[E3][PP-F21] <<Nature's Treasure>> A Long Expected Party

Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 142466 results: Craft: 2 [Nothing]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 90
Materials: 33
Col: 1,575
Rare Consumables: [139436a] [139436b]

Shield let the sounds of Beat's words and their echos die down, still holding his gaze on the younger player, letting the moment deescalate before adding to the conversation. "Because Zandra isn't the problem. Not really, anyways." He turned back to the water. "She's a hot-head, but in the end, she can come around and see reason." He took a long breath, thinking back through the events of that time several years ago. "The tank meeting was to do just that. To unite us. Hestia wouldn't have it." Shield shook his head, reeling in so quickly that no fish would have touched the bait. 

"She was just determined to disagree by saying that players would disagree," Shield growled, shaking his head slowly. "We had ideas, and suggestions, and a dialogue... and she just... disagreed. Without adding anything to the conversation. It was almost as though she were offended by the idea of unity. Like working together was problematic to her somehow..."

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 142467: CD: 6 LD: 5 + 6 = 11

Result: 6 eggs and 1 mat

Totals: 

34 T3 Mats

124 Eggs

Beat shrugged and smiled as he felt a strong tug on his line, "Agreed. Hot-headedness we can deal with. Contrary people are a problem." Beat paused as he leaned back in his sitting position, steadily winning a war of attrition with the unlucky fish, "I feel like the answer there is simply excluding them. they aren't welcome on the frontlines if they are going to make minimizing risk more challenging intentionally."

As the struggling creature finally began to lose steam, Beat seized the opportunity and pulled upward with his arms, hoisting the fish out of the water and into the air. It slapped onto the ground and immediately became six individually painted easter eggs. Beat laughed as he stowed the eggs and looked back to Shield, "At the very least, we make sure they have no decision making power. Put them in a position where their contrarian nature is more or less a zero factor."

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 142469 results: Craft: 11 [4 Materials found] Loot: 12+8=20 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 98

"That... sets a dangerous precedent," Shield said, with a sense of foreboding in his voice. "Who gets to decide which players have the choice of who participates and who doesn't? I know it's easy to say 'the jerks don't get to play,' but from her standpoint, we were probably the jerks. We already have three prior members of the Azure Brigade that are either founding members of this guild or closely associated with those who are," Shield said with a sigh. He tossed his line out into the dark water.

"I mean, even at that boss meeting, we already had Hestia accusing us of being like them, just because neither I or Baldur wanted any part of her garbage and refused to be on a team with her," shaking his head even more, he laughed a pained, ironic sort of laugh. "I mean, there's just enough of a hint of a similarity that you can't just dismiss it. They were insanely powerful players, known for their stunts of two-man floor boss raids or just generally teaming together and excluding other players from getting drops. And here we are... with two people who tried to do a floor boss blitz and a former member of the Azure Brigade trying to tell other players what to do."

Shield's pole doubled over, and he was almost lifted out of his seat. He dug in his heels and pushed with his legs, dragging the powerful fish closer to shore. Little by little, he battled the monster fish, until finally, it gave way as it was dragged into the air. With one final heavy breath, Shield claimed his victory, standing over the creature and tapping the option to collect it and the contents of its belly.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 142473: CD: 7 LD: 3 + 6 = 9 

2 Mats and 4 Eggs found

Totals: 

36 T3 Mats 

128 Eggs 

"They decide that for themselves don't they?" Beat said in a matter of fact tone, "Why would let someone who has those kinds of issues with teamwork and leadership be in charge of anything on the frontlines?"

Beat's pole bent forward as another catch hooked itself on his line. This one did not have nearly the fight that some of the previous catches had and Beat had no trouble reeling it in. He stowed the fish and the eggs in his inventory as he continued, "I mean, yeah, stopping them from fighting at all is probably not worth our efforts, but keeping them out of critical positions seems much more feasible." Beat recast his line as he looked back to Shield with a smile, "You want to trust someone like Hestia to fill a critical role in a coordinated plan? Especially one she doesn't agree with or didn't come up with?"

