<< PP - F1 - Earning A Living (Alchemist) >> Acid Trip << COMPLETE >>

2dbbdf424f25705585d60c18e38a4b25--wood-e

Reading about alchemy is like reading a book of potions that actually exist, except the potions aren't actually magical elixirs and would only harm your organs if drunk heartily. Since his final years in primary school, he had read several books about alchemy, fascinated how different medieval chemistry were than the modern ones. Thanks to the fact that they hadn't found gas yet, crucial to the true understanding of chemistry, people make various assumptions, nonsensical or not. 

Now chemistry is no longer a thing connected to mythologies and legends, but rather, they are all scientific and reality based, no bullshit. And though Ichi understood that, he was still bummed that magical potions or splash potions do not exist in the real world.

And now that he is in SAO, he realizes that he can, in fact, try to make potions by himself. And that puts him in a jolly mood today. Lately, he has been looking at various types of potions and their effects. The ingredients though, are a little hard to know about as some alchemists prefer to be silent about the recipes. To discourage 'thief', so they say.

Ichi is now standing at the gates of the Starting City, wondering if he could search for some alchemic materials alone or with somebody to speed up the progress. The only recipe he managed to find out about so far is one that consists of red and blue shrooms, nectar and two bases.

Edited by Ichi

Vigilon was walking in the Town Of Beginnings as usual, since he would be doing that for a bit longer before actually starting his own shop. He'd put it off for so long, but at least he'd found a good place to start it in. For now, he was looking around town for something he could do. Soon, he reached the gate, and noticed a player standing there. "Well, I guess this player will do. Some players that stand near the gates usually need some help every now and then..." He nudged his familiar, Veriost, awake, and the small white frost dragon yawned and stretched. By now, Vigilon was used to Veriost sleeping on his shoulder. Veriost looked down toward Vigilon's pocket, where he normally placed items and materials to stash them in his inventory. "Grrrmm..." Vigilon noticed she was looking down there. He smirked and said, "Practice patience, Veriost, I'll give you the cookies then." Veriost rolled her eyes in aggravation. This could take a while... He walked over to the player he saw. "So, you up to something?"

@Ichi

Edited by Vigilon

Looking at the clouds is a pleasant thing to do, until somebody is speaking to Ichi, who turns his head immediately and looks at you and your familiar. He is surprised that he never knew about the familiar system in Aincrad, what can he ever keep as pets and where can he find them? Does he has to tame them with food, compassion or something? Nevertheless, it is probably something that isn't really important to his status, unless they are proved to be very helpful in combat...

Ichi's gaze looks back at you nervously as he bows down and says in a timid voice, "W..well, yeah. I want to make...one potion. Just one, as a test for alchemic stuff. Y-you want to help?"

He points his finger towards a tree in the distance. "There are some shrooms over that tree with rising branches. I want to pick up some of them."

@Vigilon

Edited by Ichi

Vigilon noticed how this player seemed timid and nervous by the way he spoke. "So, you want to be an alchemist? or are you here to gather and practice before returning to a shop? Either way, I'd be happy to help. Once we have those mushrooms, I know of a place in this floor where there aren't many mobs, and plenty of materials to find, if you don't mind going there afterward." He walked out of the safe zone to begin his part in the search. However, he didn't exactly find any materials, other than getting another glimpse of that tree with the mushrooms. "Well, it's still much easier said than done..." He muttered. Materials weren't always easy to find, in fact, it was very hit or miss. Veriost took to the air for a minute or two, then landed back on Vigilon's shoulder. Right now, he needed to focus on the current situation. The player he was helping, and the mushrooms that needed to be picked up from over at that tree.

ID# 87997 LD: 2+1=3(Failed)

@Ichi

Edited by Vigilon

Following your back, Ichi begins to look around for any stray mobs that may be nearby where they currently are. Even if the tree is close to them, he is afraid that some bug like a worm or beetle might ambush them now of nowhere. Not even his current level would ever help him in defending himself from surprise attacks. 

