[NLY-F11] New Life Years Festival

On Floor 11, the bells of the Cathedral started chiming very loudly. People from all over the floor could hear it, even those high up in the mountains. After the second day of chiming all over the floor, snow began to fall from the heavens. Every spot on the floor became white and cold. Slowly, NPCs gathered up at the plaza in front of the Cathedral. The Cathedral became quiet as stalls gradually began cropping up around the stony edifice. These stalls housed a mosaic of products. Food, gifts, and equipment lined the walkways with a single, massive tree nestled within the center. Moments later, a large man with a brown robe walked into the cathedral. The bells that lined the castle started chiming in protest to his sudden appearance, no less than 108 times. Drawn to the sounds of the Cathedral’s chimes, the man stepped out into the plaza and hit his spear on the floor, halting the seemingly never ending cry of the bells. Removing his hood revealed long white hair and beard, and he cast a smile at the passersby investigating the area.

"Ho ho ho! I welcome you all to the New Life Festival! You are all welcome to come and go and have a wonderful time here. My Name is Father Wuotan, the giver of joy and hope. I will be giving hope and joy to you all on this day and the coming weeks, but only if you do as I say." He paused, stroking his beard as he looked around the players. "I see many have gathered to give and take, and today and in the coming weeks this will not change. I want you all to share with the ones you care about. Be with them to give hope, be with them to give joy, give them a New Life." He looks behind him into the cathedral and then back to the players. "I know many have suffered too much already. But not only today shall I give and take, but also grant a wish for anyone who seeks my help for a new hope." He placed his hand into his robe to take out a bell, tapping it with the tip of his spear. As its tuen rang out over the plaza, snow started falling again and a cold breeze rolled through the city. The whole plaza felt warm as some sort of ethereal effect settled in, and as players looked up, they could see the name of the effect hovering in plain text amidst the clouds. New Life Spirit.

Father Wuotan walked inside and sat down in the middle of the Cathedral in front of the teleporter and smiled. "Have fun all, and come and see me if you want! I can tell you something fun if you do!" His voice faded before he once again hit the floor with his spear, still smiling from ear to ear.

With that, the NPCs started to call over to the players, invitations to come to their stall to get gifts and have fun. A man with a lumberjack-looking fellow with a red beard stood at a stall calling over people to try out his little game. "COME HERE, COME HERE, TRY YOUR LUCK AND ENJOY THE GIFTS!" he bellows as he waves people over. Smiling as people walk up to him, he begins with a greeting. "Welcome, I'm Brady. If you’re here to try your luck, the rules are very simple. You simply throw this disc at the board to try and hit the snowman. You get four tries, and every Snowman has its own score. The snow in the far back is the highest score and the one right here is the lowest. Trust me, you always get a prize no matter your score. It's about giving today so try it if you want!" he says with a big smile on his face, pointing at his stall and the snowman figures nestled within it.

Next to the man sits a woman in warm clothing. She waves you over with a smile. "Like Father said, its give and receive. So please take a drink, I made it myself. Its warmed chocolate with something of my own, I promise you won't regret it. But just remember to keep it warm. I can't promise it will work after some time," she said with a smile, holding her own mug in her hand. The stall looked warm and the aura around it was sweet, leaving you feeling as though your senses had gotten a bit of a boost after smelling it.

Snow continued to fall as the quiet cacophony of bells ringing permeated the entirety of the floor. Not only the bells of the Cathedral, but everywhere as Father Wuotan sat laughing. You could see the joy on his face, knowing the meaning behind this festival was to spread hope and joy to all the players of Aincrad, as well as a melancholy note for the ones that did not make it.

Brandy's Disc Throwing

Spoiler

Every player gets 4 chances to throw the disc at the target. Every target has its own point. There are 4 targets Two in the middle one in the front and the other one at the back. Players use the Dice Roller to make a BD roll. This role you MUST declare to throw at which target. Every Target has its own difficulty to hit. Example: Throwing Disc at Target 1

Target 1 Need BD 2+

Target 2 Need BD 4+

Target 3 Need BD 6+

Target 4 Need BD 9+

ACC mods DO NOT WORK HERE

Target 1 | 1 Point

Target 2 | 2 Points

Target 3 | 4 Points

Target 4 | 5 Points

Rewards For Disc Throwing:

One reward per person of the set amount of points.

