[SP-F6] 'Bout time I purged myself <<Calming the Soul>> COMPLETE

Vigilon had finally gotten his chance to begin exploring the floors. The beginner ones, that is. He had reached floor 6, and boy was it a wet trip. First the rain, then the time he slipped on a wet root, causing him to fall deeper into the dense jungles, with a soft landing on bundles of tender, green, large leaves. "Well, at least I had those to break my fall." Veriost flew down and landed on his shoulder. "Garraamm....." "I'm fine, Veriost. let's keep going." Vigilon began walking in a certain direction this time. He got directions from an NPC on where to find this strange waterfall that he had heard of some time ago. After groping through all the various jungle flora for hours, he found a seemingly clear area with a waterfall. He drew closer to it, all the current stress and anxiety fading away, as if he were lying on pointed rocks, and they were now suddenly comfortable, fluffy soft things. he sat down on some flat rocks, relaxing, and taking a breather, while Veriost was taking a nap. He felt his eyes getting heavy, and closed his eyes...

Vigilon's Stats and Items:

Level:  6
HP:  120
EN:  14(Base[12], Energist rank 1[+2])
DMG:  5(White blade[+2], Veriost[+1], One handed straight sword Rank 1[+1])
SP Total:  14
SP Available:  4
SP Used:  10

Items:  White Blade(2 Damage, 1 Bleed)
Sunset's Light(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

Divine Grace(rented) 1 Evasion

Battle ready Inventory: Over-Health Potion(+50 Max HP[temporary]), Damage Potion(Rare, +2 Base DMG[temporary])

Skills:  One handed straight sword Rank 1

Energist rank 1

Mods:  None

Extra skills:  None

Edited by Vigilon
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigilon opened his eyes, and somehow he was...somewhere else. He got up, and looked around. He seemed to be in some kind of keep. The walls were made of stone, and dimly lit by torches. As he walked forward, he nudged Veriost awake, saying, "Veriost, wake up. I think you should see this." Vigilon began to slow down, when the dim hall lead to a large room without a roof, and there was a storm without rain raging overhead. He drank his Over-health Potion, deciding to go for caution. The room seemed to grow larger the further he walked, and Veriost seemed downright curious, but also worried at the same time. She looked at him as if to say, "I don't like the looks of this..." "Well, Veriost, normally I wouldn't mind this place, if it weren't for all the chaos around. This storm also seems unusual..." He continued on, but he was uncomfortable, and anxious too.

(-Over-Health Potion)

(Vigilon's Max HP is now 170 for the duration of the thread)

The room grew large enough for Vigilon to almost believe there was no end to the space between the walls. When he looked out of one window, which seemed to have been made by a force of destruction, judging by the way it looked like it had been bashed through by a sledgehammer, he saw nothing but endless, swirling storms with raging winds and endless thunder from the countless lightning strikes. When he reached the center of the seemingly endless room, he saw a figure sitting down, which got up, and an inhuman smile crept on it's face. Vigilon pulled out his damage potion and drank it, expecting a fight. The figure was hooded in a strange, red cloak and robes with silver detailing, and it's body was as dark as a shadow. It pointed a finger to up above, where on top of a thick, sturdy pillar with a platform was a dragon made of silver, fighting beasts made of black iron, which seemed spectral from the way they levitated towards it. Around the dragon's head were four flames, each a different, yet unnatural color, circling around and blazing right through the dragon's head. One was a sickly green ember, the second a bronze, wild flame, another was a dark gray flame, with a candle flame sized center of orange which constantly flickered. The final was a deep violet blaze, with a pulsing, blood red center flame, this fireball seemed the largest and most deadly to Vigilon. the four fireballs split, and their copies soon floated above four doors, each with a scene/portrait on the front. The fireballs that remained with the dragon seemed to be irritating it, if not destroying it. It seemed to grow weaker and weaker, and if something didn't stop it, the silver dragon would soon be overwhelmed and overrun with black iron enemies. Vigilon looked back to the figure. "Who ARE you?" In response, the figure merely pointed to the first door, with the green flame over it, and kept his creepy smile as he spoke in a light-ish tone. "Fight. Win. Save the Dragon."

