[EVENT-F1]Halloween Event '19 - 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'

Spoiler

items grabbed:

Jack's burned lament (cursed/Burn/Blight)

funnel cake (Voucher used, +3 DMG, +1 accuracy item)

Ghost treat

Mina walked back to the shop, a few vouchers in her hand. She simply pointed at one of the weapons behind the concession stand, which was handed off to her quickly. She then pointed out the ghost treat, taking a look at the label: Guaranteed to make your little friend spooky! She smiled faintly. "I can use this for my familiar when I finally find her!" she said happily, sending it into her inventory. She used the last voucher on a funnel cake, quickly sending it into her inventory as she heard something behind her rumbling. Something was happening in a different part of the tent, something completely spooky! "lets go have a little look at the festivities, ne?" she murmured, walking over to the other area with a smile on her face.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awaking from your sleep you reach up and rub the dust away from your face as the morning sun comes to rise. You pull yourself away from your bed and make your way to the window. Drawing the curtains n

Posted Images

Before everything went bananas, Macradon quickly went towards the vendor to cash in all his achievements “I’ve done all these!” he said and showed 4 of the 6 possible achievements to get crossed out from his zombie slaying with Jomei. “I’d like that one please.” he said and pointed at the frosty looking shield. When he received it, it was nice, it was something he could use in the future perhaps, not now, but close to now. “Oh, and that one as well” he said and pointed at the freebie of a Unique Perfect Item of his choice, grabbing the heavy armor that was a bit hotter than he had anticipated, which was fine. “Anything more …” he mumbled and looked at what was in front of him “Oh yeah, that treat for my doggo would be good.” he said and pointed at the Ghost Treat that he could give to his familiar at some point.

Items received:
- Ghost Treat
Shield - Frost Thorns | Frost Aura | Cursed | Mitigation
- Jack's <HeavyArmor of Choice>
 [Flame Aura - Mitigation - Cursed]

Baldur was late to the dance as usual. He had been reclusive lately, but had decided he needed to at least check it out in case there were any event special items he needed to acquire. He had never meant to be retired for so long, but he was going to come back and wanted to make sure he didn't miss anything that was a must have.

Scanning through the list of rewards for the event, Baldur noticed the Halloween sticker, and decided he could not, in fact, miss this event. Quickly, he purchased a ticket from the ringmaster and headed into the tent.

What followed was strange and wild, and left him in the face of a zombie horde. The small "bingo book" he was given listed a set of achievements he would need in order to get the special currency. Thankfully, all he cared about was the sticker, he glanced through the list of achievements and picked the ones it would be easiest to get.

Apparently this would be a sadistic event, and Baldur wanted to get hurt.

Turning to the vendor, he bought a full suite of buffs. A Funnel Cake, an Obnoxious Corn Dog, and a ton of Spider Ciders. Accepting the trade, Baldur headed out to fight some zombies.

Purchased:
(1) Ticket (500 col)
(1) Funnel Cake (1,000 Col)
(1) Obnoxious Corn Dog (700 Col)
(11) Spider Cider (550 Col)

Total 2,750 Col

Standing on the teleport on the 1st floor Kyoto heard about a Halloween event going on. He decided to go check it out. With him wearing his black coat he also has his black compression shirt under.  Walking up to the tent he sees a man that what seems like the ringmaster of this tent. "Interesting. You must be the one hosting this event huh?"  With a quick of listening to Jack he had a familiar voice that Kyoto could put his mind to. After agreeing on doing the event Kyoto handed him the 500 col for the ticket and also purchased some energy drinks and some cider. With a smile on his face he gets ready for the event as he starts to think of different kinds of food that Black use to give him a while ago. With the different dishes he gives made him he started to feel his stomach talk to him.

-500 col for Event.

-500 col for 5x Offbrand Energy Drink

-500 col for 10x Spider Cider

-1500 col sent to Jack the Ringmaster

Moving back to the concession stand Calrex gave a small sigh as he stretched his arms, "Alright, guess I'd better at least get this done. Hopefully I'll get lucky with this."

"Maybe I might even be able to relieve some of the new weaknesses that got put on Achilles..."

Looking at the requirements for various things his mind immediately began to put together the scenario that was necessary for him to at least get a sticker, Making the purchases needed to accomplish the task he swiped some more on his menu, his armor and weaponry vanishing as he was left with his regular attire, "Better make this quick...at least I hope it's quick..."

With his items purchased he exited back out into the fray.

