[OP-F1 Unexpected events and unpaid debts] Complete

Wardege had enough to deal with for one day. Knowing that in his current position he was mostly helpless, he was frustrated at his current inability to help others. He needed to start sometime, but where? How? Even now, he still had an issue with the fact that he couldn't pay back the one who gave him Nervegear. "If only I could have done more... Will I ever see my uncle and cousin again? Will I ever do something of importance within this practically forsaken place?" He sat down, gritting his teeth over his many personal problems. He knew sometime he would have to fight, or he would be worthless. He hated feeling useless, worthless, and being the one to cause problems to those he helped and protected. He looked at the evening sky, truly worried and desperately trying to think of either something good, or something hopeful. "Perhaps... there was something for me here, but I just don't know it yet..."

Edited by Wardege

Vigilon walked throughout the Town Of Beginnings, and wondered if he would be encountering more players as his soon to be exploits progressed. He heard a voice echo from nearby, and he decided to walk in direction of the voice. Vigilon saw someone sitting down, looking like he hated his current state. "Is he frustrated, or is he trying to draw out kind players?" He looked at the player, with eyes of both sympathy and caution. He wondered if he would need to help him out, or give some start-off advice. "He doesn't seem like he means to trick or trap anyone, but trouble can even occur in a safe zone. not the lethal kind, but anything can happen... Well, it looks like I'll have to say something." Vigilon thought about how he would approach the situation. Perhaps keeping him company would be a good start. "You seem to be down in the dumps. Mind if I help you?"

@Wardege

Lee would continue his stroll through the town that held a large amount of players at all times of the day and night. This was something that anyone could expect given the circumstances that they were all in but it wasn't unusual to see players of all levels in this particular town.Lee held a small boar on one arm whilst the other kept it calm and contained against his chest. He wondered if there would be a point where he would be able to commission some armor to be made in which he could make some kind of compartment or a sack so that his hands would be free to do as he pleased without worry.

Lee would come to a halt as he would hear the on goings of another individual that seemed to be dealing with internal conflicts. The plate armored man would turn and see that another player had spoken up in an effort to help which was noble. Lee would make his presence known as he would raise his hand in a greeting but just enough so that it could still hold onto his familiar "Yo, what's goin on in this little part of the woods?"

Wardege had been sitting in this position for quite a bit. When he heard the other player's question, he looked up and responded. "Well, I admit, I could use some help starting off. I do hate being useless. As for your first question, I'm terribly sorry, but I don't exactly know if it should be your concern at the moment." He didn't exactly recognize this player, nor did he know the other player who entered the scene. "He was just offering to help me start off. I assume you would like to assist as well?" At this point, the more the merrier. "I know one thing for sure, it's that if I help others here, and at least do my part in this terrible place, I might be able to consider this debt of mine paid. And if I'm going to be a tank and a healer, I will need to meet others that I can assist and protect."

@Vigilon @Lee

Vigilon listened carefully and decided that this player just might be trustworthy. However, he did have a few thoughts in his head. "Useless? Am I hearing this correctly? Not my concern, huh? Smart." When the player turned his head and spoke, that's when Vigilon realized they weren't alone. "Guess I must have been deep in my thoughts when he said something." Vigilon turned towards the player that seemed to be coming near. "Yeah, I just wanted to help. I don't mind if someone else joins in." "Assuming they're trustworthy..." Vigilon knew he should be ready for anything, since he just agreed to let a player he didn't know to join them. "I sure hope I don't regret these decisions. Each one counts." So far, Vigilon was neutral on how this was going. He knew this walk in town could have been for better or for worse. He waited patiently for the next words, and thought about what he should do if things went downhill.

@Wardege @Lee

Lee would look between the two players as one would say that he was being helped by the other and would wonder if Lee himself would be interested in doing so as well. The other player would bring up that having someone else join in the venture wouldn't be a bad thing but first things first. "Right, sounds like a plan. Names Lee." He would then look down to the boar in his arms "This here is Babette though she shouldn't interfere in our little outing...hopefully." He would then open his his menu with a finger and slowly but surely he would scroll through the drop down boxes till he came across the needed task and would send the players party invites

A Party Invite Was Sent To Wardege
A Party Invite Was Sent To Vigilon

Wardege smiled, believing that he found hope, and accepted the invite. Perhaps this would lead to more and better events. Then Wardege realized he neeed to introduce himself. "Ah! I've forgotton to introduce myself! Where are my manners? Wardege, at your humble service." After he spoke, he noticed Vigilon seemed to appear concerned. Then again, what did he know of this other player? "I don't think we would have to worry about a tame boar, Lee. I'm sure it might mean well with it's actions." Wardege didn't mind a small boar accompanying the three at all. The only thing Wardege was concerned about at the moment was what the two other players were thinking. "If we do anything involving the gear we use, I'll have you know that I plan to make my build a tank. Primarily, for I will also practice healer." Wardege awaited the coming words with patience and an unusually calm mind.