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 142469 results: Craft: 11 [4 Materials found] Loot: 12+8=20 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 106

"That's just it," Shield said, turning his hands up in a shrug. "There is no 'in charge' or 'not in charge.' Everyone participates and decisions are made by consensus of those with the courage to speak up. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how outnumbered a player is. If they are still determined to speak and other players are still conducting business, there's no way to just make them agree. And whether we like it or not, until we get at least one more full tank, Hestia has to play a vital role, or else we don't fight floor bosses. And honestly... in the current state, I think the latter is the wiser move."

As Shield finished his thought, he looked out onto the lake to look for good real estate for his cast to land. Beat's line was hardly in the way, so finding a good spot was not difficult. He pulled back and threw out his line, watching as the hook and fishing line disappeared in the darkness. Only the bobber was somewhat visible. As his eyes followed it, a great fish, nearly half Shield's size, leaped from the water and swallowed the bobber, and as he guessed, the hook as well. Before it had a chance to fall back into the water, he brought in the slack and pulled, bringing the behemoth sailing through the air like a confused missile, flapping and spinning slightly as it came. With a heavy slap, it landed on the shore and proceeded to flap helplessly until it gave up the ghost and became a pile of fish steaks and some eggs.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 142667: CD: 1 = lulz "random"

Totals: 

36 T3 Mats 

128 Eggs 

Beat looked at Shield, a bit annoyed, "Well, that's what I mean when I refer to the people allowing or disallowing people to be in important positions." He pursed his lips and fidgeted with his rod, further irritated by the sudden lack of fish where he was casting his rod. He reeled his line in a walked around the water, looking for an alternative place to cast his line, hoping it would yield better results. 

"I don't really believe anyone would actually want someone in a position of power or responsibility if they behaved that way. The collective can naturally filter them out." Beat sighed and considered the shortage and what that would mean for the next boss fight, "As for the shortage, you're not wrong. A lack of healers is a big issue and being borderline short on tanks is another one. Fighting the next boss, assuming it is going to be special somehow, is irresponsible."

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 142675 results: Craft: 3 [0 Materials found] Loot: 14+8=22 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 112

"None of our options are good right now," Shield said, shaking his head. "We have to hope that Hestia will be reasonable, because any action from there is going to divide the front lines again. Hopefully, it will just be Hestia vs. everyone else. I can't say that for sure will be the case." With a sigh, he cast his line out into the water. It was a while before he spoke. His eyes watched the water, seeing the minute undulations ripple through the surface from where his cast had landed. "I do not understand where communications really started to break down... where the priority was computer programs over people... where the objective wasn't to get out of this damned game!" He kicked at a stone near his foot, which skipped along the ground and disappeared into the water with a 'plunk.'

There came a sound from further out, and Shield's bobber vanished only to resurface a moment later. "Well, at least there's chocolate eggs, right?" he said dryly. He was at a loss. It felt like he was having to count chickens before they hatched assuming for situations where they both would be chickens and that they would be snakes, in equal likelihood. It was maddening.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Fishing: ID#142830: CD: 5 LD: 4 + 6 = 10

4 Eggs and 1 T3 Mat

Totals: 

37 T3 Mats 

132 Eggs 

Beat let loud a long sigh in nodded as he stopped his orbit around the fishing hole and selected his new spot to cast his line. He began fidgeting with his hook and bait as he responded, "That is a good question. I enjoy this game quite a bit, despite the death game scenario, you know that..." His brow furrowed as he threw his line into the water, hoping for better results, "but I do want to leave at some point. Being here forever is untenable for nearly anyone I would think." Beat's gaze slowly rose to look at Shield, a grim half-smile on his face, "I mean, our bodies will die eventually right?" 

Man, this conversation got dark...

Beat shook his head as he reeled in another catch of fish and eggs. He began to wish he hadn't brought up their mortality in the real world. It wasn't a thought he had often, but it was on the back of mind frequently enough and it was something he assumed everyone thought of at least occasionally. "Maybe people are beginning to resign themselves to their life here. Maybe they don't have the fight in them now that the consequences are so real."  

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 142834 results: Craft: 10 [3 Materials found] Loot: 4+8=12 [6 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 118
Materials: 36

"That is a thought that has not escaped me," Shield said, the ominous nature of the topic reflected in his tone. "That is an eventuality that I cannot allow to come to be. We are on a timer. And what's more, we can't see the timer and know for sure how much is left on it. It is frustrating," he said, casting his line out once again into the darkness of the lake. "And frightening."

The cave around them did little to interrupt the silence. There was the occasional drip from stalactites onto their corresponding stalagmites or into the lake itself. There was the very subtle lapping of minuscule waves on the shore, only present due to some of the larger catches that the two oddly-coupled anglers had managed to fish up. There was a slight, dying echo of the last of the words spoken by Shield, but otherwise, the silence yawned deep into the darkness that surrounded them on all sides, broken up by the warm glow of the various crystals and mushrooms scattered across every surface. "I think there's only so much more good we'll do on this trip. I think we likely only have a few good catches left before the stock will need to respawn." At the mention of catches, his line did just that. His pole bent forward, and he reeled hard against it. Slowly but surely, yet another decent sized candy fish failed to escape from Shield's keen angling skills and surrendered to the air.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Fishing: ID#142843: CD: 10 LD: 15 + 6 = 22

3 T3 mats and 8 eggs

Totals: 

40 T3 mats 

140 Eggs

Beat let the silence linger for a while, not wanting to continue down that path and because he hadn't explored the idea from that side enough to really talk it out with anyone. He threw his line back out and watched the bobber disappear into the darkness and land with a small plop. He let a cool breath, as he found the topic he had been avoiding creeping up inside him, his eyes opening wide and the thoughts swarmed in his head, "So, seventy-six bosses...that seems..." Beat's words left him again as an enormous tug bent his fishing rod nearly clean in half. Beat's instincts kicked in as he braced himself with a sturdy stance and turned his torso as hard as he could. The fish on the end of his line had made the mistake to regroup at that moment as was torn right out of the water. What emerged was a egg shaped fish, the size of a small car with easter egg patterns in its scales.

"What the-" Beat started before bursting into laughter as he gawked at the over-sized easter egg fish, "Man I love this event! What the hell Kayaba!?" The somber thoughts from before were a distant memory in this moment as Beat relished each laugh, as he tearfully tapped the fish, which broken down into three smaller fish and a large clutch of eight eggs. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 142845 results: Craft: 3 [0 Materials found] Loot: 13+8=21 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 126

Shield was glad that Beat was able to get a laugh out of the ridiculous nature of the event. Then again, by Beat's nature, he had always been a little more mercurial. This was a point where Shield had a difficult time identifying with the younger player. If anything, Beat being distracted gave Shield greater license to take a moment to think to himself for a minute. It had been a very tumultuous time for him. He was very glad to have the interactions with those whom he trusted and cared for. However, the more they prepared to move forward on their own various plans, the more that the big stones such as the boss raid meeting and the fight itself loomed. There were far too many variables up in the air for his liking.

He was brought back to reality by the physical tug on his fishing pole. There was no follow-up. No pulling no splashing. That told Shield that what was on the end of his line was even less alive than the digital candy fish that hey had been raking in constantly over the last several weeks. Reeling in, he was not disappointed, finding a full, complete bundle of eggs wrapped up neatly on the end of his hook.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 142860: CD 2: again...nothing...cool

Totals: 

40 T3 mats 

140 Eggs

Beat wiped the tears from his eyes as his cathartic laughing fit finally subsided. In his distraction, a fish had grabbed his hook and was now successfully making off with it. With a sploosh, Beat's rod disappeared, which invoked another couple of chuckles before he simply resummoned the rod to his hand and straightened up. The smile quickly disappeared from his face as he quickly became aware of how quiet Shield had been. He let out a quiet sigh and walked back over to his partner, sitting next to him and casting his line. 

"I'm not sure who or what you have on the outside, but you'll get to see them again. At least as long as I have anything to do with it." Beat said, his gaze straight ahead towards his bobber. He resummoned his smirk as he decided to include Shield in the lightening of the mood this time, "Well, we can't leave until I get the fish that stole my pole. Thems the rules."

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Fishing -  ID# 142867 results: Craft: 4 [0 Materials found] Loot: 17+8=25 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 134

Shield nodded to the sentiment of getting out of the game. He knew that Beat had struggled in the past with whether or not to really get out of the game or not. It was a point that had sparked one of the few legitimate fights between them. The significance of such a promise, though lofty and likely one of those promises that one should never actually promise, was not lost on Shield. He continued in his steady pattern of casting and reeling, slowly working his way back and forth over multiple casts to canvas his section of the lake. Finally, with a slight but distinct tug, Shield knew that he had been visited by whatever subaquatic Easter Bunny was gracing them with bundles of eggs. This load was plentiful, and he was more than happy to add it to his total.

As soon as Beat mentioned the condition of having to pay the fish back for making off with his pole, he gave a spirited exhale from his nostrils and a wry smirk. "That sounds like a 'you' problem." He gave a little snort at his own snarkiness before casting back out into the dark lake once again.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 142882: CD: 9 LD: 19 + 6 = 25 

3 T3 Mats and 8 Eggs

Totals: 
43 T3 Mats

148 eggs

Beat giggled, taking a small victory at getting Shield to come out of his shell, if even a little bit, "There he is!" Beat pumped his fist as he recast his line, "and it's going to be that fish's problem in a minute, just you wait." Beat spoke as he stared at the lightly rippling water surrounding his bobber as if to will the fish to come back for seconds. Minutes went by as Beat's patience continued to wane, "Man, I dunno how people do this in real life. Our catch rate is unreal compared to the time I went fishing with my d-" Before Beat could finish, he was pulled through the air and down into the water with a loud splash. 

Bubbles violently rose to the surface of the fishing hole for twenty seconds before a bright glow and a muffled crash came from beneath the surface of the water. Moments later a spear rose from the water, followed by a bloated, easter themed fish and a beaming Beat. "Revenge is mine!" 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Fishing -  ID# 142892 results: Craft: 1 [Nothing]

Total Loot:

"I would imagine in the real world it is a matter of being both productive and relaxed," Shield said, answering Beat's curiosity as best as he could. "It's providing food for the table and still allowing them time to unwind." He left out the part where he had spent the better part of his last two years engaged in that very activity and was speaking from experience. It wasn't specifically that there was any shame or embarrassment. It was more something that he was keeping for himself. Those times were his own, and they were something he enjoyed in a way.

The bobber at the end of his line remained undisturbed save for the rippling of the water. "I think I'm going to set aside the rest of this trip to track down some extra loot outside of the lake." He stood, reeling in his line and packing up his tackle, storing it away and checking to make sure his ring of keys and his seeking earring were both in place. "Go ahead and wrap up your fishing. I'll poke around."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Fishing: ID#143109: CD: 9 LD: 20 + 6 = 26

3 T3 Mats and 8 eggs

Totals: 
46 T3 Mats

156 eggs

Best stepped out of the water, the sounds of water falling off of him echoed through the cave as he stabbed his spear into the ground and shook his hair out, "This place has treasure chests too? Man, this quest is crazy good for farming. No wonder your shop is always over stocked." He said, swapping his vanity armor and clothes for another, dryer set. "Alright, now for the spoils of victory." Beat said triumphantly as he tapped the color fish to move it and the eggs it contained into storage. 

"Dude...Jackpot!" Beat's shout rang through the cave as the large fish disappeared only to reveal a slightly smaller fish that seemed to be bloated with easter eggs, "Is there a word for revenge, but like, way better?" Beat giggled to himself as he stored the items away, in total disbelief about his luck. "Alright, I'm right behind you." Beat said, still beaming as he stowed his rod and tackle back into his inventory. He was practically skipping to catch up to his partner as they walked out of the cave, "Can you imagine fishing if it was this much fun?"

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Searching for Chest - ID# 143106 results: Loot: 2+8=10 [No Chest found]

Total Loot:

"I'm pretty sure what you're describing is exactly how a lot of fishermen feel about actual fishing in the real world," Shield said dryly. He paced up and down the side of the chamber, feeling along the wall, paying special attention to his earring. He took slow steps, making sure not to gloss over any specific area. Up and down, even occasionally venturing closer to the water to see if he might be able to pick up something that was in the water itself, but alas, nothing. That is to say, he didn't find anything on the half of the cavern where they had been fishing.

With a sigh, he turned back to the fishing spot and broke out is fishing pole once again. "Change of plans. I'd like to avoid ending this on a disappointing note." He opened his tackle box and found one last gummy worm. "Last chance... let's not screw this up." He cast his line out into the water and waited expectantly. "You about ready to head out Beat? I'm heading back after this either way."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Searching: ID#143138: CD: 6 LD: 19 + 6 = 25 

3 Eggs and 2 T3 Mats

Totals: 
48 T3 Mats

159 eggs

Beat shook his head, small droplets still dripping from his hair, "Then why to people do it? It seems like camping would be just as relaxing without the cost, setup, and potential disappointment." Beat's hand ran along the cave wall, feeling each bump and curve, until his hand went through a deep indentation in the wall that was making a sort of stone shelf. Inside was a small bundle of eggs and a couple of gemstones that glimmered in the dim light of the cave. He enthusiastically tapped each item, watching it disappear into his inventory.  

"Cave treasure. See Shield, you were looking for a chest, that's where you went wrong." Beat said playfully as he resummoned his fishing rod and headed back towards the water. He stared at the faint reflection of himself in the water as he scanned for more treasure, "Yeah, one last catch should be enough for me I think." He said, nodding his head and baiting his hook again. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 143142 results: Craft: 3 [0 Materials found] Loot: 20+8=28 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 142

Shield waited, shaking his head and rolling his eyes at Beat's comment, but leaving it unanswered. "We'll have to keep in touch as things develop around potential guild matters. We may have something this time. I don't have a whole lot for you just yet, but when I do, I'll update you," he said. His pole dipped for a moment and then rose again, no further pulling or movement. Shield began to reel in his final catch. What emerged was a fishless find, but a full bundle of eggs. It was enough for now.

He set about properly packing up his gear again. "It was good to see you again, Beat," he said. Putting away the last of his things, he made for the exit. The winding of the tunnels of the twenty first floor were like second nature to him at this point, and he moved through them as easily as though they were the halls of his own home. Getting back to Tomoika was muscle memory. At the teleportation plaza, he gave his old ally one last salute before stepping in.

"Teleport, Taft!"

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Fishing: ID#143152: CD: 8 :LD 6+6 = 12

6 eggs , 2 T3 mats

Totals:

50 T3 mats 

165 eggs

"If it's you and Baldur planning it, I'm sure it will be better than our old guild, so yes, keep me posted." Beat said, as he threw his bobber back into the water and watched it float, peacefully, in the water. The idea of joining another guild was not particularly appealing to him, but he trusted Shield's judgement and he knew Baldur well enough to know he could be counted upon as well. 

Strength in numbers Daigo. Solo doesn't work on the frontlines. It's the only way we get everyone out alive. 

He perked up as his final catch of the day came to him in the form of a decently size fish and a sizable basket of eggs. He shook his head at the ridiculousness of the event as he stowed his find and dismissed his fishing rod. Beat looked to the cave exit and waved to his friend, "You too, Shield." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Thread Rewards]

[Shield]

4SP

142 Eggs

36 T3 Mats

1388 col

[Beat]

4SP

165 Eggs

50 T3 mats

1387 col