[SP-F1] To Become an Artisan <<Earning a Living>>(Artisan)

(I guess sometimes if you want a quest done, do it yourself...)

Dazia was ready to speak with the NPC Artisan who might be able to teach her in the ways of crafting. Dazia came up to the door of the shop, entered the building. "Malachi Ringly, I hear you can teach me how to be an Artisan." The NPC Artisan seemed to be in a rush. "Finally, got that done- Oh hello, what do you want? Oh! You want to learn how to be an Artisan? I'm on a very tight schedule, but I suppose I can take time out of it to help you, but you must be a quick learner." Dazia would be fine with this, for she was known to be an intelligent person. She followed him to the back, and saw all the gemstones sparkling in the light that came through. Malachi noticed that Dazia was looking at them, and he considered actually teaching her. "Listen, I can spare sometime to help you out, watch me very carefully, I will only do this once." He reached for a gemstone in a specific bin, but it was empty. "What! I'm about to be behind schedule! What am I going to d- You! If you want to learn about being an Artisan, go out and get me five materials for my crafts. And Hurry!" "A-alright, alright! Don't stress yourself, I'm going to get them now!" She walked out of the building, and started towards the safe zone's edge. She knew of a small cavern in the floor that had a fair amount of gemstones to be found, so that would be her destination.

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  13
HP:  260
EN:  26
DMG:  6(Rapier Rank 3[+3], Rapier of Wrath[+2])

MIT: 24(Ombra del Corvo, Light Armor rank 1)

ACC: 1(Rapier of Wrath)

EVA: 1(Ombra del Corvo)

Items:

Rapier of Wrath(2 DMG, 1 ACC)

Ombra del Corvo(2 MIT, 1 EVA)

Welded Locket(2 LD)

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 3

Light Armor Rank 1(+5 Mitigation)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She had been in this town long enough to know some shortcut routes, so it wasn't long before she left the safe zone. She passed by the several players who were obviously low level, for they kept themselves near the gate. Of course, these players were none of her business at the moment. She would continue on, pull the cowl over her head, and refer to her map, heading in a direction that would lead her to the cavern, which she had marked the location of on said map. "I'll be there before long. Hmm, I wonder how Yinangi's doing, training with that informant she found...I don't see why she trusts her, but then again, I wasn't the one who met her." She thought aloud. However, when she got close, she was near the forests, and something didn't seem right... She looked towards the forest. It was unusually quiet at the moment. Dazia rushed over to the forest, drawing out her blade. A shocked orange player would come out of hiding and flee. Either he didn't think he was strong enough, or was simply spying on her. Either way, she'd startled him into a panic. The player disappeared deeper into the forest. Since that wasn't her destination, she simply shook her head and left, continuing on for the cavern.

ID# 121075 LD: 14+2=16(Success, spotted stealthed player)

Edited by Dazia

It was about ten more minutes before she reached the cavern. Now being there at last, she pulled out a one-handed pick from her inventory, and kept her eye out for anything that sparkled. The entryway was completely lit by the opening, so she wouldn't have that much trouble. The only things she seemed to find were objects that wouldn't be useful to an artisan. she also noticed that there were some indents in the cavern. Someone either was here, or had been here already. A scowl formed on Dazia's face. She looked around the entryway room, finding absolutely nothing. The only item she could potentially have use for would be a lump of coal. It wasn't an artisan material, but if she could attach it to the large stick she had found earlier...her scowl faded, for she now had an idea on how to progress within the cavern without hindered vision.

ID# 121076 LD: 2+2=4(Nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia pulled out a stick and a long rag. she used the rag to tie the coal onto the stick. It should burn for some time, as the rag wasn't thin enough to burn off quickly, either. She managed to light the torch, and she would hold it in her right hand, the pick being held in her left. She would progress into the cavern, once again keeping an eye out for the sparkle of gemstones. She wouldn't find anything in this tunnel. When she entered one of the cavern "rooms", she would see a message appear on her menu.

