[OP - F22] Star-Crossed Gala

“Well, I usually eat them with strawberries. . . but yeah,” she said, just barely above a whisper before shaking her head.

”Why don’t we just have marshmallows instead?” She asked, forcing a smile on her face. 

“You should go socialize. . !” She exclaimed, grabbing a small plate before plopping a few marshmallows on it before she turned to him. “There’s plenty of people here. I’m sure most of them are single,” she sang, nudging him with her shoulder before laughing to herself. 

“I’m joking, but seriously don’t let me be the person who has to make you socialize,” she deadpanned. “Get out of your shell,” She drawled stabbing her marshmallow with a fork. “Trust me, I’ve been there and t’was not a pretty time,” Cordelia chuckled, dipping the marshmallow under the liquid chocolate. She let out a childlike giggle before plopping the now chocolate covered marshmallow on her plate. 

“I don’t want you looking at my ugly face when I start pigging out on all of this, too.”

@Shinji

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astralin sure got herself into something...but hey, at least she wasn't ignored this time! The small girl among the players Astralin hoped to speak with seemed to be at unease, and the older woman claimed that this wasn't the best time to approach, though it wasn't her place to say, before introducing herself as Mari. The last girl decided to leave the conversation, giving a polite bow before saying her goodbyes to the players, addressing the smaller girl as Quinn. She might have been at unease as well, but Astralin couldn't possibly know why she would. "Sorry I came over at such a bad time... Well, nice to meet you, Mari, my name is Astralin." She said as she introduced herself, flawlessly as her username this time, unlike almost all the others, where she'd almost blurted out her real name. What could she say? She liked her name, despite it being the same name for a constellation and an astrology sign. She decided not to walk closer just yet, hoping she wasn't the reason of the smaller girl's apparent unease.

@Mari @Quinn

Even though she should have expected it, Jevi was not ready for Minako to leap upwards and wrap her arms around her. Shifting her foot and planting the tall heel of her shoe behind her, the taller brunette was able to just barely keep her balance and not make a scene by falling on her ass in the middle of the dance floor. "Hey, hey" the woman said, returning the embrace, though not nearly as tight and energetic as Minako's, "Has it really been that long?" she asked, not realizing the last time she had seen her friend was Halloween, and even then it was brief. Jevi smiled with a small laugh, shaking her head playfully at Minako's sob story about there being no available men for her. "You know, there is more to a party than just finding a man to bring home." she said out loud, though internally, she was a bit bummed to hear that.. since the hopes of finding a nice suitor to pick her up out of the dumps was one of the driving points that brought her here. The woman placed a hand on Minako's shoulder, "The nights still young, I'm sure more will show up soon." 

Jevi's eyes trailed to the side, trying of another reason for her absence other than 'got depressed, stayed home.' She finally let out a small sigh, "I really haven't done anything. Life's been pretty boring lately. Hence why I came here, hoping to see some old friends and.. possibly make new ones." The two players, almost in unison, turned to watch as another round of players walked into the event, one female and one male, though it appeared they were separate. As Jevi turned back towards Minako, she was already making her move to introduce herself. "I-ah-okay." Jevi said, left standing there awkwardly on her own. The woman reached her hand up towards the side of her head, pushing some of the brown locks that fell behind her ear. Unconsciously, she took another look around at the party to see if there were any players she recognized. She saw Jomei off to the side, speaking with another red headed girl.. and that was pretty much it. "Maybe this was a mistake.." she said to herself as she looked around again, not sure if she was looking for someone to talk to, the fastest way out, or something to drink. 

However, just as quickly as Minako had disappeared, she was back, dragging along an unsuspecting victim. The pink haired girl who had just walked into the party, already kidnapped by Minako who was dragging her over to the 'single girls table.' Jevi blinked a few times before shaking her head, "You can't just kidnap people Minako." she said with a small scoff, "Sorry, I'm Jevi." 