Spoiler

Purchasing

3 Diet Soda (450 col)

10 Spider Ciders (500 col)

Pinball hadn't really done much, since then. He'd sort of walked around, watching other people fight - people he knew, people he'd known, and people he still had yet to talk to. There were players that he'd longed to see for a long time, and players he wished he'd never have to see again. 

And there were like, a lot of zombies and stuff. 

They came in hordes unending, scratching and clawing at players in relentless waves. But now he realized, somehow, that he was able to pick up a weapon... radical. So Pinball did just that, choosing a blade that shone a deep red. 

As he lifted the weapon, its Tier, Name, and Enhancements popped up on a screen in front of him. 

Cursed. Blight. Burn. Pinball sheathed the weapon and spun on a heel, choosing to resume his sightseeing, a new, unfamiliar weapon at his side. It far outstripped Tyrfing, didn't it? At least it came in a scabbard, unlike Cold Fervor. 

- EXIT - 

Retrieving: 

-> Jack's Hellfire - T3 - OHSS 
[Burn - Blight - Cursed]

-> Ghost Treat - If you already have a familiar, the treat can be fed to it to change its appearance to a ghostly form of itself. If you do not already have a familiar, it allows you to skip the searching portion of the <<Feeding your Enemy>> quest. If you fail to tame the creature, you will have to find it again by the searching rules in the quest.

Edited by Pinball

"Oooh, a carnival!" Gambit exclaimed, paying the price for a ticket, one-hundred percent aware of how painfully late he was. See, he'd been so broke, that he had to run around selling all sorts of junk just for the col to attend... and by the time he'd gotten that done, the event was already underway. It looked like zombies this year, which was kinda cool. Except they were all just kind of... grabby. He couldn't decide what he wanted to do first. A part of him wanted a hotdog. Another part of him wanted to see how many times it took for a zombie to kill itself on his armor. Another part of him was trying to remember whether he wore deodarant or not. 

Regardless of whether he had or hadn't, Gambit was here now, and that made all the difference. 

Because Gambit is like, a super cool dude. And he's comin' to get ya. 

And also a corndog. Some girl was offering people corndogs. 

-500 Col sent to Jack

- Taking an Obnoxious Corndog from @Mishiro

- Exiting to a thread probably idk 

Edited by Gambit

Koga walked up to the concessions stand, steam practically fuming from his ears as he did so. The man slammed down a one thousand Col voucher. "I'll take fifteen Spider Ciders, one Fairy Floss, one Popcorn and one Off-Brand Energy Drink, please," he said in a tone that said he was being polite out of formality, and not because he wanted to be. Koga brought up his menu and sent the remainder of the Col that he owed to the vendor. The man blinked at Koga momentarily in utter confusion over the quantity of items Koga had just ordered but eventually gathered himself and then the items, handing them over to Koga. "Thanks," Koga said, a little more forcefully than he'd intended, gathered his items, and left. He had places to be, zombies to kill, items to get, grief to get over...Koga was a busy man indeed. He had no time to waste.

Spoiler

+15 Spider Ciders [90 HP Restoration]

+1 Popcorn [+ 20 MIT]

+1 Fairy Floss [+ 2 DMG]

+1 Off-Brand Energy Drink [Tier*3 Energy Restoration]

-200 Col

Koga walked up to the concession stand and pointed at the Halloween Sticker, "Hey, mind if I grab that?" Koga asked as if he hadn't just bought more than twenty items the night before from the same exact vendor. The man clearly remembered him though giving him a quizzical look and asking if he was interested in buying anything else. Koga shook his head, "No thanks, just the sticker. Had my fill of treats yesterday." The vendor shrugged and handed him the Sticker, and Koga turned over his Achievement Points in return. "Thanks!" Koga said, turning around and leaving to go enjoy his new sticker. It was so cool! Koga was oblivious to the carnage around him, yet again, as he walked around the Fairgrounds admiring his shiny new sticker. He could have walked right into a Zombie and hardly noticed at this point...this boy really was absolutely oblivious sometimes.

Obtained This Post

Spoiler

+ Halloween Sticker (1)

- Achievement Points (3)

Solei mumbled to himself as he appeared in front of Jack. Well, there may be a couple of battles going around and stuff, but that didn't stop him from getting what he wanted!

"Uh, I'll take that familiar treat and the light armor please," he said with a broad smile on his face. Jack beamed at him before handing him the armor. Solei yelped as he nearly got sent to the ground. "Gosh this stuff is heavy!" He exclaimed, clasping the items together with his right hand as he looked over at Jack again.

"And. . . I wanted a couple of those energy drinks and spider ciders, too," he wheezed, giving Jack a small grin of appreciation as he watched him hand the items to him. 

