(F4-PP) Time to BEAT the snow <<Avalanche>> (Beat, Atzo) {Complete}

Spoiler

<<Avalanche>>

This quest takes place on Floor 4
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

mb_avalanche.png

Word from the Information Brokers speaks of a hidden respawning Field Boss on Floor 4. A small party reported having farmed the <<Ice Elementals>> found throughout the Tundra awakened a hidden Field Boss in the form of a giant <<Ice Elemental>>. This monster, identified as <<Avalanche>>, proved to be a dangerous opponent for the relatively low leveled party, and dropped a powerful Alchemical Concotion.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] pages of Rp  (21 or more posts)

-Avalanche must be defeated

-Maximum Party Size of 3

-Repeat completions will only yield <<Snowfrost>>

Avalanche Information:

<Avalanche> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 100
Damage per Attack: 40

Rewards:

1. <<Snowfrost>> This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing resistance to Fire Damage for one battle. [The wearer will only take half damage from the burning damage over time effect]
  2. 2 Skill Points

Atzo heard about this a while ago, Floor Four, Snow man, Kill it. The usual. He was curious as to how Beat was while outside of Shields. So, seeing that there was nothing to stop him he had called Beat to the fourth floor. Atzo was in the tavern, it was where he best met with people. He had a glass of Wine in his hand as per his usual drink. It was a glass of white wine, he much prefered white wine to red wine, the flavor was better in his mind. There were a lot of people here today, he wondered why but didn't much care to think about it too hard. How much different is Beat when Shield isn’t around? Was the first though to cross his mind. It seemed that Beat was well upbeat. It was nice to see that he was able to be so chipper, but would he be the same way? And what stories did he have to tell? 

@Beat

Edited by Atzo

"Floor 4!" 

The sunny skies and warm air of the City of Beginnings quickly changed to the frosty air of the fourth floor. 

"Ugh, I really don't like the cold...stupid quest..." Beat said, his face scrunching into one of disapproval.

The falcon on his shoulder, Horus, seemed to agree as he ruffled his feathers in protest. Despite the duo's dislike for the cold, Beat immediately noticed the difference from before he had acquired the survival skill, which made environmental dangers like heat or cold nearly a non-issue. The air was still cold to him, but it was no where near as biting as he knew it was from past experience. He pulled up his map, quickly finding Atzo's player icon, and headed towards the tavern. He rushed inside once opening the door, the patrons by the door protesting angrily until he had made his way inside and shut the door. The warmth was a nice change as he quickly spotted Atzo's red hair and made his way over. Beat sast next to the his new friend at the bar and smiled, glad to see the player they had helped still forging onward.

"Sorry I'm a bit late. I had some late orders come in at the cafe. How's it going? How is that new weapon we found?" 

“No worries” Atzo said in reference to Beat being late “I am alright, and Misguidance seems to be the perfect sword for me.” He took out the perfectly mirrored blade and handed it to Beat for inspection. Once again he averted his eyes as he had done for Shield upon letting Shield expect it. But this time it was because of what, or Who was looking back at him. The sword shows whoever looks into it their Inner Demons, shows them manifested in a form that was humanoid or as a human if the demon was tied to a human substantially. For him, today, he saw Solomon with fear and disgust in his eyes. Taunting him. Reminding him of what he did. He took another sip of wine and let his face stay in a happy contortion. It wasn’t too hard for him to do but at this point guilt was overshadowing most things. Luckily the wine would help, it always did.

@Beat

“Glad to hear it. Now let’s see…”

Beat took the blade and examined the design and feel of the blade before pulling up the item tag and inspecting the enhancements on the item. It was a great tier one weapon and one that would likely serve him well until it was time for an upgrade once he hit the second level tier. He smiled back at Horus who was staring at him through the reflection of the blade.

“It’s a good weapon, I like the mirrored design on the blade. Could be useful in certain situations in addition to just looking cool.” He said, scratching his chin as he handed the weapon back to Atzo.

He raised an eyebrow as he looked back to Atzo, his mind curious to see what sort of drops they were looking for. It was a sort of superstition to have the ideal drop firmly in his mind as he farmed. He probably didn’t actually believe that it made a difference, but he liked to think it did.

“Do you have anything that increases your damage yet? That’s the crux of any damage oriented player. That and accuracy of course.”

