[F01 - R8 Blacksmith] The Ring and Sword

"Hi, yes, Koga?" she asked as she pushed her way through the door and a bell overhead rung to announce her arrival.  "I was just wondering if I could bother you about a weapon? I'm not altogether confident about what things do, but I want to be able to hold my own in a fight," she said as she spanned the distance to the counter and smiled, leaning across it to gaze up at the man. She had a cockeyed smile, eyes half open as if in a daze. "Being as this is what you do best, I thought I might leave things up to you?" Her lips stretched into a full smile as she threw him a thumbs up. "And thanks again for the help, honestly... I really don't know where I'd be if someone hadn't taken me under their wing straightaway. Probably a name on the monument, if I'm being honest."

Her eyes screwed shut and she winced at the idea of death. There were so many who had come before her that did end up exactly as she had inferred. She hated it. With a long sigh, she shook off the gloom that threatened to take hold of her. Lish wasn't any good to anyone like that. "Anyway, I'm mostly looking to take up a supporting role," she offered by way of helpful thoughts on what to craft for her. "I want to be able to fight where it's necessary, but I'd prefer to keep away from the frontline whenever it's possible. With that in mind, I do defer to your artistic vision."

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Koga was little surprised when a blue head of hair walked through his shop's door. "Oh, Lish, what's up? Can I help you?" The man couldn't imagine what she wanted with him, but...here she was. It wasn't until she leaned over the counter seductively that the man understood. She wanted a weapon. 'A spear,' was the first thing that popped into Koga's head after a moment of thought. "I think I can fix you up something good," he said, "Why don't you come back later tonight, I should have something ready for you by then, okay?" Yeah. Koga had just the thing in mind.

Spoiler

ID: 183221
CD: 11 (10 +1)
[+1 Rare T1 2HAS, -1 T1 Mat, +7 Exp]

ID: 183222
CD: 7 (6 +1)
[+1 Uncommon T1 2HAS, -1 T1 Mat, +5 Exp]

ID: 183223
CD: 1
[-1 T1 Mat, +3 Exp]

ID: 183224
CD: 6 (5 +1)
[+1 Uncommon T1 2HAS, -1T1 Mat, +5 Exp]

ID: 183225
CD: 9 (8 +1)
[+1 Uncommon T1 2HAS, -1 T1 Mat, +5 Exp]

ID: 183226
CD: 10 (9 +1)
[+1 Rare T1 2HAS, -1 T1 Mat, +7 Exp]

ID: 183227
CD: 12 (11 +1)
[+1 Perfect T1 2HAS, -1 T1 Mat, +10 Exp]

Edited by Koga

Unsure of what to do with that dagger he'd crafted the day before, Koga stared at thing, trying to decide what the hell to do with it. He could sell it he supposed...but that took work...work he didn't wanna do. At all. Shrugging, he stood and went to the store's front door again and threw it open.

The few players who had been around the day before immediately took cover, figuring that whatever was about to happen would be detrimental to their health gauge. One of the newbies in town who didn't were about to get quite the treat. Randomly chucking the dagger at a player he shouted, "think fast!" and then retreated back into his shop, slamming the door behind him.

@Starla

Spoiler

Starla was walking past a random blacksmith shop pondering how she might be able to afford a new weapon. Then out of the blue, a man popped out from behind a door and said, "Think fast!" Starla was a bit shocked by the sudden action of having a dagger thrown at her, but her reaction time wasn't slow enough to just let herself be hit in the head by it. Starla was about to yell back before she looked at the dagger. It was actually... Quite good. It was a dagger which she was hoping to get from a blacksmith, but this guy gave it to her for free! Starla had a feeling that she would end up stopping by the shop whenever she needed work done. They were kind enough to give them such a dagger in the first place. She didn't see the name of the person that threw the dagger her way, but if she stopped by the shop again, she was going to make sure to add that person onto their friend's list. Thanks kind stranger. I wonder who it might be that gifted me such a valuable piece of equipment...

Oh...right....Koga had forgotten to make Lishuu her weapons and what not...well, he best get started on it now. The man immediately went into the back of his shop, into the forge and immediately set to work. Except...what the hell was he going to make for them her? She hadn't given him any specifications. Just that she was going to be playing a support role. Well...Koga figured something that would give her plenty of reach...but one handed? Or two handed? Shield? Koga thought hard for a moment. "Aw, fuck it," he finally said, reaching for his hammer. "I'll just make 'em all for her, and whatever."

