[OP - F10] Trick or Treat~!

spooky-mansion-landscape-illustration.jp

TrickOrTreat.png
Event Runs from 10/22 - 11/5
Raffle is drawn at 10/31

An NPC that goes merely by the name of "Jack" has sent an invitation to every living player in Aincrad around this time of the year:

To: All of Aincrad!

My name is Jack, King of the Fallen Souls. I understand all of you are fighting, climbing floors and levels, however I recommend you all stop by and join the party! I understand this world can be extremely stressful, and so it doesn't hurt to take a day to calm down and enjoy a party with your friends or together as a community.

A special item will be given to you at the door for showing up! Just mind your manners... I don't find it funny to those coming and leaving immediately. I also have special raffles to hand out! Those who show up wearing a Halloween costume will be automatically entered. I'll see you all soon. Coordinates are attached, of course.

Your Friend,
Jack

Upon inspecting the coordinates that were given, it seems the surrounding area had been completely unexplored without any previous map data to speak of. A large cobblestone wall stands to fence off the perimeter of an impressive mansion. The normal blue glow of the crystals and florescent flora of the tenth floor seems to have been replaced by hues of orange and yellow that fall from the rocky ceilings looming far above the building's rooftops. A rusted gate marks the entrance to the grounds, where players will find the sender of their messages standing tall with a mischievous grin as he greets his guests on their arrival. When you would approach the mysterious Jack, he would look you over with an appropriate greeting:
If wearing a costume:
"What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself."
If not wearing a costume:
"'Tis a shame, Poor Soul, you could have had a shot at something fantastic today. Still, do be sure to enjoy yourself."

Item Given to Players at the Door:
Candy-Guard! [T1 - Perfect Consumable] - Enhancements: Safeguard - Description: A potion that guards the player with a barrier of ghosts and candy. Tastes like Candy Corn.

Players only have access to the Foyer and the Great Room while in the mansion, although these rooms alone are incredibly spacious. Jack would claim their space combined is of a size large enough to comfortably hold three hundred players, at the least! In the center of the Foyer, suspended high above the heads of party goers, a chandelier gently bobs up and down along with the shapeless ghosts that serve to hold it in place. The many candles that illuminate the room lightly flicker as if a mild wild is blowing, though none can be felt inside of the mansion's walls. At the end of the room, the raffle items can be seen in display cases of varying sizes. If a player so happens to question the uninteresting-looking pumpkin sitting motionless in a small cage, Jack will give a hearty laugh to explain:
"Why that, my friend, is none other than The Pumpking. It seems he was defeated a long time ago, but his soul was transferred to this pumpkin right here. Now, now, I assure you he's harmless; simply looking for an owner is all! Just be mindful not to wake him up before the prizes are drawn, would you?"
Throughout the room lies a plentiful amount of activities, and players are free to partake in any typical party activities!
((Players are welcome to create standard party games or activities in their writing while at the event. Feel free to ask a member of staff if there might be any confusion.))

RafflePrizes.png

1. Accursed Souls [Player's Tier - Weapon of Choice] - Enhancements: Cursed / Damage / Damage / Damage - Description: A weapon that has been crafted from the fragments of Monster Souls... the weapon Material is an unknown Gray Stone that seems to never break. However... you can't seem to let go of it from your hands or character.
2. SP Candy [T1 - Special Consumable] - Ability: Upon consumption, the player immediately gains 3 SP. - Description: A piece of candy with a purple wrapper with the initials "SP" on it. Says it tastes like Candy Corn "Fun Fact: it tastes like Black Licorice".
3. Mini-Pumpking [Special Familiar] - Ability: Upon winning, Pumpking wakes up and shows his true form and serves the player as a familiar. If a player already has a familiar, the player may either let the familiar go or watch as Pumpking eats it alive. After gaining it as a familiar if the player doesn't have the Familiar Mastery extra skill, they gain the skill and still must submit their familiar in evaluations (If Pumpking dies after, the skill disappears). However if a player already has it, then they may change their mastery they have at the moment. - Description: A small pumpkin with a common face carving upon it, however on purchase actual eyes will appear in its sockets, a tongue will come out from its mouth and from the bottom and the sides of its body shoots out thick vines that allows it to stand and have arms. Afterwards it reaches within its mouth and removes then places a small crown upon its head.
4. Scarecrow's Fear [Player's Tier - Heavy/Light Armor] - Enhancements: Cursed / Scare-Thorns / Mitigation / Mitigation - Description: An armor that just has a darkened aura and looks like it belongs on Scarecrows that actually scare crows away...

