[PP-F01] About TIME <<The Third Lesson, Is Just as Free>>

Kirbs felt the joins in her back pop as she stretched backwards. "Ow, ow, ow," she mumbled, exiting Hannah's grove with a sigh of relief. "My back!" She screeched, being the overdramatic person she is. Her back felt sore now. I probably shouldn't have slept in a chair last night, the redhead sighed to herself stupidly. She gulped the knot down in her throat and felt Scarfy tighten around her arm. "Ouch, alright. Alright! We'll get going! You don't have to be so bloody mopey," she blew a raspberry at her grumpy familiar. She stopped for a few seconds, reevaluating her the quest she was given. Dark cave... and my accuracy should be going down since it's dark, huh? Well, that blows. She scratched her chin and sighed. Whatever, I'm too over levelled for these quests. I'll probably kill it in a few shots anyways. I mean, I have no idea why I delayed this quest so much.

@Sey

Spoiler

STATS:

LVL: 14

HP: 280

EN: 28

DMG: 7

ACC: 2

EVA: 2

MIT: 24

Paralyze: 2

Bleed: 1

Inventory:

> T1- Aftershock: 1 Bleed, 2 PAR

> T1- Coat of Eulogies: 2 Recovery, 9 MIT

> T1- Turning Medallion: 2 ACC, 1 EVA

Skills:

> T1 Light Armor Skill: 5 MIT

> T2 Fighter Familiar Skill: 2 DMG

> Survival Skill: Increases out of combat health regeneration to [15xTier] per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing with environmental attacks/effects.

> R2 2H Assault Spear Skill: 5 DMG

She was too distracted to brace for Sey, for he felt like messing with her the moment he spotted her near the caves. It seems like her familiar wanted to give the redhead a bit of trouble yet again, and it only brought a smile on his face to see the two of them go at it. Kyu was loyal and took a liking to Sey, even when she acted like such a prissy princess. The familiar tail flick to the side was a signature move for Kyu's presence on his shoulder. He felt comfortable enough around Kirbs to screw around with her now, and so he would slowly approach the poor girl as she flicked through the quests, making sure to cover her blindside as he approached. Maybe it would have been better with Sneak and Hide being in his skill list. That was something to be noted. Regardless, he would then pop up behind the girl before attempting to give her a soft shove forward in an attempt to scare her. "YAH!" Sey exclaimed, having fun with the thought of terrorizing her.

Kirbs let out a screech as she whipped around and karate chopped him square on the shoulder. Her breathing was rapid as she finally realized what was happening. She leaned down, pressing her palms on her knees and coughed violently. "Why?!" She seethed, coughing a little bit more. She looked up at Sey and grimaced. The player grabbed the shirt of his collar and shook it violently. "Why would you do that to me? I could have had a heart attack!" She exclaimed, ceasing her shaking. "Why do you do this?!" She removed her hands from his shirt and pressed her thumb and index finger around her temple. "I swear, my heart is going to jump out of my damn chest," she chuckled, her throat hoarse from coughing so much. She shook her head and cleared her throat. "Where did you even come from?" She asked, her eyes narrowing suspiciously.

@Sey 

The chop on the shoulder made him laugh, he deserved every bit of it! Though she then fell immediately after, though that soon changed to shaking him about. "Reeeeeee!" It was the most deserved as well, but come on, he had to do it! Poor girl then told him she could have had a heart attack, though he still smiled through it, the poor thing was so freaked out. So this is what Leru felt, it was sort of funny. But that was enough, aftercare was important as well. "Well, simple! But I'll explain that in a bit. You seem a bit lost though... Are you sure you're not lost? You have lowered stats inside of this case... So... Yeah, I think I'm going to have to help you out here. What ARE you doing here anyways?" Sey tilted his head to the side, as if he did not just make her heart race a few moments ago. She could say it was a six star scare~. Regardless, he was there to assist the poor girl in her mission.

"You're so mean!" She whined, slapping his shoulder harshly. "What did I do to deserve that?" She huffed, frowning at him. She sighed and shook her head crossly. "I could've thought that you were a monster or something, lord!" She shook her hands as a shudder ran up her spine. "Man," she paused, reaching up to his head, messing up his hair with her palm, "you are just too much sometimes." Kirbs shook her head once again and giggled. "Lost, me? Never." She gasped in disbelief. "I'm just doing one of the starting quests," she mumbled, rubbing her neck, "and I was stupid for not doing it earlier." The redhead sighed, looking at him with a small smile. "But I'm down for you helping me. I dunno how though." She shrugged, a small yawn escaping from her. "But you never answered my question! What are you doing here?" She questioned.

