[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

The couple's dance began at a slow pace, each of them trying to match the other ones movements, not sure who of the two were going to lead. With a warm smile and a chuckle, Jomei gently squeezed the hand Telrenya had placed atop his. After taking a quick look down at their feet, he took the lead role in the two's loving waltz, and one Telrenya was able to match his movements, his eyes returned to look into Tel's. The two were far from perfect when it came to dancing, managing to lose step multiple times, and even tripping over the toes of their shoes once or twice. This only sparked more laughter between them, and made the situation more enjoyable. The masked ginger's mind trailed back to the lazy morning the two shared not too long ago, where the two shared a playful dance in their own bedroom. The man's lips parted with a small chuckle, "I think we are doing a lot better than last time." he said softly to the blonde in his arms. 

Olive eyes trailed for a mere moment at the others around them before stopping on a familiar two girls dancing together. However their hold on eachother no longer looked like one between two friends, as was apparent by the blush that heated each of their cheeks. "Looks like Kimi and Hestia are having a better time than expected." Jomei said in playful tone, turning the two's bodies so Telrenya could get a good look at the two.

His gaze then returned to the chocolate brown orbs that rested behind the mesh of her mask, his loving smile widening. Slowly, Jomei lowered his head towards Telrenya's shoulder, his lips meeting the warm skin of her rosy cheek. He held his kiss for a moment before parting, leaving his head mere inches from her. "I love you, Estelle." his voice soft, but his words held weight with its meaning, "I'm so happy to have you in my life." As his shoulders rose so he stood at full height yet again, his hand that held Telrenya's shifted its hold on the girl allowing him to turn her to spin once so she was facing away from Jomei. Taking his hand from hers, he let his arms slide past her sides, pulling her into a tight embrace from behind, letting his head rest just above her shoulder. "I wish we had more reasons to get dressed up like this" Jomei admitted, "You just look simply beautiful in a dress." He released the girl from his embrace from behind and allowed her to turn front again, so the two could continue their slow dance. 

@Telrenya

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beat listened to the conversation politely, being uncharacteristically quiet as a feeling began to come over him. Initially, Beat had been having a blast with his orchestrated plan to launch Shield as far out of his comfort zone as possible, and the older gentleman had shown signs of rallying with Beat, but with his partner's last response, which made little sense given what Piera had said, it was clear that he had won. The problem was that Beat wasn't enjoying his victory as much as he had thought. Clearly pushing a man like Shield this far was a challenge not worth overcoming. Beat called after Piera and Lee as they walked away, "Have fun you two," with a cheerful note in his voice. @Piera @Lee

Man, victory is not supposed to taste this bitter...

After a few moments, Beat let out a defeated sigh and leaned over to speak into Shield's ear."Alright big guy, game's over, I'll ease up...we can go home if you want." He said, with a hint of disappointment. Beat would have never played the game he had today if he had thought it would push Shield this far, but shortsightedness was a folly of Beat's at times and he had failed to realize that the situation was already going to be uncomfortable without Beat's antics. It was one thing to play a prank on a friend, but it was beginning to feel like torture, something friends definitely did not do. Beat hoped his surrender would ease some of the pressure Shield was feeling and he would be able to tough it out, but Beat had meant what he had said, if Shield was done, Beat would not object.

Beat turned back to their remaining company and returned the usual smile to his face, "So, did you come with anyone? Or are you here looking for love?" Beat said to Calypso with a wink. Hopefully Shield would not see this as a jab, but rather for what it was: an attempt to keep up appearances and continue making small talk. 

@Shield @Calypso

Edited by Beat

"Uh huh.." she responded blandly to the woman's remark. She tapped her chin with a bored sigh, occasionally glancing around the ball to see if anything interesting was happening, nothing particularly interesting, just the occasional kiss and there. Not until she heard Reimk's last stat,net did she widen her eyes. "W-wait what?" she sputtered out just before the bright haired girl grabbed her hand and raced off to the group she was talking about earlier.