Don't like the item you won? Then you may deny the prize you have won and take this item as a consolation prize (a new winner for the original prize will be re-drawn):
Lost Fragment [Demonic Item] - Ability: Changes the name, look, and description of any item used upon. The item must keep the same item type and enhancements. - Description: A dark stone with the souls of dead monsters entwined with the stone, its cold to the touch and if you put it to your ears you can hear the screams of the fallen. However, it has the power to change an item's aesthetics to their desires...

New Enhancements:
► Cursed
Cost: 1 Slot
Cap: 1 Slot
Effect: This item cannot be traded to another player, and this item cannot leave a players inventory or equipped slot. However, this item increases in Tier when the player increases in Tier.
Applicable to: Weapons, Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Trinkets, and Jewelry
► Scare-Thorns
Cost: 1 Slot
Cap: 1 Slot
Effect:
Successful attacks against you of 9-10 removes the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. Additionally, successful attacks against you deal of 9-10 deals (12 * Tier) unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy.
Applicable to: Heavy Armor, Light Armor

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting in his rocking chair, Macradon sat and relaxed with his Owlbear cub on his lap. The two would sit in harmony and enjoy the silence falling over the shop as the two would just sit there, doing nothing else than just living. It was like bliss had fallen over them, but the silence and harmony was destroyed by the sound of a message, a small letter figure appeared with a ping. He would look down at the small closed letter and would press it on his HUD and open up the message he had just received.

Looking at what is said, Macradon would smile and would think of a way to make a quick costume. He could just take on his Monk’s Robe’s again and just be a monastic monk, easy. Lifting off the owlbear from his lap, Macradon would look through his inventory and find out his old Butcher’s Robes and don the light clothes. Covering his body from top to toe in black and green monastic robes, Macradon would doff his normal casual clothes and keep on his KoB necklace, it looked like a cross so it fits to the theme.

Wearing his costume, Macradon would proceed to the 10th floor where the halloween event was to be held, he was excited aout this. Walking slowly up to the given coordinates, Macradon would stop up a bit from the given place. The grand cobblestone walls with the gate in the middle to the mansion was somewhat frigtening and intimidating, but Macradon would have his cowl over his head and walk slowly while lookin glike he was praying. He slowly went up towards the host of the event, Jack, and would reach up to him. He would raise his hands and take down the cowl of his robes and look at the ... dullahan? Whatever Jack is. And asked "Do you like my costume? I'm a monk" he said with calm tone.

"What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself." Jack said to Macradon, and Macradon would smile and change back to his own self after accepting the welcoming gift "Thanks a lot! I had to think a bit of what to wear when I went to this place, but I think this piece of clothing is fine. It's comfortable and is a costume in its own way, so it's pretty neat" he said with a wink and went into the foyer of the grand mansion. "Hm ... where should I sit for now?" he thought for himself and would look for some kind of bench to sit on while waiting on more company to join the party, for now, he was alone, but that was probably not gonna stay like this for long.

+Candy-Guard

Krysta was confused at first to find a message coming from somebody she didn't know. She read the message carefully, and after a hard half-day's work, she'd completed a costume she could wear to the event. Evening was approaching, and she had the guts to head over to floor 10. Before leaving the floor's safe zone to head in the direction to the event, she found a place to change into the costume. A soft white, short sleeved dress(the lower half is 23-inch skirt) with a red cloak, the defining parts of the costume being ears and tail of a fox(arguably, the color was the same as that of her hair). She was going as a Kitsune.

She pulled the hood over her head and began making her way to the destination. She was already scared enough, hoping not to run into trouble on the way. When she got there, she took off the hood, revealing the fox ears, and she took in the sight of the mansion. It was a frightfully creepy manor, from the way Krysta saw it. She made her way to the gate, where someone tall was standing there as if he expected her specifically. He seemed to take in the sight of her, and then he said, "What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself."

The interior was more spacious than first expected, to say the least. She looks around her. All the space that might not be so empty for long, the obscure chandelier, and the candles that gave off an eerie light. She already felt that she was in a horror story of sorts, and she felt incredibly alone.

+ Candy-Guard

Lessa sang the Indiana Jones theme song to herself as she strode toward the Halloween event. It was only fitting, considering the costume that she had chosen for the evening. Tan trousers, based loosely off the WWII style, hung from a tightly cinched brown belt. The belt matched the oversized leather flight jacket, styled to look well-worn, despite being brand new. Beneath the jacket, she wore a long-sleeved button-up shirt, only a few shades lighter than her pants. The top buttons were undone to provide comfort, but not far enough to reveal anything scandalous. While she could imagine how easy it would be for her college classmates to construct a sexy Indiana Jones, Lessa would have none of it. She opted for realism, from the coiled bullwhip on her right hip to the satchel draped across her body. Even her sturdy boots and fedora were as accurate as possible, though she was unwilling to chop off her hair to complete the look; a tight braid down the middle of her back sufficed. Overall, the ensemble nearly drained her savings. But if you were to ask Lessa, it was so worth it. She wondered if she would ever take the outfit off.

