[PP - F21] Time to Fish!

Ruby had looked over to Shield that had seemed to be rather disappointed, however she had release her first attack and saw that she had missed. Then hearing him muse aloud he mention that he would die slowly other wise, and who would know, he's seen monsters who were bad at landing hits. However the Shark Solider looking towards Shield with its eyes turning bright red it had striked forward hitting Shield's Shield as it had did one damage, absolutely pathetic if you had asked Shield or Ruby. Ruby had placed a smile upon her face, getting her punchin' arm ready once more and punched it straight in the Jaw when it had suffered Thorns damage. Dealing a good chunk of its life away from its life, looking back to Shield Ruby had said to him "With how we are able to do damage, we should work a lot more together." she had let out a giggle.

@Shield

-----

ID: 94828 - BD: 5+3=6 [Hit] - [Damage: 18*15=270+87+96=453]

ID: 94829 - MD: 5+1=6 [Hit]

[H:1] Ruby - HP: 768/960 - EN: 95/96

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1369/1370 - EN: 128/128

Shark Solider - HP: 187/640 - DMG: 192

Loot -

Ruby - 4160 Col, 6 T3 Mat

Shield - 4160 Col, 5 T3 Mat

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shark's health gauge, pristine and green only moments ago, had dropped very quickly into the red between Shield's counterattack and Ruby's attack. He gave a satisfied nod and tucked his form back behind his shield, holding his sword out to the side in preparations for the following attack.

"This is working out well so far," Shield observed, circling slowly around the fished up foe to try to force it to turn its back to Ruby. "The loot rolls haven't been spectacular just yet, but it's a solid enough system. The biggest issue is that initial attack which you have no choice but to take before I can pull aggro. You can heal yourself if you're too badly injured, right?"

He was fairly certain he knew the answer to that question, but he wanted to be prepared just in case. If he needed to use his banner, sooner would be better than later to compensate for the cooldown.

Passive [+1 EN] ID# 94831 results: Craft: 4 [No Recovery]

Battle Healing [+68 HP]

Action: Energize > Ruby [Shield -10 EN, Ruby +8 EN]

[Parry Cooldown 1/1, Vengeful Riposte Cooldown 1/3]

[H:1] Ruby - HP: 768/960 - EN: 95/96

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1370/1370 - EN: 118/128

Shark Solider - HP: 283/640 - DMG: 192

Loot -

Ruby - 4160 Col, 6 T3 Mat

Shield - 4160 Col, 5 T3 Mat

Edited by Shield

Ruby had listened to Shield as he had spoke out saying that its been working out so far, but the loot rolls have been not that spectacular, and he had mentioned that the initial attack cant be stopped, and she could heal herself if it got to badly. Ruby had chuckled and said "Well, for regular mob's they need Critical Strikes against me, however I am not going to ignore that they do happen. I do happen to have Field Medic, however its a pretty hefty Energy Cost to use just for two people, one that especially doesn't need it." However she had looked back to the Monster that had still been in combat with the both of them, Ruby had moved forward not waiting for it to strike first and punched it straight in its Jaw bringing its HP down to 0 ending its life. With the loot that had popped up she had sighed and gave Shield half and the uncommon consumable "Still nothing..."

@Shield

-----

ID: 94836 - BD: 3+3=6 [Hit] - [Damage: 18*15=270]

ID: 94829 - LD: 9+7=16 [Loot: 3840 Col, 2 T3 Materials, Uncommon Consumable]

[H:1] Ruby - HP: 768/960 - EN: 66/96

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1370/1370 - EN: ???/128

Shark Solider - HP: 0/640 - DMG: 192

Loot -

Ruby - 6080 Col, 7 T3 Mat

Shield - 6080 Col, 6 T3 Mat, 1 T3 Uncommon Consumable

Action: Swapping Gear

-Manticore Mask
-Spirit Spines
-Spirit Plate
+Finder's Keeper [Expertise: Search & Detect]
+Seeking Aura [+3 LD]
+Raw Passion [+3 Prosperity]

With the threat, if it could be called as such, dispatched, and in particular after looking at the loot drop, Shield figured it was time to take the loot issue into his own hands for a little while. He dismissed his separate pieces of armor, as well as his shield, and summoned his wristband, his earring, and his gem pendant to see if he could turn up anything more useful than the meager findings that the fishing had so far yielded.