W-what's happening? she thought, confused and shocked that something like this was already happening to her. Just like that, the world went in slow motion for her, couples stopped dancing, people stopped talking and everything was as slow as an old and battered computer. What's going on.. she asked herself confusingly before everything went faster again. People.. she sighed. Just.. People.. This is what they do to you.

@Reinka

Tsu found Jiro's excuse of looking at cute girls funny, a safe joke to make at a Valentine's Day ball. "If you like cute girls, well, I'm right here, ribbit." Tsu joked, reaching for another cookie on the snack table and taking a bite. Jiro introduced himself, and Sorra did the same shortly after. "It's nice to meet you both, ribbit. You two couldn't find a date tonight? Or are you not really into the lovey dovey kind of things here, rrrribbit.Tsu asked, joking a little bit more as she looked out at the couples dancing. That could have been her and Pin if he didn't get so nervous and worked up earlier. Tsu heard Sorra mention that he didn't have a place to live yet, and Tsu put a finger to her mouth. "You don't have a place to live, ribbit? You could just open a shop and use one of the rooms to sleep in, that's what I do, rrrrrribbit.Tsu explained as she grabbed another cookie, looking up at the two guys again.

@Hikoru @Sorra

@Illiure @Steel@Minako

She pulled her back to the group but seems to be missing a member, she wasn't sure.
"Heyo, I got another friend to join our party, I was wondering if we could all dance as a group together and make some fun memories." She pulled her closer to the group and opened up her inventory. "Everyone look this way. I'm going to take a screenshot!" She opened up a tab in her menu that acted like a mirror showing them as she tried to press the button. She hoped she didn't ruin any moments just now but wanted to remember this event with new friends. There was a small flash like a camera that captured the event. "I bet it looks great." She had no idea yet if it turned out poorly she'd laugh at it later but would have the fond memory of taking the picture at least. Currently, she was likely bumping into everyone it'd be a merical if no one fell over.

Hikoru listened as both players spoke a few words, the young girl a tad bit flirty as she enjoyed some sweets. He seemed sweet enough herself, and he knew it to be polite and not to be mean in any way. He let out a small laugh as she said that, and he then gave a sigh as she asked why they were there. He laughed a small bit and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well, i'm not here for another reason other than the free food. In all honesty, I don't stand much of a chance with any of these young ladies, and most are taken at this point." He said with a awkward laugh and a small blush. Although, the real reason he didn't is due to who he actually was. Most if not all players avoided him, due to the stories of him and his Unique Skill, but he wouldn't worry about that now. He looked at Tsu with a small smile. "Well if I may ask, what are you doing here?" And she also spoke to the young man next to him, saying to use a room in his place. He gave a nod. "That's what I did before I closed my shop. Nowadays I stay in a place on the second floor. It's..." He thought about Rex and the multiple thugs and goons found in the rooms. "Nice, but I can't wait for the day I get a home..." He said with another smile on his lips.

@Froppy @Sorra

Illiure bit her lip as she was introduced to the group of people. She cleared her throat and gave a small wave, he face not showing much interest or expression. "Hello," she said clearly, slightly intimidated by the few people who stood before her. An awkward frown appeared on her face as for she was not accustomed to being in such proximity to multiple people at once. What am I even do here? Why am I even here.. she thought with a dejected sigh. The female fumbled with her mask as she tried to make it more comfortable to fit on her face.

She gave a small yelp as Reinka's announced that she was going to take a picture and quickly averted her gaze away from the camera. No, no, no, I do not look good in pictures. she raised her hands up in apologies.. "Ah.. I don't look well in pictures.." she spoke with a deadpan.

@Reinka @Steel @Minako

Sorra simply smiled at Tsu's comment about looking for a cute girl right in front of him. She was cute, no denying that, though she seemed a bit younger than him.. so probably a path the taller man did not wish to travel down. He watched as the girl finished off her cookie and went for another one, deciding to the the same, grabbing a piece of chocolate from the table and popping the morsel in his mouth. "Well.. no. But I also wasn't really looking for a date." he started, swallowing the piece of candy down, "I had only just learned of this event today.. so didn't really have the time" he chuckled, before speaking a bit more quietly to himself "Not like I have many options anyway."  He turned his attention back to the girl, shrugging his shoulders, "I really just came up here to see what it was all about.. meet some new people ya'know?

