[PP-F1] Returning to their Roots <<Nature's Treasure>>

A few days into restarting her Performer profession, and she was already running out. S i g h. Arabelle looked around the immediate area outside the Town of Beginnings with her <<Detection>> activated. A bright red gaze surveyed the fields in front of her, landing on a material whose glow distinguished it from its bleak surroundings. She padded forward and picked it up. That was today's first search. Already, this was starting to feel like a drag. Why not spice it up with a friend or two?

Smiling at her own idea, the small purple-haired girl brought up her PM window. She ignored Mishiro's name - she would just get turned down again anyway - and scrolled down to message a friend she had just hung out with a few days ago. He made for some fun company.

To: Dustin

I'm gathering at Floor 1 and I'm kind of bored. Care to come with? I'll owe you a performance or two afterwards. ;)
Am right outside the town gates, btw.

Dismissing her PMs, she ambled back to the town gates where she would wait for her friend to arrive. She leaned against the outside wall, playing with her large scythe as she stared off into the distance. Doing something alone was always the least fun.

Spoiler

ID: 118660 | LD: 11

T1 Materials: 1

Nature's Treasure Bonus:

• Searching:  LD rolls of 11-14 give 1 material.  LD rolls of 15+ give 2 materials.  Gatherer skill is added to this roll as well.
  • Treasure Chests:  LD of 1-3 does not result in a mimic, but drops (Floor * 25) col and one material.

@Dustin

Edited by Arabelle

A blue sweatshirt wrapped around Dustin’s waste as he walked through the garden on the first floor. He had been looking around all day but not really finding anything. That hadn’t changed either, he was still empty handed despite having worked so hard all day. A ringing catches his attention and an envelope appears on his display. Why is someone messaging me today? I don’t recall saying anything about shooting me a message anytime they want. He opens the message only to form a small smile as he reads who it’s from.

Spoiler

Message to: Arabelle

He closes his menu and starts the short walk from the garden back to the town of beginnings.

Upon arrival he sees the short girl and starts towards her. He was covered in dirt and sweat, wearing a basic tank top as he finally reaches her and he smiles, pulling his hair back and fixing it a little. “So, what’ve you been up to?” He asks, his smile like that of a child.

Spoiler

ID: 118706

LD: 10

fail

Edited by Dustin

Seeing him come from outside the safe zone was a bit of a surprise. Arabelle eyed him and his wear for a sec, and her curious gaze definitely did not linger on his muscular biceps or the way his wet shirt clung to his tight form or the way he flipped his hair back - no, definitely not

"What? It's just been a few days and yet you're talking like it's been a month." The small purple-haired girl smiled innocently. "Just kidding. I started up my Performer profession again!" Thus, her need to gather materials. Frankly, the process of gathering was boring but maybe not so much with the actual crafting. There was a certain joy in seeing the rewards to her effort... and a certain misery at seeing a recording she had worked hard on turn out to be a failure. RNGeesus, why you have no consideration?! Either way, she had rediscovered her enthusiasm for crafting by some weird force of nature and it reflected in her eyes. "Again... meaning I took the quest a year ago with someone named Pinball, opened a shop right after, and kind of never did anything with it. I don't know what compelled me to actually go through with it, but hey, why not?"

Nodding confidently to herself, she started them off on their walk to the <<Garden>>.

"Say, where did you come from earlier? Got in a fight or something? It sure looks like it."

Spoiler

ID: 118826 | LD: 17

T1 Materials: 3

Edited by Arabelle

Dustin smiles, her joke catching him off guard and he begins to think up explanations for being so awkward. An internal sigh of relief would’ve been audible if it was physically possible. She begins explaining the time she went on the earning a living quest and Dustin’s eyes fall to the ground, the life in his face falling away with it. Pinball... Dustin’s fists clench up and he turns away, the name sending a chill down his spine. “I know the guy. He helped me get the martial arts skill a while back. Before that I went hunting with him; after which... nah, it’s no biggie.” He blows off his almost passion filled companionship like it’s nothing. “He was kinda cute, but lets not get into that. He later chopped off my arm and tried to kill Kirbs, and then a few weeks after that he ambushed Jinx and I.” He looks at Arabelle, still kind of mad about that ambush. “Stryder had to save us.” He frowns and shoves his hands into his pockets.