To: Dazia

Subject: Valna

Hey Dazia! Just wanted to let you know that training is going smoothly! We just took out this big Batlike thing, and Valna got plenty of loot from it! She shared some of the col with me, so I should be able to cover for tonight's stay at the inn!

-Yinangi

ID# 121078 LD: 7+2=9(nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia read the message, and decided to reply.

To: Yinangi

I can't guarantee that it will be necessary. I am working towards becoming an artisan as we speak, so with any luck, assuming I have time, we may be sleeping under a roof that is all our own. By the way, you mentioned someone by the name of Valna. Is that the informant you found, and are training with?

-Dazia

Not too long after she sent the message, she received a reply.

To: Dazia

She sure is! Nice to know that you're close to becoming an artisan and getting a shop! Valna wishes you luck as well!

-Yinangi

Dazia assumed the conversation would end there. She looked into the room of the cavern that she had entered. No sign of gemstones or valuable ores at the current moment. She would need to walk into the room if she was to find anything. Hopefully a scout didn't clear out the cave.

ID# 121086 LD: 2+2=4(nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia continued her search. She didn't seem to be seeing anything at the moment. She even double checked and triple checked, but there was still nothing around this particular room. "There's a scout getting in my way. I'll find that basta-" The thoughts she was speaking aloud were interrupted by the sparkle of a gemstone, in sight from one of the natural archways. She ran over towards it, but upon hearing a sudden rumble, she slowed down. The natural archway collapsed, and a few large stones falling on Dazia, dealing minor damage. She got herself out of the mess, and tried using her pick to destroy the stones that blocked the way. Upon doing so, the only thing that would happen would be that the words <<Immortal Object>> would appear in front of her. She tried again, and again, and again, all ending with the same result, save for the fact that Dazia was now really frustrated. "Argh, damn it!"

ID# 121087 LD: 1

(I am now pissed off by the LD.)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia continued trying to chip away at the stones but to no avail. In frustration, she pounded her fist onto one of the blocking stones, giving up on the now blocked passage. Instead of <<Immortal Object>>, what would appear was, <<Martial Arts Required>>. That was it. She needed the martial arts skill if she was ever going to get through. She didn't have enough time for that, nor would trying to chip away at the blockage any further be good for her energy. She looked around the room, and noticed there were two other passages she could have gone through. Hopefully any scout that was here hadn't gone through these two passages yet, and was trapped in the now blocked passage. She saw the glimmer of a topaz in the passage, and she unearthed the gemstone with all due haste. She began to think that she had some competition disrupting her gathering.

ID# 121088 LD: 18+2=20(Found 1 T1 material)

(Accidentally double rolled, used first roll's result)

Edited by Dazia

After seizing the topaz, Dazia continued down the passage. It turned out to be mostly empty. Chances were, the topaz may have been overlooked by the scout that might be getting in her way. "I'm getting tired of this..." There was no one in sight, and yet all these gemstones that were supposed to be around were gone. She made sure to go in the morning, so that the cavern's materials would have been refreshed. She knew that she needed to take a quest in order to receive a profession, so she made sure she knew of a good place to find the materials she would potentially need. Someone was getting in her way. If it was on purpose, she would make the culprit pay... "If I find that bastard, he won't be getting off easy... I'm not about to be stalled by some competitor who probably knows little on how to fight! If he gets in my way again..." The expression on Dazia's face would cause nearly anyone some concern...

ID# 121090 LD: 2+2=4(nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia entered another "cavern room", and already she saw the sparkle of some valuable ore. She pulled out the pick and unearthed some silver ore. When properly smelted, it could be used as an artisan material. Therefore she had use for it. The rooms seemed to be mostly empty, so did the scout leave, were they not finished yet, or did they simply overlook some of these materials? Whoever was getting in her way, she had the feeling that she might encounter them soon. If she did, she would have some words for him...that little nuisance. For now, she needed to focus on collecting as many gemstones as she could, and then return to Malachi Ringly, so she could learn to be an artisan. "So I currently have found two, I need at least three more, although I wouldn't mind finding more..." She noticed there was nothing left in the current cavern room, so she decided to move on to the next one.