Atzo took Misguidance back and sheathed the sword. “Actually, I am attempting a Scout build more so than a DPS build. Kind of a Scout/DPS build. I don’t have any damage boost but I am just kind of relying on my Sword skills for that.” He thought about how everyone had familiars. “I may attempt to track down a familiar to help me though now that I think about it.” He had seen a lot of familiars around. Not to mention that Shield literally wore his familiar on his back. Atzo finished his glass of wine and looked to Beat, he really was a happy guy wasn’t he? It was interesting to see someone so chipper, He wasn’t used to it, not that he mind it. “Well, I guess we should go and take out that Boss, eh?” Atzo got up as he spoke motioning for Beat to follow him, there was a lot of cold in front of them. This was going to suck.

@Beat

Spoiler

ID# 78590: LD: 10 (6+4) = no mats

Equipping Heal Yeah (+36 Regen) and removing Red Cross (+2 Bleed +1 Keen)

Drinking Sand Armor Potion (+27 Mit)

Total Defenses: 36 Regen and 27 mit. 

"I suppose we should. It shouldn't be too much trouble." Beat said, letting a sigh out as he forced himself off of the comfortable bar stool and prepared to leave the warmth of the tavern.

He followed Atzo out of the tavern and they headed out of the settlement, passing under a small gateway that marked the edge of the safe zone. He looked to Horus, the large falcon resting on his shoulder, and gave his familiar an amused look. Normally, Horus couldn't wait to fly up high and scout ahead, but even with the survival skill making the cold merely uncomfortable, it was clearly taking away some of the faithful avian's motivation to leave his warm perch. 

"I know it's cold, but if you fly a little bit, you'll warm up. You're probably colder sitting there honestly." Beat said to Horus, who clicked his beak in protest before seeing reason and flying up above and began scouting as he often did. Beat opened his menu and removed his gauntlets and equipped a suit of heavy armor as he pulled out a small vial of potion, downing the concoction which caused him to shimmer yellow for a moment. 

"This will be my first time tanking, but I think we'll be find against normal mobs." He said to Atzo before deciding to resume their conversation from the tavern, thoroughly enjoying conversation with someone other than his normal company, who seemed to have a somewhat short limit on how much talking he would do, "Anyways, familiars are amazing. They're a good friend if you want to bond with them and the statistical bonuses they offer are pretty great. Horus increases my damage considerably. What do you think you'll teach your familiar when you get one?"

Edited by Beat

Atzo thought for a little bit about Beat’s question “In all honesty, I cannot say that I know what you can teach a familiar.” He hadn’t taken the quest yet. And didn't know more than that they could be very useful. Looking around he was able to tell that it hadn’t been warm here… we probably ever. The little trees that were here were dead, and the snow was so thick that it made movement somewhat of a challenge. “So, Beat. What cause you and Shield to partner the way you have? Seeing as the two of you compliment each other as well as you do.” It was a question that had been on his mind for quite some time, though he was afraid that his questions had been aggravating Shield with how many he had. Maybe if he switched up the recipient of the question it would be easier on all involved parties.

@Beat

Spoiler

Consuming Angry Apple Cider (+1 Dmg/ -1 EVA for thread)

Hide contents

Name: Angry Apple Cider
Profession: Cook
ID:  75472
Roll: 10
Item Type: Snack
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: Alcoholic +1
Description: This hard apple cider has a nice bite to it and seems to invigorate the drinker's body. 

Beat continued to go through his menus and retrieved a bottle hard apple cider and pulled a second out for Atzo and offered it to him. The nice thing about being a cook was that you were never short of food items that had no special properties other than a good flavor and sustenance. He proceeded to down his beverage for the effect it provided as he listened to Atzo's question. It was nice to finally have someone who would carry on a conversation and show interest in him. Shield would occasionally feel talkative, but he was a man of few words a lot of the time, even around Beat. Needless to say, Beat rather enjoyed satisfying his traveling companion's curiosity.

"We were both the best of the best at another VRMMO called Crossreign. It was a lot like Sword Art Online, except not nearly as realistic and with differences in mechanics. We came here to settle the score and see who could best the other at a game that was unfamiliar to both of us....whoops."

Beat laughed at the irony of their situation, the once rivals now friends in a struggle for survival. He took a large swig of his cider, finishing the contents as the bottle burst into white, faded pixels. 

"I dunno...It just made sense for the two top players of another game to team up. When your life is on the line, rivalries seem childish. Besides, it sort of sounds like your typical dream team situation doesn't it?" Beat shrugged as he thought more on his answer before continuing, "It hasn't always been easy and we don't always see eye to eye, but we get along well enough and our roles compliment each other perfectly. Strength in numbers is a huge deal in SAO so having a consistent traveling companion is always a good idea."