"Oh, thank you!" He chimed, nodding to Jack before stumbling his way out of the tent. He was going to get something out of this event whether he liked it or not!

-Jack's Protection: FLM AURA, EVA, Cursed

-Ghost Treat

+13 Offbrand Energy drinks

+5 spider ciders

-1,550 Col

mina returned to the area with a smile on her face. she knew right away where she was going to be heading. The little place that held achievement points shop. She hurried over, and passed over the three AP required to get the item she wanted, the <<Halloween Sticker>>. It was a pretty cool pumpkin sticker that allowed for players to upgrade their weapons, armors, or trinkets with either an enchantment of choice, or a random unique enhancement, decided by the system from the pool of unique enchantments.

-3 AP

+ 1 Halloween sticker!

buying
1ticket 500
10 Spider Cider 500 (total)
1 Popcorn 150

He wasn't getting very far just sitting around and taking in the sights. So he decided to check out the stand more closely and saw that there might be a prize or two that caught his attention. With his armor now and skills, he might be able to actually kill at least one enemy. It was a long shot but he'd try to do it. So he wasn't allowed any of his medical items and had to buy from the stand itself. Well, he'd give it a go and decided to offer up 1500 col to Jack at that moment.
"Guess you have my interest after all. I wasn't going to try but I realize I would have to wait a year or miss my chance completely at this. Here goes nothing. Am I right amigo?" he transferred the funds over and checked his inventory for the items. Now all he had to do was go use them up to see if he could even do this correctly. Maybe if he found someone to do this with it'd be easier. "I might have to call over Yukiro for this one. He might know what to do. He walked forward to give this quest a try.

There was still something left from the festivities that, if NIGHT were to believe the rumors, she should keep her eyes on. And NIGHT was nothing but a curious soul, but... even after investigating the truth of the matter, it still shocked her soul.

The sticker.

It's... a sticker, NIGHT imagined, tiredly heading up to the stall once again. How amazing could it be...?

According to the achievements shop, three points would be in order. She picked out the easiest requirements to complete, settling on an endurance test with the results. If she was going to wittle away her time with the zombies, it might as well be of some use to her in the future, other than the item itself.

Ugh, zombies... Just the thought of rotting flesh sent chills down her spine. She purchased a few necessities for the run -- Spider Ciders, as much as she loathed them now, Popcorn, and some energy drinks -- before heading on her way.

[Obtained]

• Spider Ciders (11) -------------- 550col
  • Popcorn (1) ------------------------ 150col
  • Offbrand Energy Drink (3) --- 300col

Total: 1000col

Holding two vouchers in her hand, her walked over to the concession stand. She figured that she might as well try and attempt to be the kind of person who can grow into being a fighter. That should be possible, right? Either way, she looked at the items and then at the vendor. "Fifteen Spider Ciders, one Popcorn, one Fairy Floss, and one Off brand Energy Drink please." She handed the vendor the the two vouchers, one for one thousand col worth and the other for two hundred col worth. That should cover everything, right? If not, she still had one more voucher that she could use anyways. The vendor took the vouchers from her and handed her the items that she had requested. "Thank you." She didn't expect a good luck, this wasn't supposed to be easy right? Either way, she took her items and headed out of the tent to start her lonesome adventure.

Obtained:
Spider Cider (15)
Popcorn (1)
Fairy Floss (1)
Off Brand Energy Drink (1)

Used:
1000 Col worth Concession Stand Voucher
200 Col worth Concession Stand Voucher

Okay, her adventure of killing zombies was over. She wanted to see what else the vendor might have for her before she officially called it quits though. The line was a bit long, which was news to her really, she figured that people would be out killing zombies instead of standing in line. Okay, that could probably be said for herself too. Finally, it was her turn to look at the concession stand once again. The vendor seemed to recognize her, but she paid no mind to that. Instead, she pointed at the Halloween sticker. "C-can I get that please?" She looked from the sticker to the vendor. He seemed to be slightly confused that that was all she wanted, but she had a goal, and well, she met that goal. Now, she can go and see about making things less cursed for her. That was possible right? Either way, the vendor handed her the sticker and she softly thanked him before walking away.

Obtained:

Spoiler

Halloween Sticker (1)

-3 Achievement Points

It was a new day. NIGHT wasn't going back to the tent on the same night she took out the zombies. When she finally woke up, she felt herself sore everywhere, and hoped that the sticker she was working for was worth it.

