[ SP - F01 ] Lets Go Gathering! <<The First Few Lessons are Free>>

Spangie skipped along the road of the town hoping to find the ideal shop she was looking for. Where is i- Oh I see it! She thought excitedly as she sprinted to the small workshop. Aw, isn't this a cute wittle workshop? She said in her mind as she pushed the door open. There stood an old man with long snowy hair, a beard matching it. Spangie looked around, he eyes locking onto several potions and potion making thingies along the way. The old man gave a grunt of approval at her happiness and spoke up. "Hey there young'un. The names Zackariah, how can I help you today?" he said gruffly. 

At that moment, the blonde player clapped her hands together. "Ah, yes! I'm here because I've heard of this quest that you help players with?" she said, searching through her mind for the name of the quest. "I think its called 'The Many Dew Leaves are Trees?" she asked, immediately deadpanning at her stupidness. "N-no! Not that, Argh! I can remember!" she hissed with frustration, hitting her forehead with the palm of her hand. Why can't I remember? I'm such a clutz!

"Ah, no need to worry. Its called 'The First Few Lessons are Free'." Zackariah said with a hardy chuckle. "Sure, I'll give it to you. But will you accept it?"

The player nodded her head vigorously. "I'm willing to do whatever you give me!" She said loudly, confidence radiating form her. I'm going to finish this quest! She said in her head. Just then a small thought appeared in here mind, giving her a usual trip to day dream land. What if I have to fight something?! I mean it is called 'The First Few Lessons are Free'! Its a sword gam for crying out loud! I'm gonna have to fight stuff or monsters eventually! She thought, staring at the old wooden floors of the workshop. Suddenly her head snapped up to look into his dull gray gaze, her eyes going wide. "I wont have to fight anything right?!" She almost shrieked at the NPC.

Zackariah gave a low chuckle that seemed to shake the floor. "Haha.. you don't like violence do you? But don't worry, you won't fight anything," Spangie gave a sigh of relief. Thank god, I won't have to kill anything. And nothing will have to kill me.. hopefully. She added to the last part of her thoughts with a gulp. "I'll just need you to gather 5 Tier 1 materials and bring them back to me," he said, motioning to the multiple tools on his counter. "Then I'll teach ya how to craft something. Got it?" Spangie nodded her head which earned a chuckle from the craftsman. "Then get to it!"

A small notification appeared in front of her.

You Have Accepted The

'The First Few Lessons are Free' Quest !

Edited by Spangie

Spangie let out an excited giggle and disbanded the pop up. "Thank you! I promise I'll get you those materials!" she said determinedly and sprinted out of the shop, heading for the forest near the town. I'm going to finish this quest! She told herself as she weaved through players and NPC's. Her body automatically moving now, she thought. Just five? That doesn't seem too hard. I'll be done with this quest in no time! She gave a happy sigh and went back to running. Now nearing the towns exit/entrance she slowed down, skidding into a halt as she gazed warily into the deep unknown. 

"You can do this, you can do this, you can do this," she repeated to herself as she shut her eyes tightly. She hesitantly lifted a foot outwards, then another. And just like that, she was out of the town. "I did it? I did it!" she screamed happily into the air before sprinting once again to the forest. It feels good.. not to be stuck in that town anymore. To be wide out in the open. She gave a happy smile and continued running. The wind was blowing against her wavy locks and by the time she reached the forest, she was well out of breath. "Whooo! That felt good!" she said to herself as she cautiously entered the forest. Now to find those materials..

The only thing that she was hearing was her heavy footsteps and her heavy breathing. There's gotta be some materials here. She sighed. Finding a lush bush she walked slowly to it, hoping not to disturb anything around her. The bush was in fact stripped empty of any berries and it was likely someone was here before her. "Aw c'mon. I guess this is one of the only places you can gather," she muttered to herself and went back to gathering.

At this point, she wasn't just walking in random directions and didn't know where she was. Which way did I come from again? That way or that way.. Eh, I'll figure it out later. She shrugged to herself and kept on walking. The forest was indeed dark, and the only light source was the sunlight shining through the leaves. Making the forest seem eerie and quiet. Be brave, be brave, be brave. Spangie told herself. Be br- A loud crack of a stick interrupted her thoughts. "Eek!" she shrieked, running in a different direction.

Spoiler

ID : 96362

Roll : 5, Fail

Spangie gave a huff as she slowed down, bending down to catch her breath. It wasn't probability nothing right? She told herself, standing up straighter. She sighed and started walking again, trying to find more materials for her quest. Her feet stumbled upon a small fruit tree, by the looks of it, it was picked clean only a few hours ago. Seriously? Even this deep in the forest, people are still getting materials. She thought, gaming a groan of bitterness and hiked onward.