It didn’t take a genius to figure out Dustin was pretty mad about Pinball all the time. I’m gonna kill him.

Her next question catches his attention, and he looks at her. “I was at the garden getting hay for my slimes. They don’t need nutrients, but they like the flavor.” He says, walking away from her and towards the garden, the blue jacket tied around his waist blowing gently in the wind, his hands grab sunglasses and he sets them on his ears.

@Arabelle

Edited by Dustin
Pinball.

Ah, yes. She remembered that cute, nervous boy who accompanied her on her profession quest and also carried her through some other quest where he blindly swung his spear at a giant bat. Maybe it was because of the last thing she said, but either way, they didn't meet up after that. Enter her best friend! A few months after rekindling their friendship, she heard he went orange and very recklessly allowed Mishiro to run after him. To just talk, she said.

Apparently, the power of love and friendship doesn't always work.

Her free desserts place closed for a few days. Mishiro didn't talk at all. Arabelle pretended she didn't know anything. Claude was on the verge of freaking out. Wonderful times. And there was the Christmas event. And then Myosotis was closed for a few more days. And then Pinball sort of turned into a taboo topic. S i g h. 

"Seems like everyone has a bone to pick with that guy," the small purple-haired girl sighed. Mishiro, Dustin, The Other Girl, Kirbs, Stryder. Holy crap, man. "But if that happens again..." She turned to guildmate and frowned. "I'm a part of the guild, too! So send me a message or something, dummy. I'd want to know if my guildmates are in danger, you know? Even if I can't help, I'll drag someone who can! Got it?"

(Somewhere in the higher floors, Claude sneezed out of his stealth).

But she wasn't mad. She assured him that with one of her signature smiles. 

"So you were already there? What, you could have told me, you know?" Arabelle shook her head and laughed as she followed him to the <<Garden>>. She checked her surroundings, coming up with a blank. "Would have spared you the walk. Hey, speaking of slimes, how's Mr. Fluffy doing?"

Spoiler

ID: 119376 | LD: 9

Edited by Arabelle

Dustin smiles at the mention of Mr. Fluffy, he pats her on the head and pushes her away. “I’ll bring you next time I find him. By the way, Mr. Fluffy isn’t good, the others are bullying him, not letting him eat.” Dustin explains as he walks back to the Garden. His hands wrap around a bale of hay and he puts it in his inventory, taking another and throwing it up on his shoulder. The weight is so different from the real world it’s kinda weird that he didn’t have to struggle to heave this thing around all day.

Dustin often carried two bales of hay from here to his house and he never used his inventory. This time though, he puts them both in his inventory so he can spend some time with his best pal. “I gotta feed the little guy in his own little enclosure so the others don’t steal his food.” He chuckles as he steps back into the garden and looks around, not spotting anything and turning back to Arabelle. “Anyways, how has your day been so far?” He asks kindly.

Spoiler

ID: 119459

LD: 3 (fail)

Edited by Dustin

She never really knew what to think when people gave her headpats. On the good side, it felt nice and fluffy and was probably one of the cutest things to see someone doing to her. On the not-so-good side, it made her feel like a kid or something. 

Arabelle was nineteen!

"You better, or it'll be a lot worse than me yelling at you next time," the small purple-haired girl mumbled as she placed a gloved hand atop his. She turned red when he used his hold on her head to push her away. Like she was someone's annoying kid who everyone was obligated to act nice towards or something. 

It was an affectionate gesture that was much-appreciated - and also not. Arabelle, what.

"Awww. Why not permanently keep him in his own enclosure?" Whatever the case, Arabelle was now skipping alongside Dustin to keep pace with his larger steps as they both headed for the <<Garden>>. Somehow, the two had - to some degree - gotten attached to a creature that was literally every game's beginner trash mob with the only difference being that it was smaller than the rest. Living in a game for three years sure did a lot of weird things.

They arrived at the <<Garden>> and as she looked around for materials, he asked her how her day was going.

Arabelle saw the opportunity. Arabelle took the opportunity.

"Boring. I did my daily crafts this morning and somehow, they both failed." Then came the part where she deactivated her <<Detection>> to turn to him with a sweet smile. "I can't say the same now that you're around though."

