[PP-F10] Silence is Deafening <<Wail of the Banshee>>

It appeared Stryder was getting more and more frustrated by the fact they couldn't find Tartarus, Hydra himself was beggining to gain a sense of hopelessness. They had been walking for quite some time and no path had revealed before them. The spearman drew out a sigh in sync with Stryders growls, though once he was over the conversation continued on the frontlines. "I suppose that is true." Hydra responded bowing his head a little, he took note of the slightly nervous tension in the air although did not mention anything. To be honest, i'd be terrified, in fact just thinking of what creature lurks up there is worrying. Hydra mulled to himself. The true saying was one could only be brave when they were afraid. How true that statement was he supposed was subjective to the individual.

As Hydra raised his head he caught sight of a shadowed gate not far from there position. "Finally she shows herself." Hydra mumbled, raising a hand and pointing towards the gate. "Looks like hope was on our side after all." He let out a slightly, sarcastic and drained laugh but with this they'd be able to continue the quest. 

ID 101044:

Loot: 20 (finally - success) 

@Stryder

Edited by Hydra
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.Sky was eager, and brash. He rushed headfirst into the gate. He wanted to take out some of this pent up anger out on this dam banshee, though the moment he entered the gate he was met by four undead guardians. Two of them quickly slapped Sky, dealing massive damage, causing red lines to appear all over his body. In a quick response, his foot started shining yellow as it went through all four of them, cleaving them in half and killing them all. He looked at his health, a fair chunk missing from that attack. Before he could do anything else, Silver ran up, jumping on him and pushing him out of the way as the banshee let out an echoing scream again, but this was different. The sound came out as compressed waves, that smashed into Hydra and went right through his armor, paralyzing both of them.

OH CRAP I DID THIS, OH CRAP I WAS AN IDIOT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT!

Spoiler

ID# 101086 results:

Battle: 5+3 = Hit

ID# 101087 results:

Battle: 4+3 = Hit

ID# 101088 results:

Battle: 9

ID# 101089 results:

Battle: 3+3 = Hit

Tornado Kick - 15x6=90 (in crits case, 96)

-15 Mit aganst all - 75 DMG to 1,2,4. 81 DMG to 3.

Zombies rolls - Stryder

ID# 101090 results:

MOB: 10 - Crit. +10 dmg - 130-59= 71

ID# 101091 results:

MOB: 2 - MIss

ID# 101092 results:

MOB: 4 - MIss

ID# 101093 results:

MOB: 9 +5 DMG = 125-59=66 DMG

Total dmg = 71+66 =137

Banshee - Hydra

ID# 101094 results:

MOB: 10 - Crit - Ignores MIT - Paralyzes all

Spoiler

Stryder - 483 HP - 50 EN - 3 ACC - 3 EVA - 59 MIT - Paralyzed (1/1)

Hydra - ??? - Paralyzed (1/1)

<Undead Guardian Zombies> 
Health:  HP
Damage per Attack: 120

+15 Damage Mitigation

+15 Damage Mitigation

+15 Damage Mitigation

+15 Damage Mitigation

<Banshee> 
Health: 250 HP
+2 Evasion

Damage per Attack: 200
Banshee ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 9-10
-Banshee's Screech: On a natural roll of 10 she will add a scream to her attack that will paralyze all players present for 1 turn.

It seemed Stryder was a little too eager and Hydra did not have time to warn him that they'd be attacked on entry. As his friend rushed through the gate a hoard of the undead guardians swarmed him, he responded quickly with an AoE sword art though not before two of them landed blows. In the mean time the Banshee had flown forth only a few yards away from him and let out it's deafening screech within a few yards of Hydra. No armor couldn't mitigate the damage of sound. Not only that but it was such a loud noise Hydra felt his whole body freeze up. The scream had paralyzed him meaning he could not respond with an attack, he would have to wait the turn and pray that the banshee didn't let out another scream, instead attacking him with it's... ghost hands? At the very least the damage had proc'd his regeneration enhancement, a soft green light covered Hydra's person healing a small amount of the damage he had taken. His health bar was still in the green and it appeared Stryder's was also, though he had a little less. All the spearman could do now was wait for the paralysis to fade so he would be able to attack the banshee again. 