(- Damage Potion)

(Vigilon's base damage is now 7 for the duration of the thread)

Vigilon sighed as the accept quest notice popped up on his menu. Veriost looked at Vigilon as if to say, "Well, you prepared for any random shenanigan, so I guess this counts." Vigilon replied with, "To be honest, I wasn't hoping for any shenanigans at all. I just wanted a lay of the land, so to speak." He approached the first door. The scene on the door seemed to portray someone getting beat up by another. The victim appearing in silver, the oppressor appearing in...green, the same green as the flame above the door. He opened the door, and seemed to warp somewhere else. He was now in a room with a grey fog rolling around the floor, which appeared to be square tiles. The walls appeared to be brick, the sky above a twilight overcast with the occasional thunder. After some looking around, Vigilon looked forward to see the green flame begin to change shape, eventually taking the form of a muscular, humanlike figure. "Heh, heh, heh, the big bad wolf comes for the lost little pig!" "Now, who the heck are you?" "Ha! As if you don't remember me, Alex!" "Seriously, I recall every bully in my life, and none of them looked like you. Who the heck are you?" The muscular figure seemed disappointed. "Hmpf, stubborn as always. You never accepted what you were known as, and I, Probusk, will force you to submit if you don't on your own accord!" Probusk pulled out a mace and lashed out at Vigilon, but he sidestepped and tripped him, the apparently massive size taking Vigilon down with him. "Alright, I didn't expect that, but you aren't paying any attention, so this should be quick."

ID# 85483 Mob: 3-2=1(Crit. miss)

ID# 85484 BD: 2(Crit. Miss!)

Vigilon: HP 170/170, EP 12/14

Enemies:

Probusk(Self-Worthlessness): HP: 30/30, 1 Mit., 4 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon got up, and dealt a blow on Probusk. He retaliated by striking Vigilon on the chest, despite that the damage was mitigated, although it did send him flying a few feet. "Can't you see how much of a weakling you are? Every time someone dragged you down, you had to accept it! Why did you resist and proceed to be stubborn?" "I was being bullied, numbskull! Did you really think someone like me would submit to others hatred of me? Those who called me worthless only did so to make themselves feel strong! When I found a way around the situation, they found out how wrong they were. They were looking at all this in the wrong perspective, some even apologized to me!" "Pfft. That was LONG ago. Remember that turning point in your life, the one that dragged you downhill? You turned into a crybaby instead of becoming strong, and the increasing amount of bullies only proved it! Did they apologize? Like the weaklings that assumed they were strong?"

ID# 85485 BD: 6(hit)

ID# 85486 Mob: 8-2=6(hit)

[1] Vigilon: HP 169/170, EP 12/14

Enemies:

Probusk(Self-Worthlessness): HP: 24/30

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon proceeded to attack with Snake Bite, but missed. Probusk chuckled and whacked him in the chest again, sending him flying till his back hit the wall. "At least this damage is mitigated..." Veriost emerged from the brick wall, shook herself off, and growled at Probusk. "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrmm........." "Oh, please, like that pipsqueak of a reptile's gonna do anything." Vigilon freed himself from the wall, and came a little closer to his foe. "Veriost is a dragon. He may be small, but he is still a frost-breathing dragon!" "Pffff Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! He? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Don't make me laugh, tiny! You're dumber than you look!" "Shut up! And just WHY does everyone assume Veriost is a girl? Besides, that's not the point here!" "Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha! How come you haven't figured it out yet? That itty bitty dragon is obviously a girl!" Veriost only continued to growl, believing she was being insulted.

ID# 85487 BD: 3(miss)

ID# 85488 Mob: 9-2=7(Critical! +1 DMG[Not enough Eva.])

Snake Bite-Failed!

[1] Vigilon: HP 168/170, EP 9/14

Enemies:

Probusk(Self-Worthlessness): HP: 24/30

Edited by Vigilon

"I've had enough. Let's just end this already." "For once, I think you're right." Probusk smiled in a sinister manner, and began to...Change form!? He grew larger, and his muscular body suddenly appeared to be able to strike down anyone without even needing the mace. A sickly green fog wafted in the air, coming from the sides of his smile, and his backbone grew spines. Then the certainly unearthly creature spoke in a deep, growling tone. "Let's end this." Probusk practically swatted Vigilon to the side, sending him flying towards the wall. Vigilon landed on the wall pretty hard, got back up on his feet, and readied himself for his attack. Veriost blasted Probusk with frost breath, making an opening for Vigilon's attack. "Fo!!!" Vigilon activated snake bite, and upon his third strike, knocked Probusk to the ground. "How? But, Why? It, it doesn't make any sense! Alex, why didn't you admit your weakness? your chances of dying might have lessened if you did! Why risk everything?" "Because, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger." Probusk wailed in frustration.

ID# 85489 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG)

ID# 85490 Mob: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG)

Snake Bite-8*3x1=24

[3] Vigilon: HP 167/170, EP 6/14

Enemies:

Probusk(Self-Worthlessness): HP: 1/30, Bleed, 2 turns, 12 DMG.

Edited by Vigilon
Forgot to mitigate Damage O-O

Probusk roared in anger and charged for Vigilon. Vigilon dodged the attack, and Probusk ran into a wall before the bleed damage finished him. A silver door appeared in the room, and light seemed to come from it, and Vigilon opened the door. When He arrived back in the keep, he saw the Green fireball over the door flicker and die off, as well as the original green fireball disappear from the area near the dragon. The silver dragon handled itself better, but was still struggling. Vigilon looked back at the first door, and saw that is was ablaze. It quickly burned to a crisp, but the silver figure on the door's scene was unharmed. It took physical form, and flew up, entering the dragon? Vigilon noticed that the figure had dropped something, and picked it up. It was a gemstone that used to be on top of Probusk's mace. Perhaps he could have use for it. The gem was a dark red ruby that apparently glowed. The hooded figure, still smiling, now seemed to be dark gray instead of shadow-black. "You handle yourself well. Proceed at your own pace..." "Thanks, I just need a breather or two before continuing."

ID# 85501 Mob: 2-2=1(Crit. Miss)

ID# 85491 LD: 18(+1 Mat[Known as "Dark Ruby" for RP purposes])

Bleed damage: Probusk takes 12 DMG

Vigilon: HP 170/170, EP 10/14

Enemies:

Probusk(Self-Worthlessness): HP 0/30

Edited by Vigilon
Rolled for Probusk before bleed damage killed him.

Vigilon thought for a minute about one of the earlier arguments, and asked the figure, "There's something I can't figure out. Why do people think Veriost is a girl?" The figure smiled as if he was about to laugh, and simply said, "Look her in the eyes. She'll tell you." Vigilon turned around and Veriost was right there, staring at him right in the face. "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmm.........." "Um, Veriost? Is there something you're trying to tell me by staring at me like that?" "Grarrrraaaa! Grrrraaaaa! Grarrrrraarrrrmmmmm!!!" "Try keeping an expression I can read, Veriost! this isn't helping!" Veriost began gnawing on Vigilon's ear, and the strange figure chuckled. "Veriost, I-...Wait, are you trying to tell me that-...?" "Graaa! Rrrraaaa! Grrrarrrrrrmmm!" "Thank you for allowing me to read that Veriost, I-..." Vigilon realized what Veriost was trying to say: "I'm. A. Girl." "Oh, dear... Man, this is humiliating! I mean, for me! I've never seen any other dragons your size other than Velnia, so I couldn't tell the difference!" Veriost had calmed down, but she looked at him as if to say, "That's no excuse, but I forgive you, friend." "Hm, but what should I change your name to..." "GRRRRRRrrrrrmmmmm......" "You...Like your name?" Veriost nodded, Vigilon let her settle down on his shoulder, and he approached the next door.

