[PP-F2-NK] All In, The Rebirth ~ Team B

(OOC: If there are Players who want to communicate With people from other parties. Message me to post on the separate party if you so chose.
Attacks Will happen randomly and without much warning, be prepared to alter roleplay if the Shadow Creature decides to show up)

Spoiler

Telrenya's Location: Second Floor Landing
Jomei's Location: Second Floor Landing
Ruby's Location: Second Floor Landing
Kairi's Location: Second Floor Landing

Traps Discovered:
Main Floor Statue
Vines on Outside of House

Any Question, Yah Gay Son will let you know what you need to know.

"Those poor, poor humans. They have no idea what they have gotten themselves into... but who will be first on our meals? Maybe the boy we threw, he seems like an easy target. Also that woman, we do not need people in this house who could disrupt our plans. She needs to go. The rest can have fun with the others of this house, they wont last long.. no one does here." He creature, a long with a chorus of other voices, began to laugh and scheme on how to kill the players in the best way possible, they were long overdue for a show.

@Telrenya

"Oh Tel! I'm so happy you are alright!" Jomei hugged Telrenya tightly, holding her and not wanting to let go. The ginger let her go and started to lead her off towards the west of the mansion, not saying anything for a moment. "I think I saw a window this way, we might be able to jump to our freedom. We can be safe." Jomei seemed very interested in Telrenya's well being, but also going into this other room. Jomei led Telrenya to the unfinished area of the mansion, the walls painted slightly, and loose boards around, except for one section of the building. "Tel? Oh Tel!" A new voice called from inside the room... a voice she knew all to well.

@Jomei

"Hunny, please I want to be alone for a moment..." She muttered and clung to him, seeming as though she Is getting overwhelmed. She dragged Jomei to a hallway outside of an unfinished section and kissed him softly. "Okay, I'm sorry hunny I just couldn't be around them all." She muttered and sat on the floor, looking at Jomei. "I love you.. you know that right?" She gave a soft smile to him and looked around, almost like she didn't see the shadow slowly forming behind Jomei…

@Ruby

"Ruby! Oh Ruby!" Jevi called to her, waving at her in the hallway of the second floor. She smiled and beckoned the woman over. Jevi seemed alright, but maybe also a little flirtatious. The door to the den slowly started to open and the lights were on, an inviting area. "Ruby follow me. We really need to talk about something important." She winked and slowly walked into the Den, swaying her hips seductively as she did.

@Kairi

A hand slowly brushed Kairi's hair, smiling as she did. "I've missed you Kairi, I think I've made a mistake." Hestia frowned and took Kairi's hands. "Please, can we talk in private? I can't do this in front of everyone, I don't want them to judge." She blushed and dragged Kairi to the Dining Room near the hallway, opposite side where 'Jevi' and Ruby entered. Hestia kissed Kairi's cheek as the two of them entered.

@Telrenya@Jomei@Ruby@Kairi

"Yeah..yeah I'm fine." Jomei said, looking up to Telrenya with a small smile. Taking the woman's hand, she helped him back up to his feet, though their hold on each other did not falter, and the blonde's grip only tightened as she spoke. An impressed brow rose over his visible eye as Telrenya formulated a plan, for the group to split up. Despite their dire situation, Jomei could not help but smile wider, seeing just how far she had come from the scared girl pacing in the center of Urbus. "Good idea Tel, we have a much bigger group this time.. so we can afford to split up into smaller groups." With Hestia and Ruby, the couple managed to make their way past the strange bust and up the stairs to the second floor.