0 Points: 

• 700 Col

1-5 Points:

• 1500 Col

6-10 Points:

• Hershey's Kiss, Protein 2, Over-Health 2 |
  • Peppermint lollipop, Vitality 2, EVA 2 |

11-16 Points:

• New Life Song, Support Song, antifreeze for 4 turn, 40 HP regen * Tier |
  • New Life Carol, Support Song,  antifreeze for 4 turn, Incarceration 2 |

17-20 Points:

• Chiming (weapon), Freeze 1, ACC 2 |
  • Chiming Metal (Armor), Frost Thorns, MIT 2 |
  • Chiming leather (Armor), Antifreeze, MIT 2 |

Hot Coco Stand

Spoiler

Every player can just take ONE hot cocoa, THIS item cannot be traded and is bound to your character. They do NOT stack with potions. The Items only work in the given time of the event.

Hot Cocoa gifts:

• Sharp Hot Cocoa, LD+4
  • Hopel Hot Cocoa,  Heals 80 * Tier HP
  • Fast Hot Cocoa, ACC 2, EVA 2
  • Protected Hot Cocoa, 20 MIT * Tier
  • Very Hot Cocoa, Antifreeze
  • Lucky Hot Cocoa, Prosperity 4

Father Wuotan Visit

Spoiler

In order to get Father Wuotan to visit you in a thread you MUST do the following,

• Make a PP or OP with 2 or more people
  • Have visited the Event Thread
  • Celebrate the Event 

If done so maybe He will pay a visit and give you something worth a while, its all up to you.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alkor walked out into the town and looked around. Not only was it beautiful, it was decked out for the festival. He listened as various NPCs called out instructions and promises of good cheer, and thoughts of his family at Christmas came to his mind. It was the only time they all ever really came together. He had already missed many of them. Did his family miss him? Had they given him up for dead?

Ah, well. It was a time for cheer, and the game seemed to insist on everyone having a good mood in spite of their losses. For Alkor, it was a chance to meet up with Players he had not seen in a very long time, and possibly see people who he knew as well.

He strolled through and looked over the various events and items they had laid out, and a woman who offered him hot cocoa smiled. Alkor looked at the options and discovered they had a plethora of effects that could be useful to him at some point in the future. "I'll take... this one," he declared as he pointed out the item he wanted.

After all, speed was his path of choice, and it only made sense for him to take an item that offered it. The others had great things going for them, but they just didn't seem up his alley. The cocoa was meant for the event anyway, so it wouldn't hurt to take whatever appealed to him the most.

As it went to his inventory, he sauntered toward the game where the lumberjack offered Players a chance to throw the ball. "Oh, it's a marksmanship type carnival game," he muttered to himself. "I wonder if I can hit the targets." He chuckled.

"Don't know if I don't try, I guess."

He took the ball in hand, tossed it in the air a few times to get a feel for it, then took aim and cocked back. "Here goes..."

Spoiler

Fast Hot Cocoa, ACC 2, EVA 2

Only works during the event.

Guess it was my luck, Getting to the floor was for me just to find out what the hell was going on and why the floors Cathedral started being so loud. Getting here, however, was a wonder I would say. The only floor that I knew that had is Floor 4, and I was nowhere near that floor at all. Getting a warm jacket over my armor made me feel at least warmer now. Maybe its an event like a snowman pop out and attacked like the last event but it seemed to be calm right now. Even the NPC's looked calm and I looked around for a minute seeing that some of them set up stalls as well. I was really wondering what was going on before I saw the snow and the was getting clearer to me seeing what kind of date it was. It was nearing Christmas and it seemed that this place was going to be the main event so far.

Walking around for a second A Man walked up, is he the boss or something. He is quite tall for sure and that spear he is holding what it that. It was really confusing until the guy spoke talking about loss and love, about giving and getting. It was all too true and maybe he spoke a bit to the heart. Who is this guy and why does he look like the perfect image of Santa Claus. Hearing the name made me think even more Father Wuotan, A guy who was here to celebrate this party. Well, I didn't really have anyone around here to party with so I just listened to the guys' words and nodded in silence.

Once he was done People started to yell out and I looked over to the people who talked out, both NPC's both doing something for the event. I was not in the mood for the disc throwing yet but I did want toms hot Cocoa. walking over to the lady selling it or giving it away to people I smiled friendly and looked for a bit to see what kind of taste I wanted. A Fast Cocoa seemed nice for sure, Maybe I could take that one.  But the Lucky seemed nice as well. Hard choice for sure but what do I want. Well let's take the Fast Hot Cocoa, I smiled friendly to the NPC and took a cub of it and walked over to the middle sitting down at a bench looking over the plaza. The snow was a nice touch for sure but I did not really have anyone to do this calibration with at all. Even tho everyone said 'Nobody deserves to be alone with Christmas' I was alone sadly.

Taking Fast Hot Cocoa, ACC 2, EVA 2

Dressed in a thick coat lined with white fur - Mari entered.

Events were usually open to all, no matter the colour that loomed above their head. For some time, Mari had avoided events like these so she wouldn’t cause trouble, she didn’t want to bother others - nor did she want others to bother her, but. With newfound strength - and the smallest flickers of hope, the woman decided that today would be the day she would return to the events. If it went well - that’d be a step in the right direction, if it ended terribly at least the woman could say she tried.

"Share with the ones you care about huh?" Mari asked herself. Her blue eyes drifted over to Alkor. She doubted he'd share the same sentiments. That he'd even want to talk to her right now, didn't she promise him that she would see him again when her cursor was green? That hadn't happened yet...The Redemption had been up-scaled and became more difficult, so she was still preparing for it.  Mari had sent Alkor a few messages but he hadn't responded to them yet. Her small brows furrowed. Did he... not want to see her?

Azure eyes shifted back to the strange NPC - grant a wish for anyone who wants to seek my help for a new hope

A wish...

What would her wish be, for her marker to be green? For Alkor to be safe? The impossible - to have her daughter return to her? Mari took a deep breath and sighed. She doubted any of her wishes would be able to come true. She wasn't even sure why she bothered coming here.  To see what people were like these days? To do as Macradon suggested - and to explore again to see how things had changed?

Instead of heading straight to Alkor the orange-haired woman shifted to the thing she felt most attracted to - the hot cocoa stand. "Hrmm..." Each one would only work within the time of the event? Mari had her blades - but was currently in the process of updating her armour -so which would suit her better? Her hand reached out to take the only one that made any real sense to her.

Mari Took Fast Hot Cocoa, ACC 2, EVA 2 

"Thank-you." Mari said to the old woman, who held up her own mug toward Mari in return as a gesture of good-will. 

She looked down at it, it looked like a regular drink, but when was the last time the woman was able to enjoy something like this? Being a PKer made it so hard to acquire any sort of decent food. A small, serene smile tugged at the side of Mari's lips as she drew in a breath. It smelt of cinnamon, and nutmeg, and the warmth tickled her fingers and rolled up her arms.

Surely...he wouldn't mind a hello. And if he did - she would leave the man to his own devices... So with hot cocoa in hand Mari approached Alkor from behind. “Try not to miss too hard.” She mused before taking a sip from the cocoa. Mari closed her eyes as the taste of rich chocolate filled her mouth. With a swallow it's warmth traveled down to spread in the pit of her stomach.

The man could tell her he hated her right now, and she doubted the cold would reach her with the warmth she currently held in her hands.

"I've missed this..." She whispered into the cup as she watched Alkor attempt to throw discs at little snowmen. 

@Alkor

*omg I'm an idiot I thought I had to roll to figure out what cocoa I got - ignore that roll I ded.

Edited by Mari

"Whoaaaa....."

Lilac eyes widened as Ceres stepped into the event. "This...is...amazing...." She had never been beyond the 4th floor - and had avoided that particular floor after bumping into a rather rude man there who did nothing but berate her and make her feel bad.  It was a good thing she met NIGHT long after - who helped put things in perspective. Who helped point out that sometimes, just sometimes Ceres could be quite oblivious to how her actions were perceived. NIGHT had also shown Ceres that there were kind-hearted people here, she had met Lessa, Image result for yona akatsuki fanartand NIGHT. Who were both amazing.

Lilac eyes soured when they landed on a very familiar set of black robes. "Alkor." She muttered under her breath. She didn't recognize the girl next to him, but felt sorry for her - he'd probably be just as rude to her. Still - she would avoid him. Why deal with that? This event was meant to be a happy one. Ceres slapped her face twice with the palms of her hands. No. Bad thoughts should not be here today. This event was stunning. Crystalline flakes of snow fell from the sky - gently caressing her cheeks and clothes with a touch of cold that soon dissipated. 

Ceres thought it'd be colder... yet she felt no real sense of frost here - was it a special effect from the event? She wasn't sure...before she knew it her feet had dragged her straight to the hot cocoa stand and an option sat in front of her as to which she should choose. "Well...this is easy." She said as she reached for the Lucky Hot Cocoa. "I could always use some more luck."

<<CERES COLLECTS LUCKY HOT COCOA - PROSPERITY +4>>  

Right.

Let's try and meet some new people.

With new purpose Ceres approached the only other player who was currently at the event. A girl with flowing locks of coral flowing like silken flames down her back. She sat alone on a bench drinking a cup of hot cocoa. The redheaded woman promptly sat down next to the other player - perhaps a little too close, but Ceres had failed to notice. "Isn't this lovely?" She asked the other woman. "I've...never been to an event like this." Her eyes trailed over the stalls with the friendly NPCs beckoning players over. "I've...never been to any events really - I suppose I've been missing out." She turned to face the other woman. "I like yor hair - the colour and length suits you." 

Ceres gave the player another grin, "I'm Ceres." She blinked as she glanced down at the mug the other woman held. "Ohh..." Ceres leaned over to look inside it. "What kind did you get? I got the lucky one, I always tend to have such bad luck. So maybe this one will help me?" Ceres held up her own mug and gave an awkward laugh.

This was normal interaction, right? She hadn't forgotten anything, or done anything too forward again, had she?

@Azhoda

She had heard of some event on the eleventh floor, she even sent Koga a message to let him know that she was headed up to that floor to check it out. She was curious about it really. Plus, she was hoping he'd come along, it would be fun, especially since the engagement happened. Yeah, she was still a bit giddy on that part, but the smile that was on her face as she walked to the Cathedral was proof that she was happy once more. She was drawn to the NPC who was talking though, his event sounded interesting to her, and it was just meant to have fun. No hunting and killing things? Thank goodness, she didn't think that she would be able to hurt some poof elf. That would just be evil really.

She started to walk and already, two NPCs were grabbing for her attention. She enjoyed that factor, it made the event feel that much better to her really. She smiled at the woman first as she grabbed one of the hot coco's, "Thank you so much." She then turned and looked at Brady, "Give me a bit to look around, I promise I'll be back." With that, she started to walk. She wondered when Koga was going to show up, but she might also be wondering who she was going to be able to meet today.

She noticed that people we re already grouping up and that made another smile come to her face before she settled for leaning against a building sipping the hot coco.

Spoiler

Noctua received: (1) Fast Hot Cocoa, ACC 2, EVA 2

Did she deserve to actually be celebrating anything to do with Christmas or any holiday like it? Probably not honestly, not with the drama and horrible crap she has already started. But it was done and over with, and she hadn't gotten anyone kill, they got mauled and bruised, but not killed, so that was a good thing. She sullenly walked around the Cathedral before she stopped at the hot coco stand. She silently grabbed one of the hot cocos before she tried to offer a soft smile, it probably looked horrible.

She walked and sipped the hot coco, she knew a certain person leaning against a building, but Tala was still actively avoiding her brother's fiance, no more drama was needed for them. So instead, she walked over to the game that was set up and she watched the man who was trying to play the game. She wasn't interested just yet, but she figured that if she watched, she might be able to get into trying the the game out herself. The snow though, she could do without, the desert rat in her shivering lightly before she threw on her jacket. 

The child tried to think on how the best way would be to manage the game that she was staring at. Marksmanship was probably more her brother's thing than her own. It was something that she was still curious about trying. Perhaps after watching this one guy play it, that might be able to help her figure out her own way of getting it done.

Spoiler

Tala obtained: Sharp Hot Cocoa, LD+4

"Oh Bast look! He made it snow!" The woman was ecstatic about that. She didn't exactly know why, but there was one thing that was known by now, only the panther by her side was ever able to truly see her personality. Anyone else, just saw a loner. But right now, it was snowing and it was Christmas time. Of course, that just means it is about to be yet another year in the game, but, she was still alive. But it was the panther who was worried, and it could be heard by the whining growl that came from the giant cat. Well, it first started off as a growl and turned into a whine. The poor cat didn't like the snow, her jet black fur being covered with white snow flakes.

"Oh don't worry Bast, it won't dye your fur white, or will it," poor choice Neph, because the giant cat just barked a growl at you. Neph held her hands up before grabbing a chunk of meat, "Peace offer?" The panther eyed her for a moment before gingerly taking the meat from Neph's hand and purred while she devoured the meat. Neph laughed before the pair started to walk once more. She was curious about this event, but didn't know exactly what she wanted to do for it. She wasn't exactly known to just walk right up to someone else and talk. But the woman handing out hot coco, she was happily going to take a cup.

"Thank you." Her voice didn't hold the same warmth as it did when she talked to the panther, but it wasn't rude either at least. Neph looked down at Bast, "Lead the way Bast." She was going to follow the panther, she seemed to be more social. So, she followed after the bounding panther who soon stopped in front of someone.

~Notes~ Anyone who wants to feel free to be the person that the panther stops in front of.

Spoiler

Nephthys obtained: Fast Hot Cocoa,  ACC 2, EVA 2

Yukiro wandered to the 11th floor by chance, mostly out of a need to go do something different. But upon actually arriving at the unfamiliar place, Yukiro was surprised to see snow! He didn't know much about this floor, but he did know that it wasn't supposed to be a winter and snow place. He hadn't even brought a jacket this time! 
He wandered into what looked like a big event of some sort. 
Wait, what was the date?
...Ah, it was a big event. Yukiro had been so preoccupied with everything that had been happening that December had completely blown by him without his realizing it. 
Making his way over to a stand that was apparently giving out a hot drink of some kind, Yukiro gratefully accepted some hot cocoa. 
"Th-Thank y-you," he stuttered, holding the drink to help warm him up. 
He began to shuffle away, glancing around for some place to keep warm at, when a message dinged. Yukiro glanced at it and was shocked to see the name of the sender. 
Yukiro started to shuffle in a different direction. 

Spoiler

Obtained: Very Hot Cocoa, Antifreeze

There was an event on the Eleventh Floor? Count Koga in! The man had wasted no time in grabbing his gear, and teleporting his scrawny ass up to the Eleventh Floor. When the blue light subsided the first thing Koga saw was...snow? It didn't usually snow on this floor, did it? Eh, whatever. It wasn't like Koga ever visited this floor to begin with. Alright, time to find Noct and look around! This could turn into quite the impromptu date...as long as it didn't turn out like the last event...fighting off hordes of undead didn't really seem all that fun right now.

As the man started to walk around, a number of NPC vendors began to hawk their wares and games at him. "I'll be sure to stop by later!" Koga said to the first man, before taking a hot cocoa from the lady and thanking her...Koga had to admit, he was a little wary of whatever this 'something of her own' was...but, hey, couldn't hurt right? Wow, Koga really was paranoid now after that last event, wasn't he?

Spoiler

Obtained
+1 Lucky Hot Cocoa [Prosperity 4]

Edited by Koga

During the whole entirety of his speech, Cordelia could really just focus on one thought.

She just wanted some food, man.

Cordelia sighed and looked at the bearded man. 

Smells. . . fishy.

She was never really one to celebrate Christmas, but hey, there was free drinks. That worked in her favor at least.

The girl strode over to the unnamed woman and smiled softly. It probably looked weird from a distance, seeing that the two didn't exchange any words at all, yet they both seemed to know what was already on the other person's mind-- though, Cordelia heavily doubted that the NPC was. . . y'know, thinking, but yeah.

She dumped the cocoa in her inventory. What? Did you really expect her to drink it now of all places? 

"Hey, Yu-ki-ro!" Cordelia beamed, slinging her arm around the white-haired boy's neck like a normal person should. "Where have you been?"  She asked, unhooking her arm from him and grasping him by the shoulders. "I haven't seen you since you became a living Frosty!"

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Obtained Fast Hot Cocoa, ACC 2, EVA 2

Drinking my hot cocoa, I was not paying much attention to the things around me at all. Thinking about it for a second I was lost and sat there, When was the last time when I did something like this, last year I didn't join the Christmas event and before that. Maybe this was the first time I did anything like this in the game. Maybe its been a time but I have been alone with Christmas for quite a few years, even in the real world. I was so used to working I never really notice this time of the year. 

But before I knew it I was lost in my thought and was thinking about the past and why I was here at all. The reason being maybe I needed some of the items here in the end. but before I knew it I was a bit in shock at someone out of nowhere sat down next to me and spoke to me. "Ah... Hey... Yeah. It is I guess, But could you not sit this close to me, I don't know you," I said as my voice sounded calm and soft while being quite harsh and direct as well. Waiting for her to move a bit back I responded to her a bit, "Well neither have I, can't remember the last Christmas like an event I have done,"  I said to her not knowing why someone wanted to join me in this bench at all. Then at the moment, I was caught off guard and I looked at her. That question was out of nowhere, "Thanks I guess."

I took a sip from my drink again as it still was warm, it was quite nice and for sure I would love to get something. Then the girl spoke up again saying her name or at least a name, "Well Ceres, I'm Shion Kikenna, or Azhoda if you like," I said to her as I always gave my own name to people as I never saw the idea why not. She leaned over a bit, getter closer to me again. Yeez Lady, get a bit of personal space, I thought not wanting to say it out loud to her.

But for now, let's just answer her question "I got the fast one, I guess it gives a buff at some point so my build atm is based on speed so I kind of need to be fast," I said looking at the cup I was holding. For some reason I felt like this girl, Ceres was not really the type that would fight or seen any sort of hard combat yet. I was thinking for a second and felt quiet before turning to her, "Guess you never fought then, No weapon on you. Low armor, and a fresh face. Seems like someone made up their mind to stop being useless on the first floor," I said harsh but still, my voice was calm and soft. I didn't even notice myself that I just called her useless.

@Ceres

The woman mentioned that Ceres was too close. "Oh!" Ceres hadn't realized and quickly moved away. "Sorry...I'm not always aware of those sort of things. Let me know, and I'll right myself."

"Shion Kikenna..." The redhead repeated. "Then, Candice Mckay - that's my real name. I'm glad..." She turned to Azhoda, or Shion. "It's nice to hear our real names, sometimes I worry people get so lost in this game - in their persona and in their struggles. Sometimes, all we need is a dose of normalcy, right?" Ceres relaxed herself a little. The other was soft spoken and aloof - but she didn't seem too bad.

That is...until the comment about how useless people were on the first floor.

image.png.772b0856e6fa374fa336114cc9d6290e.png"I hate attitudes like that." Ceres said as she gently placed her mug on the bench and stood. "You think people who linger on the first floor are useless? Stupid? Why? Because they don't fit into your ideal of a fighter? You know Aincrad needs more than frontliners, right?" Ceres shook her head. She had enough of this sort of talk from stronger people. "Merchants. Blackmsiths, Tailors and Chefs - are they all useless? What about the people who stay back, and look after the children who are scared, lost and alone? Is it so foolish to be afraid of death?" Ceres asked, she shook her head, shaking slightly from the adrenaline that coursed through her body. She didn't care about making a scene.

"What about people in the real world who don't become firefighters or police officers? Are they useless? what about the people who would have served you coffee, or your meal? Are they useless. Every single person plays an important role in this world, just as they do out there. You have a very childish outlook." Ceres huffed as she crossed her arms over her chest to stop herself from shaking.  She had half a mind to correct Azhoda - and tell her she was well on her way to advancing. That there was no reason to bring a weapon to a safe event.That she had fought, and she was trying to make a name for herself - but she doubted the other would care.

I'm being....just like Alkor

Granted...Ceres' outburst wasn't out of anger but frustration, and she wasn't exactly yelling at the other woman - just exasperated. "I'm...sorry..." Ceres began. "I just - don't think your point of view is correct... I'm not intending to push mine onto you. I just..." Ceres paused as she leaned forward and picked up her cup.

"Looking down on others isn't a very nice trait to have. Especially if you don't know their past, or their story. No one deserves to be called useless. That's just...." Ceres stared into cup. "That's just too sad to think about."  Her fingers traced the rim of her cup. Suddenly...Ceres was very aware of her actions.

"I shouldn't have gotten so worked up - I apologize, again."

@Azhoda

He stopped himself short of throwing when he heard the voice. It wasn't like he was trying to avoid her, Alkor had always been bad at responding to mail and texts, even group messages. The dark haired swordsman turned to glance at Mari with a smile. "You came to a festival, huh?" he asked, pleasantly surprised. "That's a great start, Mari. It's important to let people see you trying to get along with others."

He knew that was true, because it was in a way the same struggle he faced. Every chance he got to make a friend or at least gain an ally, he needed to take. Lessa would probably be proud of him for making that effort.

"Soon you'll be able to get along with anybody, right?" his smile turned into a grin, and he tossed the ball to her. "You should give it a shot. I'm pretty bad at games like this, but I'll probably take my chances-"

He blinked when the sound of a familiar voice rose and caught his attention. Is that... oh. Had to be, didn't it?

Alkor had half a mind to step in and say something, but it diffused just as quickly. He caught bits and pieces of the heated outburst, enough to get the gist of what was going on. Oh, it's that girl I met. I wonder how they know each other.

He took a step toward the two, but called back over his shoulder. "I'll be right back, Mari." After that, he moved toward Ceres and Azhoda.

"You guys enjoying the event?" he asked diplomatically.

@Azhoda @Ceres

Of all the pain he caused her, and all the no doubt lies - the way he avoided her...and refused to reply to her...all that pain seemed to melt away when he turned his golden-honey eyes toward her, and the corners of his mouth immediately turned up into the slightest of smiles. An actual smile It made warmth bubble up within the enamored woman. He was doing ok...better than ok it seemed. Mari shifted her eyes away, her cheeks turning red. "Ahah..Yeh. I decided to say f**k it and at least give one of these things a go...I didn't expect to see you here though."

Alkor continued, saying that soon she'd get along with anybody. Mari rolled her eyes. "That was a hard push even before everything turned to sh*t Alk, and you know it. I'm blunt. I'm brash I -" Her words were interrupted as she tried to catch the small disc that he had just thrown at her, offering it to her - urging her to give it a go. "Pfft." Mari smiled at him. "You really think I'm any better? Ya know these things are always rigged - right?"

This felt nice, Alkor seemed more at peace... and laid back. This was good. It really did make her happy to see that - but before they could talk any more, he seemed distracted by something happening behind them. Mari had heard the yelling, she just chose to ignore it. It wasn't her concern. Besides...not many people appreciated a PKer coming up to them.

