[OP-F1 A New Life] COMPLETE

Now knowing that he is incapable of leaving Aincrad by logging out, Vigilon was terrified, and he began looking for a place where he could clear his head. "No, this can't be happening! It's all just a nightmare or something. Am... Am I really...? He sat down with his back to a building, with his hands on his head. He began to contemplate on the situation, trying to get a grip on his current position. After an hour or more, he stood up with his head looking down. "Perhaps, as long as I'm in here, Alex...is dead, and there's just Vigilon... But I still can't grasp this, it's unbearable!" He walked over to a bench and sat down, and began to think of the family he may never see again, and the green fields by the river that never left his memory. He wondered if he would ever see them again, or if he would fail to survive. "I guess...it's a new life... A new purpose... But what should I do?"

Edited by Vigilon

Itzal was walking through the first floor looking for a good place to eat.  Velnia's stomach had been growling for who knows how long now, and now it was becoming contagious, making Itzal hungry.  He walked through the town, looking for places they hadn't tried yet.  Unless your restaurant had foods from all cultures, Itzal was most likely going to be hopping from one place to another.  He was wearing his twilight cloak and Velnia sat on his shoulder.  His sword lay on his left hip but was undrawn.  Itzal hummed a tune as he calmly looked for somewhere to eat, while Velnia was struggling to stay put.  She was much more hyper when she was hungry.  "So Velnia, what should we try today?  Japanese?  Chinese?  Britain?  France?  Spanish?  American?"  He'd been trying to have a taste of everything since Kasier had shown him what it was like to try new foods.  Then both of them laid their eyes on an ice cream stand.  Itzal chuckled.  "After dinner Velnia.  Not before."  As he walked he noticed a player on a bench.  He seemed extremely depressed and terrified.  Itzal knew that look anywhere.  He gave Velnia a glance who rolled her eyes, as if to say:  'Ugh, fine.  Dinner can wait.'  Itzal smiled and sat down beside the player, pulling out a piece of bread.  "You look like you could use some food.  And company."

@Vigilon

Vigilon looked Itzal directly in the eye, as if to see whether he just wanted to help, or if he didn't like seeing others in a pitiful state. It didn't take long at all for Vigilon to consider him a possible future friend or ally, and smiled, thinking that perhaps there was some hope after all. "I ain't got squat, so I guess I could use all the help I can get." He got up from the bench and found himself without a clue as to what he would think of. Eat? Talk? Train? One of these was definitely necessary. He noticed the small creature on Itzal's shoulder, and he found himself jumping to a compliment. "Nice dragon you have there!" Immediately he forced his thoughts to the necessities, for he considered it rude to just spontaneously comment at random times. Then he noticed his stomach was growling. Training would have to wait. "Erm, so... Sure, I guess I'll come with you for now."

@Itzal

Itzal chuckled at his first comment and nodded.  "Yeah, I remember those days.  Took a lot of effort to get on my feet.  Friends too.  Soloing is very dangerous when you're at low levels."  At the player's comment Velnia would glance at the player and decided to check him out...  Like she usually did.  She took flight and hovered directly in front of the player's face.  Her red eyes stared into his amber ones for a while.  Soon enough she decided she liked him and grinned.  She landed on his torso and ran all over his body, every inch at lightning speed.  When she stopped she was on his left shoulder and she licked his cheek.  Itzal chuckled again.  "This is Velnia, who clearly likes you.  My name is Itzal, nice to meet you."  Not too long after his second comment his stomach growled and he mentioned how he'd go with Itzal.  Itzal laughed at this point cheerfully.  "Sure no problem!  Pick out a place, foods on me.  Velnia and I couldn't decide where to go today so I guess you'll be the tie breaker.  How's that sound?"

@Vigilon

Vigilon's eyes were never before as wide as they were when the small dragon stared at them. Upon Itzal's response, he was faced with another choice. "Figures, another choice." After his thought, Vigilon responded with, "If I had just one Col, I'd flip that coin to decide either Japanese or American." Vigilon hoped that would be enough for the decision. For a guy who was intelligent, he certainly wasn't very good at making immediate responses. Obviously, he hadn't memorized the town he was in, otherwise he would be naming a specific place. Despite all of that, he believed Itzal was very kind, and wouldn't mind the half-answer he was given. Vigilon wondered if he would be trying something new, or if he would be sitting down to some comfort foods. Either way, he would pretty much be starting out with someone he never knew for an ally. On that note, Vigilon waited for the response to his reply, and he was confident that he could work with any answer given(That is, since he was feeling hopeful).