At the top of the stairs was a hallway that seemed to slit off in both directions and then go around to the opposite side. Looking over his shoulder, Jomei saw that Ruby and Hestia were no longer in sight, figuring they must have split off to the opposite side of the second floor. I didn't even hear them walking the other way.. thats weird.. he thought to himself, before turning back to his front. Before him and Tel was a door that seemed unfinished.. the wood still its natural color, rather than finished with the darker stain as the others were. Saw dust littered the floor just in front of the door, and a sign on the door reading 'Under Construction' was nailed to the center of the entrance way. "We can come back to that, lets see what else is up here." Jomei said softly, before noticing his fiance turn to him with hooded eyes. Her arms loosely wrapped around his neck, pulling him into an embrace moving him slightly down the hall so the two were not standing at the top of the stairs. "Estelle, are you oka-" the woman's face shot forward, her lips softly pressing into Jomei's, stopping him in his speech. She held her kiss for several seconds before separating, a soft pink glow to her cheeks. This doesn't seem like her... she seems overwhelmed from everything.. Jomei moved with her as she brought herself down to the ground, sitting with both knees bent and legs pointing away from her body like a W. Jomei, on the other hand, crouched in front of her, a hand on her shoulder. Concerning eyes looking into the familiar brown orbs that looked back to him loving, wanting eyes. Her sudden renouncing of her love caused a small blush to appear on his cheeks, "I-I know Stel.. and I love you too. Is everything alright?"

"Tch Tch Tch... You two really think this is the right place to be doing that lovey dovey s**t?" A familiar, taunting voice spoke out to Jomei from behind him. The Irishman froze up for a moment, before slowly turning to look over his shoulder. Standing tall over him, looking down with pale blue eyes and a wide smirk, was Death Adder. The man, who seemed much taller as Jomei crouched, leaned over to whisper in Jomei's ear, "I thought I told you not to try to be a hero.."  the voice followed by a sword slowly being pulled from its scabbard. The screech of the metal revealing itself sent chills down the man's spine. The heavy pounding of multiple sets of boots from the opposite sides of the hall took his attention off of his attacker for a moment, and looking past the man, he saw Ryo, Teion, and Jevi quickly turn the corner, all their weapons drawn. From the opposite side of the corridor, Spencer, Ruby, Hestia, and Kairi appeared as well, all ready to fight. "W..what?" Jomei managed to get out with a gasp, before shooting to his feet and going to pull out his own sword. "Ah ah ah.." Death Adder said, placing a palm on Jomei's chest, "I'll deal with you next." Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, the ginger found his wrists and ankles bound by cold, chained cuffs, in a matter that reminded him far too much of his time trapped by the player slavers. "So.. you all want to play hero now huh?" the man taunted, pulling out two blades from his back that were as black as the night. 

The group's agreement with her plan kept Telrenya's confidence afloat, and she smiled lightly before the group would head up the stairs together. She gave Jomei's hand a squeeze, thankful for his support. She was able to remind herself that she was stronger than the last time they had gotten stuck in this kind of trap-infested mansion, in every sense of the word. She swallowed, nodding. "Right, let's go."

At the top of the stairs, Jomei's embrace was sudden and unexpected, causing a light pink to dust the blonde's cheeks. "N-Nick..." She mumbled his name before he released her, as if trying to weakly convey her confusion. His hand wrapped around hers and he pulled her forward down the long hallway, the dynamic between them shifting slightly and it caused her brows to furrow slightly. "Don't forget we have to make sure Spencer is okay--" Her sentence ended abruptly as she looked around her. The carpet-lined hall with ornate light fixtures gave way to a large, half-finished space. Loose boards rested in stacks against the walls, and tools could be seen left laying about. It looked as though they had moved from a rich, decorated passage to a haphazard construction zone in a matter of seconds. Jomei continued pulling her along until they reached a door at the back wall, well into the mess of a space, but just when Telrenya had stopped to open her mouth with a question, her eyes widened in shock at a voice that called out to her from the other side.

