[E3|F1|PP]An Egg Hunt(Nature's Treasure)

While the others weren't looking, she turned her glowering red eyes to her surroundings and tried to test and see if glaring hard enough at some spot in the not so distant distance would somehow finally yield her one of those yellow objective markers. It worked in Floor 17's invasion event, perhaps it would be a handy trick here! They hadn't ran the fields dry, however; the festive items were still spawning — all too close to the other players' feet, to which they only needed to bend their knees and pick them up. Arabelle didn't want to be caught staring; she could gather her own.

Her now-colorless eyes shifted back to the girl in the bunny outfit who'd declared herself a tank.

"A tank. How lucky of me. I've been looking for one to tag along on a few of the higher-leveled quests actually, but it seems as if everyone is a DPS nowadays and what few tanks there are are always busy. I'll leave that for when we're on the same level though. Reaching T2 shouldn't be too hard with all of us here to help." Offers to help new players were rare for her, but she thought she could use another tank since she... lost the first one. Smiling, the small purple-haired girl turned to Yuki at the mention of info brokers. She might not be on the same level as the rest of them, but her understanding of the importance behind looking at the stats first and planning appropriately before entering a dungeon set her high above the others. "Oh, I'm sure they've already started looking into those dungeons. They're very diligent."

Her ears perked at some frontliner talk and then some expression of sentiment from Mari. Did mentioning a very close friend strike a chord with her? "Ah, yeah. I appreciate the thought." Now facing the group, she tucked her hands behind her back. "But I think I can get through this. I've got my plans made and a [Garden] on one of the higher floors for the [Nature's Treasure] buff. Shouldn't be as hard as powering through seven quests straight, right?"

And it was some of the orange player's words that gave Arabelle pause. 'Nice?' It was a beginner floor and that defining trait shone in every one of its aspects, so much so that she'd dubbed it in her head as plain. Beautiful, but too simple for her. But every most places had its own charms and to a frontliner who had seen it all... "It's calm," the girl affirmed. "This floor, and the two others above it. The mobs are weak and there are hardly any nasty surprises in store. I wouldn't be experiencing this same peaceful sort of egg hunt in the outer zones of the higher floors."

Spoiler

ID: 141469 | LD: 2 + 3 = 5

LOOT (total)

• 7 T1 materials
  • 15 chocolate eggs

Cordelia smiled whimsically as she watched Arabelle and Yuki talk. They certainly have their future planned out, wish she could say the same, honestly. 

She looked at Mari from the corner of her eye before chuckling. "That'd be nice, but try not to buy out my whole stock this time, yeah?" She mused jokingly, closing her eyes for a second before she crouched down next to Mari. "I suppose so. Sometimes, I feel like this floor is the only one that has a normal landscape," she sighed, tilting her head to give Mari a small grin.

"Maybe not as exciting as a literal volcano, but hey, it's got four seasons. I'd trade lava for that anyday," she joked, standing up before she ruffled Mari's hair almost aggressively. "Plus," she added, crossing her arms over her chest as she gave a wink to the redhead. "Aincrad's finest tacos are made here."

ID: 141556
LD: 3+7, 1=, No Materials
CD: 2, +2 Eggs

Total Eggs: 20
Total Materials: 9

Yuki stood off to the side and kept quiet while the other talked, except when Arabelle mentioned them going through the dungeon together. She smiled at her and clutched her hands behind her back.

"I would love to accompany you on your dungeon hunt Arabelle. I would prefer to wait until I hit Tier 2 myself though. That way I can get my hands on some useful equipment for my next tier. If that is fine with you." Yuki said, then started looking around for eggs. There were a few off to the side that none of her friends had noticed yet, so she took a few steps out of their range and scooped them in her hands.

Upon her return she looked over at Mari. "I like this floor, but floor 22 is also rather beautiful. I have my food shop set up on that floor now if you're high up sometime and you need a place to stay or just to get some buff food."

@Mari @Cordelia @Arabelle

image.thumb.png.45ed434fa38af29a4e65b1ba22d46a9e.png

LD: 2+6=17 CD: 1
Materials Found: 0
Eggs Found: 2

Total Materials: 6
Total Eggs: 29

Edited by Zajcica

Mari idly listened as the trio of women talked about taking dungeons together - Mari would not have been much help - she was a higher tier - and the only one who could probably fight on par with her tier would be Cordelia. Granted, most people did more damage than Mari these days - with her dagger being a most inefficient weapon when it comes to damage.