Spoiler

ID: 119628 | LD: 4

Edited by Arabelle

Dustin chuckles at her suggestion as he leans up against a tree, pulling out a small plate with a cake on it as he takes a bite. “Slimes while simple are social creatures, they need to be in groups or else they get depressed.” He cuts a small piece off the cake and eats it. “Besides, I wouldn’t want to stunt his growth.” His plate and cake disappear into his inventory and he walks towards Arabelle. “Slimes aren’t too different from people in that manner. They need social interaction and if they don’t have any it can negatively affect their health.”

AAH! Dustin? What the hell are you saying? That’s a weird thing to say! By golly I hate you. He laughs off the incredibly awkward statement before she responds with how her day was boring but now it wasn’t because of Dustin. “Well, I appreciate the sentiment but I tend to be a lot less fun than most think.” He smiles softly in response to her sweet smile. “Anyways, I know a spot not too far from here where we can cool off. I’ll show you after you get what you need though.” He looks around, picking a spot and sitting down.

"You really know your slime lore, huh?" Now within the confines of the <<Garden>>, her attention was divided between searching for materials and her friend. Though admittedly, she leaned more on the latter. "Makes me feel like I'm not taking enough care of my familiar~. Oh hey, did I ever tell you I had one?" She spun around and tucked her hands behind her back, recalling the day she randomly met a nice frontliner who accompanied her on her familiar quest... then proceeded to call her a Disney princess when she'd tamed her crow. "He's a crow, named Moondust. Friendly with players and has a weird fear of other familiars. I'm trying to make it so that he attacks scary things instead of flying away."

She was not making progress on that. Whatever, she had her full build without it anyway.

"Well, true. Being alone is the worst," Arabelle agreed, not noticing her friend's brief moment of embarrassment. Normally she would, but not when she was glaring down at a bush from which the small purple-haired girl swore she'd just saw a blue glow from. Why was it that she had worse chances when she was in the <<Garden>> of all places? She'd found materials outside just fine. She returned to Dustin. "Yeah, I think you need to," she looked him up and down, then averted her gaze and feigned innocence, "Cool off. And so do I. So where is it?"

Spoiler

ID: 120073 | LD: 3

Edited by Arabelle

Dustin laughs a little as she explains her pet crow. “Ah, just like Odin’s spies. They always run away rather than stay and fight. They’re ravens but still.” He chuckles, looking at the ground and then back towards her. “Huginn and Muninn are the two best spy birds out there.” He smiles like a child thinking of all the stories his father had told him over the few years he knew him. They were great stories, Thor would fight Jörmungandr because of the fight they had before. How Loki the god of mischief was the father of so many magnificent things this world has. “My pops used to tell me stories of the mighty Thor. Prince of Asgaard.” He explains and then she makes her comment about him needing to cool off.

”What’s that supposed to mean?” He asks. The nerve on her. He smiles, leaning down towards her face with his as he tells her a secret. “Maybe it’s just an excuse to see you in a bikini.” He chuckles and backs up, finding a spot to sit on the ground and enjoy another piece of cake.

"Mm, that does make it seem better," Arabelle said with an approving nod. So her crow wasn't a useless, cowardly familiar anymore; it was a familiar that thinks it had the role of a cool Norse mythology raven. "But as nice as it sounds, I don't need a spy. My build only wants a damage dealer." She could do all the spying by herself, thank you very much! If it was anything like the movies, spies gave off total badass vibes; she wasn't about to relegate that job to her familiar. 

Priorities, priorities. Still, by some weird force of nature, she couldn't seem to banish that idea from her head. 

The small purple-haired girl spun around, tilting her head at the mention of the familiar name. "Ah, so that's what it meant! You know, I've met a player who runs around with Huginn as their username. Quiet guy, had his unrequited love issues. That aside, I guess you're not the only guy who's into Norse mythology in here. As for me..." She accentuated her pause with a quick glance around for materials. Turning back to him, she admitted with a laugh, "I doubt the superhero movies have the most accurate information."

