[PP-F4] Piercing Song in a Blanket of White

Raidou told her that his lyrical words were a habit, something he did when he was nervous or having trouble speaking. It...was unfortunate but Mari's patience was already being tested. She wanted to come here to be alone, because that was how she dealt with things. All she wanted to do was work through her emotions the best way she knew how. and that...was by being alone. She had dealt with everything on her own in the past, and the concept of having anyone by her side was completely foreign before Alkor, and now, it was a scary and turbulent place she wanted to avoid.

It wasn't like the glass around her heart would shatter at the softest touch or words. No matter what this man said.  His words would just fall on her deaf ears. He continued to push her, prod and poke at her. Trying to get a snippet of a response. He wanted that? Fine. Mari released her arms and turned on him. A burning and hurt anger in her furious gaze. "You want me to talk to you? Fine." Mari took a step toward him. "I've killed countless people." Another step. "And I'm f**kin' sick of people either treating me with hate, or treating me like I'm some f**king victim because of it." 

Another step.

"I hate it when people think they can cosy up to me after only just meeting me."

Another step, and now she was mere inches from him. "But know what I hate most?" She hissed, venomous words barely above a whisper. "People like you who think they can just fix it because they have been in a similar situation.

Mari reached out and grabbed a handful of his read coat, pulling it down so he was forced to stare directly into her eyes. "I've known you for all of 10 minutes, and yet you are still insistent." Mari said as she released his clothing and pushed him away. She didn't like this. Rather, she hated it. "You don't know me. And I don't want you to know me. You haven't earned the right."

@Raidou

"You want me to talk to you? Fine."

*crunch*

Yes let it out

"I've killed countless people."

*crunch*

This burden you shoulder...

"And I'm f**kin' sick of people either treating me with hate, or treating me like I'm some f**king victim because of it." 

Eyes that dance upon you with shame

"I hate it when people think they can cosy up to me after only just meeting me."

*crunch*

A response all too familiar to him, he's done it to others who had pushed him to far before

As she took a hand full of his cloak in hand and glimmering blue met his mirrored glasses Raidou accepted it removing them from his face "I don't to fix it, I want you to in a way that I have been trying my entire life." Softly dropping the glasses them being nothing more than a placebo here in Aincrad he looked into her eyes with conviction "Let it out, Mari... Yell and scream curse it away if you need to hit me do it. I'm not walking away until you fix this."

Shoved as his balance fails to the sleet, the cold wrapped around his lower half in the snow.

"The music you played... reminded me of a friend. Her name was Haine, she brought the same gift I give to you now." Raidou's eyes locked to Mari's "Every day I find myself at the monument of life scanning for her name, one day she just vanished from my life forever and I still expect it to appear. But the least I can do for you reminding the days we shared, is give you the same gift. So Mari, Keep playing the song..."

@Mari

Edited by Raidou

He removed the glassy haze of his spectacles. She could see his eyes so clearly now. A glimmering golden gaze ablaze with an unseen determination. He urged her to let it all out, to scream and curse. To hit him if she wanted to. His firm yet soft voice pissed her off. She wasn't a child. She didn't need a stranger to tell her when to cry. Mari lifted her hand and drew it across his face.

Her slap echoed in the desolate area around them. Her hand stung from the force, but she didn't give a damn. He was the one who gave her permission to hit him in the first place. She was done here. Mari turned her back on Raidou.
"Again. You press for things that you really shouldn't. It'd be in your best interest to f**k off and leave me alone. You said you spend your days at the monument? Good. Remember my name next time you look at it." 

He made Mari feel uncomfortable, he was only helping her out of some foolish notion of self satisfaction, because he had apparently owed her. He could shove his insincere words right down his throat then eat what he crapped out for all she cared. She'd leave him and he'd no doubt sit there and hopefully reflect on his idiotic behavior today. That was the last time she'd ever be foolish enough to play her music in front of others. The last time she tried to help someone just because they looked pitiful enough. What a mistake that was...

Slow steady footsteps took Mari further and further away from Raidou, and with each crunch of the fallen snow beneath her, she found a new reason to shut herself away again. Mari couldn't even cry, even with her jaw clenched tight and her fists shaking as her fingernails dug into her palms. She couldn't cry. 

@Raidou

The strike came swift, though the pain came it was welcome, the heat bleeding from it. "Again. You press for things that you really shouldn't. It'd be in your best interest to f**k off and leave me alone. You said you spend your days at the monument? Good. Remember my name next time you look at it." 