"You're right." Mari said to Arabelle as she spied two more eggs and picked them up. "This floor has a special charm to it, because it has a bit of everything. The floor itself is massive, and it feels the most natural. You could walk a few days and not reach the edge of this floor - other floors feel...more constrained. This place though - somehow - it's always bustling with energy and people, there are children laughing here - it makes you feel more...human  I guess? Like we aren't all stuck in a game." 
Mari snorted at  Cordelia's comment. "I think I'd be happy if I never had to set foot in a literal Volcano, ever again."

After placing the duo of eggs away into her satchel Mari stood and stretched, addressing the pink haired woman. "Thanks Yuki. I appreciate the offer." Mari said as she gave a Yuki a gentle pat on her shoulder. Standing now Mari stretched. "Mmm, I'm not sure how much time I really have here..." She said as she glanced at her messages - she'd yet to receive a reply from Macradon. "I feel a little bad I've only just arrived and am already looking at heading off so soon." She muttered. 

@Cordelia @Arabelle @Zajcica

ID: 141843   CD: 3 LD: 6
2 eggs

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
23 Eggies
7 T1 Materials

Edited by Mari

"Oh. Yeah." Arabelle laced her fingers together behind her back and nodded. She nudged the toe of her boot into a conspicuous spot in the ground, where tall blades of grass were clumped together, obscuring a marker denoting an event item. "That's what I had in mind. And... hm. If you want someone to farm mobs with," she untwined her fingers and pressed the back of her left hand against her lips. Her amiable tone momentarily receded into silence as she mentally ran through her schedule and the growing amount of things she had internally labelled 'urgent.' There should be lots of time for making new connections. "Send me a PM one day before. I don't keep many buffs in my inventory, but I like having all of them around when I fight. No harm in being prepared, right?"

In the grass, she felt her foot bump against something more solid. The girl set her sights downwards (finally, some eggs!) and manually parted the grass with her gloved hands to pick up the Easter goodies. She listened in on the orange player's musings as she thoroughly dusted off her gloved hands. It felt the most natural, she silently summed up for herself. Not only were the NPC settlers all 'regular humans,' they all went about their lives with the sort of normalcy she knew a handful of veteran players had begun to crave. 

In the end, everyone just wanted to go back home.

"Ahahaha, is it bad that I'm planning to visit that fiery floor in a few days?" Arabelle put on a smile. "Can't help it though. There's a quest and a person I want to meet there!"

Her gaze was drawn slightly to the side at Mari's movement. It wasn't out of cautiousness, just mere curiosity as the woman opened her interface in part of Arabelle's sights that she wasn't looking directly at.

Spoiler

ID: 142335 | LD: 3 + 3 = 6 | CD: 5

LOOT (round)

• 3 chocolate eggs

LOOT (total)

• 7 T1 materials
  • 18 chocolate eggs

"Gah, I can't stand that floor," she whined, tilting her head to look up at the sky. "Even with the Survival skill, I feel like I'm being burned alive in an oven." She whipped her head over to Arabelle and sighed. "Are you planning to do the upgraded version of that old Cerberus quest? Lord, that one was a pain in the ass. Hope you have fun with whoever you want to see, though."

Cordelia shrugged. "I don't blame you. Egg hunting is more exhausting than it looks. It's probably awfully boring if you don't have people to talk to while you're doing it, as well," she mumbled, crouching down to pick up another few colorful chocolate eggs. She already hated looking at these, I mean, look at it! It kind of hurt to look at it. . . stupid colorful chocolate ovoids. She grumbled under her breath and threw the eggs in her inventory. 

ID: 142650
LD: 20, +2 Materials
CD: 1, +2 Eggs

Total Eggs: 22
Total Materials: 11

Yuki patted Mari on the shoulder and gave her another one of her trademark smiles.  If you had something you needed to go and do, don't let us hold you back. I would hate to make you late for anything." The paladin said letting go of Mari to collect some eggs off to the side of them. There weren't that many in this bunch but every little bit helped her get closer to getting that dungeon map she desperately wanted. When she was done collecting the eggs she returned to the girls and sighed.

"We've all been out here for pretty long already. If you guys have something to do other than egg hunting, don't let me hold you all back from doing it." She said with her smile painted across her face. She didn't have much else to do right now, so egg hunting could go on for a few hours if she needed it to.

@Mari @Cordelia @Arabelle

image.thumb.png.a47398f6fc811868ba23802f28519feb.png

LD: 18+6=24 CD: 3
Materials Found: 2
Eggs Found: 2

Total Materials: 8
Total Eggs: 31

Edited by Zajcica

"Yes, it is." Mari said bluntly to Arabelle. "You're insane - that floor is nasty. I'd do the quest, then tell that person to find a better spot to meet you. Literally, anywhere else."  Mari stretched, it was nice here - and it was a mighty shame she couldn't quickly travel around else she'd spend more time on the floor. "I'm pretty sure both me and Cordelia were flung right up hard against the walls - the quest wasn't exactly hard, but it was just...so unbearably hot, good item drops though."