@Vigilon @Lee

Vigilon considered declining the invite, but then thought up an idea. "I'll join the party under one condition." He turned to Lee and then said, "If you and I can discuss the possible options, and he decides(Pointing to Wardege) whether or not we do it, I'm in." Vigilon believed the way Wardege introduced himself was, well...a little too formal. To Vigilon, it was as if he was a servant talking to nobles. "Ah, ha ha, um, you really don't have to act like that around me." "Geez, where was this guy raised?" As for the familiar, Vigilon had had enough of boars for a long while, but maybe one that is tamed may bring a different aspect to light. When Wardege explained what build he planned on using, Vigilon responded with, "Tank? Healer? Gotta be honest, neither of those are my style, so I can't help you there, well, actually, I can say one thing. 'Keep friends close, and keep enemies closer.' However, judging by your current gear, I don't think you would be fit for combat anytime soon..."

@Wardege @Lee

"Nice ta meet ya Wardege. Interesting name so I shouldn't be forgetting it any time soon." He would be pleased with Wardege's comments about the small boar. Wardege spoke of aiming to be a tank that focused on healing others which was interesting to say the least but to each there own. Lee would then let his attention turn toward the light brown haired player as he was placing down what he would deem conditions for a party which pertained to options and if Wardege was going to join. "Well, one out of the two has been filled out. What kind of options are you thinkin bout?" He would look to Wardege and tap his own armor as he would continue "Aiming to be a class that doesn't have much in the way of offense is not going to be an easy thing to accomplish but you do you. If you pull it off, it'll be quite the necessity."

At first, Wardege actually couldn't believe what he was hearing. "M-me? Make a decision? N-no, I-I shouldn't be making decisions as if I was a leader or a deciding member of some sort of council. To be honest, I don't know what there could be for me to do at the moment, for I know little of this game." As he spoke, he thought perhaps what would be the most helpful would be what they did. However, to Wardege, that wasn't his to decide. Thus he would do one of the first two ideas, one suggested by Vigilon, and one suggested by Lee. Maybe even both, but one at a time. When he heard both opinions on the build he planned to use, he thought about both of them before responding. "Well, I must admit, just because it won't be easy, doesn't mean it won't be worthwhile, and yes, I do think keeping the enemies eyes on me would work during combat. True, my gear is the worst of it's kind, but perhaps you know of a way to deal with that."

@Vigilon @Lee

It didn't take long for Vigilon to come up with something regarding the current state of things. However, he was slightly confused and disappointed when Wardege declined the terms. "I...guess I can deal with the typical way a party is lead. As for the gear, I already have an idea. Assuming you don't have  any Col, it is also possible to pay with materials. I'll show you how to find some! It's easy!"

Let's roll, shall we!?

Vigilon picked up an ingot lying on the ground nearby and held it up. "To be honest, it's easier said than done. But since I plan on partially being a scout, gathering materials is something I might need to practice. Heck, it's useful for all builds if you think about it." Vigilon then began thinking about whether to stash the ingot in his inventory or give it to Wardege. After all, if Wardege sucked at searching as much as Vigilon currently did, it would be best for Wardege to have it.

ID# 82442 LD 15(+1 Mat)

@Wardege @Lee

Lee would look between the two players as the game plan would begin to take formation. He would move a hand to rub the side of the small boars face as he awaited them to go about the planning process. Wardege seemed a bit taken aback by the sudden decision thrust in his direction and, all things considered, Lee wasn't even entirely sure how or why such a thing happened. He would look to Wardege "I'm sure that your equipment will progress in all due time. We all gotta start somewhere." As Vigilon spoke of Col and materials Lee would also chime in "That is actually a great idea. Most shops tend to prefer materials from what I've gathered." As Vigilon looked around and found a material, Lee glance around and didn't see anything of import and would chuckle "Yeah, you can definitely say that again. Very hit or miss."

ID: 82453
LD: 8
MAT: 0+0=0

Wardege decided to move closer to the trees as he agreed with the other two players. He turned around toward the trees and began glancing from area to area, looking for anything that might be useful.

They see me rollin', they hatin'.

At this rate, Wardege couldn't possibly not agree on how hard it really was to find materials. "Well, that was only my first try. Perhaps I'll get better at this one day. Maybe even today..." It was nice of these two to voluntarily assist him, and Wardege wondered if he should return the favor, and to whom? One, or both? Those were the questions running through his mind. Of course, right now, he needed to remain with these other players, and, obviously, start off. "Perhaps there will be things I can be taught from them during this search for materials. Obviously, better gear would be an excellent idea, but how much would I need?"

ID# 82488 LD: 14(Failed)

@Vigilon @Lee

Edited by Wardege
Forgot to post Dice result

"Right, so first, I think we should gather ingots to trade them for something a tank would probably need: a shield!" Vigilon handed the ingot in his hand over to Wardege. "So that's one, and from my assumptions, we need about... seven or eight total, so that's about six or seven to go." Vigilon continued his search, hoping to find more materials to exchange for a decent shield.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Nothing. "Figures, there's nothing here." Vigilon considered moving to a different area that would be easier to find materials. Problem was, he didn't know many places to go. "So, Lee, do you know of any places good for finding materials where we could go?" "Hopefully, there won't be any monsters or PKers in the area..." Vigilon really didn't feel like fighting today, and he knew that going to a much higher floor would be a recipe for disaster. He waited for the next few words, and prepared himself for some of the possibilities.

ID# 82559 LD: 9(Failed)

@Wardege @Lee

Lee would let his attention shift over to Wardege as he spoke of it only being his first attempt and it could possibly get better to which Lee would chuckle "Got to get lady Luck on your side and  man oh man is she a fickle one." Vigilon would speak that he would surely need a shield in order to acquire such an item and then shot off a number that would suffice for such an item. "Shield is definitely something you do want to get though you do also want to look at getting some higher grade armor too." Lee would continue to look around and be found wanting as Vigilon would ask of there was any specific area that gave better results. "I usually just go out in the front of the town and look through bushes and around trees. That usually yields some results."

ID: 82755
LD: 3
MAT: 0+0=0

In a nearby tree Shimpi sat, peering through the shrubbery. She watched the crew of three scramble for materials. "There just like ants. I guess that makes me a bird... or a squirrel." She muttered to herself. She continued to peacefully hum to herself, half haphazardly watching the 3 men. She gently stroked Sorren, her bluebird familiar. "They're really determined to find something down there... Do they even have a scout?" Sorren began to squawk loudly. "Sorren! Hushsss!!!" She yelled under her breath, before swiftly grabbing the bird with both hands and holding him at her chest.  "Whats gotten into you...?" The bird gazed at her aimlessly. Shimpi sighed. "Dumb bird..."
All the fuss caused a fair bit of noise.

Edited by Shimpi

Wardege took some time to scan the area before considering moving to another one.

They see me rollin', they hatin'.

He saw nothing. "True, it would be nice to search a good amount of town." He knew he needed to get some better gear. He didn't care that he wasn't doing so well finding materials, he assumed he would find them all soon enough. "A shield would certainly help, and I do think some heavy armor of better quality would help as well. Honestly, I agree with defense and healing based skills and gear, and I hope to be of assistance to other players in the future." Wardege heard some minor noise, probably a harmless bird returning to it's nest, but he couldn't help wondering what kind of bird it could have been, for there was some other sound within the bird's voice. One of the other two players speaking perhaps? "I'm sorry, did one of you two say something?"

@Vigilon @Lee @Shimpi

ID# 82862 LD: 11(failed)

Edited by Wardege

Vigilon was relieved that he wouldn't be leaving the safe zone, and assured himself that Lee was slightly trustworthy at the least. He decided to look around the area once more before moving on.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Nothing. No, worse than nothing, he tripped while rushing towards one of the trees and bumped his head on it. "Dang..." Hearing Wardege's words, he began to wonder and, kind of worry about the position Wardege was putting himself in. "This guy isn't thinking about the concept of that kind of surrender at all! He seems to think it's an opportunity, but it's a ticket to enslaving himself to someone else!" When he noticed the noise, he turned in the general direction of the sound. "Um, I didn't say anything." "Something's not right here..." Cautiously, he moved toward the sound, thinking of what it could be. He assumed one thing, but he couldn't confirm it. As a result, he decided to let the others know they should proceed with caution. "I could be wrong, but...Guys, I get the feeling...I think we're being watched..."

ID# 82880 LD: 1(if applicable, you could say it was a crit. fail.)

@Wardege @Lee @Shimpi

Shimpi didn't let go of the bird. "Look what you did, you little nut-head." She whispered to the bird. She supposed that she needed to make a daring escape. There where more branches with in arms reach of her, but they didn't look to sturdy. "No time like the present to act reckless." She told herself. She let Sorren go and grasped a rather ill looking branch. If it was enough to support her, she would surely be home free, and the branch felt remarkably strong. She took a breathe and leaned in, only to have the branch crumble out from under her instantly. She plummeted down the seemingly massive 15 foot drop and landed in the soft grass. A blue jay was visibly seen flying off into the distance and a book came falling down shortly after, landing appropriately on her back.

@Wardege @Lee @Vigilon

Edited by Shimpi

The armored man would follow suit as they moved themselves out into the front of the Town of Beginnings to further their search. Wardege seemed fairly adamant in his goal of helping others which, while admirable, did have its downsides. "Keep the attitude but just sprinkle just a bit of skepticism on top just for good measure. Not everyone is as good as they appear to be." Just as he had finished his words, Vigilon would take a tumble and would find his head hitting a tree which quickly caused Lee to shoot a hand up over his mouth to keep himself from laughing out loud though because he did, he took note of a material just in front of him.

Then Wardege would speak about hearing something and if it was them. Lee would shake his head "Nah, wasn't me." Vigilon would then speak that they might be stalked. Lee would place the small boar onto the ground and would draw his shield and was about to draw his sword as another player would fall from a tree which would cause Lee to draw the sword and point it at the unknown player "Whoa there, jump scares and me do not go together well."

ID: 82884
LD: 19
MAT: 1+0=1

((OOC: Not sure you can be having any creatures(bird) without doing the familiar quest prior))