[PP-19] You Can't Replace Some Things, Huh? <<Feeding Your Enemy>>

There was definitely something off with this floor. Maybe it was the way that everything was strangely peaceful, or maybe it was just Cordelia being her usual paranoid self.

The blonde sighed as she looked down at the bag she had gotten not too long ago-- really, just like, five minutes ago-- and sighed. Maybe this floor was too high for her skill level. Would it even be safe to travel outside of Ralberg alone? She shuddered as a few things came into thought. Well, you only live once, so to hell with those thoughts! 

Cordelia stretched her arms as she looked past the gates of the seemingly peaceful town. Who knows what was out there. Sure, she had done a couple minutes of research on each of the discovered floors so far, but that was pret-ty different from actually going out there alone. 

"You only live once. You only live once," she repeated under her breath as she clicked her heels against the cobbled flooring.

Consumed:

Perfect Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies: 3 LD

@Alec

Alec had grown stagnant on the lower floors he felt a need to spice things up and try something new. Not to be mistaken, Alec got a great sense of pride and self fulfillment from helping those of lower level achieve low level quests and gaining levels. So Alec had woken up this morning and set out for the Nineteenth Floor to see what it had to offer. With his faithful friend and travelling companion Humphrey by his side the nearly six and a half foot tall massive specimen of a man with wide shoulders and a broad muscular chest walked along the streets of what appeared to be rather lavish living conditions. Seemed more like a country club than anything else to him as he walked along with his perpetual scowl firmly affixed to his stern features. As Alec walked along he was forced to stop by a sight before him. A young who either REALLY loved the Wizard of Oz or maybe thought she was in Oz as she began clicking her heals tougher and mumbling 'There's no place like home'. The large man let out a deep low rumble of a laugh at the sight as he spoke in his deep baritone rumble. "Well we certainly ain't in Kansas no mo Dorothy."

Edited by Alec

Cordelia gave the stranger a side glance as she shrugged her shoulders. "My name isn't Dorothy." 

He both looked and sounded American or something like that. Maybe it was some kind of American thing? Maybe? She guessed that Americans were pretty weird, but she's never really formally met any, unless you count a couple of celebrities and CEOs at some galas or something like that. Were all of these westerners this weird?

She sighed to herself once more as she turned to him, tilting her head as she looked up to stare at him in the eyes. "You seem awfully old to be playing a game that was designated for teenagers and young adults," she said bluntly. I mean, it wasn't like she was lying! Seriously! Things were fishy yet again, but then again, maybe she was just being paranoid, or maybe, just maybe, the floor was messing with her head, again. 

"Yeah....." The large man said. "Sorry guess it's before your time but seriously it's a timeless classic. "Dorothy, Toto, Tin Man, Wicked witch? Come on you were tapping your heels together and saying there's no place like home. Serious?!? It's the Wizard of Oz." Alec said slightly baffled that this young woman hadn't picked up on the reference in the slightest. But who knew with kids these days. "Yup. I'm an old guy." Alec responded as if it were not completely obvious. "It's a long story. But in my opinion it's better I'm here than the alternative." The large man offered. "Sorry to have bothered you. I'll just be on my way so as not to bother you further." The large man apologized with a nod of his head as moved to step around the young woman. "Come on Humphrey let's go see what the Nineteenth Floor has to offer." The large man said in his deep baritone rumble as he glanced down to his American black bear cub and motioned for his friend to follow him.

"Wizard of Oz?" She echoed confusingly as she furrowed her eyebrows. She's never heard of it before. 

Odd, indeed. 

"Alternative, huh?" She mumbled, scratching her chin. She didn't really bother asking him what exactly the alternative was and really just shrugged the thought off after a few seconds. It didn't sound as interesting as she thought it would.

"Oh, wait!" She scrambled after the two with a sheepish smile. "Mind if I tag along just for a bit? I'm just looking for a familiar... and I think this floor might be out of my skill range," Cordelia murmured, looking around the area cautiously. 

"There is this one place, though," she chirped, looking up at Alec with an innocent smile. "I heard it's pretty interesting, too," she mumbled out loud, scratching the side of her cheek. Cordelia felt giddy with excitement as she announced where exactly she wanted to go-

"It's a grave!"