The topic had come up about shops and places to live. Sorra's cheeks burned pink as his hand led to the nape of his neck, his blue eyes trailing to the floor in front of him. "W-Well ... you see I.. Haven't even taken that quest yet.. Let alone ..er.. anything." 

@Hikoru @Froppy

While it was a relief to know that the evening of emotional warfare was over, there was no way he was going to allow everything he had been through to be a waste. He was far too stubborn to lose such a long and hard-fought battle.

You know me better than to think I'm just going to give up after a few stumbles.

In response to the whisper, Shield thumped Beat's shoulder with the heel of his hand, feigning indignation, as if he had heard something scandalous whispered in his ear.

"Beat~," he protested, giving Beat a second, firmer thump, this time more just as a benign return-fire for everything he had been made to suffer through rather than a necessary part of the flirty act. "That's HARDLY appropriate!" he scolded teasingly, now reaching up to upset Beat's finely styled hair. The result was that the younger player how had a rather sizable clump of hair sticking straight up on top of his head. Shield hid all traces of amusement before they had a chance to leak out of him. It felt awkward to be flirtatious in general, let alone with Beat of all people, but he could find enough entertainment in watching his transgressor suffer to look past it.

Was it petty to use Beat's truce as a means to pay him back uncontested? Yes. Did Shield care? The sheer amount of concentration necessary to conceal his mirth upon seeing the aftermath of his vengeful tousling was a good sign that no, he did not. At least not in the mean time. He might apologize for it later. If he felt like it.

You made your bed. Now lie it it. So buck up, buttercup. This evening is just starting. We're going to get through this, and we're going to do it the way we've done everything in this game - together.

@Calypso @Beat

Edited by Shield

@Illiure

"That's what they all say. Besides you have a cool mast on so if you're worried about ti you don't have to be. I think you'll be fine in the picture anyway. Even without the red mask."

She felt Illure wanted to be noticed. Why else were a red mask that was so elaborate in the first place? Yet she seemed like a sweet shy young woman behind it. Reinka was sure once she got her shop started she'd send her a bottle of perfume so Illure would feel even more gorgeous than she already was and maybe it'd help raise he confidence, though she might be totally wrong about what she assumed about the woman.

"Hey Illure could I add you as a friend. I might want to send you something later on one day." She smiled happily.

She wasn't sure, but maybe the girl would like a dance. She looked for any singles guys in the room she might be able to set her up with and if she couldn't she'd tell Steel that he might have to dance with everyone at this rate.

Krysta blushed softly, and looked into his eyes sweetly, and thanked him, saying that he was very sweet. He began to think, what was the difference between typical life in this game, the times where he had those moments he could relax for a bit, and this particular day. The average day in this game involved him going out, and doing one or more of these things: Training, searching, questing, and looking for potential friends and allies. Between friends and allies, he considered friends a higher priority. Sure, being able to lead a Guild might be nice, but that didn't matter as much. He brought his mind back to the moment he and Krysta were having. He looked at her in her sparkling blue eyes, and smiled. He noticed something though. There was something missing. "Hey, Jewel, mind if I ask you a quick question? Where's Yolviinsil?" He would have easily guessed that Krysta's familiar was somewhere in the large room, but Yolviinsil didn't seem to be anywhere, and she never left Krysta's side most of the time, so where could the feathered small dragon be?

@Krysta

Dazia appreciated the area of the dance floor that she was brought to. "Sure, we can start slow." There wasn't anything that came to mind that could cause any problems when she had looked around before Benjamin had spoken to her. The couples would be distracted by each other, there wouldn't be someone watching every move they made. Although not every move, Dazia expected that Yinangi would turn to see how they were doing here and there. Yinangi looked over to Dazia, and gave her a thumbs-up for encouragement before continuing her advancement to the sweets. "Now, which one to start with...?" It wasn't long before Yinangi was stuffing her face with cookies. Some color that didn't match with the surroundings seemed to appear at the edge of Yinangi's vision. She turned to see a pumpkin(A Jack-o-Lantern of sorts, maybe?) with vines for limbs, which, kind of startled her, given the scenario, the difference, and the sudden noticing. "UUHH! Phweet unkul!!(Aaah! Sweet uncle!!)" Her mouth was still full of cookies, which explained the muffled shout. She had also dropped a handful of cookies that she was holding on the floor due to being startled.

