He pulled up his display, following the quest marker towards the edge of town of Rig where the serpent supposedly resided. As they passed through the stone archway to the outside, Shield's earring began to glow, indicating that something of interest was indeed nearby. Looking towards the nearest wall, a crystal of quartz seemed to be almost growing from the wall. He picked it from its spot, banishing it to his inventory.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78151: LD: 5 (1+4) = no mats. T_T

Consuming 1 Yummy Tummy Rummy (ID: 76543) and giving another to Atzo (ID:76540)

Spoiler

Name: Yummy Tummy Rummy [2x]
Profession: Cook
ID:  76543 | 76540
Roll: 9 (8+1) | 8 (7+1)
Item Type: Snack
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: Alcoholic +1 
Description: Yummy rum for your tummy!

+1 Dmg, -1 EVA 

Beat nodded as he in turn gave the newer player some encouragement, giving him a slap on the back as he followed Shield's lead. He had never really been to afraid of the challenge that Sword Art Online presented, but he had always had Shield's sturdy armor protecting him too. Add to that, his experience with VMMOs and he was about as prepared as you could get. 

Nothing could have prepared us for being trapped here though. I can understand why that might shake someone to their core.

"Hey! Cheer up! We've got you on this one. I should be able to take this boss really easily once I have a small pick me up." 

Beat quickly opened his menu and pulled out two shot glass sized bottles of rum. He handed one to @Atzo and raised his own in salute. 

"Here's to a good adventure!" 

Beat quickly threw the alcoholic drink down the hatch, immediately feeling the slight drunken sensation that the drink provided in exchange for the boost in strength. He looked to the drink in Atzo's hand and smiled. 

"That will make you a little stronger and help you relax. Doesn't taste too bad either." 

Edited by Beat

Atzo accepted the drink and cheersed. He then drank it before looking to Shield. “I wouldn’t call it embarrassed, more of afraid. Remember how I said my father would beat me? He didn’t tolerate me asking for help, he saw it as weakness and inability. And knowing I have a  task I am unable to complete myself brings me back to that dojo.” His expression of distress had lessened but he still wasn’t looking the two men in the eyes for more than a moment at a time. “Thank you for the drink Beat, I don’t know if I can ever repay it but I do appreciate it” As they were leaving the city Atzo had his hands in his pockets he was still looking around but he lagged behind the other two slightly. The world was cruel, these two seemed to be happy anyways, he didn’t understand what it was like to be able to feel bliss, he never had before. Shrugging he decided to look for something usefull.

ID# 78154 

Spoiler

Loot 12+1=13 (no mat)

@Shield

Edited by Atzo
Spoiler

ID# 78155 results: Loot: 13 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 18 - +1 Material (2 total)

"Fear is still an emotion," Shield reminded him as his feet beta their way down the steep mountain road. "Regardless, you don't pay us back by giving us anything. There's a big, old-fashioned rule of paying it forward here. We all depend on each other to push one another, get stronger, get better gear, get to higher floors, and eventually, to get out."

Looking back over his shoulder, he found himself eye to beady eye with Norbert. He sighed and looked back over the other shoulder instead, trying to catch Atzo's eye properly.

"This game wasn't designed to be beaten alone," he assured the less experienced player. "Nobody has ever soloed a boss before. You get parties together into a raid, and you do it as a group effort."

As his eyes returned to the front, he spotted a stone along the side of the path that bore the familiar red staining of iron ore. He recovered the material and stashed it, jogging back over to the others.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78158: BD: 6 (3+3+1 (Concentration)-1) 

All Might - 15x1 - Dmg: 15 * 15 = 225 - 45 = 180

Amphis Serpens [0/175]: Dead

Beat [500/500] [33/50]

"Of course, no pay back necessary. I have a cafe in the town of new beginnings. If you're ever hungry, swing by, I'll hook you up." Beat said with a warm smile. Shield and Beat had gotten plenty of support when they had started out and it just seemed wrong to not pay it forward and ensure that there were plenty of dedicated, strong players on the front lines. 

Before they could converse further, they could feel the rumbling of the burrowing creature as the quest marker began moving towards them. A large pair of hills in the sand quickly charged towards the party. The two headed mythical creature emerged with a hiss before diving right for their group. Beat moved quickly, his left fist glowing as he waited for the perfect timing to counter. 

"EYAAAAAH!!!!" 

In an instant, Beat leaped towards the charging creature as crushed the side of its face with his fist, sending it careening across the sand where it lied still for a moment before bursting into a shower of red pixels. Beat stared at his fist and then looked to the creature and back. He turned to Shield with a stupid grin on his face. 

"Dude, I'm a freaking beast now!" 

Edited by Beat

Atzo couldn’t say that Shield was wrong in his statements, it was just hard for him to agree with them at the present time. They kept saying to pay it forward, Atzo knew what that meant but wasn’t sure how he would ever be able to manage it. Especially if he kept getting himself into situations like this. Suddenly, and seemingly out of nowhere the ground started shaking. Atzo prepared himself and his Jian as the magnificent serpent rose into the air. As this happened he began to formulate a strategy, examining its armor. When suddenly he heard the sound of cutting flesh and the monster exploded. “What just happened?” Atzo thought to himself before hearing Beat give a slight gloat.How powerful are these two people?He was no sure, but he was definitely amazed. “Good Job Beat. That made my life so much easier. So what is the plan now? Kill more things or return to town?”

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 78178 results: Loot: 13 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 18 - +1 Material (3 total)

"Believe it or not, it wasn't so long ago that we were your level," Shield said, giving Atzo a reassuring glance before turning his eyes back to the road ahead of them. "As far as the plan from here, @Beat and I have a pretty tried and true method. If you kill the boss early, you search for more interesting things. That means keeping our eyes out for rare materials and dungeons until more mobs show up."

As he spoke, the glow cast upon his shoulder told him that there was already something noteworthy nearby, glancing at the ground, he spotted what seemed to be another piece of ore, though the staining of the stone was more of a green color. Perhaps this was copper. Either way, he picked up the item and situated it in his inventory list with the other materials he had gathered.

"We probably shouldn't go looking for trouble right away," he said, reaching back to pet his familiar only to have to move his fingers quickly out of the way to avoid the ill-tempered turtle's jaws.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78240: BD: 12 (9+3) 

All Might - 15x1 - Dmg: (15+1) * 15 = 240 + 24/rnd for 2 rounds

Spawn of Amphis Serpens [21/285]: 84 damage to Beat

Beat [416/500] [22/50] -12 EP | +1 EP

"Indeed, searching for trouble is a great way to make money and find loot, but we should probably wait until I'm back to full energy. It's really the only thing that sl-"

Before Beat could finish, loud rumbling approached in a flash and, directly behind Beat, a two headed snake, much like the one they had just beaten, sprung out of the sand, fangs poised to pierce through the player who had killed its father. The monster's tag read "Spawn of Amphis Serpens" though it seemed to be faster and stronger than its parent. 

"No way am I letting you get away with that!" Beat said, whipping around and charging his hand for another attack.

Unable to evade the attack in time, Beat decided to make the creature pay for hitting him. His fist landed squarely on top of the giant head of the serpent as its fang dug into his shoulder and ran down the length of the appendage. The pressure was incredibly uncomfortable and Beat was glad that he couldn't feel the pain from such an attack as he winced from the strong sensation. Red pixels drained from the creature's mouth as it slowly rose to its feet, gradually losing hit points from its already depleted pool of health. 

"It will die next turn. Little bastard wanted revenge I guess..."

Edited by Beat

Atzo was following the two powerful players as they decided to search for trouble. “I’m going to stand back, I don’t want to risk fighting the things that you two can destroy in one hit” He looked at the two as the ground started to tremble. “Looks like you have got your wish” as a snake breaches the ground. “Why is it always snakes?” He thought to himself as he remembered taking the Traveler with Dominion. Snakes seemed to run rampant in this world. It was weird to see, but maybe it was just a coincidence. Still he stood back and watched as the two of them attacked the beast it was a spectacular sight to watch. A though crossed his mind and he turned to Shield with curiosity. “Hey Shield, you spoke of getting out of this game. If you don’t mind me asking, what will you do when you reenter the real world?”

@Shield

Shield hung back with Atzo, unable to concentrate enough to find anything worthwhile, but his contributions to the battle would be negligible.This gave him an idea though. Unequipping his wristband, he set up a transfer as quickly as he could.

"Beat! Quick! Before it drops!" he called out, just before the item transfer dialog box appeared. "By my estimations, you should have just enough time!"

Even in the midst of battle, Atzo seemed to have a habit of asking Shield questions he was not quite prepared to answer. It was not that he disliked Atzo or thought that the information could somehow be used against him, but even if it was not embarrassing or compromising, it was intensely personal, and only a select few had heard his real reasons for wanting to leave. He decided that half an answer was better than no answer.

"Let's just say that I have some broken relationships that need mending," he said, choosing his words very carefully.

At this point, Atzo likely had enough information to put two and two together, but he didn't exactly feel obligated to connect the dots for him.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78310: MD: 6 LD: 21 (16+5) CD: 9 = Perfect T1 Weapon and 855 col

Spawn of Amphis Serpens [0/285]: 24 Bleed damage [Dead]

Beat [416/500] [18/50]  +1 EP

Swapped Red Cross (+2 Bleed, +1 Keen) for Finder's Keepers (+1 S&D)

Loot: 

ID# 78310: LD: 21 (16+5) CD: 9 = Perfect T1 Weapon and 855 col

Beat quickly pressed 'accept' on the trade screen and equipped the wristband in a flash, removing his gauntlets to make room. It was a little cheesey, but his critical blow and bleed effect had afforded them a unique opportunity to maximize their odds for better loot. He smirked as he watched the creature's remaining health drain away. 