"You've never seen the Wizard of Oz?!" The large man asked astounded? "It's a global classic!" Alec said with a confounded shake of his head. Where had this girl lived all her life he thought to himself, everyone knew the Wizard of freaking Oz. Oh well, just let it go old man Alec told himself mentally as he stopped and turned around slightly at get continued comments. "You've started the familiar finding quest?" Alec asked as he turned the rest of the way around to address the young woman. "What sort of Familiar are you looking for? Especially in a grave yard?" The large man asked. "You're not one of those with a weird fixation on death are you? You know dress all in black carry around skulls and such?" The large man asked leaning back slightly. "A goth?" He asked with distaste evident on his face.

“Oh, I see,” she blinked, scratching the side of her cheek confusingly.

Apparently, not global enough.

”I don’t know-“ he cut her off before she could really continue. 

“No,” she said plainly, squinting at him before yawning. “The lower floors a bit bland,” she drawled, crossing her arms over one another. “I thought I would find something more interesting on this floor. I think a familiar that belonged to this floor would be pretty cool, too,” she admitted, frowning to herself. There hasn’t been anything that interesting yet... hopefully that would change soon? I mean, she hasn’t really even been outside the town, so she couldn’t really talk. 

“I am in no means elated to be talking about anything related to death, and black is just a fashion choice,” she mumbled, pulling on her black sleeve. What? It looked cool!

“Plus, it’ll get cold,” she exclaimed, closing her coat tightly with one of her arms. 

"Sure I can travel with you to some spooky creepy graveyard to search for a familiar. But I swear." The larger older man said in his best dad tone as he extended a finger towards the young woman. "If you say we have to wait till midnight, or a full moon or even so much as pull out a ouija board or I hear one verse from Type O Negative I'm packing up this little picnic and marching you right back to the Town of Beginnings and setting you down on the town square." The large man said as he waggled his index finger as the young woman. "I'm not afraid to turn this car around drive straight back home." The large man said. "If that's all good then let's head out and search for your spooky graveyard and the veritable cornucopia familiars just hanging around waiting to get scooped up. Do what're we looking for disembodied head, black cat, vengeful spirit?" The large man asked with a soft playful smile trying to show he was only kidding around and intentionally trying to be mean.

There was really only one thing that really one thing that confused her throughout the whole speech he gave.

"What is Type O Negative?" She muttered under her breath as she scrunched her brows together. This man wasn't making any sense to her. Not at all. 

"- but, uhm. I... don't know? Just for something to help me fight, y'know. I tend to miss... a lot. Maybe something like that could help me out. Just a tad bit," she chuckled to herself, holding up her hand to show just the 'tad bit' she meant. 

"Well, let's get going. The site shouldn't be too far from here, I think. My sources say that, anyway. I've never really been to this floor before," she admitted, scratching the side of her cheek sheepishly. "I've just kind of teleported to each floor for fun but that was really it."

Off we go! She marched forward, out of the town and into the dark beyond!

Alec fell into step beside the young woman with a soft low chuckle. "It's ok. If you've never seen the Wizard of Oz then there's no way I'd expect you to know about a goth music band from the early 2000s." The large man offered with a soft smile and a gentle laugh. "So, you're looking for an Accuracy Familiar then? Something with good eyesight? Not a Damage  Familiar like most damage dealers look for?" The large man asked just trying to ensure he knew exactly what it was they were looking for as they walked along. "I understand your pain and frustration at missing attacks." The large man offered sympathetically. "That's why my Battle plan involves just letting my opponents hit me till they get tired and die from it." The heavily muscled Tank offered with a soft chuckle. "It's what works best for me. Maybe not you. But I like it."

Cordelia shrugged her shoulders as she hummed to herself.

"Exactly. Something that could give me any kind of battle awareness would be great for me," she confirmed, crossing her arms together as she daydreamed about her future familiar.

"I'm not like most damage dealers," she mused, smiling to herself. "I focus more on inflicting status effects and not on actual damage. I suppose the front lines already have enough of that. I'm not really the type of person to do support or tank builds either, so this is just what I'm going for at the moment," she explained, tilting her head from side to side cheerfully. 