ID# 121091 LD: 15+2=17(Found 1 T1 material)

Materials found: 2/5 required materials gathered.

Edited by Dazia

Dazia checked the durability of her pick. So far, it was halfway broken. She would need to have the tool repaired by a blacksmith later on, but until its durability gets too low, she could still use it. She saw the sparkle of a ruby, and she unearthed it quickly with the one-handed pick. that was three materials, she now needed at least two more. She heard the sound of footsteps, and she ran towards the sound, going along the cavern in the direction of the sound. She would eventually stop in a cavern room that no one was in, and the sound of footsteps was nowhere to be heard. Whoever that was, possibly the potential scout, had gotten away. "Damn, I lost him." Nothing more to do but look around and see if there was anything around... If that scout was around, they were definitely getting on Dazia's nerves.

ID# 121094 LD: 17+2=19(Found 1 T1 material)

Materials found: 3/5 required materials gathered.

Edited by Dazia

Dazia looked around this room, and she found a chunk of valuable ore that was of a fair size, it could be made into a necklace or brace. She pulled out her pick and began chipping away at the stone until she obtained the chunk of gold ore. Now that she was finding more materials, she might be ready to leave at any given time. Of course, she would not, for she did not want to leave any spot unchecked for anything she might be able to use, with that pesky scout running about. She might do something about this...but at this point, it would have to depend on future situations. Maybe she could look into the matter further. "Well, at least Yinangi is doing better, having a scout working alongside her, rather than against her...this pesky scout is turning out to be quite the nuisance...that is, whenever they're not overlooking something, I guess..." She thought aloud to herself.

ID# 121097 LD: 19+2=21(Found 1 T1 material)

Materials found: 4/5 required materials gathered.

Edited by Dazia

Dazia saw the sparkle of an emerald, and walked over to unearth it. When the gemstone was released, it fell to the ground before she could catch it, and then the sound of footsteps returned, closer than ever. Dazia turned around to see the same orange player from before swipe the emerald away before she could grab it. "Hey!" The orange scout turned to flee, and Dazia swapped out the pick for her rapier, the torch still in her right hand. She chased the scout for about fifteen minutes, going along emptied cavern halls, until she cornered him into a room that was lit by torches that players must have set up. So the pesky scout was camping here, to take any and all materials for himself... Now Dazia had more than enough reason to oppose this nuisance. "Alright you damn camper, what's with this whole thing? You take any materials that you don't overlook, even if someone else was about to get it! I've wasted time looking around empty walls because of you! What do you have to say for yourself?"

ID# 121099 LD: 10+2=12(nothing found, or, in this case, collected)

Edited by Dazia

The scout's hood fell off, revealing his face. He scowled and spat in front of Dazia. "I've got nothing to say to you, bi*ch." Now angered, Dazia was ready to take this pest out. She placed her torch down in a hole where it would not only fit, but stay lit. Upon doing so, she rushed in to attack the orange scout. The player was expecting that, and he blocked her attack, causing combat to officially begin. She saw the name of her target, and vice versa. Aldinago's eyes widened slightly at the sight of her name, but Dazia had yet to figure out why. Dazia was swift to avoid the orange player's counterattack. This might take some time, and she would have to be mindful of the only way out of this cavern room, in case the pesky player ever tries to escape. "Decent block, but we've only just begun."

[Dazia has initiated combat with an orange player, her cursor will not be affected by this battle.]

