[F13] Beyond the Sky's Limit <<The Child of Rohk>> (Beat and Calrex) [Completed]

Spoiler

<<The Child of Rohk>>

This quest takes place on Floor 13
This quest must be started by end of Sunday PST. And the Thread must be complete by next Sunday (One Week to complete the Quest)

Updated 4/7/17: For a limited time, anyone can accept this quest between 4/7/17 and 4/10/17 midnight PST. Anyone who accepts during this time period has until Midnight 4/17/17 to complete the quest.

j0268-e1376430576349.jpg?resize=632,474

Months after the boss fight on this floor had passed, Info brokers heard rumors of something that should be feared. An amber egg had survived throughout the battle, hidden away within the nest that was once Rohk’s. It survived and flourished, soon growing to the size of it’s previous father, and seeking revenge on those who were at the cause of his death. Players have been advised to take precautions at this fight, and be prepared to fight to the death if necessary to defeat this new foe.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
Must defeat <<Shi, Lord of the Skies>>

Additional Information:

<<Shi, Lord of the Skies>>

(Shi receives it's own roll)

Stats:
HP: 1,200
MIT: 100
Damage: 350 Per Hit
Accuracy: 3
Evasion: 4

Arial Gust: On a CD of 10+, Shi takes to she skies and flaps his wings wildly, sending gusts of winds at players, Dealing 250 AoE Damage to all that are there (This damage is Mitigatable)

Rewards:
3 SP
3500 Col

Shi’s Talon (T2 Rare Weapon): +1 Absolute Accuracy (Note: Shi’s Talon is unaffected by Essence of Steel, to be able to upgrade, you MUST go to a Merchant and have it appraised)

Recommended Level: 50+

The bustle of the tavern was beginning to grate on Shield's consciousness as he waited for the other players to join him. Beat, of course, his brother in arms, was always up for a fight. Calrex, on the other hand, was a new acquaintance, and one that was still largely a mystery. Still, the little he had gathered was that he was strong and tough, and those were qualities that would both be necessary on the coming quest.

"I know that the drop is insanely good, but still," he thought aloud as he scribbled out battle plans on a scrap of paper before crumpling it and tossing it aside, watching it shatter into polygons as it hit the ground. "Still, this is an intimidating battle. I hate throwing Calrex to the wolves, but he has a lot more health to go through before he's in danger than either Beat or I. Then again, every turn that he's not out dealing damage is one more turn that we'll risk taking punishment."

He balled up the next piece of paper and tossed it aside, the sound of breaking glass announcing that the item had vanished like the first. He sat scratching his head, drawing out the turn order once again.

"I should probably approach this like the Bloodstained Lands quest, where I keep my hate high, but just under Calrex's, so if he's ever in trouble, I'm just one Focused Howl away from taking his place," he mumbled to himself, tapping his pencil against the paper a few times. "Probably around the time he hits yellow, so if he takes a round or two of the AoE, he won't be in too bad of shape. And if we're all hurting, I have my banner ready in the wings."

He sat back, pressing his palms against his eyelids as he rested his eyes from the glaring white surface of the paper.

"I guess we'll have a quick team meeting before we go."

@Beat @Calrex
OOC: I'd say a post each to establish the thread and then no strict turn order to keep the pre-battle moving quickly up until combat. We have a week starting now to complete.

Edited by Shield

"Floor thirteen!" Beat shouted as the gloomy skies of the eleventh floor quickly faded away and changed into the somehow more gloomy and depressing air of the thirteenth floor. 

"Well, I was depressed...now I feel like I just died..." He said sarcastically as the brown fog in the air carried a pungent smell of death through the air, causing him to scrunch his face in disapproval. Despite the inspiring buildings around him, the smell and weight of the air seemed to simply sit on him. His eyes scanned the area, immediately noticing the large cathedral and the gloomy looking villagers walking through the small village. He walked over to Shield and released a heavy sigh before looking at the surly player. 

"Okay, just kidding. Eleventh floor is great. Best floor ever. Eleventh floor forever." He said, rolling his eyes and running his hand through his hair and he decided to focus on the green grass that resembled the only thing that wasn't dead on this floor. 

Edited by Beat

If Calrex was being honest with himself, he was surprised that he agreed to the message he had received from Shield. It was a request to take on a limited time quest, one that involved battling a near floor boss level monster in the quest known as <<Child of Rohk>>. Even the name reminded him of one of the great lows in the frontlines during his time participating. It was the battle that he lost one of the people he trusted and to some level looked up to, Azide. Now the man that was once the leader of the Square One guild was merely a name crossed of on the Monument of Life.

"Come to think of it...I'll need to check and see no one decided to pocket the badge I left there."

Making his way over to the place Shield had designated he gave a small sigh, putting his hands into his jacket pockets. As he got into range he gave a small wave as he saw the man he recognized from a singe excursion before. However, it appeared he was with another companion, "I guess that's probably the guy he referred to as his usual teammate. Nice to have another person along."

"Long time no see Shield. I'm guessing this is the team that's going to take this on?"

Looking over as the person he had not met yet the bluenette gave a nod, "It's nice to meet you. I'm Calrex."

While normally a pile of crumpled papers might have belied his nerves, for now, the material's low durability helped to keep the paper scraps from tattling on him. He returned the wave from Calrex as he approached.

"You'd be right on that one," Shield replied, motioning to Beat to allow him to make his own introductions. He typically did whether Shield wanted him to or not, but being a little bit of a chatterbox wasn't as grating as it had once been. "If you don't mind getting down to brass tacks. I've been looking over the numbers, and this bird is nothing to scoff at." He slipped the last of the little bait fish to Norbert who promptly snatched it up before tossing the bag aside to watch it shatter like the papers had before. "The best I can figure is that it would probably be wisest for me to off-tank for you, Calrex. I feel bad asking other people to take the brunt out of the gate, but I think I'd be able to take control of the battlefield pretty quickly with my Howl mod, so if you get into hot water, it might be easier to bail you out if things get rough than the other way around."

As he talked, he gestured towards the door, eager to get the show on the road. From the word from the brokers, this was a quest that wasn't going to wait around forever. While he had been under the gun before, it had never been with stakes like these. It was enough to make him antsy.

@Beat

Spoiler

Consuming Captain's Logger (+6 Dmg/-3 Eva) [ID#78490]

Beat smiled and returned the friendly nod from the blue haired man, "Likewise, my name's Beat. Been a while since someone has had to carry us." He said with a chuckle. It was nice to meet another player who was pushing the frontlines, or at least, that was the assumption given the man's level. He turned his attention to Shield and followed the man's gesture at the door and opened the door to the brown level, his nose turning up at the return of the smell, "Oh right, death land..." He said with an air of disgust in his voice. 

The falcon sitting on his shoulder seemed equally disgusted and took off, hoping the haze was limited to the area near the ground. Beat watched his familiar take off with a tinge of jealousy as his nose and eyes slowly adjusted to the brown dreariness of the thirteenth floor. 

"You know, if I were hunting for a dark guild, one that kills people, I would start here, no question. Way too obvious, but evil bad guys are like that right?" He said, making friendly conversation, determined to keep to mood of the party upbeat and happy as he pulled out one of his stronger alcohols and downed it with haste. 

Edited by Beat

Hearing the other player's name Calrex gave a nod as he listened to Shield speak, "Sure thing. During the floor raids I usually serve in the tank role, so it's nothing out of the ordinary. Hopefully things won't make it necessary to require a secondary, but should it come down to that I'll be counting on you."

Following Shield's head gesture the bluenette gave a nod as he readied to follow the duo out of the city. Beat's comment gave him a smirk as he chimed in, "Yeah, this floor or the tenth tends to give off that 'origin of evil' vibe. Well, either that or some kid trying too hard to be cool, dark, edgy, or something."

Glancing upwards he watched the flash of light of his blue peregrine falcon familiar, Roc, materialize on the dark cloud-covered floor before descending to a lower altitude with a quick swoop. Each time his partner performed the maneuver Calrex had trouble keeping track, the shift in position being close to invisible from his perspective Guess it's a good thing that I'm not small enough to be considered prey for him. At least Roc's more than capable of feeding himself as a result."

Looking back over at Shield the bluenette spoke, "In any case, I didn't get a chance to confirm the info from a broker before making my way here. Any ideas on what tricks this bird might have up its sleeves?"

Swiping on his menu Calrex quickly produced a Safeguard potion, crushing it in his hand to activate its effects. This was going to potentially be a rough fight, and having an opening action without being under threat would be a great boost.

Safeguard Potion Consumed

Spoiler

Calrex Stats:
HP: 1615
EN: 160
DMG: 15
ACC: 4
EVA: 3
MIT: 30

Gear:
Grand Gauntlets II (T2): +3 DMG
Amethyst Charm: +2 ACC / +1 EVA
Tide Pendant: +2 EVA / +1 Loot Dice
Grand Dragoon: Unenhanced Heavy Armor

Familiar:
Roc: +1 ACC

Current Buffs:
Safeguard: First hit negated

At Ready:
Grand Guard Aegis (T2): +2 Paralyze (Defensive) / +1 Heavy Momentum
Grand Chariot: Aegis (T2): +2 Regen / +1 MIT
Grand Crest: Aegis (T2): +2 Thorns / +1 MIT
Decorative Straight Sword: Unenhanced One-Handed Straight Sword
5x Safeguard Potion
1x Basic Teleportation Crystal
1x Tiger's Rage Potion: +2 DMG for one thread

Active Skill Mods:
Athletics (Heavy Armor)
Safe Guard (Block)
Vengeful Riposte (Parry)
Bull Rush (Charge)
Precision (Martial Arts)

Shield grimaced a little at the mention of the boss' abilities. He had studied them pretty extensively and they turned his stomach. Not only was the damage outside of his comfort zone, but the remainder of the stats were outlandish.

"No real tricks," he replied, regarding the original framing of the question before answering the question behind the question. "However, it's extremely accurate, extremely evasive, packs a real punch, and a four-figure hit point count, not to mention an AoE that can actually hurt me if I'm not going full turtle."

While normally a closed book, this whole fight gave him indigestion, or it would if that were possible in the virtual world. Instead, it left him with a gnawing phantom discomfort in the region of his gut.

"It's not designed to be a tricky fight," Shield continued, trying to master himself as he spoke. "It's just a knock-down, drag-out brawl to deal enough damage to kill it before it can do the same to you. Speaking of which..." He summoned up his inventory and set up a transaction of one safeguard potion from his active inventory to Beat's active inventory. "I'd recommend popping this."

In the mean time, he took the opportunity to use one of his remaining potions, summoning it into his hand, popping the cork, and draining its contents. He tossed aside the empty bottle, which like the papers from before, smashed into nonexistence.

[-2 Potions of Safeguard, <Safeguarded>]

@Beat

Spoiler

ID# 81879: LD: 20 (16+4) = 2 T2 Mat found! YAY! (2 total) 

Consuming Safeguard potion

Beat listened to the two of them talk about a boss he had not begun to prepare for. He pulled up the broker information Shield had been studying and his eyes widened as he looked through the encounter information. The boss himself was nothing special with the exception of its massive pool of hit points and the level of damage it could put out.

“Sheesh, this thing is nasty! Yeah, I’ll be drinking that potion now!” Beat said with a nervous laugh as he pulled the potion from his inventory and quickly downed the substance, seeing the safeguard buff appear by his health bar.

“That’ll soak one of those area of effects hits anyway.” He said as he began to go through his inventory and prepare to pull out more buffs for himself. His search was interrupted by the warming sensation coming from the ring he used to find materials and increase his loot chances. It only took him a moment to find the object his ring had detected as he picked up a large chunk of ore that was protruding from the ground. The ore split into two pieces in his hand and he was pleased to notice that both halves had their own material tag. He stashed them away and quickly caught back up with the group.

Edited by Beat

ID: 81905
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion -4) = 9 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<All Might>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (17 Energy Used / 143 Remaining)

Shi's Roll
ID: 81906
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -3) = 10 (+2 Damage)

"I see...hm..."

Upon receiving the information about the creature they would be facing Calrex's eyes scanned the sheet of information, letting the tactical part of his mind assess the threat, "Compared to the floor bosses, this one is certainly nothing of note, although it could be comparable to a lower floor raid. The health isn't something I haven't seen before...actually in fact I think I might have more health than this supposed Lord of the Skies does. However, with our Safeguards active that'll give us one full round potentially of taking no damage."

"Alright then, as expected I'll take the opening approach then, since I'll need to get the highest Hate of the group against it. Depending on the situation I'll try to either exploit a critical opening or use Howl. Since Beat is the other attacker of this trio, the two of us can focus on whittling away as much of the giant bird as we can. Hopefully it won't become necessary for you to switch places with me at any point Shield, but if it comes to be so I'll leave it to you."

Looking forward the bluenette could see the massive creature as it spread its wings, locking onto their party. He looked over at his own familiar, Roc, as the blue peregrine falcon soared ahead and locked its eyes on the quest boss. His Accuracy-boosting ability was engaged, the blue tattoo appearing underneath Calrex's right eye as he clenched his fist, triggering <<All Might>>. "There's an opening beneath its wing, right where it connects to the body. If I can get to that before it lowers for a flap it could trigger a critical hit."

Activating <<Charge>> the Ultramarine Knight shot forward, his punching arm cocked back. As he passed the striking area where Shi could connect a blow, he saw that one of its massive talons scratch at him. Luckily enough his Safeguard engaged, successfully dispersing the blow so that he didn't take any damage. Reaching his intended target Calrex struck the joint, seeing a single large red number fly past his HUD, signifying a critical strike.

"Alright guys, let 'em have it!"

H: 2 Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 143/160 (Safeguard Expended)
H: 0 Shield: 800/800 | EN: 80/80 (Safeguard)
H: 0 Beat: 600/600 | EN: 60/60 (Safeguard)

Shi: 985/1200 (15+5+1 DMG * 15 Art - 100 MIT = 215 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Spoiler

ID# 81913 results:

Battle: 2 - 4 = -2 - Miss

H: 0 Shield: 860/860 | EN: 84/86 (Safeguard)
H: 0 @Beat: 600/600 | EN: 60/60 (Safeguard)

Shi: 985/1200 (15+5+1 DMG * 15 Art - 100 MIT = 215 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

The great beating wings were a force to be reckoned with, and that was before he even had a chance to get within striking distance. He tried to employ aerodynamic tactics to use Calrex as a wind block, tucking in behind him on his approach. Whoever, as soon as he stepped out from behind the more experienced player, he felt the gust in full force. He had once chance for a halfhearted swing before being driven back, the boss' health untouched. If he was going to get in a bleeding strike, it wouldn't be on this approach.

He caught himself on one hand, crouching low to resist the buffeting winds of the colossal wingspan. Using his breath as best he could, he called back to Beat, fighting to keep the wind from sucking his breath away.

"Watch out for those wings," he called out. " The closer you get, the more they work against you!"

His words spent, he raised his arm to cover his mouth, giving himself a shelter to be able to breathe again.

Easy does it...

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

No combat actions: Consuming Sharp Attack Cheddar (+1 BD) 

H: 0 Beat: 600/600 | EN: 60/60 (Safeguard)

Shi: 985/1200 [Stunned until next turn]

Beat was momentarily distracted as he took in the sight of the terrifying boss. He was confident that they could win, but he couldn't deny that the massive avian was quite the sight to behold, especially if one knew what the creature was capable of.

Okay...Just like a floor boss. Just wish I had gotten a chance to finish buffing up first.

He continued to go through his inventory and pulled out a small wedge of cheese, "Well, this guy should still be around for another turn or two, no point in whiffing..." Beat said, showing that he too was capable of exercising patience, choosing to increase his margin of success rather than rush toward the end result. Despite his inebriated state, the adrenaline running through his blood seemed to be mostly counteracting the effects enough for him to keep a cool head in the heat of what was likely to be a memorable fight. 

Edited by Beat

ID: 81920
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion -4) = 7
Sword Art <<All Might>> Activated (17 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 127 Remaining)

Shi's Roll
ID: 81921
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -3) = 6 (Disregarded Due to Stun)

"In the end, this should be just like clockwork. Keep whittling away at its health!"

It seemed like the opening round of the battle went fairly well, and seemingly in their favor. Due to Calrex's powered opening strike, the Stun effect spared him from a retaliatory attack when he passed by one of Shi's talons. Quickly landing on a nearby rock he clenched his right hand into a fist once again, the familiar glow of <<All Might>> returning back to surround his arm. Giving a quickly exhale he leapt forward once again, this time targeting the closest part of the giant bird that he could strike.

While the blow wasn't a critical strike like his first attack, it still dealt another chunk of damage that lowered the quest boss' health even further than before, putting it closer to the halfway mark of its three bars.

"So far none of us has taken actual damage, with the most being me losing my Safeguard. Nonetheless, this is still going way better than I usually expect."

"Alright Shield, go for it!"

