[F15-PP] Witch of the West and the Three Treasures [Completed]

Spoiler

ID# 78893: LD: 22 (15+4+3) = Boss room found

Beat [560/560] [35/56] +1 EP Rest: 2/3

Placing Scarecrow's Brain in my Battle ready inventory. 

Spoiler

[1x] Scarecrow's Brain

[1x] Monkey Agility (+1 Eva for thread)

[1x] Basic Teleportation Crystal

[1x] Healing Crystal [ID#: 78290]: Heals 160 HP (Does not require Post action to use)

Power Bars [x3] (+6 EP)

Current Temporary Buffs: 

+6 dmg, +6 dmg/-3 Eva, +3 LD, +1 BD

Beat was still feeling the effects of the alcohol, but the Roast duck he had eaten had filled his stomach and sharpened his mind with its enhancement. The overall result was a tipsy but surprisingly aware and sure-footed Beat. As they walked into the castle, the Oz characters cowered as their nerves began to wear thin with the exception of Lion, who continued to shadow box and pump himself up while the other two hid behind him. The tall, vaulted hallways and gothic decor definitely played up the "evil lair" theme well, even if it was a bit cheesey. 

"Okay, let's see...if I was an evil bit-witch, where would I hang out?" He said, still swaying, but with solid footing most of the time. His question was almost answered as the sound of high-pitched cackling could be heard echoing through the empty halls. 

"Easy enough..." He said, shrugging as he began walking towards the annoying laughter, their footsteps echoing back through the halls no matter how quiet they tried to be. After ten minutes and a couple of wrong turns, they managed to follow the laughter to a room behind an enormous black iron door which was cracked open on one side. He looked to the group to make sure they were prepared, deferring to Shield's initiative with a sober enough nod to indicate that he was indeed ready.  

Edited by Beat
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

ID# 78918 results:

Shield HP: 680/680 - 34 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen
Combat Action: Focused Howl

<<Wicked Witch of the West>>, HP: 500/500, Dmg: 120, Mit: 100, Acc: 3, Eva: 2
 MOB: 1 + 3 = 4 - Miss

EXTRA:
Cowardly Lion: Roar

Shield Returned the nod, throwing the door open and stepping quickly, but cautiously inside.The room seemed to be a brewery for potions, with a cauldron and its fireplace dominating the raised platform where the witch stood. Her back was to them, though her classic pointed silk hat was more than enough of an indicator of who she was.

"G-g-give us back Dorothy!" stammered the scared Scarecrow.

"There's no rush, pretties," cackled the woman at the cauldron. "Tell me, would any of you care to join me for supper?"

"No," Shield answered shortly. "We're getting this over with."

He began to take a deep breath, but the witch turned around suddenly, tossing aside the paddle-like wooden spoon she had been using to stir. It clattered across the floor, a sickly green mist rising from the wood.

"I'm afraid I must insist!"

Darting behind the cauldron, the tipped it forward towards the party, sending a green, putrid miasma issuing into the air. The howl caught in Shield's throat as he choked on the sickly fumes. He couldn't move. His body was paralyzed as he found himself stuck in an intense coughing fit that overcame his body.

Beside him, he felt rather than saw the presence of another person, since he could not see through his own stinging eyes. Over the witch's continued cackles, he heard someone take a deep, painful breath before a roar shook the entire room. Glass bottles rattled on the shelves, wind whooshed past Shield's ears as the foul air was propelled from the room. Before he knew it, his coughing subsided, though his lungs still burned a little, and he could see enough through his tears to see the last of the Cowardly Lion's roar.

A stunned silence fell across the room before the witch, her body shaking with rage, let out a screech and charged forward. Pink bows sprang forth onto the outside of the lion's mane as the last of his 'courage' was depleted, and throwing his paws overhead, he let out a shriek of his own and fled from the room. In the chaos, Shield stepped in to intervene, using his own powerful lungs to focus an extra potent howl to pull the witch's aggro away from the lion.

"Hey, ugly!" he hooted at her, brandishing his axe. "That little pussy cat just lost all of his ferocity. Try me on for size!"

Taking his request at face value, she slashed with her long, sharp nails, though they deflected harmlessly off of his protective shield.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78910: BD: 6 (3+3+1+1-2)

Concentration and Charge Used

All Might - 15x1 - Dmg: 28 (14+6+6+2) * 15 = 420 - 100 = 320

Beat [560/560] [19/56] +1 EP | -17 EP 

Wicked Witch [180/500]

Beat struggled in futility against the paralytic effects of the soup as he coughed through the fumes, suddenly much more concerned about their chances of winning if she had this kind of an advantage.