@Itzal

Itzal chuckled at the comment of flipping a coin.  He nodded.  "Alright then how about Japanese?  That's very familiar to me after all."  Itzal looked American and, to an extent he was.  Or at least, he was born in America.  However since he was extremely little he'd lived in and been raised in Japan.  He loved his adopted sister and parents and, to be honest, didn't know much about America at all.  The only American food he'd tried was in the game itself.  Trying new foods was fun, but it was also nice to have something one is familiar with.  He stood up and led the player to a good Japanese place to eat.  As they got a table Itzal looked at the player.  Itzal took note that the player hadn't given his name yet.  He wouldn't pry however, as it was the player's decision as to if he'd share that information with Itzal.  The waitress came by and Itzal smiled.  "I'll have the Gyudon if you please.  And if you don't know any of the Japanese foods I'd suggest you try it too.  It's really good."  The Waitress smiled and nodded and turned to Vigilon.  After taking their orders she was about to leave when Velnia jumped on her, startling the waitress.  "Oh yeah, I'll have two actually."  The waitress smiled and nodded, moving to the counter without Velnia being a nuisance.

@Vigilon

Vigilon knew he would be in this game for a while, so he didn't really care whether he tried something new or not. If it helped him survive, how could he say no? After all, it would be a rather kind thing to do by trying new things, especially since this game gave him the chance to expand his palette. With all the eagerness to try something new, and with him wondering what he should order, he realized he'd forgotten something. "Argh, where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself!" He held out his hand in greetings. "I'm Vigilon. It's nice to meet you, Itzal." He decided on having the Gyudon like Itzal recommended. Then he thought of his experience walking with a dragon zig-zagging all over his body. "By the way, is Velnia always that excited?" Vigilon remembered having a hard time trying to walk when Velnia was scuttling all over him. He decided to relax and perhaps get to know this Itzal.

@Itzal

Edited by Vigilon
Forgot to direct post to Itzal

The waitress wrote down his order and went to go inform the cook.  When Vigilon introduced himself Itzal smiled and shook his hand.  "Nice to meet you Vigilon!"  The first thing he thought of after hearing the name was the word vigilance.  He wondered if this was on purpose.  Itzal heard his question and chuckled.  "Dude, she's the most hyper animal I've ever laid eyes on.  Imagine a kitten, a puppy, and a squirrel all wrapped up in one.  And then add dragon traits of scales, fighting instincts, and then add the fact that she can shoot lightning bolts from her maw and then you've got Velnia.  Oh yeah, and she never stops eating.  like, if she wanted to, she could eat something the size of a mountain...  And still be hungry.  How she does it I still have no idea.  In fact I gave up on it and just decided to roll with it."  When he finished the food arrived.  Itzal smiled and thanked the waitress, paying for the food.  "Alright then.  di-"  Velnia was halfway in her bowl by the time he said that, and both players could very clearly hear the 'nom nom nom' sound.  Itzal chuckled.  "Well, you get the idea."

Spoiler

Gyudon.jpg.7639575b99236c83d5a87a1ea49c7672.jpg

Vigilon chuckled at Itzal's remark about Velnia, and he dug in to his own bowl, thinking he should start on it before Velnia did. "Wow, this stuff is certainly better than it looks!" He wondered if it will actually be this easy to make friends throughout the game. As he finished his bowl, he began thinking of get-to-know-you questions he could ask. Instead, he decided to see if his current method of getting by would help him start off, but he would attempt to ask in a subtle manner. "So Itzal, how did you start off?" Vigilon already knew what his next question would be. "Is it a good idea to gather some allies before going anywhere?" Vigilon hoped this would help him start off, not to mention he wasn't very good at getting to know someone. He began wondering which build to use for himself, and awaited Itzal's answer with patience.

@Itzal

Edited by Vigilon
Forgot to direct post to Itzal, again. (Making a habit out of this)

Itzal chuckled at Vigilon's comment on the food and nodded as he took a bite of his own bowl.  "Lot's of people, especially American's, tend to judge food before they've even tried it.  I'm glad to hear that you're not one of those."  As he ate he heard Vigilon ask for advice, starting by asking how Itzal had started off.  He swallowed before replying.  "Well when I first started off I had no friends.  Then I ran into another player, quite literally might I add, and he and I started working together.  He introduced me to another player, and then we started traveling together.  At first I'd go out and solo train though, I don't recommend that.  Especially since monsters have grown a lot stronger since then.  Even if they hadn't been updated, it's never a good idea to solo during the low levels.  My suggestion?  If you want to solo, go do some gathering.  Materials are used for crafting and purchasing things, so you can never have too many of them."  He took another bite of his food.

