[SP-F1 Flowerbed Shenanigans] COMPLETE

The Town Of Beginnings was certainly large last time Vigilon took notice of the details. If he could come across two flowerbeds by walking a short-ish distance, he could attempt to scour a good section of the town for materials, thinking the daylight might expose some things he didn't notice before. If he was going for DPS and Scout, he would need to start doing things that both DPS and Scouts practice, although he would need to figure out which one will be more dominant and to his style. "Perhaps I should start with just a quarter of the town, then add any fraction of the town to my plan, should there be time. After all, I should do some questing later, I will eventually need to anyway." This time he would be searching alone, giving him time to make plans for tomorrow. If it was a material he found, he might have some use for it, should it be for his future profession, or to give or sell. He began walking, his goal in mind, and, he made sure he was ready before making an action to start his day.

Edited by Vigilon

Seeing a patch of green and overgrowth, he decided this would be where he started. "First search for today, let's see how this goes."

Let's roll, shall we!?

He found an herb of some sort among the greens. He didn't know exactly what it was, he just plucked it out of the ground and stashed in in his inventory. "Guess that's one. Perhaps someone may need this." Thinking he was off to a good start, he moved on, looking for any place he could search in. He began thinking about the available quests. "Whether I do it or not depends on the chances of it killing me." He didn't want to pick a fight he couldn't win. He wondered if he would ever need Itzal's help later on, or if he would need assistance from Mina. It was only last night when he met them, and he was a little desperate. Granted, they gave him the encouragement he needed, but he didn't know if he would encounter them again, but he could always message one of them if he needed to.

ID# 81023 LD: 17(+1 Mat)

Edited by Vigilon

As he continued to walk and keep an eye out for other flowerbeds he thought carefully about what else he could do afterwards if he decided not to do any questing. He noticed another flowerbed, but seeing nothing else, he looked upon a large stone, and decided to try cracking it.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Not only did he find nothing inside the stone, he ended up dropping it on his left foot. "NYARGH! ...I guess it was too heavy to throw accurately." Once the foot had no rocks on it, he began walking towards the next flowerbed. "Maybe next time, I won't get my foot smashed. Just my luck that it still hurts for some reason." As he moved on, he thought about what he should do with the materials he would successfully gather. He also wondered if he should join a Guild later on, and perhaps consider getting himself a familiar. For now, he would find as many materials as he could.

ID# 81028 LD: 3(Failed)

Passing by another flowerbed, he considered whether or not he would try this one. It looked a little empty, but he couldn't help thinking there could be something hidden in the bushes.

Lets roll, shall we!?

Near the bushes, he found a piece of metal shaped like a brick, possibly an ingot of sorts. "Could someone have dropped this? ...I guess I'll hang on to it for now." He stashed it into his inventory and kept on walking. He decided to look around the Town Of Beginnings just for the heck of it, and because it was far too easy to find flowerbeds by walking pretty much any direction. he noticed the restaurants, the Npc vendors, the other various buildings... "Guess this town is even bigger than I thought. There could be more in store for me on the first floor than I thought..." And he continued walking around the town, searching for materials.

ID# 81063 LD: 18(+1 Mat)

Edited by Vigilon

As Vigilon continued on, he saw more of the town, and saw some flowerbeds that he assumed were empty, and began thinking about what he would do in the evening. He soon found himself in a large green patch with flowers. Either it was a large flowerbed, or it was a small meadow. How that would be in a town was beyond him, but he began looking through the flowers for something useful.

Lets roll, shall we!?

He saw something interesting near a blackish brown rock, and rushed for it. He tripped and fell on the plant, crushing it and destroying it in the process. Then he heard a noise, like a half-snort. He looked up from the ground and realized something was wrong. He was in a meadow. He'd wandered outside the safe zone while he was in his thoughts, for he saw was not a rock at all. Vigilon stood up instantly, shocked at the sight of the Boar, which was startled and it prepared to attack him, once the two minute standoff was over.

ID# 81065 LD: 8(Failed)

Vigilon waited two minutes before making a move. "If it comes for me, I'll strike, if not, I'll leave, and it can continue it's business and I can with mine."

Let's roll, shall we!?

