[BR-F25] And a Shadow Attend [Labyrinth Boss]

<<The Shadow>>
<<Immortal Object>>
550 DMG | 4 ACC

Shadow Aura: Players take a penalty of 2 Accuracy. This penalty is ignored if the player has the Night Vision mod or if a member of the party is holding a Glow Stone.
Pillars of Light: Four Machines are placed in four corners of the arena. All must be lit to end the encounter. Lighting a Pillar requires a collective LD of 66.
Shadowlings: Shadowlings attempt to blot out the light. Each unaggroed Shadowling increases the Pillar LD requirement by 1.
Marked for Death: Gaining Aggro on a Shadowling applies a stack of Marked for Death, increasing the Damage <<The Shadow>> deals on his next attack by 15 per stack. Stacks are cleared when the Shadowlings die.

The swirling darkness continued to coalesce. An oppressive aura seemed to settle in on the room. As the shadows solidified, the minotaur - Orgoth - readied his weapons. Slowly, their adversary was given form. From out of the darkness stepped what appeared to be a simple dark-haired man in a black business suit. His expression was one of complete apathy. Through a gaze veiled with sheer boredom, he sized up the group before him. He let out a sigh of exasperation, rolling his shoulders forward and backwards. “This infernal stiffness. One doesn’t appreciate the ability to stretch their limbs until it is robbed of them.” The voice came not from the man, but from the darkness filling the room. It was as if the voice came from everywhere and nowhere, layered on top of itself multiple times and reverberating off of the walls.

Suddenly Orgoth let out a mighty roar. With frightening speed, the Minotaur blitzed past the party. Within an instant, he was upon the figure, his vicious axes raised high above his head. The powerful minotaur struck with all of his might. A loud clang filled the room, the force of his blow cracking the ground beneath the figure’s feet and kicking up a cloud of dust. When the smoke cleared, the heroes would be able to witness the sight before them. Orgoth’s axes seemed to be clashing against an invisible force. Hanging in the air between Orgoth and the figure was an icon with two words:

immortalobjectshadow.jpg.407917566f9f694bd68d34e51d871f4f.jpg

Malicious laughter filled the room. The figure raised both his arms, holding them out to his sides in challenge to the minotaur before him. “What’s the matter Orgoth? I recall a time when you could carve through my shield like paper.” The figure brought one hand in front of him, tucking his middle finger behind his thumb. “I do wish that Orgoth would have come to play. Ah well. What is life but a series of disappointments?” And then he flicked the minotaur in the direct center of his chest. The blow lifted Orgoth off of his feet, blasting the hulking brute back the way he came until he was stopped by the wall far behind him. The minotaur fell to the ground prone, having left an indentation of himself in the brickwork.

“I suppose I’ll have to content myself with you heroes. As a token of my gratitude for freeing me, I’ll make this quick. Now stand still. Don’t make this any worse for yourselves.”

In an instant, the figure had disappeared. The next moment, he was standing to the left of Hestia, just inside of her blind spot with his fist cocked back to deliver a mighty blow to the woman. He followed through with the attack, blasting her away much like he had done with Orgoth, as well as shredding a healthy chunk from her health bar in the process. Now standing in the midst of the warriors, he cast his bored gaze over the five that still remained in close proximity.

“I suppose I should give you all something to play with. Be careful now. The void is hungry.”

The darkness began to coalesce again, this time in multiple places. Dark figures stepped out from the void and began to advance on the party. As they closed in, a voice called out.

“Heroes! Use the Pillars! He must not be allowed to leave this room!”

Orgoth had somewhat rallied from the devastating blow and was slowly climbing to his feet. With a snap of his fingers, The Shadow conjured dark chains that wrapped around the minotaur and bound him to the wall. As a final bit of degradation a metal muzzle appeared from the void and latched itself to Orgoth, preventing the minotaur from speaking.

“Ah, ah. That’s enough from you, Orgoth. But by all means, heroes. Light the Pillars. If you can survive long enough, that is.”

The deadline for this round is 72 hours [March 26 at 8:00PM GMT-5], or when all players have posted once.
As in a standard rotation, all players may post once.

Spoiler

ID: 138638 CD3 Targetting <<Hestia>>
ID: 138639 BD6+4 Deal 550-214= 336 DMG

@Baldur HP 1540/1540  | EN 107/130 | MIT 94 | EVA 5 | ACC 6WF/5MM5 | DMG 24WF/27MM | BH 62 | ANTIDOTE 0/2 | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2 | QChange 0/3 | TOX (9-10) 23
@Hestia HP: 1634/1970 [-336] EN: 100/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3
@Ariel - The Crowned Lion HP: 1630/1630  | EN 84/140 | 24 DMG | 103 MIT | AA +4(6) BD | +1 EVA | 16 BH | 24 HB | 50 THRNS | +4 Fallen (8-10) & 24 DoT3 (8-10)  | 2 Antidote | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2
@Morgenstern HP 1680/1680 | EN 81/138 | 22 DMG | 171 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA | 84 BH | 91 THRNS | Para. Venom (8-10) | 25% DoT Reduce | 3 Antidote | 24(3) Poison (9-10)
@Macradon HP 1689/1885  | EN 184/187 | 23 DMG | 127 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA |  94 BH | 50 Immolation THRNS | 36 Frost THRNS (21 on crit) | 6 Freeze 0/2 | Antidote 1 | Justified Riposte | +12 Holy | Phase | Disguise | +1 Hate | -1 Energy Cost 0/2 | -3 Energy Cost | 6 Recovery
@Zandra HP 2,020/2,020 [-425] | EN 145/187 | 22 DMG | 144 MIT | 7 ACC | 2 EVA | 101 BH | 70 THRNS | Toxic venom (9-10) 24(3) | 25% 1st DoT Reduce | 2 Antidote | 12 Fallen | 36(2) BRN(8-10) | Probiotics -27 | Antioxidants | Well rested 3/3

Shadowling1 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA 
Shadowling2 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA 
Shadowling3 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling4 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA 
Shadowling5 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA 
Shadowling6 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA 
Shadowling7 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA 
Shadowling8 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA 
Shadowling9 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA 
Shadowling10 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA 
Shadowling11 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA 
Shadowling12 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The passage opened into darkness. Then, as if something from a fever dream, a scene began to play out. A dozen minotaurs, their cloven hooves eerily muffled against the hard-packed earth, worked in ta

Posted Images

Well $#!7.

The scene that played out before the gaijin samurai would have been unlike anything he had ever seen, had he not attended the floor 23 boss fight. This, however, was completely unparalleled for a labyrinth guardian fight. Still, exposition through NPCs was one thing.

The chunk of HP it knocked out of Hestia was quite another. She wasn't as burly as humanly possible for a tank, but she could absorb damage like the best of them, and usually anything shy of a floor boss would only chip away at her HP bar. He didn't recall ever seeing Hestia take such a heavy blow before.

The lights. It's a shadow. Makes sense.

Before anything else could happen, Baldur rushed off towards one of the strange pillars.