It was a trap. It had to have been a trap. There was no way she could hear that voice again, not for real. But logic was lost to the little sister, and she stepped forward to hurriedly open the door that stood in front of the couple. On the other side, it was dark. Darker than the dim, candle-lit area around them, and her chocolate eyes squinted as she hesitated, straining against the lack of light to see inside. She took a small step forward, and then another. Suddenly, a palm pressed against her back between her shoulders, and she stumbled inside while the door slammed shut behind her. "Ahh! N-Nick? Where--" She turned, blinking against an inky darkness, when a force crashed into the back of the blonde's head, her body hitting the wooden floorboards with a thud a second later.

Ruby had looked over to a figure that had appeared to look like Jevi, however there were a lot of things wrong with this encounter. And Ruby had only felt a little more maddened after the encounter... her hands balling up into a fist looking at the image of her "you dare do such a thing at a public event and choose now of all times to ask of something..." she had sighed knowing something wasn't right, simply... that wasn't how Jevi acted either. Ruby knew Jevi didn't like acting in such ways and she barely even liked it when Ruby had done such a thing as well. Ruby had simply walked past the door she had walked in, now wasn't the time to deal with obviously fake traps. She needed to find where everyone else had gone toward, however Ruby had simply seen other people go in doors by their lonesomes, or following traps that they had seen. Ruby had looked around for Hestia... however she didn't find her, one moment she held the back of her shirt and the next she had vanished away from her sight.

Kairi had went toward the direction where Ruby and the others walked toward after her encounter with Teion trying to stick with a group of people, and she had caught up with some people... or rather, someone as she didn't see past the figure of Hestia. And Kairi blinked in confusion with how she acted, and Kairi smelled something fishy, she squinted her eyes to see if this had been a fake, she knew that she would never act such like this especially when they agree'd to just be family and people that had feelings for each other. However, she needed to know whether or not this was this was the real Hestia or a demon pretending to steal the name. Kairi had prepared her two handed sword into her arms as she had entered the room as it closed behind her. Kairi had looked back, then back forward; she wasn't the scared girl she once was... she isn't scared to fight what she even onced loved at a fake image reflection. 

(OOC: If there are Players who want to communicate With people from other parties. Message me to post on the separate party if you so chose.
Attacks Will happen randomly and without much warning, be prepared to alter roleplay if the Shadow Creature decides to show up)

Hide contents

Telrenya's Location: Secret Room
Jomei's Location: Outside Construction Room
Ruby's Location: Hallway
Kairi's Location: Den

Traps Discovered:
Main Floor Statue
Animal Heads in Den

The Creature growled softly, the plans it was forming were not coming together correctly, but it didn’t know exactly how to push them all into the right direction. “This is horrible, they aren’t even that scared. At least I have the boy and that woman in my grips so far. That awful couple is next, same with those two woman… but Connor's room, how I hate to make him witness to all of this… But we must do this. I’m so sorry sweet one.” The creature was sorrowful of needing to attack in the child’s poor room, not wanting to bring him all into all of this. The creature then went to the other group, smiling as Kairi entered the room, but growling still when Ruby had the better sense to ignore the possible attack in the Dining Room. "That little [censored], you aren't going anywhere." It growled and formulated its plan, but first to pay a visit to the couple.

@Telrenya

As the woman starts to come to, the soft glow of candles and machines wash over her eyes. If she were to open her eyes, the figures of 5 people, all in states of wounds and damage, are standing in front of her. The fifth one, closest to her, has adopted a face of someone she knew deep within her childhood and her past. "Oh Tel... You came to save me... Even thought you can't do anything." He said and shook his head, spiteful look on his face, but he still wore a smile. "To think you some how made your way here is a miracle in its own, and knowing that you had your entire guild's help isn't that surprising to be fair, you were always the weakest." BeatBox shook his head and looked a the woman on the ground. "I bet you believed that you would have been able to save me even if you were there? What a sad thought, you could never have saved me. You are so weak and pathetic looking right now, it's hard to imagine that you are able to be on the front lines..." He shook his head and pulled at the restraints, black blood/shadow dripping from his body.