Vigilon looked at the door, which portrayed a silver figure wailing out, within the figure was a beast the color of bronze, acting without thought. He opened the door, and found himself in another room. Again. The floor looked a lot like a dungeon floor, and the walls were like that of a run-down building, with rips, tears, holes, and giant claw marks that revealed seemingly untouchable metal bars that appeared to be like...a cage. He looked above him, and above the overhead bars, was absolute chaos. Storms, fire, winds, you name it. "Sure is terrible to be caged like an animal, isn't it?" "Huh?" "You should know how I feel by now! Why don't you? WHY?" The bronze fireball emerged from the dark, an took the form of an emotional teenage girl with bronze hair and...apparently eyes of a cat. She also had iron shackles on her wrists, with the links on the chain various different sizes. "Um, j-just cool off, miss. Who are you?" The girl appeared to be dumbfounded, then she said, with her voice quivering, "You! You're the problem here! You caged me here like a wild animal! Like, like a monster!!! And you don't REMEMBER me!?!?!" "If you would be so kind as to add some context, I-" The girl lunged at Vigilon, turns out she could bite like a snake...and all her teeth were sharp, too. "Agh! Answer the question! Who are you?" Unable to get an answer at the moment, he stabbed her in the left shoulder, causing her to let go of Vigilon's right shoulder. "Fine! If you could possibly, magically, conveniently remember me then! I am Xariz, who you encaged for my better judgement that you assumed to be monstrosity!"

ID# 85494 Mob: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG)

ID# 85497 BD: 9(Critical, +1 DMG)

[2] Vigilon: HP 169/170, EP 14/14

Enemies:

Xariz(Uncontrolled, Wild Reactions): HP 34/40, 5 DMG, 2 Mit.

Edited by Vigilon

"I never thought you even exis-...Wait a minute." As Vigilon was thinking about this, Xariz readied herself to lunge at Vigilon. He sidestepped in time to avoid the attack, then retaliated with snake bite while Veriost let out the cold frost breath. "Fo!!!" "Did this game seriously...? Nah, can't be..." "You probably want all this to end, don't you? I know exactly how to end it! Just submit to MY will, and all will go smoothly!" "Since when did I let my mind react to every single solitary each and every one of the multitudes of thoughts that pass by my mind every day? There's only one answer to that, it's the same as the answer to your demand: No." "Don't you realize what the world has done to you? What the insufferable King of Aincrad has done to it's people, the players? How many have died at the hands of PKers, and what did you do? WHAT DID YOU DO?!?! NOTHING!!!"

ID# 85499 Mob: 6-2=4(miss)

ID# 85500 BD: 7(hit)

Snake Bite-7*3x1=21

[3] Vigilon: HP 169/170, EP 11/14

Enemies:

Xariz(Uncontrolled, Wild Reactions): HP 15/40

Xariz began to undergo a transformation as she roared in frustration. Have you ever seen a werewolf? Combine that with sharp, deadly fangs, four eyes(one set red, the other set are eyes of a cat), a vicious snarl, claws that looked like they could tear through metal, bronze fur, a hair-like tuft of fur from the head down, and iron shackles, well, let's just leave it at that. "You could have done so much! Why did you conceal yourself, Alex? Tell me why!" She charged for Vigilon, pushing him all the way to the wall before beginning to try tearing him apart the way a beast would. "First off, argh! Wh-Why the heck did you just turn into a werewolf? Second, I was keeping myself under control! What do you think could have happened if I reacted too easily? I could have gotten myself killed or something! Especially in this game!" Vigilon tried to retaliate with Snake Bite, but Xariz threw him all the way to the other side of the room. "Crap, that hurt."

ID# 85510 Mob: 8-2=6(hit)

ID# 85511 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

Snake Bite-Failed!