The breeze is smooth and cool today, if this place is a beach Ichi would already be in his swimming trunks and dive right into the shallow parts of the ocean. Or even build a sandcastle or a nude lady, hell if I know. Point is, Ichi's timidness begin to dim down as he is relaxed by the breeze, and now feels confident in helping you finding those shrooms too.

The few minutes of walking reaches their peak as both him and you now arrive at the trees. Surprisingly, those shrooms would be hard to find, as evidenced by your first failed attempt in finding them. Regardless, Ichi won't give up on this, and searches the fungi right away by prospecting the grass and near the tree and its branches.

...drat. Not a single one. He'll have to keep looking then.

ID: 87997

LD: 8 (Failed)

@Vigilon

Edited by Ichi

Vigilon began looking around for any other trees that could have the mushrooms the player spoke of. There was a tree near the tree he was just looking at, and there were the mushrooms. "There they are! I must have been looking at the wrong tree the other time." He had a bit of a hard time trying to pull it out, and when he did, it flew out of his hands and fell towards the player. Well, he was going to give the mushroom to the player anyway, so at least the player would still get it. Veriost got a little startled when the mushroom rocketed out of the ground and into the air. "Graaa!" Veriost attempted to blast the mushroom that was still in the air with her frost breath, but it was easy for her to do that as it was for a chicken to swim. In other words, she didn't manage to. "Calm down, Veriost! That just happens sometimes...I think."

ID# 88004 LD: 19+1=20(+1 T1 Mat)

1 T1 Mat given to @Ichi

Edited by Vigilon

Upon hearing your claims that you found one, Ichi turns his head towards your direction, and immediately gets his sights onto that bright fungi. The mushroom is a little smaller than he expected, but at least it is still useful as a viable alchemic ingredient. 

The shroom's stalk is entirely clad in white, and then there's the cap with two toned colors, red and blue. Color's damn bright, as if it is a warning to predators to not eat it, but said warning doesnt look flashy or unnerving.

As the shroom flies towards Ichi after you attempt to pick it up, he smiles brightly as he receives it. Now he can move on to finding other ingredients like nectar. 

"Thank you so much," he says as he bows towards you. "Let me see if there is one more I can find, then we move on."

Ichi hops on towards the tree's branches, and looks for any more shrooms thoroughly while trying not to rush. Sadly, his efforts also fail here, but it doesnt matter now that he has the fungi. He stands up and looks at you with a nod, ready to go further.

ID: 88012

LD: 14 (Failed)

@Vigilon

Edited by Ichi

Vigilon was happy to know that he'd helped this player at least a little, so why not continue on? "If you still need another mushroom, I'll see if I can't find another one." The other side of the tree he'd found it in was just where he needed to search. There was another one of those mushrooms right there. He plucked it from the ground(With some difficulty), and took it over to the other player. "Here's another one. Anything else you think you'll need?" Veriost slowly drew near to the mushroom Vigilon was handing over in order to examine it. She made a wry expression, shook her head in a split-second, sort of like the way chickens do, then she turned around and sneezed. "What? are you allergic to it something? I actually don't think so." Veriost landed on Vigilon's shoulder, and looked at him as if to say, "Yuck, that thing smells terrible..." "...I don't smell anything. Besides, not all mushrooms have a stench. Some actually smell pretty good, in fact." "Hfff."

ID# 88013 LD: 15+1=16(+1 T1 Mat)

1 T1 Mat given to @Ichi

Edited by Vigilon

Ichi chuckles a little as he observes the expressions of Veriost, which is overall adorable to watch. And damn, how in the world did you get to find those shrooms easily, he thinks to himself. Oh well, he is grateful to receive another one anyways, and he bows to you as thanks.

Storing the fungi into his inventory, Ichi gazes at you as he says, "There's a nectar I want to find next. I think...there is this part of the field where you can find several tree stumps...those so called stumps look like containers with lids. We can try to find the nectar there...if we are careful.."

He feels a little unnerved at the last sentence, looking at the horizon as he remembers that somebody that told him about the ingredients claimed that a giant caterpillar is guarding those stumps. It is easy to kill even for a low level player, but it has an obnoxious paralysis which can deliver to the victim via its spit. 

Damage aint fatal, but take it too much and it would be a problem. Or so he says.

