[PP-F7] Dragon Tale <<Feeding The Enemy>> [Complete]

Krysta was walking towards the edge of Floor 7's main settlement and safe zone. To remain prepared, she had certain items within her inventory at all times, just in case. She suddenly heard a voice from behind. "Something on your mind, miss?" "Oh! Um, yes, actually." She had turned to see an elderly NPC woman. "Um, I've been thinking lately, how ever am I supposed to tame a familiar?" The NPC smiled. "You're asking the right questions, and to the right person, too. I can tell you the secret to taming a monster: by feeding it." After the rest of the explanation that followed those words, The quest notification appeared. "This is it! This is the quest Vigilon was talking about!" After pressing accept, the NPC wished Krysta well and left. Krysta then pulled up her messenger.

Vigilon, the quest you were telling me about, it came to me! I'm at the edge of Nimbus, which is on floor 7, so if you can, please meet me there!

-Krysta

She would be remaining by the safe zone's edge at least a bit longer before she would set off...

Krysta's stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  6(to be honest, I originally thought I would be level 7 when starting this thread. Oh well.)
HP:  120
EN:  12
DMG:  5(OHR Rank 2[+2], Certatior's Saber[+2])

Items:

Certatior's Saber(+2 DMG)
Guardian Vest(2 Mit. [Total 18])

Cloak of the Sea(1 LD)

Andvari's Blessing(3 LD)

Floral Vanilla Cupcake(2 LD)

Battle Items:

Standard Healing Potion(x3) (Restores 50 HP)

Standard Damage Crystal(+3 DMG)

@Vigilon @Pinball @Mars

Edited by Krysta
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinball took a deep breath, and looked around. He was on Floor 7, one of the many levels of Aincrad he had explored before he had decided to join the fight. He had enjoyed taking walks, but now, leveling up took up most of his time. His days were mostly spent level grinding, as he had hopes of making to the frontlines in the near future. He hadn't taken any quests on this particular floor; in fact, Pinball didn't know if there even were quests on this floor. But, he had come here to scope the place out, and see if there was anything he could take advantage of. He started walking along the path he normally took on his walks, and he saw her. It was Krysta, one of the players he had taken Worn Out Welcome with. She was just closing her messenger when he spotted her, and Pinball froze, unsure as to whether or not it would be weird to walk up and say hello. He twisted, taking a few steps back, his head looking up at the sky, trying his best to think quickly. 

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 14 | HP: 280 | EN: 28 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 5 |

Equipped: 

• Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA {3 Slots} 
  • Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, +1 Phase, Cursed {4 Slots} 
  • Warrior's Focus: +3 ACC {3 Slots} 

Skills: 

• 2H Assault Spear ~ Rank 3 
  • Fishing 
  • <<Empty>>

Battle Ready Inventory: 

<<N/A>>

He walks onto the seventh floor with his arms within the pockets of his coat that his light armor provides still having his hood up, but this time around having a Liger at his side that has fire like a mane coming from it, and even some fire like furry cuffs at its feet. Mars looks down towards his familiar with a serious look. No slouching this is a recon run to test the strength of these floors to see if they can even face against us and survive. he tells his familiar as the creature just nods and flares its fire as Mars can only grin at how easy it was to train the Liger to fit how to act, and behave when in public. The only thing that need some training is the habit of territorial defense of all things. Along his walk he spots a familiar person and grins to himself and walks up towards the player and nods to his familiar who does a equivalent of a grin and lets loose a fire near the person known as Pinball. What's the matter pal seems like you're slacking ever so slightly. Amusement just dripping from his voice.

Stats:

Spoiler

Level 16    320/320   DMG: 9

Eva 3 l  ACC 3 l  9 DMG  l  2 Regen (+10 Hp when hit)  l 1 savvy (+1 BD when enemy misses)

Base damage: 6+2+1=9

Skill

Rank 4 Martial arts  +6 DMG

Rank 2 Fighter Familiar: +2 DMG

Battle ready Inventroy - 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)

@Vigilon

Edited by Mars

(OOC: Sorry I took so long. Nabbed myself a mitigation consumable for myself just in case.)

Vigilon was in his shop, preparing himself for the day, when a message appeared in front of him.

Vigilon, the quest you were telling me about, it came to me! I'm at the edge of Nimbus, which is on floor 7, so if you can, please meet me there!