Didn't even comment on my hair - or explain why he was avoiding my messages.  Mari frowned as she felt the weight of the disk in her hand then turned to glance at the snowmen. She was supposed to hit.  "Stupid Alkor..." She mumbled, with reddened cheeks. As she drew her hand back and threw the disk.

The disc flew through the air , she had kinda aimed for the fourth target - but wasn't expecting to hit it, especially since she had thrown it out of pure frustration. The first one sailed high over the snowmans head. "Oh? FINE!" She shouted at the inanimate object.

"I Got three more tries you snow cold bastard!" Again and again, Mari tried to throw the small discs at the snowmen, but each and every time they sailed high over the targets head. Finally, on her last try, the disc landed straight between the eyes of the closest target.

"SUCK IT ALKOR!" Mari shouted at the snowman, pumping a small fist into the air. That'd show him. "That's for not noticing the hair." She huffed as she crossed her arms.

That was...mildly fun, it -along with her brief time with Alkor had given her cheeks a rosy hue. Her eyes shifted over to him as she watched him from afar. He was approaching people on his own. People who may have been his friends. That's good.

Good.

Without realizing it, Mari was smiling. Watching someone she loved dearly interacting with others. Branching out. Slowly working on himself... She couldn't help but have a serene smile on her face as her eyes rested on his dark visage, cheeks rosy with the warm emotion in her chest.

@Alkor

Throw 1 Target 4  132210  BD: 6  miss
Throw 2 Target 3  132211  BD:1  miss
Throw 3 Target 4  132212  BD: 5  miss
Throw 4 Target 1  132213  BD: 6  HIT

Total points: 1
Reward: 1,500 COL

Edited by Mari

When Ceres became a bit stricter in her voice I noticed she was defending her words, guess I stepped on the wrong root. Hearing her out my face did not change from any emotion at all and I just stared at her like I was listening to her. I did catch a few words and nodded. Well, I didn't mean to be offensive, I don't even know what I said wrong. I have seen the lower levers who were just sitting there being useless and even just denying my help when I asked. well, guess my passion takes the best of me.

When she stopped I grabbed her hands as I saw people do on tv and I thought It would help, at least I hope it would. "No, don't be sorry. If I was wrong just say it, guess I always end up in things like this without noticing what I said. I speak my mind from time to time so I guess I'm sorry for saying people are useless. And you have a point, not everyone is useless. It will sound hard but people who do nothing to make this world better, safer or more livable are in my eyes useless."

"A plane can not fly without a pilot, A pilot can't fly the plane if the engineer makes the plane, and the engineer can't make the plane if the transport unit doesn't arrive. If you can do something but the choice not to do it you are useless in my eyes." I paused for a second my voice still calm and soft. "So if that image doesn't fit you, I'm sorry for speaking my mind, I guess I do it a lot."

Letting go of her hands again I take a sip of my cub again as nothing happened before looking at the guy who walked up to us. Looking up at the voice who spoke out I got a weak smile on my face, "Hello again Alkor, I did not suspect you being here at all. Done with playing the dead man?" I said almost like I was annoyed he walked up but still very calm and almost emotionless. "And as far as I enjoying this drink, nothing much else is happening for me apart from talking with Candice here. I try to 'relax' a bit." Saying this I said relax quite dumb as I still found it a weird idea to stop working on purpose.

@Ceres @Alkor

In all honesty....Ceres expected the other woman to react negatively - to shout back. To get upset. She most certainly did. Instead, Az reached out and clasped Ceres hands, giving them a small squeeze. Then, in a soft and even voice -explained that there was nothing for Ceres to be sorry about. Her hands were warm. And it gave Ceres comfort. Ceres wondered if the other woman was more like her then she realized. The both of them had similar traits, both were a little awkward around others, and didn't know what was socially acceptable to do or say.

"Tell me if I do the same thing, please." Ceres said to Azhoda.

Ceres jumped when Alkor approached. "What?" She blinked

Why are you here???

Her lilac eyes stared at him for several moments. "I..." She drifted her eyes back to Azhoda. "We are. We just don't exactly meet eye to eye on something. I just don't like others calling people useless. But Azhoda has her reasons." Ceres placed a hand on her chest. "And I have mine. It's ok if we don't always see eye to eye - we can't always force others into our own world view or ideals." Ceres glanced at Azhoda an offered her a smile. She didn't even mind that the other person used her real name, she had no reason to hide it.

"It'd be ignorant...to force others to conform to what we expect them to be , or social norms. What about uh...you?" Ceres asked Alkor. She wasn't exactly sure what the man thought of her, the last time they spoke it had not ended well. If anything, he scared her.

