DMG: 3 // ACC: 1

Skills:
» Curved Sword [Rank 1]

Equipment:
» Okami [Rare Curved Sword [Damage // Accuracy]]

» Black shirt and pants [Vanity]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» 
(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Tala was bored and she was getting tired of just sitting and waiting for this game to be finished. It obviously wasn't going to happen, ever. She wanted to be able to help, so now she was hunting down the NPC named Zakariah. He was supposed to start a series of quests that are meant for level one's like herself. She figured that was going to be the best way to get things rolling for herself. "Where is this darned NPC...how hard can it really be to find him.." That was when she heard the voice and the quest icon popped up. She smiled as she walked over and listened to his speech. Blah, blah, blah, please just stop now... How much can one NPC talk? A lot apparently. Finally, she was able to accept the quest and did just that. She groaned though when she saw the objective and nearly pouted. Still grumbling, she started to walk toward the the wilds, at least, until there was someone very tall in front of her. She gingerly stepped around him and continued on her way out of the town and on the hunt for her needed materials.

@Yukiro

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Yukiro

LEVEL 16
320 HP | 32 EN | 10 DMG | 3 ACC | 18 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG 

Skills:
2H Straight Sword - Rk 3

Skill Mods:
Familiar Mastery Accurate Rk 3

Equipped:

• "Sterondight" - 2H Straight Sword (T1 Perfect) DMG x3
  • "Nightmare Overcoat" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) MIT x2 Prevent 18 damage from successful attacks against you | REG x1 After taking damage, gain Regen at the beginning of your next turn. Heal 5 HP every turn for three rounds. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Regen. Does not stack with Battle Healing. Taking damage while Regen is active will refresh it to its full duration.
  • "Ravenfeather Treads" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) EVA x3 Reduces the die value by 3 on an enemy’s attack against you. Cannot be used to avoid a critical hit.

Equipped Vanity Items:

• "Amber Clover Pendant" - Vanity - LD x2
  • "Witcher's Vambraces" - Vanity - Thorns x2
  • "Jack's Purgatory" - Vanity - Cursed//Burn//Blight//Freeze

Familiar: 

• Yumi - Familiar Mastery: Accurate rk 3 - ACC x3

Battle-ready Items:

T1 Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) x5
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP) x3
Crystal of Agile Dragon Wings (Teleport crystal) x2
T1 Damage Potion. (+1 Damage) x1
T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP) x2

The gentle breeze flapped Yukiro's coat and ruffle his hair. He was on his way out of the Town of Beginnings with the intention of testing himself. He'd recently hit some new levels and he wanted to know how much stronger he'd gotten. And he knew the perfect thing to test himself on. 
There was a mob that rarely spawned on floor one called a manticore. And he had personal grudges against it, so it was also a good opportunity to unleash some of his pent up anger. Why did he have a grudge? That's a story for another time. 
As he walked a smaller girl weaved around him and continued forward. She looked new; that gear was clearly for a beginner. Under different circumstances he might have asked if she wanted help. 
But he decided against it. He needed to get going. Yukiro started to quickly jog toward the town gates, eager to commit genocide against manticores. 

@Tala

Spoiler

Tala: HP: 20/20 // EN: 2/2 // DMG: 3 // ACC: 1

She would have kept walking, but something made her stop. She couldn't quite place what it was, until she turned around and noticed the tall person she almost walked into walking by her. Hey! He looks like he needs a friend and someone to travel with. Her thoughts echoed that as she started to move once more, only this time, jogging to catch up to the guy. "Hey there! I was wondering something." She paused for a moment, hoping that he was going to stop as she continued to talk. "Well, I'm stuck doing these beginner quests and you look like you could use some company. Now, I don't want to subject you to the terror of these quests, but I was wondering if you wanted to come with?" Boy could she talk, but she meant well with her words, now it was just a matter of if he thought the same. Of course, she was giving the guy a beaming smile as she pulled up the interface and looked at him. Yeah, he would be able to kill anything that comes at them, that was no problem. Yukiro... She made a mental note to remember that as she shot him a party invitation as well as a friend request. Which was he going to accept, that was the golden question.

@Yukiro

"Hey there! I was wondering something.
Yukiro stopped walking and looked down at the source of the voice. Oh, it was the girl from earlier. 
"What's going on?" he asked in the most gentle voice he could muster. 
"
Well, I'm stuck doing these beginner quests and you look like you could use some company. Now, I don't want to subject you to the terror of these quests, but I was wondering if you wanted to come with?"
Wow she talked a lot. Yukiro didn't really want to repeat the beginner quests again...
The girl had a beaming beaming smile that made if difficult for Yukiro to say no. 

That and she'd already sent him both a friend request and a party invitation. Yukiro sighed and accepted both. 
"Yeah, I'll join you. What's your name?" he asked. She looked... familiar. But he knew he'd never seen her before. Ah, no matter. "I'll let you lead the way."

@Tala

Spoiler

ID: 129737
LD: 7 >>FAIL<<

Thankfully, he had stopped walking. But holy darn was he tall. Looking up at him was almost like looking up a mountain. Was he abnormally tall, or was she just short? Either way, she had to rub her neck after a moment to get that stiff feeling to go away. But after her little speech, there was a sigh that came from Yukiro. Uh oh? She has done it again huh? Poked her nose where it didn't belong or bullied her way into something. Well, that was going to be a bad thing if he didn't exactly feel like being on this adventure.

Of course, looking at his level, this wasn't much of an adventure at all. "Yay! I'm so glad! Though please, if I get on your nerves, do feel free to tell me to stop talking. My brother would always tell me that I talk to much and that I have a habit of rambling, but really, I just think it's part of my nature to be a friend to everyone you know. But that is a bad thing too I guess because most people don't want someone around who just talks to much I guess. I don't know. What do you think?"

Pause, "Oh yeah! My name is Tala! It's really nice to meet you!" That beaming smile was still on her face as she happily started to lead them out of the town. "So, I got to get materials. Fetch quests suck, but I guess they are a necessary evil. Though, I wonder, do you know the best way to find these materials? I need five of them, and well, if my luck is anything like my brother's I'm never going to find these things." Walking and talking someone's ear off, two things that she seemed to excel at in the moment.

@Yukiro

Edited by Tala
Spoiler

ID# 129745 | LD: 20

"Yay! I'm so glad! Though please, if I get on your nerves, do feel free to tell me to stop talking. My brother would always tell me that I talk to much and that I have a habit of rambling, but really, I just think it's part of my nature to be a friend to everyone you know. But that is a bad thing too I guess because most people don't want someone around who just talks to much I guess. I don't know. What do you think?"
Yukiro had to take a moment to process all the information. 
"I suppose it's a good trait. Better than not talking at all," he reasoned to himself. Great, there was another reason for him to be disappointed in himself. 
"Oh yeah! My name is Tala! It's really nice to meet you!" Tala said, still beaming as she lead them out of the town. "So, I got to get materials. Fetch quests suck, but I guess they are a necessary evil. Though, I wonder, do you know the best way to find these materials? I need five of them, and well, if my luck is anything like my brother's I'm never going to find these things."
"It's nice to meet you too, Tala. It's only difficult sometimes. I'll show you where I go to get them." 
After leaving town Yukiro lead Tala to a small patch of flowers. He kneeled down and picked one, holding it up for her to see. 

@Tala

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

ID: 129748
LD: 11 >>SUCCESSFUL<<

Obtained This Thread:
Tier 1 Crafting Material (1)

Perhaps she spoke too much that time? She took a wild guess to say no when Yukiro didn't tell her to stop talking, or to at least breath. "I suppose it's a good trait. Better than not talking at all." She looked at him for a moment before she shook her head. "I think both have their perks and disadvantages. Talking means that people can find you faster if you are trying to hide, but it also means that you have a better chance at getting to know someone. But if you don't talk, then you don't get caught while trying to be sneaky, but it also makes people feel like you may not like them. Honestly, I just think that both are good and bad, it might just depend on the moment that is happening."

Like right then, she probably should have stopped talking, but she didn't. Oh well. Since he wasn't telling her to stop talking, it seemed to her that he was just either trying to get over the fact that she could talk so much, or he was enjoying not being the one doing all of the talking. Of course, there were probably other factors, but that wasn't what crossed her mind at the moment. Instead, she nodded and happily followed him as he walked to a small patch of flowers. Low and behold, he managed to grab a piece of material. She looked around herself, and soon enough something glinted from the ground. "Oh yay!" She quickly grabbed the material and placed it into her inventory, happy as a clam at the moment. 

"But I might still just have my brother's luck really. Bad luck seems to follow us everywhere. Others find it funny, I find it annoying, unless it's happening to him, then it's funny." Just thinking on Masato having to do this quest was hilarious to her. But then, he was a level nine right now, so that means that he has had to have done it already. But the question of with who flared up in her mind, instant jealously crossing her face before she rid herself of those thoughts. Instead, she looked back at Yukiro, trying to hold that same smile. "So! What is it that you tend to do when you aren't being so helpful or killing things?"

@Yukiro

Edited by Tala
Spoiler

ID# 129754 | LD: 10
1/5 T1 Materials found

"Oh yay!" Tala grabbed a material and placed it into her inventory. 
Hm. This might go faster than he expected. 
"
But I might still just have my brother's luck really. Bad luck seems to follow us everywhere. Others find it funny, I find it annoying, unless it's happening to him, then it's funny."
"You must have quite the brother," Yukiro commented quietly. 
Tala smiled at Yukiro. "So! What is it that you tend to do when you aren't being so helpful or killing things?
"Eh?" What else? 
... What else did he do? He had to take a moment to ponder the question. 
"Erm... I. don't actually... Do... Anything else," he said quietly.
Wow. That was so sad it depressed Yukiro even further. 
"What about you? What do you like to do?" Yukiro asked quickly, looking at the ground for something to gather. He found nothing. "If I may ask, of course." 
Yukiro tried to smile, but he wasn't sure how it turned out, so he just looked back at the ground. 

@Tala

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

ID: 129764
LD: 8 >>FAIL<<

Obtained This Thread:

"You must have quite the brother." She nodded quickly. She did think that he was quite the brother. In fact, she found it funny to tease him all of the time. "What about you? Do you have siblings that you can reunite with after this infernal game is defeated?" She wanted to think on the bright side that everyone was going to make it out of this. Well, everyone who was left at least. But it was her question on hobbies that seemed to throw him through a loop for a moment. She searched while he thought, finding nothing just yet.

"Erm... I. don't actually... Do... Anything else." She stared at him for a moment before chuckling softly. "Everyone does something silly. I'll even tell you something only my brother knows. I tend to do music. Sing or play the saxophone. Either one really works for me. So I'm certain that there has to be something that you do that is mindless like that!" She smiled, even though she just told him something that she didn't tell many others, she hoped that it would help him feel a bit more comfortable. She had a feeling that that wasn't the case though.

She noticed that he had tried to smile, and she couldn't help but smile lightly. "Okay, I may talk a whole lot, but I can tell when something is up. I know you don't know me and I probably annoy the heck out of you right now, but if you wanna vent or just talk, tell me to shut up and I'll listen." There was that beaming smile of her's again as she offered a hopefully, new friend an ear to listen.

@Yukiro

Edited by Tala
Spoiler

ID# 129768 | LD: 3

"Everyone does something silly. I'll even tell you something only my brother knows. I tend to do music. Sing or play the saxophone. Either one really works for me. So I'm certain that there has to be something that you do that is mindless like that!" she smiled. 
Yukiro rubbed the back of his neck. "Er, no... I spend every day out helping someone do something. And when I'm not I'm either sleeping or going out to fight. Even in real life it was all combat," he told her dejectedly. 
And sadly it was the truth. He had no life. 
Pathetic. 
Tala started to smile lightly at him. "Okay, I may talk a whole lot, but I can tell when something is up. I know you don't know me and I probably annoy the heck out of you right now, but if you wanna vent or just talk, tell me to shut up and I'll listen." She finished with that beaming smile of hers. It made Yukiro feel warmer. Maybe... 
No. Not a chance he would divulge his weakness. 
"No, it's nothing. Just... nothing." 
Yukiro kept his eyes down. 

@Tala

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

ID: 129769
LD: 3 >>FAIL<<

Obtained This Thread:

"That's still something of a hobby though! Just because you don't take a break from it, doesn't mean it's something to feel bad about really. It just means that you're a kind and helpful person, at least, that's how I like to look at it. I mean, if you break it down, someone who wants to harm others or is miserable, well, they don't exactly like to help others. And if they do, they tend to make it...boring. But for me, I'm having fun! I've met a new person, you've shown me a good place to find some materials, even if I do have my brother's luck. But really, you're just being kind and helpful, and that's nice to see with us being stuck in this game for this long."

Right then, she must have forgotten how to pause and breath properly. She wasn't gasping for breath, but she sure was breathing a little quicker as if to catch her breath back. But still, happy and beaming smile. That seemed to be a trademark for her at this point. "No, it's nothing. Just... nothing." That didn't even make the smile falter. "Okay. I get the feeling that it isn't 'nothing' but, you don't want to talk on it so I'll let it be, for now. But! If you do want to talk on it, or on anything else, you can just message me, or like I said, tell me to shut up!" Tala looked around once more to see if she could find something shiny, but there was nothing. Oh well, perhaps it hadn't spawned back yet.

"Have you gotten yourself a familiar yet? My brother got a wolf and it looks so cool! I can't wait to go and find one for myself really." Of course, she was also told of how torturous that hunt was, as well as training it, but she was still bound and determined to get one anyways.

@Yukiro

Edited by Tala
Spoiler

ID# 129771 | CD: 6
1/5 T1 Materials

Tala's smile didn't falter for a moment. 
"Okay. I get the feeling that it isn't 'nothing' but, you don't want to talk on it so I'll let it be, for now. But! If you do want to talk on it, or on anything else, you can just message me, or like I said, tell me to shut up!"
Yukiro took a moment to process that. "I will. Thank you." 
"Have you gotten yourself a familiar yet? My brother got a wolf and it looks so cool! I can't wait to go and find one for myself really.
Yukiro nodded. "Yeah, I got one. He's just sleeping right now," he said, stopping to put a hand on his chest, right where a large pocket was. 
A sudden, surprisingly loud rasping sound, almost the same as a cicada, came from the pocket. "Ah, my mistake. He was sleeping just now. He's awake now." Yukiro peeked into the pocket. "Sorry Yumi." 
A little while after Yukiro went back to gathering a sugar glider's head poked out of his pocket. 

@Tala

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

ID: 129778
LD: 13 >>SUCCESSFUL<<

Obtained This Thread:
Tier 1 Crafting Material (2)

"I will. Thank you." She nodded lightly, "You're welcome." The conversation soon changed to the talk about familiars. She was grateful to see another person with a familiar. She watched where he put his hand and she smiled. It was good to see that people took such good care of their familiars. Yeah, they were AI's but they were still basically pets. That was as close as she was going to get to being able to own any kind of pet right now anyways. She pouted a bit at the rasping sound when it came and she looked at the little head that poked out of the pocket moments later. "Awww, he's so cute!!!!" She smiled once more but her attention was grabbed by something shiny on the ground. Picking up the material, she pocketed it before looking back to Yukiro and his familiar. "What is he?" She was excited to see something so small and so cute at the same time.

@Yukiro

Edited by Tala
Spoiler

ID# 129786 | LD: 11
2/5 T1 Materials

"Awww, he's so cute!!!! What is he?" Tala asked. Yukiro reached into his pocket and brought out the small critter. Yumi looked up at Yukiro and then over at Tala. 
"He's a sugar glider. He can fly, kinda. If you can convince him to not just jump, that is," he said as the sugar glider sat in his hand, looking between Yukiro and Tala. Yukiro noticed the sparkle in Tala's eyes as she looked at Yumi. 
Yukiro took one of Tala's hands and gently had it reach out, palm facing up. "Here." He placed Yumi in her hand. "You can hold him for a while. Just be aware he might run up and down your arms," he said as he went back to gathering. 
Oh, lucky him. Yukiro picked out a flower that didn't shatter in his hand and added it to his inventory. That made two, only three more to go. Once he was done with the flower he turned back to Tala, mainly checking to see how she was doing with the sugar glider. 

@Tala

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

ID: 129787
LD: 5 >>FAIL<<

Obtained This Thread:
Tier 1 Crafting Material (2)

She watched as Yukiro pulled Yumi from his pocket and she smiled still. "Oh, he's just so adorable! I can't believe that you managed to find something so cute and adorable out here!" Her eyes seemed to be trained on the tiny little sugar glider, to where she was momentarily startled when Yukiro took her hand. She was about to pull it away gently, when Yukiro started to put Yumi in her palm. "You can hold him for a while. Just be aware he might run up and down your arms." Right now, she was a-okay with the little critter running up and down her arms.

"Oh! Thank you!" For once, she was speechless. With Yumi in her palm, it made it easier for her to keep an eye out for a material that she needed, but soon enough, she had a sugar glider trying to climb her arm. She chuckled lightly as she watched Yumi, mainly to be sure that he didn't fall off. She also might want to just study the little guy. "Have you found his favorite food yet?" All animals had to have a favorite food, right?

@Yukiro

Edited by Tala
Spoiler

ID# 129794 | LD: 3
2/5 T1 Materials found

"Oh! Thank you!"
For the first time since Yukiro had met her she was speechless. Yukiro relished the quiet while he could. It didn't last long, but it was enough to satisfy him. 
"
Have you found his favorite food yet?
Yukiro kept digging around for materials. 
"Yeah. He's actually got good taste," he told her, "His favorite food seems to be honey. Though he won't hesitate to steal whatever I'm eating." He turned to look at Yumi and whispered, "That burrito was irreplaceable, Yumi. Irreplaceable." 
Yukiro turned his attention back to gathering. He wasn't finding anything though, so he flopped backward and looked at the sky, laying on his back. "You mentioned that you like to sing? One of my sisters likes that too," he mentioned, trying to start something of a conversation, "What's your favorite kind to sing?" 
Yukiro had never been tried singing, so even if he didn't want to admit it, he was curious to find out. Not enough to try it, though.

@Tala

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

ID: 129801
LD: 19 >>SUCCESSFUL<<

Obtained This Thread:
Tier 1 Crafting Material (3)

So Yumi liked honey? That was something that she would keep in mind in case she and Yukiro ever met again. She laughed lightly though at the talk of the food. "I guess he just wants to be sure that it was safe for you, or he just wants everything you eat. I know pets in the real world who do both, it's adorable in a way because it shows just how much that they actually love you." She looked at the little sugar glider though and went to rub it's head lightly. She noticed though that Yukiro was laying down now and she saw a material right next to him so she picked it up gently.

"You mentioned that you like to sing? One of my sisters likes that too. What's your favorite kind to sing?" She thought for a moment, gently stroking the sugar glider's head. "I don't actually have a set genre for that. I don't entirely sing in front of others. Too many people saying I suck and all of that, so I mainly just sing for myself and...Koga, right that's his name here." No, she wasn't about to out her brother's real name on accident, thank goodness she remembered names like that, and it worked. Both of their names were wolf related if someone wanted to actually think on it.

"What about your sister though? What does she like to sing?" This is what small talk was? Getting to slowly know people without actually delving too much? Eh, she just liked to talk to others, it was a downfall and an upside.

@Yukiro

Edited by Tala
Spoiler

ID# 129807 | LD: 4

Oi. Oi oi oi. What was that? Her brother was Koga? No. no no no no no no no. He'd heard wrong. He'd heard her wrong right? Yeah, he definitely heard her wrong. She was in no way related to Koga. Not a chance. 
"I mainly just sing for myself and...Koga, right that's his name here.
AAAAAAAAAHHHH! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! NO WAY. KOGA DIDN'T HAVE A SISTER. NOT POSSIBLE. NO WAY. 
"I mainly just sing for myself and...Koga, right that's his name here.
SHE'S KOGA'S SISTER!!! THAT'S NOT GOOD! HE COULDN'T TAKE MORE OF THIS FAMILY!! 
Yukiro sat up. 
"I'm sure you're a great singer, really. My sister generally sings... pop, I think?" he did his best to keep his voice perfectly calm. Was Tala going to kidnap her too? He needed to be fully on guard. This was very, very bad. 

@Tala

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

ID: 129811
LD: 8 >>FAIL<<

Obtained This Thread:
Tier 1 Crafting Material (3)

He was really, really, really, quiet. This was kind of unnerving in the moment. She looked at him, only to feel Yumi trying to climb off of her, so she instead helped the Sugar Glider down and placed him next to Yukiro. Something was bugging Yuki in the moment, and she didn't know what. Did she say something wrong? Oh she hoped that she didn't. She felt like she had been making a friend, it would be a horrible thing right now to ruin that. She didn't want to dwell on the fact that she might have said something horrible. So instead, she looked for anything that might be worthy of being a material. But nothing yet, oh well.

"I'm sure you're a great singer, really. My sister generally sings... pop, I think?" She looked back Yukiro to see him sitting up now. "Pop is good." The fact that she might have said something wrong still dwelled in her mind before she finally snapped on the thought. "I didn't say something wrong did I? You seem...I don't know how to explain it. But if I did, I apologize, I truly do..." She sat down then and looked around them for a moment, she would be able to still see any kind of material if it was the materialize by her. But right now, her eyes went back to Yukiro as she waited to see if she had said something wrong.

@Yukiro

Edited by Tala
Spoiler

ID# 129820 | LD: 12
3/5

"I didn't say something wrong did I? You seem...I don't know how to explain it. But if I did, I apologize, I truly do...
"You didn't," Yukiro responded without hesitating, "You didn't say anything wrong." 
He wasn't lying. It was more his own cautiousness for Koga that spurred on his reaction, so it wasn't her fault at all. Yumi hopped onto Yukiro's arm and climbed up onto his head; Yumi's favorite place, for some reason. 
Should I tell her I know Koga? It might be for the best. Yeah, maybe I should. 
"Yeah, I know Koga," he told Tala, "We met out here, in the field. He was fighting boars." 
As he spoke Yukiro plucked a flower from the ground and added it to his inventory. "Next time you see him tell him I say hi." 
Yukiro kept his eyes trained on the ground. He wasn't sure he wanted to tell the girl that her brother had kidnapped him. She might not be very happy with that. 

@Tala

Edited by Yukiro