"What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself."

Grinning up at the NPC, Lessa summoned her best Indy drawl. "Thanks a lot!" She accepted the offered consumable, nodding again as Jack moved on to another guest. With one final look around, drinking in the orange glow and spectacular decorations, she slipped through the massive doors and into the mansion.

Spoiler

Lessa acquires Candy-Guard.

Edited by Lessa

Halloween had always been Shi's least favorite "holiday," if it could even be considered one. Something about sitting at home and handing out chocolate bars and candy to children just didn't perk his interest. However, the noirette was not the type to miss a party, especially not one as spooky as this.

Thinking back to his highschool years, he remembered so many of his previous costume ideas, seemingly endless hangovers, and some friendships that didn't last longer than a couple of days. The good ol' days. The costume was always, with no exceptions, the hardest part to come up with. It was very rare for him to think of something he deemed "wearable" in a matter of hours, days even. Shi was the type to plan his outfit ahead of time.

However, this year he wasn't aware a party would be happening. He hadn't even considered a costume this time around, due to everyone being trapped inside of a video game and all. "What am I gonna wear for Halloween" wasn't exactly his first thought.

His first idea was Rohk, the floor boss, but he decided he shouldn't go with it. It did kill a few players, of course. Despite him wanting something "different," he didn't think that would be the right option to pick. In the end, he decided to dress as Aincrad's deceased hero, Zelrius Blackfyre. Honestly, this was likely the worst choice he could have made, but it was also the easiest to come up with. Although he didn't know the man personally, Shi was aware that all he needed was blonde hair, blue eyes, and a couple of swords. Easy enough, right?

Some quick potions would easily cover his hair and eye colour problems, however nothing in existence would allow him to equip two swords, except of course the Dual Blades skill. It was unfortunate, but one golden cutlass would have to do. His usual black dress suit would suffice, as it was sort of similar to the tux Zelrius once wore.

In his opinion, his costume was perfect, despite being put together last minute. Shi ran a hand through his artificial, bright blonde hair and stepped towards the mansion wear the event was being held. His eyes directed themselves upwards, meeting with the dark, jack-o-lantern gaze of the host, Jack.

Creative name. Shi thought.

"What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself." The pumpkin-headed man said to Shi, who wasn't quite sure if he even knew what it was he was wearing. "Thank you sir, I worked hard on this one." He responded with a chuckle, before entering the manor. Whoever the decorator was, Shi was positive he needed to get a hold of him. The building was well set up and quite halloween-esque, as it was obviously meant to be. The only part he was surprised about was the pumpkin that was locked away in a cage, but he became disinterested rather quickly.

"Let's find out if anyone else is here."

+1 Candy-Guard

Spoiler

Costume:
(no cig though, zelrius blackfyre was anti-smoking)

QkhukeT.png

Edited by Shi

As a holiday beloved by cosplayers the world over, Halloween held a special place in Kotarou's heart. The opportunity to forget who or where he was for a single day and just pretend to be something that made him smile was exactly what he needed at that moment, still struggling as he was to come to grips with life in Aincrad.

As a child, some of the first fantasy novels he ever read were the Chronicles of Narnia. In keeping with the spooky tradition of All Hallow's Eve, he decided that he would fashion his costume off the Nightmare Fuel that was the God of the Talormeen, the Inexorable Tash. And so, as he walked through the doors, he was greeted by Jack with a very enthusiastic.

What everyone else would see might not illicit the same response. With the pixelated costume augmenting his size, Kotarou stood a good deal higher than any other player in the room at that moment. His lithe, skeletal frame and emaciated portions gave him the look of a hungering demon, and at his head, he wore the face of a bird of prey. He spent countless nights as a child obsessed with the character, hoping just one time to play the part and be half as terrifying. 

His time had come.

+1 Candy Guard!

Picture_119.jpg

Edited by Genji

The girl smiled as she looked up at the house owned by the host of this Halloween Event. It was on her floor, the tenth. It was her turf, the frontliners crowded the 21st floor for now, and Hikoru had jurisdiction over those shadows, but here most players tended to remain away from. To her advantage though, she would be entering this event with no one knowing it is her. She had visited several shops, including tailors and blacksmiths to be able to make her costume. Reaper girl is what she was going for, with a little taste of Elucia. 