@Vigilon

Vigilon thought for a minute, and decided to search for materials the next morning. For now, he would remain with Itzal, and maybe he might encounter someone else while in town. After all, he believed that he would need someone to go gathering with him, and that monsters could be anywhere not within the walls. Vigilon disliked picking fights he couldn't win. "Hmmm.... What are some good places to start searching?" He began considering how he might gather with little issue, perhaps alongside another future friend, but he didn't mind if Itzal came with him. but what to gather was the next question on his mind. Herbs? Ore? Other things? Not that he knew what materials were out there, he definitely agreed with Itzal in the fact that he would need them. "I guess we just walk around town for a bit after this?" To Vigilon, It didn't matter whether he would befriend Itzal or not. He just needed some allies and materials!

@Itzal

Itzal took a few more bites of his food before chuckling again.  "Well until you've chosen a profession, you don't need materials for anything save for purchasing.  Which means that really you can gather materials anywhere you want.  Though I've learned that materials can be anywhere really."  As he spoke the waitress walked by an nearly tripped, four small herbs falling onto the table.  If she were a table he would have given them back to her, but she was an npc.  He smiled.  "See what I mean?  Materials are easy to find once you've trained yourself right.  Here, you can have two of them."  He handed two of the herbs to Vigilon while he opened his own menu and inserted the other two in his inventory.  He took another two bites before Vigilon suggested going outside and walking around town.  Itzal nodded but held his hand up until he could speak again.  "I have no problem with that, but don't rush food.  You want to savor it so you can learn to enjo-"  He was interrupted by a burp and looked at Velnia.  She looked between the two players and her empty bowl, grinning shyly.

ID#  80781  LD:  19  4 MAT found (gatherer)

@Vigilon

Edited by Itzal

Vigilon smiled and took the two herbs, and stashed them in his inventory for now. He soon settled down in his seat, his bowl empty, and saw that Itzal hadn't finished his food. He decided to think of things to talk about while waiting for Itzal to finish, like he often did when others seemed to be taking a while. "Not sure where to start, but I think there should be a meadow somewhere where I can practice gathering materials, but maybe I should ask Itzal to come with me. After all, there may be monsters lying in wait for me to just walk near their hiding places, where they can strike me down with ease." He thought of a time when he and Itzal could meet up the next day. "I guess I could go gathering in the meadow tomorrow morning. Is it alright if you could come with me?" He wondered if between now and the next morning he might encounter someone before finding a place to stay.

@Itzal

OOC- No reactions to Velnia's shenanigans?  ;-;

Itzal worked on his food while Vigilon thought.  It was fairly clear that he was thinking.  Being a scout one of the things he practiced was reading other people.  Itzal listened to the player as he finished his food, hearing how Vigilon wanted to go gather materials in the meadow the next morning.  Then he asked if Itzal wanted to join him.  Itzal smiled and nodded to him.  "Yeah I'd love to.  It also helps that I'm a scout.  Materials are extremely easy for me to find, players too.  Anyone in hiding will be easy for me to spot, so we don't need to worry about players trying to shadow us, or sneak attacks.  Maybe I can find a dungeon while I'm at it.  I've become so good I can find dungeons on the lower floors now.  Although these dungeons seem different.  I think only those who find them can go through them."  He finished up his meal and stood up.  "Well then, how about I show you around?  This town is extremely huge, but there's a few good spots nearby us so we shouldn't have to walk too far."

@Vigilon

Vigilon smiled and nodded. "Thanks, it's nice to know that there's someone I can trust, and that someone is willing to help out another." Vigilon got up, and began to follow Itzal. He wondered if his life would be significantly more "active" if he owned a familiar of his own. Whether or not he would die or live was up to his decisions from now on, and anything is possible. Vigilon began paying attention to what the town looked like, but he remembered little of it since he was also thinking about what he should do with the materials he gathered. "Hey, Itzal, I was wondering, what should I do with materials I find that I can't be used for my future profession?" As he waited for a response, he wondered what he could say to the possible replies... Then again, he also wondered if Velnia would be making any more shenanigans.

@Itzal

I was walking down the darkened streets of the Town of Beginnings, occasionally chatting with some of the Various NPC street vendors, stopping at one point to buy some goldfish bread , a type of fish-shaped bread that was filled with Sweet Bean paste, similar to Taiyaki, something my mother constantly made for patients at our hospital. I also took the time to chat with a few players, noticing that more and more of the lower-leveled players were starting to venture out and Explore the floors of Aincrad, which now numbered to around 20 in the amount that you could explore, so we still had 80 more floors until we were freed from this prison. Thanks to a few of my friends, I knew some of the things that happened in the front lines, but not much since I was focusing on staying on the lower floors and trying to get my level up. I passed by a familiar restaurant, it sold mostly food from Japan, though it did sell some american foods. I'd eaten there a few times, but I didn't really like the taste. I noticed a familiar face sitting with who seemed to be another rookie player... it was Itzal, who I hadn't seen since the Valentines day dance. I grinned after I noticed this and, after placing the bag of Goldfish Bread in my inventory, I walked inside the Restaurant. "Good evening, miss. How may I help you today?" The NPC hostess greeted me with a smile, and I smiled back. "I'm here to talk to a friend... Oh! That's him now! It's been a little while, Itzal... How are you doing? and who's your new friend? I have't really seen him around the town of beginnings before..."

