[PP-F3] Killing a shadowed Elf for armor <<Worn out Welcome>>[Complete]

The awkward moment was the one thing that Dazia, maybe the other three players also, wanted to end. Thankfully, it did, when Vigilon decided to start the party. She accepted the invitation, and looked to the list of players that formed. Well, that was just about everyone. Sure, Dazia had no "Build" at the moment, and was only looking forward to skills that could help her out, but maybe some scout skills wouldn't hurt. Considering all this, this party of four could have easily been an equal build party, but all with different level and skills. "perhaps it's best for me to getting battle healing, maybe energist first, since either one would help me at these low levels. Regardless, I'm here to quest for some armor, weak or not, despite it'll be much better than what I have now..." "Yes, I think we should be on our way." Dazia started towards the destination, Griswold's armor smithy.

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigilon saw that all three players accepted the invite. Well, that was pretty much it for preparations. Dazia started towards the first destination, and Vigilon began thinking of things that the four could possibly talk about on the way, like builds, or maybe a strategic plan. "So, I guess we should know what each of us is capable of. Dazia here, is still level one, but at least she has a pretty good weapon. I, myself, currently deal a base damage of five, and I have this armor with mitigation, evasion, and recovery, and I have my sword, the White Blade, which has damage and bleed, and other than my chilly, scaly friend Veriost here, I have this necklace that has accuracy, loot die, and recovery." Of course, it was then that something had to happen. The necklace, as he'd forgotten to mention, whispered. "Explaining so much...typical..." "Ugh, not again..." "Ah, I'd forgotten to mention that it whispers on occasion, for some strange reason I haven't figured out yet..."

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

Finally, Raze could occupy himself with something other than his failures at interaction. They had begun to set off, heading towards Griswold's shop. I wonder if he is still as broken as last time. As Vigilon speaks up on the topic of statistics, Raze opens his menu while walking and peruses his own abilities.

I'm really not all that impressive, am I?

"Tanking is what I suppose I would be best at. But I lack the ability to actually draw any monster's attention." Raze said slowly, carefully, gently.

Glancing over at Vigilon as they winded their way through the village, Raze was alarmed at the sudden speech of an iron necklace around the young man's neck.

"Is that even possible.." he thought out loud, before hushing himself and looking unfazed. Talking monsters and now talking items? How far do you plan on pushing this, Kayaba? At this point you might as well have a talking environment or something equally ridiculous.

Refusing to carry the fox familiar around for the rest of the day, Reginald trotted beside Aster while they walked, bushy tail swishing behind him. The group began discussing builds and stats--appropriate discussion before taking on a combat quest. When the others had finished speaking and it would fall to the ginger to round out the party, she simply confirmed Veriost's earlier deduction. "I'm a healer, or support." She explained. "I don't use a weapon, and I prefer not to fight if we can get by. I'm also an alchemist, so if you need potions I may be able to provide them." The girl spoke matter-of-factly as she nudged at the edge of her glasses with her fingertips. Pushing the item up just slightly on the bridge of her nose, Aster found that they reached their destination rather quickly.

Griswold greeted the players with the same sullen expression he gave every player who would be given his quest. After explaining his plight and the territorial conflict Delilah was facing with the dark elves of the forest, each of the four party members received the same quest prompt to pop up in front of them. Obviously choosing to accept, Aster waited for one of the 'sturdier' players to continue leading the way out of town.

Dazia had thought about what she wanted her first useful armor look like. Assuming not all physics would apply, she should be fine. "I would like to order a custom piece of armor." "Right then, what will it be?" "Light armor, black, and, if possible, with a cloak." "Hm, I see what you're saying. I'll just see if I have the materials for it first." Griswold soon returned, saying, "I'm afraid we are out of the required material. Again. It's bad enough that most of the materials for this kind of thing are deep in the wilds or in possession of those vile dark elves, which Delilah has been quarreling with. I'm sure at least one of them has what we need. The four of you look capable enough, why don't you hunt one of them down and bring the materials here?" The quest accept notification appeared on Dazia's menu. She accepted, and as they walked out, Dazia asked, "Does anyone know what a dark elf looks like? It might help to know what we're looking for."

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

"If that's the case, you only have to hit it a few times to keep it's attention, but I don't mind being the center of it, since most of the mobs here on the third floor usually deal 9 damage, and I have 9 mitigation, so I think we should be good if either of us two has the hate." After Vigilon made this explanation to Raze, he listened to what Aster had to say. First time he met a player who preferred healing entirely. There have been plenty of games, such as Fire Emblem, where there were allies who could only heal(Until they got stronger). Vigilon was actually surprised that a player would take such a path, but he knew that everyone was different. "I'll see what can be done to leave the damage to the others, then, and you do you, I guess." The players entered the shop, and Dazia explained her custom order to Griswold. The order didn't seem to have all the details, from Vigilon's view on the conversation that took place, but he guessed the holes would be filled in by Griswold. Upon hearing the fact that there was conflict, Vigilon knew what was about to happen at this point. "Aaaaand....." The quest notification popped up on the menu. "There it is." As they left, Dazia asked if there was anyone who knew what a Dark Elf looked like. "Well, I know where the forest is, but I still have yet to see a Dark Elf, so I can't help you there..." Vigilon was at the front of the group. He had explored most of floor 3's terrain, so he wasn't a stranger to most of it, but he assumed the Cardinal would keep having surprises for him.

OOC: If it's alright with you guys, we could increase the HP(Not the damage) of the Dark Elf if you'd like. I don't want this to be too easy, and I would actually like to bring more pages from this RP, resulting in more SP and Col.

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

Raze stood to the wayside as the conversation with the weary blacksmith transpired, thinking about Vigilon's assessment of party tactics.

I actually have equipped the armor that you recover from this quest, Raze glancing down at his breastplate, my damage mitigation is likely the best here, coupled with battle healing, I would be the ideal tank..

But his shortsighted mind didn't think out the possibility of working with a party, and as such he lacks the ability to take the heat of any and all monsters. He was, in essence, built for solo play. Hopefully, this won't be a problem.

Raze looks over his compatriots and analyzes their play-styles.

The Beast Tamer, Aster, seemed to be a full healing build, from what he overheard. This actually could be incredibly useful. She will be a remarkable asset to our efforts.

The Coated Swordsman, Vigilon, appeared to have the strengths of a Tank and DPS, a good all-rounder. He will likely end up leading the team with his superior skills and capabilities.

The Raven-Haired Rapier wielder, Dazia, was the unknown factor to Raze. I wonder. I will be interested in seeing her abilities. \

In response to Dazia's question, Raze answered hesitantly, "I have seen them before, they are fairly tall and wiry, but they have quite a bit of speed. They won't stop to think about attacking, they are quite aggressive." ,And then quieter, almost to himself, "They will find us before we find them.."

(OOC: Yeah I don't mind fighting things that give us a little challenge. We could add more monsters to our excursion or something, too)

Aster chose not to even try to contribute to the conversation, instead simply listening as the others discussed the target of their quest. 'A Dark Elf, eh?' She thought curiously. Her mind immediately began to wander, recalling what little she knew about such a topic. While her encyclopedic knowledge of this or that topic often came in handy in the real world, she found herself struggling to make sense of things in Sword Art Online. 'Elves... Elf...' She was deep in thought, trying to recall anything she knew about the mythical race. Humanoid, characterized by pointed ears and a more elegant or regal structure to them. Typically lived much longer than humans and had an inclination to magic ability. 'Is that all?' She frowned at the small number of details she was able to come up with. Not only that, but they were hunting a specific variant of Elf. Lost in her thoughts, Aster hadn't even heard Raze's explanation for what he knew of the creatures.

The journey to the Forest of Wavering Mists wasn't as long as expected, and nearby monsters didn't seem to be interested in taking on this party of four. "Seeing that the combined  base damage of all players, including myself, is 14. Including sword arts, that must be... about 32." Well, that must mean a rough battle for any mobs that even dare to challenge them, since if they were to all attack it at once, it would shatter before it could regret the decision. She let Vigilon and Raze walk in front of her, so that any attacks would be more likely to bounce off the players with mitigation, rather than put her in danger. A short burst of a breeze passed by while the party was walking in the forest, and Dazia stopped, looked around. "Hang on a second." "I don't think we're alone." She drew he blade, looking around again, until she spotted a hooded figure on a sturdy branch. The figure jumped down and said, "Well, you know how to ruin a surprise attack..."

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

[Spawned Dark Elf]

Dark Elf: HP 90/90, 9 DMG

Vigilon didn't mind being at the front. In fact, he considered this one of the many tests to see whether or not he was capable of leadership. After all, he intended to start a Guild, but he didn't know whether or not he was up to the task. "Let's see, when it comes to potential damage... it looks to me that the combined base damage could be 14, and with the most powerful current sword arts, there is a potential damage of... 32. Well, that's pretty good, actually...assuming everyone makes a hit..." The walk in the forest seemed peaceful enough, until Dazia drew her blade, looking around cautiously, then saying they probably weren't alone. "Now, why didn't I think of that sooner? Have I gone soft or something when it comes to caution?" The dark elf jumped down from a tree, seeming upset over a ruined surprise attack, which, to Vigilon, had advantages for the opposing side of the one who almost attempted one. Vigilon's attack could have gone better. He tried attacking with Snake Bite, but the Dark Elf dodged each swing of his weapon.

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

ID# 87488 BD: 4+1=5(Miss)

Snake Bite-Failed!

Vigilon: HP 180/180, EP 17/20

[Stats Locked for thread]:

Spoiler

HP: 180

Energy: 20(Base 18, +2[Energist Rank 1])

Base Damage: 5(OHSS Rank 1[+1], White Blade[+2], Veriost[+1])

Mitigation: 9(Sunset's Light)

Recovery: 2(Sunset's Light, Karri's Fang)

Accuracy: 1(Karri's Fang)

Evasion: 1(Sunset's Light)

Bleed: 2 turns, 12 Damage, afflicted on target via BD rolls of 9-10(White Blade)

Raze: HP 140/140, EP 14/14

Aster: HP 340/340, EP 34/34

Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 2/2

Enemies:

Dark Elf: HP 90/90

Edited by Vigilon

With the party wandering into the woods; Raze returned to his silent self after divulging what he could recall from his previous adventure. My damage output is lacking, sorely, due to a lack of useful weaponry and applicable skills. But hopefully I can get a lucky strike or two and draw any enemy's attention. But I am quite interested in testing my new sword arts, should be interesting to see how they work, hopefully they will... Raze's violet eyes snapped to the nearby and identified a cloaked figure as Dazia called out its presence. It leaps to the ground and begins mumbles something about a failed ambush, but Vigilon gives it no chance to catch its breath and launches a full offensive.

"Guess its time to get the party started.." he mutters to himself, quietly, unsheathing his greatsword and entering a defensive stance. Suddenly, Raze, grinds his feet into the ground, gaining a foothold in the earth before launching off at the dark elf with a thrust aimed <<Straight>> to the face. His sword is enveloped by a strange red glow, moments before impact. Unfortunately there would be no impact. The dark elf rolled to one side to avoid being impaled. "Just as slippery as I remember.." he grumbled behind his deepening grimace.

ID# 87497 results:

Battle: 5 (miss)-0 damage

<<Straight>>-Failed!

Vigilon: HP 180/180, EP 18/20

Raze: HP 180/180, EP 16/18

Spoiler

HP: 180

Energy: 18

Base Damage: 4 (1 + 1(Two-handed straight sword rank 1) + 2 (two handed weapon) )

Mitigation: 12( 3(Heavy armor rank 1) + 9(dragon-bone cuirass) )

Accuracy: 0

Evasion: 0

Battle healing rank 1: (+5 HP at the end of every combat post)

Enemies:

Edited by Raze

Bringing up the rear, Aster was busy trying to recall anything useful that she knew about this area or its creatures. She hadn't encountered any kind of elf before, so all she had to go off of was the minimal information the other party members had offered. The ginger's arms were folded over her chest as she walked, one hand tapping a finger against her chin while she was deep in thought.

She almost didn't notice when Dazia stopped walking. Aster was able to stop herself before crashing into the other girl, and resisted the urge to question her reasoning with an irritated scowl. The words left Dazia's mouth before she had the chance, and the party was given little time afterwards to prepare themselves for the Dark Elf's appearance. The figure stood before them, taunting them even, but the three players wasted no time in trying to get a hit in on the creature. With each swing, the Elf was able to slip past their blades without a scratch on her. She moved nimbly, hood falling to her shoulders after dodging Raze's lunge to reveal her facial features. While the frontline of Aster's party tried to draw first blood, the healer simply stood and watched, trying to analyze anything she could find to give them an advantage. The girl quickly felt herself scowl under her breath. "I can't get those stat-boosting abilities quickly enough..." She muttered.

-No Action Taken-

Enemies:

Dazia watched as the Dark Elf effortlessly dodged Raze's and Vigilon's attacks, and she knew it was the elf's turn to make a move. Dazia jumped out of the way when The Dark Elf rushed for her, the knife in view. Apparently the Elf assumed Dazia would just stand there, and since she jumped when she tried to stab Dazia, she crashed on the ground instead. "Did you think I was the cliché weakling?" "You're weak, but I didn't expect that. Nonetheless..." So what? If someone else got the Elf's attention, Dazia would be the least of her priorities. Victory was guaranteed, but it would either take a while or no time at all depending on her allies' accuracy, which would hopefully have improved by now, and Dazia had seen that this Dark Elf seemed the slippery kind, waiting for the opportunity to quickly dodge the attack, and then do so.

ID# 87696 MOB: 2(Critical miss)

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

-Dazia takes no action-

Enemies:

Edited by Dazia

Vigilon was dismayed over the fact that nobody landed a hit on the Dark Elf. And, it was apparently female. Well, she's still a Dark Elf, so what the heck. Vigilon watched as the Dark Elf tried to attack Dazia, but missed in the way that he guessed either Dazia was really clever, or the Elf messed up. Probably both. "I'm not letting this player die today! Besides, I'm the worse threat! It's me you want!" He charged to attack with Snake Bite, but once again all three strikes were dodged. Maybe he shouldn't have yelled out before his attack. The Dark Elf scoffed, and with a low sweep, caused Vigilon to fall on his back. "Dagnabit, for crying out loud..." Hopefully Raze would get her attention before this problem escalated, and Vigilon began thinking she had some kind of rabbit foot or something that made her luckier then even those freaking boars. "This is ridiculous, she couldn't possibly be this lucky!"

ID# 87741 BD: 2(Crit. miss!)

Snake Bite-Failed!

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

Vigilon: HP 180/180, EP 16/20

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

OOC: (doing combat edits)

Raze thrust forced his to drag his feet on the ground, the momentum carrying him forward. Glancing over his shoulder as he slows to face the enemy combatant once more, he notices the failed attacks of the Dark Elf, who has now revealed herself as female. Strange, I don't recall being able to identify the other ones I have fought. Not that it matters.

Finally coming to a halt, Raze shoulders his sword and calmly walks towards the combat that he slid past, quickly assessing the situation. Raze's eyes widen in disbelief as the elf nimbly dodges another flurry of strikes from Vigilon.

Suddenly it clicked, perhaps if I used a area attack, that would improve the chances of an attack hitting. And while this wasn't necessarily true, Raze's logic decided his actions.

Raze set his sword behind him and activated his sword art, with a loud <<blast>>, Raze swung the huge blade in a sweeping motion. The dark elf seemed almost giddy at the ease of this combat, leaping over the first slash, and rolling under the next. On the back swing of the weapon, Raze got his weapon caught into the nearby foliage, biting into the bark of the tree and holding fast.

Raze frowned deeper, and almost seemed to growl.

ID# 87752 results:

Battle: 1(critical miss) -0 damage

<<Blast>> - Failed!

Raze: HP 180/180, EP 12/18

Enemies:

Edited by Raze

'Hmph, at this rate we'll be here all day.' Aster frowned at the thought. The Dark Elf wasn't posing an immediate threat, but simply seemed to find enjoyment in dancing around the battlefield. Surely, if the creature wasn't already getting on her teammates' nerves, Aster assumed their patience wouldn't last much longer.

Despite her reserve to only heal the wounded, the ginger felt she would likely go mad before the Dark Elf felt the motivation to injure one of them. Letting out a tiny sigh, Aster pushed at the frame of her glasses with her fingertips. Raze's blade was glowing brightly as it sliced through the air, and the Elf's tumble beneath its range left her closer to Dazia and Aster, perhaps planning to attempt another swing at the raven-haired girl. The Dark Elf gave the knife in her hand a taunting twirl as she faced the two girls. Having observed the enemy's patterns, Aster had formed a plan. 'Well, more of a gamble, really.' She reminded herself as she took action. The girl dashed forward, delivering a straight punch towards the Elf's torso with her left fist. As the cloaked figure dodged the attack with ease, Aster immediately extended her other arm to shove the creature's shoulder forward. Taking her by surprise, the Elf's back was left exposed, allowing Aster to step forward and deliver an underhanded strike into the square of her back. Seconds before impact, Aster's handwraps began to crackle with energy. Orange-tinted sparks of lightning danced around her wrist and hand, jumping eagerly to the Elf's body the moment her fist made contact with the creature.

ID# 87753 - BD 8: Hit - Paralyze Activated!

1 (Minimum) DMG

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 89/90 - Paralyzed

Edited by Aster

Dazia watched, and shook her head when the sword wielders failed to leave a scratch yet again. "So much for brave swordsmen." The Dark Elf scoffed at Vigilon's attempt, and swept one of her legs against his to knock him over. "Absolutely pathetic. You call yourself a swordsman, don't you? Pitiful fool..." The Dark Elf easily evaded Raze's next attack. "Oh, now, this is just too easy... I could get you both and neither you wouldn't be able to land a scratch on me... Perhaps I could go for a different target..." She smiled in a sinister manner at Aster and Dazia. Aster struck the Dark Elf from behind after the first hit missed, paralyzing her. "Agh! Y-you..." Aster had definitely got her attention. Dazia had to do something... She tried to thrust for the Dark Elf, but the creature fell to the ground as Dazia rushed for her. She kept going and crashed, but that wasn't going to stop her. "Figures, but this mishap won't stop me..." Dazia was sick of the Dark Elf's unusual luck, but eventually she will fall.

@Vigilon @Raze @Aster

ID# 87826 BD: 1(Critical miss)

15 Light Points have been added to Dazia's Journal

[1] Aster: HP 340/340, EP 34/34
Dazia: HP 20/20, EP 0/2

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 89/90 [Paralyzed]

OOC: I added the Hate for you, Aster, I hope you don't mind.

Edited by Dazia

Vigilon was annoyed over the fact that the second attempt still had little result. Until Aster paralyzed the Dark Elf. "Well, at least this is better than missing all the time..." Well, after the failed attack, it would be better to make a successful one on the next try. Finally, he actually hit the stupid Dark Elf with snake bite. Veriost was eager to help, breathing frost right on the Dark Elf's paralyzed face. "Fo!!!" "Well, now, how does it feel to be helpless? Sucks, doesn't it?" Clearly, he must have pissed off the Dark Elf by now, but either way, damage was dealt, and the Dark Elf wouldn't be targeting Dazia at the moment. Vigilon noticed that Raze's blade got stuck in a tree. Typical, and all swordsmen usually had this problem, so Vigilon wasn't surprised. "Need some help there?" Well, if Raze was going to help, Vigilon might as well help the guy out first, since the Dark Elf is paralyzed.

ID# 87846 BD: 5+1=6(Hit) CD: 7(Recovered 2 Additional Energy)

@Raze @Aster @Dazia

Snake Bite-5*3x1=15

[1] Vigilon: HP 180/180, EP 15/20

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 74/90 [Paralyzed]

Edited by Vigilon

With a great heave, Raze ripped his weapon free from the tree's trunk, bark spraying everywhere. Slightly irritated, he flicked the large blade to one side, scattering the remains of plant life across the forest soil, bringing the blade up to rest on his shoulder. Paralyzed? Raze wondered as he witnessed Aster's success. I can't let our healer take the heat. What kind of person lets a non-combative doctor get within 'harms' reach? Muttering a unknown expletive under his breath, Raze grips his great sword so tightly that his knuckles crack. It's about time to be useful. I have and seemingly always will hold back those whom I join in battle, That much hasn't changed.

"At least.. It hasn't changed yet..." he murmurs. The elf was distracted, or so it seemed, the perfect opportunity for the silver haired man. Violet eyes flickering as if a light behind them begins to fade, he drops his sword from its perch on his shoulder plates, activating another thrust <<Straight>> for the dark elf as the massive sword's falling point comes in line with the agile monster. Raze charges forward, red energy streaming off his sword like wine flowing from an overfilled goblet. As he closes the gap he smiles slightly, observing the very first instance of significant damage to the creature, perhaps I can knock it down a few hit points myself.

But the elf was not distracted at all, in fact she was seamlessly keeping track of the entire party's movements and had, (at the last second), gently deflected Raze's strike past her harmlessly. "How absurd. Of all of them, the biggest one is the most incapable." The dark elf says through clenched teeth. How is she so mobile? Shouldn't she be paralyzed?!

ID# 87913 results:

Battle: 4(miss) - 0 damage

<<Straight>> - Failed!

Raze: HP 180/180, EP 10/18

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 74/90 [Paralyzed]

Edited by Raze
roll

(OOC: Thank you!)

Aster felt her jaw clench as the battle continued. She had disengaged from close range with the Elf, allowing her party to take their shots and hopefully get herself out of harm's way. Their enemy had taken a bit of damage, but still stood tall among them, throwing out quips and insults at them all the same. The ginger let out a small huff through her nose, a light scowl on her expression as she weird her options. Vigilon had gotten a solid hit on the creature as well, meaning that they were tied for the Dark Elf's attention. If she landed another hit, she would be the target of the Elf's knife. Even though her health pool was the highest of the group and she had a decent amount of mitigation from her armor, she didn't want to be taking the heat just because of her level. The healer decided to stay backed off, wondering who the Dark Elf would come after first. Meanwhile, she cursed herself for not being better prepared, although she couldn't have foreseen taking this quest with a party of four. 'Accuracy is lacking.' She thought, curious if she knew an alchemical recipe to provide that stat. It wasn't something she'd made before, so she made a mental note to check her notes the next time she was back in her shop.

-No Action Taken-

Raze: HP 180/180, EP 10/18

Enemies:
Dark Elf: HP 74/90