Elucia was her alternate personality, the one she resorted to when in public without her hood, in order to keep her true username out of other's players mouths. She walked forward, the light, but fairly large scythe in her hand. She hoped he allowed for weapons to be a part of the party, because she had no skill over the scythe other than some fancy tricks she had practiced as soon as she got her hands upon it. She stepped forward, finding the host to be a rather strange NPC, not even a human this time, but instead a little more attuned. She nodded to him, giving him a wicked grin as he greeted her, complimenting her costume. No known players caught ehr eye as she walked forward, her eyes taking view of the room around her. It was rather large, raffle prizes in the corner, few players had arrived, but many seemed to be in costumes as well. "Perhaps time to make myself more acquainted"  She walked forward, eying a player she happened to know. @Macradon, but he would have no knowledge of who she was. She was out of cloak. He appeared to be dressed as a monk and she smiled, brushing her now curled hair over her shoulders. "Nice costume!" she told him with a grin. She twisted the scythe around in her hand, before slamming the handle end of it into the ground. "I myself went with reaper girl, and I believe I pulled it off quite well" She spoke in her normal Elucia tone, spritey and happy. 

Related imageThat skull is not with my character.... 

Vigilon woke up one morning to a message appearing on his menu from an NPC named Jack. "Jack? Like as in Jack Skellington? Not sure if this is the Jack I'm thinking of, but it would be pretty cool if he was." First came the reading of the message, then came the next problem. "The Costume! What am I going to do for a costume!?" He kind of spent half the day scrambling around the safe zone, trying to come up with last-minute ideas for a costume. In the end(And it took him long enough), he was able to get his hands on the things he needed for the costume: White hair dye that easily washes out, some black clothing, a blue cape, and some metal. He managed to forge the metal into the desired pieces, eventually placing them in the right areas on the clothing(Thank the lord the metal was lightweight and minimal). He also forged a weapon that really wasn't a weapon, since it's purpose was cosplay. The costume in mind was the main character of a game he'd enjoyed playing. He intended to go as Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates.

He left for floor 10, and it wasn't long before he reached the grotesque manor, and approached the rusty gates. The NPC greeted him with, "What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself." He entered the manor, and took a good look at the scene that unfolded. There were mysterious candles, a bobbing chandelier, and an incredibly spacious foyer and great room! He continued walking, and he noticed something over at the end of the room...because for some reason, Veriost was growling at it. "Ah, don't worry about that, Veriost! it's just a pumpkin!...in a cage. Wh- Why is there a pumpkin in a cage exactly?" Jack was nearby, and with a hearty laugh he explained, "Why that, my friend, is none other than The Pumpking. It seems he was defeated a long time ago, but his soul was transferred to this pumpkin right here. Now, now, I assure you he's harmless; simply looking for an owner is all! Just be mindful not to wake him up before the prizes are drawn, would you?" Veriost continued to growl at the Pumpking for a minute longer or two, before Vigilon moved back over to the area he considered was the central area of activity.

He looked around, keeping a mental list of the players in the vicinity. He listed them in his mind by the costumes they wore, since he probably wouldn't recognize them otherwise. He saw a Monk, a Kitsune, a genderbent Indiana Jones, someone who looked like another player, and...Tash.

+Candy-Guard

Vigilon's Costume:

Spoiler

Corrin.png.e8d9e021cf2527621a769d3fc0570f8d.png

Almost as if he was expecting the message for the past few days now, the smile on Jomei's face was wide as he read it over. The message was sent by a man who went by Jack, and he was throwing a party to celebrate the upcoming Halloween season. Included in the message were coordinates to the mansion where it was being held on Floor Ten. Before closing out his menu, Jomei brought up his own message and chose all of the members of Holy Dragon Alliance.

TO: Telrenya, Ruby, Spencer, Jevi

I'm sure you all got the message from Jack about the Halloween Party on Floor Ten. I plan on heading down there once I get my costume together. It would be great if we all showed up as a group. I'll be waiting outside of the mansion for you guys.

- Jomei

After sending off the message to the others, Jomei walked up to his closet where had all of his clothes packed away. Tapping the air in front of the small room, a menu popped up with all of his wardrobe listed. He scrolled through the list, stopping on the "Pumpkin King" costume. Nostalgia flowed into his head from last year, with Lowenthal, Piera, Lee, and Zandra.. when they threw their own Halloween party. The man smirked, remembering everyone showing up and having a good time. His smirk turned upside down, wishing all of his friends were still around for this one. Jomei picked up his head, and scrolled down a few more items until he came upon a new clothing item, "Pirate Captain." Tapping on the item, Jomei's regular town clothes were replaced with a white button down shirt with a black vest over it. On his legs, were khaki pants with tall brown boots that came up to his knee. Rather than a cloak, the man now wore an elegant, long green coat, brown gloves on his hands, and a green hat with a plume and feather. On his hip, his rapier still sat on a brown leather belt. Jomei observed himself in the mirror nodding. "Not bad at all.." On his shirt was a small pin attached to a chain. The man took it off and observed the white blank space that seemed to be where an insignia should go. The man tapped the air above it, and selected the symbol for the Holy Dragon Alliance, pinning it back to his shirt With a smirk, the man summoned Adere to his shoulder, and head for the center of town. 