-Krysta

With that, he made sure his inventory had what he needed, and rushed out of the stone building. He knew how much of a minor trek it was from his shop to a different exit point of Nimbus. Thankfully, he hadn't forgotten his familiar, Veriost. The small white frost dragon woke up from all the wind rushing at her due to Vigilon's sprinting. She took flight to catch up with him. When he finally got to the base of the mountain, he caught sight of a player or two fleeing to the safe zone. Could this mean the rumors he heard were true? That there was indeed something roaming the floor? If that was true, Krysta would definitely need some help! Eventually, he reached his destination. "*Pant*, *Pant*, *Huff*, *Puff*.... I came as soon as I could!"

@Krysta  @Pinball @Mars

Vigilon's Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  15
HP:  300
EN:  35(Base[30], Energist[5])
Damage: 6(White blade[+2], Veriost[+1], One handed straight sword Rank 2[+2])

Items:

White Blade(2 Damage, 1 Bleed) 

Sunset's Light(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)

Battle Items:

Never Gonna Let You Down(Mass HP recovery[45])

Boar Bacon(Prosperity, Vitality)

Perfect Beef Bourguignon(3 Mitigation)

Krysta had some time before she would leave the safe zone, so she decided to start full preparations for the trip. She already had Andvari's Blessing equipped, but she might need some more to her searching. She pulled out her floral vanilla cupcake and began to eat it. Clearly, the best food is made by players. Soon, she looked to the safe zone's edge, where her search would begin. She looked in the opposite direction, she saw two players, one of them she recognized. She was considering walking up to them to ask about joining in her search. After thinking for a moment or two, she eventually walked up to the two players. "Hello again, Pinball. It's nice to see you again. I'm about to go out to search for a familiar, and I was wondering if you and your friend would be interested in coming along." Soon after she said that, she heard footsteps. She turned to see Vigilon heading over fairly fast. "Oh, Vigilon, there you are! Did something happen? You seem worried and out of breath..."

@Pinball @Mars @Vigilon

- Floral Vanilla Cupcake

Krysta has a +2 increase to LD for remainder of thread

Pinball grimaced as Mars appeared. "Oh," he muttered, looking away. He had been slacking, in fact. With his training, that is. Pinball hadn't exactly been keeping up with his levelling like he should have been, and Mars seemed to have been doing just that. "Hey. What the hell are you doing here?" He then turned to face Krysta, who greeted the two of them. Pinball's face lit up. Embarrased, he nodded. "H-hey, man - dude? Man. What's up?" Pinball's head swivelled to the side, heavy footsteps alerting the boy to someone approaching. Krysta called him Vigilon. The man seemed to be very out of breath. Maybe jogging? Do people even jog in this game? Pinball took a step back, sticking close to Mars, the person he knew the best. He would watch what unfolded. If Krysta was fine with it, Pinball would join her in the search for her familiar. It wasn't as if he had anything planned to do today. 

He looks over towards the girl with a raised eyebrow as she seems to want help in searching for some kind of familiar. he can only wonder why anyone would want to help. However, from what he had heard about what is going on in the floor he couldn't refuse knowing their is always a chance of that creature lurking nearby that has been terrorizing things. We'll be joining ms Krysta the name is Mars. I heard their is some kind of creature around this floor causing trouble if harm was to befall as player with my knowledge of knowing i could stop it. I would definitely lose some sleep over that. he speaks politely with a bow to the woman known as Krysta using his acting to hide his satisfaction at knowing their could be a chance to fight a powerful enemy for his own amusement, and to hide the fact he couldn't care less whether this girl lived or died. Naturally with his acting talents that were  absolutely perfect that he had hoend over his entire life not a single flaw was in his acting. Also Pinball i'm on this floor scouting the strength of the general strength of mobs on this floor to check out this beast that supposedly has been stirring up trouble here on this floor. My informants have informed me of something being on this floor before i went here. Also hello Vigilon. He says politely to the player

@Vigilon

Edited by Mars

(OOC: Mars, you do remember that our characters have already met, right? Avalanche, remember?)

It seemed that there were two other players in the scene, one of them he recognized. "Sprinting all the way here is definitely exhausting, especially if the starting point is a mountain half a mile from this safe zone..." He was still catching his breath at the moment, and it wasn't long before he realized something was wrong. "Grrrrglllll...." "Aw, crap...I forgot to have breakfast this morning!" Well, he did have an item that would also increase his mitigation...and if the beast was indeed roaming around causing trouble, he may need it. "Um...sorry, if you could just give me a minute or two..." He pulled out the mitigation boosting beef stew from his inventory. He sat down(not caring that he was sitting down on the ground) and started on the item. He was hoping to finish it fast so he could join in the search quickly, but he made sure he didn't go so fast that it would all just come back out on the slightest disturbance.