"Zee, Mac, Hestia. Pull the Shadow spawn away from the lights while we try to turn these bloody things on."

Baldur scrambled over the darkened surface of the large mechanical device. He wasn't able to make out any details, but he did finally throw something that felt like a lever. He threw it, and he heard something happening, but he couldn't tell what.

"Jon, Ariel, help me with this light."

Baldur HP 1540/1540  | EN 108/130 | MIT 94 | EVA 5 | ACC 6WF/5MM5 | DMG 24WF/27MM | BH 62 | ANTIDOTE 0/2 | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2 | QChange 0/3 | TOX (9-10) 23
@Hestia HP: 1634/1970 [-336] EN: 100/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3
@Ariel - The Crowned Lion HP: 1630/1630  | EN 84/140 | 24 DMG | 103 MIT | AA +4(6) BD | +1 EVA | 16 BH | 24 HB | 50 THRNS | +4 Fallen (8-10) & 24 DoT3 (8-10)  | 2 Antidote | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2
@Morgenstern HP 1680/1680 | EN 81/138 | 22 DMG | 171 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA | 84 BH | 91 THRNS | Para. Venom (8-10) | 25% DoT Reduce | 3 Antidote | 24(3) Poison (9-10)
@Macradon HP 1689/1885  | EN 184/187 | 23 DMG | 127 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA |  94 BH | 50 Immolation THRNS | 36 Frost THRNS (21 on crit) | 6 Freeze 0/2 | Antidote 1 | Justified Riposte | +12 Holy | Phase | Disguise | +1 Hate | -1 Energy Cost 0/2 | -3 Energy Cost | 6 Recovery
@Zandra HP 2,020/2,020 [-425] | EN 145/187 | 22 DMG | 144 MIT | 7 ACC | 2 EVA | 101 BH | 70 THRNS | Toxic venom (9-10) 24(3) | 25% 1st DoT Reduce | 2 Antidote | 12 Fallen | 36(2) BRN(8-10) | Probiotics -27 | Antioxidants | Well rested 3/3

Baldur ID#138642 LD: 15
Light #1 Total: 15
Light #2 Total: 0
Light #3 Total: 0
Light #4 Total: 0

Edited by Baldur

As he slowly took in deep breaths while everything was going around him, Macradon finally finished his mental gymnastics and arose to the task once again, “I’m ready to fight when you are.” he said to the rest of his raid party and drew his sword once again. As shadows began to draw their way across the battlefield as well as the center of the cave, a creature … an enemy … appeared. “Wait what the f---.” he said as he looked at the businessman that was now their adversary. Before Macradon could say anything, Orgoth the big minotaur rushed to the center of the scene smashing his giant axes towards the being.

With clashes that sounded like some quite hefty blows. Wind blew from the immense force, dust thrown everywhere as vacuum waves were created behind the swing. A loud noise rang throughout the room, the only indication that Orgoth actually hit something, as the cloudy dust had gathered in the air, blocking any visual feedback from what was going on. He shielded himself from the dust with his scarf, holding it over the slits in his helmet to keep as much out as possible, waiting for the dust to settle so he could see again.

He removed the scarf with a hard swoop to push away the dusty dirt as well, only to see what had been going on “Excuse, but what the f***!” he exclaimed. ‘Immortal Object’, a weird tag he nearly never saw, and especially not on enemies like these … He tried to shrug it off, but had to come with a stupid comment “Is this some bad off season April Fool’s joke? Am I being punk'd?” he began to look around “WHERE ARE THE CAMERAS!” he roared at the shadowy being, he grinded his teeth and tried to look at what was unfolding in front of him, but it was just so much to take in at a time. 

In the blink of an eye, the giant minotaur was thrown away with what seemed like no effort at all, and again, another one was flung away, Hestia. “Wh- what!” he roared out as he saw his party mate being flung away like that with a flick. He was shocked at first and took a few steps back from what just happened, but quickly got his posture back into shape. He took off his helmet and threw it to the ground, shattering it as it entered his inventory after being doffed. He listened as Baldur instructed everyone, it was a good idea, a fine plan to follow, he nodded at the Gaijin samurai and looked back with a glare at the shadowy boss that stood in front of them.

BattleReadyMac.png

With a quick snare, Macradon began to speak “You seem to be under the misconception about what I am and what I do. A hero? Please, no one calls me hero, but let us suppose I am, I would not fear falling into this darkness … I would look forward to it …

As a Hero then, I’ll be walking on the razor’s edge. Not between good and evil, I would never be able to be tainted like you, I walk between my ‘law’ and ‘justice’. The ‘law’ I follow is of this world, an immortal object I am not permitted to harm, yet my ‘justification’ would be to follow through in anything as long as I save innocent lives. ANYTHING! he roared as Belphegor ignited his flames, flaring up for a short while before the darkness consumed the light once again.

“You don’t seem to understand what it is like to be me. You don’t know the pain, the pressure it is to be amongst the highest leveled players. To store away all your anger, all your fury, all your sense of justice and what is right, hold it inside you and bottle it away, all day every day for the rest of your life. Doing the right thing doesn’t mean I get to stop all evil just because. I just get to trim it when it becomes overgrown. The path I have chosen to walk is not about vengeance or what's right; it’s about moderation in the face of power, restraint and compassion for scum like you.

This is why I don’t fear falling into your pitiful darkness, I don’t spend all day looking for ways to prevent myself from doing evil and giving in to the darkness - I actively seek it out. Every time I face evil, I ask ‘Is this the threat that I’m going to give it all up for? Is this what I’m going to give up my ability to help others in the future, in order to bring it down now. Is this the evil that I am willing to forsake everyone cheering at me and my power to stop?!” he exclaimed again sticking his sword into the ground and pointed at the edgy shadow dude.

“What you should be asked yourself now, what you really need to be thinking about, is: ‘Is what I’m doing something that will make this guy want to fall?’ Because you should know that once I fall, all those rules which protect you from me are gone. No longer will I be able to be stopped by any system locking us down, nothing will prevent me from prevailing, not to a stupid program like you! If I give my all, and I mean EVERYTHING, I will not stop! If you somehow escape me today, I will hunt you down and grab you by the pits of hell personally. Even if that means that I have to invoke the wrath of all the restrictions put upon this digital body and Cardinal that will surely hold everything against me! 

So when Cardinal begins to delete me and drags me down into nothing, I will make sure that my fists are wrapped firmly around your ankles and you go down with me. I want you to listen to me now, and I mean really listen, because Cardinal might have received my late mentor, the Berzerker, but Cardinal will know real fear when he accidentally catches onto my pixels. So I ask you one last time: do you think you can stop the frontlines, when I truly believe that everyone that stands by me today won’t give just as much if not more than I do! You should fear the light of hope that we Heroes shine upon you, even if we can’t hurt you!”.