@Benjamin Bookworm @H3LL0 @Hikoru

Vigilon seemed to be a little lost in thought, but he definitely heard what Krysta said, and returned to the moment in not much time at all. He smiled, and then seemed to notice something. He then asked her if he could ask a quick question. "Certainly, Alex." He then asked her about where Yolviinsil was. She realized that she'd completely forgotten about that. Her familiar, Yolviinsil, was a shy creature after all. She then looked through her memories of the day, and remembered that Yolviinsil sneaked into Vigilon's shop in hopes of being able to have a play date with a fellow small dragon, Veriost, Vigilon's familiar. "I-I think she got into your shop looking for Veriost. She's been wanting to get to know a fellow small dragon for about a bit of a while, now." Despite how shy Yolviinsil normally was, she felt more comfortable around familiars she didn't know than players she didn't know.

@Vigilon

Lee would let himself be lead toward another set of punch that wasn't around the one they have broken away from. He would chuckle at the statement of a spiked punch to which he would agree "Yeah, though I am sure that if someone did, there would be a whole mess of trouble and an even bigger mess of drunk people throwing themselves around." He would continue to look out over the party, not really picking on any one in particular and his mind would go blank in the process. That was until Piera would chime in with her I love you and a smile would creek onto his face as he would nudge her with his elbow ever so slightly and reply in kind "Love you too honey." He would then straighten out his already straightened jacket and lift his head "Da*n right, snazzy as all hell." He would then look Piera up and down and tilted his head. "And you look mighty fine yourself so I guess it wouldn't be so bad to be seen together officially for the time being."

Spoiler

Valentine_Lee_2.png

@Piera

Kimi paused for a little while absorbing what just happened. "Yeah i'm good I think. H-he was... weird." Kimi said with a nervous laugh. "Did you know that NPC? Never seen one behave like that before." Kimi asked Hestia as they backed away from him. "Well either way you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." She continued on to say. The two went back to the pillar they were at before with Noodle following closely behind. "By the way Hestia where is Kuro, I thought he might be here to give my little Noodle a partner to dance with. Or in the very least someone to have around." Kimi said looking at Noodle walking around doing his best to seem formal and cute at the same time. "The two really seem to get along well also." She said getting closer to Hestia to lean on as she watched the other player in the masquerade ball converse. 

At the question i sigh softly, but nods my head yes at that. Yeah i know that NPC sadly he seems to have some floor traveling powers though if he managed to get onto this floor from like the third floor or second floor somehow as if by magic. Makes me wonder how such a thing can happen since most NPCs seem to be isolated to their floors but frenchy over there seems to somehow be the exception to the rules. I say with a slightly annoyed tone when speaking about the waiter, and after saying this i realize that as i realize i should probably try to explain. Okay so umm on the third or second floor i met Spencer. However, neither of us really remembered the other since we met a reallly long time ago once, and was before i hung out with him after this. So i had the idea of going to some restaurant to force him to get us a table to hear his name. With my luck though i picked a restaurant that was for couples, and then the french waiter forced us together into a booth near the back as if trying to pair us up together. The thing is Spencer is gay, and i was in a relationship with Kairi at that time. Which i told the waiter the fact about me, but he still for some reason forced into that situation. I say slightly baffled by that fact as i look at you, and then chuckles a bit as i rub the back of my head. Now that i say that and think on it. It must have been amusing for anyone watching us. I say with a smile as i keep chuckling.