"Rapiers aren't really the best damage dealing weapon either, but I find it a pret-ty graceful weapon," she cooed, chuckling to herself. "It's awfully light as well. I don't think I'd be able to carry a weapon like a war hammer or a battle axe."

Alec smiled at the young woman's comments. To each their own he thought to himself as he gently moved his arms around one with his razor sharp saw bladed shield attached to it, the other with his double headed Forearm Axe affixed there. Everyone had to fight with and how they were most comfortable that was for sure. "Sounds like yourself all figured out." The large man offered with a smile and a nod of respect. "I can get behind that completely." He said with respect in his voice. "So we're looking for a Familiar with great eyesight, in a graveyard. Birds have good eyesight and crows are incredibly smart. They have facial recognition and used to point out deer for us when we'd go hunting back home. So that's an option but spiders have what like hundreds of little eyes so they've got to see well right?" The large man offered as he gazed off brainstorming. "Oh, then there's snakes. They don't see so well but they taste with their tongues so guess that would help them pick out targets better. Worms are out since they're completely blind. Hmm. I don't know. What sounds good to you?" The large man asked snapping back to reality and blinking as he refocused on the young awaiting her opinion and decision.

"I'm not sure. I never really liked the idea of having an insect as my familiar, though," she shuddered, her whole body shaking.

"I like birds, though. I had a few birds growing up. I actually based my name off of one of them. She was a cute little blue parakeet," she cooed, smiling at the distant memories. 

"That reminds me," she mumbled, pulling out an item from her inventory. "I should probably apply this before I find that familiar."

A few taps of her fingers and a bottle of green liquid appeared in front of her.

"It's made of frog legs," she said distastefully, opening the lid of the bottle and taking a few sniffs. She recoiled a bit and sighed. "Thank the stars I don't have to drink it. It is a salve, though. I suppose I just... put it on me?" Cordelia asked to herself, rolling up one of her sleeves to look at her bare and thin arm. 

"Alright, here it goes," she sighed, pressing her finger against the bottle before tipping it upside down. Without spilling, she tipped it back around and held out her finger, smearing it the green liquid along her arm with a shudder. "Oh, poo. This is disgusting."

- [1] Pheromones: +1 CD when taming your familiar.

As the young woman opened a container and began applying it to her exposed skin the large heavily muscled Tank began making gagging noises and holding his hand over his nose and mouth. "Eh gad! It's horrible! It smells like dirty feet." The large man exclaimed. "It's made from frog legs you say? Be careful it doesn't give you warts." Alec said as the young woman continued to dab the horrid concoction onto her skin. "We need to find your familiar as fast as possible because I'm not sure how long I can handle that smell." The large man said as he accessed his Battle Ready Items and pulled out his Luck Stone. With his Luck Stone in hand the large man turned to the young woman holding the clear stone with the four leaf clover held within between his thumb and fore finger. "This is a loan only." The large man stressed slowly. "Last time I loaned one of these out they never gave it back. This my Luck Stone and it helps you find missing or hidden items by boosting your Luck." The large man explained. "Once you find your familiar I want this back. Ok?" Alec asked as he held out the Luck Stone to the young woman. "Loan only. Not.....for.....keeps. Ok?"

Cordelia took the stone gratefully and gave Alec a big ol' smile.

"Thank you, it means a lot from me," she said warmly, clutching the stone between her palms.

Fluttering of wings made Cordelia's ears perk. "I think one's coming this way!" She squealed, her onyx eyes searching the dark skies. 

"I think I see it," she gaped, narrowing her eyes at the small black shadow that danced through the sky elegantly. "It;s so pretty," she cooed, placing her hands on her cheeks. She was too infatuated with the bird that she didn't realize that it was currently swooping down at her, it's tiny little claws baring at her. "I think I'm going to name him- Ack!"

She fell back on to the ground as she bird latched itself on to her blonde hair. "Oh my stars, my hair!" She shrieked fumbling to get the black bird out of her long hair. After a few more seconds of just... well, dying, she finally managed to get the bird out of her now tangled hair. 