@Jomei

Death_Adder shook his head and walked forward and snapped his fingers. Almost instantly a blade was put at Telrenya's throat and pushed in by Death_Adder himself. "You sweet, pathetic woman. Hope you die knowing that you will never be a hero." He shook his head and pushed it in fast, the red marks flaring up. Almost instantly they disappeared, but the group that showed up were gagged and bound, on their knees facing Jomei. Death_Adder turned Jomei around to face them all, Telrenya was also there, not dead, but her health was gone a lot, the party marker Jomei had showed her at half health. "Sweet innocent hero? No, fool." He smiled and walked towards the front of the line, the blade resting on Kairi's Head. "You first?" The man asked Jomei.

@Ruby

"Oh Hunnie... I really want to talk to you." The woman called out to Ruby. Jevi sighed and ran forward, grabbing her shoulder. "Oh Ruby, You're. Not. Leaving." She spat out and punched the woman in the face. Ruby, now in a chair at the dinning room  table, was tied down and forced to look forward, Jevi sitting at the other side of the table. "Oh you sweet... Sweet. [censored]. You thought you would leave ME!" She snarled and her body rippled from Jevi to the Shadow Creature. "No Matter, lets have Dinner, we have some guests." Jevi motioned to the decrepit bodies sitting at the table. "These are the only friends you'll ever have." She said and stepped on to the table, slowly walking towards her on the table. "Oh Ruby, You think your friends want to be around you? Oh no, pity is something that runs through their veins around you." She shook her head and gripped Ruby's Chin.

@Kairi

Hestia giggled and brought Kairi into the room, before disappearing into thin air. The shadow creature passed behind Kairi and touched one of the mounted heads that were scattered around the room, and one started to move. A deer head, its glass eyes staring into the distance, slowly moved and growled, busting off the wall. When it hit the ground, the head slowly formed into a body of a tall deer, growling and stomping its hooves, looking at Kairi. "Oh you poor woman, it seems as though you were lead into here by the woman you long for, oh well. Time to die." The creature smiled and laughed before disappearing, a bear head falling off the wall as well.

What the hell were they doing? I thought they had decided to split up and search the mansion, why were they all here now? "Get out of here!" Jomei shouted. As he looked closer at his friends on either side of the hall, he noticed something strange. None of their eyes were visible to him, shrouded in a dark shadow as if they wore a hood. As he looked to Ryo, the man pointed his blade towards the player killer in front of him, shouting words that Jomei also could not hear. This was all too strange.. there was no way that this could be real. Snap out of it Nick.. its all fake.. none of this is real.. Jomei thought to himself. 

It didn't matter how much he tried to convince himself that this was not real, and how this was just the mansion playing with his head. The scene that played out in front of him caused Jomei's chest to tighten, as tears immediately pooled in the corners of his eyes. One of Death Adder's shadow-like blades poked Telrenya in the throat, before piercing through the front and out the back. "ESTELLE!" Jomei shouted, as blood began to trickle from the wound and down her neck, coating her white collar with a crimson stain. The ginger tried to pry his eyes form what was going on in front of him, but the moment the lids of his eyes wretched shut and his chin turned away, he was pulled back by some unknown force. Now all of his friends were facing Jomei, on their knees, their facial features completely blurred out. Telrenya had been moved as well, and unlike the rest, Jomei could see the details of her face clearly. She looked as though she had lost all hope, with no tears left to cry, staring nearly lifelessly at the ground before Jomei. 

"Stop, I get it." Jomei said, his voice shaky as he pleaded, "I know this isn't real I just... I can't look at it anymore.." Tears began to pour down the man's cheeks as he looked up to the vision of Death Adder before him, hoping that the entity that created him was listening. "Its my fault that the old mansion was destroyed, don't blame my friends. If you need to take a life, take mine. Just please, let them go." Jomei's chin dropped as droplets began to hit the floor below him, and all went silent. Death Adder shook his head with a heavy sigh, "Again with the hero antics." Suddenly, starting with the light fixtures down the hall, one by one went out, causing the entire hallway to become pitch black, little by little. Finally, as the last one went out, nothing could be seen but those piercing blue eyes, and a wide, inhuman smile.