Spoiler

ID: 183298
CD: 6 (5 +1)
[+1 Uncommon T1 1HAS, -T1 Mat, +5 Exp]

ID: 183299
[+1 Rare T1 1HAS, -T1 Mat, +7 Exp]

ID: 183300
CD: 2 (1 +1)
[-T1 Mat, +3 Exp]

ID: 183301
CD: 4 (3 +1)
LD: 9
[-T1 Mat, +4 Exp]

ID: 183302

ID: 183303
CD:  11 (10 +1)

ID: 183304
CD: 8 (7 +1)
[+1 Uncommon T1 1HAS, -T1 Mat, +5 Exp]

ID: 183305
[-T1 Mat, +3 Exp]

ID: 183306
CD: 12 (11 +1)
[+1 Perfect T1 1HAS, -T1 Mat, +10 Exp]

Edited by Koga

Okay...well...the spears are done at least...but the shield. Koga had hit a wall here. For some reason, he just could not figure out how to make one of these things. In fact, now that Koga thought about it, he didn't think he had ever made a shield before to begin with. You'd think being a High Mentor Blacksmith, he would have made at least one shield at this point, but apparently he had not. And it was not nearly as easy making a shield as it was a suit of armor, or a weapon...which did not seem correct in Koga head...At the end of the day, he shrugged, threw a metal bar into the forge, pulled it out, threw his hammer at it, and got a shield he was at least happy with. Hope Lish likes it.

Spoiler

ID: 183368
[+1 Uncommon T1 Shield, -1 T1 Mat, +5 Exp]

ID: 183369
CD: 1
[-1 T1 Mat, +3 Exp]

ID: 183370

ID: 183371
LD: 17
[+4 Exp]

ID: 183372
LD: 5
[-1 T1 Mat, +4 Exp]

ID: 183373

ID: 183374
LD: 11
[+4 Exp]

ID: 183375
[+1 Perfect T1 Shield, -1 T1 Mat, +10 Exp]

Edited by Koga

Satisfied with his work, Koga sent a quick message over to Lishuu.

Spoiler

To: Lishuu

Hey, your stuff is ready, come on by whenever you wanna pick it up.

By the time Lish would arrive, Koga would have laid all three items across a long crimson cloth, laid across the top of the oak counter top.

"So, I wasn't sure if you wanted a one hander and a shield, or a two hander, so I just made it all. You can thank me later," Koga said as Lish walked in, with a smile on his face. He could only hope she liked the pieces.

@Lishuu

Edited by Koga

Starla entered the shop of the blacksmith that she knew. Last time she was here, she hadn't gone inside. She just had a dagger thrown at her. She was curious as to what the interior of the shop looked like. It seemed Koga was more skilled than she had thought. There were quite a few pieces on display in the shop, although none were enough to catch her attention. She'd need another weapon that was perfect from him. This time, she was hoping for it to be something that was more focused on damage since she had already gotten a set of armor and a trinket to help round herself out. She approached the desk where Koga was and she smiled. "It's time for me to request some help from you Mr. Blacksmith. I need another dagger, but with maximum damage. Sound good?" She laid the Col out on the counter for him. "This good?"

Spoiler

Item Name: Black Star
Profession: Blacksmith
Roll ID:
Roll Result:
Item Type: Dagger
Tier: Tier One
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: DMG III
Description: A weapon as dark as night which emits a strange faint glow. It calls out to an owner who is in tune with the sky and the celestial bodies that remain beyond sight.
Post Link:

Hearing the shop's bell ring, Koga walked out of his forge in the back and out into the shop proper. The man appeared different, with bags under his eyes, and a scowl affixed to his face that didn't even leave when his eyes found Starla. "Hey Star." He at least did her the kindness of greeting her. "Can I help you with something?"

Ah, another dagger. "Yeah, that works. I'll message you when it's ready, hopefully it won't take too long." Hopefully RNGesus would show some mercy for once on the smith. He was getting sick of spending days on a single weapon that shouldn't take him more than a few hours.

Spoiler

ID: 184034
CD: 5 (4 +1)
LD: 1
[-1 T1 Mat, +4 Exp]

ID: 184035
[+1 Perfect T1 Dagger, -1 T1 Mat, +10 Exp]

Edited by Koga

Much to Koga's surprise, the craft only took two attempts. Maybe after everything that Koga had been through the last few days, the god's finally deemed him worthy of a tiny ray of light. Or maybe they just pitied him, who really knew at this point? Whatever the case, the weapon was done, and so after only a couple of hours, Koga had sent Starla a message letting her know her craft was ready.

The weapon would be waiting for her on the counter top, sitting on a crimson cloth, as was his trademark for custom orders. "There you go, all done. No dying now, alright?"

