[SP-F01] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> Stretching Some Unused Muscles [Completed]

"How long has it been?" Crozeph murmured as he walked on the road. Keeping himself inside a cave and killing mob animals for food was his life, he didn't know when it started but he knew that it ended now. "What did I miss?" he asked himself, trying to peer into his inventory only to see a handful of what he has now after his solitary life in some damned forest on programmer-knows-where floor. Crozeph knew the road, possibly because he was always there in his early days. His side by side battle with his trusted comrade Arekkusu, helping out Ariel on some quest, and others. "Why was I living a pathetic life back then?" asking himself why he decided to rot or be covered by forest life for so long. He didn't want to run away from Mari and Cerulean Silence or maybe she'll hunt her down "that woman is unpredictable, caution is advised on women with sick dagger skills..." Crozeph placed his both hands inside the pocket of his coat "...caution is advised." he told himself. 

It took a few hours for him to see the Town of Beginnings. Crozeph didn't like crowds so it is a prelude to hell for him to be inside the bustling city again "if this isn't a safe zone I won't be here the first two minutes after logging in" he said to himself. Crozeph unstrapped the katana from his back and tied it on his side, to keep unwanted attention from his uniquely colored weapon. As he continued to move along with the large crowd of players, Crozeph stopped in front of a building "I can sense SPs from this place, not that its a skill.." Crozeph reached for the doorknob and entered the building "...just a gut feeling" he told himself.

Edited by Crozeph

Crozeph buttoned his coat and put on the hood, he didn't want anyone new to remember him just yet. As he peered inside the building he could see various items one would normally see in a shop "this is place is a little chemical-ish" he told himself. Seeing flasks and materials along with healing potions made Crozeph remember his old friend and guild leader, Azide "I've got to find him and ask some info" he thought. For so many days passing by, Crozeph knew some would search for him and some "discard me from their memories like a glitch." Crozeph keep on looking around and noticed a bottle with a dark liquid "you some kind of smokescreen or something?" he asked the bottle. "That is if the liquid vaporizes" a voice of man was heard from behind Crozeph. The black-hooded swordsman quickly grabbed the hilt of his katana and glared quickly at the man behind him, eager to cut open the throat of any threat...if there is a throat to aim. "Such dexterity, such agility, I'm assuming you finish things quickly with that sword of yours eh?" The man asked him. Crozeph then slowly moved his hand away from the hilt of his katana and stood properly "sorry about that, sometimes I hate my reaction time on most things but..." Crozeph patted the hilt of his katana "this weapon makes it easier to deal with things rather than finish it faster" he told the man.

The man chuckled at the response of the raven-haired boy "my name is Zackariah, I'm currently into the goal of helping new players and that of course is not an easy task" he uttered as he grabbed a flask from his table "well some might be troublesome, I prefer telling them what's nice to do or not to get killed you know..." Crozeph pulled down his hood "...motivation, encouragement, pep talk" he told Zackariah. Zackariah looked at Crozeph "sharp eyes, not a skill but naturally sharp eyes" he said. Crozeph gave a bored look "huh? I do much of emotionless eyes than having sharp eyes" he told Zackariah "exactly, you never let your emotions interfere with the goal most of the time, I think this quest will suit you" he told Crozeph, smiling in amusement.

Crozeph crossed his arms as Zackariah is about to tell him something to do as a quest "so I'll be doing something then for you and for the benefit of new players? or just plainly a quest that an NPC-ish man will give?" he asked Zackariah as he nodded his head, eager to listen and now eager to do things right without wasting time "I need to up my equipments from here, the frontlines are calling me, and Azide might just be there" he thought. Crozeph could only imagine fighting alongside his former Square One guildmates in the frontlines. Crozeph then lowered his arm "so tell me Zacky, what do I have to do? slay some wicked programs?" he asked. Zackariah looked down on the floor and rubbed his beard "you'll be fetching me 5 tier 1 materials from non-combat gathering" he told the raven-haired boy "what?!" he uttered "that's a little bit easy but..." Crozeph rested his right hand on his katana "I'll see to it that I'll fetch it for you" he replied and turned around "this is not meant for a crow but I guess I just have to deal with this" he muttered as he got out and closed the door leaving Zackariah with his bottles and flask.

Crozeph walked out of the building and made his way to the always busy streets of Floor 1. He had to get some materials for his quest and that means searching outside of town turning any rock that is not turned upside down. "There is always danger so I better keep on my toes and be alert" he told himself. It wasn't easy moving and making his way out of the town without dodging other players and a pack of guild members wearing heavy armor "I bet some of them are douche in their own way" he thought. Crozeph never like the concept of heavy armor and handling spears and axes "it's all about speed and precision for me" this thoughts ran inside his head. 

After a few minutes, Crozeph finally made it out of the town and saw that a forest was nearby. He forgot what it was called but he knew he had to get this quest done quickly, who knows if there are still some things to do after gathering the materials required. Crozeph walked a few miles inside the forest, savoring the peace and quiet of the place. The trees gave off a relaxing sound as the wind blew on them. There were birds chirping, cicadas making weird sound along with crickets. Crozeph tried to look for something that would have materials and saw a tree with a few medium-sized boulders "well that seemed like a good place to start" he said as he quickly approached.

Crozeph stood in front of the tree and looked at the boulders "this is why I hate non-combat material gathering" Crozeph began digging in and examining everything that may seem to be useful and can be called as materials. He then pulled out his katana and slashed at the first boulder he could reach leaving a scratch on "let's try the second time" Crozeph gripped his katana and slashed again, this time aimed at the scratch he made. The slash was strong enough causing the boulder to shatter but to Crozeph's dismay there was no materials under the boulder. He then proceeded to slash at the tree leaving a gash on its trunk, waiting for something to happen but the tree also gave him a disappointing result. Crozeph sheathed his katana back and sighed "this was never my metier" he mumbled. The raven-haired player crossed his arm and looked around "now where can I find another place for the materials needed" he thought to himself, the success of the quest still ran on his mind.

LD: 4 [ID: 87721] no materials found

Edited by Crozeph

As Crozeph continued to search for materials he noticed pile of woods from afar "that one might have something" Crozeph thought as he began making his way towards where the pile are. Crozeph jumped from one boulder to another upwards. It was risky, some of them were smeared with moss and some are wet from the moist of the morning dew. Crozeph couldn't help it, he needed to find materials for his quest and he can't just be complacent or lazy about it that he's not taking any risk, even danger might come his way for all he knows. Crozeph reached the pile after a few minutes and began grabbing one piece of wood to another and tossed it away, not knowing whether he would hit someone with it. He was too focused on trying to find something under the pile and minutes passed by but Crozeph only saw the remains of another tree "must've been struck by lightning eh?" Crozeph then stood up and thought hard, where could he find another place.

He only needed five and then he can go back to Zackariah and receive his rewards, that is if there is nothing else to do. Crozeph tried examining the area, he didn't have the search or gatherer skills but he was planning to get the skills "they might come in handy but I guess not today" he said to himself. He made his way down after a few minutes of standing by and reach the path where he was a while ago "this might take a while." 

LD: 8 [ID:87722] no materials found

Edited by Crozeph

The tall trees shielded Crozeph from the heat of the sun, although he hasn't heard of someone dying of heatstroke. It was irritating for him to be exposed to the sun that's why he chose to open shop at floor 10 where all the places are warmth by the lantern. As Crozeph continued to walk, he began listing what he would do once he gets his quest done. "It feels like there's a new system update, like who would update this game that'll kill anyone" he thought to himself. Crozeph had a gut feeling that a lot of players have gotten stronger than him already and he can only think of a system update as a pathetic reason he can't keep up. A few minutes passed away but Crozeph couldn't find a good spot on where to find materials. Maybe he is searching for the wrong place but other than that, he's just not that lucky today "not today" he mumbled. Crozeph tried to dig something from under a soft spot in a soil beside the rock and found nothing and then he proceeded to destroy the rock beside him and still find nothing. "I need to find a better spot and not get lost at the same time" Crozeph then continued walking deeper to the forest and hoped to find materials to give to Zackariah and get on with his other agendas. 

LD: 5 [87723] no materials found

Edited by Crozeph

Calm as he can be, Crozeph sat down on a boulder and tried to rethink of what to do. The Town of Beginnings is stil visible from afar and Crozeph knew that everything is still fine, while it also offers him little chance of obtaining materials. "I don't want to stay here until sunset, I've got to wrap this up quicker than I plan to" he then scratched his head and stood up, turning over the thoughts of going much more deeper to the forest for better chance of getting materials. "Ok this is now or no materials at all" Crozeph pulled his hood and began to dash into the forest. 

Birds flew up as a sudden appearance of Crozeph running into the forest and upsetting the peace. Crozeph had to make a much more risky decision on where to look and the first one he eyed is a path of flowers with some other plant beneath it "please be kind to me and give me what I need" he told the flowers. Crozeph pulled out a couple of flowers big enough for him to start digging and tilling the ground. A few minutes later, Crozeph still found nothing and sighed before standing up "not today" he muttered again.

LD: 7 [87730] no materials found

Turning his head left and right was all he could do at the moment, he wasn't planning on wasting his energy running around but only to keep his eyes sharp. Crozeph walked around the field just before the flower patch. There are butterflies and bees hovering on the flowers and Crozeph admired the hard work being seen from them. After a few seconds Crozeph turned around and resumed material gathering. He gazed at the giant rocks and one boulder that had a crack on the side and a gash on the other like someone with hard nails scratched on it. Crozeph moved in but cautious he knew something happened earlier at that place. He examined the crack and the scratches "probably some player versus mob or a territorial dispute on mobs" He thought as he drew out his katana "but I kinda have a feeling this has something" Crozeph quickly slashed at the boulder shattering it completely. Shards flew and the boulder disappeared and Crozeph saw a material in front of him "well I'll be damned, after many attempts" Crozeph picked up the material and placed it as his inventory. He then sheathed his katana and let out a sigh of relief "one down, four to go." 

LD: 14 [ID: 87732] 1 quest material found

The next area was completely quiet, deafening that Crozeph didn't like how it sounded quiet. As he continued to walk into the deeper part of the forest, he mused to himself how things would be a lot easier if he had enhancements for looking. To his dismay, Crozeph really wasn't in the mood to have those kinds of skill or acquired them as top priority. The place was already getting a little damp "there must be a stream or river nearby..." Crozeph looked around him "...or maybe the ground is meant to be like this" he thought. It was getting a little boring with the whole search for materials thing, if it wasn't for the rewards that he'll reap he wouldn't be bothering about looking for materials.

As the minutes pass by while he walked, a strange smell caught his attention. It was different from the scents he has been picking up and Crozeph knew that something was not amiss. He quickly looked around, not on the ground but on the trees around him. There was something, something that he can find as a material. It didn't take that long for Crozeph to find what he's trying to find with a scent to start with. Crozeph eagerly climbed the tree and saw a nest, a giant nest and inside it a material that Zackariah might be able to use "looks like I'll be taking this one, hope nobody's home" he said as he quickly picked up the material and jumped down from the tree.

[87919] LD: 16 = 1 quest material found

2/5 materials acquired

The raven-haired boy chuckled as he gave thought of three more materials to find and then he can return to Zackariah. Crozeph never liked the idea of staying out late in the forest, roaming and gathering materials. "Player killers are still roaming around like the animals or mobs here" he thought as he looked around the circle of trees where he found the previous material. Crozeph has already met a decent amount of player killers, two actually. Even with the same status of being a player killer, they were opposite beings in the eyes of the crow. One was cocky and has the swagger enough to make Crozeph laugh and the other "an emotionally unstable, dagger wielding, pink filled person" he uttered as he remembered the days he was roaming around. Who would've thought that he'd still be alive after meeting them. "I could've been killed..." Crozeph rubbed his chin "...Mari would skewer me if she was in the mood and if we ever cross paths again" he thought. It was different with the Daeron, he was more like a warrior who fought many battles and brags it. Crozeph could remember facing powerful mobs with the player killer who was confident that he'll win "it was different for me, it was a death wish for the crow" he shook his head at disbelief. 

As he stood still and reminisced about his days, a pungent smell caught his attention again "there's another one here" he thought. Crozeph climb up the tree behind him where the material was found earlier. As he made his way up, Crozeph it. another one of the same material was there. Without hesitation, Crozeph made his way to the other material and grabbed it "lucky enough to find two materials at the same place" he said to himself.

[ID: 87920] LD: 20 1 material found

3/5 quest materials found

Edited by Crozeph
double posted the same reply

The placed looked dimmer as the tall trees just a few feet away from Crozeph covered the sunlight. It was serene and peaceful but Crozeph never enjoyed too quiet places. He began making his way to where open fields might be and tried to gain advantage of having open spaces. As he tried to find the end of the thick forest, Crozeph stumbled upon something which he suspected is a material. He eyed the stump on the ground and deduced whether there might be materials or not. What culd go wrong if he tries to destroy the stump and dig beneath. He might just use one of his lucky cookies figuratively and find another material to make things easier. Crozeph unsheathed his katana and prepared to destroy the stump, samurai style. Crozeph's sharp eyes are fixated on the stump, he knew and always knew that swordsmanship requires a well-trained hand-eye coordination...no blinking in the moment you slash at something or at someone. With one quick slash, the stump shattered and turned into fragments. A hole was revealed after it but to Crozeph's annoyance, there was no sign that a material can be gathered. He sheathed his katana and scratched his forehead "now where can I find another quick, wild animals are not fun when they're trying to sne..." Crozeph stood still, he knew someone or something entered his perimeter and it could only mean an intruder. 

Crozeph turned his head slowly and saw a tall tree-like creature approaching. It was a few feet taller than Crozeph and arms reaching down to its knees. The creature was like a human cursed and was turned into a living and walking tree. Unfortunately, Crozeph had to deal with this mob before he could go back to searching for materials. The creature raised its both arms and began walking towards Crozeph "now you're walking, later you'll be dead."

Ent

HP: 140/140 || damage: 48

Edited by Crozeph

The Ent moved slowly but each step covered a few decent feet. It has arms long enough to reach anyone before they could get a good distance to attack. Crozeph saw that disadvantage and it was obvious. "I guess I'll have to resort on long-ranged slashes" Crozeph said as he watched the Ent close in to him. Crozeph placed his left foot forward and placed his left hand on the hilt of Bleeding Dove, read to smite the creature and try to gain advantage of the open field where he is at. "Closer..." he whispered. The Ent raised its right arm, it is going to reach for Crozeph as soon as the distance is at its arm's length. Crozeph clearly saw the tactic and he knew that he better make the first attack as quick as lightning to give him time to block or at least dodge the attack of the Ent.

The distance closed into four feet and the Ent let out a loud roar as its raised right arm began making its crash at Crozeph "not gonna let you have all the fun" Crozeph pulled out his sword and began using his favorite attack ever since he found out and learned about sword arts. A precise and quick attack, single but deadly "sword art: Tsuji Kaze" The Ent slammed its arm to Crozeph who quickly drew his katana slashing at the arm and cutting through it up to the Ent's chest. Crozeph then let out a roar in response to the Ent and both his attack and the Ent reached each other. The creature let out a loud cry as its right arm flew away while Crozeph was pushed back so strong he rolled a couple of times trampling the flowers around them. As the Ent continued is outburst of pain, Crozeph stood up and laughed "I just pruned you and you're all tantrums and stuff!" he yelled and placed his left hand on the katana he sheathed quickly "let's go and try another clash, I missed this adrenaline feeling."

battle result:

[ID: 87923]

BD: 10 || MD: 7

Crozeph

HP: 250/280 || Energy: 24/28

(9 base dmg + 2 critical) (1x4 sword art) = 44

Ent

HP: 100/140

dmg: 48 - 12 mit = 30

Edited by Crozeph

Crozeph watched and chuckled as he saw the Ent flail violently as its arms got cut off "oh please, you're surrounded by nature..." Crozeph stood up and coughed "just regenerate it back" he told the Ent while sheathing his katana. The cry of the Ent subsided a little and replaced by a growl at Crozeph. The raven-haired boy continued to coughed after the attack earlier and knew that the attack was not a simple one from a forest creature. Crozeph then charged at the creature who did the same. Both are eager to kill each other, but the reasons for the mob is unknown. As Crozeph dashed towards his enemy, he thought of what skill to use to completely put his enemy at a disadvantage. "I have to stun it so I can still deal an extra attack" he thought. The Ent quickly lunged at Crozeph but the boy saw where the Ent would slam itself  and safely roll away. Crozeph then quickly stood up and made his way to the Ent "what sword art to use?" he asked himself as he closes the distance on the Ent who lost balance after lunging at him. "Now, I gotta use my most powerful but not yet mastered sword art" he said.