After what only felt like a quick moment, a single light where Jomei was came to life, illuminating the area where the illusion was, and leaving the rest of the mansion in a dark void. Around Death Adder's feet, were the mangled remains of all of his friends, not shattered data fragments like normal. No, Jomei looked upon the bodies of his entire guild, entry wounds from Death Adder's blades, their clothing soaked in blood. The only one who remained alive was the blonde woman he loved, still on her knees and closer to where Jomei was chained, Death Adder standing behind her with a blade to her throat. "Why..." she said, weakly. "Why didn't you help them...You promised to protect all of them.. you promised to protect me... You really are nothing.." Jomei trembled, not believing what he was hearing "No no no... I- I can't" Slowly, Death Adder's blade began to glide across the woman's throat, and all life from the woman seemed to slowly fade. The flush of her skin fading as she grew pale, yet no blood could be seen pouring. 

Rage finally took over, an anger that Jomei never would want to unleash upon everyone. The man screamed, pulling with all of his might at the chains that held him in place. As if by some miracle, the chains around Jomei's wrists shattered, allowing him to move once again. Taking a long stride forward, Jomei lunged at the illusion of the man killing Telrenya, letting his fist fly forward with a powerful punch. As his clenched hand made contact with Death Adder, he shattered, Telrenya shattered, and all of the corpses around him shattered. Light came back to the hallway, and all evidence of what Jomei was just witnessed was gone. The man fell to his knees, pressing his palms into the floor. He struggled to catch a breath between sobs, his tears soaking the red carpet below him. 

"Ugh... What...?" Telrenya groaned as her eyes fluttered open. They hardly had to strain against the dim lighting anymore, and she could hardly begin to wonder how long she had been unconscious before memories flooded her. A sense of panic filled her as she remembered everything: their journey to the mansion, the attacks against Spencer, Jomei, and Hestia, and finally the terror that ran through her before she blacked out. "Nick, where...?" She trailed as her palms pressed against the dusty floorboards to push herself up. She coughed as the stale air slipped into her lungs, and she hadn't even noticed that Jomei's health bar no longer rested beneath hers as it always did.

A familiar voice called out to her again, and for a split second Telrenya's blood ran cold. Her breath caught in her throat, and wide eyes picked up from the ground until they ran over the man sitting in the chair in front of her. She met the bright blue eyes of her brother, and her heart skipped a beat. Or at least, they might have been bright if they weren't drained; pale like his face, and a mixture of emotions that she never wanted to see residing in his eyes. "James..." She whispered his name, frozen in shock for a long second. "Is... Is it really--" She hadn't finished her question before he shook his head. The smile he wore was one she didn't think she'd ever seen before. A pitiful, mocking smile as he criticized her, both past and present. She had pushed herself to her knees now, staring at him in disbelief. "Wh-what? No, I..." She couldn't bring herself to speak properly. There weren't enough coherent thoughts in her head for her to get anything meaningful out. Quickly, she shook her head, as if trying to desperately cling to a reality that she wasn't sure of. "No, but, I don't understand. Everyone--everyone said you, you died. Aereth, he knew everything, and even that girl--"

He laughed. With only the flicker of candle flames and the gentle whirring of machinery, his haunted laughter echoed against the walls. It was a sound that she had longed to hear again, but one that now only filled her with dread. "Yeah, you'd think I left behind enough evidence, huh?" His head fell back in his chair, pale blonde bangs that had been drenched with sweat clinging to his forehead as he stared at the dim light that danced across the ceiling. Trails of inhuman blood trickled from the side of his mouth and his temple, falling to hit the floor behind him. "But you still don't get it. Idiot sister." He sneered, chuckling again.

