Kataware - Twilight

5uCHYv3.png

Username: Kataware
Height: 5’3” (160 cm)

About: History/personality:
Dogu Eimin considered herself blessed as she looked at the wallpaper on her phone depicting the rest of her family consisting of her brother, sister, and parents, smiling while focusing on something that wasn’t captured in the image. She smiled to herself as she put away her phone and thought to herself. Only my family could get that happy over seeing that old movie. The train station’s calming blue lights went on as the sun began to set and giv5e way to twilight. A small voice interrupted her thoughts.

“Excuse me.” Dogu turned around to see one of her classmates back from high school. “Dogu Eimin, was it?” She gave a curt nod in response. “You never were the socialite, were you?” Dogu simply stared at the man. His name had escaped her, but she remembered his face. “Let me thank you for sticking up for me back then. If it’s at all possible, can I treat you to something?” He put on a nervous smile.

“I’m sorry. I cannot.” His smile slowly melted. “I don’t mean to be mean, but it’s already twilight and I do have to attend a college class in the morning. Also, please don’t take what I do personally, especially after four years. I would’ve done the same for anyone. If someone’s willing to throw punches against someone undeserving, they should have prepared for someone to fight back.” The train rolled into the station and came to a stop. Dogu entered the train, but lingered by the doorway. She turned around to face the man and bowed. “Thank you for the offer. I hope you understand.”

As the doors closed in front of her, she walked to the nearest vacant seat and sat down. Between school, work, and her family, she barely had any time for creating new relationships. Especially ones that have a romantic implication. While on the way back home, she reminesced about her entire life wondering what had brought her to this point.

It was mostly normal aside from a couple of things. For starters, she never knew her biological parents, as she was abandoned and adopted shortly after birth. However, for all she cared, her adoptive family was her real family as they treated Dogu like she was one of their own, so Dogu never cared for finding out who her biological parents were. The only second abnormality was her behavior. Among the people in her life, she was considered as the most down-to-earth as one could get, as she never really had a major aspiration in life without thinking through it first. After some contemplation, she knew what she wanted and set her sights on it. She entered college to increase her chances to become a more effective civil service worker, to have friends worthy of calling them family, and to impact the lives of people around her.

However, tonight was going to be some much-needed alone time for Dogu. She was starting to get burnt up from all of these responsibilities, and everyone knew that tonight was her night to do whatever she wanted by herself. So she planned on setting up that NerveGear to finally play a game she has been wanting to try since she heard of its announcement that it was going to hit the shelves in select stores. It was finally time for her hard-earned money from working as a temporary civil service worker to pay off. In about an hour, she would reach her house and exchange pleasantries with her family. She would put on the NerveGear helmet, start up the game known as Sword Art Online, and finally say her final words in the real world, “Link Start.”

Virtues:
Realist: Dogu Eimin is not one to hope for the ideal situations or to lament over how much worse or better they can be. She simply takes everything as it is in front of her and understands that the facts of the current situation has already been laid-out. This allows her to adapt to many situations, no matter how unpredictable they may be.

Benevolent: Dogu has a nice head on her shoulders when it comes to helping people out. She was never the type of person to turn a blind eye towards someone who seemed as if they needed help (at least, when the situation permitted) , no matter how small their issue seemed to be. Helping people who cross paths with her has always been normal for Dogu and she’s always glad that she made a positive impact on someone’s life.

Dauntless: Dogu has heard many times in her life that she has a strong sense of bravery. However, many people mistake bravery for the resolution to carry out one’s actions. Dogu is dauntless, unwilling to let any sort of obstacle to truly stop her.

Flaws:
Reactive: As it is, Dogu’s realist nature tends to be on the analytical side as she attempts to figure out the best resolution. The only issue with this is that she rarely ever tries to change a factor herself, and gets thrown off when something does change unexpectedly. Her reactive nature extends to her very mentality of, “Life is like a game, you can either act or react. Acting means you open yourself to opportunities. Reacting means you take those.”

Restrained: Dogu Eimin is not a social butterfly, but to call it shyness is not exactly the correct word. Much like an introvert, Dogu sometimes indulges herself in her own company more than having a friend or two stay by her side constantly. However, becoming her friend and gaining her trust still proves a challenge as she believes that impacting a few people’s lives in a significant way is more important than attempting to extend her reach in exchange for those relationships. Simply searching for people to help isn’t really her style.

Blunt: If anyone were to say that Dogu knew how to handle things with tact and subtleties, they most likely never even talked to the girl. She is unbearably blunt as she doesn’t have the normal inhibitions or worries while in a social situation and speaks her mind freely. In the real world, she’d rather tell someone that they were bleeding out while attempting to reassure them than give them the lie that their injuries aren’t as bad as they truly are.

Profession: N/A

Skills (2/7 SP):
Utility Skills:

-

Combat Skills:
-

Weapon Skills:
-

Armor Skills:
- Rank 1 Heavy Armor (5 SP | + 8 MIT when wearing Heavy Armor)

Extra Skills:
-

Inventory (Set C: Tank Package to Start):
Equipment:

- Vanity Dagger

- T1 Rare Heavy Armor (Mitigation II [ ] +18 MIT )

- T1 Spiked Pauldrons (Mitigation I [ ] Heavy Momentum I [ ] Thorns I [ ] +9 MIT)

Spoiler

More elaborate, heavier, and definitely spikier shoulder guards than normal shoulder guards.

- T1 Onaji Sa (Mitigation I [ ] Thorns I [ ] +9 MIT)

Spoiler

Two steel bracers that have studs on them helping the user to help deal with the force of an attack when they raise their arms to defend themselves.

- Hammerspace Backpack

Spoiler

A normal looking backpack that actually can carry an obscene amount of items.

Adds +1 to Battle Ready inventory. In addition to this effect, all Battle ready Inventory slots can stack up to two more. This item does not take up a Battle Ready inventory slot (A player may only have one Dimensional Backpack or Hammerspace Backpack at any time).

- Truesight Lantern

Spoiler

When lit this simple brass lantern burns away shadows and deception, actually helping your blows connect.

Negates the effects of darkness, gives a party +1 ACC, and +1 LD (a party can be affected by only one True-light Lantern)

Consumables:
- 3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Miscellanous:

Roleplays/Transactions

Relationships:

Story Thus Far: