[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

Still she just stood there and looked at the other players, and still she was thinking if she should got to Eatos, which just sat on a chair, apart from other players. She looked around and saw a girl with a frog mask walking to a guy and talking to him, she saw a big group of players - They seemed to know each other well. - And after a short moment she decided to walk to Eatos. It was a strange feeling to walk with a dress, it was really a long time ago since she had wear a dress. She walked through the hall to Eatos, looking around and trying to find out if ther were some other familar faces behind the masks. She reached Eatos, she was wearing the same outfit she wore at the christmas party - Uhhm...you look good in that suit Eatos. - she said shy as she came closer  - Why are you sitting ther alone? Arent ther some people you know? - Saphira looked through her green eyes on the woman, the black part of the mask around her eyes made them bigger as they are. Saphira followed Eatos look - Why are you staring at them? -

@Eatos

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure enough, the feelings were mutual, and Vigilon actually wasn't dreaming! Krysta hugged him, and his first thought was to hug her as well. His feelings were going all throughout his body, flitting like butterflies. "I'm glad you told me as well." The two were in an embrace. At least, that's how Vigilon saw it. when they let go, Vigilon thought for a minute. "Say, if we're going to be together for the rest of the event, like as in a couple, I think we should know our real names... My name is Alex. Alex Silver." He had also heard that there was going to be a competition for couples, a couples' contest. If they were indeed going to be in relationship now, they might as well give it a try. "Hey, I know this may seem sudden, but do you think we should enter the couples' contest? It's at least worth a try."

@Krysta

"Yeah i hope so." Kimi said to Jevi as she did a once over at her dress. "The dress really does look great on you. I'm not to fond of wearing dresses myself, but its a nice change of pace." Kimi said as she fluttered with the length of her dress playfully. Kimi looked at what everyone was wearing once again because she didn't get a good look at first and said, "I think everyone here is dressed very well. I'm still waiting on that one person who shows up to parties WAYY overdressed." Kimi said chuckling at the thought of someone wearing a very poofy dress. "Honestly i'm not to sure what to do in these kinds of parties so excuse my being a wallflower." Kimi said brushing the back of her neck with her hand. Kimi looked around the room to see if she could spot anymore people she knew, but with the masks and everyone wearing clothing shes not used to seeing it made it hard fulfill that.

Lee would straighten the heart shaped rose on his chest, all the while, smiling to himself. He thought that he looked rather snazzy as well, all things considered. He wasn't able to see the mask on his face and while the overall shape was to his liking, the color left something to be desired. In the midst of his train of thought, he was approached by a woman wearing an Asian styled dress that had familiar purple flowers covering over the overall white.

She would hold a hand out to which he would take and bowing "A pleasure to meet you Minako." He would then let his posture straighten as he would tilt his head to the opposing side "Ish. I am supposed to be..." He would stop as the appearance of a woman in a black with a blue sheen. He would then hold his hand out and let it hover just above her head "...here she is. Fashionably behind schedule." He would then turn his attentions back toward Minako and continue. "I'm Lee by the way. I love the dress, those flowers grow around my home back in the real world."

Spoiler

zqUJcjA.png

@Minako @Piera

Edited by Lee

I look around the masquerade party with a small sigh enjoying all the well dressed people since they do look amazing, but it does make it difficult to tell who is who within this place. Makes it hard to tell who are the friends you've met along the way or just strangers. I glance back towards kim, and Jevi and then glances slightly towards Kimi and just nods. 'Well i guess i'll stay with Kim to try and make us both less awkward do to at least keeping each other company encase Jevi, and Ruby go off somewhere along with Spencer going somewhere.' I think to myself as i stay where i am. So then Jevi how do you know Ruby besides being in the same guild? I ask curiously to try and get myself into the conversation in some manner. I glance over towards Spencer to see how he is doing at least visibly.

Ruby had giggled as she had said out "But of course Jevi! I think you look fantastic in anything you wear, and you look stunning~" she had said with a smile. However turning to the new player where she had tried to introduce herself, they had found her walking away from them... Ruby blinked a few times as it was rather rude, however she had shrugged it off, maybe her date had arrived or something. Then eventually, Spencer had came up and said that they had looked amazing, Jevi had spoke first, Ruby had wrapped an arm around Jevi's waist and said "Why thank you Spencer, you have a good taste in clothing yourself." Then Hestia had arrived saying hello to them and asked Jevi if she had knew Ruby outside the guild, however she would let Jevi answer that as it would be rude to talk over Jevi. Then another player that had just joined the guild had introduced herself to be Kimi, Ruby had accepted the handshake and said to her "Well hello Kimi, you look beautiful today." she said complimenting her.