"What...?" The word was weak. Her brows turned up, the ghost of a smile she wore was only for show, as if she was waiting--hoping--that he was going to continue to say this was all a joke. "I don't get it, what do you--"

"GOD, you're dense! I wanted to die, don't you get it?!" He shouted, his head snapping back forward to look at her with a new sense of loathing and spite. "How long did you sit around waiting for me to come find you, while I worked my ass off to get stronger, huh?" He spat. "You were a chore from the very beginning, always asking everyone else for help. Just like old times, huh?" Telrenya felt the sting of hot tears beginning to pool at the corners of her eyes. She was at a loss, words escaped her, and she could only stare back at the image of her brother as he tore her down. "And now that I'm here, you still can't do anything." He glared. "What, am I supposed to get myself out of here while you sit there and cry?" His volume picked up until he was shouting at her again, jerking against the restraints on his wrists and ankles, the wooden chair he was fixed to lurching slightly with the force he exerted. "I'd rather die!! Just kill me already, I don't want this anymore! I hate this place, I hate our parents, I hate--!" His words were replaced by a scream of pain as the tip of a large needle sunk into the skin of his neck. His body contorted, his face twisting as he writhed against whatever sinister injection was being forced into him. Telrenya could only gasp, staring in horror while hot tears ran down her cheeks. She shook her head, hands holding themselves in front of her open mouth as she wanted so desperately to deny the scene that was playing out before her.

Ruby had looked over as the fake Jevi had moved over and grabbed her on the shoulder and forced her to sit down on the table tying her into place, Ruby had struggled as she may however she just... couldn't break free "Let me go..." she had exclaimed out to her with a bit of a angered growl. Ruby had looked around as the Jevi figure had figures that had introduced her to, saying that they are the only friends would ever have. Ruby had growled and looked back as she had walked closer toward her, Ruby had spat in her direction saying out to her "You don't know anything... you may be a tormentor gifted flesh, but you'll never beat me..." she had struggled more to get out, however frankly she just couldn't get out of the bounds that had tied her into place. Ruby had looked around, she couldn't find anyone that could necessarily help her and she had just tried to go through all of her options to get out of this situation.

Kairi as she had entered the room, the Hestia had let out a giggle as the door closed and it had touched one of the mounted heads and turned into a tall deer. Kairi had squinted, she knew this was a trap from a mile away however why the evil spirit had turned into a deer was behind Kairi. Kairi had simply raised her sword confidently toward the deer and said out with a simple tone and without showing much "I don't know how you know Hestia at all, however you would of been more scary staying as Hestia rather than a simple deer. Last time I checked a deer isn't scary remotely." Kairi had darted around the room, she had looked and felt as though... other heads had been moving? She had been questioning if this was because something was causing them to fall of the wall, or if its more of a older aesthetic. 

• 1 month later...

Hide contents

Telrenya's Location: Secret Room
Jomei's Location: Outside Construction Room
Ruby's Location: Hallway
Kairi's Location: Den

Fake Telrenya: Construction Room
Fake Jomei: Basement
Fake Ruby: Maze
Fake Kairi: Outside Green House
Fake Jevi: Dining Room
Fake Hestia: Pantry/ Roof Access Vent

Adere: Outside Construction Room
Karona: Outside Den
Purobolos: Dining Room
Willow: Secret Room

Traps Discovered:
Main Floor Statue
Animal Heads in Den
Dolls in Children's Room

The Shadow Creature's face slowly turned from a frown, to a sadistic grin. Her servants were doing good work, and it seemed as though their work would be done soon, she could only feed off their misery for so long before it got too boring for her, the same taste in her mouth was too much for her at times. She looked over at Telrenya, one of her prized subjects taunting the blonde, her brother being tortured right in front of her. She giggled a bit and started to watch it more intently, but her eyes slowly drifted over to Jomei, getting bored of Telrenya in the few moments she watched her. Jomei's body was on the floor, sobbing. She laughed, the sound was audible throughout most of the house, she found it almost cute how much he cared, she thought she had someone like that in her life before. She grimaced a bit and pointed at Jomei, she wanted him to suffer more, she couldn't bare to look, or even think of someone who reminded her of her love, or the man she used to think loved her.