Crozeph reached the Ent just in time for it to turn to him "too slow, too bad" Crozeph slashed at the face of the Ent and and moved in closer fast enough "go to hell!" he then clenched his fist and punched the Ent at the face. The Ent lost a few of its balance before it could retaliate but Crozeph was eager to cut the creature and end its life so he doesn't have to deal with it much longer. The Ent raised its left arm, ready to sweep Crozeph "oh no you don't..." Crozeph slashed at the Ent and moved fast enough to avoid its left arm "this is..." Crozeph stood still after moving away "...Ra Setsu" he uttered. The Ent was stunned and Crozeph knew that this is much more greater of a disadvantage for him to launch another attack.

Battle result:

[ID: 87924]

BD: 8 || MD: 3

Crozeph 

220/280 || 13/28

(9 base dmg) (6 sword art) = 54 dmg

Ent

46/140

Edited by Crozeph

The final blow is about to be dealt and Crozeph can return to finding materials for his quest. The Ent was stunned and Crozeph has the clear view of his enemy. He sheathe his sword and walked towards the stunned mob, right arm cut off and left arm growing back but it was useless to fight. Crozeph walked closer and looked at the Ent who is trying to raise its arms to attack Crozeph. "You remind me of a comic book character" he told the mob. It has always been a habit of Crozeph to talked to the monsters who remain still before getting killed. He knew they were programs and programmed to kill them all, a self-explanatory thing for him. Crozeph knew that he only need one quick attack, not to fancy and not boring to look at too. Leaves began falling down from the Ent, it looks like Crozeph has already drained it of health points and only needed to be finished. Crozeph placed his hand on the hilt of Bleeding Dove and looked at the Ent, even though its eyes are not human enough. "You should've picked on me way, way, back" he told the Ent "you could've been successful on killing me" he added. Crozeph drew out Bleeding Dove and slashed at the stunned Ent. a half-circle motion or slash was the last thing that the Ent saw before it shattered to pieces. A quick and precise death fitting for the likes of the Crow "Gen Getsu" he uttered before sheathing his katana.

Battle Results

[ID: 87932]

BD: 8 || MD: 6

Crozeph

HP: 220/280 || Energy: 7/38

9 damage x 6 sword art = 54 damage

Ent 

0/140

The battle was over but not the quest, Crozeph knew he wasted a bit of time and shortened his goal of coming back to the city before night fall. The place had scattered branches and twigs from the defeated Ent, slowly shattering and rising up to the sky. He never had a hard time facing mobs but this time, Crozeph could feel the rising challenge and how an Ent could deal such damage to him. Crozeph brushed his hair up but his fringes fell back into place. "I should be getting all materials and return to Zackariah" he told himself. As Crozeph began moving, a notification appeared before him telling him of the loot that he has acquired from killing the Ent "looks like I earned a little something from that monster" he thought Croeph moved back to where he killed the mob and saw that there are some loot scattered on the grass. Crozeph picked them up and placed it all inside his inventory. He could at least have a little something for himself even when he's searching for materials from Zackariah.

Loot:

[ID: 87993]

LD: 2 || CD: 7

420 col

Edited by Crozeph
col gain edit
  • 2 weeks later...

A few hours later has passed but it seems the materials a re much more harder to find than he expected. The weather might be good but his luck wasn't "after this quest I should be able to raise my evasion a bit" he told himself. Crozeph wasn't that much of a tank, it's either dodge the sword or meet its destined place. For someone who has watched so many war movies and read a lot of books about medieval fiction, Crozeph is a bit versed on how things work. Not to mention the games that he played before he was trapped inside the game. Crozeph's eyes darted left and right looking for something to bring back and it seems he found one. Among the boulders that are there, Crozeph seems to find one that is reduced to rubble. He moved towards it and kicked a large chunk of the stone "now what do we have here?" Crozeph unsheathe his sword and slashed violently at the large chunks which was decimated to even smaller pieces. 