Jevi's Dress:

Spoiler

Korra The dress Sokka Katara Asami Sato woman

Dazia was nervous as she allowed Benjamin to take her hand. It felt warm to the touch, and she kind of blushed a bit more as this happened. Benjamin was smiling, and Dazia wondered if he was seeing through her attempts to hide what was within... "Why the hell am I failing at this?" She thought. "I'm not sure if he should know...after all, I'm the kind of person who would do anything for survival...I have had to kill in the past, within this game...and yet...why do I feel like I have to be...vulnerable?" The thoughts would continue to make Dazia question herself, as well as her current course of action. "That's true, I'm not really one for crowds when it comes to socializing..." There was no hiding of the intensification of Dazia's blushing as Benjamin claimed he wanted to spend the night with just her. "That has to be me hearing things. It just has to be." She thought. Of course, out loud, she said, "Th-that would be nice..." She tried to make a light smile, but her nervous expression was too strong to overpower with this facade.

Benjamin would lead Dazia over to a more isolated area of the tent, and then speak of the potential view. Seeing that it was an NPC that organized the event, it would be no surprise to Dazia if the moon was out, too, as the Cardinal would probably set the night up for the season. Benjamin noted that it would be nice to talk without having to worry about monster interruptions, to which Dazia would chuckle. He then said that he wanted to know more about her... "...Sure, what...what would you like to know first?" She asked nervously. She was willing enough to speak of herself, and potentially want to know more about Benjamin in return...but how long would she have before an unintended confession slips out?

@Benjamin Bookworm

[Emotional Wall Strength: 57%]

(OOC: If Dazia's Emotional wall strength reaches 0, she will confess.)

It hadn't even been a full minute before someone rushed to her and started introducing themself. Before she even had the chance to introduce herself, Yuki was dragged over to meet another lovely lady. Jevi and Minako. Instinctively, Yuki pondered how powerful the two of them were compared to her. Probably several dozen levels higher, right? Jevi had mentioned that Minako was capturing her, but honestly, that's what she had hoped for when she entered this party. She wanted to meet new people!

"Good evening, ladies. My name is Yuki, I understand most people use their usernames to identify themselves, but that, in my opinion, seems unfriendly. She goes for a formal curtsey, which she nearly almost pulled off perfect, but her inexperience with heels almost resulted in her backside to the floor. She wobbled momentarily before regaining her balance, gave the two and awkward smile and scratched the back of her head.

"I have never left floor 1 until now. I'm glad to be moving forward. And, uh, yes... I am indeed only level one if you were about to ask me." Yuki explained, albeit a bit embarrassed to admit it. She figured they'd find out sooner or later, so best to get it out of the way.

@Jevi @Minako

Vigilon was hoping that the chaos would be over, and that sanity would return to the event. Maybe one day he could restore the once good reputation of his familiar, too. "Well, maybe it'll all be over now, just the two of us...that is, assuming Yolviinsil is capable of keeping an eye on Veriost. She wouldn't mind, would she?" He said jokingly to Krysta. Of course...there would be an obvious issue that he wasn't aware of, and he had yet to realize it. Veriost began making a soft growl, and it wasn't long before Vigilon noticed.

"Hrrrrrrrrnn..... Hrrrnn, hrrrrnn, hrrrrnn, hrrrrrrrrr........."

Vigilon looked down in his arms to see that Veriost was eying some of the sweets and fruits near the white chocolate fountain that were still intact. "Didn't you pillage the strawberries already?" He asked the small white frost dragon. The soft growling did not stop. Vigilon sighed. "Fine, but you're only getting some, and I'll get it for you. Alright?" He began walking over towards the sweets...but he failed to pay attention to the fact that there was strawberry juice on the floor. He started to slip, and his other foot would slip as well when he tried to get his footing...resulting in him somersaulting and landing on his back.

"WAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGHHHH!!!!"

While his suit somehow remained untouched by the strawberry juice, that landing didn't do so well for Vigilon's head. Sure, there was no pain, but he sure as heck felt dazed, and felt the tingling that would have been a headache if it weren't for the pain dampener...in fact, he'd be hurting in several other areas, too, if that was the case. "How embarrassing..." He thought.

