Floor 8
«Ferocious Foe»
Recommended Level: 25
Non-Repeatable  | Party Limit: 2
Credit Goes to: @Hikoru

Rewards:

• 2,000 Col.
  • SP.
  • Kumatetsu Statue: A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Ferocious Kumatetsu. If used within a thread, it gives +1 Base Damage for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the deep forest, the moss-covered logs and the smell of the morning rain. The distant sound of the three rivers can be heard, giving a soothing and seemingly peaceful area where one can rest. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

Requirements:

• Find «Kumatetsu» with an LD roll of 15+.
  • Defeat «Kumatetsu».

Summary:

Deep within the woods of Floor 8 lies a large creature in the form of a bear, who has secluded himself while he trains train and becomes stronger. Lately, the bear has become angered, attacking traveling players on roads and killing NPC's livestock. It is up to players to find the beast's den deep in the woods and defeat the large foe. While it seems easy, the bear is smart enough to stand on hind legs and fight like a man would, but unable to speak any words or communicate.

Outline:

Image result for Giant bear man fantasy

[Note: «Kumatetsu» receives his own separate roll from the player]

Statistics:
HP: 300
DMG: 75
MIT: 50
ACC: 1
EVA: 2

Abilities:

Dodge and Parry: On a player's natural attack roll of 10, the attack will miss «Kumatetsu». Instead «Kumatetsu» will gain a +2 Accuracy and +15 Damage for his next attack.

Beast Form: When «Kumatetsu» is reduced to 150 (or lower) health, he will transform and turn into a bulked-up creature, increasing his damage to 100, but losing his Accuracy and half of his mitigation

Ferocious Roar: When «Kumatetsu» rolls a CD of 10+, he lets out a mighty roar instead of his attack, paralyzing the party.

Zandra woke up in her double bed. She sat up and stretched her arms high in the air as she let out a long yawn. She rubbed the sleepiness off her eyes as she left the bed and headed to the window. There she leaned on the windowsill for a while, looking at the rising sun on the horizon. She felt the fresh wind in her hair. When she had stood there for a while she left and headed for the bathroom where she went into the bathroom and turned on the shower. She felt the warm water roll down her skin and soaking her long, black hair. She closed her eyes and listened to the silence where the only sound was the one from the falling water. In the mist-filled room, she started to think of her past. How long had she been here now? She doesn’t know, there was just so many people she had met and then they had disappeared. Either thru death, or just vanished.

She stood there for an hour or so before she felt she was done. She turned of the water and with a few clicks on the menu she was dry when leaving the bathroom. A few more clicks and she had equipped her casual clothes. Today she was going to finally start to fill her latest room. Fill it with statues. But it was also an extra special situation today, because she don’t have her trusted Teseleths fury anymore. But it didn’t mattered, nothing on floor 8 could threaten her, even if she went there with only vanity gear.

‘’Zita! Time to leave!’’ as Zandra walked towards the main settlement the kingseagle darted out from her estate and started circling high up in the air. ‘’Florenthia!’’ Zandra said as she entered the portal and a few moments later exited it down on floor 8.

Spoiler

Level:  86
Energy: 172 (...)
HP: 1,765 (1,720(level)+45(Athletics)+...)
DMG: 19 (1(base)+2(2-hand)+5(wpn skill)+9(familiar)+1(Athletics)+1(Ferocity)+...)
ACC: 3 (3(trinket)+...)
EVA: 0 (...)
MIT: 99 (35(skill)+27(mit hvy armor)+36(flame aura)+...)
Thorns: 30 (30(Flame aura)+...)
Burn: 36-2 turns (36(Jacks axe)+...)
Blight: 72-2 turns (72(Jacks axe)+...)
Bleed: 36-2 turns (36(Jacks axe)+...)
BH: 88 (5% of HP)

Utility & Mobility:

Grandmaster(rank 5) Search & Detect (50)

Combat:

Grandmaster(rank 5) First aid (50)
Grandmaster(rank 5) Charge (50)
Grandmaster(rank 5) Heavy armour (50)
Grandmaster(rank 5) Battle Healing (50)

Howl (10)
Energize (15)
Quick Change (12)
Expert Extended Mods (10)

Weapon skill:
Grandmaster(rank 5) Two-handed Battle-axe (50)

Extra skills:
Concentrate (0)
Survival (3)
Unskilled(rank 0) Martial Arts (0)
Expert mastery: Figther (18)

Mods:
Purify (10)
Sharpness (10)
Field medic (15)
Barrier 3 (10)
Athletics (9)
Reveal (9)
Detect(9)
Ferocity(Axe 5) (15)
Bull rush (8)
Precision (15)
2hba Finesse 3 (10)
Energist (12)

Equipment:

-Jacks 2 handed battle axe: t3 2hba 36 burn, 36 bleed, 72 blight
-Inferno: t3 heavy armor. +2 flame aura (+30 thorns +36 mit), +27 mit
-Handwraps of accuracy: t3 trinket. +3 accuracy

Zita: Fighter familiar rank 3. +9 Dmg

Battle ready inventory:

-Amphibian war rally: Unique item, paralyze all enemies for one turn. 1 use/thread.
-Unicorn horn: Unique item, heals players: 1 player 15% or 2 players 10% each or 3 players 5% each
-Santas cloak: t3 light armor, Life mending (+20% outgoing healing), Antifreeze, Paralyze immunity
-Teleport crystal
-1x Mass heal crystal
-
-
-

House buffs:
-Well rested: -1 energy cost for first 3 expanditures of each combat
-Squeaky clean: First dot damage taken reduced by 25%
-Item stash: +1 battle ready slot
-Relaxed: ooc healing increased by 15 HP and energy refilled reduced to 2 posts
-Col stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
-Multipurpose: +1 LD, Stealth detection or prosperity to one post. Can be applied after roll result.

Consumables:

Edited by Zandra

Mari had already been on the previous floors; doing some quests there - and whilst part of her longed to go back to her warm little cottage on the 4th floor and rest her weary legs Mari continued on upwards. There was an interesting quest line she had heard about from some passing players, something about a strange totem that a bear was guarding. It sounded easy enough. Right? Normally for something like this Mari would ask Macradon to come along, but she figured he was busy. Besides.. a part of her wanted to gain a few more levels before she saw him again just so she could be like 'Hey, remember last time how I gained 3 levels in two days and you were shocked...well this time I gained 5 in two days!'  

Imagine the look on his face!

Mari laughed softly to herself, covering her grin with her hand. Yeh. That was something she wanted to see. 

She had just left the boss room floor  and was immediately met with the humidity of the jungle. Mari groaned as she loosened her scarf, this wasn't quite as uncomfortable as the sandy wastes of the lower floors - or one entirely made of volcanic mountains...but it was still unpleasant. After several minutes of walking through lush jungle foliage Mari had to take a small break. She wasn't too far from one of the settlements, she wasn't sure which it was - but she was wary of it. Best keep her distance. The last thing she needed was to accidentally wander into a guarded safe zone. 

Finding the smallest of clearings, Mari sat down in the grass. "Ahh...Finally..." She said with a long sigh of relief. Mari began to massage her legs. "I really need to find a better way to get around...this just isn't cutting it much these days."

@Zandra

General
Level: 55 | HP: 1140  |Energy: 110

STATS

DAM: 11 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
SURVIVAL

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Damage 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Zandra arrived at floor eight and took a look on the area around the warp portal. It was relatively quiet today. Or maybe it usually is this quiet, it was quite a while since she last was here. Even after thinking for a minute or two she couldn’t rember when the last time was. Thou it didn’t mattered now. She shrugged and started walking. Thinking of the past wasn’t the reason why she was here, today she was going to hunt down and kill a big bear. But it is on floor eight so it probably wont be any real challenge. To make a bit more exciting, she went into forest with only her casual clothes and a beginner axe without any enchantments. The kingseagle flew from treebranch to treebranch as they adventured deeper into the forest.

After some time, she suddenly entered a small clearing. And now, Zandra and Zita wasn’t alone anymore. There sat a girl and massaging her legs. It was probably a low level player. So this would be a great time to get back to what she did before and help her out. She walked up to her and reached out her hand with a smile. ‘’Hi there, everything okay? I am…’’ but suddenly she recognized the woman. Zandra froze on the spot, her smile disappeared and her eyes went wide open. The eagle flew down and landed on Zandras shoulder, confused of her masters sudden change in behavior. The predator kept the woman in her sight and was ready to protect her master if she would be hostile. ‘’Yo… you.’’ Zandra said with a scared voice as she took a few steps back.

Mari shifted her eyes upward when she heard another approach. They weren't exactly quiet - so Mari had no reason to believe they were trying to sneak up on her. If anything. The raven haired woman, who wore her long hair in two pigtails smiled down at Mari. She wore a red cape and skirt - with a black puffy sleeved shirt - it reminded Mari of a modern day Red riding hood - cute. She smiled down at Mari. Damn she looks swallowed by that. Despite the appearance, the other looked strong, confident. She offered Mari a friendly smile and a hand. "It's ok...I'm just a little tired after..." Mari paused.

The friendly facade twisted into that of fear. Hands trembled as they made for her weapon - a comfort in this hellhole of a game. The strength shattered right before Mari's eyes, and the ginger haired woman felt a terrible guilt at seeing that. She hated it. She hated herself for doing that to a near stranger with just the sight of her. Right Mari couldn't expect to continue to gallivant around Aincrad without someone recognizing her and giving the appropriate response. "Yeh...Me..." Mari replied quietly. She didn't want to cause anyone any trouble...nor discomfort. "I was only here for a quest - I'll leave." 

Mari stood. Slowly, and took two steps back before turning her back on the other.
"Sorry."

@Zandra

Edited by Mari
  • 2 weeks later...

As Zandra was frozen by fear and Zita was on her guard to protect her master, the source of the change in behavior did something that Zandra wasn’t expecting. The berserk healer was prepared for a sinister smile to look at her and pull her dagger out to pierce her skin. Or just laugh at her pathetic response that Zandra gave. But she didn’t. Instead she just quietly said she was here for a quest and apologized.

A tiny bit of Zandras fear faded away from the look she gave her. But she still stood there, her eyes wide open and shaking hands. Why did she just turned around like that. She was probably preparing to make a spin and get another kill. ‘’Wha… What are you doing here?’’ she asked. A moment later she remembered that she had given an answer to that question just a few seconds ago. ‘’I didn’t… Just wanted to…’’ she couldn’t finish any sentences while standing infront of one of the biggest fears in this game, even thou she had her back turned towards her.

The other woman had asked Mari what she was doing. Mari had already answered - but she figured she'd elaborate, it was the least she could do. "Ah - well.." Mari turned back around as she scratched her cheek. "There is this quest called The Ferocious Bear - apparently it drops a totem an you can get a whole bunch of them - like a collection. I thought it'd be interesting to try it."

The ebony haired woman seemed...very scared of Mari - She pursed her lips, not sure how to fix this. The other woman was trying...at least. Mari's eyes widened in a realization, something that may help alleviate the issues. She quickly pulled out her dagger from her inventory and tossed it a few feet away, so it landed between herself and the other woman. "Does that help?" Mari asked. There was a moments silence before Mari cleared her throat, rubbing her arm. "You've...probably heard - a lot about me to have that reaction, huh? It's...justified. So don't stress too much about it." Mari said with a small smile.  "You probably won't believe it, but I really don't wanna hurt anyone or cause any distress."

@Zandra

As answer to Zandra’s question Mari started talking about the same quest that was the reason why Zandra was here. When hearing the player killer lie right infront of her. This was something she could fight. Her voice got a little bit steadier as the comment had somewhat eased the paralyze. ‘’Why, why would you do that? Wouldn’t it be easier for you to just kill someone else as they returns back after doing it themselves?’’

Zandra followed the blades flight thru the air as Mari threw it out, and asked if that helped. Followed by trying to make her believe the player killer didn’t wanted to hurt someone. ‘’Vafan?’’ she started in her main language. ‘’You kill other players, and say you don’t wanna hurt anyone? Do you think I’m stupid or something? And with the dagger, that could easily be an action make me relax and then you have your main dagger still there in the inventory, waiting for an opportunity to stab me as soon as I turn my back towards you.’’ She explained to the woman, hopefully showing she wouldn’t be tricked by her lies and deceptions.

Mari was met with nothing but suspicion and vitriol from the other woman. Despite her best efforts to try and ease the tension...somehow Mari had made it worse. Was this how it was gonna be? What was the point in taking redemption if this was how others perceived her? Every word was a new wound, sentences that poured a cold into Mari's aching chest. Words that were completely justified. Despite all that, they still hurt.