One on the Tenth Floor, Jomei followed the strange coordinates to a huge mansion, one that was much larger than his 'prize' he had won earlier in the month. The crystals above gave off an eerie orange light, adding to the ambiance of Halloween. At the gate, stood a tall man with a pumpkin for a head. Jomei walked up to him, the name <<Jack>> floating above his gourd head. 

A small box appeared in front of Jomei, placing a Candy Guard into his inventory. Jomei looked back up to Jack, "Thank you for the warm welcome." he said with a tip of his hat. The Pirate clad duelist then walked towards the entrance of the mansion, where he would wait for the rest of his friends to show up.

Spoiler

81903190ac0db6c314c4ed870ad8bad9.jpg.6f140cd359d7961849f32af9f9f7288b.jpg

+1 Candy Guard

Telrenya stood in front of a tall mirror, running her hands over the front of the orange pleated skirt that fell in front of her legs for what must have been the hundredth time. With a matching orange sailor collar that fell behind her shoulders and a blue bow fastened in the center of her chest, the woman was adjusting and fidgeting with her costume for several minutes before a new message appeared in front of her. Catching her attention and momentarily pulling her away from her discomfort, Telrenya opened its contents to reveal a short message from Jomei. She smiled, hoping that she would hear from her guildmates soon so that she wouldn't have to fear arriving at the event grounds alone. With a final adjustment of the red bow in her hair and running her gloved hands over the length of her skirt one final time, Telrenya took in a deep breath and turned away from the mirror to head out of the inn room's door.

Donning her Sailor Scout costume, Telrenya made her way to the coordinates attached in the message she had received earlier that day. When she arrived, the sight of the reaper-esque figure with a jack-o-lantern's head almost caused her nerves to flare up until she noticed the creature was none other than the NPC Jack. When she approached, the pumpkin-head figure looked her up and down before offering her a much-recited greeting:

With a small smile, she proceeded past the gates and her head swiveled slowly in an attempt to find any of her guildmates. Her eyes fell upon the back of a long green coat, and she stopped to study the player a moment, leaning to one side as if to try and catch a glimpse of the man's face. The familiar color of Jomei's ginger hair caused her smile to grow wider, and she hurried over to the Emerald Duelist. Trying her best to feel a bit braver than usual, the blonde slipped her arm to link with his. She leaned her upper body forward, looking up to the man's face with a cheerful smile. "You look quite dashing in that outfit." She said with a small giggle.

+1 Candy-Guard!

Telrenya's Costume:

Spoiler

GhM0gbQ.jpg

It was taking Sky AGES to get his costume ready. He had literally spent hours trying to get this body paint perfect, he had to go and buy orange hair dye and hair extensions... It was not coming out anytime soon. He had received the invitation, as had all of AIncrad. He had sent a message to his guild recommending that they show up, though he didn't know how many of them would. He also had sent a message to Fire, the girl who might want him dead, or might just want him to have someone to compete against, he had no idea. However, his costume was ready and he was now prepared to enter the Floor ten event, this years Halloween event! He had missed the previous ones, but that wouldn't happen this time!

As he got nearer and nearer to the coordinates, he notices that the area is unmapped, zero data in the area, though a large cobblestone wall was fencing off the perimeter, and deeper in was a HUGE mansion. The glow of crystals and a florescent flora of the floor has been replaced by hues of orange and yellow, which gave Sky a very eerie feel.

Showing up, he see's Jack, who looks him over before smiling and saying "What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself."

Sky gulps, walking in. He didn't know if anyone would know what his costume was, hell even he didn't have the best idea. All he knew, was that he DID NOT fit in around here, everyone else had gone for rather simple costumes, especially compared to his which had some horns, a massive hole in his chest and the hair extensions... He felt a little over costumed, but with his mask on he had no idea if people would recognize him or not. 

Walking around and searching the place, he see's a Pumpkin in a cage..... A piece of food in a cage? Walking over, he asks about it. "Whats with the pumpking?" To which he got the reply 

"Why that, my friend, is none other than The Pumpking. It seems he was defeated a long time ago, but his soul was transferred to this pumpkin right here. Now, now, I assure you he's harmless; simply looking for an owner is all! Just be mindful not to wake him up before the prizes are drawn, would you?

With a shy and nervous gulp he backs away, shaking his head and a little worried about whatever might happen. After that, he looks around, seeing chandeliers and what looked like ghosts holding them in place. He had no idea what was going on, but for now, he was just going to go try and play some darts, throwing them into little pumpkins that were placed around the place.

