[GRANDMASTER MERCHANT F01] Best Kept Secrets

"You seem like you are all really close..." Ceres mused as she watched them interact. "I like that..." She offered them a smile filled with warmth. "It may sound silly... but it makes me feel a little fuzzy inside to see. Because so many people around here can be angry or mad - or sad...and sometimes we forget to enjoy those little things."

Ceres shook her head, shaking the ornate flower pin placed in her head to and fro. "Ah sorry, I am rambling. Ok so the new pricing 250 for the glowstone and 10 materials at 50 Col each? That would be 750 Col. Oh..." Ceres leaned forward on the counter, offering Takumi a wink. "And I'll throw in an extra five for free. No insidious reason - I just like helping others."

@Tsurei

Edited by Ceres
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“Heh, we’ve been together for a while now,” Rei smiled, turning to look at the party, Yuta and Kenji continued to chat about Immolation as a state to be in, in general, as a bad idea,

“That’s kind of you, thanks,” Takumi nods unfazed, as he quickly begins the transaction for his part of the trade,

“Gee, show a little more gratitude,” Rei teased,

“Lay off,” Takumi frowned half seriously, “Anyway, we’re done here, right? Let’s go,”

As they receive their items and slowly trail out, Yuta and Kenji awkwardly bow to Ceres as they leave.

Rei shrugs, feeling capable of just saying what’s on his mind, “We’ve kinda been laying about like weeds, apparently, for the past two years, we’re a bit behind but we’re slowly getting there, we appreciate the help, we’ll be sure to come back again,” he flashes a smile and with a wave, he quickly goes to catch up with the others.

@Ceres

The group was so...gosh, Ceres wasn't sure how to explain it. Lovely? Lively? Yes. Lively. It was really refreshing to see people interact with each other in normal and friendly ways. "You're very welcome." Ceres said to Takumi. She didn't mind the comments about him showing more gratitude. She really was just happy to help, and what would she use them for? As a merchant she had no real use for them, so if she could offer them for newer players to craft things with then by all means she would.

In the future, Ceres wanted to get higher tiered materials - and offer them so that those professions wouldn't need to go out hunting or gathering. She'd do that on her own. Let others have more time to grow their strength to fight. She'd help in her own way.

"I understand that..." Ceres said with a small bow in return. Her hand over her heart. "I've...been laying around for the last few years myself - I thought...if others are risking their lives on the frontlines, why should I but..." She offered Rei a understanding smile. "Don't call yourselves weeds - everyone here is useful. You have no idea how impactful your life is. It's important and you're not useless."

Ceres gave them a final wave.

"I hope to see you again soon!"

-Sent 15 Materials to Tsurei
-Sent 1 X Glowstone to Tsurei
-Sent 200 Col to Bank of Aincrad

Today on a snowy day, Rei and his friends wandered through the streets, shivering under their new thick jackets and sniffling as they found the shop,

“Ah… here it is,” Rei nodded, glad they didn’t forget where it was, stepping into building, they were quick to close the door shut to the cold weather outside, letting a relived breath as they are hit by the retro 8-bit music and the warmth of the inside.

Everyone gave a vague, awkward glance and a nod in greeting at the fiery headed girl before taking a look around,

Rei walked over the counter and greeted with a small smile, “Hey there, we’re back, we found a few unidentified items and wondered if you could identify them for us,”

1 x [T1] [Rare] Weapon (ID# 133063)

2 x [T1] [Rare] Consumables (ID# 133063)

@Ceres

Edited by Tsurei

"Oh Hey!" Ceres said with a grin when she saw a familiar group of people enter her store, rubbing their hands together from the cold. The group was a little more quiet this time than they were last time, had something happened? Ceres tilted her head slightly as each one of them gave her a nod of acknowledgement. Gosh...Ceres hoped that they were ok.

Ceres smiled sweetly at Tsurei as he approached the counter with a few items for identification. Ceres did her best to reel in her excitement, she hadn't gotten many of these and was really looking forward to doing more."Oh I can do all of these today!" Ceres said as she picked up one of them, noting it was a rare weapon. The other two were consumables. Great. This should work out nicely for him.

"That would be 350 Col for the Weapon and 360 for the two consumables. I'll bump 10 Col off so its a nice and even 700 Col! If you're happy with that make the transfer and I'll get started right away!"

@Tsurei

Edited by Ceres

“Ah, of course, thanks.” Rei nodded, flipping through the menu and making the transaction, he glanced over at his friends who were muttering in the back,

“I can’t believe we caught a cold in VR,” Takumi sighed deeply,

“I didn’t think we even could,” Kenji shuddered,

“Toughen up, geez, it was no problem,” Yuta shrugged indifferently, staring at them with narrowed eyes with mock disgust, `weaklings` thoughts written on his face,

“Shush, some of us aren’t uncivilised brutes like you,” Takumi waved it off, “I don’t get enough sleep to begin with and last night was even worse,”

“That’s just because you messed up your own sleep schedule, it's your own fault,” Yuta shrugged,

“Ah… I know what you mean…” Kenji patted Takumi on the back, nodding together understandingly,

Rei walked over curiously, in part to let the owner do her work in peace without him staring, “What, did you guys have a bad dream about the-“

Takumi jumped at Rei to cover his mouth, “NOPE! Nuh-uh, we’re not saying anything about them, okay? Never again.”

@Ceres

Edited by Tsurei

All the redhead could do was smile sweetly as the bickered amongst themselves. Something about getting a cold? "You should rug up with some nice hot tea with a big scoop of honey." She suggested. "And as for bad dreams - at least they're over now." Ceres laughed softly. "Now you're here with me, but maybe that could be a nightmare for some people."

Ceres picked up the first item, the weapon.

Her brows furrowed, "Hmm....wow...Look at this." She pointed to the blade, and in a small flash of light, it transformed to a curved sword. The handle was a dark blue and the handle, a light blue, as striking as ice. "How interesting..." She tilted it to and fro in her hands. "This weapon induces bleed, and damage. I hear bleed can be pretty strong! How lucky." She placed it to the side.

"Let's see...What's next..."

1 x [T1] [Rare] Weapon (ID# 133063)
Slot 1 ID#133107   LD: 13- Bleed
Sot 2  ID#133108   LD: 17 - Damage
ITEM: Rare T1 Curved Sword +1 Bleed | +1 Damage

PAID: 640 Col to Banker - Identification Fees

Ceres grabbed the first consumable and twirled it in her fingers.  "Ooh, this one is easy! It's a damage potion. It will give you two base damage, but best use it before you start your battles." Ceres said as she grabbed a small rose-red ribbon and tired it around the bottle, then placed it to the side.

1 x [T1]  [Rare Consumable]  (ID#133063)
Identification Roll ID #133109  LD: 7 - Damage
Item: Rare Damage Potion T1 - +2 Damage

Ceres picked up the last item, another consumable. Ceres gave the small vial a shake."Ok and this final one is...ooh an accuracy potion. Man I could have really used some of these when I first started questing, I spent a few good hours fighting a swordfish once, I kept missing it..."  Ceres laughed awkwardly as she started to tie the same trademark ribbon around the second potion.  Right! I believe that is everything! Thanks for coming back, I really appreciate it you know...."  Ceres gave them all a wide smile. ."I'd be happy to help out with anything in the future too! Hopefully with a nice fast turnaround!"  She gave them a wink. "Gotta keep my customers happy!"

1 x [T1] Rare Consumable (ID# 133063)
Identification roll ID# 133110 Loot Dice: 12
Item: Rare Accuracy Potion T1: +2 Accuracy

Edited by Ceres

“Do we really have to go fishing today?” Kenji shuddered in the cold,

“Won’t the lake have frozen over by now?” Yuta commented, not eager to be outside,

“If it’s a whole lake, it’ll need more to freeze it over,” Takumi sniffed, “Can’t we just leave this quest for when it is not snowing?”