"Crap...this is really bad!" He said through gritted teeth as he attempted to struggle. Try as he might, his body simply didn't respond and he stood there, unmoving and helpless. 

The second Lion roared, he felt the strength in his body return to almost more than it had been before, the toxic fumes from the soup no longer having any hold over him. He figured the effect had been more magical than chemical. 

"Alright you witch with a B, I'm gonna put your teeth down your throat!" 

Dashing through the soup, Beat charged forward at great speed, his fist shimmering as he neared his target. The witch attempted to evade by juming off to the side, but Beat's free hand grabbed hold of her flailing arm and pulled her back. Beat's fist crashed into his target's green face, sending her rocketing to the far wall of the large room, cratering the wall.

"Hmm, one more I guess. Not too bad witch." 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78921 results:

Shield HP: 680/680 - 34 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen
Battle: 6

MOB: 10 + 3 = 13 - Hit! - 120 + 2 = 122 - 111 dmg - 54 regen = 0 dmg, Paralysis gaze!

In the wake of Beat's onslaught, Shield darted past him, hoping to catch the witch off guard before she had a chance to recover, but as he drew abreast with her and slashed with his weapon she sprang to the side on all fours, raking him with her claws to no effect and then glaring up at him where she landed.

Her eyes began to glow a sickly, rotten green with a bright, piercing intensity. In his pocket, Shield felt something vibrate. This was odd for a couple of reasons, the first being that he didn't really have pockets. That wasn't how storage worked in SAO, and yet there it was. A pocket in his greaves that hummed with a sort of energy. A faint golden glow issued forth from the pocket, and he was about to mention something to Beat, but as he looked over, the same thing was happening to him.

"The heart? And the brain?" he asked aloud, though there was no mistaking it.

The witch looked back and forth between the two of them in disbelief. Her shock melted away into rage as deep lines of anger surrounded her eyes.

"How do you two keep avoiding my magic!?"

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78920: BD: 5 (2+3+1+1-2) 

MIss

Beat [560/560] [18/56] +1 EP | -2 EP 

Wicked Witch [180/500]

The brain in his inventory made its presence known as the witch attempted another does of magic, this time negated by the other items they had collected in the quests leading up to this battle. Beat shook his head and gave her an arrogant smile. 

"Cuz you suck dawg." He said, shrugging as he began to walk towards her. 

Charging his fist once again, he ran towards her and readied himself for her futile attempt at evasion, but this time, she was smarter. Her eyes shimmered as his fist closed in, stopping his fist dead in its tracks as Beat felt like he had punched a wall. It had not hurt, but his desire to end the conflict as quickly as possible had been denied. The shock wave from the collision caused both of them to recoil violently. 

"Heh, see what happens when you use the magic that doesn't suck?" he said, his morale unfettered by her momentary success. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78922 results:

Battle: 3 - 2 = 1 - Miss

MOB: 2 + 3 = 5 - Miss

Not wanting to let up the pressure, Shield surged forward again, sweeping across his body back and forth with his weapon. The witch, finally back in her element, danced and spun out of the way of each swipe as if it were nothing, cackling the whole way.

"You're going to have to be quicker than that to hit me," taunted the green-faced foe as she ducked another swipe from Shield's axe. "Both of you!"

As Shield continued to press the attack, he stepped along the platform one step at a time, but as he wound up for a paticularly powerful strike, he stepped and his foot hit air, falling well past where he thought the ground was. Glancing down, he saw that the witch had backed her way off of the platform but was hovering midair. Her deception had worked, and he had completely missed that there was a step down. He sprawled onto the ground. As he fell, he felt her claws miss his face by less than an inch, actually severing little bits of hair that drifted away as he fell.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78923: BD: 6 (3+3+1+1-2)

All Might - 15x1 - Dmg: 26 (14+6+6) * 15 = 390 - 100 = 290

Beat [560/560] [2/56] +1 EP | -17 EP 

Wicked Witch [0/500] Dead

Beat followed the action closely as the Witch managed to trick Shield into falling off of the platform, as she made her swing at him, Beat sprung. He leaped through the air as his fist pulsed with power, closing too quickly for the witch to react properly. Despite the dire situation, the witch began to move away, hoping to pull off a last minute defense. 

"Too late witch! Your terror ends NOW!" 