+Candy-Guard

SKYS COSTUME

Spoiler

hollow-ichi-hollow-ichigo-26613701-1286-1282.thumb.png.b1711399dfa8de2a2074a0de8d66163e.pngNote, hole in chest is just painted black, mask and horns are acting as a hat.

A halloween event? Well, if anything, it pointed at what month it was in the real world which was nice. Embers had long since lost track how long she'd been within this game, so she could only say what month it was. Nothing more. As for her 'costume', well, it wasn't too hard to pick. While some girls would use a cutesy, or revealed outfit, Embers picked something that she wore year in and out, mostly to scare people who came to her door. It was a dark coat, cloak and hood that covered her entire body, even her face, although seeing under the hood wasn't hard. But, the most important additions of the outfit, was the black feathered wings that sat out the back. Useless, BUT they looked badass so she didn't resist. Also on her back was a Scythe, her real weapon  which perfectly complimented her outfit.

Her walk itself was, well, boring, but she had recieved a message on her way there from stryder. The Kid wanted to hang out, or something. God she hoped this wasn't some attempt to woo her, she just wasn't in the mood for that. She rocked up at the gate, and recieved the same hello, as she was sure, everyone else did. What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself."

The girl walked past, taking the item before spotting the Kid. It wasn't hard to spot him, even with all the fancy makeup. Plus he was marked as 'friend', the only one she could see. So, without a moments hesitation, she walked up to him and gave him a gentle punch on the shoulder, grinning under her hood "Didn't realize the circus was in town Kid, whens the act?"

@Stryder

Sitting on the bench in the big foyer leading to the great room further within the grand mansion, Macradon would lean back and relax while more and more people would come into the mansion, all dressed up fancy and fun. “Seems like the party will finally be lively now” he thought for himself with a grand smile and would put both his arms behind his head as hea leaned back over the bench.

Closing his eyes for a short while, Macradon would be somewhat shocked at the sound of someone approaching and talking to him. He would look up and look at this goth loli with a big scythe as her weapon. With a confused look, Macradon would stand up and look at the girl. He would try to get into character, but it was more difficult than he would’ve thought.

Raising a hand painting the palm towards the girl, Macradon would say “May the deity whomever I’m monk for shine light upon you … or something along those lines” he said trying not to crack a smile, but he failed. He would chortle lightly before greeting the girl as well “Ah, thanks a lot” he said and would reply “Your costume looks nice as well … sorry I’m not the best at faces, but whom might you be?” he asked with a smile.

@Hidden

@Telrenya @Jomei

Spencer was already getting his costume around when Jomei sent the group messaging asking them all to attend the Halloween party. He smiled and closed it, slipping the full body costume on and getting ready to leave. He put all his items into his inventory and left his inn, on his was to the Halloween party. 

Spencer made it to the coordinates that the message said to go, but was met with a pumpkin head man that he was not expecting to see. He faltered for a bit, but kept going, it was in a city and it was with his guild too. The pumpkin head turned to him and immediately said. "What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself." He smiled and nodded to the pumpkin head. 

When he entered the fair grounds he felt a little out of place. Here he was, in his non scary costume, with everyone else in their horror-esque outfits. He sighed, he loved Halloween but he always did the cute stuff. He shook his head and looked over, seeing two people he thought he knew. He walked up and smiled, recognizing them to be Telrenya and Jomei. "Hey you two!" He smiled, wearing his penguin costume. 

+1 Candy Guard

Spoiler

penguin.jpg.6d9aeb3e530326bf2b40479303147d9f.jpg

Edited by Spencer

Itzal had received a notification that there was an event going on, a halloween event.  He had...  Never ever participated in any event from the real world so he had no idea what to expect.  When he read the notification he saw that it urged players to bring a costume.  A costume?  He looked up the word just in case and saw that people would dress up or cosplay...  He looked up the word cosplay and found he liked that idea much better.  But who to cosplay as on such short notice?  He got it.  He already had the hair for it, so getting the clothes was easy.  Itzal grabbed a white shirt, jeans, and took off his socks and shoes, placing his battle armor, sword, and ring in his battle ready inventory, just in case, before making his way to the coordinates.  Itzal hadn't mapped out the entire tenth floor as of yet, but even he knew that this spot in the map was new.  As he approached the area he didn't see anything scary about it.

He walked over to the entrance dressed as L from death note.  He noticed what he was assuming was the npc host and thought it was an interesting choice in design.  When he saw the name Jack, his first thought was Jack Skellington.  That would have made a great host too.  "What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself.Itzal nodded with a smile.  "Thanks!  It's, erm, my first costume ever so.  Glad to hear that!"  He accepted the item and looked it over.  A safeguard potion?  This will help with the raid.  He looked around for anyone he may be able to recognize and saw @Lessa as Indiana Jones.  He thought it odd that she'd play the role of a guy but he did see in the definition of cosplay that people did something called, 'Genderbend' which although he wasn't too fond of the idea he let it slide as everyone had the right to cosplay as whomever they wanted.  He walked over to her waving his hand.  "Hey Lessa!  How are you doing today?" 