@Starla

Giving to Starla: Perfect T1 Dagger <<Black Star>> DMG III

Edited by Koga

Starla had gotten the message that her custom dagger from Koga was all done. "Oh yay! Hopefully this means I can head out with Yuki soon!" Starla made her way back to the blacksmith shop that Koga owned. As she approached the front, she noticed the name of the business. The Ring and The Sword. Hmm... I didn't see very many rings around. I thought only artisans could do that... But isn't Koga a blacksmith? Starla shook her head. She decided not to think about it too much.

Starla entered the shop and picked up the shiny new dagger. "Mmm~ How perfect! Just what I needed! Expect me to keep visiting you any time I need some equipment. Hopefully it'll help you get some practice in so you can make some of the strongest gear!" Starla winked as she put the dagger into her inventory. "See ya around, Mr. Koga." Starla did a mini-salute with two of her fingers as she exited.

• 2 weeks later...

She really, really needed a new weapon and shield. There was a blacksmith shop that she had passed before, and while it had an artisan station from what she gathered, there wasn't an artisan there. That was alright, she already solved her accuracy problem. She walked into the shop and looked around, finding a lone man in the shop. "Hello, I was hoping to be able to order a one handed straight sword and shield." She summoned a piece of paper that already had the specifications on it that she wanted for the sword and shield. "How much do I owe you for this?" She asked curiously as she handed Koga the paper.

Spoiler

Dynasty is requesting:

Item Name: 
Roll ID: 
Roll Result: 
Item Type: 1HSS
Tier: 1
Enhancements: DMG III
Description: 
Post Link: 

Item Name: 
Roll ID: 
Roll Result: 
Item Type: Shield
Tier: 1
Enhancements: THORNS II & TAUNT
Description: 
Post Link: 

Edited by Dynasty

An unfamiliar purple haired woman, a little older in appearance than Koga strode into the shop, and very quickly handed the blacksmith a piece of paper with two orders on it. The man scrutinized it as he waved the woman off, "I dunno, a bowl of ramen or some bulgogi or something. I'll message you when its ready."

And with that, Koga went into the back and set to work...on the long...long process...of just praying to high heaven that his rolls were good enough that he would be able to get these done in a day or two. They were not.

Spoiler

ID: 185563
CD: 3 (2 +1)
LD: 8
[-1 T1 Mat, +4 Exp]

ID: 185564
[+1 Rare T1 1HSS, -1 T1 Mat, +7 Exp]

ID: 185565
[+1 Uncommon T1 1HSS, -1 T1 Mat, +5 Exp]

ID: 185566

ID: 185567

ID: 185568

ID: 185569
CD: 3 (2 +1)
LD: 17
[+4 Exp]

ID: 185570
LD: 9
[-1 T1 Mat, +4 Exp]

ID: 185571

Edited by Koga

Another day in the shop. Another day of amazingly bad luck. Maybe Koga should just close down the shop permanently. What was the point of all this after all, it wasn't like he made money doing it. Hell, he most certainly lost money. Noct could have the shop to herself too, then. Save them both some trouble. The smith grumbled as he threw another not-what-he-was-looking-for craft into the stockpile and sighed. No, she'd probably hate him even more if he did that. Giving up for the day, Koga dusted his hands off and grabbed his coat, heading out the door.

Spoiler

ID: 185676
[+1 Rare T1 1HSS, -1 T1 Mat, +7 Exp]

ID: 185677
LD: 7
[-1 T1 Mat, +4 Exp]

ID: 185678

ID: 185679

ID: 185680

ID: 185681

ID: 185682
CD: 4 (3 +1)
LD: 15
[+4 Exp]

ID: 185683
[+1 Rare T1 1HSS, -1 T1 Mat, +7 Exp]

ID: 185684
[-1 T1 Mat, +4 Exp]

Edited by Koga

Another day, another nine hours of hammering steel and other various blocks of metal and non-metal in the hopes of it becoming something that even remotely resembles a good craft. Koga sighed. As much as he loved working with his hands, the fact that he had little to no real control over what he was making was absolutely infuriating. Of course, the few times things came out exactly as he wanted were amazing, but all the other time...oh, hey look at that, two perfect crafts without spending thirty thousand years at the forge...the world must be ending of something, Koga reasoned as he sent a message to the customer that her order was ready.