@Krysta @Pinball @Mars

- Perfect Beef Bourguignon

Vigilon's Mitigation has increased by 27 for the remainder of thread.

Pinball seemed nervous. Must have been how Krysta suddenly approached and spoke. Mars introduced himself and told her that he would be coming along, as well as something having to do with a terrible creature on the loose. He had a very polite manner of speech. "Nice to meet you, Mars. My name is Krysta." Vigilon had apparently sprinted all the way here, and judging by the distance he spoke of, was really impressive. Krysta became curious as to why he sprinted the whole way. Did he not wish to be late or anything(not that Krysta would judge if he was), or was it something else? Then Vigilon realized he had forgotten to eat something. The next question Krysta had for herself was whether Vigilon just forgot, or possibly dropped everything to sprint all the way here, thinking about the time he would arrive. He did say he arrived as soon as he could... Getting her mind off the subject and back to the day's matter at hand, she pulled up her inventory to equip a cloak that would help in the search, which appeared in place of the Light Armor she was wearing over her white dress. "Well then, whenever you all are ready, just let me know, and we can set out."

@Pinball @Mars @Vigilon

Equipped Cloak of the Sea(1 LD)

Pinball's eyebrows furrowed at Mars's explanation. It was valid, he knew, but Pinball couldn't help but be uncomfortable with it. Especially when the man had gotten so much stronger... He shrugged it off. He would catch up eventually. He turned his attention to Vigilon and Krystal, and smiled a bit to himself as Vigilon popped a squat in the dirt to eat his breakfast. Pinball couldn't help but be a bit jealous of the man's attitude. He shrugged, stretching a bit, though it wasn't really necessary in the game. Gripping his spear in one hand, he hefted the weapon off the ground and against his shoulder. He would use it as a walking stick as they traveled, but it was more comfortable like this while they were waiting. Krystal told them they would leave when everyone was ready, and he nodded. He couldn't help but be a bit nervous, especially since they were going into the wilderness of Floor 7. But, he figured, in a party of four, there wasn't much that could possibly go wrong. 

He nods his head at the woman that he now knows is Krysta and looks at the other two people that are present at the moment judging them from what he can see. he knows he can trust Pinball to hold his own that is for certain especially with the unique enhancement. He frowns slightly remembering the fact that Pinball had managed to get such a weapon in his hand. He then looks to Vigilon and thinks back to the Avalanche quest and nods his head remembering him being more about status effects then anything else. Something that could come in use if a fight was to break loose. To prepare fort he worst is to be the safest. So then if i may ask everyone here. If they have any damage buff items i would like to request the usage of it encase we run into that beast that is supposedly within the area of this town. I have a good chance of hitting the beast practically every time, and have rank four within my sword arts. I would be the one able to utilize the damage to its fullest extents. With my case on the table i will ask once more. If their are any damage items i would appreciate being able to use them to guarantee our survival if need be. He says to the players gathered in a polite and respectful tone. As if he is fine if he doesn't end up with it in the end if they choose to go against it. Once more using his acting talents to hide his confidence and almost arrogance at the fact of thinking they would agree since the choice is only natural. Give damage to the highest DPS to end fights quickly if their is a dangerous beast. Anything else would be rather shocking and ignorant. His familiar that is the liger just resting upon the ground and gazing upon the dragon with only a half-interested look on his face.

(OOC: .......Oh dear, I think Krysta's figuring me out.)

Krysta seemed to look towards him, possibly out of curiosity, not that he understood why. Krysta equipped a sapphire blue cloak that, to Vigilon, complemented her white dress more than her Light Armor vest, though it may have just been the design. She then said that they would set out once they were ready. Pinball pulled out his weapon, an assault spear, and seemed to be ready. Mars asked if anyone had any damage increasing items on them so that he would use them, looking to bring the most firepower. Honestly, Vigilon had no clue if anyone who did have such items would agree. Some players might be willing to step under a shadow in order to survive, but there were always others who preferred more equality and/or balance within the party. He got up, and said, "Sorry, Mars, I don't got anything you could use for damage. I'd say I'm ready, but I think we should form a party first."

@Krysta @Pinball @Mars

@Vigilon (OOC:   :)  Thanks for giving yourself away.)