@Sey

He laughed the instant she smacked his shoulder, taking it full-well knowing it was deserved. "But you're so fun to terrorize~." Oh yeah, those would definitely be the words of his older brother. If Sey gave such reactions like this, he could understand why he did this so often. But now his hair was all sorts of messed up thanks to her, reeeeee! Regardless, she then explained to him that she was doing a starting quest. How lucky! Sey wished he had those back when he started. Oh well, that's what patches were for. "Why, I'm clearly here to be moral support! Which it totally shows a minute ago~." Sey teased lightly, chuckling in turn at the thought of seeing her so flipped out before. Right, there was something he had to explain as well. As though he plucked it out of thin air, he would offer a slip of paper to her. "I happened to want to give this to you. An invitation, if you will. I'm getting married to quite a lovely lady soon~."

She whacked his head and frowned. "Why is it so fun to terrorize me?" She pouted. She hadn't done anything wrong... yet. As far as she was concerned, she had yet to terrorize someone herself! But how could she, a totally innocent being of this universe, terrorize anyone anyway? No, no, she leaves that up to her damned familiar. "Moral support my arse," she huffed, shaking her head at his childish behaviour-- which she has never been like before, of course.

Her mouth dropped as she watched the words roll out of his mouth. "My dear, dear friend," she grabbed his shoulders and looked him dead in the eye. "Why did you keep this a secret from me?!" She shook his shoulders violently and wrinkled her nose. "Dear, dear Sey. I thought you were going to be lonely forever," she cried, looking overly sorrowful. She wiped a dramatic tear away from her eyes and scowled at him. "Am I the only person who is single in this world?!" She cried out loud, throwing her hands up in the air in frustration.

@Sey

"Isn't it obvious? You give the best reactions!" And it was sooooo true, he would love to see them again sometime. If this was what Leru experienced when they were much younger, they would have had such a great time if Sey only had the understanding. It was a give and take sort of thing. Kirbs then proceeded to grab him by the shoulders before shaking violently. "AHHHHHHHH!" The only appropriate answer as she was shaking, a violently strong girl. No wonder she was bound to be single forever. Poor little redhead, maybe she will get lucky! "Okay okay! I didn't think you would want to know that badly! Just take the invitation ahhhhhhh!" And with that, he would then shake his head if she ever did let him go. And she did! When she began to whine that everyone was having dates. "Oh come on, it's not THAT bad~. Think of all the players in the game, out of ten thousand, one must love you dorky self~."

She screeched and tugged on her hair. "Half of the players in this game are perverted freaks who thought they could charm themselves a girl before the whole mirror thing!" She sobbed, dropping to her knees. "I'm going to be alone forever!" She wailed to no one in particular. She suddenly stopped sobbing and turned her head sharply at Sey. "What kind of wing man are you, mate? You're supposed to be helping me!" She pouted and erupted into 'tears' again. She sniffed and frowned. "Wait a minute. What am I even doing here? I'm supposed to be killing a Cave Guardian or something!" She rubbed her hands together and sighed, already knowing she was way too over leveled for this quest. She had procrastinated for far too long on this quest line. "Hey, Sey. Who's the unfortunate person who's marrying you?" She asked all of a sudden, grinning at him like a maniac.

@Sey

What was he even supposed to say at this moment? There there? Maybe this was why the girl didn't have anyone to love her, but it was okay, for he didn't have to take pity on the dork! "And since when was I supposed to be your wing man!? You need to pay me, fool!" A business mind made things much funnier for him. If he ain't getting paid, he ain't getting this girl a date! And he could buy her a date if he wanted to, so she best treat him nicely! Memes aside, he would entertain her random mind by answering the last question. "She's a lovely lady, goes by the name Elucia. I would describe her, but it would be a shame to woe you with such details. Maybe you'll meet her on the big day~." Sey explained with a shrug, but his lips were still smiling. "Oh, some Cave Guardian? I could oneshot a fool for you if you would like."  Come on, how much trouble could a monster be if it was Kirbs taking it on? He chuckled at the thought.

• 1 month later...

