[F15 - PP] «Witch of the West and the Three Treasures: T.M.H & S.B.» [Completed]

Spoiler

<<Witch of the West and the Three Treasures: Tin Man's Heart & Scarecrow's Brain>>

This quest takes place on Floor 15

This quest is repeatable for <Tin's Heart> and <Scarecrow's Brain> only

This RP will not count in the benchmark

Dorothy.Gale.full.1292974.jpg

Background Information - Rumor has it, a group of NPCs (Scarecrow, Tin and Lion) were on their journey to become humans, but, along the way, the Witch of the West kidnapped their companion, a girl named Dorothy. The three wanted to save Dorothy, but the witch stole what was in Scarecrow's head, the gem that was a substitute for Tin's heart and the golden mane that fueled Lion's courage, thus they were unable to battle. Instead, they decided to enlist the help of players and cast a tornado spell on Toto, the dog that Dorothy kept, and sent it beyond the  to find a player to help them. 

Quest Objective - The player(s) must roleplay finding Toto and accepting the Quest pop-up from reading the note on his collar. The player(s) must then head East in order to try and find <Tin's Heart> and South in order to find <Scarecrow's Brain>. They must fight <<Flying Monkeys>> along the way in order to collect <Tin's Heart> from the depths of the Witch's East Tower and <Scarecrow's Brain> from the Witch's South Tower.  <Tin's Heart>  and <Scarecrow's Brain> can only be found on a LD of 20+ after all <<Flying Monkey's>> are defeated.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-Players MUST defeat X amount of <<Flying Monkeys>> (X being 2 per player)

-Max Party size of 4

-<Tin's Heart> and <Scarecrow's Brain> must be found

Flying Monkey Information:

<<Flying Monkey>> is a respawning Quest Mob and has the following statistics:

HP: 200

Damage per Attack: 70

Mitigation: 50

Evasion: 3

Rewards:

1. <Tin's Heart>: This item is completely vanity and has no use for the moment.

2. <Scarecrow's Brain>: This item is completely vanity and has no use for the moment.

3. 2 Skill Points

Parties of players are advised.

Recommended Level: 25+

"Not that I've ever been big on travel, but it's certainly nice not being stuck down on the lower levels anymore," Shield said with a sigh, stretching his arms over his head as he walked alongside Beat. "A little exploring is good for us, I think."

He glanced around at the trees that surrounded them, their dull, dead wood blending in with the same grays and shadows of the darkening sky as well as the fog that rolled constantly over their feet.

"Okay... so maybe we could have picked a more cheerful one to explore, but we gotta take baby steps up from floor eleven," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

Just then, a sound echoed through the woods. It was  faint sound, but as it repeated end echoed, it seemed to be growing nearer. It was high pitched, and seemed to come form an animal, though a small one, from the sounds of it.

"That's odd... aren't all of the creatures on this floor supposed to be larger tha-"

Just then, a little Scottish terrier burst from the underbrush, barely visible as the top of its head cut a swath through the fog. It bounded over to @Beat, a dialog box appearing in front of him as the little creature hopped and barked excitedly at the younger man's feet. Shield watched with curiosity as he harvested a piece of dried, mysterious fruit from the tree nearby.

Spoiler

ID# 78486 results: Loot: 17 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 22 - +1 Material (1 total)

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78503: 6 (2+4) = no mats

"I agree. Romping around on the lower floors has certainly lost its appeal. Though I can't say I mind helping the lower level players out now and again." Beat said as he nodded, going through his inventory and making sure his battle ready slots were occupied properly. The dangers of floor fifteen were likely not as tame as the ones on the eleventh floor, so he wanted to be prepared. 

"What is that?" Beat said, closing his menu and keeping his eyes peeled through the fog to try and figure out where the noise was coming from.

He soon got his answer as the dog stopped in front of him and a dialogue box appeared. Beat knelt down and read the note attached to the dog's collar, also noting the name on the dog tag. As soon as he finished reading, the quest acceptance box appeared and he immediately his yes, the gleam of adventure in his eyes as he handed the note to Shield.  

"Damsel in distress and an evil witch to beat down! Sign me up!" 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78505 results: Loot: 17 + 3 skill + 1 item + 1 skill item = 22 - +1 Material! (2 total)

No sooner had they accepted the quest than the little dog ran off to the East. Shield groaned.

"Beat... did you just sign us up for a big game of go-find-it?" he asked, turning a critical eye towards his eager travel companion.