(Dazia)ID# 121100 BD: 3+1=4(Miss)

(Aldinago)ID# 121101 BD: 3-1=2(Miss)

[G]Dazia: HP 260/260EN 24/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

[O]Aldinago: HP 180/180EN 16/18, | 6 DMG |  6 LD

Aldinago's Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 9

HP: 180

EN: 18

Base DMG: 6

Equipment:

Scavenger's Minor Talon(3 DMG)

Ring of Finding: 3 LD

Scavenger's cloak: 3 LD

Skills:

Dagger Rank 2

Searching Rank 1

Edited by Dazia

Dazia saw that Aldinago didn't run, so he was either being very brave or very stupid. Either way, this would give Dazia another chance to attack. She knew where to strike this time, and her attack couldn't be blocked by that minuscule dagger. Upon seeing his HP drop, Aldinago considered trying to see how much damage he could deal before trying to flee. He attempted to use Fad Edge against her another time, but Dazia saw this coming from a mile away, due to his delayed action. She quickly dodged his attack, and tripped him as well. Dazia positioned herself in front of the room's only exit, as to prevent him from having any escape. "I don't think you'll be able to escape... In fact, the only way you'll be able to leave here alive would be to defeat me. But really, are you even capable of that? By the looks of it, you're just a simple thief, I doubt you'd be good enough to actually make a kill. How did you even get that cursor? I mean, the only way you could have, is if you committed other crimes one too many times, unless you killed a level one player."

(Dazia)ID# 121111 BD: 7+1=8(Hit)

(Aldinago)ID# 121112 BD: 1(Critical miss)

Crucifixion: 6x6=36 damage dealt to Aldinago

[G]Dazia: HP 260/260EN 18/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

[O]Aldinago: HP 144/180EN 14/18, | 6 DMG |  6 LD

Edited by Dazia

Aldinago got up, and he had some words for Dazia. "Who cares what I did? I stole from those who managed to see me, so what? At least I made it this far! If I can survive this battle, I can survive anything! I can pass my initiation without any further tests! I will be a true survivor! ...And all I need to do is kill some angry bi*ch." True survivor? Dazia couldn't help but laugh. "Pfft, a 'True Survivor'? Hahahahaha! Please, you don't seriously think survival is all black and white, do you? No, they don't exist. Life is on a gray scale, so whether or not you're a survivor would depend on your mind, strength, and skill. At the moment, I don't think you seem to have enough of that, punk!" She struck him with a flurry of thrusts in the shape of a cross, the Sword Art Crucifixion. Aldinago's HP was coming close to the yellow, so he had to make a gambit. He approached in a seemingly pathetic manner, then he attacked with all his might. However, that didn't do nearly as much as he hoped. The force of the attack caused Dazia to stumble slightly, but when she looked at her HP, hardly any damage was dealt. Dazia smirked, and Aldinago looked surprised. "Oh, you didn't think I was some defenseless glass cannon, did you?"

(Dazia)ID# 121113 BD: 9+1=10(Critical, +1 base DMG)

(Aldinago)ID# 121114 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

Crucifixion: 7x6=42 damage to Aldinago

Fad Edge: 8x4-23=9 damage

[G]Dazia: HP 251/260EN 12/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

[O]Aldinago: HP 102/180EN 10/18, | 6 DMG |  6 LD

Edited by Dazia

Needless to say, Aldinago would realize he'd gotten himself into a situation that was terrible for him...the hard way. Dazia held that smirk on her face as she attacked Aldinago once again. His HP would drop down to the yellow, near the red. Aldinago tried attacking again, but Dazia figured out how his now predictable attack methods were. "Hmph, beginner." Aldinago wasn't too happy about that. "Shut up you damn bi*ch! You just got lucky!" Dazia found his logic to be absurd. "Seriously now, do you even realize how this game works? You need to be prepared for combat, or you will surely die...which you will, due to your actions. I made myself ready for the inevitable, did you?" Aldinago knew that he wasn't going to win this at the rate things were going, so he considered trying to use the physical force of his attacks to make her stumble, giving him a chance to flee.

