[NLY-F11] New Life Years Festival

And the first customer was already within their grasp, thought the red haired maid as a player closed onto their stall. She couldn't help but notice the scar at his neck and wondered if it was purely cosmetical or a memento he kept from RL.  "Welcome, welcome!" she said, ushering @Randal towards the entrance of the tent but not before slowing down in front of the display with all the items they had on sale. "If you see something that catches your eye don't hesitate to tell me." she added. The butler simply nodded and open the cover so that their customer can pass by to met the sage. Afterwards the two started attending someone else and kept trying to reel in new people.

Inside, Ariel stood in front of a table with a crystal ball on top. With a short "Irasshai" she gestured for him to take a sit on the opposite side of the table. Why did she greeted him in her native tongue? she couldn't really tell, it wasn't a costum she had in her shop either. But before getting lost in tangent matters she peaked at him from below her hood. She'd seen him approaching and tried to 'read' him a bit if she was to make a believable divinization. Her keep tailor eye already noticed the low level gear, "A late bloomer..." she thought with a small smile. Thanks to her Rank 5 Searching skill, with the addition of the Detect mod, which increased perception.  She would intuitively 'read' people by their appearance and mannerism; with various degrees of success. Her focus being further improved by the use of the Concentration extra skill. 

“Umm hi, said you would tell fortunes? Could I get my fortune read please?”
It was what she was here for and with a simple nod she added: "Can you focus the crystal orb please?" whatever he would touch it would be irrelevant, as the orb would start to slightly glow. "You had a troubled past, more so before this game. I can sense that you are a virtuous spirit that isn't ashamed to spend time analyzing your options before coming to a conclusion." the blonde shifted on her seat. While avoiding to stare at him directly until now, she raised her head and looked him in the eyes; her silver pupil mirroring his own black ones. "While money is your goal, don't let it determine your path! You will get your chances to get wealthy while striving to reach the frontlines." A bitter smile could be seen on her expression as she continued. "There is potential for you to become one of the progressors but for now, use your wits and skills to make a name for yourself. You possess the attributes required of a leader. Nurture them and in time you can lead those standing on top, while you yourself become one of u... them." even if it was subtle she hoped that the message reach him. 'Be there when its organized; learn from that and aid with preparation but don't participate in the fight yet.'

Her mood changed as a mix of sweet and spicy scents made her nose twitch, different smells from the hot cocoa being served around them. She hasn't seen any food stalls nearby either, so she added: "I'll be looking myself for a new cook soon."

Meanwhile outside, a short pinkette drew Darius' attention, as she approached the stall. The butler/stall clerc adjusted his tie as attended to the new potential client. "
We've just started so until things speed up, first time's on the house!" he said with a friendly wink. Peering through a crack in the tent's entrance, he notices that Ariel almost finished with her current client. "The Sage will see you in a minute!" he added. Luckily she didn't prove impatient and browsed their wares, raising a question he was somehow prepared/been instructed to reply.
"
The love related potions are not 100% effective by themselves but when combined with different stimuli as romantic music, candlelight etc. or the opposite setting. Its very effective!" he wasn't sure himself if that was true since he hasn't tested it but that was what he was put to say and he'll abide by it. "I'm sure my master, the person who made these, can explain it better than I can." He quickly tried to change the subject by gesturing towards the clothing area. "You may also be interested on our wearables, these on the other hand were designed by the Sage herself. She was known to be the best tailor in Aincrad so the quality is a guarantee. Maybe get something for a significant other in your life!" At this point Darius was in full clerc mode, being accustomed to 'persuade' clients into shopping at his master's store. (I'll ping you with the fortune telling in a bit didn't want to make the post too long)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He had heard about another event, already. It had gone by so fast, two events gone like that, so fast, so sudden, now a third. Year’s end seemed to be nearing everyone, at the game was about to celebrate it. At the 11th floor, after doing a lot of paperwork in his guild hall, Macracon exited the barracks of the Knights of Blood Oath, noticing crowd gathered at the central cathedral of the settlement “Ah yes … another sudden crowd means another event … oh boi.” he thought and donned his casual clothes for the event, as he didn’t really need to be armored for anything right now. Arriving at the event, everything seemed jolly, it was like a small carnival, it was quaint. A faint smile appeared on the lips of the knight as he walked around and found the stall with hot cocoa. “Speedy one, please.” he said and requested the Fast Hot Cocoa “I’m gonna call you Sanic.” he said under his breath and put away the beverage as he wandered around the plaza to see what was going on in the area.

Stats

Spoiler

Macradon - Lvl 83
1705 HP
181 Energy
2 Accuracy
0 Evasion
19 Base Damage
 (31 w/ Holy)
- (1 Base +7 Skill +1 Athletics +9 Familiar +1 Ferocity)
35 Mitigation (107 with armor)
- (35 Skill)(+ 72 armor)

Items
Blade of the Dictator ............ // +12 Holy Damage, Phase
Count of Death ................... // +2 Heavy Momentum
Templar's Necklace ............... // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy

Belphegor - Familiar ............. // +9 Damage

Battle Ready Inventory
Silverlight ...................... // +72 Mitigation, 36 Frost Thorn(21 on a Crit), 6 Freeze damage(2 turns)
Empty inventory slot ............. //

Buffs
Rested ........................... // -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Filling .......................... // Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed .......................... // Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Deposit ...................... // +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col
from treasure chests.

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +7 Damage
Heavy Armor                | Rank 5: +35 Damage Mitigation
Searching                  | Rank 5: +5 LD. +5 Stealth Detection
Battle Healing             | Rank 5: Heal 5%(85) HP each post In-Battle
Fighting Spirit            | +1 Hate generation
Gatherer                   | Obtain additional materials after a successful out of combat gathering based on a natural CD result.
Hiding                   | Rank 5: +5 Stealth roll
Extended Mod Limit       | Rank 2: +3 Mod Slots
Parry                    | Reduce incoming damage by 50%(rounded down)
Energist                 | Add 5xTier(15) Energy to your max pool

Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD
Survival                   | Heal 45 HP when out of battle
Familiar Mastery: Fighter  | Rank 3: +9(Tier x Rank) Damage
Meditation                 | Recover 3xTier(15) energy with post action. Recover 2xTier(10) energy if you are hit before your next round

Skill Mods
Precision                  | +1 Accuracy
Athletics                  | +1 Damage, +45 Health
Ferocity                   | Increases Base Damage by 1
Finesse                    | Rank 3: Decreases Energy Cost of attacks by 3
Reveal                     | +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths. You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth once every 15 posts (instead of 20)
Surprise Attack          | Cannot miss from stealth. +3xTier(9) base damage on first attack
Vengeful Riposte         | Return 50% of damage(mitigatable) to target
Justified Riposte        | Stun attacker for 1 turn
Vanish                   | In combat post action to stealth. Free action in combat to stealth if mob has been slain

Tracking                   | Allows the user to track a previously-encountered monster, NPC, or other player. Negates all bonuses to the target’s Stealth Rating. After tracking, your first attack against the tracked creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat

Spoiler

While Randal was in the middle of all the festivities talking to Basuke, Randal and presumably Andromeda, he flashbacks to the moment in the tent with the fortune teller lady. She reminded him of what he imagined the Gypsy Who would give him the familiar quest would look like or do.

Her words still sort of ringed in his ear and the whole experience sort of put him on edge. From the moment he walked in he knew she was closely examining him, even to the point where he felt like clothes may have been optional.

She was right though, Randal was going to make his way to the front line, as of now his goal was still @NIGHT, he wanted to catch up to her but the distance never seemed to narrow.

Randal snapped back to reality and only a short moment had passed, he thinks no one noticed and saw that Skeleton was reaching out to take Basuke‘a hand.

Randal started looking through his bag to see if he had the logistics to build up a makeshift stall.

A sigh left Koga's lips as the man looked at his meager winnings and pocketed them. It was no more than a mere moment later that he felt a hand on his shoulder and heard a familiar voice greet him. The man turned around, it was Shion! "Oh hey, howzit Az?" the man greeted her in return.

Koga looked over at the game he'd been playing as the woman explained how the games were rigged and how she'd come to be at the festival. Well that explained why the fiery woman seemed to have been dowsed a little. "Eh, yeah I know these kinds of things are rigged usually," Koga admitted with a shrug, "But, they can still be fun, you know? And I'm glad you came over to say 'hi'. I'm not one for big events like this usually either. Not alone at least, but my fiance asked me to come. No clue where she is right now though. Company does make things better though." The man smiled as he finished talking, indicating he'd meant she was the enjoyable company of the moment. "You try any of the games or food?" the man asked his hunting partner, "some of 'em might surprise you. Even if they are rigged."

@Azhoda

"Patience?" Basuke frowned, thinking on the word. "Patience, patience... I would not call it that, but thank you. It was a.... tough. Struggle." His expression then shifted from one of disappointment to relaxed. "More feeling of 'I have to do it, or rock will beat me', if you understand."

Skeleton extended his hand, and it was language that was more up his alley. Basuke shook it with both hands, shooting him a nod and a grin that seemed sharper than intended.

"I am doing okay," he replied to Randal, stepping back and letting go of the hand in his. "Taking a break. Think of training soon, but I'll need to prepare." The boy fiddled with his cap further, before stuffing his hands in his front pockets. "Same for you?" He posed the question towards Randal, but then his finger also went towards Skeleton. He smiled in contemplation. "Everyone moving fast. Hard to catch up, but happy with friends all the same."

@Randal @Skeleton

Ceres waved Azhoda off as she walked away from her. Ceres turned to NIGHT. "She was a bit of an odd one I think...called everyone on the first floor useless...people who didn't want to fight - but I guess we just have different viewpoints."

Lilac eyes fell on her friend, and it wasn't immediately that Ceres had noticed something was up. A large scarf covered most of NIGHT's face. "I'd offer for us to go throw those disc things but..." She shifted her gaze back over to Alkor and the PKer... ah no...Murderer. "I know I shouldn't judge...but I just...feel that PKers shouldn't be allowed at events like these no matter how you spin it they've taken a life." Ceres bit her lip. "IT's...not safe...."

Her eyes shifted back to NIGHT, and it was then that she noticed something was up. Her friend seemed down...her eyes were watery and crestfallen. "Hey..." Ceres lowered her voice and gently placed a hand on NIGHTs shoulder. "You ok? You look a little....down?"

@NIGHT

Her gaze shifted to Azhoda, blankly nodding at what her friend was telling her. They went over to talk to Koga. Huh. She trusted Ceres' judgement, but couldn't shake off the thought that there might've been more to the story, if another one of her friends were trusting of them. "Don't feel too bad about it," NIGHT responded, squinting hard. Mostly because I'll feel the indignation for you. No matter how well the duo in the distance got along, she still didn't agree with those viewpoints that had been relayed to the redhead by any measure.

Then her sights turned to watch the two PKers near them bicker somewhat. Mari aside, now her grudge just felt personal. Knowing how sharp and slanted Alkor's views are, and then adding the death of another person onto it...

It's not like NIGHT would pick a fight, of course. But she would have to stay on her guard with the figure around. "We can't help what the system allows. Best we can do is stay away from them."

When Ceres placed a hand on her shoulder, it felt like an invitation away from her own brooding. Like she was welcomed back to the present, even though she didn't want to be for the moment. "I'm fine," she tried to offer, blinking slowly, exhaustion shown on her face.

But her friend being right next to her did remind her of something. "I got your message the other day," the woman breathed. She pulled out two items from her waist bag, offering two paper packets to her friend. Colourful and light, in red and blue festive wrappings. "Merry... Merry Christmas. Or Happy Holidays, if you'd prefer."

@Ceres

> Trading Gold Feather Hairpin, Peruvian Lily Corsage to Ceres.

Spoiler

Item Name: Gold Feather Hairpin
Profession: Artisan
Roll ID: 131890
Roll Result:  12 (11, +1)
Item Type: Trinket
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Accuracy, Accuracy, Accuracy
Description: A golden feather hairpin. It's soft and delicate, trimmed and treated to perfection. Sparkles under the sunlight. Treat it with care.
Post Link:  http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18303-f01-r6-artisan-the-evening-star-open/?do=findComment&comment=590561

Item Name: Peruvian Lily Corsage
Profession: Artisan
Roll ID: 131996
Roll Result:  12 (11, +1)
Item Type: Trinket
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Loot Die, Loot Die, Loot Die
Description: It's made from cloth, designed to look like a yellow Peruvian Lily to invite luck and fortune. A pin is attached to the back of it, allowing the user to don it on any piece of malleable fabric.
Post Link:  http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18303-f01-r6-artisan-the-evening-star-open/?do=findComment&comment=590690

Bahr's voice behind her startled Lessa, and she nearly dropped the bag of almonds. She bobbled them between gloved hands before finally clutching them to her chest. "Jesus Bahr," she spluttered, shaking her head. "Don't sneak up on me like that, or I'm going to choke on these nuts." Lessa held up the bag to demonstrate. Something mischievous danced in her wide blue eyes, and the edge of a smirk cut her somber tone. "You wouldn't want that to happen. Or maybe you would. I have no idea what you're into."

Jokes aside, she was pleased to see that her.... friend?... had made it to the festival. Lessa hadn't outright invited him, but it had come up in conversation, and they had decided to hang out if they bumped into each other. At the risk of sounding too desperate, she'd agreed to such an arrangement. But she'd caught herself searching for him more often than she cared to admit.

She opened the paper bag and offered it to Bahr, her grin shining with all the brilliance of the Christmas lights. "You look very festive!" she observed cheekily. "Red jacket. You're already half-way there." The blonde turned to survey their surroundings. "I could probably find something green for you to wear. Beads or something? Hopefully this crowd won't make me do anything especially lewd in order to get them."

Yukiro and Tala walked back into the festival. They'd just come from a big party of sorts; and they were... wow he can't even think it. 
Was Cardinal finally looking out for him? 
"Hey, Yu-ki-ro!" 
Yukiro nearly froze at that voice. 
No. I should have known. She always appears when I'm starting to relax. This... was my penalty for letting my guard down. 
Cordelia's arm suddenly slung around his neck. "Where have you been?" she asked, her arm sliding off his neck. Before Yukiro could escape her hands grabbed his shoulders and held him at arm's length. "I haven't seen you since you became a living Frosty!" 
Yukiro smiled and nodded. "Hey Cordelia, it's been a while. I'm doing pretty good, how about you?" 
As he spoke Yukiro glanced around for Tala. Dang it, she would not like this position, not at all. But it would be rude to push his way out of it... Argh, why was this already so complicated!? 
"Hey, so, whatcha doing here? I don't really know what there is to do yet," he said, trying to keep the conversation going. 

@Tala @Cordelia

She was happy to be where she was currently. Sure, she found out that her brother is engaged, cool good for him. But she was too, that was a surprise for sure. Still, she happily held onto Yukiro's hand, at least, until he wasn't beside her anymore. She turned to see that some other woman was touching him. Okay, normally, Tala wouldn't let this get to her. But after nearly getting Yukiro killed and just barely making things right again, she wasn't going to just sit idly by. So, instead, she walked back over to Yukiro and grabbed his hand once more, gently, yet with some force, bringing back over to her.

Imagine the sight, a six foot and seven inches tall man being dragged over to a five foot and two inches tall woman. Jealous, insanely. But, she did offer a smile, possibly, it might not seem one hundred percent nice and sweet, but it was still a smile, "Hello, I'm Tala, Yukiro's fiance."

@Yukiro @Cordelia

4 hours ago, Basuke said:

Everyone moving fast. Hard to catch up, but happy with friends all the same."

Being left behind was a sentiment that Randal knew quite well, he hoped to cheer up Basuke, perhaps he should bring the guy on more quests in the future to train together because Randal himself was struggling with the idea of being left behind by all the front line players who never stopped training since this death game began. 

Randal looked back on what he had done so far and the people he had met, and actually considered Skeleton a bosom buddy but he wasn’t too sure if Skeleton felt the same way, perhaps it was also the fact that Randal didn’t have all too many friends that he was quick to call Skeleton a close friend. 

Randal thought maybe Basuke would also like to train together because they were very similar people, both now trained enough to be considered martial artists.

Randal asked Basuke and Skeleton “Do you want to train together? We can do quests together too.”

@Basuke @Skeleton

Basuke's hand shake went about as well as hand shakes could go. Or that's what Skeleton thought. No one missed grabbing the other's hand. It wasn't too long. There was no over enthusiastic shaking. And no one accidentally knocked a drink out of his hand. Skeleton felt a little more at ease with the situation, despite Basuke's sharp grin. By now the grin was being tabbed as his kind of style.

"Moving fast? I feel like I'm moving slow, but to be fair I heard you spent two years fighting a rock..." Skeleton mused with a slight smirk that slowly became distracted by the lady who was passing out hot chocolate.

Skeleton was in the process of claiming a cup of Sharp Hot Cocoa from the lady passing them out. It was warm, and a nice contrast to the cold in the area. Skeleton wished he had brought more adequate clothing for weather such as this. Then again he did spend all his time on the sunny first floor until recently.

"Training together? Have you got something in mind? I know I keep delaying it but I was thinking of starting my familiar search soon since I've done all my prep work for it." Skeleton reasoned.

@Randal @Basuke

"Hate rocks. No more," the boy chipped in, with a hard shake of his head. "Won't fight them. Not anymore." Instead, his ears perked up at Randal's offer to go training, and then again when Skeleton had said something about a familiar.

"Fa... familiar?" Basuke tilted his head. "Ah... family? Like friend?" He put a hand to his chin, thinking. There was a quest like that, he thought he'd seen. Something about a pet. Surely that can't be it, but he never was good with words. "Like small cat? Dog? Looked COOL, want to look into it." He nodded back at Skeleton, pointing at him. "Same like him. But want to... ah, play more."

Then again, his friends sure were working hard. Basuke sighed, trying to grapple with getting himself ready for action and just relaxing for a bit longer, what with the rock breaking tearing at his spirits. He slung his arms over his head, resting it against them before looking towards the two men. "What's your thoughts?"

@Randal @Skeleton

"We can't help what the system allows. Best we can do is stay away from them."

Ceres pursed her lips as she glanced back over at Alkor and the PKer. "Mmm...I don't know the orange haired lady - but Alkor - you know when he was talking to Az and I earlier?" Ceres turned her gaze back to night. "He actually came to my defense. He backed me up in telling Az that no player is useless, even the ones that..." Ceres fiddled with her fingers. "Even the ones like me...who sat around and did nothing." Ceres managed a smile. "He may say the wrong things, or...maybe the right things the wrong way... but maybe he isn't as bad as I thought?"

Ceres stepped closer to NIGHT. "Besides, I have friends like you - I don't need to befriend everybody here. For all we know he may be keeping that girl in check so she doens't hurt anyone."

Ceres stepped back, eyes wide when NIGHT pushed two brightly wrapped presents into her hand. "Oh...Uh... I don't..." Her cheeks flushed in embarrass. "I Didn't get you anything though..."

The redheaded woman opened the packet and her eyes widened. "You....made this?" She asked in a soft voice as her hands danced over the material.  "These are amazing. Thank you~"

Ceres stepped in and wrapped her arms around NIGHT. "I'll never get rid of these- they mean so much!" Ceres squeezed tighter before letting go of NIGHT, leaving her hands to linger on the other womans shoulders. "When is your birthday? I will have to get you something extra nice to make up for this."

@NIGHT

"Maybe," she muttered back. "But I wouldn't be so sure." First impressions certainly made their mark, and her judgement of him wasn't going to go away with a wave of a hand. Her eyes bore into the man's back, watching it follow his position in the distance. "That might just be me, though. Sorry." NIGHT turned her sights back to her friend. "I'll still keep an eye out. And..." Her vision focused in on Mari, who seemed lively -- livelier? with Alkor around. "Maybe you're right. It sure look that way. I... wouldn't know too much, though."

The woman smirked, when she saw Ceres' blush. What, had the tables finally turned? It only felt right with the request being within her power to fufill. "You don't have to get me anything," she replied. "Actually, making these helped me lighten up a bit. I'm just glad that you might find a use for them."

Packet unwrapped, items examined. "I hope they fit you. I couldn't stop thinking about the flowers--" NIGHT pointed to the corsage. "-- with that one."

Then a hug.

NIGHT was glad she was wearing her scarf.

The heat also helped her in coping with the cold -- this one time, she felt like she couldn't complain, even if she wanted to. She closed her eyes, thankful for the warmth, before opening them to hear Ceres' question. "When is your birthday? I will have to get you something extra nice to make up for this."

"..."

... How was she going to answer? NIGHT looked away, sighing. Of course fate would have it that she, out of all people, would've been able to ask this question. She mulled over the question in her mind, her eyes moving to look at Ceres as she contemplated on the thought. Then, a beat later, NIGHT took a few steps closer to her friend, trying to be discrete. "Promise you won't tell anyone?"

"... It's the day before Christmas."

@Ceres

Edited by NIGHT

Alkor cursed as he let the second throw fly and came up short. He was almost sure he had the target in his sights and the coordination to hit it down after the first throw. Things may have been different in a VRMMO, though. The bonuses his equipment gave to accuracy did nothing for tossing discs at snowmen.

"You should try to mingle some," he told Mari. "Get around, show people you're more than an orange cursor. You can't hurt anyone here, so what's the harm? They should know that."

He shifted the subject from quests and throwing the discs to something else, because she seemed adamant on doing things and going places. Right now, he knew she had to focus on things other than him- but that didn't mean she was going to try that for herself.

Alkor knew better than to think Mari would just get over things. He knew that conversation needed to happen, but he also knew it shouldn't happen right here and now.

This was a place for festivities, and for friends. He wanted it to maintain that atmosphere. With a smile, he took a third disc in hand and spun it once more. Even if he wasn't going to get a great item, he would get the best score he could.

He was competitive that way.

"I'm not too worried about quests right this moment," he told her honestly. "I've got some catching up to do before I worry about anything like that. But, if you're interested in helping a friend out, you could put the word on the street that there's a Player looking for a mid-level Curved Sword."

He didn't emphasize the word friend with the intent to sting, rather, he put it gently into conversation so that his meaning and intentions would not be misinterpreted. It was difficult, and he was learning how to deal with it one step at a time.

ID# 132448 results: Battle: 3

Edited by Alkor

"Right..." Mari was....crestfallen. She knew, she knew but the word 'friend' still stung. Did he know how much his words hurt? No. He made it....semi clear to her that they were to be friends. He told her he deeply cared about her, but that he didn't know how to process things. That was all.  "A curved sword for a friend - I can probably find something like that. Just let me know the enhancements, yeh?"

"Alkor - " Mari paused as she bit her lip. This wasn't the time for these discussions. She gave her orange hair a shake. "If you don't want to spend time with me - just tell me. I'm trying here - I know you like fighting. I know you want to grow stronger. I do too - I thought maybe taking a quest together would be nice is all..."

Was Alkor giving her a subtle hint that she wanted him to leave? "Is it really so long to want to spend the festive season with those you love?" Mari asked.  She shifted her gaze over the crowd, she recognized NIGHT - who was in a conversation with another woman, who locked eyes with Mari, Mari tried to give the redhead a wave and a smile - but the other player flinched and averted her gaze. "Mingle some...great load of f**king good that'll do..." Mari muttered. Fat lot of good that did...even NIGHT looked at her with mild distaste - after they had quested together. There was another she recognized. Lessa

Lessa was someone that Mari had always admired - but the two never really got along - in part because of Alkor, and in greater part, because of Mari's on ineptitude with social situations. She was hanging out with someone else, smiling, and laughing - they seemed close. And she seemed to be doing well. Mari had hoped that Alkors return didn't shake the blonde woman too much, Mari was trying so hard to keep things together but in truth - she was so close to falling apart. Unlike Lessa- Mari didn't really have anyone else to fall back on. Mari didn't have the strength to push forward - she wasn't as strong as the other woman.

Mari sighed as she turned her head away from Alkor. It hurt to look at him. That's when she saw Macradon. "One moment..." Mari said to Alkor as she turned from him. "There's someone I want you to meet."

Mari left Alkors side and found Macradon. "Hey." She tugged gently on his sleeve. "Thanks for the other day and look." She pointed at her hair - "Would you believe this is my natural colour?" Mari tried to laugh, tried to smile - but to anyone observant. It would be obvious that something was bothering her. "Remember how I said there was someone important to me who I wanted to do redemption for? I want you to meet him." She tried to smile wider. "Just don't mention how much he means to me - I think he doesn't want anything to do with that."

The Orange haired woman didn't leave Macradon much choice, she pulled on the hem of his sleeve toward Alkor.

Finally, standing back in front of the stoic man she loved, Mari gestured toward Macradon. "Alkor, this is Mac- he's helping me with the redemption quest." Mari held up a single finger, "And - if you ask nice enough maybe he can help with that sword of yours."

@Alkor @Macradon

11 minutes ago, Basuke said:

What's your thoughts?"

Randal looked around for the last member of their group @Andromeda and found that he couldn’t find while the other two were mapping some small talk in relation to his initial question. 

“In my opinion, it’s probably best if we did the looking For a familiar quest in parties of more than two, chances are we won’t be able to catch anything cause we would scare off or intimidate them before they can like us. Instead we should do it in pairs. You guys can invite me along it go together, I’m fine with anything.” Randal explained.

At the end of the day a familiar would be such a great companion to have in these outings, so much fun and then he fantasised about it for a bit longer before snapping back to reality with both his companions starting at him oddly. Regal just sort of gave a sheepish smile.

@Skeleton @Basuke

"Hmmm?" She tilted her head, a small smile upon her face. Did she say something wrong again? Ceres was completely oblivious to the fact that asking for someones birthday in this game - was personal. Many people preferred to keep their real identities secret. Which was perfectly reasonable given the circumstances. NIGHT stepped in closer, close enough that her midnight black hair tickled Ceres' nose as the gentle breeze picked it up.

"Won't tell? Why would I tell anyone?" Ceres asked - another step closer and Ceres had to hold her breath as NIGHT whispered that her birthday was the day before Christmas. Damn... that sucks- "Well..." Ceres reached up and brushed NIGHT's hair behind her ear,  "Happy Birthday NIGHT."

Ceres lightly pressed her lips to NIGHTs cheeks, partly aware of how the action may have been perceived but the two had talked through things, said that they enjoyed each others company, and that was the main thing - anything else? Did it matter that much? As long as they could be happy and honest.

Ceres pulled away from NIGHT - just behind NIGHT Ceres caught the orange haired PKer waving and smiling at them? Well...that was unnerving.

Ceres lowered her hand and gripped NIGHT's arm. "Hey... that Pker is staring at us? Do you know her?"

@NIGHT

It must've been the second gift she'd gotten in her life.

And because of how different the nature of it was... she wasn't sure how to take it. The moment seemed to last longer than she'd wished it had, the implications only managing to hit her thoughts when Ceres pulled away.

What... what was she supposed to do? NIGHT held her breath, sinking further into her coat and scarf out of embarrassment, covering her mouth with a hand, once again. Then she took a single step back, gaze averted. "Y-you promise not to tell anyone, right?"

"T-thank you..."

A sudden tug barely managed to pull her focus back to the present, the woman thrown off her emotional rut and stability all at once. The PK-er was the last of her worries that day. "I-I think so," her voice still low, trying to keep any sign of Ceres out of her view. "U-uhhh.... mmm-- M-Mari. Y-yeah. Mari. Right." She turned her head, doing her best to not look directly at her friend-- er, friend? "A-ah, wwwe met her when we were after a b-boss... W-we can go somewhere else if--if you want...?"

@Ceres

Edited by NIGHT