Beat checked his map to ensure they were on the right path before looking back to Atzo with a question of his own,  "Do you have a group of people you normally quest with?"

Edited by Beat

It was interesting to hear Beat talk about such things. It seemed to be similar to his experience with Hydra though the two were never rivals. “Have you two ever tried to duel?” Atzo asked with wonder “There are ways that you would be able to do so, you can officially end your rivalry without worry about killing each other.” They kept walking. Beat was very different from Shield. Atzo assumed that Beat was the talker while Shield analyzed the situation at hand. Accepting the drink, Atzo consumed it as well, this man never seemed to have a shortage of booze. Then Beat asked if Atzo had a questing group. “Other than you two?” he said with a chuckle “Yeah, I have actually formed a Guild named the Emerald Harbingers with a few of my battle companions. I would love for the two of you to join us, though I would in no way blame you for deciding not to.” He smiled at Beat to show his sincerity. 

@Beat

Spoiler

ID# 78645: BD: 10 (7+3) MD: 4 (3+1)

Frost Wolf 1: [174/270]: miss

Frost Wolf 2: [174/270]: miss

Frost Wolf 3: [174/270]: miss

Frost Wolf 4: [174/270]: miss

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - Dmg: 16 (14+1+1) * 6 = 96

Beat [540/540] [42/54] -12 EP

Beat smirked at the idea of a duel, though he knew who would win at the point they were at right now. He smiled as the thought entertained him regardless of the outcome he knew was certain. 

"Shield moonlights quite a bit more than I do. He isn't leagues ahead of me, but he certainly has the upperhand. His damage mitigation would stuff everything I have after I blow all of my energy. He's a little more motivated to get out of here I think, but he's a dad so I can't bl-" Beat stopped short, hearing a noise that stood out from the regular howl of the frosty winds. Horus cried out in warning as a small pack of four frost wolves with pale blue glowing eyes appeared on the path in front of them.

"Hold your attack until I can get a couple of hits in. I don't want them coming after you." Beat said with surprising calm, feeling odd being the one directing combat as the tank. He charged forward, his charge skill giving his body a slight blur effect as it increased his speed. 

"Eyaaah!" Beat yelled as he spun around with his glowing leg extended, catching each of the wolves in the jowls with his heel, dropping their health by a third. Each of the wolves retaliated, but to no avail as Beat parried and dodged each of their attacks.

Edited by Beat

Atzo noted that Beat said Shield was a father. “So I was right” Atzo thought to himself “Shield is a father” It was nice to know that what he had seen Shield do in that cave was not fake. He wondered, however, if he ever changed his ways and stopped using his faces to determine personality if anyone would ever truly believe that he was no longer fake. Probably not. But that just meant that he needed to do it for himself. He watched a Beat attack the Wolves. They were very powerful, though Beat was strong as well. “Hey Beat, if I may ask, What drives you to want to complete this game?” Atzo asked, it was something that he knew everyone had a different reason for. Though he also didn't have one himself. If it wasn’t for this game he would have never been gifted the opportunity to attempt to break his manipulative habits.

Stats

Spoiler

Beat 500/500 HP | 50/50 Energy | -1 Eva | 14 DMG | 2 Bleed | 1 Keen | 3 Acc | Hate: 2

Atzo 160/160 HP | 16/16 Energy | 0 Eva | 1 Savvy | 1 Light Momentum | 6 DMG | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | Hate: 0

Frost Wolf 1: [174/270]

Frost Wolf 2: [174/270]

Frost Wolf 3: [174/270]

Frost Wolf 4: [174/270]

@Beat

Spoiler

ID# 78651: BD: 6 (2+3+1) MD: 9 (8+1)

Frost Wolf 1: [84/270]: 18 damage to Beat after mit and regen

Frost Wolf 2: [84/270]: 18 damage to Beat after mit and regen

Frost Wolf 3: [84/270]: 18 damage to Beat after mit and regen

Frost Wolf 4: [84/270]: 18 damage to Beat after mit and regen

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - Dmg: 16 (14+1) * 6 = 90

Beat [468/540] [31/54] -12 EP +1 EP

Concentration Cooldown: 1/5

Beat kept his focus on each of the cold enchanted canines, having felt the chill from the nearby jaws as he defended himself, knowing that a slip would be a harsh reminder of why he wasn't a true tank. He lit his leg up again and spun fast enough to whip up a snowy twister that lifted and tossed the wolves away. As they got back to their feet, Beat replied to Atzo. 