Spoiler

+ Candy Guard

L.jpg

Domarus was contemplating his next plans with the guild.  He had finally set it up, yet players of good quality were hard to come by.  He ran into a few potential players but so far it wasn't looking well.  Three sections he needed to fill with players.  Three sections...  And then there was the matter of getting enough col to purchase a guild hall.  He knew exactly what sort of style he wanted of course, it was the cost that would be the problem.  He ran his hands through his hair when a notification popped up.  What now he thought to himself.  He opened up the notification and saw an invitation to a halloween event.  The words social and hidden boss battle came to mind when he saw this.  Social would be good since he needed to continue pressing his good side, or his disguise, to the public in order to grow his good reputation.  Boss came to mind when he thought of the Valentines day boss, and how it came out of nowhere.  His armor was in his inventory still but he turned to Keres as he thought of a costume they could use.  Something that was creepy, and yet wasn't exactly scary either.  If Domarus had his way he would have chosen something that would terrify everyone down to their bones, but that would harm his reputation.  

"Keres, go get these pieces of clothing.  It's time you and I went to another event."  Keres looked at the picture and grinned with excitement as she dashed off.

"Yes Master Domarus just give me a second and I'll get these!"

He walked towards the entrance of the party, the scenery dull at best to him.  He looked through the white cloth on his head as clearly as if he didn't have anything.  He made sure Keres got this cloth for this very purpose.  Nobody would see his eyes, but he would see theirs.  Keres held his hand as they walked which she was very very pleased with.  They did not look like a couple, but rather Slenderman and the girl from that photo everyone used on the internet.  Given Domarus' size while he was a bit short, he was tall enough to be Slenderman without looking stupid.  He may not be seven foot but six foot six wasn't bad either.  "What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself."  Domarus looked at the host who said this and chuckled while bowing his head a little.  He didn't feel like chuckling, nor bowing to this npc, however he had a reputation to show to players.  If he reacted how he felt towards this npc and other players were watching and listening, it would not benefit him at all.  He walked into the room and scanned it.  The first player he spotted was Hidden who was speaking to Macradon dressed as a monk.  There was a Kitsune, a player gender bending Indiana Jones, a man dressed in a suit, Tash, the protagonist of Fire Emblem Fates, a pirate captain, a girl from sailer moon he assumed, something he believed was a hallow version of Ichigo from Bleach, a cloaked figure with black wings and a scythe he recognized to be Embers, and a player dressed as L from Death note.  Players were already beginning to converse with each other so Domarus would do the same.  Hopefully he could get some useful information.

He spotted @Stryder throwing darts at pumpkins and he walked silently over.  Keres brought him some darts and he stood silently behind the player.  Just as the player ran out of darts he threw one and landed it dead center between the pumpkin's eyes.

"Nice costume.  Never finished the anime but I believe that is from Bleach correct?"

Spoiler

Slenderman.thumb.jpg.39859e0be8fbfdb80285dd0688f2558f.jpg

Edited by Domarus

I sigh softly as i look at my rather simple costumes, but i can't help but feel that the simplicity of it will help go a long way if anyone can figure out what it is. Myself doing my best to dress up as my namesake, Hestia the goddess of Hearth. I equip it right away as i smile as i wear a easy long dress that hangs off of one shoulder and a little tiara on my head. I smile and nods my head as i look towards my familiar who has a scowl on his face since i had give him a little dye that could wash out if he swims in the lake. Oh come onnn Kuro at least entertain my idea and be the nemean lion for me. I ask him with a pleading look. He just gives me a annoyed look but gives his wings a quick flap once. I smile excitedly as he then moves his wings again his body to try and blend them in with his fur that i had dyed a similar color. I nod in approval happy to do some halloween costume dressing up.

I smile a bit as i remember being a kid and dressing up in all the different costumes that would come with this season. Memories of going out and going door to door with my family and getting face paint on my face when i would dress up as a animal when i was little. Which then moved to being a cop, or a superhero of some kind. I chuckle as i wonder who else is going to this party that some person is hosting. However, while i am excited i am a bit curious on how this person was even able to message me since i have never met this person jack. I sigh softly and just teleport to the tenth floor. to Begin attending this party.