Following after him, she smirked at his visible confusion only to give off a small hint of her own as he approached her and leaned close. Arabelle didn't back away though, simply blinking back up at him with curious brown eyes and an otherwise carefully neutral expression. Then he whispered - and as he backed away, she giggled. "My, my, how forward of you to state that directly. But now that you've come out and said it, I supposed I could say that I'd also use that as an excuse to see you without a shirt on?" The small purple-haired girl stepped closer to where he was seated and waved her finger in the air with a smug smile. "I can't be the only one losing clothes. That's unfair! This isn't one of those anime where only the girl is allowed to shine for fanservice reasons, you know? Girls need eye candy to survive, too! Why is it that anime producers hardly ever understand that?"

Something something demographic something.

Kidding aside, she was rather curious what this spot was. Despite having stared at its map for god-knows-how-many times, Arabelle still wasn't the best at navigating Floor 1's zones outside of the places she usually visited, like this <<Garden>>.

"So I guess it's a river or some kind of lake then?"

Spoiler

ID: 120388 | LD: 7

Edited by Arabelle

I forgot they made superhero movies about them. He smiles as she then explains how she would use the opportunity to see him without a shirt, turning a bit red in the cheeks himself and pulling his hood up over his face to hide it. “So what? Not like you’d be the first.” He says, thinking for a moment and explaining further. “Girl to see me shirtless I mean. After all, there was that one beach party.” Chuckling, the boy takes another bite of his cake, the white frosting getting on his upper lip, as he wipes it away.

”I feel bad eating in front of you, here, take this.” He tosses a cupcake.

”You’ll have to wait and see what it is. If I told you it’d ruin the surprise.” He grins mischievously, knowing full well the surprise was all this place had going for it other than pure natural beauty. “I will tell you this, if you like pretty things you’ll love this place.” He smiles innocently.

"My, my. How scandalous!" Before he managed to explain himself, Arabelle had already brought a gloved hand to her lips with a dramatic gasp. She quickly assessed her surroundings and took a step back, mumbling to herself in a voice that was just about loud enough for him to hear, if he listened closely. "Dustin is... Dustin isn't-- hm, hm, I can't say I expected it."

Then he explained.

"Ah, is that so?" And Arabelle dropped the joke. Then she realized the somewhat relieved note that had slipped into her voice and her expression almost mirrored Dustin's embarrassed blush. Passing it off with a smirk, she turned back to the boy and caught the cupcake he'd tossed her way. She wasn't sure whether she should feel pleased he trusted her with his food that much or a bit bothered at his rather flippant handling of his sweets. Like... he was just throwing them at her at this point. "That one beach party, you say? I've been to a few, guess I wasn't invited to that one. Otherwise, I wouldn't possibly have forgotten."

She tilted her head to the side curiously, gauging his reaction.

"Who wouldn't like pretty things?" Giving a dismissive wave to the rest of the <<Garden>>, the small purple-haired girl held out a gloved hand to Dustin. "Let's go to that place. I'm not having any successes here, and frankly, your making it a big secret just makes me want to see it sooner!"

Spoiler

ID: 120611 | LD: 

Edited by Arabelle

Dustin smiles as he stands up, putting his cake into his inventory and grabbing Arabelle by the wrist. “Then let’s go.” He smiles brightly as he gently pulls her and starts running towards the secret area. Opening his map, Dustin looks closely at the wooded area and tries to remember exactly where his favorite spot was. It’s been a while, but I think I still remember where it was. He chuckles as he reaches the wooded area and recognizes the path from there on out. His legs carried him over the distance with ease, but he forgot he had to keep Arabelle steady so she could hold her cupcake. “[censored], sorry.” He slows down to a walk, blushing and letting go of her wrist.

While they were in the woods, Dustin had no idea what to say. Partly because he was overthinking the whole grabbing her wrist thing, and partly because he was trying to figure out if he was on the right path. His hand rests on a tree as he stops and holds his hand up signaling for her to stop. “Now, if I’m gonna take you in here, we have to be dressed for the occasion.” The breeze picks up as Dustin peers around the tree to see if anyone is in the clearing, and he grabs Arabelle’s wrist again, pulling and letting go really quickly, spinning her into a beautiful area. Colorful flowers riddled the ground, a small pond placed just slightly off center and a large rock placed on the edge of the pond.