Kairi had looked down at her familiar as Macradon went out to get himself a drink, and Kairi one, she had smiled down at Karona as she had leaned down and gave him a few pats on the top of his head. After a moment, Macradon had came back with drinks, Kairi had looked up and grew a smile upon her face taking the drink into her hand. Kairi had said out to him "Thank you Macadamia-Nut, you're very sweet." she had said with a giggle. Kairi looking over to Macradon that had moved his drink to his lips to take a sip, Kairi had looked back to her drink she held with both her hands and done the same. After a moment of relaxation Macradon had spoke out saying its nice to see everyone happy, no drama, and it was calm. Kairi had looked over to Macradon and grew a smile before looking back in the crowd "It appears that everyone seems to know each other in some way shape or form, like those people over there..." she had pointed to the group with a woman with Pink Hair and many other people "That's my guild over there, and I would presume that many others just know each other.

@Macradon

Jomei's expression, and the deep blush on his cheeks as he turned around to face her, were all Telrenya could ask for from her little stunt. Despite the feeling of her heart pounding in her chest at how far from her comfort zone she had stepped, she couldn't keep the corners of her mouth from stretching into a wide, mischeivous grin as the Irishman recognized her. "Hehe, gotcha~" She reveled in her playful tease a moment longer until his compliment reached her ears. The exposed skin on her cheeks took on a faint pink hue of her own as a bashfulness finally took over her.

"You...You look amazing," She returned in a smaller voice, her grin having faded into a shy smile as she tilted her chin to look up at the masked man. She nearly couldn't hold her gaze as she remembered his earlier surprise for her. "And, thank you so much for the flowers. They're gorgeous, Nick." She lowered her volume so as not to share his name with unwelcome ears, but perked up a bit after their sweet exchange. A woman with raven hair made herself visible on the other side of the Irishman, offering him a quick pat on the back. The blonde's attention was quickly grabbed by the player wearing a black-and-gold lioness mask, and before she had discerned who it was hiding underneath, Hestia's comment about rings reached her ears. Her blush deepened with a short stint of embarrassment, but she was lost for words at the stranger's teasing.

Shortly after recovering, Telrenya turned her attention to the other side of the massive ballroom. "This is so nice, a masquerade ball," She let out a small giggle, "I've always wanted to do something like this. It's even better than I imagined."

@Jomei

Pinball smiled a bit beneath his mask. He hadn't expected to be discovered so soon. Especially not by Tsu. "Aw man, am I really that noticeable? And I bought a full mask and everything. That's a damn shame." He shrugged, then pointed to the people she had just been speak in with, though they were now off doing their own things as well. "I hope I didn't take you away from anything," he said, concerned. He then turned, just now taking notice of his guild members. The party was really taking off. With a hint of the familiar nervousness in his voice. However, he quickly recovered, turning back to face Froppy. "I... Hey, you wanna come meet my guild? There's two of them, I think." He pointed to the ones he immediately recognized. "The one in the black suit is definitely Eatos." He paused, the girl's mask stumping his effort, though he knew there was only one other it could be, based on her stature. "And I'm pretty sure that that's Saphira, but I can't really tell from here.

@Froppy

Edited by Pinball

Shield stood in front of the mirror in his bathroom frowning about as hard as he could remember frowning. That is, with the possible exception of the previous year's Valentine's Day dance. Dances were not his thing. Still, it had been a worthwhile trip before. It was how he had first connected with his guild, in which he now held a respectable position as an accomplished front-line tank. It was also how he and Beat had found their way in their first boss fight, which they both had done exceptionally well in.

Neither of these thoughts were a comfort to him.

He continued staring at himself in the mirror, glaring at the smart suit he had settled on. It was sleek and black with thick white cuffs at either wrist and a tie with a shield shaped slide rather than a traditional knot. The legs of his suit were narrow, but not so much as to be form fitting. Making an attempt to look casual in the mirror, he put a single hand into one pocket and leaned on one leg more than the other, but he immediately felt as if he was trying to hard and removed the hand.