@Telrenya
Attached to the needle, was a sickly looking black arm, different than the rest of them, looking partially human. It looked at the woman with a sickening smile and slowly lowered its arms, in fake sorrow. "Oh No! Did I upset you? Did you not get to say goodbye? One moment." It giggled and touched BeatBox, the body slowly moving and coming back to life. He screamed in immense pain and threw his body back and forth on the restraints, his eyes filling up with black blood, pouring out of his eyes, mouth, and nose. He struggled and gurgled more. The shadow/human creature shook its head and stabbed the needle back into his neck, causing his body to die again, this time with black liquid continuously dripping from his body. "So sorry about that dear, thought he would be more talkative, but oh well. How are you?" It asked and slowly walked forward, the rest of its body coming into light. Needles and other surgical blades protruded from its body, looking down at Telrenya. "Sorry you had to come all this way to die, I know its pretty poor timing, especially with what has happened recently. But oh well, you two can get married in hell." It giggled and reach his arm forward, a tentacle of black shot forward and hit the wall next to her head, slowly pulsing out more black ooze. "No need to be afraid, you aren't going anywhere." It smiled, but Willow had other plans. A loud woosh shot forward and went directly at the creature.

@Jomei
A moment passed, and another moment passed. It seemed to have grown semi-silent as of the moment. The lights stayed on where they were, and no sign of what happened returned. A distant *Whoo* Could be heard, followed by maniacal laughter coming almost from no where. The Whoo was accompanied by a flapping of wings, a small owl was flying towards Jomei as fast as it could, The owl, as best as it could, looked sad and concerned for its owner's health. It rested on the floor near Jomei and looked up, pecking softly at his hands, trying to get his attention. It looked up and cocked its head, hoping that Jomei is okay. But before anything else could happen, a large thud was heard from the other side of the landing, followed by some scrapping, and a strange, familiar sound, almost as if Jomei ran into a creature that sounded just like that. A shadow grew out in front of the encroaching sound, and Jomei could only recognize it as the beast that attacked the original four during their first trip into the mansion. "Oh Jomei… I do hope you said your prayers, because the devil should be expecting you very soon." A woman's voice echoed through the halls, and the creature first came into view.

@Ruby
"Really I wont beat you? But it seems I have sweetie, you can't move, your friends will soon be dead, just like the corpses sitting around us, and you will soon be too. Actually, would you like to get to know some of our guests, I know they would love to meet some fresh meat." The fake Jevi smiled and slowly walked towards Ruby, touching each body she past by. The bodies sat still for a moment, but then started to twitch and seize, before slowly sitting up turning to look over at Ruby. "Come on friends, dinner is served, It has been a while since you 5 have eaten hasn't it been huh? Well here is a once in an afterlife opportunity." Jevi giggled, but then shrieked. A strange flame-like creature shot up from where it was previously hiding. It made a weird growling-esque noise and hit Jevi, knocking her to the ground. She gasped and got burned by the thing, which turned its attention to Ruby. It looked happy and bounced on over to her, panting like a happy dog, nipping at the ropes that were binding her to the chair. It looked around and started to growl again, the doors to the dining room flying open, the power holding them closed was temporarily broken.

@Kairi
The deer almost listened to what Kairi said, taking its time to think on it, and slowly started to morph, as did the other heads of the animals that fell down to the ground. Every step that the deer took, its body morphed and altered, starting to look like a Frankenstein creature. Stitching's were sewn around its body where other animals pieces were attached, and different items stuck out of its body. It growled a noise that should never be able to come out of a deer's mouth, and looked around, assortment of hybrid animals slowly came to full form, growling and snarling at Kairi. Only a loud banging at the door was heard above the animals, it almost sounded like a mimic. The deer started to rear up, then it charged at Kairi, snarling and coming at her. Luckily for her, a body part it grew got stuck on some furniture, making it get stuck for a moment.