DynamicMac.png

He quickly picked up his sword as he dashed to the side and with a mighty battleroar, Macradon entered the fray once again. With the blinding light of his Holy sword cutting through the darkness and Belphegor’s hellish flames, Macradon charged straight into four shadowlings and with mighty force activated his sword art. Bright orange engulfed his silvery sword as the knight took stance. He took in a deep breath before Cardinal assisted him in maneuvering his body, a quick sweep low to keep them at bay, distancing them from him, following the momentum he spun and with a single hand increased his effective range of attack, getting one of the shadows with his sweep.

He continued his momentum, not stopping to waste any energy. He latched on again with the other hand to the handle and swung it around behind him to lower its angle, throwing an upwards diagonal cut from his lower right into the shadows. To increase his momentum even further, he spun in a pirouette and with both hands firmly grasped he unleashed a heavy blow, staggering the shadows that escaped his clutch while dealing great blows to the one caught in the massacre. With the remaining momentum the knight jumped into the air - and with the leftover mechanical energy in his body - spun twice  as he cut through the darkness.

As his attack finished, Macradon barked once again “Do not underestimate Macradon, Vanguard Commander of the Knight of Blood! I will not hesitate to take on the mantle and become Commander, just to tread upon you with as much dignity as possible!”. He took a short second to catch his breath from the sudden adrenaline rush and thought to himself “Whew, that sounded cool, hope that I didn’t look like some delusional fool to the others, that would be one hell of a debriefing.”.

< Meditation used without being interrupted >

Spoiler

image.png

Attack 1: Miss.
                                Attack 2: Miss.
                                Attack 1: 28x12-75 = 261 Damage to Shadowling 3

Attack 2: Miss.

ID: 138675
CD: 8 -> Recovery Proc!

Baldur HP 1540/1540  | EN 108/130 | MIT 94 | EVA 5 | ACC 6WF/5MM5 | DMG 24WF/27MM | BH 62 | ANTIDOTE 0/2 | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2 | QChange 0/3 | TOX (9-10) 23
Hestia HP: 1634/1970 [-336] EN: 100/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3
Ariel HP: 1630/1630  | EN 84/140 | 24 DMG | 103 MIT | AA +4(6) BD | +1 EVA | 16 BH | 24 HB | 50 THRNS | +4 Fallen (8-10) & 24 DoT3 (8-10)  | 2 Antidote | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2
Morgenstern HP 1680/1680 | EN 81/138 | 22 DMG | 171 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA | 84 BH | 91 THRNS | Para. Venom (8-10) | 25% DoT Reduce | 3 Antidote | 24(3) Poison (9-10)
Macradon HP 1783/1885  | EN 184/187 | 23 DMG | 127 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA |  94 BH | 50 Immolation THRNS | 36 Frost THRNS (21 on crit) | 6 Freeze 0/2 | Antidote 1 | Justified Riposte | +12 Holy | Phase | Disguise | +1 Hate | -1 Energy Cost 0/2 | -3 Energy Cost | 6 Recovery (+94)(+15)(-10)(+7)
Zandra HP 2,020/2,020 [-425] | EN 145/187 | 22 DMG | 144 MIT | 7 ACC | 2 EVA | 101 BH | 70 THRNS | Toxic venom (9-10) 24(3) | 25% 1st DoT Reduce | 2 Antidote | 12 Fallen | 36(2) BRN(8-10) | Probiotics -27 | Antioxidants | Well rested 3/3

Spoiler

Shadowling1 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma1,Z0]
Shadowling2 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma1,Z0]
Shadowling3 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling4 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma1,Z0]
Shadowling5 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]
Shadowling6 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]
Shadowling7 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]
Shadowling8 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]
Shadowling9 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]
Shadowling10 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]
Shadowling11 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]
Shadowling12 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]

A cold wave of dread crashed over the tank of the group as two simple words sets in upon this figure that they were meant to win against, or they were meant to survive against as a floor boss. The phrase immortal objects rings within Hestia's mind as she realizes that means one of two things for what is about to play out as her mind races with possibilities before having them quickly silenced with a strike against her from this figure that knocked the minotaur and then herself around like a ragdoll. A loud thud follows as she slams into the wall her head meeting stone as her world blurs and her ears ring with the impact. Everything feel fuzzy and far off for a few moments as she slowly gets up to her feet with a far off look that slowly focuses back unto reality and the situation that is playing out before her. Having not noticed her lion familiar fly on over towards her and nudge her to make sure that she was okay the small cub backing away from her once she had gotten back onto her feet. 'The shadow guy is watching us fight. Baldur is at some weird pillar. Their are enemies here. The guy is a immortal object and we probably need to protect the boss to remove his immortal object status for this boss fight that is coming up. So are we just prepping the boss arena before we get kicked out?' She thinks to herself in a haze of confusement as she glances at her health bar as the surprise and shock of the amount lost in one strike hits her as she has to wonder if that was from the impact, or if that was from just the pure hit of this guy. As she can only assume that if hit was the shadow guy that he has to be the floor boss, and if it was the impact then that just means she'll be fine in the long run once they can free Orgoth.

She opens her eyes once she exhales and quickly slams the pommel of her blade against her shield doing the only thing she can and gathering whatever these new enemies that macradon killed one of towards herself. Activating her skill howl towards one bunch of..shadows? she can't really get a good look at what form they are appearing beyond just a big blob of shadows surrounding these pillars. Glancing to her side hestia sees her familiar looking up at her with a concerned look upon its face as she offers a small smile down towards her faithful companion before focusing onto the most likely going to be soon advancing shadow legion. 'Figure out when he flew over later. Be glad that you have your protection familiar saving your ass later.' She thinks to herself before prepping for the onslaught once more. Hoping for anything that is holy that this shadow man just stays back instead of punching her again.

Action: Howl vs shadowling 9-12 +4 hate.to hestia

Hestia HP: 1732/1970  EN: 99/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3
@Ariel - The Crowned Lion HP: 1630/1630  | EN 84/140 | 24 DMG | 103 MIT | AA +4(6) BD | +1 EVA | 16 BH | 24 HB | 50 THRNS | +4 Fallen (8-10) & 24 DoT3 (8-10)  | 2 Antidote | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2
@MorgensternHP 1680/1680 | EN 81/138 | 22 DMG | 171 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA | 84 BH | 91 THRNS | Para. Venom (8-10) | 25% DoT Reduce | 3 Antidote | 24(3) Poison (9-10)
Macradon HP 1783/1885  | EN 184/187 | 23 DMG | 127 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA |  94 BH | 50 Immolation THRNS | 36 Frost THRNS (21 on crit) | 6 Freeze 0/2 | Antidote 1 | Justified Riposte | +12 Holy | Phase | Disguise | +1 Hate | -1 Energy Cost 0/2 | -3 Energy Cost | 6 Recovery (+94)(+15)(-10)(+7)
@Zandra HP 2,020/2,020 [-425] | EN 145/187 | 22 DMG | 144 MIT | 7 ACC | 2 EVA | 101 BH | 70 THRNS | Toxic venom (9-10) 24(3) | 25% 1st DoT Reduce | 2 Antidote | 12 Fallen | 36(2) BRN(8-10) | Probiotics -27 | Antioxidants | Well rested 3/3

Spoiler

Shadowling1 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma1,Z0]
Shadowling9 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H4,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]
Shadowling10 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B0,H4,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]
Shadowling11 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B0,H4,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]
Shadowling12 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B0,H4,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]

Further confusion ensued. The crackling of his weapon was interrupted by the echoing laughter that came from seemingly every direction. Shadows collided and collapsed together, forming a pale-skinned man dressed far too well for the occasion. Seeing him immediately filled Jonathan with dread, the man's face was filled with boredom as he gazed upon them. Behind his eyes laid a darkness eternal, a void that threatened to swallow the light. 