"Holy, you are definitely something, mister," she commented, holding the bird out in front of her as it flapped it's wings uncontrollably.

ID: 123092

LD: 11+3+3= 17

The large heavy muscled Tank let out a deep boisterous full bodied laugh at the young woman and her situation, seeing as how she in no way hurt or in danger. "You've done it Cordelia." The large man pronounced in his deep baritone rumble. "You've named the bird there's no going back no and take backs. This bird is named Mr. Ack. It's bad luck to change a familiars name. They'll resent you and rebel against you for life if you do. Sheesh Humphrey here's full name is Humphrey Bear-gart. You know like the famous actor Humphrey Bogart. Like from Casablanca? But if you didn't know Wizard of Oz you probably never heard of Casablanca either I guess. Well let's see what you got lil miss take that bird. Some need soft words done need a firm hand. It all depends on the familiar and their temperament." The large man exclaimed as he kept his distance so as not to interfer.

Cordelia sighed in relief when the raven finally calmed the heck down. "There, there," she cooed, smiling softly to herself. "Ah, right!" She exclaimed, fishing out the bag of food that the old lady gave to her. "What do they eat again?" Cordelia muttered to herself as she searched through the bag. 

They eat grain, right? Right! She scooped out a small handful of grain and held it out to the raven. Stars hypothetically formed in her eyes as the bird graciously pecked away at her hand.

"I did dun it!" She cheered, grinning at both the bird and Alec. "Thanks, I wouldn't have really been able to do it without you. Er-- did we ever give introductions? I'm Cordelia, by the way," she said sheepishly, holding out her free hand to him.

"His name is not going to be Mr. Ack!" She huffed, looking back over to the raven. "I want to give him a really good name. What about Pacco Pacarro the Third?"

ID: 123093

CD: 10+1=11, Tamed!

Alec smiled as he watched the young woman as did her best not to freak out about the bird that intertwined with her hair. Slowly and easily the young woman dislodged the thrashing cawing bird from her tangled hair finally hiding the animal in her hands as it fidgeted in her hands till she moved a small amount of grain from the old Gypsy woman's pouch and offered  it to the bird. Now it was time to name the animal. Alec only hoped she chose right. He had heard errant rumors about Player's Familiars going rogue if a wrong name were chosen or even worse if the name was changed after decided. The large heavily muscled man crossed his fingers and waited with baited breath to see what would happen next. She had tamed the creature but would it accept her and her choice of name or reject her outright? Only time would tell.

The raven simply let out a caw as her quickly traveled up Cordelia's arm, perching himself on her shoulder. "I- I think he likes!" She exclaimed, standing up feebly as she looked up at Alec with an excited grin. 

"Oh, this is going to be so awesome!" She said, balling her fists with excitement. "Me and Pacco are going to do so many exciting things, right Pacco?" She asked, tilting her head to look at her newfound familiar.

Well, let's just say Pacco wasn't as expressive as she wanted him to be, but she didn't judge, it's not like birds had a wide range of facial expressions anyway. 

Something strange caught her eye, and she kind of mentally face palmed for not getting it before. Her familiar's eyes were unusually red. "That's awfully odd. I've never seen a raven with such red eyes," she murmured, sniffing. "I'll look into it later." 

It wasn't too long before a window had showed up in front of her, displaying six words that would pretty much change her life'

You have tamed a(n) "Odin's Raven"!

"Congratulations!" The large man exclaimed with a faint smile cracking the edge of his perpetual scowl. "Nicely done. Now I believe you have something to return to me?" The large heavily muscled man asked as he quirked an eyebrow at the young lady and held out a large hand with his palm open and held towards the sky as he looked at the young woman. "Now you just need to train your Familiar in whichever type of assistance you'd like it to perform for you. Since I saved Humphrey here from a pack of blood thirsty ravenous wolves Humphrey here was near death and I used a healing potion on him to restore his health. I then trained him to help heal me when my life starts getting low. Which basically meant I let a bunch of random mobs hit me and lower me health till my pal here learned how to send healing energy my way. For you it might take a modified game of get h or scavenger hunt or even hide and seek might work." The large man offered with a faint smile.