It was the pressure and stress of being the 'fearless' leader of the Holy Dragon Alliance that finally caused Jomei to snap and break down after his encounter with the shadow's illusion. The great lengths he would go to to protect his guildmates, his best friends, and the woman he loved so dearly.. he never realized how great a toll it took on his mind, the constant worry that some monsters, or a boss.. or worse, another player, would take their lives. The man took in a deep breath, calming his nerves and trying to shake the images from his mind.. but Telrenya's haunting stare as the vision of her throat being slit in front of him plagued his head, replaying over and over. "It's not real.. you know its not." he said to himself as he took in a much slower breath, his trembling limbs calming.

His thoughts had distracted him, making the "Whoo" of an owl almost unnoticeable. It was not until he felt the gentle tapping on the back of his gloved hand did he look up to see the brown, tawny owl looking up to him, black orbs filled with concern. The corner of Jomei's lip twitched into a tiny smirk at the sight of his familiar, bringing up his hand to run through the feathers on her head in greeting. "Don't worry" he said weakly, "I'll be okay." With a flap of her wings, Adere perched on the Irishman's shoulder as he rose up to a standing position, "Lets go find the others.." he began to say, before a dark creature began to form on the opposite side of the room. Jomei expected to see the tall, almost feminine looking shadow that had first greeted the group upon arriving. However, this was not the case, as the creature looked much different than that. This monster was much larger, and did not possess a humanoid shape. Instead, the darkness floated above the ground, twelve arms sprouting from its body extending to different lengths to grab onto anything it could. Its face, Jomei remembered all too clearly, several skulls bound together, all of their jaws open and producing multiple deathly screams that played on repeat in Jomei's head. 

The female voice of the original shadow, however, spoke to Jomei clearly over the sounds of the screams which he believed only he could hear. It threatened him with death, to which he shook his head. "I won't be going that easily. I'm finished with your games" Reaching a hand across his body, Jomei grabbed the hilt of his rapier, ready to stand his ground. "You won't catch me running or crying anymore.. and if you strike me down, then I'm sure as hell taking you down with me." 

• 11 months later...

Telrenya gasped, letting out a small, weak cry as she clenched her jaw. She was more terrified than she'd ever been. Even when her brother's killer stood in front of them, taunting them and threatening to rip the rest of their loved ones away from them. That memory couldn't even compare. "N-no," She choked out, "Y-you're just a mon-ster." She looked through both figures with blurry vision. This isn't real, she thought. It can't be. The line repeated until she muttered the words out. "It's not real. It's not real."

The inhuman creature scowled at her denial, taking its hand off of Beatbox's shoulder. It began to march toward her, angrily now. "I'll show you what's real, you insolent--!" Before it managed to close in on her, a pale blue light shot towards it. The small wispy familiar emerged from the center of Telrenya's chest to reveal itself, flying straight through the silhouette. The creature faltered at what it expected to be some kind of attack, pausing in its movement and jerking around to spot Willow hovering behind it. The spirit moved again, circling around the creature until it growled in irritation and raised a fist. Clutching the same injector with its long needle, it slammed down to stab at Willow, only to pass right through the little ghost.

Telrenya suddenly realized what was happening. She had been lost in her stupor, crying and mumbling to herself. When her companion's actions finally registered, she bristled. "Willow, don't! It's dangerous--!" Her voice cracked and her throat burned as she called out to her familiar. Suddenly, it was like she'd swallowed her words. Her emotions swelled, and she found the life in her hands to grope for her rapier at her side. She pulled the weapon free as a fire lit in her eyes and she faced the demon. "That's how it always is, right?" Her voice was raspy and still hurt. "I have to fight you, and then I can reach my friends again." She assured herself.

Thread Summary
Under 20 posts. No rewards.

Edited by Telrenya