"It'll all be over soon big guy..." Beat said with a smile, proud of his handiwork. 

The serpentine creature lashed out in a desperate attempt to take Beat's life, but to no avail. Before it could even get close, the last drop of health drained from its bar, resulting in a shower of red pixels spraying all over the martial artist. He released a contented sigh as his eyes lit up at the sight of the rewards screen. He looked to Atzo with a smile. 

"I think we found you a nice weapon buddy." 

Edited by Beat

Once again Beat destroys the beast in two solid hits. “This man is the epitome of DPS” Atzo thought to himself “Just like how shield is the epitome of Tanking. This must be why the two are battle partners” he was interested in how the two of them came to decide on teaming together. Though based on Shields last response he felt that in order to avoid making Shield any more uncomfortable he would hold his questions until a later date. Suddenly Beat said something about finding him a weapon. “Are you sure?” he asked them “I really don't want to be taking things that you guys earned, especially if you have use for it” he felt kinda bad for how much they had helped him already. He would have a lot of paying it forward to do wouldn’t he? He knew that if they needed the sword then they wouldn't have offered it to him but he still wanted to be sure.

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 78380 results: Loot: 5 + 3 item + 1 skill = 9 - No materials (3 total)

Shield gave his typical nod in response to Atzo's concerned question, hoping to dismiss his concerns.

"Beat and I are already tier two," he explained. "We can use gear that far exceeds the capabilities of any of the drops that this floor has to offer. Trust me, the most you're doing is depriving us of the little Col we would get for selling it later. As a member of the team that found it, you have dibs."

He looked over the battlefield, or rather the road that had served as their battlefield. It was becoming easier and easier to push through these bosses, and even some of the tougher mobs that seemed to serve as their vanguards and rear guards.

Is this a sign that Beat and I are almost ready to be moving further up to the front lines? It seems like we haven't been pushing forward long enough or that, and yet here we are, outclassing foes that would have once seemed insurmountable.

Either way, he offered his fist to Beat, as was their standard celebration.

"Nice work, kid."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78386: LD: 15 (11+4) = 1 T1 Mat found (1 Total)

"You know it." Beat said confidently as he returned his comrade's gesture. 

He too had noticed the fact that it wasn't so long ago that the boss and monster that he had one shot would have been much tougher fights. He was sure they would have still triumphed, but the fact that they had won so easily was a good sign that they were ready for tougher challenges. He looked to Atzo as he transferred the weapon to him. 

"Definitely. It will do you a lot more good than it will us. I'm having a blast, so what else do I need?" Beat said chuckling, his eye catching his energy bar and somewhat ruining his good mood. 

He looked to Shield as they kept walking, his energy bar beginning its journey back to full as he traded the tank's wristband back to him without a word.

"So, what do you think is our limit right now? We grew in strength so fast that I don't think we really have a good grasp on how much of a challenge the higher level content will be."

Edited by Beat

Atzo nodded to Beat and Shield. They weren’t wrong, Atzo would have a much better use for it then the other two. With them having Tier 2 equipment, Atzo was the weakest link as well, so it made sense for him to get the weapon. “You are right” Atzo said accepting it “I would make the best use of it” He looked around, hoping for something he could use for crafting. Unfortunately nothing stood out. He looked back to Shield and Beat. Maybe the two players could help him become a better person. Maybe they could show him what it was like to feel happiness and excitement and glee. Though he was hesitant to ask, “no one would be down for that task” He thought to himself It was a task that required a large amount of dedication that he didn't feel comfortable in asking of someone else.

ID# 78389

Spoiler

Loot 5+1=6 (No Mat)

@Shield

Edited by Atzo
Spoiler

ID# 78390 results: Loot: 12 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 17 - No dungeon

Beat's question was an awfully big one. At what point was more risk too much, and at what point was the speed of caution too slow? Ultimately, he had to shrug.

"We'll find that line as we get there," he said matter of factly. "I think we're capable of jumping up a few floors for sure, but as far as the front lines, I think we're still a ways off."

Shield checked the heads up display, deciding based on the time that he had done enough questing for the day.

"Not bad for a day's work, I'd say. I should be getting back, though," he said. "I just recently hit rank four with my shop, so I have some renovating and remodeling to do."

He motioned for the others to follow him back to town, making his way towards the teleport plaza and the relative safety of the first floor.

Edited by Shield