The Boar charged, Vigilon sidestepped to avoid it's attack, then Vigilon struck the monster in it's side, near the belly. The Boar let out a low-pitched squeal, and Vigilon knew he had to finish the Boar fast, before it starts calling for backup. "Shut up, you," he grumbled, "Just one of you is bad enough, I don't want your friends to know I'm here." Obviously, the Boar didn't shut up. It struggled a little, and ran a short distance before turning around, rushing at Vigilon. "If it just keeps charging like this, I won't be taking much damage." Vigilon planned where he would strike next. The Boar continued running toward Vigilon. Vigilon stood straight, with his sword in hand, waiting for the Boar to get close enough.

ID# 81066 BD: 10(Critical, +2 DMG) Mob: 5(missed)

[2] Vigilon: HP 40/40 EP 3/4

Enemies:

Boar: HP 5/8

Vigilon smiled as he prepared to avoid the attack. "NOW!"

Let's roll, shall we!?

Vigilon sidestepped to his right like last time, but the Boar was ready for that. The monster turned, struck the chest of, and trampled a surprised Vigilon. Vigilon got up, thinking, "So this is what it's like to be trampled..." The Boar was smarter than Vigilon first thought, that was certain. He noticed his sword was not in his hand. He looked around, trying to find his sword. When he located his blade, he pulled it out of the ground, but the blade was covered in mud, and he had to wipe it clean before the Boar could strike him again. When he noticed the Boar coming for him, he began to run as he cleaned his sword, and noticed an opening in the Town Of Beginnings' walls, a way of escape if necessary. Then again, he didn't set off to fight. He set out to gather.

ID# 81089 BD: 2(Crit miss!) Mob: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

[2] Vigilon: HP 35/40 EP 1/4

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon
EP correction

The Boar was getting closer and closer to Vigilon. "If I don't fight this thing a little more, it'll kill me!" And Vigilon decided to stand his ground for a bit.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Vigilon knew he couldn't avoid the attack, so he decided to block it with his sword instead. When the Boar reached Vigilon, it's tusks were essentially stuck in lock with with his blade. Vigilon attempted but failed to push the Boar back and retaliate. However, both fighters could deal damage to each other again. Vigilon saw the town's entrance, not too far from his position. If things began to get ugly, he knew what to do. He focused his mind on the current task at hand, staying alive. He looked at the Boar with frustration, and he prepared himself for the Boar's next attack, and thought about how he would retaliate. He had to be quick, or he would suffer damage.

ID# 81097 BD: 4(missed) Mob: 4(missed)

[2] Vigilon: HP 35/40 EP 1/4

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon went first this time.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Vigilon found that his opponent could dodge as well, and then he got knocked over from getting rammed in the chest. He growled in frustration. "Ok, now you've pissed me off." Then he remembered, if he stayed and fought, he might die. Perhaps running like a coward wasn't so bad after all. He planned to flee, since he would stay alive if he did, otherwise he might die. He was much better off gathering. "Dang, I can't seem to land a hit on him either... But there is an opening where I can flee." Vigilon began to back away slowly, making sure that when he bolted that he might have a head start. The Boar then had a slightly confused face, due to the unexpected action the player made. The Boar decided to rush at him, and began a second after Vigilon bolted for it.

ID# 81100 BD: 3(missed) Mob: 8(hit)

[2] Vigilon: HP 31/40 EP 1/4

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon knew to keep an eye out for other monsters in case he ended up in a worse situation with more than one enemy, and focused on running for his life. After all, his life may depend on it.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Vigilon managed to reach the town and escape to the safe zone, but not without a personal "Boost" from the Boar ramming him in the butt. "Nyargh!..." When he got up and noticed he was within the safe zone, he was relieved. He turned to the monster. "Phew! Guess who's not dying today, you piece of trash? You can't get me in a safe zone, can you?" Having vented his frustration by mocking the Boar, he left to continue searching flowerbeds, with a smile on his face this time. After all, failing to find a few materials was not nearly as bad as pathetically failing to land a hit on a boar and getting trampled instead.

ID# 81103 CD: 12(Successful escape) Mob: 6(hit)

Vigilon: HP 27/40 EP 2/4

Edited by Vigilon

As Vigilon returned to the many flowerbeds he had yet to search, he thought, "If just one boar could get lucky like that, I better bring help of my own before trying THAT again." He saw a large stone and picked it up. An Npc asked him to put the stone down before he could crush any flowers. "I wasn't planning to smash any flowers anyway." Vigilon moved away from the flowerbed, and threw the stone down in hopes of cracking it.

Let's roll, shall we!?

When the stone shattered, he saw a gem of some sort. "Not sure what I'll do with this, but someone might have use of this." He stashed this in his inventory, and wondered how many he would be able to carry in total. Soon, he looked to the side, and saw the restaurant he was in yesterday evening. "The inciting moment of my time in SAO." he muttered to himself.

ID# 81116 LD: 15(+1 Mat)

Vigilon decided to keep the embarrassing fight between himself and the Boar in his head, for future strategy purposes. He moved on to the next flowerbed. There were flowers, bushes,  two trees, and three benches.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Not as good as the last search. In fact, this one was the worst yet. The bushes were rosebushes, and he got himself pricked a little, but suffered no damage, although it was irritating. Another rock fell on his foot. It was the same foot too. Still nothing. He looked under the tree, and a rotten fruit fell on his head. "Worst. Search. Ever." he thought. Then again, it was better than missing a blow on a boar and getting killed. Vigilon sighed, and moved on towards the next flowerbed, thinking he will have better luck on another one. As he walked, a passing Npc remarked, "Careful what you do in those thorny bushes, they can hurt!" "Yeah, I'll keep that in mind." was Vigilon's reply.

ID# 81117 LD: 1(if it's applicable, you could say it was a Crit. Fail)

Vigilon walked around town before continuing his search. Then he set his sights on a rather diverse flowerbed. "This better be good..."

Let's roll, shall we!?

Nothing. The variety of plants was nice though. He decided to rest on a nearby bench for a bit. "Hmm... Should I take on a quest later? I don't know if I should, if I can't even slay a Boar. Then again, there could be some non-lethal quests out there..." Vigilon thought about future strategies he could come up with... Then he decided to move on. After all, he was still embarrassed about his ridiculous attempt to fend off a boar. "I wonder what level I should be before taking on that Boar again..." He noticed the area where he escaped from, and the Boar was only just leaving, obviously giving up on Vigilon. As he walked on, he wondered if he would have any encounters with someone else, whether it be a casual encounter, or something Vigilon would want to forget.

ID# 81162 LD: 10(failed)

Vigilon looked around for a place where he could search. He soon found a good place to start looking.

Let's roll, shall we!?

There was nothing of interest or value. As he continued his search, he looked around town, trying to find places he could go later on. One problem though, it would take almost a day to have looked and memorized a good amount of the town. He began to believe that training for DPS was harder than he thought, and practicing scouting was slightly easier. Nevertheless, he decided to have DPS as his main build. The question was, how would he do this? Which skills would he prefer to use? As Vigilon dwelled on this, he began looking for flowerbeds with more variety. "I gotta find something sometime... I can't go on like this... I have to find more materials..." He would need to find materials for his future profession soon, ingots, or perhaps ore.

ID# 81163 LD: 9(failed)

Vigilon thought for a minute. "If I can practice combat like that, remain alive, and flee when it gets too dangerous..." He thought the idea was ultimately stupid, but if he failed gathering again... He shook off the thoughts, and began searching the nearest patch of green.

Let's roll, shall we!?

He found an herb growing on the grass, all alone. "Guess there's plenty to be found in this meadow, to new players, at least. WAIT. MEADOW!?!?" He looked around. In front of him, he saw a Boar with a look on it's face, as if to say, "Back for a rematch, chump?" "Figures. It's the same one." Vigilon knew he wasn't getting out of this one easily. He readied his sword, a tight grip on it this time. He began thinking of how he would fend off the Boar's attack, and then strike back. He waited for the Boar to make a move. "Remain focused."

ID# 81173 LD: 15(+1 Mat)

Vigilon waited for four minutes this time. Then he got tired of waiting and attacked.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Vigilon struck the Boar in the back, near the shoulder. The Boar retaliated by ramming him in the chest as usual. "Argh... Is that all you got? come at me!" Certainly, Vigilon pissed off the Boar. The monster squealed and snorted, then took an offensive position. "If I can just get the timing right, I can dodge that thing's attack and retaliate with ease." Vigilon thought. He would have to stand his ground for now. if things got too ugly, he would have to flee again. Perhaps if he considered his moves correctly, he might actually kill this Boar. Encouraged by his current progress of attack, Vigilon prepared himself for the Boar's worst. "Well? What are you waiting for? Come at me, will you!?" Vigilon believed he was ready this time, and might emerge victorious. If not, he would flee.

