EVA - 3

SKILLS

NON-COMBAT

PASSIVE
»  FAMILIAR MASTERY: ACCURATE RANK 2

HOUSING SKILLS
» RESTED: -1 Energy cost for the first two expenditures in a thread
» WORKING: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
» TASTY: Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast.
» RELAXED: Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts
» ANGLER: +1 material gained when fishing
» BASIC TRAINING: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month.

COMBAT SKILLS
» 

EXTRA SKILLS
►Concentration
Active: Free action
Cooldown: 3 Turns
Effect: Gain +1 ACC until the start of your next turn (must delcare use in roll purpose).
Description: After having fought yourself, and spared the summoned incarnation, you have learnt to focus in times of need, improving accuracy for a brief moment.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<The Gemini>>

WEAPON SKILLS
» CURVED SWORD MASTERY RANK 1
      +1 DMG
»
 KATANA MASTERY RANK 3

+3 DMG

ARMOR SKILLS
» 

SWORD ARTS
Rank 1
» [x1 AoE] Tsumuji Guruma (1 Energy +2 per target hit) - A simple sword art that spins the user on their heel to slash in every direction.
» [x2 Stun] Ukifune (5 Energy) - Knocks the opponent high into the air.
» [x2] Han'ei (2 energy) - Two fast swings with the length of the katana blade

Rank 2

» [x3] Hi Ougi (3 Energy) - Upward, downward, then thrusting combo.
» [x4] Tsuji Kaze (4 Energy) - A straight, long-ranged drawing strike.

Rank 3

» [x5] Wa Shu (5 Energy) - A fast combo of slices that ends with a vertical chop.
» [x6] Gen Getsu (6 Energy) - A half-circle that moves irregularly.
» [x6 Stun] Ra Setsu (9 Energy) - A horizontal slash with a stunning punch after, then another slash.

EQUIPMENT

WEAPONS
» [EQUIPPED]<<BLOODY HOWL>> - KATANA (T1- PERFECT)
      BLEED

BLEED

DMG

ARMOR
» [EQUIPPED] << LIBRARIUM OVERCOAT >> (T1 PERFECT)

+1 EVA

+1 EVA

+1 EVA

» [EQUIPPED] << AZURE TIGHTS >> (T1 PERFECT)

+9 MIT

+9 MIT

+1 SAVVY

FAMILIAR
» Leeroy & Jenkins - Familiar Mastery: Accurate Rank 2

INVENTORY

TOOLS
>> CUSTOM AMBITION TOOL (+1 CRAFT EXP)
>> <<HESTIA'S FLAME>> (+1 CD)

VANITY ITEMS

BATTLE READY ITEMS
>>  3 HEALING POTIONS

>>  1 T1 OVERHEALTH POTION
>>  2 ULTRA LUCKY HOT DOGS
>>  FOCUSED CHILI DOG WITH CHILI FRIES
>>  STEEL-INFUSED HOTDOG

QUEST-SPECIFIC ITEMS
>> SPYGLASS

ITEMS/JUNK
>>  5 UNCOMMON T1 HEALING POTION
>> UNIDENTIFIED PERFECT WEAPON ID: 121755

EQUIPMENT
» << ARMOR OF THORNS >> (T1 PERFECT)

+9 THORNS

+9 THORNS

+1 REGEN

» <<NAJARALA>> - KATANA (T1- PERFECT)
      PARALYTIC VENOM (OFFENSE)

KEEN

DMG

» <<GLOVES OF CAERUS>> - CLOTHING (T1 - PERFECT)
     ➥ +3 LOOT DIE

"WHY DID I AGREE TO DO THIS?!" Oscar screamed to no one in particular. Here he was, trudging through the desert sands. He was on the hunt for some "precious cargo" or some such nonsense. He couldn't exactly remember what had convinced him to come out to this hellhole, but he must've been drunk. Of course, that couldn't have possibly been the answer because you can't get drunk in Aincrad. Oscar sighed and wiped the sweat from his brow. He the wind had kicked up a raging sandstorm that was encroaching ominously on his location. He heading that he'd been given had him going straight through the sandstorm to find the cargo. He had two days to recover it. A day there, a day back. This was gonna suck. But he pushed onward, whistling sharply for Leeroy and Jenkins to follow him. The sandstorm loomed over him as he walked towards it, the thick wall of blackened sand growing ever larger and moving ever closer to him. Easiest way to get through a sandstorm is to travel against it. Eventually, you'll come out on the other side just fine.

Edited by Oscar

Cordelia mumbled fake curses under her breath as the bitter wind whipped her long hair around. "Maybe I should've tied it up before coming here," she sighed, her nose crunching up.

"Are you okay over there, Pacco?" She asked, turning her head to her four-eyed familiar. He didn't seem okay. In fact, it looked really rough for him. His red eyes were squinted and his feathers looked all ruffled up. "Oh, I'm sorry," she murmured, holding out her arm to him to which he cautiously hopped on to. "I didn't mean to drag you with me," Cordelia chuckled nervously using her free hand to scratch the back of her neck sheepishly.

"Oh, I have an idea!" She exclaimed, opening her black coat-- which was a pretty bad idea to bring to a desert. "Good thing I asked for pockets on the inside," she sighed in relief as she let Pacco hop into one of the two pockets inside her coat. "There you go, buddy. Just don't complain too much, okay? I'm going to be the one taking the damage," she said nervously, turning her head to look up again, but this time instead of just sand blowing, it was a person-- er, a player, at least.

"Oh, hello there!" She chimed, waving her hands energetically. 

A sudden gust of wind blew at her face, slightly damaging her health bar. Meh, it was barely anything to her.

HP: [ 320/340 ]

ID: 123145

CD: 1, -20 HP

Oscar pushed forward, sand tearing at his exposed skin. Had he been smart about it, he would have crafted himself some vanity items that would have provided relief from the scorching sun and the biting sands. But, alas, Oscar wasn't smart about it at all. His HP Regeneration had been halted, but thankfully he hadn't taken any damage from the storm yet. All it would take was a flying rock between the eyes and he'd been in for some hurt. He turned when he heard a voice and saw a tall slender blonde looking at him quizzically. He nodded at her greeting, and turned around so that his back was to the wind and gave her a smile. He had to shout over the howling winds in order to be heard. "You here for the quest too?! Why don't we do it together?!" You know what they say about misery and company. Plus he was thankful that the company was rather cute for a change. He didn't know how much of Bahr's face he could take without it haunting his dreams.

Spoiler

ID: 123148 CD12

Edited by Oscar

She had almost asked him to repeat himself, but decided against it. 

"Uhm, alright?!" She said rather loudly, not really sure what she was even agreeing to. 

"I'm Cordelia, by the way!" She said, holding out her hand to him in a friendly gesture. "It's a pleasure!"

She had barely been able to catch the soft coo of Pacco through the sandstorm. She slowly opened up her jacket, to which Pacco quickly stuck his pitch black head out. "O-oh yeah, and this is Pacco! He's my familiar," she introduced, poking Pacco's head one last time before closing up her coat again. She didn't want him to get hurt in this sandstorm... he was like, her best pal!

Her throat had already felt pretty raspy due to... y'know, all the frekin' screaming. She pointed in the direction in which she was pretty sure where the cargo was, hoping that- that alone would be able to tell him that they should probably start traveling The less time they spent out in the sandstorm, the better.

HP: [ 320/340 ]

ID: 123150

CD: 12

"OSCAR!" He screamed as he took her hand in greeting. The roaring winds had grown even louder. He was screaming as loudly as he could in a vain attempt to be heard over the din. Finally, he decided that it was futile to attempt vocal communication. He released her hand and gestured over his shoulder. Then, he nodded politely at the bird and turned back around. He was immediately blasted in the face by stand, but he stood firm and pushed through. It wasn't enough to deal any damage. At the very least, the sandstorm had eased the heat from the sun a bit. Oscar had to struggle for every step, but he was making forward progress. Eventually, the sun began to set and the sandstorm continued to rage. It was dangerous to keep going through the night, but they didn't have much of a choice. He couldn't see anywhere to hunker down for the night. He'd need to be on the lookout for that.

Spoiler

ID: 123153 CD6

Edited by Oscar

Cordelia nodded her head stiffly as she followed after him. Well, this really... kind of sucked, really. She knew the skill from this quest would be worth it in the end, though. 

During the whole thing, she couldn't really think of anything other than coffee. She didn't even remember if she had her morning cup today. Oh lord, what was she going to do tomorrow? This thing lasted more than a day, right? What about her coffee?! She couldn't live without her coffee!

Her face almost went white at the thought of not getting her daily dose of coffee. She consumed that thing night and day! How was she going to live without it?! 

If you were looking from another point of view, you'd honestly probably think she was thinking of something horrifying, and she was. Horrifying is right, ladies and gentlemen! You did not want to see good ol' Cordelia without her daily dose of coffee! 

ID: 123154

CD: 11

Oscar just couldn't find any shelter from the storm. All that remained to do was to keep pushing forward. Well that, and question the decisions he made in his life that led him to this point. What use did he even have for the <<Survival>> skill? It wasn't as if the Health Regeneration was particularly useful. He already had a housing skill that offered him that. He merely sighed and shook his head, wishing he'd taken on another quest for the day. But, in a way, it was good that he had bitten the bullet and undertook this one. Once this unpleasantness was out of the way, he would never have to deal with it again. He turned back to look at Cordelia, who had an absolutely horrified expression on her face. He wondered what that was all about, but couldn't ask because of the raging sands. The sun had disappeared over the horizon at this point. By his reckoning, the cargo shouldn't be very far out now.

Spoiler

ID: 123155 CD4

Edited by Oscar

Cordelia sighed and slapped her cheeks lightly. She had to be strong! She couldn't live off of coffee forever! 

She suddenly felt very irritated. Her hair was all over the place! She knew she should've cut it before she went into the game! Now it was long... forever! She didn't even have a hair tie or anything on her right now. She mumbled under her breath as held her hair down with her hands. 

"Oh wait, I'm a genius!" She exclaimed to really no one but herself.

She tucked her hair in her coat and grinned happily. No more hair in her mouth! This discovery was revolutionary. Why hadn't she thought of this before?! This... this was life changing! Well-- you still had the problem with her --also, pretty long-- bangs and everything but at least her waist long hair wasn't an issue anymore! Lord, that was going to become a problem later on in her life.

ID: 123156

CD: 10

The sun had completely disappeared over the horizon. Now, night was in full-swing. The once blistering climate was now impossibly cold. Oscar felt his teeth chattering together from the sudden drop in temperature. He would have really appreciated that scarf right about now. But what was done was done. What they really needed was some shelter and a fire. But the endless sands provided no such bounty to them. At least, not that he could see. Visibility was poor. The sandstorm obfuscated the light of the moon. He could barely see five feet in front of him, much less scout the area out for any caves or rock formations. The sands were brutal, but they aren't without mercy. Five feet in front of him was all that he needed to see in order to find himself inside the mouth of a small cavern. It was just large enough for both him and Cordelia to escape the elements. They could bed down here for the night next to a roaring fire and be relatively cozy.

Spoiler

123157 CD8

Edited by Oscar

Cordelia scrambled into the small cave, letting out a big sigh of relief when her back hit a stony wall. "No more wind in my ear," she said happily, already beginning to take her hair out of her jacket. 

Almost forgetting about Pacco, she unzipped her coat and grinned. "Why hello there, bud," she cooed, poking him on the head slightly. "I'm sorry for stuffing you in there," she deadpanned, hoping that her familiar won't hate her forever after this. Oh, no, no. That would be super bad. 

The blonde crossed her legs and sighed happily. "Thank the stars we're out of that sandstorm. I don't know how much longer my ears could take if we were still there," she gasped, covering her ears. "I hope my hearing is permanently damaged or something! That would be really bad. What if it's like that when I get out of here, too? Oh, that's even worse!"

ID: 123158

CD: 9

Oscar was busy shaking sand out of, well, everywhere while Cordelia settled in. The next project was starting a fire to keep them warm through the night. Again, why did he need the <<Survival>> skill. He was more of a survivalist than anyone who had the skill could ever hope to be. With a roaring fire in place, next was a warm beverage to help raise their body temperature. Coffee seemed like the best bet. He placed a pot next to the fire and filled it with some materials. Then he set the timer and waited. "That sandstorm is a killer," Oscar stated. He sat down next to the fire, savoring its warmth. They could wait on the rest of the night in relative safety within the cavern and find the cargo in the morning. Hopefully the sandstorm would have passed by then, but something told him that they wouldn't be that lucky. It seemed the sandstorm would hound them until the very end of this quest.

Spoiler

ID 121159 CD10

Edited by Oscar

"It really is, huh," she sighed, the corners of her lips tugging downward for a few seconds. "Can't believe people actually live on this floor. I mean, I'm all for extreme but this is too much," she shuddered. 

Plus, it wasn't even a pretty sight to begin with! Who wanted to wake up, look out a window, and just see straight sand? She would rather freeze her feet off!

"So," she pipped, sniffing. "What brings you to do this quest?" She asked, hoping to start some conversation with the guy. Might as well make a friend throughout this whole thing.

"I was going to plan to live on the more extreme weather floors, so I thought that this skill might come in handy one day," Cordelia chuckled, fumbling with her fingers. It was true! She was planning to live on floor floor, but she couldn't really do that without almost freezing to death.

ID: 123168

CD: 2

Spoiler

ID 123169 CD9

Oscar couldn't say that he had anything planned like that. He just wanted to get a quest out of the way and get a useful skill. Although, the desert had a way of putting the kibosh on the latter part of that. He'd realized after exposing himself to the heat and sand that perhaps the Survival skill wasn't all it was cracked up to be. He reached forward and poured them both a tin cup of a dark liquid before placing the can back in the fire. He handed one of the cups to Cordelia, the scent of fresh camp-brewed coffee would assail her sense of smell. "It ain't the best, but it's warm. It'll keep us going until morning at least." He took a long sip of his own cup and sighed contentedly as the warmth blossomed out through his chest. "I'm just here to do a quest. That's been my thing for a while now. I'm making a concerted effort to do all of the desert quests because I hate the floor so much."

Edited by Oscar

"Thank you," Cordelia chirped, taking the cup of coffee. Hallelujah, the lord has answered her plea! She lifted the cup up and changed it all down like an absolute beast, literally. 

"That would make the two of us," she sighed, leaning her head back on to the wall tiredly. "The hatred for the floor, I mean," she said, laughing softly to herself as she stretched her arms above her head. "I don't get why anyone would willingly choose to live here," Cordelia uttered, frowning for a few seconds before laughing it off. "Well, I guess there are all types of people in Aincrad."

"But that's pretty cool. Doing all of the quests on this floor, I mean," Cordelia said with a small grin. "I think I'm too lazy to do any of that, really," she sighed, deadpanning. "I've always been a real kind of couch potato. For as long as I can remember, really," she chuckled sheepishly, scratching her knuckles. 

ID: 123170

CD: 11

As she spoke, Oscar decided to poke his head out of the cave to see what the sandstorm was doing. Big mistake. An errant rock smacked him upside the head, dealing a small amount of damage to him. He winced and pulled himself back into the cave before heading over to the fire and finishing off his coffee. "You and me both. It's too hot, there's too much sand, and apparently there's sharks living in the dunes." Oscar shudded as a chill reached him inside the cave. Looking through the mouth, it was beginning to lighten up outside. The sun must be coming out. "I just want to know as much about the game as possible. Only way to do that is by experiencing it. Can't help people out if I'm going in blind, you know?" Oscar pointed at the brightening entrance to the cave and gave a sigh.

"Sunrise. If we get going now, maybe we can find the cargo and get back before it gets too hot."