"Hey...What exactly have you heard about me anyway?" Mari said quietly when the other casually mentioned how easy it'd be to kill someone else. She obviously knew who Mari was. Mari knew there were wild rumors about her - rumors that said she loved the thrill of killing, that she was a bloodthirsty murderer - and whilst yes, she had indeed killed - she never once enjoyed it. She never once sought it out for the pure sake of it, Mari gripped the sides of her clothes tightly in clenched fists to stop them shaking. "I'm so sick of everyone just believing everything they hear- not once has anyone bloody asked me, 'hey how did all that happen'  not once. Ohhh- but the other PKers, the ones who do all that sh*t for the thrill, nah let them be. Let them join the front-lines and lets ONLY attack MARI." She snapped, clearly upset. 

"You think its easy to take a f**king life?" Mari didn't mean to swear, she didn't mean to have a shaken voice that warbled on the verge of tears. But this other player had just torn into her.  "Would you take a life in order to save several others? Could you?" Mari shook her head. "What the hell kind of thought is that? Why on earth would I kill someone for some stupid item when I can get it myself!? You wanna know why I'd take the quest instead of killing? Because that's the logical thing to do, right?"  Lowenthal had tried...heck, Mari was sure that was why the man had died, because he had tried killing others to obtain their items. Mari shook her head, lifting a hand to wipe blotchy eyes. "Why...why would I even want to do that?" She weakly asked Zandra.

"Fine..." Mari muttered as she trudged toward her dagger, sweeping it up and putting it back away in a single motion. "You must be at least a little daft - to think it'd be that easy. Have you ever hurt anyone? Ever drawn a weapon on them or stabbed them?" Mari pulled her head away from the woman, she doubted it. There was no use, she had already snapped - if the woman didn't hate her before, she certainly did now. "Tch..." 

She turned her back on the other,  there wasn't really any point in continuing this conversation, was there?   "What's the point. You just think I'm nothing more than some bloodthirsty killer, right? I'll leave."  It hurt. It really, really hurt. Mari sniffed as she walked away from the other person.  She shouldn't have snapped like that, she shouldn't have gotten upset or let her emotions show. Stupid, stupid, STUPID. 

Truth be told, that reaction - was probably the most normal reaction someone would have to a Pker; granted - most wouldn't be so brazen but still...it was completely normal, and she was right to be so cautious - Mari would have been to. 

@Zandra

Edited by Mari

Zandra listened as the player killer infront of her talked. She talked about the action of killing people. How hard it was, that it wasn’t fun. Thou the berserk healer have herd enough about Mari that she knew that was just more lies she threw at her. And if it was something she didn’t liked, it was lies. Didn’t mattered if it was from a friend or foe, an NPC or a real player. Lies and deceptions often made her angry. The anger was now fighting the fear.

Thou since it came from a player killer that probably lied to everyone, it wasn’t personal. But during the time, the red player had started breaking down. It almost sounded like she was going to start to cry. This was making Zandra maybe not relax, but making her calmer. But also confused. Why would she be sad from what she had said?

But in her explanations about the art of killing, she also threw accusations on her, talking about stuff she didn’t knew. With it, her heart started beating faster, pictures flashed infront of her, and as the woman turned her back to her, the fire in her eyes started to burn.

Her eyes was focused on Mari’s back. ‘’Stop!’’ she said and hoped it would make her stay and hopefully turn around as well. ‘’You may call me daft…’’ to be honest she didn’t knew what it meant, but she guessed it was something like stupid or retarded.’’…but that seems to go for you too.’’ And in that moment, her confident returned. Mari may have been a threat to her back when the player killer was active. But much have happened to Zandra since then. Now, she was almost the strongest player on the frontlines, as well as had several demonic and unique enchanted items. Even if Mari had reached max level and maxed out all her skills and was fully equipped with unique demonics, Zandra would probably have an even fight with her, probably. She still rembered the other elite dagger wielder that attacked her. That time she was unarmed and unarmoured like now, and still survived tens of stabs in the chest. ‘’First things first, what Ive herd about you. And I hope you can answer a question in return.’’ Her voice was steady now, thou you could still hear a faint tone of fear somewhere in it. She still wasn’t sure what this girl plans was. She took a few steps to a thick tree to her right and leaned on it. Her was protected and her front was within her field of view. ‘’Ive herd that you have ended over a dozen players life. One man I met talked about his sister, Lisona. You killed her, and laughed while listening to her beggings of letting her live. Another man I met saw when you tied his friend to a tree, stab him and let the dagger stay in him, draining his life until he shattered.’’ If this was a year ago, she would never have dared mention it to her. She scrolled thru her inventory and took out a small horn before she continued. ‘’Would you search for someone like that and ask them in person if its true?’’

"Sorry, what?" Mari turned to the girl with a confused look on her face. "Sorry- I don't know who Lisona is...I..." Mari shook her head, right. So the rumors were that bad. "It seems like people are just making up a whole bunch of stuff...huh." Tying someone to a tree and watching their life drain away? Mari had never done something so cruel so callous - she knew one person had. Life.  Was he the one who had told her all of this too? 

"You...didn't think to look at the monument of Life? Search my name, or these people who you claim I hurt?" Mari asked quietly. No. Of course she hadn't. She said it herself, why would anyone search for someone like that and ask them.  "You're right." Mari said, barely above a whisper. "Someone wouldn't outright come and ask me these things...but you didn't even think to check that monument did you? You just believed whatever others told you. You've believed all that, were they strangers that you believed? Or friends? And yet you still distrust me so much that it feels like...no matter what I say, it'd be all lies to you. Nothing but some scheme, right?" 

Who on  earth was spreading these things? Did...it ever really matter. Mari guessed that the people she had met, people like Macradon and Baldur, even Cordelia and Yuki - those were the exceptions. The reaction she was getting now. That was the normal response. This was what the majority of people felt toward her. Damn... So much for trying to make a difference. Mari felt like everything she was fighting for was slipping through her fingertips. She held up her hands, and splayed them out, staring at her shaking fingers. All of it. The friendships she had made, the ideals of schools and teachers - and training others...would it all even be possible if this was how the world had seen her?

"I know the name...the face...of every person whose life I had taken, I think about them every day - the number wasn't a dozen. It was 8 - and among them..." She shook her head and forced her eyes shut. She couldn't cry here. "Among them was Argumail - a man who tried to murder my friends. Tom, a Murderer who begged for death. Sugar and Spice - who attacked their friend and each other, then me.  Toshi - a man who reveled in killing and tried to kill a friend. Echo - someone who tried to hurt others, Aubrey...poor sweet Aubrey- then..." Mari paused. "No...first there was my daughter who had been thrown in harms way. So if you think I'm truly as vile as you believe then go ahead, strike me in my back. I'd probably deserve it. But I'm done here. There is no point when you won't believe a thing I say. " 

Mari didn't want to engage in this any further. Not when glassy tears trickled down her face, not when her heart felt like it was being ripped out of her chest. The world wouldn't really care if she was gone would it?  She began to walk away. Mari didn't feel like doing the quest anymore.

Would it even be spitting in the faces of those lives she had taken if she were to die?

Or would it relieve the world of a plague. A plague known as Mari. 

@Zandra

Edited by Mari

Zandra listened to the player killer infront of her. What was she talking about, she had killed that Lisona girl and still pretended she didnt knew who she is. Does she care that little of her target. Just picking them out on random? But there was something else that she have seen in the woman. Her voice was shaking, her eyes was shining and as she held up her hand, they was everything else then steady. Something was definitely not right. What was going on here? Zandra had just told Mari that she knows about her kills, even how they was done. Why did she keep denying she enjoyed it? Was she, could she really be right? Have the other just told her stories for entertainment to make Mari look bader then she was. Also, if she had friends that was ready to ambush her, why havent they done so already? Zandra putted away the horn while she was counting all her victims, her 8 victims. When she herd she had killed her own daughter, she felt like she wanted to throw up. Her daugther? ‘’You… it is just… Killing… But… Ari.’’ Zandra said quitly to herself as she saw the back of the other player walk away and disapear in the forest.

Zandra just stood there in silence, staring at the point where Mari had disapeared. After awhile, Zita flew up to her shoulder and rubbed her beak on her cheek. This woke her out of her trance and she patted the feathered pr6edator. ‘’Could she be telling the truth? Is it all the other stories we have herd that was the lies?’’ she walked up to a rock and sat down, leaning her forehead in her hands. ‘’Have I just told her terrible rumors about her that noone would want to here?’’ the eagle looked up at her with her wise eyes. ‘’Oh Zita, what shall I do? I have to fix this right?’’ was it just in her mind, or did Zita just nodded? Anyway, she knew what she had to do. She rose up again, brushed her hair away from her eye that just fell down again. ‘’Zita, our quest have just been changed.’’ she said as she satrted to walk towards where she had seen Mari disapear.

@Mari

Edited by Zandra

Mari swatted at a palm leaf, pushing it out of her way - but it just slapped her back in her face. Mari mumbled incoherently as she wiped her stinging eyes with the back of her hands.
It hurts....it hurts...It hurts....

The pain was like an insatiable fire that burned in her body - charring the happiness that she had found, swallowing up the peace that she had so desperately been trying to seek. She knew it'd be hard, and she knew there would always be people against her. Mari was ok with that...but she wasn't...she wasn't ok with all the rumours and lies - and that people refused to believe her over them, nor check the validity of them. 

Laughing as I watched his life drain away.

More tears began to brim along Mari's bloodshot eyes. Who would say something like that? Why would they say something like that.  "Was I..truly so horrible that people believe those things?" Mari asked herself as she hugged herself tightly.

..Of course she was.

Why else would people believe those rumours?

Mari just wanted to fight the stupid Bear and get out of here; maybe hide away for a few days....Away from everyone and everything.

@Zandra

Edited by Mari

Zandra started to move deeper into the forest, the same way that the player killer had headed of to. She had to catch up to her. A quick glance at Zita made the eagle understand. She spread her mighty wings and flapped as she lifted from her shoulder with a loud cry. If the situation was different, this could have been a beautiful picture. A mighty eagle, flying thru a forest with sun beams lighting it up. Thou it gave Zandra a bit of courage, and made her heart beat faster. She could do this, yes, she can definitely do this. The eagle let out another cry and Zandra picked up her speed.

After a few minutes, she spotted and spot of orange, that was Mari’s hair. She slowed down. She had thougth thru dozens of different lines to say to her. ‘’Hey Mari, wait!’’ she shouted towards her. So she had started with a simple starting line. Now for the next.

But her mind was empty, everything she had planned to say was gone with the wind. ‘’Ehm, I…’’ she started with a nervous tone in her voice. ‘F**k, f**k, f**k. Just say something!’ she thought to herself. But nothing came out.

@Mari

Edited by Zandra

’Hey Mari, wait!’’ 

Mari turned to see that same girl from before...she was confused, didn't this girl want Mari gone? Wasn't she so very afraid of her? Why then? Why did she keep chasing after her?

"What?" Mari said, a little harsher than she intended, the hurt and pain was evident in her warbled words as she continued. "I've tried to leave you be multiple times - what more could you possibly say to me? That you think I'm lying? That I'm nothing more than some psychotic loon who gets her jollies from f**king people up? I really  don't wanna-" She paused and grit her teeth. 'Sh*t'  The bear was right behind her.

The next few actions took mere seconds;

Mari had pulled out her blade and flipped it in her grip so it was a reverse cycle, activating her <<Eternal Cyclone>> Skill. She charged toward the stranger with her dagger poised to attack out at her side. In one swift Movement Mari had shoved the petite girl out of the way, hard - she'd apologize later - the bear would have struck her down otherwise. Mari had gone to strike the large hulking bear - but had been too distracted by her efforts to get the girl to safety. Even if she had insulted Mari, even if she thought Mari was a liar and nothing more than a killer...Mari wouldn't let her get hurt. Instead, Kumetsu swiped at Mari, its large paw throwing slapping her across the chest and throwing her back into a tree.

Kumetsu roared loudly as he bought up his paw, flickers of ember and flame trailing up it. Right...Mari's Flame Aura - she forgot about that. Mari coughed then gave a wry grin. 

The battle had started.