(Dazia)ID# 121115 BD: 9+1=10(Critical, +1 base DMG)

(Aldinago)ID# 121116 BD: 4-1=3(Miss)

Crucifixion: 7x6=42 damage to Aldinago

[G]Dazia: HP 251/260EN 6/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

[O]Aldinago: HP 60/180EN 8/18, | 6 DMG |  6 LD

Edited by Dazia

Aldinago was unwilling to admit defeat so pitifully. He wanted to flee, but at this point, not until he made a point. Dazia attempted to attack, but this time, Aldinago managed to avoid the attack, and he did a low sweep to knock her down. He then used the Sword Art known as Fad Edge against her, and was ready to flee. Dazia grabbed his leg, and pulled herself up as Aldinago tried to get back up from his latest stumble caused by his assailant. Dazia positioned herself in the way of the exit, blocking his escape yet again. Aldinago was really getting tired of Dazia's persistence. Especially since she was trying to kill him. "Oh, no you don't." Dazia growled. "I'm not done with you yet." This would become a major issue for Aldinago once more, but Dazia was also running low on energy. However, that wasn't going to stop her, assuming her strategy works.

(Dazia)ID# 121117 BD: 1(Critical miss)

(Aldinago)ID# 121119 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

Fad Edge: 8x4-23=9 damage

[G]Dazia: HP 242/260EN 4/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

[O]Aldinago: HP 60/180EN 4/18, | 6 DMG |  6 LD

Edited by Dazia

The fight reached the point where it would slow down and drag, for Dazia's next attack, although dealing a good amount of damage, would have a mild side effect on Dazia herself. She felt the physical strain get to her, and she felt slightly burdened by the weight of her weapon. She looked to her core stats and saw that she had used up all of her energy. "Damn, I do NOT have time for this! All I needed was a little more, and I would have finished him in my next attack!" Aldinago was worried even more than Dazia, for his HP had dropped to red. He was starting to panic, and all the courage that he had just vanished before him. He saw no hope of getting out alive in this fight, but he still didn't want to die. He had one last hope for survival. Only one.

(Dazia)ID# 121136 BD: 10(Critical, +2 base DMG)

(Aldinago)ID# 121137 BD: 1(Critical Miss)

Quadruple Pain: 8x4=32 Damage to Aldinago

[Out of Energy!]

[G]Dazia: HP 242/260EN 0/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

[O]Aldinago: HP 28/180EN 2/18, | 6 DMG |  6 LD

Edited by Dazia

Aldinago fell to his knees. "P-please, don't kill me! Why did I ever think I could beat you? They never gave me any combative gear other than this damn dagger, and yet they expect me to carry out the test to see whether or not they'll let me in! I never had any hope of winning, I admit it!" Dazia looked at the orange player who had just crumbled before her. "Interesting how you were willing to fight back just a moment ago." She began to regain her energy, and she lifted her weapon, pointing it at Aldinago. "Start talking. Who is 'they'? Did they expect you to get your own combative gear on your own time? What tests do you speak of? Tell me!" Dazia figured that she might extract some potentially useful information from this thief as she recovered her energy, while the foolish orange player was in the middle of his undeniably pathetic display.

[Nothing happens, the combatants rest to regain energy]

[G]Dazia: HP 242/260EN 1/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

[O]Aldinago: HP 28/180EN 3/18, | 6 DMG |  6 LD

"Alright, alright, I-I'll tell you!" Aldinago was willing to explain it all to Dazia, and even steer clear of the guild from this point on, if it meant that she may potentially spare his life. "They are the Corvid Brotherhood! A group of self-proclaimed true survivors! They think of themselves as the crows in comparison to all the others! That they are the ones who will make it, that all others will inevitably fall! You actually piqued their interest once, they spoke of you! They never told me a thing in terms of gear, they just handed me a dagger and a cloak, nothing more! They wanted me to prove to them that I was capable of being a true survivor, so they threw a bunch of tests at me! I was trying for the scavengers' positions, so they gave me tasks having to do with them to complete!" Dazia listened to every word. "Go on."

[Nothing happens, the combatants rest to regain energy]

[G]Dazia: HP 242/260EN 2/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

[O]Aldinago: HP 28/180EN 4/18, | 6 DMG |  6 LD