It was not that Shield was a stranger to fetch quests. Far from it. He had spent literal days in Crossreign hunting obscure objects in hard to find places, but it was impossible to know what protections stood along their way to guard the things they needed to find.

Shield groaned again and took off down the swirling trail that the little black dog had left in the fog. The yipping served as a lighthouse of sorts through the fog. However, it did not help him answer to himself how he, a grown man with no pets, found himself chasing a little toy dog in the midst of the most dangerous floor he had explored yet.

"You know, one of these days, you and I are gonna have a sit-down, face-to-face about your tendency to sign things without reading the fine print!"

On one of the low hanging branches in front of him he spotted another piece of the mysterious fruit. He snatched it as they ran by, having to keep holding onto it for fear of running into something if he tried to open his menu.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78506: LD: Screw you roller

Beat laughed heartily as he happily followed the yipping of the little canine. 

"Is this not part of exploring? What's the point of looking around if don't do the quests in area? Besides, if we can't handle this, then it tells us where our limitations are We have teleportation crystals and I doubt anything up here is so crazy strong that we can't at least get away."

It wasn't that Beat was oblivious to the danger of the floor, but in his eyes, they would be exposed to the same danger eventually and it was better to meet the challenge head on. He opened his menu and looked at the statistics for the quest specific mobs and the objectives. 

"Well, it looks like this quest leads into a quest line. Those are almost always worthwhile, they just take more time. The monsters for this one are a little tough, but they're nothing to worry about." Beat said, his excite calming down as he attempted to ease Shield's concerns. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78508 results: Loot: 14 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 19 - +1 Material (3 total)

With his longer legs finally having closed some of the distance between himself and the canine front runner, Shield was finally able to open his menu to stash the fruit he had recovered from the dead branches of the trees. That was convenient, because just as he did so, another one came into view further down the trail. He snatched and stored it as well.

Beat had said the million dollar word, however. Monsters. If this dog guide was a means to railroad, then monsters wouldn't be far away. He continued fiddling through his menus, foregoing the luck of his seeking items for the defenses of his combat gear.

"Just watch out for enemies," Shield suggested aloud, having to be direct since subtle meaning is difficult to instill while running.. "I think we both know what it means when a quest dangles a juicy carrot in front of your face like this."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78507: BD: 13 (10+3) MD: 8 

Flying Monkey 1 [130/200]: 70 damage to Beat

Flying Monkey 2 [130/200]: 70 damage to Beat

Flying Monkey 3 [130/200]: 70 damage to Beat

Flying Monkey 4 [130/200]: 70 damage to Beat

Beat: [260/540] [42/54]   -12 EP

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - Dmg: 16 * 6 = 96 - 50 = 46 + 24 bleed /2 rnds

“Yeah, there is no doubt something lurking in these woods.” Beat said a hushed as he could as they ran.

A few moments later, the dog’s pace had slowed to a halt and it was now growling at something, looking around as if whatever the dog was hearing was moving around. Beat and Shield would begin to hear grunts and the sound of flapping wings around them as todo began to bark, making pinpointing the sounds more difficult.

“There is more than one for sure, but I can’t t-”

Before beat could finish four black monkeys with wings sprung from the fog screaming with a primal rage as they laid into the martial artist. Having little time to react, Beat turtled up, covering his head and face as the winged primates halved his health bar.

“Is that all?!”

Timing his strike so that they had no time to retreat, Beat spun around, creating a small twister as his leg connected with each of them, leaving a red mark that dripped red pixels, indicating the bleed effect being inflicted on them.

“Attacking from behind...sneaky dicks!”

Edited by Beat

Shield let out a roar, forcing distance between Beat and the monkeys with his shield as he howled into each of their faces.

"You think that little kick hurt? Just wait until you see what I do to you, you hairy little buzzards!"

A vein stood out in his neck and his jaw was clenched, jutting forward with the determination of his howl. A sneak attack like that was a low blow, especially when visibility was already poor. He stepped backward until his back was pressed against Beat's.

"Cool it for a second, hotshot," he hissed, keeping his eyes on the howling, hooting creatures that gamboled about them in circles, baring their teeth as a challenge. "We got screwed on this one, so we're gonna have to let them get a little angrier at me before we can start back on the offensive."

He stepped forward again, giving himself some distance as he stared down each of the monkeys, returning their challenge with his stony glare.

Spoiler

ID# 78534: MD: 7

Flying Monkey 1 [78/200]: 70 damage to Shield before mit and regen. Takes 28 thorns damage. 24 bleed

Flying Monkey 2 [78/200]: 70 damage to Shield before mit and regen. Takes 28 thorns damage. 24 bleed

Flying Monkey 3 [78/200]: 70 damage to Shield before mit and regen. Takes 28 thorns damage. 24 bleed

Flying Monkey 4 [78/200]: 70 damage to Shield before mit and regen. Takes 28 thorns damage. 24 bleed

Beat: [260/540] [43/54]  +1 EP

Taking no offensive actions this round

“‘I’d be pissed too if four of me couldn’t get one guy down and then got kicked in the face for it.” Beat said, unhappy about the sneak attack.

He normally made sure he was behind the tank since they normally faced obstacles that approached from the front or at least didn’t have the intelligence to pick out the dps and sneak attack. The monkeys continued to dart in and out of the fog, laughing the entire time and clearly having fun, despite the damage they had taken.

“yeah...keep laughing while you can.” Beat grumbled, his anger simmering as they mocked him.

As usual, the taunting from Shield managed to invoke the ire of their flying adversaries, their circling becoming more erratic as their laugher became screams of rage, their glowing, red eyes shining more brightly as the took passes at their offender swiping at him with their clawed appendages.

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Hate:
Shield: 6, Beat: 2

With the monkeys finally putting their efforts towards felling the tank rather than the damage, the battle was back on track. Just to drive the last nail into the eventual coffin, though, Shield decided to give them a little more to stir them up. They were already nervous, confused about what had hurt their hands as they struck

"Aww... what's the matter monkeys?" he said, pausing for a moment to suck in air before shouting the rest of his challenge. "You're all pathetic! You take a little bit of damage and suddenly you're not enjoying your little game anymore!"

Shield stamped his feet on the ground, tossing his axe arm around in a show of aggression to further invoke their range. The primal display struck a chord with them, and they each began to screech even louder, threatening the mysterious, spiky man and his jingly shell that hurt them back.

"Come on, you prehensile-tailed pests! Try and prove to me that you're not complete weaklings!"

Spoiler

ID# 78583: BD: 6 (6+3-3) MD: 2

Flying Monkey 1 [44/200]: Miss

Flying Monkey 2 [44/200]: Miss

Flying Monkey 3 [44/200]: Miss

Flying Monkey 4 [44/200]: Miss

Beat: [260/540] [31/54]   -12 EP +1 EP

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - Dmg: 14 * 6 =  84 - 50 = 34

Beat watched as the rampaging monkeys continued their frenzied assault on the tank to no effect other than depleting their own hit points. IT wasn't too long before the martial artist had nailed their attack pattern down and needed only a small opening to resume his attack. 

"Gotcha!" 

The opening he had been looking for soon came and Beat leaped just above Shield's head and rotated quickly as each of the flying primates came in for an attack only to be met with Beat's foot crushing their faces. Their tough skin dulled the impact significantly, but it was still satisfying to land another solid blow. 

"A little more and that should do it. I shouldn't have countered them though since it's better for them to hit you." Beat said, landing next to Shield as the monkeys' screamed seemed to intensify to unrealistic levels. The circling pattern became a wall of monkeys as they increased their speed again, determined to take their life from the two of them. 

"Man, they're really hungry for blood. I can't imagine a kid playing this game."

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78588 results:

Battle: 7 - 3 = Miss

With the focus back on him, he could now free himself back up for more open combat. Beat's observation was accurate though. Their frenzy had grown to new heights.

There has to be a way to use that to my advantage.

Shield waited and watched, knowing that increased ferocity had its consequences. From somewhere off to his left, Shield heard a sound like two coconuts colliding with one another, turning to find two monkeys having crashed headlong into one another. He wasted no time, springing towards them and swinging with his barbed weapon.

The heavy blade missed connecting, the collided monkeys cackling as they returned to the screeching mass of flying fur and fangs that circled overhead. Shield snorted, shaking his head at them.

"They either need to stand still or actually hit me. We'll make 'em bleed one way or the other... either from the axe, or when they explode into dust later."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78592: BD: 2 MD: 9

Flying Monkey 1 [44/200]: 70 damage against Shield before mit and regen.

Flying Monkey 2 [44/200]: 70 damage against Shield before mit and regen.

Flying Monkey 3 [44/200]: 70 damage against Shield before mit and regen.

Flying Monkey 4 [44/200]: 70 damage against Shield before mit and regen.