"I'm going to take a closer look around here," he called out to Ruby. "If something shows up, give me a shout. I won't be far off."

The turned to the shore of the cavern and began to pace along the water's edge, paying close attention to the earring he wore. It bore an enhancement that would cause it to glow in the presence of findable loot. Apparently, light-shedding items were a specialty of Hydra's, which he had now realized before placing the order, but had apparently worked out in everyone's favor.

Edited by Shield

Ruby had finished off the Monster, however the loot from both of the monsters they had killed was pathetically abysmal. However she had had seen that he had changed his equipment a bit and said that he was going to take a closer look around, Ruby had placed a hand on her hip as she had said out to him "Alright, just don't miss me too much alright?" she had giggled and went back to fishing out into the lake. After a moment after he had went out of her sight, she had gotten something on her line. Reeling it in, it was extremely hard to fish this up, at one point she was extremely worried that she hooked onto the boss in this lake again... however, violently reeling it bad, a Treasure Chest had came out from the Lake and made a thud noise on the sand that was in front of her, Ruby had smiled as she had just reeled up a Treasure Chest.

@Shield

-----

ID: 94843 - CD: 12 - [Treasure Chest Found]

EN: 1/3

Loot -

Ruby - 6080 Col, 7 T3 Mat

ID# 94844 results: Loot: 13+10=23 - Chest found!

Shield's earring lit up like a light bulb, the single inlaid gold wire acting like a glowing filament that cast a steady glow on the cavern floor and the crystal water. Just then, he heard the thud behind him, turning around to see the chest that Ruby had fished up. At first, he assumed that he was detecting the chest that she had found, but as he turned around to return to her, his earring began to fade. There was something nearer that it was responding to. In the blackness of the still pool beside him, he thought he caught a glimpse of something.

He stepped ankle deep into the water and reached down, grasping the handle of something and hauling hard against it, pulling another chest from the water to sit on the shore beside him.

"Hey!" he called out, pointing to his own find. "You're not going to believe this!"

Edited by Shield

Ruby had moved the chest over in a way that way she could sit on the chest waiting for Shield to come back to where she had resided, then eventually she had gotten something on the end of her hook. Fishing it up moving back and after a battle, she had fished up four fish at the same time. It wasn't as impressive as fishing up a Treasure Chest but catching four fish at a time, was pretty impressive, placing the materials into her inventory she had looked over to see that Shield had made his way back saying out she wasn't going to believe this as he had brought back a chest. Ruby had looked down to the Chest she had sat upon and said to him "Well, looks like we both got some form of prize at least from all this battling." she had giggled and placed a hand on the chest, crossing her legs, and puffing her chest forward.

-----

ID: 94847 - CD: 11 - [4 Materials Fished Up]

EN: 2/3

Loot -

Ruby - 6080 Col, 11 T3 Mat

Using Golden Key

ID# 94848 LD:13+7=20 CD:2 4,050 Col, 8 T3 Materials, 2 T3 Rare Consumables, 1 T3 Perfect Heavy Armor

Shield knelt down beside the chest he had found, pulling a golden key from his inventory and holding it out in front of the lock. It shattered into golden dust with a soft, bright tinkling of metal. The lid popped open, and a dialog box sprang to life in the air in front of the crack. Shield scrolled through it and smiled to himself.

"Well, that's more like it," he rumbled, adding the contents of the chest to the spoils of their trip thus far. "It's not a lot, but it's definitely a start!"

He then fished another key from his inventory, settling himself in front of the next chest and mentally crossing his fingers in hopes of finding even more inside than in the first. It was wishful thinking to be sure, but their luck had been decent, so he hoped that asking for a little extra wasn't jinxing them.