Gulping, he smiles nervously as he glances at your face and your familiar, muttering audibly, "S..shall we go now?"

@Vigilon

Edited by Ichi

(OOC: So, do you mean to spawn a mob that has Paralyze? Or something else?)

Vigilon listened to what the player had to say about what he needed to find next. "Nectar, eh? As for being careful, I'm actually level nine, so I don't think you have to worry about that, as long as I take the hate, that is..." His voice changed to a mutter at that last part. He walked over to begin the next part of the search. He examined one spot with a stump, but there was no nectar to be found. "Say, where exactly among these things do you know the nectar is? 'Cause I sure as heck don't." Veriost was looking at something else. She started tugging on Vigilon's light armor coat. "If there's one thing I've recently learned about Veriost, it's that she only tugs at my light armor when there's something I should at least notice." He looked over to where she was pointing, and there just happened to be something there. "Um, whats that large caterpillar thing?"

ID# 88014 LD: 5+1=6(Failed)

@Ichi

Edited by Vigilon

1198c3dfbe93.jpg

(OOC: Eeyup. The mob will have a Paralyze attack. Details will be provided below)

Exploring the area alone is not really creepy, but the fact that the caterpillar could be anywhere nearby is enough for Ichi to draw out his sword and not letting his guard down. Letting you search one stump, he walks around to find any stumps that have 'lids', believing that the nectar would be stored in a secured state. After looking at two open stumps, he hears your call and quickly sprints towards you, expecting your find to be successful.

What he sees instead is a vile...larvae of some sort. And for a larvae, it is quite big...urgh. The larvae seems to be either sleeping or in some kind of hibernation state, because not a single part of its body ever moves. It is entirely creamy white, and more or less look like that maggot in Dark Souls. At least it won't seem to jump onto you or Ichi's head and plants eggs into both brains.

Ichi takes a step back as he keeps staring at the larvae, gritting his teeth out of revulsion. 

"K..keep watch," he mutters as he grips his iron sword tightly. After no more than five seconds, he hears a faint noise of hissing mixed with a hint of sliminess. 

Swiftly, he turns around and becomes surprised to see an actual, large caterpillar coming out of nowhere, and it is now slowly creeping up to the party. The creature's build is similar to that of an ordinary caterpillar, except it has four limbs that can be used to attack, though the physical damage is pretty pathetic. It has a pair of tiny, needle-like mandibles at its mouth, capable of paralyzing any victim that it bites.

Ichi wastes no time as he charges up his Sword Art, his expression becomes gradually serious as he releases his attack as he approaches the bug. 

With just one vertical upward slash, he makes a cut at its chest, purple blood oozing out from its body as it hisses (?) in pain. Ichi momentarily smiles at his first successful attempt in hitting his first enemy in Aincrad, but that doesn't last long, as he couldn't dodge the creepy-crawly's headbutt in time. Right at the chest too. And it hurts, a bit more severe if not for his breastplate. 

Ichi falls onto his rear, and while grunting, he regains his footing as the caterpillar now makes its move evasively.

Mob stats = HP 15/15 ; DMG = 4 ; MIT = 0 ; Paralyze (Lose one turn)

ID: 88015

BD: 7

MD: 6

Ichi: HP 16/20

Caterpillar: HP 12/15 (Used Vertical Slash!)

@Vigilon

Edited by Ichi

Vigilon saw the player make a move to attack the large caterpillar, but of course there was retaliation. "Bad idea..." Normally, rushing a mob at low level can be dangerous. Vigilon had to help out this player so that he wouldn't get himself killed. Vigilon rushed over. Just one successful use of Snake Bite should do the trick. He struck the oversized larvae three times, utterly destroying the monster. He sheathed his weapon as it shattered. "Now that...was apparently too easy. I remember mobs on floor one being a little more dangerous at the very least. Oh well, at least this player won't die at the...hands? Whatever, of an oversized caterpillar..." He turned to the player. "You all right?" Now with that big bug out of the way, the two players could return to searching and gathering. "So, I hope you don't mind me asking again, but, do you know which of these things might hold the nectar? 'Cause I don't."