The witch could only watch as Beat's fist collided with her face, blowing her nose clean off before he flew backwards and exploded into a shower of red pixels, screaming and flailing as she did so, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Beat landed softly and watched the after math of his attack before walking over to Shield and offering him a hand up, "She was a clever enemy, just not strong enough for the two of us. My buffs helped a lot though I suppose." 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78926 results: Loot: 18 + 4 = 22 - +1 Material (4 total)

Shield waved the other player's hand away, pushing himself up onto his feet and dusting off.

"No offense, but I don't even know how you're standing upright on your own, let alone with my weight in the mix."

At this point, the three NPC's came bustling into the room, clapping straw hands, metalic hands, and paws onto the two backs of the adventurers while a small dog hopped and yipped excitedly around their ankles. Congratulations were offered all around before a question floated to the surface.

"But where's Dorothy?" asked Scarecrow in his mercurial tone. 

"I-" Shield began, but realized that he had no real response. "I have no idea."

He wandered around the room, looking for solutions to the dilemma. On one of the nearby shelves, he spotted a crystal ball.

Might as well try it.

Taking down the sphere, he looked deep into it, holding the question of Dorothy's location in his mind. The Oz gang gathered around him, looking over his shoulder. It might have been quite a dramatic moment, if anything had happened that is. In the end, Shield just realized that it had an item tag and stored it in his inventory. He cleared his throat and continued to look around for clues.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78927: LD: 17 (10+7) = 1 T2 Mat found (5 total)

Rest: 1/3

Beat laughed as he took a staggered step backwards as his equilibrium shifted. It was true that he had no business helping anyone to their feet, but he had grown somewhat used to it.

"I have to get used to this feeling. As much of a hinderance as it is...*hic*...the damage increase is astounding. Totally worth it." He said, his speech a little clearer than it had been before. 

He was somewhat serious about practicing with the feeling. He had consumed small amounts of light alcohol before, but never this strong or this quantity. Still, his destructive power right now was over double what he was normally capable of, so he was definitely enjoying himself. He joined Shield as they searched the room, going through the dresser and a set of drawers, finding an odd, black lace piece of lingerie that had a material tag. He grimaced as he stashed it away. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78979 results: Loot: 20 + 4 = 24 - +1 Material (5 total)

As much as Shield would have expected the next piece of the puzzle to be found in the boss room, which is essentially what this was, whatever clue or McGuffin they were searching for was not forthcoming. He turned over a set of scales and found a heavy silver coin, which was apparently a craftable material given its effect on his Seeking Aura earring. Still, it did not seem to have any specific other purpose, so he stashed it with the other items he had collected.

"I mean, is there something in the quest log that I'm missing?" Shield asked, scratching his head. "Usually, relevant items or clues drop as soon as you kill the boss that guarded them."

He pushed a few items aside on one of the many shelves, making a face as he noticed the various organs and eyeballs that occupied the containers.

"Did they pull a 'your princess is in another castle' on us?"

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78980: LD: 24 (17+7) = 1 T2 Mat found (6 total) 

Rest: 2/3

Equipping Finder's Keeper (+1 S&D)

Now this reference Beat actually understood. He laughed as he opened up a small chest, hoping to find something of use as he practically dove in.  

"Now, I know this is a video game, but in this case, I don't think I would appreciate that." He said from inside the chest, his head deep inside the sizable treasure trove. 

After several moments of digging, he came up, a small prism in his hand that seemed to serve no purpose other that to add to his inventory of items. He happily stashed it as he closed the chest of otherwise worthless objects and made his way over to Shield before speaking again. 

"You know, I can't say I'm surprised the girl isn't right here. This place is huge, so I'm sure there is a locked room in a tower or a dungeon of some sort. I can't think of worse places to keep someone prisoner." 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78981 results: Loot: 4 + 4 = 8 - No materials (5 total)

"Come to think of it," Shield thought aloud, resting his scarred cheek in his hand as he retraced their steps. "We came almost directly to the boss room once we came inside. There were no other encounters."

The Oz characters looked at one another and nodded enthusiastically, the bows in the lion's mane waggling with vigor as he stroked the little dog that he held in his arms.

"So I guess that means searching elsewhere," he concluded, shrugging his shoulders and making for the door. "We just happened to find the exact path without any traps, pitfalls, or ambushes along the way."

He stepped out into the hall, which ran perpendicular to the direction that the exit faced, and turned the opposite direction from which they had come. The halls, though far from cheerful in appearance, seemed much less menacing with the knowledge that the mistress was no longer lurking somewhere out of sight.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78983: LD: 28 (20+7+1) = 1 T2 mat found (7 total) 

Rest: 3/3 EP FULL!