ID# 81174 BD: 9(Critical, +1 DMG) Mob: 6(hit)

[2] Vigilon: HP 36/40 EP 3/4

Enemies:

Boar: HP 6/8

Edited by Vigilon
Forgot to update Vigilon's hp

The Boar charged, and Vigilon prepared himself for the attack.

Let's roll, shall we!?

The Boar tried a different tactic this time. It went for the legs. Vigilon was struck in what he knew was the soft spot of his legs. He retaliated with making a cut on the Boar's back. Vigilon was not technically in extreme pain, but it was still annoying to be rammed there. "Argh! So what, I'm still hitting you at least! If I figure out how to dodge all your attacks, you're as good as dead! I'm not dying today, and I'm not going to look like an idiot either! You will die, or I will escape after dealing more damage than last time! You hear me!?" The Boar was oblivious to Vigilon's yelling. In fact, it only had one goal in mind. Killing. Vigilon didn't care his voice wasn't heard. He just had to get this off his mind.

ID# 81175 BD: 7(hit) Mob: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

[3] Vigilon HP 31/40 EP 3/4

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon stood his ground as the Boar charged. He smiled, ready to make his move. "That's it... Closer, closer... NOW!"

Let's roll, shall we!?

Vigilon dodged the attack, and the Boar ran into a wall. "This is my chance!" Vigilon stabbed the Boar in the belly while it was dizzy, and the monster Squealed pretty loudly. "Ha! Take that! How do you like me now?" Vigilon hoped his luck would be the same for the remainder of the fight, but he was still unsure of the possible results. The Boar shook itself off, turned to Vigilon, glared at him with hateful eyes, as if to say, "I'm done playing with you. Now you die." Vigilon, unafraid, smiled at his current progress. "Come at me, and we'll see who comes out on top!" The Boar squealed loudly, and rushed toward Vigilon, hoping to hit him this time. Vigilon smiled, knowing that he taunted the Boar into a rage.

ID# 81177 BD: 10(Critical, +2 DMG) Mob: 2(Crit. miss)

[5] Vigilon HP 31/40 EP 3/4

Enemies:

Boar: HP 2/8

Vigilon was ready for the attack he assumed the Boar would make. If he guessed correctly, he would dodge the attack and strike with ease.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Instead of a simple charge like Vigilon assumed, the Boar jumped at his head. Vigilon suffered from getting rammed at the head, and got his sword stuck between the bricks in the wall. "Argh!! Wha-? Dang! Grrr....Why, how-did-this-happen!?" He got the Boar off of him, but now he had to get his sword out of the wall. "Perhaps I'm not so lucky after all." he thought. The Boar looked at him as if to say, "Ha! In your face! Who's your daddy now, stupid player?" Vigilon, now most certainly provoked, got his sword out after listening to mock squeals for three minutes. "IS HE LAUGHING AT ME!?" "THAT'S ENOUGH. YOU'RE IN FOR IT, PIG!!!" Vigilon put on an intimidating face, and began to rush at the Boar that mocked him for his poor luck during that moment.

ID# 81179 BD 1(Crit. miss!!) Mob: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG)

OOC: Dice, why u do dis to me? ;-;

[5] Vigilon: HP 25/40 EP 1/4

Enemies:

Vigilon attacked the Boar aggressively, with a completely offensive style, one that the Boar did not recognize. The two fighters clashed.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Vigilon's sword got caught in lock with the Boar's tusks, but after a few seconds, he pulled his sword out of lock after grabbing one of the tusks with his left hand. He threw the Boar to the side, causing it to tumble and stumble. "Serves you right." Vigilon kept a close eye on the Boar, waiting patiently for it to come back charging. The Boar snorted, squealed, and was practically having a temper-tantrum as it rushed towards Vigilon. "Oh wow... That boar looks pissed!" Vigilon smiled and said, "Ready for me to finish you? You've come to the right place!" "My sword!" The Boar continued charging, and Vigilon waited for the right moment to evade and strike. "That's right... Come straight for your doom..." Vigilon got into position. The Boar squealed loudly, Vigilon was prepared.

ID# 81182 BD 4(Miss) Mob: 1(Crit. miss)

[5] Vigilon: HP 25/40 EP 1/4

Enemies: