[F1-SP] To Catch a Cat -- <<Feeding your Enemy>>

What should I say?! What should I do?!?!

Ren's second instinct was to dry off the small creature from the rain, but knowing how it enjoyed stepping into puddles, she thought twice about doing so. The two exchanged looks, one more wary than the other, and that would be Ren, unconsciously intimidating the cat.

O-oh, right, I have the kibble.

Trying to make her movements as discrete as possible, she pulled out her menu and summoned the kibble box. The cat, oblivious to the nature of interfaces, went up and sniffed the light-air, swiping at it with its little tiny paws.

Ren opened the box gently, finding out that it distributed its contents, one large handful at a time. Pouring out some for the cat in her hand, she offered the pile of kibble towards it, hoping it would take one and eat it. Instead, the creature sniffed at it, and looked up expectantly at her, tilting its head.

ID: 128578 | CD: 5
Taming <Cat> [1/4]

Edited by NIGHT

Ren could feel the sweat -- or was it rain? -- dripping down her back and her face as the kibble started to grow damp under the weather. The cat looked curiously at the kibble pile, pawing at it and knocking it down onto the dirt floor.

Oh my god you baby why would you do that

As the pile decreased, Ren took one of it and moved it closer to the cat's mouth. It resisted, alarmed, bouncing backwards and standing on its hindlegs instead. The creature's face featured a frankly hilarious expression, before it dropped back onto the ground with its two paws, moving closer to the outstretched hand.

Ren watched it expectantly, holding still. The cat sniffed the food piece further, then batting at it, rolling on the floor.

It's trying to get it to play?!?!

She moved the kibble left and right, watching the cat try to catch it in between its paws.

ID: 128579 | CD: 6
Taming <Cat> [2/4]

Edited by NIGHT

After a moment of playing, the cat was sufficiently muddied, fur sticking to its skin closely and looking like a shriveled mess. But it didn't seem like it minded. Instead, it turned around, seeming as though it was about to leave.

W-wait!

Ren wanted to say, but the cat ran off into a bush somewhere instead, and in a moment, something darted out of it into the sky. A loud series of tweets could be heard as the cat leapt after it, but fell to the floor instead, landing on its four paws.

It turned its head to look at Ren expectantly.

Ren had nothing to say.

The two looked at each other for a bit -- the cat glancing up at the bird occasionally -- before the creature gracefully made its way back to her, sniffing at her once more. Ren tried to offer the kibble again to the cat.

It did not take it. She sadly dropped the kibble onto the floor.

ID: 128580 | CD: 6
Taming <Cat> [3/4]

Edited by NIGHT

Ren was nearly in tears at this point. How do I get this cat to eat?!

Without thinking, she poured out more food into her hands, and showed it to the creature, setting the box of kibble down beside her. After making sure that the cat had its attention on her food pile, she took one of the kibble pieces.

And ate it.

Ren, to this day, sincerely wished that she had never done that.

But the cat was satisfied nonetheless, and began to try and eat the kibble. Its ears pricked upwards in delight as it continued munching at it, completely flattening the portion of food in her hands. To Ren, this was an immediate relief, and she sighed, content, enjoying the company of this tiny creature.

After it had eaten, it meowed at her.

Huh? But there's still some left.

She shifted the kibble in her hands towards the center. The cat's pupils dilated, surprised, and continued to eat. Ren, on the other hand, checked the kibble box for more food.

... It isn't empty yet. Thank goodness.

ID: 128581 | CD: 11
<Cat> tamed! [4/4]

Edited by NIGHT
IM LITERALLY SHAKING I CAN'T......... AAAAAAAA

A knock on the door. The old lady opened it, surprised to see a kibble box thrown into her arms accurately. It was still pouring outside, but the box seemed to make it back indoors safely without dampness.

At the bottom of the wooden stairs, Ren waved over to her. "Thanks a lot for the lesson," she said, holding up the tiny cat, curled up in her arms, blanketed by a soaked black fabric. "I really appreciate it."

Upon seeing the player's new companion, the woman smiled, patting the wolf friend by her side. "What a sweet little thing. I'm glad they're in good hands! Take care of them, now."

And with that, she shut the door gently, waving goodbye to the two as they headed down the alleyway. Ren was practically oozing with bliss as she made her way back to the workshop, gently stroking the cat in her hands. Today, it was raining on the first floor.

It was a good day.

It would also be of no surprise to anyone hear that the two of them had caught a cold for being out in the rain for so long.

Thread Summary

[Total]
+ 2 SP
+ Familiar
+ 652 col
+ [T1E3] Unidentified Perfect Consumable (1)
+ [T1E2] Unidentified Rare Trinket (1)

- - Rewards Breakdown - -

Spoiler

[Quest Rewards]
+ 1 SP
Familiar

[Combat Loot]
+ 252 col, [T1E3] Unidentified Perfect Consumable, [T1E2] Unidentified Rare Trinket from Bear. [1]

[Thread Progress]
+ 1 SP
400col