Beat scratched his chin as Shield made a significant point. They really had encountered no resistance since they had been inside the castle, with the exception of the witch of course. 

"Yeah, I guess we really haven't seen anything else throughout the whole castle. Holy crap!" He slapped his hand against his forehead he suddenly understood the daunting task ahead of them, "We could be here a while..." 

Beat blew his cheeks out as he released a deep breath, his eyes keeping a hazy eye out for trouble, finding an extinguished candle resting in a mantle on the wall. He came close to passing it by, but the presence of an item tag just as he was about to ignore the common oddity caused him to remove the candle from it's resting place and add it to his inventory. 

"I wonder what else she keeps in here besides were-panther...things..." He said, the alcohol still clouding his thought processes. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78984 results:

Shield HP: 680/680 - 34 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen - Hate: 3 (All)
Combat action: Howl

Winkie Guard 1 - HP: 312/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3
Winkie Guard 2 - HP: 312/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3
Winkie Guard 3 - HP: 312/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3
Winkie Guard 4 - HP: 312/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3
MOB: 6 + 3 = 9 - Hit! 120 dmg - 111 mit - 54 regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 28 dmg

With the task at hand decided, Shield led the odd band of travelers down the winding halls of the castle. He tried to have some semblance of reason to his navigation, but there were so many intersecting passageways that always turning to the left actually brought them full circle back to the boss room. He changed tack, deciding to alternate left and right hand turns until they found the edge of the castle and then just make an inward spiral.

As they came to their first outside window, the sound of tromping feet began to echo down the stone masonry of the castle. Shield glanced around, but it was impossible to tell which direction they came from. Finally, as he peered down to the end of the nearest hallway, a party of four guards, their heads decked with tall, fur-lined ceremonial hats and their hands grasping bright, shining halberds, rounded the corner in formation. As the patrol spotted the intruders, they broke into a rhythmic run, charging at the front runner with their pole arms. Taking a deep breath, Shield was just about to send a booming challenge their way, when the Scarecrow cried out in fear.

"Oh, horror! Winkies!"

The battle cry turned instead into the question that immediately rose to the front of his mind. 

"What the hell are winkies!?"

The guards stabbed their halberds into Shield, but as they did so, their own health bars diminished somewhat.

"They're the inhabitants of this region," answered the Tin Man. "They follow the witch's orders out of fear!"

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78985: BD: 9 (5+4)

Charge used

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - Dmg: 28 * 6 = 168

Beat [560/560] [44/56]

Winkie Guard 1 - HP: 144/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3
Winkie Guard 2 - HP: 144/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3
Winkie Guard 3 - HP: 144/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3
Winkie Guard 4 - HP: 144/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3

Beat's cheeks puffed out as he fought to stop himself from spiraling into another fit of giggles. He managed to stave off a full blown laughing fit, but he was eventually forced to release the pressure as he screamed at scarecrow, startling him as he did so. 

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!? WINKIES!?" 

Beat laughed steadily as he charged forward and performed his signature tornado kick, the twister's intensity poorly reflecting Beat's jovial mood. The winkies seemed stunned as they were thrown back and into the walls of the wide hallways. They had never faced such resistance before and looked understandably shocked as a result. 

"No wonder the witch wants you dead! Your power is great, though nothing compared to hers!" Said one of the winkies as they all started to struggle to their feet. 

Beat cackled as he brandished his fist at the brave winky, "You sure about that? You sure I didn't just knock he nose off of her stupid face?"

This threat seemed to worry the winkies as they approached the party's tank once again. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 78986 results:

Shield HP: 680/680 - 34 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen - Hate: 4 (1), 3 (2-4)
Battle: 7 - Hit guard 1! - 3 dmg

Winkie Guard 1 - HP: 113/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3
Winkie Guard 2 - HP: 116/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3
Winkie Guard 3 - HP: 116/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3
Winkie Guard 4 - HP: 116/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3
 MOB: 6 + 3 = 9 - Hit! - 120 dmg - 111 mit - 54 regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 28 dmg

"Weren't these the guys in the movie who sang 'Ding-dong, the witch is dead?'" Shield grumbled. "I guess once they're aggro'ed, they're aggro'ed, but still."

He took a swipe at the nearest guard, managing to catch him in the shoulder, but failing to inflict any bleed effects.

Well, they likely won't live long enough to do any bleeding anyways.

The guards regained their feet, advancing with their halberds out once again. They shoved the blades more cautious;y into Shield, but encountered the same results as the first time, their now significantly reduced health suffering even further loss.