The event itself was not nearly as much of an issue as it had been the year before. After all, there had been a great deal more water flowing under the bridge of his past marriage. There were still only a handful of players whom he had told about that marriage, let alone what had ended it. No, the real reason for his discomfort was that unlike last year, he was not technically going stag. He was married now. Sort of.

"Beat!" he called out into the adjoining room. "We're already running late! Are you ready or not?"

Normally, he was impassive and played his cards very close to his chest. He was failing to do so now. Every angle of his body was rigid and uncomfortable in his otherwise charming suit, and his hands were balled at his sides as he resisted the urge to start pacing or tapping his foot.

It's fine. It'll be fine. We just have to play couple for one night, and hopefully we'll have a shot at the prizes.

Memories of the wedding flooded back to him. He let out a groan, slapping both palms to his forehead as he hid his face, shaking his head slowly from side to side. That ceremony had been a complete disaster from start to finish. It took him a moment to realize that he was grinding his teeth, but seeing as these weren't his real teeth, they weren't in any danger of being damaged. He continued grinding them just to have something to do as he waited.

@Beat

Edited by Shield

The two were in an embrace for a minute or two, and when they let go, Vigilon suggested that the two reveal their real names to each other, then he spoke his real name. "Alex...it has a nice ring to it. My name is Jewel Verity." Vigilon then asked if she would be interested in entering the couples' contest. To be honest, she would have asked anyway if all went well. The two were practically in a relationship now, so what would possibly stop them? "Of course! I was actually going to ask about that myself!" She looked around, and soon spotted an NPC. The two walked over, and Krysta asked, "Hello, we'd like to enter the couples' contest." Krysta and Vigilon were finally about to do something as a couple. This event might as well have paved the way for their newly established relationship. The NPC accepted their sign-up. "And the two of you are good to go."

[Krysta has entered the Best Couple Contest with Vigilon]

@Vigilon

Edited by Krysta

Jomei's hand rose to the nape of his neck, bashfully rubbing the skin under his hair. "Yeah, you definitely did." Despite his sheepish gesture, Jomei's voice sounded surprised, even proud of Telrenya's flirty comment. Normally he was the one flirting with and teasing her, leaving the blonde's face beet red. This time, she was able to finally get her revenge.. and he loved every second of it. It was moments in their relationship like this that just gave Jomei more and more reasons to want to marry the woman that stood in front of her. 

The man's smile simply widened when Tel complimented his attire, her shy nature quickly returning, along with her blush covered cheeks. "Hehe, I'm happy you like them." he added with a small bow of his head, "I couldn't just.. not get you something for Valentine's Day." his olive gaze averted from hers, not able to keep eye contact, "I really wanted to make today special."  Jomei's eyes continued to shift towards his shoulder when he felt a gentle pat on the back, and Hestia's smiling face looking between him and Telrenya. The man chuckled at her initial comment about not having too much fun, but his eyes widened at the latter statement, pertaining to not seeing any rings. "Eh?" There was no way that Hestia knew what he was planning, did she? No.. he had not told anyone.. it was just a simple tease. So this is how it feels when I tease Estelle..

With the other members of their guild moving to the opposite side of the room, Telrenya and Jomei were left alone together. The blonde seemed enamoured by the ballroom, and the masquerade as a whole. "It really is amazing.. theres been events for each holiday.. but never a ball like this." Jomei took a step forward to close the distance between himself and Telrenya, reaching his hand out to take hers. Pulling his arm upwards, he created a circular motion above the girl's head, causing her to do a small twirl, "Of course, that means we will have to avoid embarrassing ourselves with a slow dance later on." Once she had finished her spin and faced Jomei again, his face lit up, "Oh! That also reminds me.. Apparently theres some sort of couple contest. We should definitely enter." Jomei led the girl to the front of the ballroom, where an NPC in a very fine looking tuxedo stood. "Ah! What a lovely couple!" he started, clasping his hands together before continuing, "Will you be entering the contest." 

Jomei nodded his head, "Yes sir." he said to the NPC before turning to Telrenya, speaking in a softer voice, "That is if you want to Stel.I think we have a pretty good chance. I mean... I don't know many other couples that are adorable as us." finishing with one of his playful winks.  His gaze picked up from the blonde to a group off towards the center of the room, where a familiar brunette stood with a shaggy faced man in a red suit. "..Actually, I may have found our rivals. Come on, I want you to meet someone." he said, walking with the woman towards where Piera and Lee stood. 