As quick as a flash, Orgoth sprinted past him, hacking away at the man. A hatred rested within Orgoth, but also fear. His fighting displayed desperation, this enemy far extending his own power. Each attack was met with an invisible forcefield, bouncing off before striking the man. As the onslaught finally came to an end, a purple marker appeared above the new threat's head. <<Immortal Object>> a tag that was only commonly seen on structures such as buildings. 

The blond gulped, his sword lowering as his mind quickly began to think of how they could overcome this new threat. 'Is this Shadow Man the boss? Is that why we can't hit him right now? Something is off' He watched as the shadow man simply flicked in the direction of Orgoth. The wind pressure was enough to slam the Minotaur king into the wall with enough force to make an indention. This new boss was displaying power unrivaled by any previous boss. 'Maybe this is just a display of power and its going to be easier?'  This thought quickly passed as Hestia was the next to get thrown. Her health bar in the corner of his view quickly dipped. 

Everything after that happened far too fast, Orgoth becoming trapped and telling them to turn the lights onto the opponent. 'Is that even enough to stop it?' he thought. He found himself picking up his feet, following Baldur to help set the first light pillar. He watched as the man flipped a lever, his work rewarded by several clicking sounds. Jonathan's eyes widened. "I think you unlocked its pedestal! We can rotate it now!" Slamming his shoulder into the side, he would begin to push the statue to get it to rotate the light towards the battlefield. 'Who made these things light up the other areas?' 

138728 LD:7 Total Added towards Pillar 1

Light #1 Total: 22

The blonde watched as the newcomer NPC got slammed against the wall, soon followed by their tank. Her attention got robbed from the health bars, which she wanted to check to see how much damage he had done to Hestia; now instead she was staring incredulously at the words above their new opponent: Immortal Object... That wasn't good to say the least. The fact that it could deal damage to them while the group couldn't retaliate raised all kinds of reg flags inside her head, by instinct her eyes looking to secure a exit location. 

So far it seemed that they could get away if things got over their capabilities which she was grateful for. However annoyance rapidly became more visible on her expression as she continued to listen to this shadow's cocky speech. "Try me!" she muttered after the guy in the black suit stopped talking.

Hearing Bal's instructions the blonde shook her head, cast one glance at the chained minotaur which gave them a tip. She joined the two party members and tried her best to assist.

ID# 138746 LD:10 Total Added towards Pillar 1

Light #1 Total: 32

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion
  • 2 weeks later...

As the player with the snow-white hair spoke, the Shadow listened. With each passing phrase, the figure’s expression morphed seamlessly from apathy to amusement. Falling something between a smirk and a sneer, the twisted countenance was approaching horrific. Usually, he would have no time for mindless drivel from such an insignificant worm. However, after eons trapped away, he appreciated the entertainment. 

“What a heartfelt declaration,” the shadowy figure stated once the player fell silent. The room quieted as his voice boomed, the only noise aside from Orgoth’s muffled protests as he thrashed against his bindings. Then the swordsman burst into action, hacking at the shadowlings that swarmed like angry insects. Though his attempt did impress the Shadow, the player succeeded in only killing one creature. As expected. He allowed another moment for his foe to say more, then answered, “I hope that you will put in as much effort when you are pleading for your life.”

"Try me!"

The Shadow’s gaze snapped to the woman, and he held out both arms in a placating gesture. “As you wish.” And he vanished. When the shadows formed the man seconds later, he once again stood beside Hestia. This time, however, the fist he threw missed the woman’s face by a hairsbreadth. He disappeared even before the completing the punch's follow through, forming again in the center of the massive space. All humor had fled from his face, annoyance now taking up residence there. Apparently, eons of imprisonment also affected his accuracy. But it was no matter, they would never succeed. “You have a long way to go, heroes,” he growled, voice low, rich, and rolling like thunder through the cavern. “Are my shadowlings too much for you?”

The deadline for this round is 72 hours [April 10 at 11:00AM GMT-5], or when all players have posted once.

Spoiler

ID: 139601 BD1 Miss

Light #1 Total: 32

[Marked for Death-4]Hestia HP: 1732/1970 EN: 100/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3
Ariel HP: 1630/1630  | EN 84/140 | 24 DMG | 103 MIT | AA +4(6) BD | +1 EVA | 16 BH | 24 HB | 50 THRNS | +4 Fallen (8-10) & 24 DoT3 (8-10)  | 2 Antidote | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2
Morgenstern HP 1680/1680 | EN 81/138 | 22 DMG | 171 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA | 84 BH | 91 THRNS | Para. Venom (8-10) | 25% DoT Reduce | 3 Antidote | 24(3) Poison (9-10)
[Marked for Death-3]Macradon HP 1783/1885  | EN 184/187 | 23 DMG | 127 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA |  94 BH | 50 Immolation THRNS | 36 Frost THRNS (21 on crit) | 6 Freeze 0/2 | Antidote 1 | Justified Riposte | +12 Holy | Phase | Disguise | +1 Hate | -1 Energy Cost 0/2 | -3 Energy Cost | 6 Recovery (+94)(+15)(-10)(+7)
Zandra HP 2,020/2,020 [-425] | EN 145/187 | 22 DMG | 144 MIT | 7 ACC | 2 EVA | 101 BH | 70 THRNS | Toxic venom (9-10) 24(3) | 25% 1st DoT Reduce | 2 Antidote | 12 Fallen | 36(2) BRN(8-10) | Probiotics -27 | Antioxidants | Well rested 3/3

Shadowling1 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma1,Z0]

Macradon chuckled and readied his sword against the shadowy figure “Pleading for my life? Please! Why should I plead to something on a 2 inch pedestal thinking they’re mightier than those that stand 2 inches below it, pathetic!” he roared out as he saw the somewhat whiffed attempt of an attack at Hestia. With three shadowlings targeting the knight in dark steel Macradon would avert his gaze from the shadowlings and the shadow figure as well. He rushed to the light where everyone else were, with three shadowlings up behind him, Macradon merely ignored them as his marks for death weren’t relevant at all. He walked up to the others and tried to speak up for motivation “Oh come light, as we stand in darkness consumed by nothingness. Let this light guide us to the right passage and let not this foul being -” he paused and look over at the shadow figure with one eye closed and his tongue sticking out “- do any harm to innocent folk! Listen to our willpower and let this Luck and Pluck get us through this moment!” he called out to the light, and if SAO had any sound effects, this was where a fart noise would come as his willpower added near to nothing to this light.