Edited by Shield
Ruby had smiled when he returned, he had looked rather pleased that he had two chests to open up, making some form of progress, however not captivated by her beauty at all, she had shrugged it off and went back to fishing. Eventually she had looked up to Shield and said out to him "Oh need me to move? Alrighty." she had giggled and got off from chest and sat upon the ground fishing out, it had seemed that he had gotten something from the chest, so it had seemed that luck had finally came their way. Reeling in her line, she had seen that she had caught something, however it was one fish, shrugging she had figured that it was better than catching nothing, so she had placed the material into her inventory and sent the bobber back out into the lake trying to catch some more stuff.

-----

ID: 94851 - CD: 6 - [1 Material Fished Up]

EN: 3/3

Loot -

Ruby - 8135 Col, 17 T3 Mat

Shield - 8135 Col, 10 T3 Mat, 1 T3 Uncommon Consumable, 2 T3 Rare Consumables, 1 T3 Perfect Heavy Armor

Using Golden Key

ID# 94852 LD:8+7=15 CD:10 2,700 Col, 5 T3 Materials, 2 T3 Rare Consumables, 1 T3 Rare Weapon

With the first chest empty, its artificial durability was depleted, and it burst into shards of light behind him as the key in his hand disintegrated as well. The chest popped open and another dialog box appeared bearing the full list of what was held inside.

"Well, it's not quite as great as the first, but I'll take it." he straightened back up and stretched his arms, trying to make up his mind as to whether he should prep himself for combat once again. "I suppose it would be a little much to expect to find another chest before finding another monster, wouldn't it?" he thought aloud, sighing to himself as he reluctantly opened his inventory.

While technically he could continue to search and leave Ruby to fend for herself, he felt like this would be more than a little rude of him considering he had started their interactions by informing Ruby that he could handle the hits just fine.

Edited by Shield

Ruby had looked over to Shield as she had been fishing at the lake and say that this time, he opened the Chest not to find exactly what he had wanted but she had heard that he would still take it, Ruby had smiled and looked towards him and said "Having something rather than nothing is better wouldn't you think Shield?" she had giggled. Then he had said that it would be a little much to expect to find another chest before another monster, Ruby had giggled and said "You doubting my Fishing Skills? I'll have you know I fish quite a bit in my free time." she had giggled before looking back forward, nothing had seemed to be biting this time around, she had let out a sigh and then looked to Shield and said "So... tell me more about this Beat figure, how long have you known him? Is he a nice guy?" she looked to Shield with intrigued eyes.

@Shield

-----

ID: 94854 - CD: 4 - [Nuthin']

Loot -

Ruby - 9285 Col, 19 T3 Mat

Shield - 9285 Col, 13 T3 Mat, 1 T3 Uncommon Consumable, 4 T3 Rare Consumables, 1 T3 Perfect Heavy Armor,  1 T3 Rare Weapon

Swapping Gear:

+Manticore Mask
+Spirit Spines
+Spirit Plate
-Finder's Keeper [Expertise: Search & Detect]
-Seeking Aura [+3 LD]
-Raw Passion [+3 Prosperity]

Shield rearranged his equipment, equipping his combat gear in lieu of his looting gear. The heavy articles of armor settled back into place, as did his unique shield and entirely mundane sword.

"Oh, he's nice enough," Shield said in response to her questions. "Maybe a little too nice. Sometimes, it's difficult to get in a word edgewise, he's too busy being friendly." He began to pace the shoreline once again, this time making sure to keep close enough to Ruby to intervene if necessary. "As for how long I've known him, he and I have been playing games against each other for years now, but to say I knew him before SAO would be inaccurate. We knew plenty of one another. We did not know one another."

With both chests gone, the shore was relatively clear for him to pace, which he did. He made laps back and forth across the spot where he and Ruby had fought with the last few mobs.

Edited by Shield

Ruby had smiled to hear that he was nice enough, however he had said that he was maybe a little too nice, however she had noticed as he had spoke out some more that he had been pacing back and forth on the shoreline, Ruby had smiled and said out to him "Well, its nice to know that you two could meet in a physical manner in a way. However you don't gotta pace around, come on sit down, enjoy the scenery, meditate in front of the lake." she had pat the with a open arm next to her "No need to be shy about it Shield, I would presume this isn't the first time you are alone with a extremely hot girl, I don't bite." she had giggled. However looking forward she had reeled in rather fast and violently and as she had gotten it out of the lake she had seen that she had caught 4 more fish, Ruby smiled and took two into her inventory and then moved the pole in Shield's direction offering the other two to him.