[3] Vigilon: HP 168/170, EP 8/14

Enemies:

Xariz(Uncontrolled, Wild Reactions): HP 15/40

"Any- Agh, Anything else you have to say? I doubt I'll listen, but try if you can to speak your mind." "Too late for that. I'd rather tear out your heart! If you won't see my reasons for why I try to help you, you're better off dead!" "Suit yourself, you'll only regret rash decisions." Vigilon gestured for Veriost to come near, and she came right over. She blasted Xariz with frost breath, and Vigilon finished the fight with Snake Bite. After dealing his final blow, Xariz returned to the form she had previously taken, then...Began shrinking? Xariz got smaller and smaller until she was the size of a toddler. "Waaaaaaahhhh!!!!!" She fled into the dark as her HP dropped to zero, and reverted into a bronze fireball before shattering. The silver door appeared again, bringing light to the dark, gloomy scene. "Well, Veriost, let's hope things don't get any worse." Vigilon opened the door, hoping for a less frightening situation in the next fight.

ID# 85512 BD: 6(hit)

Snake Bite-7*3x1=21

[4] Vigilon: HP 168/170, EP 5/14

Enemies:

Xariz(Uncontrolled, Wild Reactions): HP 0/40

Edited by Vigilon

When Vigilon reappeared in the colossal room, he saw the bronze flame flicker and die, while the door burned away, the silver figure unscathed. the beast inside had vanished, too. The silver figure tossed some iron chains at Vigilon, and grabbed them just before they could slap his face from the impact. He looked up where the dragon was, as the silver figure from the second door surged into it. The bronze fireball was gone, but there still seemed to be a problem. The remaining two fireballs seemed to continue pestering the dragon, and it was still slowly failing. "Hmpf, I guess the only way to save the dragon is to eliminate what is causing the fireballs to spawn in the first place... Veriost, what do you think about this?" Veriost looked around, then for a minute seemed to be dwelling on something, and finally she looked at Vigilon as if to say, "So, the two we had fought so far claimed to know you, so maybe this shenanigan is tied to you?"

ID# 85513 LD: 16(+1 Mat[known as "Iron Chains" for RP purposes])

Vigilon: HP 170/170, EP 9/14

"Pfft, as if. This game couldn't have possibly wanted anything to do with me unless this quest is flexible and depends on the player... Holy crap, this is deeper than it looks." Vigilon began to ponder what this meant. The enemies seem to know him, and were apparently things he had tried to avoid/swat off/push away from his life. He had been beaten down by bullies, he had tried to keep his feelings inside to prevent explosive reactions(but he sometimes failed with whatever angered him), he had feared, and he had been longing for vengeance over his father's death, even if it meant vanquishing the killer himself, on his lonesome. He snapped his fingers. "I know what those fireballs are! They've been haunting me for years...and now they're coming for me. Well, if I'm dead to them, then they're dead to me." Vigilon looked at the hooded figure, who now appeared to be a solid grey in color. "I'll do what I can."

Vigilon: HP 170/170, EP 13/14

Edited by Vigilon

The figure shrugged. "Depends. Only gets worse." Vigilon approached the third door, which portrayed a silver figure appearing to...maybe be shivering, and behind was a dark gray silhouette with eyes that were the color of candle flames. It's terrifying smile lit with the same color, moving as if there was fire right there. When Vigilon opened the door, he found himself in a dark room with creaky wooden boards as the floor, and walls of a run-down manor, with several mirrors, with a few of them already on the floor. Above were clouds that rumbled with thunder, with bloodred flashes of lightning, and cobwebs decorated the entire area. "I don't like the looks of this..." "Grrrmmm...." "Oh, dear. We haven't even begun yet. Such a shame this will be all too easy, then..." Vigilon slowly turned around, just to end up getting stabbed. His assailant was grey skinned, and wore a cape that, apparently, could easily remind you of a vampire. His flame colored eyes pierced and burned into Vigilon's amber eyes, and turns out the blade of the attacker's weapon was serrated and apparently made from broken mirrors.

ID# 85516 Mob: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG)

ID# 85517 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

Vigilon: HP 169/170, EP 13/14

Enemies:

Gravizahk(Fear and Terror): HP: 60/60, 2 Mit., 7 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon was definitely startled by the sudden attack. His attacker was suddenly gone, then reappeared at the other side of the room. Vigilon tried to strike with Snake Bite, but his first two strikes were deflected, and his third ended in lock against the mirror blade of his foe. "So who might you be, then?" "If you insist on the conversation, I am known by others as Gravizahk. That is, if there was anyone who knew me. I'd like to skip the conversation, however, and get to the part where I enjoy hearing you scream as you breathe your last." "You seem eager to kill me, that's for certain." "You put an end to an ally of mine. Probusk and I wanted to put you in your proper place, as you always were. Weak, frightened, and hopeless." "I didn't know you were an accomplice with the big bully. Besides, didn't you portray in your own way that nobody knew you?" "That is false. I just never told him my name. Now back to the matter at hand. Prepare to die."