"Honestly? I really just want to be the strongest player in the game, but I suppose it is pretty messed up that Kayaba has trapped everyone here against their will. They have lives they are being robbed of and that doesn't sit well with me either." 

The wolves slowly began to rise back to their feet, coordinating their attack, "What about you? Why do you want out?" 

The wolves took advantage of Beat's lapse in concentration and managed to land a few claws and even a bite. Beat shook it off, noticing how little the pressure from each attack really was, though when you added their damage together, it wasn't not so insignificant. 

Edited by Beat

Atzo was observing beat as he attacked. The man knew what he was doing in that regard, He could swiftly take out most of the health of the enemies in less time than anyone else Atzo knew thus far. Though he didn’t want Beat to take all the glory for himself, Activating a sword art he hadn’t used before Atzo began to spin violently as cyclone took over slicing up the enemy. Beat had said that he wanted to be the strongest. But then he asked Atzo why he wanted to get out of this game. It was only fair, information for information. “I don't want to get out of this game” He said to Beat “If it wasn’t for this game I would never have started down the path of becoming a better person. And if I leave then I may never achieve that goal.” Atzo was being as sincere as he possibly could.

ID# 78827

Spoiler

battle 4+2=6  (Hit) [DMG=5*4=20 to frost wolf 1]

Sword art used: Cyclone (4 Energy)

stats

Spoiler

Beat 468/500 HP | 50/50 Energy | -1 Eva | 14 DMG | 2 Bleed | 1 Keen | 3 Acc | Hate: 2

Atzo 160/160 HP | 12/16 Energy | 0 Eva | 1 Savvy | 1 Light Momentum | 6 DMG | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | Hate: 0

Frost Wolf 1: [64/270]

Frost Wolf 2: [84/270]

Frost Wolf 3: [84/270]

Frost Wolf 4: [84/270]

Edited by Atzo
Spoiler

ID# 78840: BD: 8 (5+3)

Frost Wolf 1: [0/270]: Dead

Frost Wolf 2: [0/270]: Dead

Frost Wolf 3: [0/270]: Dead

Frost Wolf 4: [0/270]: Dead

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - Dmg: 15 (14+1) * 6 = 90

Beat [468/540] [20/54] -12 EP +1 EP

Concentration Cooldown: 2/5

Loot:

Loot Roll 1: ID#78840: LD: 4 (3+1) = no bonus = 810 Col

Loot Roll 2: ID# 78842: LD 17 (16+1) CD: 2 = X5 Bonus col (x8 total) = 2160 col

Loot Roll 3: ID# 78845: LD 11 (10+1) CD: 7 = 1 T1 Rare Armor + 810 col

Loot Roll 4: ID# 78846: LD 12 (11+1) CD: 1 = 1 T1 rare Weapon + 810 col

Total Loot: 

1 T1 Rare Weapon, 1 T1 Rare Armor, 4590 col

Beat smiled at Atzo leaped in and took his weapon to the head of one of the wolves. Beat could certainly understand the desire to get your hands dirty, even when someone was carrying you. He briefly thought back to the few times he and Shield had been carried through content that they had no right going through at the level they were at. 

"Okay, I think you wolves have bothered us enough." He said, smiling as he prepared his sword art, his left leg shining as a result. 

He waited for the canines to come closer before unleashing his attack, lifting his feet and letting himself drops before spinning, his heel crashing into the jowls of each wolf again. This time the enemies could not withstand the assault and they burst into red pixels. He shrugged as the rewards screen appeared before them. 

"Not bad. Those could be useful to you." 

He wiped a few beads of sweat from his brow and proceed to continue towards the quest marked that was leading them to the boss. He had nearly forgotten what they had been discussing in the heat of battle, but his memory did him a service and he turned his gaze to his traveling companion. 

"A better person? What do you mean exactly?" 

Edited by Beat

Atzo watched as Beat destroyed the wolves without a second thought. “What DO I mean?” he thought to himself before looking at the warrior. “I have a bad habit of manipulating people, I tend to see people as pawns, it was how I was raised. Until this game, I had never had anyone who cared about me or that I wanted to care about so that seemed like a valid way to live. But so much has changed since I joined. I have met so many people who I want to see live. I dont know how to handle that. I want to be a better person, I want to not be skeptical when I meet someone, I want to not look at people as disposable objects. I want to look at people like others look at me in this game. I want to know what it means to truly be happy, and in love and loved and excited. All things I have never felt. I want to be free of the prison my father stuck me in, i want to be free of my guilt. But, maybe that is impossible.”