Good

"Then so be it, your name won't be on that monument." Raidou whispered gritting his teeth and pulling his blade from the ice with a glide and with a flutter of his red cloak and replacing his glasses. Amongst the white backdrop, he kept pace with each step buttoning down his robe. Keeping the pace with her, a floor he's traversed numerous times before but without purpose. He noticed her hand quivering,

Leave her alone, there's nothing wrong with being alone

Signs of an internal struggle...

Alone...

Raidou was sure of it.

The steps continued in a mirror following the girl with vibrant hair.

"Mari, I am not walking away." Raidou shouted at her in the falling flakes "Talk to me, I can see your troubled just let me help you. I want to help..." he paused a moment between the trees, looking intently at the back of her frame the chilled breath exiting him in huffs of heated air.

@Mari

Edited by Raidou

He had called out to her, saying he would not walk away. Not that Mari cared. She was the one walking away. She was done with him and his nosy, lanky ass constantly pressing into her personal matters. He was a stranger, and had no right.

He then shouted again. Saying he wanted to help. That he could tell she was troubled that he wanted to help. 

"You want to f**king help?" Mari spat as she turned back around. Shouting at him now. "LISTEN WHEN I F**KING TELL YOU I NEED SPACE. WHEN I SAY YOU'RE A GODDAMN F**KING STRANGER AND I DO NOT WANT TO TALK TO YOU."

Another angry step toward Raidou propelled her through her pent up frustration, "I DON'T NEED TO DEAL WITH F**KING ENTITLED PRICKS LIKE YOU" She spat, "WHO THINK THEY CAN SOLVE OTHERS PROBLEMS JUST SO HE CAN FEEL ALL WARM AND F**KING FUZZY ON THE INSIDE FOR DOING A 'GOOD DEED' "

She turned her back on him. "People like you make me sick."

Mari didn't need his false friendship. She didn't want someone trying to psycho-analyse her and force their help on her. If and when she was ready, she'd seek that aid out from someone she felt comfortable talking to. The audacity of Raidou pissed her off. What made him think he could triapse into her life and expect her to open up to him with words flowing like some god damn fountain?

No. 

She was done here.

@Raidou

"LISTEN WHEN I F**KING TELL YOU I NEED SPACE. WHEN I SAY YOU'RE A GODDAMN F**KING STRANGER AND I DO NOT WANT TO TALK TO YOU."

Echoing through the forest, amplified ringing in his eardrums each word hanging on meaning.

Listen

Space

Stranger

Raidou's glasses gleamed as they shielded his eyes from view. Letting her speak her mind in silence...
"I DON'T NEED TO DEAL WITH F**KING ENTITLED PRICKS LIKE YOU"

Entitled... Hardly

"WHO THINK THEY CAN SOLVE OTHERS PROBLEMS JUST SO HE CAN FEEL ALL WARM AND F**KING FUZZY ON THE INSIDE FOR DOING A 'GOOD DEED' "

Raidou looked on to her, his anger behind the frames on his nose.

You don't understand

I don't give a damn how I feel

I'm not doing this for me...
"People like you make me sick."

The final words fell in silence, Raidou found his voice as something broke within him.

"You don't understand at all, you project all your past on every sentence... You assume that you understand my motives." a face rips into his mind in a flash. "I know pain, but I can see mine clearly and you're so damn blinded by it you are just trying to shut down." Raidou yells at her matching the volume she produced.

Taking a step away with a turn, his back reflecting Mari's as they turn away from each other with a flutter of robes and hair.

"If you ever want to talk, even if I have to fight through every word...I'll listen and I'm not giving up on this."

Flicking his menu with his left, opened with grace and fervor he taps an icon or two before it slides shut.

The break of each step as the distance builds between them.

"And if you can even hear me now under all that rage you carry, I don't hate or pity you..." as the steps begin to fall silent with each footfall away.

1875460512_FriendRequest.jpg.758d82fc44585a70581bec8b3cde150d.jpg

@Mari

Edited by Raidou

Mari paused, if only slightly - when the notification came up on her HUD. 

'This mother f**ker wants to be my friend?'

Mari was not in the mood to deal with this. She was already shaking after having lashed out at him. She had been doing so well... trying so hard to be a better person and to be more understanding of others, she had gone out of her way numerous times to help others who needed it. Hell, she even helped this red-coated bastard because she felt bad for him as he sat sniveling in the snow. But that all had unraveled. All because Raidou was being far too insistent, he wasn't listening to her. She got that he wanted to help, but he was going about it in the completely wrong way and it pissed her off.

Mari clicked deny, and went on her way. If he wasn't giving up on 'this' whatever 'this' was. Then she'd see him again soon.