Krysta saw how Pinball pulled out an assault spear. Last time she saw him, he was using a dagger. Mars asked if the players had any items that would increase their damage, so that he would have them. Krysta's thoughts went to her standard damage crystal, which she had in her inventory just in case. However, she was not willing to let someone get all the glory by dishing out all the damage... "I, um...no, I'm afraid not. I never knew there was a dangerous beast around this floor. If I did, I might have brought something." Vigilon said he was ready, and said that a party should be formed first. "Oh, I've forgotten to do that, haven't I?" She pulled up the menu and sent party invites to the three players joining her. Once that was done, she was ready to start her search. She knew there would be all sorts of waiting in this game, but the more times she was stuck waiting, the more and more she would prefer that everything had been waiting for her instead. Knowing that there was something big out there, stepping outside the safe zone took some courage, and thus, to boost her own morale, and possibly the others, she would sing. Normally, she loved singing deep, heartfelt songs, songs with a graceful air to it, and of course, songs with meaning. The song she had in mind had meaning, but the tune and air might not be compatible with her voice. Nevertheless, she would try, and sing enchantingly.

"Well, I won't back down.

No, I won't back down.

You can stand me up at the gates of Hell,

But I won't back down.

No, I'll stand my ground,

Won't be turned around,

And I'll keep this world from dragging me down,

Gonna stand my ground.

And I won't back down..."

(OOC: I know that I usually use Italic for thoughts, but these were lyrics to a song, so...)

Sent Party invites to @Pinball, @Mars, and @Vigilon

Pinball was a bit nervous now. A dangerous monster? He had known nothing about that. Looking now at Vigilon, he slapped his forehead. Was that why Vigilon had been in such a hurry to get here? Damn it, the boy thought, a bit annoyed with himself, be more observant. It should have been obvious. But he was spending more and more time with people as of late, and he was getting sloppy. Sloppy, and a bit trusting - both of which Pinball was never really. You're gonna get yourself killed - outsmarted by some clever traitor. Think. Quickly removing his head from his forehead, he rubbed his eyes instead. Hopefully they didnt notice the flash of discomfort that had crossed his face just then. He accepted the party request, and was a bit taken aback when Krysta started to sing. His face turned a bit red despite himself, and when she was finished, Pinball smiled. "Hey, hey, that was pretty good!" Pinball clapped, then stopped himself. Am I being weird? Just... Do something! Pinball stalled out. He tried forcing words out of his mouth, but all that came out was, "Beware, the barbeque is apples." He turned away, then started walking ahead. His voice now a monotone, Pinball refused to look back at the group. "I'll wait for you guys over there."

He frowns hearing the none of the players seemingly had a damage boosting item to allow him a chance to increase what he can do already. A shame for certain, but something that will have to naturally be dealt with since he can handle anything this monster will throw at him. Well if anything he still had that quest item, and with that he opened his inventory and took out a matriarch's stinger and applied it to himself  stabbing it into him as it increases his damage ever so slightly with it making him better and more combat ready against the enemy that will most likely happen. The beast having spotted way to many times by exploring players for it to not happen. hearing the player sings he just nods his head, and doesn't comment as a good voice doesn't deserve praise. The good feeling people should get is from knowing they did great on their own not through recognition of others. He turns to Pinball who claps and then seems to get slightly awkward.  So then Krysta what type of familiar are you looking for? he asks in a polite tone of voice to seem like he is interested, and to anyone listening would sound like he is genuinely interested.

Upon hearing the sound that came from it, Vigilon turned to notice that Pinball had slapped his forehead, then seem uncomfortable. Vigilon decided to not worry about that. After all, Vigilon would appreciate having space if he was in an uncomfortable situation. He accepted the party invite that Krysta sent him. Almost immediately after the safe zone's border was crossed, Krysta began to sing. The song, he recognized, as his father used to sing it to his mother. Ever since his father was gone, his mother would either sing it to herself occasionally to have courage in tough situations, or she would try to encourage Vigilon or his sister, who seemed to lose taste for music ever since that fateful day. He knew of the song, in two ways as well. What got him the most, was not the lyrics that reminded him of his past, but it so happened to be Krysta's voice. Through her, the song was beautiful, enchanting. "Whoa..." Judging by the face Vigilon had, you could be fairly close to accurate if you were to say he was entranced. He felt the need to start going along. He knew he would most likely be awkward if he did, but with the memories, and the voice...he had the audacity to join in.

"Hey, There is no easy way out,

Hey, I will stand my ground,

And I won't back down.

Well I know what's right,

I got just one life,

In a world that keeps on pushing me around,

But I'll stand my ground.

And I won't back down.

Hey, there is no easy way out.

Hey, I will stand my ground.

And I won't back down..."