"Isn't that your uhm....friend? Girlfriend?" Ceres pointed to the orange haired woman who was throwing disks at snowmen, and seemed to be having a good time doing so. It wasn't until then - that Ceres noticed the marker above the womans head. Ceres quickly withdrew her hand and took a step back, visible fear on her features. "Uhm...is...." Her eyes shifted back to Alkor then Azhoda, then to the others in the event. Did they not notice? Did they not care.

Her heart beat hard and fast against her chest. "Uhm....PKers....are allowed here?" She finally asked, taking another step back.

@Alkor @Azhoda

NIGHT wasn't exactly the most social when it came to larger scale gatherings like these. She'd have to thank Bistro for the hot tip though. The player wouldn't be caught up here without a reason on a normal day, and it seemed safe enough from her current activities to warrant taking a peek, if not a visit.

It clicked into place why she'd omitted out a handful of details from their messages, like what the event was about. She sighed, watching the snow fall from the sky. From her inventory, she brought out a scarf, covering her neck and face with it, before taking a step closer to the cathedral. There was a stall here for disc throwing, right? Might as well take her shots. No point dawdling around here, with this many players about.

Brandy's Disc Throwing

ID: 132216 | BD: 5 | Target: 3 | Missed
ID: 132217 | BD: 4 | Target: 3 | Missed
ID: 132218 | BD: 4 | Target: 3 | Missed
ID: 132219 | BD: 6 | Target: 3 | Hit! (+4 points)

Total: 4 points >> 1,500col

And once that was done, the next stall had something else for free, it seemed. Hot Cocoa? Don't mind if she took one, then. Holding the cup in her hands for warmth, she brought it closer, looking into the cup with a distant stare.

"Happy birthday to me... I guess."

Hot Cocoa Stand

+ Sharp Hot Cocoa (+4 LD)

Edited by NIGHT

Screen-Shot-2019-12-17-at-2-18-16-PM.pngSo many people, Lessa thought in wonder, glancing around the packed square. True, it had been quite some time since she had participated in an event like this, but had they always been so well-attended? I need to get out more.

With the cold, the snow, and the festive feel, the eleventh floor could have been mistaken for the fourth. The true indicator, however, was the enormous chapel. It towered toward the heavens, the tower plunging into gray, swirling clouds. Lessa's blue eyes narrowed into slits as she gazed up into the falling flakes. Last time she'd been on the floor, it had led her and Jomei into a particularly absurd quest. Truly, if horror and fantasy had had a baby, that castle would have been it. And what had been up with that Demogorgon?

But there was no giant, man-eating human-flower person here. Instead, there was cheer, laughter, and... yes, food. Lessa bundled herself tighter into her heavy cloak, then drifted closer to the nearest stall. The NPC grinned up at her, his sunken eyes twinkling with mirth. Wisps of wiry white hair poked out from beneath his well-worn cap, but there certainly wasn't much to go around. His gaunt face wore a salty five-o'clock shadow, but the angles were softened by the jaunty expression. How old was this guy, one hundred and twenty? She could practically hear his knobby knees knocking over the crowd's dull roar. But man, if he wasn't the cutest little grandpa-type in all of Aincrad.

"Can I interest you in my delicious nuts? They're very warm."

And the precious visual was shattered. Lessa made a choked sound, and the man's bright smile only widened "They come highly recommended! They're the best in all of Aincrad, everyone says so!"

"Stop thinking about it," Lessa told herself sharply. Then, to the old man, she answered, "Just one bag, please." 

"Certainly!" Old Grandpa Nuts motioned to two different sized bags on display at the front of the booth. Both had a different price attached. "You're welcome to take your pick. The left one is quite a bit bigger."

Oh ffs.

She ate as she walked, popping one candied almond after another into her mouth. It was easy to reminisce on the taste, recalling weeknights watching her brothers play hockey. Sitting in the top row of the stands, inhaling the almonds straight from the paper sleeve. Those had been easier times, back then. They'd been good. But as Lessa watched the players and NPC mingle to a soundtrack of carolers and jingle bells, she had to be honest with herself. This isn't so bad either.

"Yeah, I'm alright," he replied tilting his head. Both women asked similar questions- well, as similar as Azoda's question could get to "how are you?" He never responded the way people expected, somehow. They always had weird expectations. "I just overheard you guys getting a little stirred up and I came to make sure everything was alright."

He turned and gestured. "It's a party, right?"

Ironic. I never went to parties on the outside. Oh well.

"As long as you're good, that's perfect. I'll leave you to it, then." He started to turn, then stopped. "I hope you can relax some and enjoy yourself," he told the fiery woman, "and you're right," he told Ceres, "in their own way, nobody is useless."

With that, he began the long walk back to Mari and the throwing booth. The season was one of the few times where they could take a break from the harshness of this world. Everyone should have been able to enjoy it.

@Ceres @Azhoda