@Beat

Spoiler

ID# 79103: LD: 21 (17+4) = 1 T1 mat found (1 total)

Beat's features softened as he listened to Atzo's story. He could somewhat relate to the man as he had felt similarly in the later years of his life. He understood the ability to disregard people as a whole and only worry about one's self, but he had once had a loving family and actually had a rich and fulfilling childhood early on, so he doubted he could claim the same situation that Atzo had. 

"I'm sorry to hear that your life hasn't always been easy." Beat said walking towards the fellow player and placing a hand on his shoulder, "But, it is wonderful that you have begun to learn the value of life and the people around you. I've learned to value life and not take it for granted myself thanks to this game, so on that level, we can certainly relate to one another." 

With a wide smile he turned back towards their objective, the marker on the map growing nearer. His eye catching a small metal helmet sticking out of the snow. He stooped down to pick it up and stashed it into his inventory after seeing that it was merely a material item. 

"This boss should be close, but it won't be a problem, so we should be able to get out of this cold soon enough." He said, eyeing his map eagerly. 

Edited by Beat

Atzo thought about Beats words, “How do you push past the world? For example, when people betray and manipulate you, how do you push past that to see the value in life?” it was something that Atzo hadn’t figured out yet, maybe Beat had. It was an entirely different experience talking to Beat than Shield, while they both were very thorough with their words and very thoughtful Beat was better at explaining things, gave more closure. “If the boss is close then let’s take care of it and get out of this cold. We can go grab a drink afterwards. I am eager to ask you more questions if you are willing to answer them.” It was nice to have people to talk to. Atzo smiled warmly, almost like an excited kid, at Beat. “is this what it’s like to have a father? Having someone to go to and ask questions without judgements?” He asked himself 

@Beat

Spoiler

ID# 79207: BD: 6

All Might - 15x1 - Dmg: 14 *15 = 210 

Avalanche [0/100]: Dead!

Beat: Beat [490/540] [5/54]

Beat pondered Atzo's first question before the suggestion to grab drinks afterwards was suggested. He had never had to deal with people in his real life that had done the things like what Atzo was describing. The thought that someone could betray someone in a life and death situation was unthinkable to Beat. He had a hard time understanding the evil that came from people's hearts so he felt like all he could do was give advice on how he believed he would handle it. He looked to his map, smiling and stopping his pace as they approached a large wall of ice. 

"Indeed. We will have time for such questions after I punch this doofus in the face." He said laughing as the giant ice monster pulled itself from the ice of the wall and ran towards them. 

Beat laughed as he watched the slow, towering behemoth, ready to end the fight in a single blow. HIs left fist shimmered with power as he leaped towards the practically unmissable target and put his fist through the creature, shattering it into pieces that eventually burst into red pixels. Beat landed softly in the snow and immediately turned around, walking back to Atzo and gesturing towards the settlement. 

"Easy enough, now, how about that drink eh? I'll have an answer for that question by the time we get there most likely." 

Edited by Beat

Beats power still amazed Atzo. The man could kill most things in a single hit, it was not everyday that you saw someone with such power and potential. Atzo noticed that his question seemed to trouble Beat, perhaps he was unaccustomed to what Atzo had been through. “I am more than happy to wait my friend” He said with a smile. As they walked back to the town. The cold was harsh but it was becoming more and more bearable. They had obtained an item from the beast, he examined it as they walked. “Can grant fire resistance eh? I feel like that is for a specific questions. Isn’t there a counter quest about a three headed beast?” it seemed fitting that the two quest would be very much intertwined. Fire and ice, Life and death, Damage and Protection. It seemed opposites attracted after all. Is that why he was so infatuated with Raina? Because of how opposite the two were.

@Beat

Spoiler

ID# 79299: LD: 18 (17+1) = 1 T1 Mat found (2 Total) 

Beat nodded as he looked at the potion they had gotten from the boss. It did seem like he had already done at least one of the quests that the potion would be particularly useful for, but there always events and floor bosses to consider. Those monsters were considerably stronger and had a variety of abilities that were often only revealed once they had been unleashed. 

"Well, I think I know the quest that this is probably for, but I think the better use for it would be for a floor boss or an event fight. Those vary greatly and often have unique and unpredictable abilities." He said, as he kept his gaze ahead, pleased to see the settlement lights through the snow. 

With the snow covering the ground it was impossible to see anything terribly well, but ass he set his left foot down, it hit something a little more solid than snow. Bending down to investigate, Beat uncovered a rune encrusted gem. It seemed much more interesting than a simple material, but he stashed it away all the same. 

Edited by Beat