@Zandra

ID: 139685  - DID not find Kumetsu
Mari
HP 1108/1140 | EN: 110/110 | DAM: 11 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 43 | ACC 4
ID:139235  BD:2+4=6-2=4 Miss
Eternal Cyclone - 11 + 5 (charge) = 16 x 13 = 208 - 50 =158

FAKE Kumetsu
HP: 300/300 | DMG: 75 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2   BURN 2/2 (24 Damage)
ID:139236    MOB:  8+1=9-3=6 HIT

Edited by Mari

Zandra stood there, not a word leaving her lips. She just looked at Mari’s red eyes. She was broken down it looks like. Had Zandras word striked her that hard? She felt like a terrible human beeing. Maybe she should just leave Mari alone. She didnt really seem to enjoy Zandra’s company.

Then, suddenly Mari took her by surprise. She took a steady grip of her dagger and charged towards. Zandras eyes went wide open for half a second before her hand moved thanks to muscle memory. Zandra body shined as her armor Inferno pixelated around her. She was ready for the dagger to pierce her body. But instead Mari’s hand just threw her to the side. As Zandra quickly regained her balance and equipped her axe at the same time, she did a 180 turn.

Mari wasnt trying to run away from her, she charged the bear that had in some way sneaked up on Zandra from behind. This made her angry. How the f*** could a BEAR! sneak up on her. Then she watched as the bear slammed its migthy paw on Mari, sent her flying into a tree. This didnt made Zandra calm down. The opposite. Flames surronded her beeing as well as her black two handed axe. ‘’AAAAHHHH!!!’’ she screamed as she exploded forward with red yes, burning with fury. She went first in with her shoulder with full power from her bullrush mod, leaving the bear stunned. ‘’DIE!’’ she let out and cleaved thru him with her weapon as Zita flew down and scratched and bit the bears eyes. Zandra stepped back and breathed heavy as she saw the bear explode in a sea of blue and white crystals.

Mari
HP 1108/1140 | EN: 110/110 | DAM: 11 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 43 | ACC 4
Zandra
HP 1765/1765 | EN: 154/172 | DAM: 19 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 99 | ACC 3+1(con)
ID:139260  BD:4+3+1=8-2=6 Hit! Charge activated! Bullrush triggered!
Explode catapult - 19+5=24x14=336-50=286 DMG

Kumetsu
HP: 0/300 | DMG: 75 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2   -DEAD-

Edited by Zandra

Mari groaned as she rubbed her head. Crap, she didnt think about how that must've looked to the girl. She deigned to apologize after. First she had to take care of the...

Wait.

Wait.

The black haired woman changed - in a flash...literally. She went from a meek and low leveled looking traveler to a hardened warrior, complete with absolute maddening battle scream. Mari pushed herself off the ground, trying to dust herself off as her eyes watched the scene before her. She couldn't look away. The woman wielded a large two handed battle axe, surrounded by flame -and after screaming at the bear to die - it did.

"Well Damn..." Mari said after all was said and done. "I'm sorry..." She said as she walked around the woman, giving her a wide berth. "I thought- I assumed you weren't a strong player so I jumped in, in an attempt to protect you...." Mari knelt down and picked up the two totems that the bear dropped. "But...I guess I was wrong." Mari extended her arm to Zandra, offering her the second totem.

"Assuming thing about people makes us look like idiots, doesn't it?"

@Zandra

Zandra held her axe in a firm and steady grip, breathing of excitement. There was this special feeling that always flowed into her mind after a good fight. After the killing blow, the flames had calmed down and her armor was just a normal armour. Well, a normal black armor, with huge dragon like shoulderguards and dragon claws looking gloves. She looked around after more mobs to slay, her axe still wanted to do that. Then she herd a voice and her eyes went to Mari.

The last few hours she had been thru a real rollercoaster after she met Mari. Fear, sadness, confusion, a lot of different feelings. And after hearing Mari’s words, anger was added to those feelings. She gritted her teeths behind her mouthguard as her eyes darkened for a few seconds. Where the two rubies mett the clear pair of sapphires. But before she said something to Mari, she rembered what her new quest was.

She stretched out and grabbed the totem that Mari gave her. ‘’Thanks.’’ She started as a thank you for the small but kind gesture to pick it up for her. ‘’Yes, you are right, I guess.’’ She thought off how to continue. ‘’But you know, what I said about you back then…’’ the bear fight had totally vanished from her memory and she blushed as she felt emberressed about her words she had sent to Mari. ‘’I just wanted to start with to apologies. I know you cant change in like one second, but what if we try to restart?’