I watch the cute little shark dog familiar looking all formal and ready for a dance as i find it absolutely adorable he has a little suit. When i hear your question though i shake my head. Nah Kuro isn't here i thought he might be a bit to much for a valentines day type event. He kinda too big, and a bit too protective at times when it comes to strangers that i don't even know. So i left him back at my shop which also functions as my home for the time being, and yeah i do think the two of our familiars get along very well all things considered. I say rather happily to my partner as i slowly wrap my arm around your waist after that a bit shyly. Unsure of what could be a bit to far at the moment, but wanting to be a bit closer physically so at the moment. So is their anybody you know that is in this masquerade? Any people you can figure out who they are? I ask the girl curiously only really knowing myself where Jomei is at the moment from the fact it is easy to spot a ginger that is rather tall dancing with his date.

Ben took Dazia's hand into his, and began moving to the rhythm of the music.  Dazia still seemed a bit unsure, but less so than before.  Well, let's just see where the music goes with us tonight.  We can go slow if that's what you want.  No reason not to have a bit of fun while we're here. he said with a bit more of a smile.  He put as much warmth as he could into his expression, which was coming quite naturally for him today, actually.  Having a good time out here in the middle of the party like this wasn't something that he usually did, but it seemed like being inside the game like this made it a lot easier for him to do so.  So, how have things been treating you lately?  I hadn't really gotten a chance to hear about what you do the last time we met. 

@Dazia

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Krysta's answer was not really expected at all. From what he knew, Yolviinsil was a shy little thing, so why the need to try getting to know other dragons if she was shy towards literally everyone else? Besides, wasn't she having problems with a dragon beforehand? Sure, it was a large one that was wreaking havoc on the seventh floor, but the point still remained. "Well, Veriost originally stayed back at the shop because she needed some rest. Of course, there are chances there will actually be some activity." He was considering thinking about what would happen if a laid-back frost dragon and a shy ruby red dragon were to have a playdate, but he needed to focus on something more important right now...which reminded him of something he'd almost forgotten. "Agh, I almost forgot!" He pulled out a box from his inventory. He handed it to Krysta. The box, if opened, would reveal some sweets. In the center of the box was a chocolate cupcake with an enhancement. Around the centerpiece cupcake, there were milk chocolate hearts and pieces of white chocolate in the shapes of crystals. In each corner, there would be a strawberry dipped in chocolate, with white chocolate stripes. "I've been hoping to give this to you." And he had intended to, the whole day.

Chocolate Cupcake(1 ACC) given to @Krysta

’’Look love, I have enough savings to get a house anywhere we want in this digital world. The scenery dosent matter to me either as long as I can be with you. But since we have the opportunity to pick whatever we want, I think we should take it. I just hope that floor 22 will be as beautiful as you. Not that it is possible thou since you are the most beautiful thing Ive ever seen.’’ She answered the younger girl and gave her a light kiss that barely touch. Zandra shivered from the softness of her girlfriends lips.

‘’I have no idea how to sign up, but guess we are in it now.’’ Zandra said with a smile when listening to her treasures words. She nodded. ‘’Yes Avilon. Im sure our heart beats as one, since you could almost say we are one.’’ She said and held her lover closer. ‘’You have totally nothing to fear, Avilon, I will be by your side whenever you want and need me.’’

Hikoru took a look and nodded at the young man. He seemed to be new, and he respected it. It was hard to get started. He pat his back lightly with a smile. "A good place to start is those beginner quests, they can get you some beginner items that can help in the long run." He gave a nod. "Then, when your ready to move onto better items, you can go to a Merchant and get rid of them for some col. Unless you hold onto them for other players like I did awhile back." He said with a chuckle. Suddenly, he heard a scream and looked over at the snack table. Rolland had seemed to scare someone, and he had devoured half of the snacks at the table. With a sigh, he did a hand signal, snapping once, pausing, then snapping two times quickly. He maintained eye contact with the two as something had yet to happen. Rolland looked up and realized it came from Hikoru, he then slammed on the table once, and left without another word, eyeing the young girl and the sweets he had. The code was a simple way of saying "Leave for now and hide." and the one tap on something was a yes. He gave a chuckle and sighed happily.

@Sorra @Froppy @Dazia