After a few seconds, Crozeph saw the fruit of his not so hard labor. A material has been found on beneath the rubble. Crozeph picked it up and placed it inside his inventory. "ok just a little bit more and I'll be able to go back to town now" he told himself before walking away from the place where he saw the material.

• [ID: 88293] LD: 20
  • 4/5 quest materials found
  • 10 HP recovered [230/280]

The nearby boulders were Crozeph's next target, hoping that he might get back to the town and finish the quest as fast as he can. It was a boulder that reaches up to his chest in height but wide enough for someone to be able to rest. Beside it are mosses and bushes, there might be materials beneath but Crozeph ws focused on the crevice at the boulder. He's been seeing a lot lately and Crozeph felt like something was a bit off. For all he know there could be something that is more dangerous than the Ent that he fought earlier. Crozeph drew out his katana and began slashing at the crevice of the boulder. He did not slashed at it repeatedly, Crozeph hate unnecessary attacks. With precise movements and sword stances, Crozeph was able to shave off a huge part of the rock though it is no easy task. Crozeph then reached out his hand inside and tried to grab something but it seems like there won't be anything useful to expect. He then let out a sigh and looked around him. The forest was green and lush, there could be more materials there.

• [ID:88331] LD: 8
  • no quest material found

Crozeph eyed the bushes beside the boulder that he just shaved or carved. There was a bunch of little berry-like fruits it has, though Crozeph has doubts if it is edible. His thoughts ran down to the roots of the bushes and what it can have beneath the soil. It was a chance that he is willing to take just to finish the quest and gain something for himself. Crozeph raised his katana and slashed at the bushes, short and precise and resultin to less tiring of cutting it all down. After a minute or two the whole bushes were nothing but stumps because of what Crozeph did. It was better than walking a few feet back and then finding nothing. He could at least just stick to looking in circles in one place so that his chances of missing the material may thin out. Crozeph reached out his both hands and gripped the stump of the bushes. There was something beneath and Crozeph knew it. All of a sudden the stump gave way and Crozeph landed on his back with the roots on his hands. He sat down and let out a frustrated sigh which was followed by a different expression as he saw a material on the place where he pulled the stump. Crozeph quickly grabbed the material and dusted himself of the dirt and leaves that clung to his coat "finally I can back and finish this once and for all" he told himself.

• [88332] LD: 12
  • 5/5 quest material found
  • 10 HP regained [250/280]

Walking aimlessly was what it looked like at a glance but Crozeph was deep in his thoughts as he finally completed his task. He could only think of where to invest his skill points once it reaches completion. Should he level up his skills? or invest on utility skills or new ones? It was what ran inside his head. He was also putting into consideration about buying a pair or gloves or a gauntlet for smacking down his enemies but then it would be a bit useless if he doesn't have a martial arts skill "maybe do it just for the buffs" he mumbled to himself. The place was getting a little dimmer, it seems that Crozeph has taken too long with just fetching for materials "man, I suck at getting materials" he told himself. It might be a bad idea for him to be one of materials gatherer players around Aincrad. Crozeph has been thinking of being a merchant and collecting items and selling them at his shop. Some might find interesting stuff and buy it off, he could never know unless he tries it. His thoughts went back to his quest and tried to mull over it a little more as he walked towards the open field.

This exit wasn't going to be easy. As Crozeph saw the path leading to the open field, a shadow loomed before it. Crozeph squinted his eyes to see what or who it might be. As he walked towards the silhouette, a roar suddenly burst from the silhouette. Crozeph's hood fluttered as the roar echoes  followed by loud and heavy footsteps. It was a figure that is common on forests like this but Crozeph never had the idea of meeting something ferocious "ah biscuit, why would you be standing in my way?" he asked the huge animals as it smashed both its fists on the ground. "ok gorilla, let's have a bit of  stretch with our limbs" Crozeph uttered as he unsheathe his katana.

• enemy encounter
  • Angry Gorilla [HP: 140] [dmg: 48]
  • Crozeph [HP: 260/280] [Energy: 28/28