Mari blinked when she saw a message from Macradon, telling her he'd meet up with her later today. "Ah, speak of the devil..." She mused quietly. If she left now she should almost make it just before he got there - she'd have to run across some of the floors; luckily most of the terrain was manageable. "That's actually my cue, unfortunately I can't just teleport off somewhere - so It'll take me quite some time to hit my destination." Mari gave the three girls a small wave. "Sorry, I didn't really plan on intruding, I was just passing by, but thanks for stopping and chatting for a while. I appreciate it."

With that final wave Mari turned to head toward the floor boss room so she could climb the stairs to the tower.

-Mari leaves thread-

@Arabelle @Cordelia @Zajcica

ID: 142814 CD:11  LD:3
no eggs

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
23 Eggies
7 T1 Materials

Edited by Mari

Yuki watched Mari leave and waved her off quietly. She seemed to hurry like she was late for a date or something. Wonder if that was what was going on here, wonder who it was she was meeting. Best not to pry though, Mari would hate it if she did.

"Well, I assume you guys will be leaving soon as well.  Don't let me keep you all busy. I think I'll be heading out soon too. I want to do Nature's Treasures on all the floors I can for all the materials I can get while I'm searching for eggs. I'm going to floor 21 next. Yuki said, eyeing an entire basket of eggs filled with some materials as well. She walked over and scooped them up for herself. This was about the best pull you could get out of these drops. "I hope you all make enough eggs to buy what you want, though."

image.thumb.png.02a48945ef6a87794d11db925139d529.png

LD: 18+6=24 CD: 12
Materials Found: 2
Eggs Found: 6

Total Materials: 10
Total Eggs: 37

Edited by Zajcica

Two very negative reactions. Floor 7 was that bad. "Oh my, I'll take all of your words into account then," she conceded to the more assertive of the pair, taking on an expression of surprise. They had gone ahead to make assumptions — well-founded ones, considering her higher level and the amount of buzz that quest generated when it first appeared — and she arranged her expression back into a composed smile and nodded to affirm them. "You're right. I am planning to do that new quest... even though I never cleared the first. I've been looking for a way to upgrade my weapon after all. If all goes well, I'd have some help with me too."

A better spot to meet, Mari had suggested. Right! How come she'd never thought of it before? Arabelle thought a little more and figured it had to do with some... unique circumstances regarding that person's whereabouts, but a talk anywhere else other than the fiery inside of a volcano sounded like a good idea.

As quickly and suddenly as she came, Mari was now about to leave. She gave the orange cursor a silent wave of farewell and as the others said their goodbyes, Arabelle took that opportunity to do what she came here for: egg hunting. A little ways from the group, she found a noticeably large chunk of the festive event currency with a performer crystal in their midst. She registered them all to her inventory and returned to Yuki saying what sounded like a few words were leading up to another farewell. 

"I'll have to get my buffs in order," Arabelle mused out loud as she stopped next to the two. "Then it's Floor 11 for me. I'll stay here a little longer while there aren't too many players around though, gather the first spawns of eggs up before we all get stuck in the loop of waiting for respawn timers." She smiled at the two girls who had been her companions for a short while. "Good luck on your egg hunts. After everything we went through in previous events, this should be nice and easy by comparison!"

Spoiler

ID: 143063 | LD: 17 | CD: 10

LOOT (round)

• 1 T1 material
  • 6 chocolate eggs

LOOT (total)

• 8 T1 materials
  • 24 chocolate eggs

"That quest was special for me," she sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. "Wouldn't wish it upon anyone, really." She sniffed, looking over to Mari. "Oh, really? That's fine, I'll see later then, I guess?" She asked, giving the girl a smile before she waved her off. She hoped that she would have a safe journey to. . . wherever she was going or whatever.

"I suppose I should be going as well, then," Cordelia mumbled abruptly as she watched Mari's figure disappear in the distance before looking over to the two other girls, giving them a sheepish smile. "Probably going to go home and take a huge nap. Egg hunting is much more exhausting than it looks now that I've done it. I'll catch you two later, as well?" With one last huff, she smiled at them and made her way back to the town where she could teleport back to floor seven. 

ID: 143087
LD: 5+7=12, +1 Material
CD: 12, +6 Eggs

Total Eggs: 28
Total Materials: 12