@Stryder

Stats:

Spoiler

[H:0] Stryder - 483/620 HP - 50 EN - 3 ACC - 3 EVA - 59 MIT - Paralyzed (1/1)

[H:0] Hydra - 640/830 - 80 EN - 89 MIT - 10 RGN (1/3) - 14 DMG - 4 HM - Paralyzed (0/1 turns remaining) 

Banshee - 250/250 - 2 EVA - 200 DMG

it seemed that Hydra had been unprepared as well, both of them unable to do anything as there bodies were on the ground, both paralyzed and unable to actually fight. Sky watched hopelessly, pushing himself, trying to break out of this paralysis, watching as the Banshee moved up towrds Hydra, and put its hands on his face, looking at him with lust. The Banshee's hands froze hydra's face, slowly starting to drain the health from him. Sky knew that they couldn't do anything just yet, but soon. He could feel his body starting to move, slowly becoming able to actually fight again.

Soon, soon... I'l kill this... I'l save him... i'l save everyone...

His mind races, thinking of all that is to come. He knows if he is having trouble fighting a dam banshee, he would not be able to actually fight the floor boss... He wasn't strong enough yet, he might never be strong enough... He needed to get stronger, he needed to fight this!

@Hydra

Spoiler

ID# 101095 results:

MOB: 9 - Crit... Sorry hydra

[H:0] Stryder - 483/620 HP - 50 EN - 3 ACC - 3 EVA - 59 MIT - Paralyzed (1/1)

[H:0] Hydra - 440/830 - 80 EN - 89 MIT - 10 RGN (1/3) - 14 DMG - 4 HM - Paralyzed (0/1 turns remaining) 

What a lovely feeling. Hydra was not sure why that was the thought that came to his mind now of all times, when facing death he couldn't help but make a sarcastic remark. He watched with despair as his lifepoints depleted too nearly half though thankfully the paralysis wore off just in time and he was able to lash out with a <dragonfly cutter>. The fatigue had reached him however, and the banshee swiftly evaded his water serpent's fang. "This isn't good." Now both of them were at an unstable amount of hitpoints, between them they might be able to take a few more attacks from this thing though if neither of them could land a hit then they were in trouble. Hydra looked over at Stryder who now appeared to gain a sense of momentum back, "Try and stun it if you can." The spearman took in a deep breath and turned once more to the banshee. "Please by the gods do not scream again." He muttered under his breath wiping a little sweat from his forehead. 

ID 101096:

Battle: 5-2 (miss)

@Stryder

<Charge Miss>
<Heavy Momentum Procs +4 Damage>
<RGN procs>

Spoiler

[H:0] Hydra - 450/830 - 80 EN - 89 MIT - 10 RGN (1/3) - 14 DMG - 4 HM 

Edited by Hydra

Sky quickly nods in reaction to Hydra's request, dashing in and activating a sword art. As he moved, the bashee tried to screech at him, aiming her lungs and drawing in air, though before she could let it out, his fist flew into her stomach, then his leg went into hers, smashing her and knocking her around in circles, stunning her in a satisfyingly hilarious manner, as the floating banshee simply spins on the spot. He laughs a little, jumping back.

"All yours Hydra, kill this stupid ghost for us so we can get out of this creepy place!" He yelled. He was glad he was back on his feet, he didn't feel so helpless anymore. A feeling he had promised Atzo he would not let himself feel.... and he was not a promise breaker. He readied his guard, prepared for Hydra to miss, and in that case, end it himself with one last powerful hit.

Spoiler
101098 6 12 7 4 Stryder Msg_hover2.png Banshee 2018-05-15 07:01:00
101097 6 11 10 9 Stryder Msg_hover2.png Full Cowl against banshee

Full Cowl - 135 DMG and stunned to banshee

[H:0] Hydra - 450/830 - 80 EN - 89 MIT - 10 RGN (1/3) - 14 DMG - 4 HM 

Banshee - 115/250 - 2 EVA - 200 DMG

Hydra was surprised by the increase in skill Stryder had gone through since last time, truth be told he was disappointment in himself for under performing so far. All he had done was taken some damage and had otherwise missed. "Now is not the time to be dwelling on this." Hydra suddenly realized shaking his head, Stryder had created an opportunity for him to land a hit. Throwing back his left-arm Hydra activated the <Merciless Flurry> sword art and rushed forward trying to jump in the air and send his spear flying into the creature. The weapon hit but seemed to sail straight through her ghost like body. Hydra swore, that was his one opportunity to finish this thing off and he had wasted it. How am I suppose to hit this thing if all my attacks phase through. He growled slightly, "Sorry Stryder, it's up to you to land another hit before she regains her senses." 

ID 101099:

Battle: 2-2 (miss)

<Heavy Momentum Procs +4 damage>

@Stryder

Spoiler

[H:0] Hydra - 460/830 - 78/80 EN - 89 MIT - 10 RGN (2/3) - 14 DMG - 4 HM 

Edited by Hydra

Sky was quick to act, Hydra missed! His weapon went through the banshee, the creature managing to dematerilize her body RIGHT before his blade hit her solid body. He had to act fast! But... This action he took did the same. His fist glew blue, and flew right through the dam thing, in which he got up, growling, and stared at the dam thing. He was getting seriously PISSED off. He kept missing, he kept getting stunned, he couldn't do ANYTHING. This dam beast was being a pin in the ass, it was just refusing to die! He couldn't wait until they managed to kill this thing, then he could simply leave, and NEVER come back down here to fight this hideous beast, or deal with this annoying crap again. Soon, he would be on the frontlines, fighting monsters a lot harder than this, and he couldn't actually afford to give up then, and he couldn't now!

Spoiler

ID# 101100 results:

Battle: 3+3-2=4=Miss

[H:0] Stryder - 483/620 HP - 49 EN - 3 ACC - 3 EVA - 59 MIT - Paralyzed (1/1)

[H:0] Hydra - 460/830 - 78/80 EN - 89 MIT - 10 RGN (2/3) - 14 DMG - 4 HM 

It appeared Stryder's follow up attack was also ineffective and the Banshee was now over it's stunned condition. "Not yet..." Hydra let out another growl and threw back his spear arm. He didn't care if it phased through one or two attacks, he couldn't stop now this time he would use merciless flurry until he ran out of breath and it couldn't dodge anymore. The sword art had that name for a reason, and it was his role to do that name justice. The blue energy surrounded Hydra's left arm. The banshee was distracted by Stryder who had previously landed a perfect punch on it. "Let your soul rest." Hydra cried out darting behind it's back, a bright flash of energy lighting up the dark prison that was Tartarus, and with what stamina he had he once again triggered merciless flurry. Hydra didn't count how many times he impaled his spear at the decrepit ghost woman but finally after the fatigue hit him and he stumbled backwards, the banshee let out one final wail of pain. It's life total now at 0, together they had done it and she exploded into the millions of crystal shards as many had before. Hydra drew out a long breath before finally looking towards Stryder and giving a slight smile, "Sorry it took me so long to help." 

ID 101101:

Battle: 7-2+1 (hit)

<Concentration activated +1 to hit>

SA: Merciless Flurry (12x1) = 14 Base + 4 Heavy Momentum = 18x12 = 216 Damage

@Stryder

Spoiler

[H:1] Stryder - 483/620 HP - 49 EN - 3 ACC - 3 EVA - 59 MIT - Paralyzed (1/1)

[H:1] Hydra - 470/830 - 66/80 EN - 89 MIT - 10 RGN (3/3) - 14 DMG - 4 HM 

Banshee - 0/250 - 2 EVA - 200 DMG [DEAD]

Edited by Hydra

Sky was getting extremely worried. He had failed to get the hit, the hit which would end this and save them from whatever else this creature could do! He had gotten one solid hit in, it had stunned the banshee and given them both a small timeframe to actually kill this thing. But, he had failed, he had missed. He knew that this thing could quite possibly kill them both! He was, internally, panicking severely. However, it was uncalled for. Within the next seconds, Hydra dashed forwards, thrusting his spear into the Banshee, which made the stupid mistakes of hardening itself right as he did so, thinking she was ready to attack. The attack decimated the banshee, the fight over, and the message 'Quest Cleared' appearing overhead. He was SO thankful that was over, finding it and fighting this thing was stressful.