"At least let me find something.." she muttered, only to receive silence. I thought this quest was going to be easy.. she cried in her head. It does beat attacking creatures or monsters or whatever the heck lives in this game. She told herself, feeling slightly better. She stopped, pausing in,y to inhale a small bit of air. You can do this, no worries. She said, then exhaling. Clapping her hands togetherness and giving a bright smile. "Let's do this!"

Spoiler

ID : 96448

Roll : 6, Fail

Edited by Spangie

Spangie happily skipped along the forest path, a small but bright smile plastered on her face. Maybe I can finally find something? She said to herself as she hopped along. Or maybe I ca- Oof! In the middle of her thoughts, she clumsily tripped over a small root. "Ow!" was her immediate response. I need to change that soon. She sighed to herself and looked up from the ground. There stood a small plant, maybe a few inches but what really surprised her is the small berry perched on top of it. Her legs scooted closer to the plant, her eyes closely examining it. "I found one.." she whispered to herself. "I found one!" she plucked the berry right off the plant and held it high. "One down and four to go!" 

After her pass of excitement, she placed the berry in her inventory and rose up from her position. Four to go, c'mon! You can do this. She said positively, giving herself a few wake up slaps. I can do this! 

Spoiler

ID : 96489

Roll : 18, Success!

Spangie slowly edged over to a small puddle. The reeds around it were plucked clean, leaving only the bottom part of the stems. I guess people were here too.. she sighed to herself. "Why is it so hard to find materials.." she gave a depressed grumble and went on searching. By now she was well out of ideas on where to search. Maybe I should try looking under rocks? No, that'd be just dumb. She shook her head. Maybe in the trees? Can you even climb in this game? She gave another shake of her head.

"Why can't I find anything?" she said out loud. Why is my luck so crappy? She added in her head. I told Zackiriah I would finish this quest. Her thoughts went back to the old NPCI don't want to disappoint him..

Spoiler

ID : 96540

Roll : 2, Fail

Spangie let out a happy screech as she found a small tree a little taller than her. It was earing a red yellow fruit. Yes! I finally found one! She said happily as she got on her toes to reach up and pick the fruit. Just then a small rustling echoed from a nearby bush made her freeze. W-what's that.. her lips quivered into a small cry. A small shadow appeared making Spangie fell onto her back. "Eek!"  she shrieked as her spine impacted solid ground. She stared with wide eyes at the sky. What just happened..?

She slowly brought herself up, a few of her limbs shaking. Is it gone..? Her eyes still wide, she looked left and right. Oh thank goodness it's gone.. she sighed with relief and looked up. "W-wait what?! Seriously?!" she screamed at the tree, its branches now empty of the fruit that was there a few minutes ago. The creature must've taken it when I was on the ground.. And I was so close too. She sighed depressingly.

Spoiler

ID : 96574

Roll : 10, Fail

Edited by Spangie

Day one point something million.. Spangie grumbled to hersel as she trudged on the crunchy leaves. "The almighty Spangie has been searching for decades, only finding nothing everyday," she muttered to herself, intentionally trying to sound like a narrator from a documentary. With my luck, I might as well give up the quest.. she gave a dejected sigh. Her gaze was constantly down, but her mind was always somewhere in the clouds. Her mind snapped back to reality when her face impacted with a stone wall. "Ow," she sad blankly, rubbing her forehead. It was when she looked up, she saw it.

Dozens, dozens of tiny white flowers growing on a few vine like plants. They were hanging down from a small but steep rocky cliff. I found  something.. I found something! She cried happily in her head as she gazed up at the snow white flowers. They were at least two meters off the ground and it took multiple tries for Spangie to gain the lowest one. But when she finally had it, her smile was glowing as bright as the sun. Yesssss!

Spoiler

ID : 96584

Roll : 19, Success!

"I found one!" she cried happily, holding the flower close to her chest. She let out a sigh if relief and placed it in her inventory. Two down, three to go! she thought happily as she ventured farther into the forest. Her skips made multiple leaves crunch and echo but she didn't mind, her thoughts elsewhere. It was up until she saw a brightly colored something on the floor that caught her attention. She shook her head and looked down, there stood a large plant, small berries clung to the stalk of it. Oo.. Can I use this? Spangie thought as she crouched down. The berries on the plant were almost grape like but were a orange color. "Pretty.." she breathed as she tangled her fingers in the plant.