@Ichi

ID# 88016 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base Damage)

Snake Bite-7*3x1=21

Vigilon: HP 180/180, EP 17/20

Ichi: HP 16/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:

Caterpillar: HP 0/15

Edited by Vigilon

"Well..", Ichi mutters as he glances at you with a hint that he admires your combat skills. That Sword Art is probably common for low level players, but that Snake Bite alone deals good damage in Ichi's opinion. Add that to an enhanced equipment, and the effects would be more deadly.

Welp, gotta get a new sword after this. The only thing Ichi should worry about is the price of at least a decent but useful sword he can weild effectively. 

As he looks around for the nectar, he notices a tree stump sitting at roughly the same spot where the caterpillar died. He scoots over and takes a closer look at its contents. Lo and behold, it is the nectar he is looking for.

He smiles brightly as he says, "Found it." Browsing his inventory, he takes out a small jar provided by the same guy that told him about the shrooms and nectars, and scoops up a lot of the sweet substance before sealing the jar shut.

ID: 88017

LD: 15 (Success! +1 Material)

@Vigilon

Edited by Ichi

Vigilon noticed that the other player managed to scoop up some nectar from the stump and put it in a jar. "Nice to know that's where I should have looked. Now why didn't I see if I could open that other stump...?" That last thing he said, he'd mumbled. "So, is there anything else in particular you were looking for?" While he waited for an answer, he decided to check another stump, hoping it hadn't run dry or anything. He opened up the stump to find a good amount of nectar. He didn't have a jar, but he did have that empty bottle, from that time he had a potion in his inventory. He filled up the empty bottle with the nectar and took it to the other player. "Just in case." Vigilon realized something. He'd forgotten to introduce himself! "Agh, where are my manners? I'd darn forgotten to introduce myself! I'm Vigilon."

ID# 88029 LD: 16+1=17(+1 T1 Mat)

1 T1 Mat given to @Ichi

Edited by Vigilon

"I'm Ichi," He says with a grin as he receives the bottle of nectar from you. Vigilon ain't a bad name to hear. He looks around as he browses his inventory window to keep the bottle, and checks the map of the first floor. The two bases that he wants to get can be usually purchased in towns, but since he has no money, the NPC that told him about the shroom mentioned that by facing south from the tree stumps, he can take a walk to a lone hut with a small farm. It isn't really that far, so he says. 

Maybe that was because he was used to that walking distance. But oh well. 

Ichi gives you a nod and starts moving, keeping his sword into its sheath as he does a power walking style towards the hut. Running, jogging, power walking, all of these maneuvers are things that Ichi are already used to thanks to his intense training in martial arts. Feels a bit wrong to say martial arts...since he uses only his legs and his iconic shoes...

@Vigilon

"Ichi, eh? Nice name." Then Ichi began walking in a certain direction, and Vigilon followed. Chances were there was yet another thing, but Vigilon had no clue as to what or where. Thus, he decided to just roll with it for now. During the time the players were walking, Vigilon kept an eye out for anything. There was either nothing to be seen, or perhaps he was moving to fast to pay attention to every detail. "I do think we're headed somewhere, but are we looking for anything in particular?" This Ichi really didn't seem to talk much, but Vigilon had to work with what he did hear from the guy nonetheless, which he didn't exactly know other than a guess that it was for another specific material. Veriost was starting to get bored of this walk, and fell asleep on Vigilon's shoulder. "Asleep for the walk, awake for the find, eh? Well, she does prefer to sleep during times like this..."

ID# 88053 LD: 5+1=6(Failed)

@Ichi

Edited by Vigilon

"There it is!" Ichi exclaims as he finally sees the hut and its small patch of farm from a distance. Excited to get those two bases he needs before the day is done, he jogs towards it until he is in front of its wooden door. A makeshift knocker is strung on the door, facing Ichi's eye level.

Gently, he knocks the door with the knocker thrice, and waits for a minute or two before it is opened with a creak. A hermit in his 30s steps out of the house, smiling as he looks at you, Veriost and Ichi himself.

"H..hello," Ichi says as he bows towards the NPC. "May I have a Sanguine base and a Choeloric base? W..what do I have to pay you for them?"

"Ah," replies the man as he leans against the door, crossing his arms for some reason. "Well, I dont have much use for them...sure, you can have them, but there is something you should do for me. It's only one thing, and it's simple."

Before the NPC could continue talking, some sort of hoofsteps can be heard from the small farm, followed by a soft but audible snorting. He sighs heavily as he looks at Ichi and says, "Speak of the devil...okay. So I want you to shoo away, or just kill that boar at my vegetable farm. It is goddamn wild though, and I have no weapon to prevent myself from getting gutted by its tusks. That job done, equals to the two bases as a reward."

Ichi nods, and looks at you while doing the same thing before slowly creeping up to the back of the house.

@Vigilon

Edited by Ichi

Ichi's excited exclamation woke Veriost up. Vigilon first thought he was talking about an item or material, but it was a simple farm. Vigilon didn't exactly mind, and he guessed Ichi was going there to meet up with someone, probably an NPC. Apparently he came to buy two materials from an NPC hermit. Instead of payment, though, the hermit requested that the two players kill the boar that was always causing trouble in the hermit's garden. "Boars=shenanigans. That's how it's always been in SAO... They're nothing but annoying, but now they're almost nothing. this shouldn't be too hard..." Vigilon replied with, "Consider it done." As he followed Ichi into the area, he smirked, saying, "Before long, that boar's gonna be sliced up into bacon. As long as I can hit it, though..." Veriost looked at Vigilon, then took to the air to try spotting the boar from above, although it wouldn't be hard to spot at all.

@Ichi

(OOC: Maybe after this fight, I could try looking for a chest, and if I do find one, I'll split the loot with you once I open it, assuming I don't get a mimic instead...)

(OOC: Alrighty)

Creeping up further towards the vegetable farm, Ichi stops as he reaches a corner of the hut and hides behind it. Peeking from here, he could see patches of various kinds of vegetables. There are carrots, apricots, potatoes, you name it. All of them look tasty as hell, and it would be good if he would be offered a meal of either of these foods. His attention snaps towards the recurring sounds of snorting however, and he pokes his head out of the corner.

There's the boar, eating one of the matured cabbages as he doesn't seem to mind its security. Should be easy, Ichi thinks to himself, though he minds the fact that the boar could react immediately if he rushes. But it's only one though, what's the point of being stealthy anyways?

Calmly, Ichi draws out his sword, and walks towards the boar as he finishes eating the cabbage. His ear perks up as he hears Ichi's footsteps, and turns towards him while getting ready to charge. This is it...

Ok, too fast! Too fast! Ichi becomes surprised at the boar's sudden speedy charge, and before he could even attempt to dodge it, he gets harshly headbutted on the gut, causing himself to back away immediately as far as he can. Now the amok issue is really a problem..

Mob status = HP 10/10; DMG 3; MIT 0

ID: 88118

BD: 1

MD: 9

Ichi: HP 16/20

Boar: HP 10/10

@Vigilon

Edited by Ichi

Vigilon noticed all the different kinds of vegetation that grew in the garden. "Well, this NPC sure had what he needed...except for that..." The boar was devouring the cabbages, and then Ichi rushed to attack, but was reckless in the way that he got rammed in the gut and wasn't able to land a hit on the boar. Veriost returned to Vigilon's side. "Well, Veriost, it looks like we're dealing with an old enemy here." Vigilon rushed over, attacked with a leaping strike, then finished with an upward slash. Rage Spike. That was the sword art he'd just used. Normally it's an Area of Effect attack, but it did enough damage he guessed. He sheathed his weapon as the boar squealed and shattered. "Well, this was easy too. Man, floor one's a lot weaker than it used to be towards me..." Vigilon walked over to Ichi. "You all right? It's dead now, so you can get those bases now."

ID# 88120 BD: 8+1=9(Hit)

@Ichi

Rage Spike-5*1x2=10

Vigilon: HP 180/180, EP 16/20

Ichi: HP 16/20, EP 0/2

Enemies:

Boar: HP 0/10

Edited by Vigilon