@Shield

-----

ID: 94855 - CD: 11 - [4 Material's Fished Up]

Loot -

Ruby - 9285 Col, 21 T3 Mat

Shield - 9285 Col, 15 T3 Mat, 1 T3 Uncommon Consumable, 4 T3 Rare Consumables, 1 T3 Perfect Heavy Armor,  1 T3 Rare Weapon

ID# 94856 results: Loot: 15+6=11 - +1 T3 Material

Shield did not so much as turn to address the comments Ruby had made towards him regarding women. It did take a great deal of mental fortitude to resist the urge to to roll his eyes. He simply focused his eyes on the surroundings and continued combing the beach.

"If you're actually trying to hit on me, you're barking up the wrong tree," Shield sighed. "I'm not exactly looking to get tangled up with anyone right now. And if you're saying what you're saying to tease me, then that's probably a little cruel given the kinds of guys who tend to be drawn to these sort of games."

His tone was not one of anger. If anything, his general, impassive demeanor made him sound more bored than anything else, but in any case, Shield decided that being candid was always best in these situations. As he wandered a little more inland, his foot nudged something on the stony floor of the cavern, and he turned over a piece of silvery ore that he had seen a number of times before on this floor. He retrieved it and stored it with the rest of their gains.

Edited by Shield

Ruby had listened to Shield, and it was basically the reaction she had expected to hear from him, however she had laughed out before waving her hand in front of him and said "If you thought I was straight let me inform ya tiger. I wasn't trying to hit on you at all, I simply wanted you to chillax and relax, you don't need to be constantly moving to feel like you are doing something. And yes, back to my first statement, I am not straight, and yes I am attracted to girls." she had looked back forward to feel that the line had jerked forward, with a smile she had began to reel in the line and saw that she had caught three fish, Ruby had placed the 3 materials into her inventory. She had looked back to Shield and said "But I feel as though you are a little tight with you emotions Shield. Be a little more open, relax, see the world the way it was intended to be. This was intended to be a game to enjoy, not one to be so... tight and lacking of emotion."

@Shield

-----

ID: 94858 - CD: 9 - [3 Material's Fished Up]

Loot -

Ruby - 9285 Col, 24 T3 Mat

Shield - 9285 Col, 16 T3 Mat, 1 T3 Uncommon Consumable, 4 T3 Rare Consumables, 1 T3 Perfect Heavy Armor,  1 T3 Rare Weapon

ID# 94970 results: Loot: 18+6=24 - +1 Material

"That's fine," Shield said, shaking his head a little at the revelation of Ruby's actual preferences. "But you're fishing for more than just materials with comments like those, so I just wanted to save you the time. In any case, not everyone enjoys being an open book. I have a life outside of the game that I really want to get back to, so no, I don't really feel like resting is an option. Not for long, at any rate, and not beyond replenishing my strength to continue pushing forward. I didn't get where I am by relaxing."

He stopped, turning over a stone with his foot to discover a small shred of carapace. He knelt down and picked it up. It was light, though incredibly hard to the touch, like some sort of exoskeleton. If used properly, it would be an excellent material for light, strong armor.

"Not everyone is privy of my emotions," he added matter of factly. "That's not a rebuff or an urge to be left alone, but it is how I feel on the matter. I have a very small number of players that I trust, and I might choose to share little bits of information with them, but that decision is my business. You are always welcome to inquire, but I reserve the right to not answer when I choose. That's my general policy."