"Its all good Hydra, i'm just glad we survived and beat the quest!"

Hydra scratched his cheek awkwardly and let out a nervous laugh. For some reason the last time he had taken this quest it had been much easier. Perhaps he had weakened since then in power, but that really didn't make any sense. His health pool was slowly recharging in the meantime, it had come dangerously close to 50% though he supposed in hindsight they could have fled if things looked like there were going too poorly. "Yeah you did well, sorry I wasn't of much help. She seemed to take a liking to me." He let out another awkward laugh, in his life before all this any attention from others was incredibly rare. Still, to finally receive some from an undead ghost woman was a little too much. Hydra glanced at Tartarus, last time he had entered the area with Sey, it had been like a prison. For some reason they faced off against her this time just through the gates though any time saved was most welcomed. "I guess we gotta find a route out of here now." Hydra mumbled unsure of whether they should just try the gate again or look around for some other exit. @Stryder

"You were heaps of help Hydra, don't put yourself down man. Without you i wouldn't have survived that, and even then i would have gone CRAZY trying to do this on my own. I just can't handle that, soloing is... A hard thing for me to manage. And yeah, it seems you have a ghostly admirer" He says back to hydra, before looking around. He couldn't wait to get out of this hell. This was definitely NOT a floor he planned on visiting often. This place just wasn't his style. He hated it, and that would NEVER change.

"Yes. Plesae. Lets get the hell out of here, and never return.... LIke, EVER.... Just, never come back here" He replies, his voice full of hate and malace towards this dam place. He really couldn't stand it, and in his speech it came out apparent, unmasked and plain. Pure, and utter hatred.

• 1 month later...

"Give it time and i'm sure you'll find yourself capable of achieving what might now seem impossible. You appear to have the drive and yeah, I second that, this floor is a little too... eerie for my liking and not being able to see the sky at all makes it that much more claustrophobic." Hydra mumbled on a bit longer, his own tone wasn't as aggressive or hateful though a little more sarcastic.  Then glancing left and right he glanced around and started to randomly walk down a path. With enough time they would eventually find the settlement of this floor and would be able to leave.  "So anyway, other than attending the frontline do you have any other plans for what to do next, the guild as well of course? If possible i'd like to list in properly. Meeting new players, as tiring as it is, is beneficial to stop myself from going insane."

• 2 weeks later...

"Maybe oneday i can do things i only dream of, but i doubt that will be the case for a very long time. I may seem to have the drive, but i only have that from drawing it from others. I need others to support me to have any real power. Without Eatos, i doubt i would be where i am today, she might be... rough, but she is definitely good at giving me a reason to get through this game, and no, do not ask, i do not like her" He quickly added after his small rant. Then the question popped up, what he planned to do with the guild now.

"Haha, i mean, right now i'm planning to run a guild event to give us some popularity, and i still need to gather the guild to get through the dragon hunter quests. Other than that.... Not really. Though maybe i should host a party as a introduction for ya" He says, giving him a light jab as a bit of a joke, but also attempting to pose it as a question. It was actually a good idea, they had grown into quite the guild. Maybe they could throw a party for themselves.

• 4 months later...

Hydra nodded, players had special relationships with one another and he was in no position to invade others privacy. Whether Stryder liked Eatos or not was his own business, though the spearman took his word for it."Dragon Hunting..." He wasn't sure he liked the sound of that too much, well, he had never liked hunting but he supposed in the end everything that happened in this world was virtual.

"A party?" Hydra had been to a few parties since his journey had begun in SAO, the most memorable being the hot springs event hosted by the members of the Knights of the Blood Oath. To be honest though he had always found himself to be that 'one' player who would sit in a corner and shift his eyes most the time. Well, there was that one time he had dueled with Mack though that was more for training. The spearman smiled at Stryder, "Thanks for the thought, you don't need to go out of your way for me though." With time he was sure he would come to know the members of the guild. 

"It wouldn't be out of my way. To be honest, there is a large number of the guild who have been brought in by Eatos, Hei, Pin, that i have yet to meet. If i have a chance to introduce you and meet all of them, it will help everything out" He says to Hydra, giving the spearman a smile. He sounded like he was just shy, though Hydra knew everyone... Well, everyone important. If the situation had been different, and Hydra had been alongside him the whole time, there was a good chance he might have been made one of the leaders of his guild.... If only. But, this was the hand that had been dealt to him. And, he wasn't to worried about ho this whole event would unfold. This chapter was not about to come to a close.

"Seriously though, Bud, never again, am i hunting a bloody banshee. That took forever just to find the dam fallen thing"

Hydra laughed, "I think we can both agree on that. I probably won't be able to sleep for another few months now." At the very least the pair of them could relax for a little while now, it wasn't every day he accomplished a quest but he felt a little better today, every ounce of experience amounted more to his survival. It was still unclear how long the players would be stuck in this virtual prison for, however he guessed it would be a few years at the very least and who knew what the person who put them in here had planned. 

Hydra diverted his attention back to Stryder and his surroundings, "So other than the guild do you have any other plans? What are you planning on next?" Hydra drew in a deep yawn allowing his body to slumber a little. He was grateful they could still feel the pleasure of such small things. 

Edited by Hydra
  • 5 months later...

"A few months?" He laughed back at it. It was true though, that was... More than a little amount of hell they just went through for that. It was time to relax, enjoy the pleasantness of being safe from harm. Good feeling, rare feeling. They were always fighting for there lives, and he hoped to make it out of there alive. He wanted to get others out alive... Hydra was a powerful asset in keeping that, and also... A good friend. He was glad he got a chance to undertake this journey with him, of all people. Then he was asked what he was planning next. 

"Other then the guild? Well.... Honestly, i don't know. All i'v really thought of since we got here was how glad i was to be in an environment i could be myself... Somewhere i could make real friends, like Eatos, You, Hei. When we all survive and get out of this game... I think i'l try and track you all down. Until then, really i'm just trying to save as many people, and offer them a safe haven." He answered with a smile.

• 1 month later...

"Sounds like a fair plan..." Hydra smiled. With the amount of players still present on the first floor it was good that the more potent were offering places to try and attract those players, all the help they could muster would be needed for the future floor bosses. Hydra let out a muffled yawn and turning his head steadily to gaze upon some barren rocks. Things down here could get boring quickly, despite the fact it was a game. No matter, they wouldn't be here much longer. The player lazily twirled a lock of dark hair between his thumb and his finger. "Track me down huh..." Truth is Hydra was incredibly shy in real life, he had always struggled finding friends and even more so maintaining those friendships. Even so he couldn't see the end to this game any time soon. "I look forward to it." The spearman said with a quirky nod but otherwise remaining silent.

• 2 weeks later...

He seemed to sort of like, but sort of hate the idea he had. Weird, Sky had thought that them all meeting up afterwards would have been good... Huh. Well, maybe it would, maybe something was on with him that stopped him... Who knew. He would find out eventually. 

"I'm gunna track down everyone. This place, its become a new home. I'v made a new family, and i'm here alive thanks to them. I don't want to lose this family, i want to keep it. And if i want to keep it, i gotta actively track and bring back everyone" He says back to him, smiling. He wanted to do it. He was going to do it. They were nearly out of this hellhole, and once out.... He would NEVER, EVER return down it. This place. No, it was bad. It was not a place he ever wanted to be again.