H: 3 Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 127/160

Shi: 860/1200 [Stun End] (15 DMG * 15 Art - 100 MIT = 125)

Spoiler

ID# 81923 results:

Battle: 3 - 4 = -1 - Miss

H: 0 Shield: 860/860 | EN: 83/86 (Safeguard)

Shi: 860/1200 [Stun End] (15 DMG * 15 Art - 100 MIT = 125)

Shield knew his odds of a solid hit were slim, but as long as the pressure was off of him, he knew that this was his best opportunity to try to make the bird bleed. However, with the high evasion score that the creature had, that would not be an easy task. Even on an attack that might normally be enough to strike at a prime bleeding target on a foe, the great feathered foe could easily slip out of the way. He would need to be precise.

Giving the attack his best attempt, he charged forward, but before he even made it close enough to make his attack, Shi, sent a gust of air his way, not interested in letting anyone get in the way of its payback on the more hated character.

Heh. I'm usually the one with the attention. The bird is gonna make me jealous if this keeps up.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 81924: BD: 10 (10+4-4) 

All Might +Charge(3) + Crit (2) = 25 (14+6+3+2) * 15 = 375 -100 = 275 +24 bleed/rnd for 2 rnds 

+Keen

H: 0 Beat: 660/660 | EN: 66/66 (Safeguard)

Shi: 585/1200 (275 Dmg + 24 bleed for 2 rounds) [Bleed 2/2]

Beat watched as the accuracy buff from his cheese applied successfully, taking a deep breath as he reminded himself that the risk to himself was minimal as long as he didn’t pull hate, which was not a real possibility this early in the fight.

Alright, look at it as any other enemy. Every foe has a weakness…and this guy’s size is one of them.

Beat smiled confidently as his analysis of the oversize bird bore fruit. With each flap of its wings, it created large, moving blind spots that Beat would be able to use to get a drop on the creature.

Okay, let’s do this.

Letting one last sigh to release the tension in his body, Beat took off at a blistering pace, around the beast’s flank. Once he was behind the creature, he leaped straight towards the massive creature’s head, his fist infused with his strongest sword art.

“Take this!” He yelled just before slamming his fist into the bird’s left temple, dazing it and opening a cut on the side of its head, evoking a loud screech from the bird. Beat cheered and he descended back to the ground.

“Aww yeah!”

Edited by Beat

ID: 81942
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion -4) = 3 (Disregarded Due to Parry)
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 126 Remaining)

Shi's Roll
ID: 81945
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -3) = 2

With Shield and Beat taking their moments of opportunity Calrex got a chance to view their techniques. For Shield, it appeared he wasn't able to find an opening to strike, his weapon poking at air. Beat, on the other hand, had managed to score a powerful blow on Shi, one that seemed to be even stronger than his own <<All Might>> attack, "Huh, guess I've still got a ways to go in terms of damage."

A swiping talon passing a few feet in front of him snapped him back to his senses as the bluenette quickly blinked a few times to quickly reassess the situation. His forearms glowed blue as he triggered the <<Parry>> skill, going on the defensive as his body became taken over by the assisted system, poised to intercept any incoming attacks with a well placed punch.

However, it appeared that the giant avian was still unable to catch the Ultramarine Knight, its attacks still falling short of the mark. Calrex's defensive timer wore off as the glow vanished from his arms as he lowered back into a combat stance, "Just keep pushing the attack. We've already got this thing at less than half. It shouldn't be much longer for the rest."

H: 3 Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 126/160
H: 2 Beat: 600/600 | EN: 49/66 (Safeguard)

Shi: 585/1200 [Bleed 2/2]

Spoiler

ID# 81949 results:

Battle: 1 - miss

H: 0 Shield: 860/860 | EN: 82/86 (Safeguard)
H: 2 Beat: 600/600 | EN: 49/66 (Safeguard)

Shi: 561/1200 [Bleed 2/2]

Not to be one to disappoint, Shield made sure to repeat his previous performance, this time with the added benefit of completely losing his footing. With the gusts that the avian put out, he found his feet sliding against his volition, and inevitably, one his heels stopped short on a rock, tripping up and sending him tumbling backwards.

"I knew this guy would be tough, but this is no joke," he sputtered. "This is usually about how it looks when I try to solo with no real source of damage. You try and you try, but in the end, it's just a long war of attrition and lucky swings."

He pushed himself back onto his hands and feet, regaining the stability of his legs with a little testing. The wind was still something to be reckoned with,

"I don't mean to alarm any of you," he called out, more than a little frustration bleeding into his tone, "but there's a rather large bird here that seems pretty unhappy with us!"

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 82035: BD: 6 (4+3+1+1+1-4) 
Concentration Used

-Keen

All Might = 20 * 15 = 300 - 100 = 200

H: 3 Beat: 660/660 | EN: 33/66 (Safeguard)

Shi: 361/1200 [Bleed 2/2]

Beat pretended to be surprised and gawked at Shield, "What?! WHERE?! I hate giant birds!!" Beat said, his words dripping with sarcasm as he continued to enjoy the fight so far. FOr as tough as the beast was, they definitely seemed to have everything under control so far. 

"Guess if he is that angry, I'll just have to make him chill out." He said confidently and he filled his hand with a familiar, pale blue energy. He took of straight towards the giant bird, making sure the creature saw the whole thing as he leaped towards its face once again and laid his strongest sword art directly into its beak, evoking a loud screech from the creature. 

Beat landed softly and admired the sizable dent he had put in his victim's health bar. He turned and looked to the others with an excited grin, "Alright boys, just a little more and we can call this a job well done!"

Edited by Beat

ID: 82050
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion -4) = 9 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<All Might>> Activated (17 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 110 Remaining)

Shi's Roll
ID: 82051
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -3) = 1

As he had thought, Calrex watched as Shield and Beat launched their attacks on the field boss, their combined efforts knocking away more of the massive bird's health. While it didn't appear like Shield had connected a blow, his action had caused Shi to take a quick hop back, putting it in range of Beat's attack. In this battle of attrition, it didn't matter as much about everyone getting a hit in, as long as they didn't take more than they dealt. So far, this was still the case. None of them had taken damage to their health, and the bluenette's teammates still had their Safeguard buffs still in effect.

"If that's the case we might even finish this without expending those..."

Leaping forward once again the Ultramarine Knight prepared <<All Might>> once again as he closed the distance, thrusting his powered fist forward into what appeared to be the connecting joint area of Shi's torso to its left leg. This proved to be another weak spot, as he saw a single red number fly by, the signifier of a critical hit.

"It's on its last legs! Let's finish it off!"

H: 5 Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 110/160

Shi: 197/1200 [Bleed 1/2] (15+1 DMG * 15 Art - 100 MIT = 140 / 24 Bleed)

Spoiler

Action: Focused Howl

H: 6 Shield: 860/860 | EN: 82/86 (Safeguard)

Shi: 221/1200 [Bleed 1/2] (15+1 DMG * 15 Art - 100 MIT = 140)

At this point, Shield had had just about enough of playing the part of a DPS. First of all, he had no real damage of his own, and second of all, even if he did, landing a hit on this foe was proving problematic. With one swift intake of breath, he hurled the contents of his lungs at the boss, momentarily negating the constant buffeting from its massive wings.

"Alright, big guy!" came the word of his anger-laced howl. "I've let you play with the other kids long enough. Let's settle this on my terms!" 

He crashed his axe head against his shield several times, sending a resounding clang through the tumultuous air. Shi practically had to shake his head at the surprise that the sudden challenge had caused it. It made sense though. It was mostly dead, so it would only have a few attempts to swing at him. Not only that, but with an accurate foe, thorns would be their best friend.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 82074: BD: 2 (2+4-4) 

Missed

H: 6 Shield: 860/860 | EN: 82/86 (Safeguard)
H: 3 Beat: 660/660 | EN: 32/66 (Safeguard)

Shi: 221/1200 [Bleed 1/2] 

Beat grinned as Shield began to assert himself on the battlefield. He understood the strategy of making Shield the off tank, but he knew that the heavily armored player preferred to mix it up rather than simply waiting to be useful. 

"Alright, just a little more guys!" He yelled over the howl of the winds being kicked up by the giant bird's flapping wings, coughing as the dust began to accumulate too much, making it difficult to breathe. 

"Ugh, that's enough of that!" Beat said, charging through the dust and leaping forward once again, but this time, the bird had seen through his attack pattern, flapping his wings extra hard and creating a gust of gale force winds centered on the airborne martial artist.

"Crap!" Beat screamed as he was thrown backwards, hitting the ground and rolling several times before he could stop himself. He quickly picked himself up and stared at the avian with a little more respect.

"Alright, fine, you can defend yourself. Good! This would be boring otherwise." 

Edited by Beat