And it was. When she got her hands on the tiny slip, it looked underwhelming at first -- a cute little evil pumpkin squiggle, as far as she could see. She glanced up at the shop keep, fully expecting to see a convention artist underneath the cloak.

But one examination later and she felt like she had to protect it with her life. Stashing it away as discretely as possible, she moved over to the side of the tent, eyes still wide with shock. The implications this had on her equipment goals were far beyond her at the moment, and she would need time to recover.

Heading outside, she greeted the day once more with a smile.

[Obtained]
+ Halloween Sticker (1) for 3 AP.

Come back to Jack's to get your rewards!

Rewards? As in, more than he had already pilfered from these clownish goons? Bahr was in awe. What more could they possible hope to offer a man that had already gotten everything he came for? As much as he doubted it would be worth it, he started a trek back to the concession stand to see what the fuss was about.

A furrowed brow and a grumble summarized how he felt about it. A weapon with decent enhancements, a light armor that didn't compliment his build, or a heavy armor that he would literally never use. The only reasonable thing he could do at this point was take the weapon and see if there was a way to make it useful some other time.

"And don't forget your Ghost Treat, too," the clown commanded in a deep, baritone rumble. The item was placed on the counter in front of Bahr, and he inspected it with scrutinizing eyes. The info panel suggested that it could change the appearance of his familiar. It was an interesting thought, but Bahr never saw himself indulging in it.

Jack's Inferno Divider (2HSS - Burn | Blight | Cursed) acquired.
Ghost Treat acquired.

Dederick had nearly forgotten all about that ghastly charade. The entire thing had seemed like an allegory for Aincrad itself - the abysmal circus of perpetual torment that they called Sword Art Online. Still, he would be a fool to not follow up and see what free goodies he could get his hands on. 

A sword, light armor, or heavy armor. Dederick had no interest in light armor whatsoever, so that was out. The heavy armor seemed tempting, but he wouldn't need that extra slot of mitigation with how he planned on building his set. With the other two options not seeming particularly appealing, he was left with only the sword as a real option. It wasn't the sort of weapon that Dederick had ever really seen himself using, but there was probably one way or another he could make it work.

And what's this? A "Ghost Treat?" From what the info panel had to say about it, this would be perfect for getting himself the familiar he so desperately needed. Having collected everything he came for, Dederick left the tent once more.

Jack's Chaotic Arbiter (1HSS - Burn | Blight | Cursed) acquired.
Ghost Treat acquired.

Huh. It sure was convenient that Jackpot was in the tent when he got the message, because he ventured a guess that he never would have had the balls to return to this hellhole for a second time. Since he was still around, though, might as well check out the goods.

What was that weapon? What a gross amalgamation of utter wrongness. That wouldn't do.

Heavy armor? Who actually wears that stuff willingly? It was heavy and clanky, and... unpleasant in virtually ever sense of the word. He could hardly bring himself to look at it, much less wear it.

Oh? Ohhh. What was that? What a sensible piece of light armor. Fashionable, lightweight, and with decent enhancements. "Yeah, I'll take this one. Oh, and I wanted to turn in these Achievement Points for a Halloween Sticker. And a Ghost Treat, too!" The clown behind the stand grumbled in response to Jackpot's enthusiasm, but nonetheless retrieved what he had requested and laid them out for Jackpot. Once he had stuffed them away in his inventory, he noticed the clown was still... staring at him. "Yeeaaahhh... Bye now."

What a creep.

"HP Restored (Self)" Achievement Point spent
"HP Restored in a Thread" Achievement Point spent
"Consumables Used" Achievement Point spent

Halloween Sticker acquired.
Jack's Robes of Remorse (Light Armor - Flame Aura | Evasion | Cursed) acquired.
Ghost Treat acquired.

The trudge to the concession stand was a miserable one, through and through. By the time he got to the counter, Pinball was done with life. He wasn't much of a sleeper these days, but right now that was literally the only thing on his mind. The clerk greeted him with a cheery attitude, and Pinball seriously considered strangling him right then and there. 

Choosing his reward from the menu pop up, Pinball would finally make the exchange. He waved goodbye to the three achievement points he'd accumulated and said hello to the Halloween Sticker. 

Taking his prize, Pinball would leave without a sound, going off to find somewhere quiet he could sit. Quietly. And alone. Without people or monsters to bother him. Where he could wait out this stupid event. He had such a bad history with events in the first place that he couldn't even comprehend what stroke of idiocy had led him to joining it in the first place. At least he didn't have to fight the boss.

This event, Pinball swore, would be his last one.

Spending [x3] Achievement Points for [x1] Halloween Sticker 

Edited by Pinball