Vigilon suddenly felt embarrassed. He looked to his left, and to his right, hoping nobody could see his face reddening. Once the song had finished, Pinball applauded Krysta's singing. However, he then sputtered out sudden nonsense, and walked ahead, probably to deal with his latest self-embarrassment, not that Vigilon minded that at all. Mars then asked Krysta what kind of familiar she wanted. Vigilon was all ears to know, but kept a normal face, attitude and pace.

@Krysta @Pinball @Mars

Krysta was almost surprised when Vigilon joined in. However, she appreciated the harmony it added to the song. She continued to sing the song until it was finished, then Pinball applauded her singing...and then spoke nonsense, embarrassing himself. Krysta felt a little sorry for him, for one could easily be damaged by blundering their own words. At least, that's what Krysta believed was the case. Krysta walked over to Vigilon. "I thought your singing was good as well. It added some harmony to the song, despite how sudden it was..." Mars asked her what kind of familiar she wanted. "Preferably, I would go with something mystical, not really found in the real world." She was ready to begin her search. She looked to her left and right, trying to see where she should start. She heard some flapping of wings, and took out a pear from her inventory. She looked and saw a small-ish(probably young) phoenix perched on a tree branch. She held out the pear for the creature. It came to her warily, and soon took the offered fruit. Soon, she was stroking it's head. However, a noise, possibly a roar, echoed from a distance, upon which the mystical bird took off and disappeared into the trees. "*sigh*, So much for that one...by any chance, that couldn't have been the creature that roared, could it?"

@Pinball @Mars @Vigilon

ID# 95016 LD: 11+6=17(Found T1 vanity familiar[Target roll failed])

Edited by Krysta

The two of them both have good voices, Pinball acknowledged. He was a bit jealous. He had always wanted a singing voice, though not one he had to work for. It would take too much time for him to actually practice; time that could be spent on other, more important things.. like reading books. Or playing video games. Though technically, that last one was what got him into this death game in the first time. Maybe If I had tried singing? Pinball watched Krysta with a blank, empty stare as the girl attempted to tame a familiar. In that brief moment, he had a stroke of madness, and thoughts of what could have been revealed themselves. 

Pinball watched as Krysta pet the small monster. With a terribly loud shriek, Pinball launched himself at the bird, jump kicking the poor thing into a tree trunk. Pinball laughed, thumping his chest. "I am the bird king! Fear me! Like a phoenix, I rise! The pastrami has eyes, brothers! Be wary; for the pastrami has eyes!" With another girly shriek, Pinball ran off into the woods, never to be seen again. 

But that would be weird. A loud roar in the distance snapped him out of his daydreaming. "What in the hell?" Pinball's head whirled left and right, trying to pinpoint the direction it had come from. He tightened his grip on the spear he had been using as a walking stick. "Be careful," he murmured to nobody in particular, his eyes darting here and there. 

He listens to the two companions start singing along to the song as he just rolls his eyes at that not finding that particularly great to much extent, but at least it will allow for awkward silence to not be a thing. It will however make it easier for the mob that he had heard about to find them if it just follows the singing if they get close enough within distance of it. He looks over toward his familiar that seems equally annoyed by the singing as he just grins a bit seeing that his familiar isn't easily persuaded by any music. A fitting thing for one such as himself a familiar that is as difficult to manipulate as he himself is. When hearing the questions after the roar he just nods his head. I would assume it is the beast that has been causing trouble around here lately. who knows maybe we will be lucky enough to face it, and show it the strength a group of players can inflict upon it. he says with a chuckle not being afraid at all and quite clearly displaying that in tone and posture.

@Vigilon

Edited by Mars

(OOC: Aw, man, failed by 2...)

Vigilon didn't expect Krysta to compliment him on his singing, which she also said that despite the sudden joining, added to the harmony. Vigilon's face reddened drastically when she turned around to continue searching. He hoped nobody noticed his face's color change. "Ah...heh, thanks......" Vigilon was now feeling more embarrassed than he normally would. Why was he turning red? He shouldn't be. Why was he responding to the compliment the way he was? Probably because he didn't ever consider himself to be that good. It's not like he ever thought he was. Could Krysta have just been trying to be nice? Who knows? Something seemed off, but what was it? Krysta tried to tame a phoenix, and when she succeeded, a roar echoed from a distance. That brought back memories. "Don't sweat it, Krysta, That happened to me, too. I've noticed that plenty of non-aggressive mobs tend to be scared and wary...especially if there's something big out there..." Mars then believed the beast was nearby, and wondered if they would be lucky enough to find it and face it. He turned to him. "...Do you want to find that thing?"

@Krysta @Pinball @Mars