Beat: [260/540] [30/54]   -2 EP +1 EP

MIss

Suddenly, the screams of the monkeys seemed to harmonize, becoming a sort of chorus of howls. The rotating nature of the sound made it sound like he and Shield were in a sort of tunnel the was filled with deafening noise as the furry of primates finally began to attack with reckless abandon. 

"Holy crap!" Beat screamed, ducking down to avoid being struck by a wayward limb as the monkeys proved that they were certainly special.

The limbs of the monkeys were nearly imperceptible as they moved and attacked as quickly and rapidly as they could, managing to avoid the damage from the razor lined suit of armor. The force of the attack made the area feel like it was in a tornado, through it was merely the proximity to the attacks that created the illusion. It was even more impressive since the attack seemed to leave no opening for Beat to attack from, so he was forced to simply try to stay out of the way and allow Shield to do what he did best.

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78596 results: Battle: 8 - 3 evasion + 1 concentration = 6 - Hit! - 3 dmg - 50 mit = 1, Bleed 24 (next 2 rounds)

Shield was becoming impatient. It wasn't the lack of conclusive victory at this point. It was the noise. As they swarmed him, the screeching was in both of his ears, in his face, and all around him. Finally, he had had enough. He picked a monkey, focusing on it with all of his might. As it game around in front of him, he clotheslined it with his axe, the hook rending the creature's flesh so that particle effects exploded from the wound.

Shield nodded with a satisfied 'humph' before calling down to Beat.

"Ignore the bleeding one, if it helps you at all," Shield called out, watching the trail of red as it rejoined the swirling torrent of monkeys. "It's dead as soon as that bleed effect triggers properly."

Mentally, Shield could feel the toll that had taken, but he honestly didn't care. It had been worthwhile, if nothing else, just for the howling to be that much quieter in the brief moments of his victim's stunned silence.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID#78957: BD: 3 MD: 5

Flying Monkey 1 [19/200]: Miss. Takes 24 Bleed. 

Flying Monkey 2 [44/200]: Miss.

Flying Monkey 3 [44/200]: Miss.

Flying Monkey 4 [44/200]: Miss.

Beat: [260/540] [29/54]   -2 EP +1 EP

MIss

"Nice shot!" Beat cheered as the monkey did backflips all the way into the surrounding fog, staying out of sight for a few moments as it fought to correct its flight. 

The other monkeys finally began to slow down as the monkey Shield had struck came flying back, weakly as it dripped red pixels from a large red mark Shield's axe had left. They all seemed rather exhausted from their all out attack, their speed even lower than before though they kept their eyes peeled as Beat quickly leaped up and attempted to strike them, his foot missing narrowly as they retreated to the fog momentarily before weakly retaliating against Shield, who would barely need to move to avoid the flimsy assault. 

Despite his miss, Beat was pleased that the volume had returned to a much more manageable level, "I don't even care, I just want them to shut up."

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78600 results: Battle: 2 - 3 = -1 - Miss

Shield rolled his eyes and gave an exaggerated nod, returning to his attempts at tracking the flight paths of monkeys. Simply from their sheer speed and numbers, it became difficult to keep track of them. Even the one who continually bled red, glowing fragments wove in and out of view among his hooting cohorts. He shook his head.

"I think it's gotta be you from here, buddy," he groaned, his head beginning to ache from the constant noise and activity around him. "I can't get a bead on them well enough to hit, and even if I could, I doubt it would do much of anything at this point."

He closed his eyes, pressing the heel of the hand that held his axe against one of his lids. He did not particularly care if they took advantage of his opening. To say that there was no real danger for him at the moment would be an understatement, As long as they hated him more than they hated Beat, they couldn't lose.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78601: BD: 7 (7+3-3) MD: 3

Flying Monkey 1 [0/200]: Takes 24 Bleed. [Dead]

Flying Monkey 2 [10/200]: Miss.

Flying Monkey 3 [10/200]: Miss.

Flying Monkey 4 [10/200]: Miss.

Beat: [260/540] [18/54]   -12 EP +1 EP

“Right…but they’re so damn fast most of the time! Though I will say their normal volume is a lot more tolerable now that we’ve been subjected to whatever attack they used.” Beat said, rolling his eyes as he looked for another opening, finding their reduced speed much easier to deal with.

In their fatigue, the flying monkeys had begun to telegraph their movements and attacks much more, and while they were still obviously wary of his attacks, their ability to keep those openings small enough that Beat could not catch them off guard was waning. Beat resisted the urge to smile as he saw such an opening.