@Telrenya @Piera@Lee

Benjamin had heard of the masquerade ball, and decided to go see what was going on with the event.  He had gotten a domino mask for the ball, though he had to put his glasses on over it, so he really wondered about the point of it.  After that, he had changed into a nice tuxedo to complete the look.  Problem was, the outfit made him look like something out of Sailor Moon when he saw himself in the mirror.... so he kept his usual black and blue scarf on over it to break up the look. 

Finally when he arrived, and saw everyone else dressed much fancier than he was, he almost turned back home then.  These kinds of parties with lots of people there made him uncomfortable.  But, he did see a few of his friends in there already- he waved to Froppy and Simba and Hestia, hoping they saw him through the crowd.  He even saw some of the shopkeeper he had talked to before.  Well... maybe he would go in to at least vote on the winner, which would be fun.  And see how much cake he could take with him. 

Well, at least being here by himself meant he didn't have any obligations, or at least he thought so as he walked into the main ballroom.  If anyone wanted to talk to him, he would say hi, but right now he just wanted to see how the party was going. 

Krysta said that Vigilon's real name had a nice ring to it, then she revealed her real name. "Jewel...that's a beautiful name. I'd say it matches you perfectly... Might I also add that you look amazing?" Krysta apparently had the same idea when it came to the possibility of entering the couples' contest. Krysta spotted an NPC, then the two players walked up to the NPC. Krysta explained that she and Vigilon wanted to enter the couples' contest. The NPC finished the sign up process and said they were good to go. Hopefully, they would at least come close. He looked around, noticing the other couples in the large room... They would be hard-pressed to best these couples who had probably been dating for months. He knew this wouldn't be easy, but if he and Krysta could pull it off and win...well, he didn't know exactly what would happen, but he guessed it would definitely be something good.

[Vigilon has entered the Best Couple Contest with Krysta]

@Krysta

Edited by Vigilon

Tsu patted Pin's shoulder when he seemed upset that she recognized him so fast. "Nah, you still look great, I just know how the rest of you looks, so I spotted you, rrrrribbit.Tsu said, trying to reassure Pin that he looked fine. Tsu simply shook her head when Pin said he hoped that he didn't take Tsu away from anything. "I was just waiting for you while I talked to them, ribbit.Tsu stated, not wanting Pin to worry either, knowing how he gets in public places like this.

Tsu looked over at Eatos and Saphira, noticing that both of them were looking at her and Pin. "So that's why they were staring at us, ribbit.Tsu said as she started to walk over to them. "Hi, Eatos and Saphira, nice to meet you. Call me Tsu, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu introduced herself, waving at them with a small smile on her face. Turning to Pin, she got out the valentines chocolate box he had made for her and handed it to him. "I was wondering if you would like to enter the contest with me as a couple, ribbit. I'm not saying we are a thing, but it's worth a shot right? So, will you be my valentine for today, rrrrrribbit?Tsu asked, opening her inventory and pulling out some green daisies in a bouquet.

@Pinball @Saphira @Eatos

More players arrived, couples were forming left and right.....and Dazia didn't care whatsoever. "So far, this has only proven to be a pathetic waste of my time. I wonder how Yinangi is faring..." She looked over to where Yinangi was. The girl was looking left and right, and seemed to be wondering who she should talk to first. She wandered about, hoping to either find conversation, or possibly someone her age. Dazia watched as Yinangi spotted one couple in particular. When Dazia realized who the two players were, that made things even worse. Not that Vigilon and Princess were a couple, but... "*Minor Gasp*" Yinangi ran over to Dazia. "I knew it, I knew it! I called it! They like each other! Both of them!" She held out her hand. "Looks like you owe me some col." Dazia sighed as Yinangi's day got better while hers got worse. "First this event, now the col. This really isn't my day..."

Eatos kept her amber eyes on Pinball and the girl who was his date. She let out a sigh, somehow if anyone in the guild knew it was her. They’d probably just mock her for being such a worrier. After all, it was some small fancy event. Social suicide wouldn’t occur here, just embarrassment for Pinball. She was still getting to know her guild mates, but as co-founder. She found herself taking responsibility for them, the same way that Stryder did in combat.