She shook her head. There is a task on hand. She told herself as she plucked a small stalk off that held a few berries. "I found another one! Yay!" she said happily as she placed it in her inventory. "Three down, two to go!"

Spoiler

ID : 96634

Roll : 17, Success!

Edited by Spangie

Spangie happily hopped around from tree to tree, hoping to find a few more materials, just two, c'mon. She said in her head. "Two more and I'll be done," she said, a smile creeping up on her lips. Zackiriah will be so happy! she thought excitedly as she bounded through a few trees. She stumbled upon a tree who had a huge gaping hole in the center. Woah, that's huge.. she thought as she peered in the whole. Maybe there's some materials in there? But there might be a deadly snake or something.. she gulped at her last thought. Worth  a shot.. she shrugged and cautiously put her hand in the hole.

She felt something smooth and round, and when she pulled it out, it was a small apple like fruit but it was more blue than red. Useful. she said to herself and placed it in her inventory. Then her eyes went wide. "I only have one more to go, whooooooo!" she raised her hands high in the air in excitement.

Spoiler

ID : 96658

Roll : 20, Success!

Spangie brung her excitement to a close but smiled gleefully. I'm so close! She started shaking from happiness. "Well I better get going if I want this done then!" she said to no one and continued to walk, hoping to get to the edge of the forest. I hope I can find something along the way! She glowed. She ended up skipping quickly, plants and trees blurring past her. Her feet caught on something and gave way under her. "H-huh?! Wahhhh!" she wailed as she flew through the air. 

What kind of deja vu is this? She thought as she pushed herself up with her elbows. She glanced behind her to find that her feet her tangle down in a mess of vines. "Ugh, what the?" she muttered under her breath as she clumsily untangle the vines. As the vines quickly left her feet, she gave a sigh of relief. "Oh thank god.. I thought I was stu-" she stopped talking as she held a vine in her hand. This eis material, I've found material! She said in her head excitedly. "I've found it!" she hollowed and stored the vine in her inventory. This means.. she didnt finish her sentence and broke off into a run.

Spoiler

ID : 96721

Roll : 19, Success!

Edited by Spangie

Only a few minutes later, she was already at the town entrance. That was fast.. she said happily to herself and strolled down the towns roads. "I can finally finish this quest, haha yes!" she said to herself loudly, earning a couple odd looks from passing players. Who cares? She shrugged it off. Seeing Zackiriah's shop within eye distance, she started skipping slightly faster. A few seconds later, she had arrived at the entrance of the craftsmans shop. I'm here.. she thought as she entered the shop with tingling hands.

"Hello? Zackiariah? I'm done with my quest!" she shouted loudly, but warmly. She stepped in the main entrance and looked around. Zackiriah was mixing some kind of potion. He looks sort a busy, should I ask him later? She quirked her head.

The alchemist looked up from his potion making set. "Ah, finished already? Well come here then. We got lots of work to do."

Edited by Spangie

Spangie smiled gleefully and bounded over to Zackiriah, careful not to bump into anything. "That was quick," he said gruffly. But he gestured his hand and patted the table. "Why don't you pull those materials out and we'll have a look," he said warmly, a small smile plastered on his face. How do NPC's work? Do they have certain set ups for different situations? Like if someone was trying to rob them, would there be program for them to react? Spangie bit her lip in concentration, but then shook her rad and gave the same warm smile that Zackiriah gave.

"Sure!" she said brightly and opened her inventory, taking out each material separately. "It is enough right? Oh please don't  tell me I read the quest wrong and got the wrong amount of materials," she said, her voice deep with question and concern. I'd have to day the same thing again if I read it wrong!

"No, you're perfectly fine," Zackiriah chuckled and stretched his arms. "Are you ready to start?"

Spangie nodded enthusiastically and grinned from ear to ear. "Yup! But what are we making? You haven't told me yet," she said sheepishly. Oops.. it probabaly says it all in my quest, I should've checked. She groaned and gave herself a mental face palm. "A-ah, I forgot to check my quest, sorry.." she stammered, muttering near the end of her sentence.

Zackiriah gave a hardy chuckle. "Haha.. it's okay, I've seen it plenty of times. We're making a healing potion though," he said, pointing to the tools on a workbench. "And you're going to help me," he said in a deep and smooth voice. E-eh? I don't know anything about potions though!

"B-but I don't know anything about potions!" she exclaimed. 

"It's okay, I'll guide you through it, now bring out those items," he said in amusement. Do NPC's ever get mad at something? The ones I've met are always cheerful and kind.. are there some that are programmed to be mean and cruel? She sighed. I'll probabaly never know.

Spangie opened her inventory and took out her item she one by one, each falling softly to the wood workbench. Zackiriah eyes them but nodded approvingly. "These look great, you did a fine job.." he sounded like he was missing something. Oh my goodness, I totally forgot! I'm such a clutz!

Her eyes went wide and she gave an apologetic bow. "A-ah! I'm really sorry! My name is Spangie. I should of told you before I even started the quest.." she trailed off, feeling embarrassed at her actions. Such an idiot! She banged her palm against her forehead. I was so excited to start the quest that I actually forgot to introduce myself. She told herself sheepishly.

The craftsman nodded and continued. "Right.. Spangie. You just need to put those materials in that pot, which will quickly start brewing by itself, got it?" Spangie gave a determined nod which made the old NPC chuckle. "Get to it then."

Spangie carefully picked up each one and dropped it one by one into the pot. The mixture started turning a milky blue and to a green that was similar to the leaves of the forest she was in earlier. "Wah.. that's so cool!" she exclaimed as her hands touched the rim of the pot. The colors are so pretty.. she breathed, her blue ocean eyes fixed on the pot, which was now a bright pink, those of what is like a flamingos feathers.

Zackiriah chuckled, making his chest heave up and down a few times. "Ah yes.. it is fun to watch sometimes," he commented on her enthusiasm. "Get ready, its almost done," he gave her a thumbs up and remained quiet after that.

Spangie stood there, gazing in awe at the concaution for a few more minutes before the pink turned into a smooth red color. "It's finished now," Zackiriah huffed, grabbing a small glass bottle and a funnel. "This is the part where you have to help me, okay?" Spangie nodded her head firmly. Zackiriah heaved and handed her the funnel. "Hold this."

Spangie reluctantly grabbed the funnel and asked. "What do I do with it?" What can I do with it? she said in her mind, her brows furrowing. Maybe he needs to do something with it. Is it something important? She bit her lip, asking herself only questions only an idiot would ask.

"Put it over this glass bottle, I'm going to pour the potion into that and it'll go into the bottle, easy enough," The old craftsman said, grasping the rim of his pot. "You ready?" He asked, lifting the small pot up. Spangie gave a gulp and squeaked out a small 'yes'. "Good," was the last thing he said before poured all the remains of the pot into the funnel which filled the glass bottle quickly. After a few seconds of pouring, the bottle was completely filled. 

"That's so cool!" Spangie said excitedly as the NPC put the pot down. She held up the potion high in the air. "Does this mean I'm done with my quest?" her body was shaking from happiness as she set the potion down on the workbench.

Zackiriah shook his head. "Not just yet, I need you to do something for me first."

Spoiler

ID : 96760

Roll : 5, Success!

Edited by Spangie

Spangie tilted her head. "What is it?" Oh no. Please don't tell me I have to gather even more materials! Her eyes widene at the thought of having to go through that torture again. "Do I have to gather materials again?!" she gasped, covering her mouth with her hands.

"No," Zackiriah laughed. "I'm not that cruel, but I just need you to deliver a package for me," he crossed his arms and nodding his head to a small package on the counter. "I need you to give it to a guy named named Lyle Tealeaf, hes a blacksmith and he dont live too far away from here so it'll be a few minutes walk. You'll know right away it's his shop when you get there, that sound good to you?" He said, raising and eyebrow.

Spangie nodded and gave a fake salute. "Yup, I'll get right on it!" she said, grabbing the package with one hand. She was about to leave when she turned back to the old NPC"Thanks for your help Zackiriah!" she hollared gleefully. Zackiriah gave a smile and waved goodbye, signaling for Spangie to go already. And she did.

Edited by Spangie

Spangie walked slowly to the blacksmith shop, admiring the scenery in front of her. People getting along happily on a blue sky day with a shining sun radiating above them. Today's weather feels so great.. she said happily as she inhaled and exhaled large intakes of air. I wish everyday could be like this at home. It just rains there. She sighed. Home.. I miss it, her voice was sad and depressed.

"No matter! I'm not at home, am I?" she said to herself, earning suspicious glares from the people around her. Her hands clutched the box as if it were her own life. "But I'm here in Aincrad, and I'm alive," she said, a warm glow emitting from her.

She hummed a familiar song she would hear a lot in the real world but her legs kept her going. She stumble down upon a small shop labeled ' Tealeaf's Armory '. He wasn't kidding when he said I would know right away. She thought to herself as she stepped into the shop.