@Krysta

@Cordelia @Shinji

@Astralin @Quinn @Mari

@anyone who wants their character to witness this.

While the frost dragon was now loose, she simply took a few chocolates mid-flight and left. The familiar decided to cling onto the tent's supports. Perhaps she was hoping no one would bother her this time?

What to ask... Ben thought as he looked over at Dazia.  He had wanted to avoid the crowds and everything, but just the two of them here started feeling like a real date.  Or at least he thought it did, having never actually been on one before.  Was this really happening to him with someone this cute? 

Just start with something you know a lot about, and can talk to her about.  Shouldn't be tough.  he thought with a look of contemplation.  "Well... I'd like to know more about things from back home.  You know, before all the craziness happened to bring us all here." he said with a bit of a wistful voice, his memories of home coming back to him.  "Like, how about what kinds of things you like to do, your hobbies, and things that make you smile?  I mean, besides gaming of course, since we both got here that way..."

Real smooth Ben... he thought, hoping he didn't seem as awkward as he felt.  He wasn't much for small talk, but did genuinely want to hear more about Dazia.  Hopefully the bright points in her life too- he'd only heard the tough ones so far.

@Dazia

"S...sure," Shinji says as he watches Cordelia munching on strawberries while giggling, then he looks around as he tries to build up the courage to speak with anybody, though that ain't easy since he doesn't know where to begin and what to talk about in the first place. As he thinks about whether he should remain here or just go home, he feels his hunger taking over his thoughts again, and without a second thought he is already grabbing a plate and getting more lamb. 

A thud is heard behind him, a loud one rather. Shinji turns around to see the Dinkster guy just tripped on a mess of strawberry juice on the floor, landing on his head. Shinji slightly cringes as he thinks of the result of such a fall in real life. Possible brain trauma, and loads of pain. Aincrad doesn't have that, as pain is non-existent thanks to SAO's pain cushion system. 

As Shinji sits at a table and begins his third round of his meal, he catches a glimpse of the guy's familiar flying up to the tent's roof or so, taking a few strawberries with itself.

A lack of an answer told the butler that perhaps her services were no longer necessary. That was fair. It was best to keep herself moving -- and busy, just to stay in character. Shooting another nod to her patron, she left, observing the floor for any stray players that might've felt on the fringe of activity for the night.

Then, there was a crash that stole her attention; someone had fallen. Was that strawberry juice on the floor? One of the waiters would clean it up in time. Not her, though -- not unless the NPC's were unaware of the spillage on the open floor.

Luckily for her, the direction in which her head had turned lead her gaze rest upon a set of women, having a chat. NIGHT would've brushed it off and continued searching for another party to intrude on... if one of which hadn't looked like she was being pulled along by force. Curious, she wondered, as she watched them, noticing a shake of a head from another woman at the meeting. Suspicious indeed. It seemed like a good exchange to eavesdrop on, she reasoned, deciding to approach the pack.

Striding in ever so confidently, her serving tray held up high by her side, the waiter gave the troupe a shallow bow as soon as she was within range. NIGHT placed an empty, gloved hand to her chest in good faith. "You three seem to be having a good time," she stated, with a gentle smile, before offering her platter of goodies from the buffet table. A set of desserts, snacks, finger foods and drinks decorated the silver dish. "Any refreshments for the group?

@Minako@Zajcica@Jevi

Yuki's embarrassing introduction was cut short by the loud thud in the middle of the floor. Some unlucky patron met the ground with their rear and it wasn't her for once? Thank god! Her face would have turned as red as the juice on the floor if that had happened to her. She chuckled a little bit in amusement, but not mockingly.

Shortly after that embarrassing incident, a waiter came by the gaggle of girls offering food and drink. They really knew how to impress the noobs in this game. All she needs is food, and you've won an instant friendship card with the knight.

"Yush! Ittadakimasu!" Yuki picked up a plate and took a hearty bite out of the snack that was offered. "May I have some juice then, please?" She asked the girl, a piece of her meal stuck to her cheek. It was obvious that she wasn’t  really the most formal of girls, at least at the Gala.

@NIGHT @Jevi @Minako

Edited by Zajcica
Too smol word count. Had to fix.

Minako crossed her arms. "I didn't kidnap her. She looked lonely." She said, defending herself. "If anything I liberated her from boredom." Minako said, teasing her much taller friend. YUki then introduced herself to the pair. "Yuki is such a cute name!" Minako said exclaimed. "I love the snow!" Minako said as in her mind she thought of the future winter events. "The fourth floor is completely covered in it, and it's a lot of fun. If you ignore the yeti thing that's there." Minako said, placing a finger on her chin in thought.

But much like her evening and mission to eat as many fake digital chocolates she could, Vigilon had gone and ruined her concentration as well. With a loud cry, and an impressive display of maneuverability, or just dumb luck, managed to avoid falling into the large puddle that he had slipped in. Minako covered her mouth and looked away and let out a loud chuckling noise, as she leaned in to whisper to Jevi. "He had his dragon familiar attack me, and my new friends over there." Minako said pointing towards Mari, Quinn, and the other blonde woman. "It was very graphic and traumatic. It made poor Quinn have a panic attack." Minako said, flashing Jevi a pair of sad eyes.

But soon after the display of extreme ineptitude of being able to stand upright by Vigilon in the middle of the event room, a waiter appeared and offered a tray of treats. From the green crystal hovering above the player, Minako could clearly see that it wasn't an NPC butler at the least. Minako took a small piece of fruit from the plate. "This will do for me. And a question perchance." Minako said, looking at the slightly smaller player. "What's a player doing butlering at an event, that already has butlers?" She inquired, noting the butler from earlier that had served herself and Mari.

@Jevi @Zajcica @NIGHT

Having heard nothing of real interest from the newcomer Mari inwardly grimaced. She didn't want to be babysitting a bunch of younger people tonight. With one final glance down at Quinn Mari offered the blonde a small smile. "Try talkin' to others - like..." Mari paused, crap, the other girl just introduced herself and Mari had already forgotten it, she wasn't the best with names - and quite frankly she had been more than inundated with new people lately. "Like Astralus here."  That was her name right? If not it was close enough. She had enough of new faces tonight, way more than necessary. All she wanted was to eat some food and chat to Macradon and Baldur; but as expected, Mac had gone off with his fiance. Mari didn't blame him for that. She did however blame him for the puddle of strawberry punch that had been streaked across the floor.

Speaking of which...

Mari watched as the kid with the stupid dragon slipped on the floor. she scoffed. "Serves you right for not chaining that damn thing up..." She muttered under her breath before shifting her attention back to Quinn.

"You're feeling better now, right?" Mari offered her a small smile. "I'm feelin' a little overwhelmed myself, so chat to the girl here, and maybe you'll make a new friend. But for now I should probably go." Mari gave Quinn one last squeeze on her shoulder then turned to Astralus, Astralia? Astra? She turned to the other blonde girl and offered her a wry smile. "You have fun too." She said with a wave.  Mari picked up a small plate and grabbed a handful of strawberries, yes more strawberries and plopped them onto it before shifting away from the table, heading toward the outier of the tent. Slowly walking around the large room, every so often plopping a strawberry into her mouth.

@Quinn  @Astralin

It was quite nice to hear the words Mari spoke to Quinn. It was clear that Quinn slowly started to calm down as well now but still a bit overwhelmed by the people being here.  Quinn was still not used to hearing Mari cursed and was a bit shocked that every time Mari cursed there was a small jump from Quinn. But at least it seemed Mari was just protecting and that was clear to Quinn for sure. The girl seemed to call herself Astralin, quite an interesting name for sure. But while this was going on It seemed that Minako left to do something else and Quinn spoke "Ooh... B-Bye Minako," She said soft and quite a bit sad that she left.
@Minako

Quinn took a few sips from her drink and another girl walked up, Quinn looked a bit sheepish but felt okay with Mari being here. It was like having someone around make Quinn a bit more confident for sure. "H-Hi," Quinn said soft and gave a small wave at the new person that walked up to their table. She seemed to be acting carefully as Mari clearly gave the advice to be careful. It was nice to see someone care about Quinn in a long time and This made Quinn quite happy on the inside. Astralin spoke and was quite nice looking. But it seemed after a bit Even Mari was going to leave at this moment, She asked for one thing at Quinn well two, "Ah... Um... I-I am fine now, Thank you!" Quinn said sheepishly But before anything else, the guy who's dragon was having a hissy fit with Mari before fell, his feet sweep away under his feet. Quinn jumped a bit at this and a bit of fear came back as he fell. But soon Quinn closed her eyes and listened to the music for a bit and calmed down again.
@Mari

As then Mari seemed to leave the two girls alone at the table. for a moment Quinn was quiet as it seems that she was not really in the mood to talk much more with new people. It was all a bit scary and knowing how it just happened Quinn was not in the mood for another panic attack. "Q-Quinn, Hi," Quinn said to the girl a bit scared and clearly she was not used to meeting new people at all showing her mind and thoughts right out as she didn't say much more.
@Astralin

Jevi found it interesting that the woman, who introduced herself as her apparent real world name Yuki, that she would rather use that name than the username she chose at the start of the game. To most players, their real world name was something they kept secret, as was in most video games, to avoid online creepers and stalkers. Here, however, she seemed very open about it.. so who was she to judge. "To each their own." the brunette said with a nod, "I, personally, like to use my username. I'd rather not allow my real name to spread around." That, and 'Alexandria', she felt, took away from the image she was trying to sell of herself. She noticed that, as the pink haired player took a small bow along with her introduction, that she wobbled a bit on her heels. Jevi's brows turned upward slightly with a smirk, she was happy to see that she was not the only one struggling a bit with these shoes. 

It turned out that Yuki was merely a level one player, who had never left the Town of Beginnings until this point. Jevi offered the girl a respectful nod, "Hey, good for you for taking the plunge to jump 20 floors to come to this event." Just as she spoke, there was quite the loud wail from a player, followed by a thud. Looking briefly over her shoulder, she saw a younger looking player who had just fallen on the ground. The woman simply sighed in disappointment, "Did he really have to scream that loudly as he fell? A bit unnecessary if you ask me." She said to her group of ladies as she turned back to face them. Minako had a bit more to add about the player as well. Apparently his dragon familiar had attacked her and a few other players, and had given another girl a panic attack. Jevi's face went from annoyance to that of disgust and anger. Without saying anything else, Jedi turned her back to the ground and pushed her sleeves up on her dress.

Her heels clacked against the dance floor as she moved to where the orange haired player sat in the center of everyone. Reaching a hand down towards him at first, as if to help him up, she instead passed by his arms and grabbed him by the lapels of his suit, hauling him up to a standing position. She stood a solid 6 inches above him, glaring down at him. "I hear your little dragon attacked my friend." Releasing his lapels, she took a few steps back, not breaking eye contact, "You need to keep an eye on your familiar, got it?" Turning her back to him, Jevi avoided the trail of punch that caused him to slip in the first place and returned to the, now trio, of women who stood together. "Let me know if that dragon causes you any other problems." Jevi said, reaching to grab a drink off of the silver platter held by the butler. As she sipped her drink, she realized that the butler was, in fact, a player, rather than an NPC. She would have asked, but Minako already beat her to it. 

@Minako @Zajcica @NIGHT @Vigilon

"Certainly." NIGHT picked up a glass of mango from her tray, handing the drink over to the excited, pink-haired woman. At least she seemed to be cheering up; there was a distinct lack of anxiety now that the heat seemed to be taken off of her. That was good.

The waiter was careful not to bump hands with the brunette, as their wrists crossed when the latter reached for a bite of sliced fruit. Then, as the drink was being received, a question was finally posed to her, and the server's eyes widened in casual curiosity. It seemed as though someone had finally begun to notice.