She gasped, backing away with a flabbergasted face. "Pay you? Your services are worth nothing!" The redhead declared. How dare he ask her to pay him?! She was broke as is, and shouldn't this guy have loads of money? Her shop was basically on the verge of bankruptcy and he expects her to pay him? The bloody nerve! "She sounds lovely," Kirbs said sweetly before pausing, "but I'm gonna have to interrogate her for a bit. I need to learn all your secrets," she whispered evilly. "Blackmail material!" She sang, jumping up and down excitedly. If she could get her hands on some blackmail, she wouldn't have to pay him! Cue evil laugh. 

She made an 'x' with her arms and frowned. "No! I have to do this by myself!" She said dramatically, spinning around in a few circles before placing the knuckles of her hand against her forehead. "Tis' my destiny!"

@Sey

• 2 weeks later...

"Good luck finding her, she'll never be found without my help~." He replied, placing his hands behind the beack of his head as he listened to her ramble on about how she must fulfill some destiny. Whatever said destiny was, it was bound to slaughter her if she wasn't careful. And seeing this idiot of his get injured while he was on duty would be unfortunate. "Your destiny sucks, so I'll help you! Just tell me what you're going to do." It was all meant with jest, for he was sure that she was passionate about it. But of course, how would they get along if they didn't throw a bit of shade at one another? She was one to take well to it, her future house cats would love her humor with how often they'll be breaking things. With that in mind, he would then place his arms back down, readying them for combat in case she needed to oneshot a field boss or a quest boss of a sort.

She blew some lip bubbles and sighed heavily. "We'll see about that. I was a senior detective back in the real world, y'know?" She said sarcastically, grinning. "Okay, that might be a lie, but I have good eyes!" The redhead exclaimed, opening her eyes wide as she pointed at them. She had the eyes of a bloody hawk, that's for damn sure! Nothing is going to get past these rare beauties! The girl sputtered as she frowned at Sey. "I have you know, good sir, that my destiny is going to be awesome and just dandy! I am perfectly capable of doing this whole little quest by myself!" Kirbs huffed, crossing her arms-- all in a joking way, of course. 

She finally shifted her focus back to the dark cave in front of her. It can't be too hard! She was level fourteen and probably way too over leveled for this quest, anyway. She was pretty sure that she could do it pretty quickly, as well. She turned back to Sey and mock saluted him. "Solider Kirbs is now heading into the oblivion!" She declared, an not even a second later, she dove into the dark cave with a shrill war cry. 

And boy, was it dark in there.

However! It didn't take her very long to find the gemstone Hannah was talking about. In fact, it was really easy. It was just kind of... sitting there? Kirbs sighed at the lousy quest mechanics and made a quick grab for the gem-- and of course, some kind of giant rock mob appeared right after she lifted it up. Utter. And. Pure. Joy. The redhead sighed and stuffed the gem in her inventory before grabbing her spear. Barely a few seconds passed before she dashed right up to the Cave Guardian, impaling it with the head of the spear and launching it into the air. She grinned as it burst into dozens of pixels and already started walking away.

She screeched as she ran out of the cave. "Solider Kirbs is alive and well!"

ID: 118584

BD: 7-1-6, Success

7x4= 28 DMG

20-28= 0 HP

Kirbs: HP: 280/280 | EN: 25/28 | 7 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 PAR | 2 Bleed | 2 REC

Cave Guardian: HP: 0/20 

@Sey

It didn't take long for her to go out and start attacking things in the cave, calling herself a soldier and everything in the process. He just laughed softly in turn as she made her way back out, only after the shattering crystals of an enemy reached his ears. When she walked out, he just gave her a smirk. "I didn't know she could one hit kill floor one monsters~." He replied with fake shock. How impressive, but he knew she couldn't help it at her level. That's why she needed to finish this quest, that of which he still wasn't familiar with. "So what do we even do on this quest? Unlike your lucky butt, I never had those quests to begin with!" Tutorial quests patches, who's oversight was that supposed to belong to anyways! Virtual machine or not, what game doesn't have a tutorial! It mattered not though, for now he was way beyond that, so perhaps he shouldn't complain.