Spoiler

ID: 123172 CD1
340/360 HP

Edited by Oscar

"Sharks?" She gaped, her eyes widening. "I think I hate this floor just quite a bit more now," she shuddered, feeling a large chill go down her spine. What was Kayaba thinking? She was okay if there were some giant hole digging worms, but seriously, land sharks?! Did he really have to make it that bad?

She nodded in understanding and also giving him a brief thumb-up and grin. "I definitely understand. I wish I had your kind of willpower," she joked, her gaze falling down to her crossed legs. "I could barely leave floor one without having a panic attack a year ago," she murmured, smiling sadly to herself. "But I'm back and better than ever!" 

Cordelia blinked and turned to look out. "You're right," she huffed, wobbly getting back on her feet. 

"Let me just..." She trailed off, tucking her hair back into her coat as well as softly putting Pacco back into one of her pockets. "Alright, I'm all ready to go!"

ID: 123173

CD: 9

Spoiler

ID 123174 CD11
340/360 HP

Oscar pulled the collar of his coat up as high as he could and headed out into the sandstorm again. He made a half-loop around the cave and looked around. Putting his back to the wall, he headed straight ahead, making sure Cordelia and his familiar were following behind him. They walked for another hour or so before Oscar tripped over a small crate jutting out of the sand. The cargo. He picked it up and added it to his inventory. Then he waited a moment for it to respawn. When it did, he took a step backwards to let Cordelia grab hers. The end was in sight. All they needed to was make it back with the cargo in tow and the quest would be completed. They could obtain their Survival skill and never have to deal with another sandstorm like this again. Oscar was thankful for that. He had a primal hatred for the desert and everything in it.

Edited by Oscar

Cordelia sniffed as she followed after Oscar. Sweet honey iced tea, the desert wind hit her like a slap to the face. "Gosh darn it," she mumbled, hugging her jacket tighter. 

The endless streams of sand barely let Cordelia see five feet in front of her, which kind of sucked, because she nearly tripped over Oscar himself. She yelped out loud and almost immediately, sand flew in her mouth. She quickly spat it out and internally face palmed herself. 

Cordelia let out a small sigh and gave a thumbs up to Oscar. She stumbled over to the crate and stuffed it into her inventory. 

"Alright, let's get out of here!" She yelled over the blaring wind, her eye twitching a few times because of all the sand that was currently slapping her in the face. 

Really hoping that Oscar was following her, she started 'walking' to the closest town, whatever that was, anyway. She really hoped she was going in the right direction.

ID: 123178

CD: 5

Spoiler

ID: 123179 CD10
340/360 HP

Oscar followed Cordelia back towards the vague direction of town. Without having to struggle against the sandstorm, the going was much smoother. By the time the sun was at its apex, they had arrived by at town. By this time, the sandstorm had dissipated as well. Oscar handed off the quest item to the robed stranger and started to make a beeline for the nearest teleportation platform. But then he got an idea. He approached Cordelia, opening his menu and shooting her a friend request. "I've got some more easy quests I haven't gotten around to finishing. They'd be much more fun with company. We can meet up and do them sometime if you'd like." Oscar had grown accustomed to having people around nowadays. As such he didn't want to undertake quests by himself unless he absolutely had to. Cordelia had been wonderful company, even if they hadn't said too much due to the sandstorm. 

Edited by Oscar

Cordelia sighed in relief as they finally arrived back in town. "Praise the lords I don't have to endure that devilish landscape anymore," she muttered, handing the cargo the NPC. "You're lucky I didn't get too damaged, bub," she seethed, glaring daggers at him before he scurried off to who knows where. 

Clapping her hands together, she turned back to Oscar and grinned. "Of course!" She exclaimed, jumping up and down a few times with a childish grin. "I'd love to help you. I probably haven't done most of the easy quests, either. Frankly, I don't even know how I got to my level without doing those quests..." she mumbled, scratching her chin in confusion. She accepted the friend request and shot him a smile.

"I'll see you later. Just message me whenever you want to meet up again!" She pipped, waving to him one last time before bolting to who knows where.

ID: 123198

CD: 7