"Well, good thing we're about to erase these little plot holes, huh?" he said to Beat, realizing after the fact that joking might risk sending him into another fit of giggles.

Gotta be mare careful than that. Until Beat learns to hold his liquor a little better, he's a bit of a loose cannon out there. He's done alright so far, but I don't want to push our luck.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78988: BD: 11 (8+3) 

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - Dmg: 26 * 6 = 156 + 24 bleed/rnd for 2 rnds.

Beat [560/560] [33/56]

Winkie Guard 1 - HP: 0/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3   [Dead]
Winkie Guard 2 - HP: 0/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3   [Dead]
Winkie Guard 3 - HP: 0/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3   [Dead]
Winkie Guard 4 - HP: 0/340 - 120 dmg - Acc: 3   [Dead]

Loot

Loot Roll 1: ID#78988- LD:24 (16+7+1) CD: 9 = Perfect T2 Consumable + 1020 col

Loot Roll 2: ID#78989- LD:21 (13+7+1) CD: 6 = Perfect T2 Armor + 1020 col

Loot Roll 3: ID#78990- LD:13 (5+7+1) CD: 2 = Rare Weapon + 1020 col

Loot Roll 4: ID#78991- LD:19 (11+7+1) CD: 1 = X7 bonus col (x10 total) = 3400 col

Total Loot:

[1x] Perfect T2 Consumable

[1x] Perfect T2 Armor

[1x] Rare T2 Weapon

6460 col

Beat snickered as he danced on the balls of his feet, some his coordination returning, though he could tell that his reflexes were still significantly hindered.

“Well, if I recall the movie correctly, we’ve kind of rewriting a lot of things right now.” He said his leg shining once again as he prepared to put the comical soldiers out of their misery.

“For instance…” he ran towards the group of soldiers and whipped up another twister that shredded them to red, pixelated pieces, “Those guys aren’t supposed to die. Hehehe”

He happily read the spoils screen that came up from their battle as more marching footsteps could be heard through the halls. Clearly, their fight had attracted the attention of more than just the four soldiers they had just dispatched.

“Considering easily sound carries, I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. Let’s deal with these guys so we’re not running from them the whole time we search.”

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 79014 results: Loot: 16 + 4 = 20 - +1 Material (6 total)

Shield shrugged, not having any better suggestions for the time being. He took a moment though to swap to his searching gear, since they weren't engaged in combat and nobody was directly in line of sight on the long hallway. If nothing else, it might help them find a hidden passage if Dorothy was being held nearby. He frowned as he checked his inventory.

"Hey, Beat?" he said, glancing back over his shoulder. "You still have my skill trinket, right? Might be helpful right about now, since we're not farming drops."

Even before he had time to push the subject further, his Seeking Aura earring began to glow. He looked around, spotting a wall bracket with a burning oil candle. The bottom held a flask that stored the amber fuel, and as luck would have it, it seemed to be listed as an alchemic reagent. He picked up the item and banished it to his inventory.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 79013: LD: 27 (20+7) = 1 T2 mat found (8 Total)

- Finder's Keeper

“Hm? Oh, yeah sure.” Beat fumbled with his menu and quickly unequipped the borrowed item and sent it back to its rightful owner. With his food giving him an increase in luck, it made sense to keep some of the bonuses they had available evenly distributed across the party. 

"There you go." He said closing the window as his loot finding ring began to vibrate as it always did when it detected a valuable item nearby. It took some looking around the poorly lit floor, but he eventually found a blackened, copper coin that appeared to be related to the Oz story somehow. He held it out to the three Ozians. 

"Look familiar at all?" He said to them, receiving a couple of confused looks and some muttering. Beat scoffed as he stashed the coin in his inventory and continued to look down the hall, wondering how far away their opposition really was. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 79015 results: Loot: 7 + 5 = 12 - No dungeon

Even as Shield had equipped the item, there came a slamming of a nearby door and a fresh set of footsteps getting louder down the corridor.

"Never mind!" he called out, swapping out for his battle gear and transferring the item back to Beat. "Change tack! Sounds like someone heard us and we've got inbound."

Down at the far end of the hall, in the direction they had been running before they encountered the last group of winkie guards, a fresh troop of four full-uniformed guards trotted past the hall and out of sight, though one poked his head back around the corner. There came a confused call as he chased down his companions to alert them of the intruders.

"Yup. So much for going unnoticed!" Shield called out to Beat. "Get ready! We're about to have some company!"

The classic childhood characters huddled behind the adventurers, their knees all knocking together, though two sets of them were much quieter than the third metallic set.

Edited by Shield