ID: 139988
LD: 2
Light #1 Total: 34

Spoiler

@Baldur HP 1540/1540  | EN 108/130 | MIT 94 | EVA 5 | ACC 6WF/5MM5 | DMG 24WF/27MM | BH 62 | ANTIDOTE 0/2 | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2 | QChange 0/3 | TOX (9-10) 23
[Marked for Death-4]@Hestia HP: 1732/1970 EN: 100/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3
[Marked for Death-3]Macradon HP 1877/1885  | EN 184/187 | 23 DMG | 127 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA |  94 BH | 50 Immolation THRNS | 36 Frost THRNS (21 on crit) | 6 Freeze 0/2 | Antidote 1 | Justified Riposte | +12 Holy | Phase | Disguise | +1 Hate | -1 Energy Cost 0/2 | -3 Energy Cost | 6 Recovery (+94)(+15)(-10)(+7)

Baldur continued to scramble in the dark against the unfamiliar device.

"Come on.. come on... turn on, damn you."

At last, Baldur was joined by the others as they aggroed the remaining shadowlings, and Zandra let our a might dragon's roar. If they rallied together as a team, then they could do this, but that was the only way they were going to do this before the boss called someone's number. Thankfully, when it went after Hestia this time, she was just barely able to avoid being hit, or its speed was so great that it missed. Whatever the case, they had bought some more time, which was just a well, since Baldur and Macradon didn't seem to be making much progress.

"Can anyone tell how this bloody thing works? I don't feel like I'm making any progress!"

He searched out, mostly by touch against the giant lighting contraption. There was only so much he could tell in the dark.

"I really wish I had brought my light stone."

ID#139989 LD: 7 to Light #1
Light #1 Total: 41

Spoiler

Baldur HP 1540/1540  | EN 109/130 | MIT 94 | EVA 5 | ACC 6WF/5MM5 | DMG 24WF/27MM | BH 62 | ANTIDOTE 0/2 | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2 | QChange 0/3 | TOX (9-10) 23 | +1 EN regened
[Marked for Death-4]@Hestia HP: 1732/1970 EN: 100/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3
[Marked for Death-3]Macradon HP 1877/1885  | EN 184/187 | 23 DMG | 127 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA |  94 BH | 50 Immolation THRNS | 36 Frost THRNS (21 on crit) | 6 Freeze 0/2 | Antidote 1 | Justified Riposte | +12 Holy | Phase | Disguise | +1 Hate | -1 Energy Cost 0/2 | -3 Energy Cost | 6 Recovery (+94)(+15)(-10)(+7)

Edited by Baldur

Zandra herd Baldur instucting her, Hestia and Macradon to pull the shadows away from the lights. Zandra did have respect to the samuraj, so she was prepared to listen to his orders. She was just going to aggro four of the lights when Mac spoke up. Zandra just listened as he talked. And talked, and talked. Zandra started to get a bit nervous. This was a battle, and that was an NPC, not a living player. That was someone they was here to kill, not chit chat with. Zandra looked at the rest of the party. Hestia got some of the orbs attention, Mac to as well as killing one. The other three was fixing the pillar. What would Zandra do? Hold a speach? No. Slam the pommel on her shield? No, she dont have a shield. Fix the pillar? No, Baldur told her to aggro those shadowlings. She felt the sweat on her forehead and palms. But she did, nothing. "Come on Zandra. Move! Do something!" she said angrily to herself behind gritting teeths.

Then, something snapped in her. Memories flashed infront of her, scenes from the previous lab boss fights as she herd the shadow keep calling them heroes. Her heartbeats went faster. Breathing, went depper. If someone looked at her, they would see flames growing around her from her armor, like an aura around her. The fire spread to her eyes.

Zandra took a deep breath, inhaling as much as she could as she charged up her howl skill, she activated it and howled. But it wasnt a wolf howl. It was a low, deep, rumbling dragon howl.

''Raaawwwwrrrgghh!!!!''

She grabbed her axe again looked at the shadow. "FITE ME!" she growled and prepared for whatever was to come.

-Using howl on shadowling 5, 6, 7 and 8-

Spoiler

Baldur HP 1540/1540  | EN 109/130 | MIT 94 | EVA 5 | ACC 6WF/5MM5 | DMG 24WF/27MM | BH 62 | ANTIDOTE 0/2 | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2 | QChange 0/3 | TOX (9-10) 23 | +1 EN regened
@Zandra HP 2,020/2,020 [-425] | EN 140/187 | 22 DMG | 144 MIT | 7 ACC | 2 EVA | 101 BH | 70 THRNS | Toxic venom (9-10) 24(3) | 25% 1st DoT Reduce | 2 Antidote | 12 Fallen | 36(2) BRN(8-10) | Probiotics -27 | Antioxidants | Well rested 2/3

Shadowling5 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z2]
Shadowling6 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z2]
Shadowling7 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z2]
Shadowling8 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA  Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z2]

Edited by Zandra

She looks towards the figure that moves like something of a gaseous being not one made of flesh and blood, but made entirely and made from the shadows itself not something one could easily hit. Feeling the air shift beside her head she can only catch the glimpse of the shadow immortal being go for a strike and then swiftly retreat as she just grins finding herself both rather lucky and ready to light up the entire place as well when she sees zandra move into action as well. Well i guess you can't be that much of a good marksman if you couldn't hit somebody whose a tank. Better luck next time. Maybe you'll hit the broadside of a barn next time. She shouts over towards the creature before running towards where macradon and baldur are as she just stares at the thing that is meant to illuminate the area around them. 'I guess i could create a spark by slamming my sword against my shield? It would create sparks, but i don't know how well that'd work or if those sparks can even ignite anything...maybe if i grate the sword against the shield as hard as possible and slowly?' She thinks to herself as she arrives at the area and then does her plan to try and ignite this thing. Grinding her curved blade against her shield she watches as some sparks get created hitting the source they are meant to be lighting as faint embers glow upon it. The first signs of a possible light, but needing more fuel to their pier to make them truly be able to shine brightly across the room. Well it's slow but steady i guess. Closer, and yet so far at the sametime. She says with a chuckle before turning her head in the direction of where the shadow immortal is encase it tries to rush at her again.

Looking over towards the duo of macradon and baldur she shrugs her shoulder slightly before glancing back towards the will be possible boss. So then do we kill those shadow things or just keep them hating me and zandra then? Cause we have no idea what those shadow things will do when we light this up. It could cause them to instantly die, or for as far as we know it could cause them to instantly snuff it out?

Action: lighting the blazer. Healing from BH applied to hestia.
#139992 LD:14  (55/66)

Edited by Hestia

The blonde struggled to turn the light mechanic, Hestia coming over to join them. Gritting his teeth against its weight. There had to be an easier way that this. However, he kept his mouth shut and tried to turn the massive light. "This better have some effect" he told his comarades. As Hestia made her thoughts known, he shook his head. "I really hope they just die and they don't just get angry or something." With one final effort, the light pilla was turned in the correct position, all that was left was to light the pillar so that it blazed brightly. Pulling his weapon out of his sheathe, he would wedge it into the pillar, the crackling of electricity coming from within the weapon. "Strike my sword as hard as you can!" he would shout to the other players. His weapon's electricity should help get some kind of light going, but as hard as this one was, would they be able to get them all lit before they were overrun?

140291 LD:5

60/66

• 2 weeks later...

Uproarious laughter rolled like thunder, echoing in the cavernous space. The joyous sound was entirely out of place amid the chaos and the violence, as was the grin plastered across the Shadow's face. No longer did he make any effort to hide his amusement. "You speak with such confidence, yet when faced with true challenge, your performance is..." The creature waved a hand in the air as if searching for the correct term. Upon settling on it, he drew out each satisfying syllable. "Un-der-whelm-ing."

In a blink, the Shadow dissolved, then formed directly in front of Macradon. Lighthearted humor warped into a sneer as dark as the shadows that formed him. His face hovered just a short distance from the white-haired swordsman's - in fact, there were only two inches between them. Then the boss thrust out his hand, delivering a single blow to Macradon's chest with a resounding thud.

"You think you can fight my darkness?" The Shadow's voice boomed with the same explosive volume as a cannon blast. "You, who have not lit a single torch to stand against me? No, you have nothing. You are nothing."

A new wave of Shadowlings emerged from the black, joining their brethren to swarm the small party.

"Let us end this charade now!"

The deadline for this round is 72 hours [April 25 at 3:00PM GMT-5], or when all players have posted once.

Spoiler

Acquiring Target ID: 142338 CD1, Targetting Macradon
Macradon CD1-4
Hestia CD5-8
Zandra CD9-12

Shadow Attack vs Macradon ID: 142389 BD4+4-2=6 Hit!
Deal 550 + 45 [3 Marks] = 595 RAW
595-127 = 468 DMG

Shadowling Wave Two Spawns - 12 Shadowlings Summoned

[Marked for Death-4] Hestia HP: 1732/1970 EN: 100/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3
Morgenstern HP 1680/1680 | EN 81/138 | 22 DMG | 171 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA | 84 BH | 91 THRNS | Para. Venom (8-10) | 25% DoT Reduce | 3 Antidote | 24(3) Poison (9-10)
[Marked for Death-3]Macradon HP 1409/1885 [-468] | EN 184/187 | 23 DMG | 127 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA |  94 BH | 50 Immolation THRNS | 36 Frost THRNS (21 on crit) | 6 Freeze 0/2 | Antidote 1 | Justified Riposte | +12 Holy | Phase | Disguise | +1 Hate | -1 Energy Cost 0/2 | -3 Energy Cost | 6 Recovery (+94)(+15)(-10)(+7)
[Marked for Death -4]Zandra HP 2,020/2,020 [-425] | EN 140/187 | 22 DMG | 144 MIT | 7 ACC | 2 EVA | 101 BH | 70 THRNS | Toxic venom (9-10) 24(3) | 25% 1st DoT Reduce | 2 Antidote | 12 Fallen | 36(2) BRN(8-10) | Probiotics -27 | Antioxidants | Well rested 2/3

Shadowling13 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling14 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling15 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling16 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling17 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling18 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling19 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling20 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling21 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling22 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling23 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling24 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA

@Baldur @Ariel - The Crowned Lion @Morgenstern @Hestia @Macradon @Zandra

Macradon shrugged at the shadow’s mockery “I mean, so are yours.” he replied as the attacks that had come out as of late had been lackluster since the only thing holding them back were small underlings and pillars of light. “You talk all those big words like we’re supposed to be afraid of you, like you’re a force to be reckoned with, but something you still haven’t realized is that this rag tag motley crew is still standing in front of you, even with your quote unquote “mighty power” you’re trying to flaunt at us.” he said and watched as in the blink of an eye, the world around him flickered.

A short and quick thrust to his torso sent him flying away in the air, massive amounts of force pushing his digital body away from where he stood before, all happening in an instant. He coughed from the tremendous pressure felt on his chest, the Cardinal system sending negative feedback close to what collapsing ribs could feel like, not pain, but edging very close to. The knight cleared his throat and spat on the ground, holding his sword at the ready once again.

He took his time getting up from the blow, one knee at a time. Belphegor rushed to its master’s side and aided by being a solid rock Macradon could use to get up. “Thanks bud.” he said and patted his cerberus and then shifted his gaze to the shadow. “You think that’s enough to make us falter? You think that’s enough to break us? Must be a jest of yours, right? You seem to enjoy this, but can’t seem to actually be any danger to us. The rules conforming your existence, the bits that build up your form, the rules around you, stopping us from physically hurting you, they’re what’s keeping us going, numbers.” he said and stood back up straight.

“But that’s not important, you’re not important, the only thing important for us right now; Liberation of the trapped citizen of Aincrad.” the knight said and approached the newly arrived shadowlings, a whole dozen of them, again. “Alright Penguins! We can’t stay huddling together, Baldur, Zandra, help me get rid of the new guys, the rest of you, either sweep the floor with what’s remaining or get those lights turned on! Many innocent people depend on our actions, don’t let time get the upper hand here!” the knight roared and jumped straight back to combat.

With his greatsword Macradon cleaved straight into three of three shadowlings, more than he had accomplished his first time. Like the pillars of light they wanted to shine, Macradon’s holy blade erupted in its bright white light as one of the shadowlings was obliterated by the sheer energy of light cleaving through it. With the other shadowlings hurt, Macradon would take the opportunity to take his momentary leave “Cya later, edgy henchmen.” he said as his Vanish sill activated, shrouding the knight as he slowly bled into the shadows around him.

< Vanish activated from Shadowling 14 kill >

ID: 143456
LD: 11+5=16 Stealth Rating

Spoiler

image.png

Attack 1: 23x12-75 = 201 Damage to Shadowling 13
                                     Attack 2: 36x12-(75/2) = 395 Damage to Shadowling 14
                                     Attack 3: 23x12-75 = 201 Damage to Shadowling 13
                                     Attack 4: Miss.

ID: 143443
CD: 9 -> Recovery Proc

@Baldur HP 1540/1540  | EN 109/130 | MIT 94 | EVA 5 | ACC 6WF/5MM5 | DMG 24WF/27MM | BH 62 | ANTIDOTE 0/2 | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2 | QChange 0/3 | TOX (9-10) 23 | +1 EN regened
[Marked for Death-4] @Hestia HP: 1732/1970 EN: 100/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3
@Morgenstern HP 1680/1680 | EN 81/138 | 22 DMG | 171 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA | 84 BH | 91 THRNS | Para. Venom (8-10) | 25% DoT Reduce | 3 Antidote | 24(3) Poison (9-10)
[Marked for Death-6]Macradon HP 1409/1885 [-468] | EN 166/187 | 23 DMG | 127 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA |  94 BH | 50 Immolation THRNS | 36 Frost THRNS (21 on crit) | 6 Freeze 0/2 | Antidote 1 | Justified Riposte | +12 Holy | Phase | Disguise | +1 Hate | -1 Energy Cost 0/2 | -3 Energy Cost | 6 Recovery (+94)(+15)(-10)(+7)
[Marked for Death -4]@Zandra HP 2,020/2,020 [-425] | EN 140/187 | 22 DMG | 144 MIT | 7 ACC | 2 EVA | 101 BH | 70 THRNS | Toxic venom (9-10) 24(3) | 25% 1st DoT Reduce | 2 Antidote | 12 Fallen | 36(2) BRN(8-10) | Probiotics -27 | Antioxidants | Well rested 2/3

Spoiler

Shadowling13   49 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma2,Z0]
Shadowling14     0 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling15   49 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma2,Z0]
Shadowling16 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma1,Z0]
Shadowling17 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling18 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling19 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling20 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA

As members of the party seemed to fumble about, lost in the darkness, their teamwork seemed to be eroding. They weren't working as well together as they had in the beginning. Something was off. Is it fear? Are they afraid because he's an immortal object? Baldur shook his head. Whatever the reason was, they should retreat and regroup. The cohesion just wasn't there.

Then Baldur felt a surge of wind and saw Macradon fly past him, the Knight's health dropping a substantial chunk of his health bar as well. He was more familiar with Mac's health bar than Hestia's. If that thing hit him, it was going to hurt. Baldur could probably only take 2 or 3 of those hits before he bit the big one.

"Come on we--"

Baldur was about to shout out more orders, when Macradon began. Slowly pushing himself to his feet and then charging into the next group of Shadowlings, his blade roaring to life as he smote one with his holy fire.

"Alright then."

Baldur rushed into the group of new shadows. Pulling them away from mucking with the torches was the important part. The gaijin samurai took careful aim, and then activated his AoE sword art <<Amatsu no homura>> and the brilliant white light of his sword art lit the area around the last torched with its brilliant white light, flecked with golden lightning. He felt the crit land on one, but it was almost random. The shadows blending into the darkness made them almost escape his grasp, but he was able to hit all 4 of them and grab their attention. It was then that he noticed the debuff <<Marked for Death>> with 4 stacked. He hadn't realized the danger he had placed Macradon and Hestia and Zandra in. And now myself as well.

Baldur had a thought about safeguards, but with how rare they were, he was not ready to use one on this fight.

"Keep it up! Speed is the key here!"

Spoiler

Amatsu 8x
24x8=192 RAW - 75 MIT = 117 DMG Dealt (Hit vs Shadow 18 & 20)
25x8=200 RAW - 75 MIT = 125 DMG Dealt (Crit+1vs Shadow 19)

ID#143485 BD: 2+6+1-3=6 (hit)
ID#143486 BD: 3+6+1-3=7 (hit)
ID#143487 BD: 9 (crit +1 damage)
ID#143488 BD: 3+6+1-3=7 (hit)

[Marked for Death-4] Baldur HP 1540/1540  | EN 97/130 | MIT 94 | EVA 5 | ACC 6WF/5MM5 | DMG 24WF/27MM | BH 62 | ANTIDOTE 0/2 | Conc 3/3 | Parry 0/2 | QChange 0/3 | TOX (9-10) 23 | -13 EN, +1 EN regened
[Marked for Death-4] Hestia HP: 1732/1970 EN: 100/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3
Morgenstern HP 1680/1680 | EN 81/138 | 22 DMG | 171 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA | 84 BH | 91 THRNS | Para. Venom (8-10) | 25% DoT Reduce | 3 Antidote | 24(3) Poison (9-10)
[Marked for Death-6]Macradon HP 1409/1885 [-468] | EN 166/187 | 23 DMG | 127 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA |  94 BH | 50 Immolation THRNS | 36 Frost THRNS (21 on crit) | 6 Freeze 0/2 | Antidote 1 | Justified Riposte | +12 Holy | Phase | Disguise | +1 Hate | -1 Energy Cost 0/2 | -3 Energy Cost | 6 Recovery (+94)(+15)(-10)(+7)
[Marked for Death -4]Zandra HP 2,020/2,020 [-425] | EN 140/187 | 22 DMG | 144 MIT | 7 ACC | 2 EVA | 101 BH | 70 THRNS | Toxic venom (9-10) 24(3) | 25% 1st DoT Reduce | 2 Antidote | 12 Fallen | 36(2) BRN(8-10) | Probiotics -27 | Antioxidants | Well rested 2/3

Shadowling13   49 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma2,Z0]
Shadowling14     0 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA
Shadowling15   49 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma2,Z0]
Shadowling16 250 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B0,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma1,Z0]
Shadowling17 133 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B1,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]
Shadowling18 133 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B1,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]
Shadowling19 125 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B2,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0] [TOXIC VENOM 23 DMG | 0 applied of 3 turns]
Shadowling20 133 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA Hate [B1,H0,A0,Mo0,Ma0,Z0]

Edited by Baldur

She glances towards the side and sees Macradon get pelted by a hard hit from the boss knocking away a bit of his health as she can only just nod her head to accept the loss of that as she turns and continues to try and light this stupid thing to try and progress through this fight as steadily as one can with how slow moving it is. Though it seems her attempt still leaves it wanting as it refuses to light with as little luck as she could get with it before a frustrated sigh escapes her lips as the tank girl can only just once more turn back to the boss and prepare for another attack that might or might not come to get her. A slight chuckle escapes her lips when she hears Macradon call them penguins which with how hey are just huddled around one objective point isn't the weirdest analogy that could be made to them.

#143849 LD;3 63/66

[Marked for Death-4] Baldur HP 1540/1540  | EN 97/130 | MIT 94 | EVA 5 | ACC 6WF/5MM5 | DMG 24WF/27MM | BH 62 | ANTIDOTE 0/2 | Conc 3/3 | Parry 0/2 | QChange 0/3 | TOX (9-10) 23 | -13 EN, +1 EN regened
[Marked for Death-4] Hestia HP: 1820/1970 EN: 101/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3

Edited by Hestia

Hell was continuing to spread ensuing Chaos to wherever it reached. The amount of monsters that surrounded them was increasing to a devastating number. There was no way they could control all of them. Maybe... just maybe if he could get this light to work it would weaken them all. He brought his katana back up, above his head, holding it with one hand. It was a hold that would probably get him scolded by Baldur. "LIGHT DAMNIT!" He struck the light tower as hard as he could, and to his surprise it exploded with the light. Blinded, he fell back. The light spread through the area, making it far easier to see around the area. Hopefully, the light would weaken the shadows and the boss. He dropped back shouting to his teammates witha  Captain Obvious Attitude. "I got it on! Moving to the next one!"

144084 LD:9

72/70 Light Activated!