NIGHT shut an eye with a grin. "To blend in, of course," she mentioned with a gesture. And because butlering is really fun. "If no one looks close, they'd barely notice. Plus, it's all in good faith, really. No harm in enjoying the night myself, in my own way." As the lady that had left earlier returned, grabbing another beverage glass off her platter, she swapped holding the tray to her other hand, making sure to keep it steady.

A small realization hit her, as she looked over the three woman crowded together. They didn't look... close.

Is close was the right word to use?

"I don't... suppose any of you came together with a partner, either?" She raised a brow, trying her best not to smirk out of mischief. Her intentions were wholly pure in asking, but it would be gratifying to know if she wasn't alone on that front.

@Minako@Zajcica@Jevi

Not too long after her introduction, Mari would recommend to the smaller girl that she talk to Astralin, despite getting the name wrong. "Not the best with names, are you? It's ok, I know someone like that. It's Astralin." Astralin said with a smile.

Astralin would find herself noticing Vigilon slip and fall. While a giggle escaped her lips, she felt sorry that he had to go through that. "That was quite a stumble. You're not exactly hurt, are you?" She asked. She would look and see that Mari was muttering something in an aggravated tone...why was she, though? Mari would then say her goodbyes to Astralin and the smaller girl, and take a few strawberries from the food table before leaving. A woman with a beautiful starry dress would come into Astralin's line of sight, but the woman didn't seem to be in a good mood. She pulled Vigilon up, and glared at him as she threatened him in regards to his familiar. That was new. Veriost was cute, though! A little sassy, maybe, but cute! "Ummm....would someone tell me what is going on here? Did something happen?" She asked, confused as to why her potential friend was getting all of this negative attention.

She then looked to the smaller girl, who introduced herself as Quinn. Quinn still seemed to be a bit scared and at unease, so Astralin would not move closer to her as she spoke calmly, with a reassuring smile. "Nice to meet you, Quinn, my name is Astralin."

@Quinn

Jomei finished some of the food on his plate and looked at his glass of wine. He had nearly finished most of it, and the dry taste lingered in his mouth. He took a quick look around for a nearby waiter carrying their own tray of various drinks, hoping to grab something a bit more refreshing. His lips pressed into a straight line as his shoulders slouched, guess he would have to get up to get his own drink, he joked to himself internally. "Excuse me a moment." Jomei said to Shion, raising out of the seat and pushing his chair under the table. Turning his attention back to the table of refreshments, Jomei spotted a bowl of liquid with the handle of a ladle sticking out of it. Its brighter pink hue led him to believe it was strawberry, or at least some sort of fruit punch. There were already a few other players gathered near it, so he figured it must at least taste good. 

The Irishman passed by a few players and exhaled a tiny sigh of relief as he stopped before the table. From the tall stack of small, decorative glasses set up next to the bowl of juice, Jomei took the top cup and turned it upwards in his hand with a small flip. Returning his attention to the punch bowl, he grabbed the ladle and began to scoop a few ounces of the punch into his cup, filling it about three quarters of the way. Furrowing his brows a bit, Jomei fished through the bowl with the utensil, trying to see if there were any bits of fruit mixed into the concoction. When he saw that nothing remained by tiny bits of an unidentifiable fruit, he shrugged and returned the ladle to the side of the bowl. With drink in hand, Jomei turned to make his way back to the table where he came from.

A gloved hand went over Krysta's mouth as she saw Vigilon slip and fall. Before she had a chance to react, others were already making their responses. Some laughed and chuckled, although it didn't seem like they were mocking him, others...didn't seem to be in a good mood. Especially not the woman who came over to him, pulled him up and...threatened him.

And just like that, her blue eyes were lit by the fires of anger. "How dare she..." Vigilon did nothing wrong, he never accounted for this, he was merely a victim of the unexpected... Krysta would not simply stand by and let this act go unpunished. "Yolviinsil, could you watch your friend Veriost for a moment? There is a plight that demands my attention." She asked her familiar. The small ruby red feathered dragon saw the look in Krysta's eyes, and flew over to the tent's supports to be near Veriost. Being the more cautious sort, it was fairly easy for Krysta to teach her how to be considerate and more...refined.

Krysta would begin storming over to the woman who dared to threaten her boyfriend. She indeed would storm right up to her, and make a swift move in attempt to slap her in the face. "Don't you dare threaten my boyfriend like that." Krysta snapped. "He could never have accounted for what had transpired, given the small dragon's previous track records." She stated as she glared at the woman, her eyes ablaze. "I highly suggest you don't make this any more personal than it already is." She warned. She would then quickly turn around with a huff, and walk back over to Vigilon.

@Jevi

As Jevi sipped from her drink, she heard the quick approaching behind her. Turning her attention from the conversation with the other women, she saw a blonde girl about the same height as the boy she just picked up. She looked pretty angry as once innocent, blue eyes pierced Jevi like daggers. Jevi turned the rest of her body towards the woman and lowered her drink from her mouth. Before she could question the blonde's furious approach, a gloved hand swiftly met with Jevi's cheek. The slap rang pretty loudly throughout the tent, and the strike left a small, palm sized red mark on Jevi's caramel colored skin. There was no pain, only a small tingling sensation, and, of course, due to her natural mitigation, the tank took no damage at all.. indicated by the fact that the attacker's crystal did not change color. She honestly wished, in that moment, she was wearing her armor, so this blonde could get bitten in the ass by some thorns damage.  

So the boy with the dragon who fell was her boyfriend; made sense. And she was coming to his rescue; admirable. She made physical contact with Jevi; unacceptable. Jevi's head turned slowly back to the other woman, looking half a foot down at her. Her yellow eyes flared as the palm print on her face slowly faded and her natural skin color returned. "I don't remember threatening your boyfriend." she said, her voice like the calm before a storm, "I told him to keep an eye on his little dragon friend so it doesn't attack players trying to enjoy themselves at a party."  Jevi's temper was rising, but she needed to keep her cool, no need to cause any more of a scene. She crossed her arms at her chest and took a deep breath in through her nostrils, "The quest is called 'Training your Friend'.. obviously if its attacking players at a social event for no reason, it must not have been trained properly." Jevi then lowered her shoulders so her face was level with the blonde, the yellow of her irises accentuating as her eyes went a bit wider. The corner of her lips curled into a small, wry smile, "I have nothing against you or your friend.. but if you don't want to make it personal.. I suggest keeping your hands to yourself. I'm not a woman that you want as an enemy." Jevi returned to her upright position and winked at the girl, "Enjoy the party." She turned back to the small group of women, taking another sip of her drink that had been wasted due to the strike across her face. She shone Minako, her fiery young friend, a quick look that basically said 'don't push it any farther.'

@Krysta @Minako

Cordelia gave Shinji a thumbs up before turning her attention back to her now chocolates coated marshmallows. 

Ah, sweet heaven.

She was just halfway through eating the dessert when she saw a familiar mop of ginger hair pass by her. Did she know anyone with hair that orange. . ? Her memory was failing her more than usual today, it appeared.

Still chewing, sudden realization hit her. Oh, right! Jomei—

She was just about offer him a wave when her eyes locked on to the cup lodged in his hand.

Punch?

Strawberries?

A violent cough hacked though her body as she felt the half eaten marshmallow lodge its way into her throat. The girl let out a wheeze as she dropped her plate, a hand reaching up to her constricted throat before she used her other to start pounding the table.

What the [no-no word].

She just wanted a good night. She just wanted marshmallows and now it was going to be her downfall. 

She swore her face turned purple for a second before she immediately spit out the chewed up marshmallow. How something so pure and soft can be so deadly was beyond her. How she was even alive was also beyond her.

Her form let out a ragged exhale before she looked up. 

Oh right.

She had someone to save.

The girl marched over to the redhead, and in the most dramatic way possible, she swung her hand at his cup, watching as it flew out of his hand and onto the now-not-so-polished floor.

Don’t drink that.”

@Jomei