Dustin’s hands come down and remove his sweatshirt and under shirt as he throws them on a branch and runs through. Mid jump his clothes change into swimming trunks and he falls right into the water making a large splash. Moments later he comes back out of the water and onto the land like he had fallen onto a bed of nails. “AH AH! IT’S COLD! IT’S COLD!” Shouting as he crawls over to where Arabelle was and just lays in the grass.

Dustin went and pulled her along by the wrist. Oh my. Arabelle allowed herself to be dragged along with him, ashen eyes affixed to his armored hand on hers. She skipped to keep pace with his larger steps and giggled at his excitement, attempting to slowly and subtly slide her wrist out of his grip and turn her hand around so she would instead be holding--

He noticed. Dropping her hand, he cursed and quickly apologized. "Hehhh?" Arabelle stopped beside him and inched closer. "Hey Dustin, are you blushing?" But really, she didn't have to ask. That much was evident from his expression alone. She skipped forward, regarding him thoughtfully with a knowing smirk. "Mhm, it's all good. Though I'd have to suggest... if you want to hold a girl's hand, you better do it properly! Don't pretend you didn't want to and when all goes well, why even bother to apologize? Hm, hm, confidence is key!"

But he was probably too flustered to take her advice. Just a moment after, he had his hand around her wrist again and before she could complain, he spun her around and sent her past a line of trees and into a bright clearing.

Arabelle brought up a gloved hand as she momentarily adjusted to the sudden flood of bright light. Blinking a few times, she curiously looked around the place her guildmate liked so much. Green grass riddled with colorful flowers took up most of the area, and serving as the main attraction was a small pond. "Woww. It really is pretty! I guess I can even say that I trust in your sense of beauty." The small purple-haired girl was practically starry-eyed as she pranced further into the clearing and spun around to take in the area from a different perspective.

It was definitely a place she wouldn't have found herself; Dustin's clearing was slightly off from the path she normally traveled. Arabelle made a mental note to open her map and mark it down later.

For now though, she made no attempt to hide her ogling as Dustin took off his shirt and jumped straight into the water. Arabelle flicked through her options and trailed after him, laughing as he quickly resurfaced with complaints about the water's temperature.

"Well, cool off you did." 

She came to a stop beside him. "What do you think?" At her words, Dustin would look up to see that she had changed out of her battle attire though she left her scythe materialized and resting on the ground near her position. Arabelle placed a gloved hand on her hip and smiled innocently, toying with the edge of her white jacket's zipper with her free hand. The front was left open to reveal the frilly green bikini she wore underneath. "Don't tell anyone, but I do like the color green a lot."

Then she turned her head to the side and tugged on the edges of her jacket, satisfied with flaunting herself to a (probably) impressed audience. Walking over to the edge of the lake, she dipped her feet into the water. Then, her legs. "Actually feels kind of good if you take it slowly," the small purple-haired girl sighed in satisfaction. She remained silent, relaxing for a few moments. And before everything could turn quiet and boring, she kicked a leg upwards and splashed Dustin.

"That's both ends of the deal satisfied. You look lovely, by the way."

Spoiler

ID: 120954 | LD: 2

Edited by Arabelle

Dustin’s eyes turn up and see the girl he had brought to his favorite spot in the whole game, but something was different this time. Her clothes weren’t the school girl military outfit she always wore. She was... hot. In a not-so-surprising turn of events, she asks him what he thinks, and he opens his mouth but no words escape. She had literally made Dustin speechless. “That’s understandable, you’re a pretty colo- green’s a pretty color.” Speaking on the fly always got Dustin in trouble, sometimes he was thinking about other things while talking about one thing.

This time that was apparent. His mind was on Arabelle, but not the conversation.

He watched as she walked up to the water, slowly stepping in and saying it feels nice. As Dustin pushes himself to his feet she continues to her legs. He smiles as he walks closer, getting ready to push her in the water, but her leg comes up and splashes him with water. Instinctively turning and covering his face, a childish giggle come from his chest. It had been a while since he was able to unwind like this. He charges his strongest sword art, running into the water a good 20 feet from her. Turning up and slamming against the waters surface, a wave is sent in Arabelle’s direction as Dustin’s eyes fill with awe and he charges behind the wave to make sure everything’s okay if it hits her.

• 3 months later...