Zandra felt the dragon inside her still being awake. And with it, it have awaken the berserker as well. But opposite to other moments, she still had control over her actions. As well as herd what her partymem… no… her friends, said to her. She maybe didn’t liked their plan, she maybe wanted them to act different. But this was not the time to take the lead. No, today she would follow. At least the instructions she got was simple. Macradon told her help him get rid of the new shadowlings. So basically, kill!

Zandra charged up her explode catapult for the thousand time or something like that. She let out a low growl before she went to the last group of mobs. Her axe started to burn as she swung it thru the air. The first enemy dodged, but the second one got hit by her full fallen power, black smoke flowing it and shattering it at the same time as it bursted out into flames. The other two started to burn as well, for a few seconds before they shattered as well. ‘’So, who is next!’’ she said as she spun her axe and held it in a backward grip.

Spoiler

Shadowling 21: Miss!
Shadowling 22: Hit! Fallen triggered! Burn triggered! Consentration activated! Charge activated! 22+12+5=39x14=546-75=471 DMG and 36 BRN
Shadowling 23: Mini-crit! Burn triggered! Consentration activated! Charge activated! 22+5+1=28x14=392-75=317 DMG and 36 BRN
Shadowling 24: Mini-crit! Burn triggered! Consentration activated! Charge activated! 22+5+1=28x14=392-75=317 DMG and 36 BRN

Energy: -14-6+1+3=-16

[Marked for Death-4] Baldur HP 1540/1540  | EN 97/130 | MIT 94 | EVA 5 | ACC 6WF/5MM5 | DMG 24WF/27MM | BH 62 | ANTIDOTE 0/2 | Conc 3/3 | Parry 0/2 | QChange 0/3 | TOX (9-10) 23 
[Marked for Death-4] Hestia HP: 1820/1970 EN: 101/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3
[Marked for Death -4]Zandra HP 2,020/2,020 [-425] | EN 124/187 | 22 DMG | 144 MIT | 7 ACC | 2 EVA | 101 BH | 70 THRNS | Toxic venom (9-10) 24(3) | 25% 1st DoT Reduce | 2 Antidote | 12 Fallen | 36(2) BRN(8-10) | Probiotics -27 | Antioxidants | Well rested 2/3

Edited by Zandra

Through gritted teeth, the blonde followed Morg towards the next pilar to light it. Frustrated by her lack of action after she wiped that smirk of its face. Fortunately, the rest were more perceptive and started laboring around her. Some thinning the hoard of shadowlings and one other continuing to light lamps. Miraculously her health bar was in tip top condition so she would take advantage of that and join Morgestern and Hestia. Eying the rest of the health bars, Ariel frowned how four of them had stacked purple debuff. Not really sure how it would affect them she let out a small: "Take care with that marked status." trying to anchor the rest before they get lost in a battle frenzy or tunnel vision on one objective like she's often do.

She ignored the dragon who earlier made an attempted at her life, now seemingly merged with the shadows but not before smirking to herself. On behalf of his last words which she caught wind off. "Truly a charade, with it as the centerpiece." she muttered under her breath.
Reaching the next pilar, she started to get a feel for it, turning to Morg and asking out loud: "How did you lit the other one?"

ID# 144194  Light #2 +14 LD

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

The Shadow froze. He had lifted his arms in triumph, a pseudo-god commanding his troops as the Shadowlings marched toward their prey. A crooked grin had spread across his dark features, as eerie as the shapes that formed him. Both fell at the white-haired player's words. He really was a menace, wasn't he?

"You think I'm not dangerous?" he growled, some of the good humor gone now. "You're dead wrong." Though he moved to say more, a sudden burst of light threw him off his stride. One of the pillars was finally lit. Everything shifted slightly, as the room was now lit by a new source. It was one of only three changes the pillar's ignition brought about. The other two? The players were one step closer to victory.

And the Shadow was growing more furious.

Heat, not unlike that which rolled from the pillar, danced in his obsidian eyes. The time had come to change his tactics, to change his strategy, to change his target. This time when he disappeared, he reappeared beside Baldur. This man, too, had attempted to motivate his comrades. It would be a pleasure to extinguish his light.

With a roar, the Shadow slammed his fist into Baldur's chest with a new-found fury.

The deadline for this round is 72 hours [May 5th at 10:00 PM GMT-5], or when all players have posted once.

@Baldur @Ariel - The Crowned Lion @Morgenstern @Hestia @Macradon @Zandra

Spoiler

Pillar of Light activated - Shadow's Base Damage increases by 25.

Stealth Detection - ID: 144940 LD3

Target Acquisition - ID: 144941 CD9 - Targeting Baldur 
CD1-3 Zandra
CD4-6 Hestia
CD7-9 Baldur
CD10-12 Macradon [Not Targetable]

Shadow Attacks Baldur - ID: 144942 BD7-5+4 Hit!
575 DMG + 60 [Marks] = 635 DMG
635 - 94 = 541 DMG

[Marked for Death-4] Baldur HP 999/1540 [-541] | EN 97/130 | MIT 94 | EVA 5 | ACC 6WF/5MM5 | DMG 24WF/27MM | BH 62 | ANTIDOTE 0/2 | Conc 3/3 | Parry 0/2 | QChange 0/3 | TOX (9-10) 23 
[Marked for Death-4] Hestia HP: 1820/1970 EN: 101/176 DMG:17   MIT:214  THRN: 99 ACC:1 Eva: -1  BH: 98 Rec:+3 Stonewall: 25% DoT redux 2-1=1 Snowfrost: 1/2 fire dmg   Antidote: 3
Ariel HP: 1630/1630  | EN 84/140 | 24 DMG | 103 MIT | AA +4(6) BD | +1 EVA | 16 BH | 24 HB | 50 THRNS | +4 Fallen (8-10) & 24 DoT3 (8-10)  | 2 Antidote | Conc 0/3 | Parry 0/2
Morgenstern HP 1680/1680 | EN 81/138 | 22 DMG | 171 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA | 84 BH | 91 THRNS | Para. Venom (8-10) | 25% DoT Reduce | 3 Antidote | 24(3) Poison (9-10)
[Marked for Death-6] Macradon HP 1409/1885 | EN 166/187 | 23 DMG | 127 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA |  94 BH | 50 Immolation THRNS | 36 Frost THRNS (21 on crit) | 6 Freeze 0/2 | Antidote 1 | Justified Riposte | +12 Holy | Phase | Disguise | +1 Hate | -1 Energy Cost 0/2 | -3 Energy Cost | 6 Recovery 
[Marked for Death -4] Zandra HP 2,020/2,020  | EN 124/187 | 22 DMG | 144 MIT | 7 ACC | 2 EVA | 101 BH | 70 THRNS | Toxic venom (9-10) 24(3) | 25% 1st DoT Reduce | 2 Antidote | 12 Fallen | 36(2) BRN(8-10) | Probiotics -27 | Antioxidants | Well rested 2/3

LIGHT#1 - [ACTIVE]
LIGHT#2 - 14/66+
LIGHT#3 - 0/66+
LIGHT#4 - 0/66+

Shadowling3 0 HP | 0 DMG | 75 MIT | 1 EVA