"Pft..!" She waved her hands at him and laughed. "Don't make me blush. This quest was long too overdue, it's kind of sad how long I put this off," Kirbs sighed, frowning. She gasped, covering her mouth as her eyes widened. "Who are you calling a butt, mister?! I have you know that I am the complete opposite of a buttocks!" She exclaimed, feigning shock. How dare someone call her a derrière? That is unacceptable! She whacked him on the shoulder with her palm and her frown deepening. "You're so mean," she whined, letting out an exaggerated sigh. She pondered for a bit before opening her mouth, "Uh, so I basically just had to get this gem, which was protected by this Cave Guardian or whatever, so I had to kill that," she started, opening her inventory and pulling out the damned gem, "and I guess I just have to return it to this NPC and get the rewards. That's pretty much it."

@Sey

Well at least it was done, but he had to admit that he was rather disappointed if THAT'S what the quest was going to be like? He tilted his head to the side as he listened to her explain that they just needed to return it to the NPC. It was a tutorial and it still managed to make him question the game's handholding. Perhaps she was overleveled, but weren't these things supposed to be taken in parties? "In that case, we're bringing it over immediately! Get you some experience points and we'll call it a day." Seems like he wasn't needed. But he did want to bother her a slight bit, the thought making him smile in fact. It was just fun, and she was a feisty redheaded lady, so her reactions were bound to happen. It was entertaining for him. Now they had to go where again? With the lack of these quests, he was unsure about how to progress, admittedly.

"Sounds like a plan!" She clapped her hands together and started setting off. "So," she started, "when ish' dis' wedding of yours, you stupid engaged madman?" She muttered the last part to herself of course, although a part of her wished for him to hear it, cue evil cackle. "You never told me how this lady is, too!" She sulked, covering his face with her palms. "How am I supposed to be a flower girl for a lady I don't even know?" She whined, pouting. "And then there's the problem of getting a wedding gift!" She ranted, turning to Sey with a frown. "Sey, you know I'm broke! How can I afford a wedding gift! And I don't even know what this lady likes!" The redhead exclaimed, sheer shock on her face. She grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him violently. "Sey, you're the one that's going to be marrying her! Give me some advice, you fool!"

@Sey

"Expect the wedding to be on the 29th of the month, you dork~." He replied with a trailing taunting voice at the end. It didn't take long for her to break down into another one of her episodes of flipping out. "You'll figure it out~. You're a lady, you know what ladies enjoy! But she is very interested in neutral colors, white or black preferably. Whatever you think is best in those colors." Being shaken wasn't exactly a new thing, especially not by this redhead. It will make her future partner very flustered, he could not wait to see who she paired up with. Then she'll see how easy it was. Then again, maybe she was too young to be thinking about such things. Or maybe she isn't, wasn't this the age where hormones were supposed to be flying around? Eh, she'll figure it out, and then he'll tease her in every step of the way. "Unless you think you can't do it, dork."

She pulled on her vibrant hair and screeched. "That's too soon! Way too bloody soon! I'm not going to have enough time to make a damn wedding gift!" She gasped and reeled back in terror. "Sey, you know I am the exact opposite of a lady! My name is literally based off a pink blob that swallows other blobs! I'm a bloody amoeba, Sey! An amoeba!" The girl cried, pouting. She sighed dramatically and placed the tips of her pointer fingers on her temples and massaged them slowly. Think monochrome. What the bloody hell can I get this woman? She bit her lip and scrunched her eyebrows together as she thought silently for a few seconds. 

She was just about to complain again when she realized they were practically back at town. She squealed and rushed off, already knowing that Sey was probably already trailing behind her, if not, in front of her. She rolled her eyes at the silly thought but shrugged it off anyway. She skidded to a halt at Hannah's grove and threw the jewel down on to the grass. "Here's your damn jewel, woman! Now give me that damn package I have to deliver!" She screeched, grabbing the package from Hannah and rushing off before the NPC really had anything to say.

@Sey

Where was the confidence!? Sey shook his head in turn. "Come on, you have the looks to bring eyes your way, you just gotta fix those loud lips of yours and you would make a wonderful lady~. Still gotta pay me to be a wing man though, dork." Completely brushing past her initial worries, he wasn't really expecting anything. Why would he do that to her? What, was he going to make a present deposit box? There was no reason, especially when she would be the ones to throw petals all over the place, probably in the faces of some people in turn. Sey was then trailing behind her before she returned back, Sey smiling in turn. Wow, that speed stat of hers was doing her wonders, it wouldn't be long before he fully mastered evasion. "Welcome back to me. Now that you finished that, you need to get your face back into the game and deal the damage you do. Focus on the present later."