ID# 85520 BD: 4(miss)

ID# 85521 Mob: 4-2=2(miss)

Vigilon: HP 169/170, EP 10/14

Enemies:

Gravizahk(Fear and Terror): HP: 60/60

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon looked at Gravizahk defiantly. "I'm not dying here." "That's what they all say." Vigilon attacked with Snake Bite, inflicting bleed in the process. However, Gravizahk stabbed him in the chest(He seemed to like stabbing that spot) once he got close. "So, Alex, how does it feel, to be struck in the same spot, from the same kind of weapon that caused your father to perish?" Vigilon looked at his HP, and said, with a smile growing, "Agh, not that bad actually. Your damage was mitigated." Gravizahk didn't look too happy about Vigilon's reply. "For one who believes he is cautious, you're quite reckless." Veriost blasted her frost breath at Gravizahk, and Vigilon got up. "I'm not bending to your will. I'm confident about that." There was a standoff for a few minutes, and Vigilon was able to take more detail of Gravizahk's current appearance. At his belt, Gravizahk had two hilts, each with floating pieces of broken mirror glass shaped like blades, and was seemingly emotionless most of the time.

ID# 85526 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG) CD: 9(Recovered 1 Energy)

ID# 85527 Mob: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG)

Snake Bite-8*3x1=24

[2] Vigilon: HP 168/170, EP 8/14

Enemies:

Gravizahk(Fear and Terror): HP: 38/60, Bleed, 2 turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon smirked and said, "You don't look like you can scare me. Sure, granted, you did startle me, once, but that was beforehand. Is this standoff going to continue, or are we going to finish this?" "True, I am getting sick of stalling like this." Gravizahk rushed at Vigilon, shattered blade in hand, but Vigilon sidestepped, now knowing how his opponent was going to strike. He charged and used Snake Bite from behind, refreshing bleed damage in the process. Enraged, Gravizahk turned around and fixed his gaze on Vigilon, while wings made of bloodstained bones sprouted from his back, and his broken mirror blades floating around him. "I was never able to find out why you never remained the way you were. You grew stronger, in Aincrad as well as reality. Tell me, 'Vigilon', how did you grow stronger when either world threw what they had at you, and you hardly quivered?" "Do I have to say it again? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

ID# 85528 Mob: 3-2=1(Miss)

ID# 85529 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG) CD: 9(Recovered 1 Energy)

Snake Bite-8*3x1=24

Bleed Damage: Gravizahk takes 12 DMG

[4] Vigilon: HP 168/170, EP 6/14

Enemies:

Gravizahk(Fear and Terror): HP: 4/60, Bleed, 2 turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Gravizahk continued to gaze at Vigilon. "So then this is what we are to you? Stepping stones? Molehills? Pitiful worms yet to be vanquished? Probusk and I did so much to try and get yourself in such a weak and pitiful state before you grew like a weed! We were hoping to let you destroy yourself! There is but one thing for a vigilante like yourself! Death! Here, in this forsaken game, is the only place I can and will kill you mysel-" Vigilon decapitated Gravizahk before he could finish. His body caught fire, the dark gray fire, and shattered when the flames flickered and began to die off. "I grew stronger here, because I'm not afraid of you anymore." Bloodred lightning flashed, and thunder boomed overhead. "Come on, Veriost. Let's get out of here." As if on cue, the silver door appeared again, and the creaking wood echoed as Vigilon approached the door and opened it.

ID# 85530 BD: 7(hit)

[5] Vigilon: HP 168/170, EP 6/14

Enemies:

Gravizahk(Fear and Terror): HP: 0/60