Eatos, too focused on Pin, missed herself being spotted and spun her head to look at the voice. It sounded familiar, and those eyes! It took many moments before Eatos realized it was Saphira she was looking at. She hardly recognised the other girl, she looked, well, sorta regal in the dress she was wearing. Very different to the girl who was cuddling a plushy on the 4th floor that’s for certain.

“You look lovely Saphira. As for why I’m here, well. Pinball is over there and I just came to, make sure he was right. Social events aren’t his strongest suit so I figured I’d poke my head around…” It was only 50% on the truth, but the other girl didn’t need to know Eatos was secretly hoping she’d find someone who made her heart beat faster than usual. “I know it’s probably me just being silly, but I wasn’t doing anything so I figured…why not?”

In the time she’d looked away from Pin, he’d spotted her. In part, it shouldn’t have surprised her. It was the same suit she’d worn at the christmass event. Mostly because it was what she liked, and her only non-combat piece of clothing. So when Pinball and his date, Tsu, came up to them, well, she hadn’t been prepared for an encounter. She smiled warmly behind her mask.

“It’s a pleasure Tsu. I wasn’t aware Pinball managed to find himself a girl…” She wasn’t trying to push them together, but she had absolutely no idea of their relationship. Was it friends, was it more? The sweets the girl brought implied quite a bit, but her words did the opposite. “Either way it is, I’m just happy he’s finally being social outside of the guild…”

@Pinball@Saphira@Froppy

Minako crossed her hands in front of herself when she spoke with the man in front of her. He said that he was alone-ish, which raised a feeling of discontent within Minako's chest. Another woman stepped up, much prettier than herself step up beside the mystery man. She felt her heart take a small twinge of guilt, jealousy, anger, and sadness all at the same time. She played the feelings off and chuckled. "Oh, it figures." She joked. "It was either you were already taken, or gay." She joked, still fighting the urge to sniffle. "Oh! But you're like, really cute!" She said, noting the woman who had joined up with her intended target. She found herself a man already,  but he was already taken. She wanted a man she at least had a shot with. She turned quickly, trying to find another man. She turned back to the pair in front of her. "Hey, you think you two could help me? I want to at least get a dance in with a cute boy, but I keep ending up short." She said, giggling at her own height pun.

@Lee @Piera

Handing over the drink to the girl would result in yet another compliment, which Macradon wasn’t sure of how to react to other than just slightly giggle and rub the back of his head with the hand not holding the drink. Looking over where Kairi was pointing, Macradon would look around and see that specific group the mentioned “Ah, is that so. It’s good to know you’re in good hands, then, being in a guild and all is pretty good, you can get a lot of friends and acquaintances that way” he said before taking his glass to his lips for another sip. Macradon would scout around, activating his <Searching> skill as his eyes went from red irises to more of a greenish yellow hue. Macradon looked for a quick second, staring through the crowd trying to see if anyone of his friends were here, there were a few, Jomei, Itzal, Shield, and his former guild member Jevi. Macradon smiled and closed his eyes as he nodded into thin air as he deactivated his <Searching> skill. Opening up his eyes once again, his irises would have returned to their normal color. “It’s good having a plethora of able people at this gathering today” Macradon thought for himself as he took the last sip of his drink. “Oh well, let’s make a night of this” he thought and placed his drink on the bench and stood up. Quickly making a step in before bowing slightly and reaching out a hand towards Kairi and would ask “Care for a dance?”.

@Kairi

Saphira looked short down as Eatos told her, that she would look lovely, she wasnt used to get compliments. The last part she told sounded a little bit like Eatos was a stalker. But it was right, that Pin was bad at social events and something like that. Saphira herself had the same problem, she wasnt really able to speak to others she didn´t know. She looked at Eatos and wondered if this was her only reason to be here, maybe she was waiting for someone.
Saphira cringed as she heared someone calling her name, followed fram a ribbit- sound. Slowly she turned around and looked at the person who had called her. The girl with the frog mask - Tsu...this ribbit sounds...if I remember right she had opened something like a restaurant... - Saphira looked at the little girl - It looks a little bit funny, small Tsu beside big Pinball. - She looked up to Pin, his mask was the reason why she wasn´t able to recognize him first. - Uhhm...nice to meet you Tsu. It seems like you already know my name....b-but let me introduce myself too. My name is Saphira. - unsure what she should do now she looked at them - You look good, both of you. And if I may ask...uhhm...are you a couple or good friends? - Shy and with big, green eyes she looked at them.

@Eatos@Froppy@Pinball