The way he stood there with his mouth sort of gaping open did not escape her notice. And neither did his Freudian slip. "Right? I never really understood why people don't wear green as much as the other colors. Maybe they don't like the color itself. Maybe they think it wouldn't look good enough," Arabelle hummed innocently. For a moment, it looked as if she would let that pass without comment, then she met his eyes with a knowing smile. "Well? All that and no comment about how it actually looked? That's no good, Dustin~. Girls don't like it when all their showing off goes without compliment. So? Do you..." --She teasingly played with the edge of her jacket - the only thing covering for the rest of her daringly revealing outfit - with a gloved hand. -- "like what you see...?"

She giggled and splashed Dustin in the face. Then her mirth faded when his bare fists started to glow with the accumulated energy of a Sword Art. 

Uh oh--

Was Arabelle's last thought before she was unceremoniously hit with the full force of a wave. She resurfaced, coughing out water and glaring at the culprit. Her ribbon had been tugged free, leaving her purple hair loose and sticking to the sides of her face. That was mildly annoying. How was she supposed to fix her hair? When she turned back to Dustin though, her eyes glinted mischievously. 

"Using a Sword Art in a water fight? That's unfair..." Her scythe appeared in one hand and ignited with the bright green aura of a Sword Art - aimed directly at the water between them. "But if you did it, that gives me the pass to do it too!"

She laughed as she spun in midair and landed, the full force of her Sword Art hitting the water's surface and sending a wave back to Dustin.

Spoiler

ID128302 | LD: 1

Edited by Arabelle
  • 11 months later...

~~~

She’d waded out of the pond when they were done playing, water dripping from her loosened purple hair, overall feeling a little refreshed. That had been a nice distraction, but her mind had started to wander back to the shop she wanted to run. If there was anything she’d had a sort of yearning for back on the other side, it was to play the piano. Unimpeded. So she changed back into her regular attire and bade Dustin goodbye, reminding him to come over to her shop later; she still had that promise to fulfill.

The company would be… appreciated.

Alone, Arabelle let her thoughts wander. The girl walked with her ashen eyes absently trained on her surroundings. It was only when she paused to consciously squeeze the remaining droplets of water out of her hair that she noticed the grass by her feet had taken some shine to it. 

Spoiler

Searching: T1 materials
ID: 172909 | LD: 13 [+1]

Total: 4

Lucky! With the toe of her boot, she nudged the blades of grass aside, flattening them. Her latest find was… two shiny prisms. She picked them off the ground, dusted one off, and raised it to eye level, peering up at the vibrant light that she seemed to hold between her fingers. This was a decent start, right?

A small dismissive flick of her hand summoned an inventory window, into which she dropped her crystals. Then Arabelle spun around, the menu disappearing at the sudden movement, and when she looked around in search of another place of immediate interest, she found her attention constantly drawn back to the trail she’d followed to get here. 

The way back to her tidy little shop. 

It was only a show she put on for herself; Arabelle tilted back her head to watch the soft breeze whispering through the trees above. And pretending that she hadn’t seen the telltale auras just over her head, she started back down the path.

Spoiler

Searching: T1 materials
ID: 172910 | LD: 11 [+1]

Total: 5

| F11: TAFT.

Her current base was a little too far from the teleporter than was to her liking. Or perhaps she hadn't had a problem with it before, and her current dull state just made the fifteen-minute walk unbearable. Had she the liberty of using those [Teleport Crystals] whenever she pleased, Arabelle would have spared herself the trouble without a second thought.

She let the door fall back into its frame with a heavy slam behind her and flicked on the lights. Unceremoniously tossing her coat onto the balustrade, she forwent the stairs completely and landed on the floor beneath with a soft thud.

Arabelle: Sugar?
Arabelle: Raincheck.
Arabelle: I realized classical might not appeal to you, so how about you send me your favorite songs and I'll try to find music sheets for those instead?

Sinking into the cushion of her sofa, the girl pondered for a moment--

Arabelle: I like to make sure my audience never leaves unsatisfied.

--And now that that was handled, she was going to have some tea.

Spoiler

Searching: Treasure Chest
ID: 172911 | LD: 7 [fail]

Spoiler

Thread closed. Converted to SP midway for inactivity.

@Arabelle

• 2 SP
  • 400 COL
  • 5 T1 MATERIALS

@Dustin

• 2 SP