Edited by Shield

Ruby had looked over as she had continued to fish for materials, treasure chests, and mobs listening to Shield's words, before long Ruby had spoke out after he had finished "And you don't think many other people aren't sharing the same fate as you are? Even despite me not having anyone to go see again, I still had a job working in Fashion, I still had a career I was building, and I didn't get there by relaxing either, however at the same time I wasn't constantly working on it. There's not much you can do further when you have hit a brick wall." she had looked back forward to reel in her line to see 3 materials, taking one for herself and the other two for Shield. After he had finished speaking Ruby had said out "I never said that everyone is, however I feel as though you have to put more trust in the people who want to help you grow as well, wouldn't you think they feel obligated to know something about you?"

@Shield

-----

ID: 94858 - CD: 10 - [3 Material's Fished Up]

Loot -

Ruby - 9285 Col, 25 T3 Mat

Shield - 9285 Col, 19 T3 Mat, 1 T3 Uncommon Consumable, 4 T3 Rare Consumables, 1 T3 Perfect Heavy Armor,  1 T3 Rare Weapon

ID# 95060 results: Loot: 4+6=10 - No materials

Shield shot Ruby a look. It was one he didn't use very often, but he was not particularly in the mood to have a stranger lecture him on how to live his own life.

"Look. You're new to the front lines," Shield said, his tone even, but his eyes cool. "Comparing Aincrad to a brick wall is a false equivalency. The ceiling is slow moving, but it is moving. That slow progress has come at the expense of the blood, sweat, and tears of those of us who have been fighting on the front lines. You're putting words into my mouth to assume that I think my case is unique, but it is what motivates me, and for me, I've chosen not to take vacations."

He was no longer focusing on searching. Beneath him, his foot scuffed along the ground in a half-hearted attempt to find more valuables, but the effort was fruitless for the time being.

You don't know me," Shield's eyes were stony, and his voice was steady. Still, he allowed the rigidity of his body language to do the talking for him. "You may choose to live with your proverbial pages open, but the little I allow people to see is my business to decide, and you can't see as little as you have and decide for me whether that decision is the right one."

Edited by Shield

Ruby had chuckled after he had spoken out, he was not wrong, however she could only assume how is based off the words that he had said "You misunderstood what I am trying to tell you Shield." she had straightened herself and said out to him "I don't care whether or not its a false equivalency, however we ALL are fighting for the same reasons you are, and we ALL are fighting for your reasons. I don't care if I don't know you, but what I do know is living a life of a closed book rather than a open one is rather one that no one should live." she had giggled "It's quite pathetic even, living without a soul knowing a thing about you, it only shows the actions you are taking are for basically none after you have past." she had reeled in the line from her fishing pole and took one for herself and two to let Shield take.

@Shield

-----

ID: 94858 - CD: 10 - [3 Material's Fished Up]

Loot -

Ruby - 9285 Col, 26 T3 Mat

Shield - 9285 Col, 21 T3 Mat, 1 T3 Uncommon Consumable, 4 T3 Rare Consumables, 1 T3 Perfect Heavy Armor,  1 T3 Rare Weapon

ID# 95128 results: Loot: 11+6=17 - +1 Material

Shield considered Ruby for a long time, trying to make his mind up about something. His expression did not change, nor did his stance. Eventually, he shook his head.

"No, I have a very hard time believing you're fighting for the same things I am," Shield said. He did not scoff. He did not chide. However, his tone was very frank, and at that, he turned his eyes back toward the ground, continuing to make his way along the shore. "I'd be willing to venture a guess that the vast majority of players here are not fighting for what I'm fighting for. If you mean the general objective of 'freedom,' then in all honesty, you're wrong. Freedom is not the goal in and of itself. It is a means to an end. There are higher goals than that, and that is what drives me onward."

His foot turned over a stone, and beneath it, there sat a collection of brightly colored, algae. After having spent so much of his time hunting for components and materials, he could make a guess that this would be useful as a reagent in some alchemic mixture. Kneeling down, he tapped the item and selected the option to store it away. The rock beneath was suddenly clean, free of algae, and Shield stood back to his full height.

"You're presenting me with a false dichotomy now," Shield went on, brushing off his knee. "Just because I do not live with my pages constantly open does not mean I never open them at all. It is rarely entirely one or the other. I already told you, I have those I can confide in, and on occasion, I have. I am content with that. If you are not, that says a great deal more about you than it does about me."

Edited by Shield