@Mari

The girl was breathing heavily - her eyes wild and crazed. And she's the one who thinks I'm the psychotic killer.... Mari thought to herself. The way she had quite literally thrown herself into that battle, on fire was sure something. Her armour too - it was reminiscent of the old thorny armour Mari used to wear ; although this wasn't coloured a garish pink. Her head whipped back and forth wildly. Mari held up her hands defensively. "I uh- I think that was the only one."

Her head snapped to Mari and her brows furrowed, Mari noticed her jaw clench and Mari was convinced she was about to be attacked. Mari even took a step back for good measure. If this woman thought Mari to be an insane killer (although Mari was quickly beginning to think that the stranger was projecting.) then there was no doubt that she'd attack Mari.

The stranger reached out and grabbed the totem, muttering words of appreciation. Mari took another step back, she wanted enough distance if she had to run - her attack looked like it packed quite the punch. "You know actions speak louder than words." Mari said, a little wary of her sudden change of opinion. "You could do two things to prove it."

Mari held out a single finger. "One, tell me your name." She lifted another. "Two - when you get back to a town ; go to the monument of life. Look at it yourself and draw your own conclusions rather than believing rumours at face value, surely I can ask at least that much of you....right?"

Mari gave Zandra a weak smile as she placed the totem and bear away. "And hey, if you still think I'm lying then you can come after me. I'll even tell you where I live, if you choose to believe me."

@Zandra

Zandra saw Mari taking a couple of steps away from her. Was she? No, that couldn’t be the reason, or could it? She made a small, barely visible shake to herself. When she looked downat the totem again, she realized one of the reasons that maybe would be why she backed away from her. She was still wearing Inferno, her armor that was anything except showing a kind and caring impression. Her hand quickly opened the menu and unequipped her armor and she was back in her little red riding hood styled outfit. She listened as the orange player started talking, and she was telling her to do two things for her. Now Mari was giving Zandra orders?

Zandra got confused at first, but then she understood that it was totally normal. After all, Zandra knew Mari’s name since before but Mari had no idea what Zandra’s name was. Back when Mari was told about, Zandra was still no one. Now, she just hoped no player had done the same thing about her as they had done about Mari. Zandra gulped before she started. ‘’Oh, I am sorry, totally forgot to introduce myself.’’ She paused before she continued. ‘’My name is Zandra, and you have my deepest apologise for believing those words about you. I understand that you don’t wanna see me so I will head down to the monument and look to confirm what you are saying. But I hope you can take a minute and look at it from my perspective too. No need to thou if you don’t want to. Have a nice day.’’ And she started to walk away, her voice have now been steady and friendly now that she had calmed down from the actions that had happened today.

@Mari

"I have looked at it from your perspective." Mari chided. "Every. Day. Yet I have never met someone who so relentlessly insisted I adored killing. That's..." Mari shook her head. "You're a cruel person, I tried to leave you alone. Most others would allow at least that. Hell, even attacking me in cold blood would have been kinder. But you kept following and insisting...why?" Mari pleaded.

It was then that she introduced herself as Zandra. Wait SHE was Zandra? "You're a frontliner!" Mari exclaimed, face palming, no wonder she was able to destroy the bear in a single blow. "You...." Mari shook her head. "You stabbed my best friend!" And all this time Zandra had the audacity to call Mari insane?

"I....ugh...you..." Mari massaged her temples. Zandra was right, Mari didn't exactly want to see her right now, not after everything that had transpired. "How about next time, we just start over. I'm kinda good at trying to do that." Mari offered with a small smile. "Just, please, look at the monument - and use your own judgement...I really don't mind if you hate me, or want me dead - I'll own up to anything I have truly one in the past - but I will not admit fault to rumours."

Mari gave Zandra a small wave.

Well, this would be an interesting story to tell later.

"Now...let's look at this totem..." Mari said as she turned it to and fro in her hand- that's when it happened, it burst into data. "Wait...what?"
Was that bear they fought a ...a fake!?

She grit her teeth. "Ah crap..."

A reverberating roar shook the entire forest; as a large bear emerged, three times the size of the previous 'Fake'

"ERr.....hey...." Mari said as she took a step back.  "Wouldn't be a fan of er honey right?"

@Zandra
ID: 139686  LD:19
KUmatsu found!

Edited by Mari