I find myself in front of a home as i grin loving how it fits that good halloween feel I walk up towards the door and finds it open as the host shows himself. "What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself.Thank you sir it isn't much, but it works for what i am going for. I say kindly to the man i can figure is a NPC of sort. Now knowing this is a event that people can attend. As i enter the room i see people that i do know, and some that i don't. However, my intention is drawn towards the Ichigo Kurisaki outfit as i quickly go over towards it, as i also notice a person dressed as some finely dressed person. As i get closer i realize it is actually a slenderman outfit as i nod figuring that it is appropriate for Halloween. Hello mister Hollow Ichigo, and slenderman.  I love your costumes. I say kindly with a smile.

*Hestia received 1 Candy Guard

@Stryder@Domarus

Edited by Hestia

Pinball had been lounging under a tree when he recieved the message. An invitation, of sorts. A halloween festival? He hadn't been to many festivals. He hadn't even known SAO to actively host festivals, for that matter. He considered his options. After a moment of mulling it over, he decided that he would attend. But what to wear... Checking his inventory, he found that he had neither the col nor time to make a costume. Or the patience. Caught off guard by the sudden invitation, he did all anyone could do in his situation. He borrowed a bunch of random accessories, and called it a "costume". Finished with his accessory mashing, he checked himself out. "Not bad," he said, "for a twelve year old girl. Ah, well. What can ya do." With a shrug, Pinball made the short journey to the event's location. At the door, he simply said to the host, "I'm a cat. Kind of.

"What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself." Pinball nodded, smiling to himself, and took the item, still amused by his choice of costume. It really is something a chick would wear, isn't it?  Walking into the area, he saw many players had already gathered, and many were already mingling. A bit put off by the huge turn-out, Pinball quickly located and shuffled over to the nearest corner he could find, opting to watch for a bit instead of actually attempting to talk to anyone. "Alrighty," the teenager muttered, leaning against the wall. This was Pinball's first time at a festival, and he would enjoy himself... eventually. 

*Pinball recieves 1 Candy Guard

Pinball's Costume: 

Spoiler

7b9d9bae1a2bbc3bad4c26c124a81848--otaku-

Edited by Pinball

After helping Telrenya getting a outfit picked out for her earlier today and after cleaning up the mess that she had made at Sapphire shop, it was time to head out. She didn't go with Jomei or Tel as she had to clean up the mess that she had made, and it was kind of funny how she was cleaning in a maid costume, Sapphire had poked fun of her the entire time when she was cleaning. Ruby had opened the coordinates and saw that the building was in a location where no map data had been found, she was tempted not to go, however she doubts that this is a bad occasion to go to. Arriving upon the creepy house, in the window she had seen some players already showing up, with a smile Ruby had walked inside and was stopped by a figure with a pumpkin head handing a piece of candy to her and saying "What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself." Ruby had let out a nervous chuckle and moved her way to the snack table as far away from that figure as she could.

+1 Candy-Guard!
Ruby's Outfit:

Spoiler

0PgavtS.png

Jevi looked over the message Jomei had sent about the Halloween party. Originally, she considered not going. However, if she was going to be a part of this guild, she figured she should. She also noticed that the message was sent to Ruby, which was a contributing factor to her wanting to show up. In their past few meetings, Jevi had grown to respect Ruby for everything she had been through, and for helping her cope with Opal’s death and Grave’s disappearance. She opened up a quick reply, telling Jomei that she would need to pick up a costume before heading over.

The woman had found a tailor’s shop that had been selling custom made costumes for the ocassion. Last year, she believed she went as a pirate, though the thought slipped her mind a bit to be completely sure. However, something new caught her eye, a tribal warrior looking costume. It was a bit revealing, okay.. very revealing. And for a breezy fall night as this one, wearing such attire would not be smart. However, thanks to her <Survival> perk, the brisk air would not bother her. Not only that, but Jevi was feeling daring to wear something a bit more like this, since her confidence boosted a bit after Grave, Ruby, and Opal drilling the idea that she was pretty in her mind.

After equipping the costume, Jevi made her way to the Tenth Floor and followed the coordinates to the mysterious mansion. It bothered her a bit that the location was in an unmarked part of the map, but she figured it was all part of the creepy-Halloween feeling. When the brunette finally arrived, she set her eyes on the manor and its orange aura from the crystals overhead. At the gate, she was met with a dark figure with a lit pumpkin for a head. Jevi looked up to the gatekeeper, the pumpkin speaking to her without its mouth moving.  "What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself., he then reached out, placing a small token into Jevi’s inventory. The warrior woman then contiued down the path, seeing Telrenya, Jomei, and Spencer all standing there. ~”Hey guys.” She said with a smirk, ~”Sorry I’m a little late.. did Ruby get here yet?” She looked around the immediate area, searching for the blonde haired woman.

Spoiler

17A85497-E614-499F-906C-2A195554A0B4.thumb.jpeg.bc9599b597120cf2bc86193fc2900462.jpeg

+ 1 Candy-Guard