<Picture of the goldfish Bread>

Spoiler

Image result for Taiyaki

Edited by tricolor_mina

As Vigilon got up, ready to start walking around the town, he noticed a player at the entrance of the building. When she asked who he was, he responded with, "I'm Vigilon. Nice to meet you!" To Vigilon, it seemed that an encounter with someone else came sooner than he expected, but at least it still counts. He said to Itzal softly, "She a friend of yours?" and began wondering if he was really going to start off well, because it really seemed like it. Then some thoughts struck him, and he dwelled on them. "Right, so tomorrow I gather materials, but when that's done, what else should I do? Should I find my talent, set up shop and earn some Col? Should I take on a simple quest? the possibilities of tomorrow seem promising..."  He stored those thoughts in his head for now, and decided to not just introduce himself to the player, but actually get to know her or something.

@tricolor_mina

@Itzal

"Na, Naa... Your name is Vigilon? It's very nice to meet you!" It was always interesting to run into newer faces, and trying to make newer friends was always on my to-do list. " Na, Naa~! It's nice to meet you! My name is Tricolor_Mina~! If you'd like, feel free to call me Violet or Mina as well, whichever you prefer~!"  "Hyaaorruu~!" My familiar flew over to Vigilon, and after a moment of flitting around, Akame decided to settle for using his shoulder as a napping spot. "Na, Naa... It looks like Akame's already taken a liking to you! Hahaha~!" I opened my inventory, and I pulled out the bag of goldfish bread. I grasped Vigilon's hand, and placed one in it, repeating the process with Itzal. "Try this~! I found a NPC vendor selling Goldfish Bread outside! It makes me glad that they're selling alot of good-tasting sweets in this world~! It's just normal bread with Anko in it, and it's super sweet!" I grabbed the remaining two out of the bag, and broke one of them, offering part of it to Velnia, the bag already having shattered after the last one was removed. " Na, Naa~! I didn't forget you Velnia~! You get to try it too!" I munched on the remaining one happily, taking a mental note of the NPC's name in case I wanted some Goldfish Bread again.

@Itzal

@Vigilon

Edited by tricolor_mina

Vigilon was not used to getting his hand grabbed, but the Goldfish Bread was very sweet. He thought about the familiar on his shoulder, and decided that it is significantly easier to have a calm familiar resting on his shoulder than a hyper one moving all over his body. It didn't matter to him that this was the second player he met who owned a familiar, he began considering having one of his own. The Town Of Beginnings was surely given it's name for a reason. Thinking he was off to a good start, he believed that he might stick around these two for a while. He looked at Itzal. "So, what do you think we should do now?" As he spoke, he began thinking, "Will this be a mistake I regret later, or will this be a great start to my time in this virtual prison?" Then he just smiled, deciding to think a little more on the positive side for the time being.

@Itzal

@tricolor_mina

Edited by Vigilon
a word was misspelled

Itzal heard the door open before they reached it and turned to see an old friend.  He smiled and waved as she greeted him.  "Hey Mina!  Yeah it's been a while!  Oh, this is-"  Before he could introduce Vigilon, the player introduced himself.  When Vigilon asked Itzal if she was his friend he chuckled.  "Yeah.  The way we first met was a little....  Awkward but eh.  We're good friends regardless."  When Mina pulled out bread and handed it to the two players, Velnia's head popped up instantly.  Itzal rolled his eyes.  He was hoping Velnia would be 'satisfied' after the meal, but now she'd be looking for food everywhere.  Oh well he thought.  He took a bite and nodded.  "Yeah your right, this is good."  Then she offered it to Velnia, to which Itzal inwardly groaned, and the familiar ate it in half a second.  World record he thought.  Then Velnia landed on Vigilon's head, poking her head over the side to view Aky.  When she did she grinned playfully, her tail beginning to move like a cat's would when it was pleased.  Itzal looked at the two players.  "Let's uh, go for a walk.  We want to take those two dragon's outside before we make another scene.  Or rather, before Velnia makes another scene." 

@tricolor_mina @Vigilon