Spoiler

ID: 185914
[-1 T1 Mat, +3 Exp]

ID: 185915
[+1 Perfect T1 One Handed Straight Sword, -1 T1 Mat, +10 Exp]

ID: 185916
[+1 Rare T1 Shield, -1 T1 Mat, +7 Exp]

ID: 185917
CD: 13 (12 +1)
[+1 Perfect T1 Shield, -1 T1 Mat, +10 Exp]

Edited by Koga

The message sent, Koga went to the front of the shop to prepare the display for his customer. Usually simple, it was still something he never neglected to do. He was, after all, proud of the immense pain and luck that he put into these crafts.

As usual, laid across the counter top, a crimson cloth. The sword, still in its sheath, lay atop the cloth and atop the sword, the shield. One might've thought it was a family crest or something.

Satisfied that this would work, Koga sat down in his chair behind the counter, Okami beside him, happily receiving some scratches from his owner, and waited.

@Dynasty

Giving to Dynasty: Perfect T1 1HSS <<Adamantis>>
Perfect T1 Shield <<Nema>>

She walked from the inn, having taken that much-needed nap, and over to Koga's shop. She walked inside, hearing the chime from the bell once more, and she smiled as she saw the sword and shield. She walked over to the display, and she looked them over before looking to Koga. "Thank you do much. Though, my manners escaped me before, I'm Dynasty. Please, let me know when you want that meal, I'll happily pay for this craftmanship." She took the sword and shield, holding true to the payment that he set up when she first dropped off the order.

Receives: Perfect T1 1HSS <<Adamantis>>
Perfect T1 Shield <<Nema>>

• 3 weeks later...

With all this strangeness, and all these strange changes going on, maybe something had changed for the better for Koga? Or at least, he thought it might be worth giving it a shot. Who knew what could happen with a little faith after all? Well, apparently the answer to that question was jack shit. Koga's luck was about as bad as usual, if not worse. The man groaned in frustration as he collapsed into his chair and threw the hammer at the wall, striking it with a heavy thud. "Well...I guess somethings never change. I'm still a shit smith." Truer words have never been spoken.

Spoiler

ID: 187747
+1 Uncommon T4 Light Armor, -1 Mat, +5 Exp

ID: 187748
LD: 4
-1 Mat, +4 Exp

ID: 187749
+1 Rare T4 Light Armor, -1 Mat, +7 Exp

ID: 187750

ID: 187751
-1 Mat, +4 Exp

ID: 187752

ID: 187753

ID: 187754
LD: 18
+4 Exp

ID: 187755

Edited by Koga

Fae walked into the shop, waving at the two inside with a big smile. They looked like a couple, which was always nice to see for Fae. It made the shop feel more like those family owned businesses in the real world, which made it much more of a comfy shopping experience. "Hi! Fae is just here to look around!" Fae greeted them, speaking in third person like always. She looked around the shop, her eyes going straight to the daggers in the display case. Fae hadn't picked up an actual weapon, since she had prioritized armor, but now seemed like a good as time as any to pick up a dagger with some enhancements on it. There were some in stock already, so Fae didn't need to go through the trouble of placing an order and coming back later. One of them caught her eye in particular and she pulled it out of the display case after opening it. It looked pretty sharp, and the enhancements on it were pretty ideal. Yeah, this would work. Fae brought it to the counter in the back of the shop and placed it on the counter to pay. "Fae will take this one, thanks mister! Have a great day!" Fae thanked Koga, then sent him the col needed for the dagger. After that, she would simply skip back to the front and then out of the shop.

Paying 450 col for:

Spoiler

Item Name: Assassin's Blade
Roll ID:  129284
Roll Result: 11
Item Type: Dagger
Tier: 1
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: Damage // Bleed
Description: The blade of an assassin, it's blade is sharp and will certainly inflict unseen damage.
Post Link:

Edited by Fae

"Huh, never been in one of these before...all this gear looks pretty nice..."

Melissa muttered to herself as she entered the shop, looking around curiously. So much cool stuff...and a lot she couldn't use yet. Damned be those level restrictions. Ah well, she could still get some good equipment! Something to start off, and proect her from low-level enemies so she didn't need to worry so much about them. Maybe some basic light armour to start off with? That'd probably be a good balance between allowing her to take some hits, while also allowing her to get some evasion boosts in there. At least, she hoped so. Or maybe heavy armour would be better? Man, trying to decide on that was hard. In the end, she finally made up her mind and decided to go for some basic leather for now. Not seeing anybody about for the moment, she took one of the forms to fill out, before taking a seat.

Spoiler

Item Name: Boiled Leather Armour
Roll ID: [Leave Blank]
Roll Result: [Leave Blank]
Item Type: Light Armour
Tier: T1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: MIT
Description: Basic armour consisting of a boiled leather chestpiece.
Post Link: [Leave Blank]

Edited by Melissa