“The weather only gets worse from here, right? What, you want to huddle up for a month or two?” Rei sighed,

“Yeah, kinda,” Takumi groaned unenthused,

“Hey… do you think if we set ourselves on fire it’ll help?” Yuta picked up the immolation potion,

“Hey, I’ll try anything at this point,” Takumi took a glance through the description,

“I er… really don’t think that’d work out…” Kenji mumbled nervously,

“You guys aren’t seriously thinking about doing that right?” Rei raised a brow at them,

“It’s tempting,” Takumi looked at him seriously.

“Ah, thanks for everything,” Rei smiled over at Ceres, “It’s hard to imagine you as anyone’s nightmare, a cheerful girl like you,” he goes straight for the weapon and tilts his head at it, eyes glinting in fascination, he hoped for a katana but he guessed that would be too easy, in any case, it was certainly his new replacement weapon.

With a few presses at the air, the scimitar at his side changes into the icy curved blade, he then takes the potions and hears her words,

“A sword fish you say?” Rei raises brow, “What a coincidence, that’s our next quest,” chuckling to himself, “We were planning to go around town to get geared up before we head out anymore, the dark caves hunting for a gemstone was a nightmare,”

"You're welcome!" Ceres said to Rei. "And I guess some people could find me uhmm careless maybe? Naieve?" She shrugged her shoulders. "But I guess the people who dislike me, won't talk to me - and I'm fine with that. You can't like everyone, nor can you expect everyone to like you."

Ceres snorted as she laughed when they said that was their next quest. "Ooh...good luck. That old fisherman is an absolute butt! Oh...but I found the cave super easy, maybe because I wasn't in the middle of a lake. Hannah was..." Ceres sighed wistfully. "Super wonderful too. So I guess that made the quest so much easier." Ceres clasped her hands together.

"Anyway! I'm still very happy to see you all as returning customers. You're already getting so strong!"

@Tsurei

Rei laughs a little, “I see,” he nods in understanding about Hannah, “The cave was seriously rough, it was all dark and there were all these spid-“

“NOPE!” Takumi evacuated into the streets at high speeds,

“…Spiders,” Rei finished, “I mean, we weren’t in any danger, but it was just really hard to hit them and it went on for a long time, getting gnawed on by giant spiders wasn’t fun.”

“It really wasn’t,” Yuta nodded, “Come to think of it, an Immolation potion would’ve really helped us out there as well,”

“Now that you say it…” Kenji tilted his head in deep thought,

“You guys just want to be warm, right?” Rei sighed, “I’ll take two Immolation potions as well then,” he quickly opened up the menu and preformed the transaction, “we’re not particularly strong or anything, but hopefully once we get our gear sorted out, we’ll have an easier time,”

he smiles over and waves as they leave, “Take care, we’ll be sure to visit now and then,”

@Ceres

"Oh, haha yeh that's a great choice!" Ceres said with a laugh as she handed over the potions. "My cave experience was completely different. It was a beautiful sparkling crystal cave... Ahh and the guardian was this giant crystal golem." Ceres covered her face with her palms, her next words slightly muffled. "It had a completely smooth face! It was unnerving!" The redhead lowered her hands.

"Not as bad as hundreds of spiders though. You all have me best there." 

They then ordered two of the Immolation potions, sending through the money - Ceres handed the group the two items. "I'm always happy to help you! I hope the potion works well. Let me know how that Swordfish fight goes!"

Ceres waved them off. "Take care! "

-Sent 600 to Banker
X2 Immolation Potions

Edited by Ceres

Skeleton approached the store, peering in through the window to see if there was anyone at the desk. He had been given the store name and location by a stranger on the streets and had doubted the info. He hoped that the info was good as he was low on supplies and hadn't the patience to go scuffling through grassy fields, and deadly plains again. Although to be fair, Randal would have a ball at the idea...

Shaking his head, he decided to pretend like he knew what he was doing and opened the entrance door, walking in with his back straightened and head held... kinda high. Didn't want to seem too pretentious now would we?

"Excuse me? I'm looking for..." Skeleton pulled out the note he was given, "The Shops Secret Material Order?".

Skeleton folded the paper neatly once more and placed it back into his pocket. Somehow this action brought back his second matter to attend to.

"Oh, I also have a piece of rare unidentified armour I'd like to have identified, please."

"Ah! Hello!" Ceres said as another player had come in, boy was she busy lately! Not  an issue for her, she loved doing this. It was fun. It made her feel useful. Important. "Hi, my name is Ceres, it's a pleasure to meet you."  She listened patiently as he asked if it was the correct store. The redhead gave him an exuberant nod. "Yup! That's me! The 'Best Kept Secrets'  I currently have 15 T1 Materials in stock - I don't have any others currently, sorry!" She said as she clasped her hands together in an apologetic fashion. "When I do get more though, I'll be sure to list them in my stores inventory!"

"I can also identify the rare armour for you! I will just need to know where you got it from and what tier it is, so I don't accidentally over charge you. It'd also help if you let me know your preference between Light or Heavy!" Ceres pointed to a sign just behind her. "Those are the identification prices. I try to keep them as low as possible!"

@Skeleton

Edited by Ceres

The cheeriness of the store resident took Skeleton by surprise. He hadn't been in contact with very many people who could get anywhere near that cheery in the last... ever. Regardless he had managed to get the right place as far as he knew so he felt himself relax a little.

"Hello, Ceres. My name is Skeleton." he bowed without thinking.

"I'd like to take the 15 materials you have remaining, please." Pulling out the unidentified armour, Skeleton approached the desk and gently placed it down, trying to not bump any other items on display. "IT's a T1 piece, I got it from floor 2 in the Long Live the Queen field boss quest. If possible, I'd like light armour, please."

Skeleton's eyes looked around to see if he could find a price list, which he thankfully caught. T1 Materials are 50 col each and T1 Identifications were 350 Col.

"So 750 col for the materials, and 350 for the identification, should be 1100 altogether, right?"

Spoiler

Roll ID(s): ID# 132723

Item Type: Rare Armour/Shield
Tier: 1
Quality: Rare
Flavour text: N/A

"Skeleton?"  Ceres asked. It was an odd name, but still...she wasn't going to judge him on it. "I bet you get a lot of bone puns thrown your way right?" The woman said with a cheeky grin.

"Yup! That's right, I see you've already sent the Col so I'll get to this right away!" Ceres said in a cheerful tone as she picked up the item. "Ooh wow This is going to be a really nice arm brace." Ceres said. As she said that a flash appeared, and a small dark leather arm brace appeared in her hands. "This one has one slot for Evasion, and another for Looting. So I guess it's not so much for ermm..." Ceres glanced away. "Not so much for mitigation but more for quick movements eh?" She gave an awkward laugh as she gently wrapped it in a rose-red ribbon. "There you go, thank you s much for coming! Is there anything else I can do for you right now?"

1 x T1 Rare Equipment #ID 132732
Slot 1 ID#133187 LD 15  (+1 Eva)
Slot 2 ID#133188 LD: 20  (+1 LD)

-Sent 15 Materials to Skeleton
-Sent 320 Col to Banker
-Once Item approved sent to Skeleton

@Skeleton

Edited by Ceres

"Yeah, plenty of bone jokes, thankfully some are quite humerus." Skeleton grinned.

"Evasion's okay, at least for now. The looting is a good bonus though, it might help sway the rng in this game just enough so I actually get something nice."

Skeleton watched as Ceres identified the item. He tilted to the side as if it were making his vision more accurate, or that he would find some kind of secret in the identification. Without much fanfare, the arm brace shows its true colours. As ceres quickly wrapped the arm brace, Skeleton double checked his balance to ensure that the transaction hadn't failed. The last thing he wanted was to be in trouble for not paying appropriately. Thankfully it had indeed gone through successfully. 

"Thank you very much, Ceres. There's nothing else I can think of at the moment, but I'll probably be keeping an eye on your materials in the future." Skeleton replied with a smile.

"Good bye for now." he waved as he left the store.

"No worries! I'll have to go on a bit of an expedition and grab some more! I'll be sure to stock more T1, T2 and T3 materials for everyone to use since...err.." She gave another awkward laugh as she rubbed the back of her neck. "Since I have no real use for them...and I'm not a fighter - so hey...if I can help others by doing material runs then I'm going to do it!" 

Ceres remembered the words of Alkor here, that it was ok not to fight. Everyone was useful, even people like her who really didn't like the idea of fighting. The success of her shop re-instilled these words in her, and re instilled the knowledge and satisfaction that she was indeed useful. People like Skeleton, or NIGHT, or others - they were busy out there fighting and growing stronger - they didn't always have time to gather materials. So, Ceres wanted to take that upon herself.

"Take care for now, hope to see you again soon Skeleton!" Ceres said with a smile and a wave as he left.

"Right!" Ceres said to herself as she clasped her hands together.

"I want to go out and do some material gathering hmm...." She began to flick through her shops inventory. "I'm now a Rank 3...that's pretty cool - that means I can now buy golden keys...ohh that'd be so exciting - ahh... but I shouldn't waste all my money right now - especially if anyone comes in and wants more items identified. Maybe if I just get the one...and get two silver keys..."

Ceres mumbled to herself, as she started to work out the cost. "Hmm well I do have Col to spare now..." She mused to herself. "And it'd be a great deal of help...you know what...I'm just going to buy 3 of each!" She said to herself as she ordered the items. "I bet NIGHT would be so proud of me!"

Sent 1,500 to Banker for X 3 Silver Keys

Sent 3,000 to Banker for X3 Golden Keys

Sent 800 Col to Banker for 1X Spyglass

[/Code]

Edited by Ceres

The door swung open, bell above the door chiming as it did. A tall, dark-haired man entered, looking around slowly as he did. His eyes landed on Ceres, and the man smiled widely. "Hi there! You're the proprietor, right?" He gave her a slight bow. "My name's Ronnel, and I'm hoping you can help me out." The man tapped his chest as he glanced around again, his eyes trailing along the items on display before returning to the young redhead. "I, ah, I'm relatively new to actually trying to do things. So I'm still working my way through some of the first quests available, and, well..." He chuckled and rubbed his head. 

"I'm thinking about trying out the quest chain for getting a familiar, but my luck hasn't been too good lately. I was wondering, do you happen to have anything available that might help with that? I'm honestly not sure what would even work for that kind of situation - a piece of gear or a consumable or something, so I'm totally open to hearing suggestions." Ronnel paused, taking in a deep breath and slowing down as he gave her a crooked smile. "Sorry, tried to get that all out in a rush. So - you're the shop keep, whaddaya selling?" 

Ceres laughed, covering her mouth with her hand as a tall, broad shouldered man came into the store. He looked like a lost puppy. "Hello Puppy!" Ceres said in a jovial tone. "Err, Ronnel I mean!" She gave him a short bow of her own, rose-red hair spilling over her shoulders. "I'm more than happy to help out anyone who comes to my store."

"I do!" Ceres bent down and pulled a small spyglass out from the display case as the man asked her if she had an item that would help him with the quest. "I just got one of these for myself actually! I wanted to go get a familiar too...I have put all my skills into searching so I think I'd be able to get it rather quickly I just...." Ceres glanced away from Ronnel as she turned  the spyglass to and fro in her hand. "I just don't really wanna do it alone - but at the same time its almost difficult finding people to talk to and OH!" She blinked as she turned back to Ronnel, quickly grabbing his hand to place the spyglass into it.

"Here. Have a look. It would help reduce the time to find a familiar, since yanno..." She gestured with her hands, creating binoculars on her face. "It'll help you see better!"

She lowered her hands and her brows knitted together when he asked what else she was selling. "Err..." She gestured to the board behind her. "That. Oh but..." She quickly started listing things off despite the fact they were written clearly behind her on a blackboard. "I can help you sell your junk items or identify things you got from monsters. I also have potions...tents....field rations...keys...a really neat dimensional backpack...." 

She clasped her hands together in a loud snap. "OH! And Materials, but I'm currently out of stock for those, I'll have some soon! If you're looking for them I can message you when I have some in, just tell me which Tier you wish for."

Ceres gave him a sly wink. "And sometimes, I may even have special equipment!"

@Ronnel

Edited by Ceres