“Eyahh!”

With a leap directly above Shield, Beat began to spin, his glowing leg creating a twister around the players that picked each of the monkeys up and tossed them through the air after battering them. Gradually the moneys came back into range, looking ragged, as their health bars were now critical. One monkey finally succumbed to its bleeding wound, falling to the ground before bursting into the spray of red pixels.

“One down, three to go…” Beat muttered with a sigh.

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78613 results: Battle: 10 - 3 = 7 - Hit monkey 2! 3 dmg + 2 = 5 - 50 mit = 1 dmg, Bleed rounds: 2

With one less voice to add to the cacophony, Shield's mental clarity returned, at least partially. He shook his head, trying to clear his ears of the constant yammering, and as he focused his eyes, one monkey dove extra low in front of him, and he instinctively reacted, swinging an uppercut with his axe. It caught the flying primate under the chin, tearing a gash up its face which bled crimson light as it careened off course and winged the other two monkeys.

The midair circus crashed and clunked into one another for a few moments, during which time, the intensity of their hooting once again reaching the same heights as before, but only for a moment.

"You know, if that's the reason for it, I don't mind the screeching so much," Shield said, crossing his arms over his chest and nodding with satisfaction at the chaos he had sown among the creatures.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID#78614 BD: 1 MD: 4

Flying Monkey 1 [0/200]: Takes 24 Bleed. [Dead]

Flying Monkey 2 [10/200]: Miss.

Flying Monkey 3 [10/200]: Miss.

Flying Monkey 4 [10/200]: Miss.

Beat: [260/540] [17/54]   -2 EP +1 EP

Miss

The chaos Shield had incited quickly took great effect as one of them ran full speed into the two others, who immediately began wrestling and fighting with their brethren in midair, screaming and pulling hair, but otherwise inflicting no real damage to one another. Beat began to laugh as he came to a realization about the whole event.

“Dude! They are breaking the rules. You’re the one with all the hate; they shouldn’t be able to attack each other.”

Beat shook his head as he let himself enjoy the infighting of their opponents for a few moments. It helped to relieve the stress of the mentally taxing battle, something they both needed pretty badly at this point.

“Okay, this is fun and all, but I think I ready to be done.” Beat said, revving his leg up.

Unfortunately, the fighting of the monkeys moved them directly out of the path of Beat’s attack, frustrating him and saving their hides once again.

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78615 results: Battle: 8 - 3 = 5 - Miss

The rolling pile of monkeys undulated around the small clearing, bumping into trees and rocks, redirecting itself to roll into a different tree altogether, and all the while partially submerged in fog.

"Right," Shield groused. "Because I'm supposed to be able to land a hit on this."

He stepped closer to the knot of feuding monkeys, swiping his axe at them, but only just missing as the tangle rolled to the side once again. He blew out his cheeks, shaking his head as he threw up his hands in frustration.

"I mean, do we have to wait for them to stop, or what?" he said, exasperation beginning to wear through the stony disposition that was his norm. "Isn't there a way to point out to the system that we're going to win eventually anyway, so it needs to just move the battle along and give is the victory? When are they installing that feature?"

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID#78616 BD: 9 (8+1+3-3)

Flying Monkey 1 [0/200]: [Dead]

Flying Monkey 2 [0/200]: [Dead]

Flying Monkey 3 [0/200]: [Dead]

Flying Monkey 4 [0/200]: [Dead]

Beat: [260/540] [7/54]   -12 EP +1 EP

Beat folded his arms as he watched Shield attempt to hit the rolling knot of primates. It was amazing, though probably more surprising than it should have been that they were actually fighting each other and still managing to survive. The plus was that they were at least not attacking him, which he would never welcome anyway.  

“Alright, this has to stop. Now.” Beat said sternly as he walked past Shield and towards the rolling mess of fighting monkeys, his face no longer amused as he once was.

By luck or skill, Beat managed to corner the ball of fur and limbs enough to grab one of the monkeys by the scruff of its neck and immediately tossed it and the two monkeys holding onto it into the air. Beat followed closely, jumping fist first into the ball, breaking it apart and spinning quickly, whipping each of them with his glowing leg. The three remaining monkeys burst into red pixels as he landed, releasing a sigh of relief.

“Good lord!” Beat yelled, throwing his hands up and kicking a nearby tree hard enough to shatter some of the bark off it.

Edited by Beat