[PP-F21-E3] <<Natures Treasure>> Let's just blame Shield for this one - ADVENTURE

It wasn't a lie

Mari was taking a break from fishing; chewing on a pizza roll absently, it was the last one she had - and she had been saving it for some sort of hunting adventure... so why not now? Besides, with Cordelia and Oscar, Mari was sure she wouldn't be short of food any time soon. Her time with Shield had been overall, pleasant. It was nice to be able to talk to someone closer to her own age - who matched her wit and who was just as fine with the small silences that Mari cherished.

Ding

"Huh..." Mari sat up from her leisurely position against a large rock. Dusting the pastry flakes off her hands. Who could possibly be..."Oh..It wasn't a lie!?." There was no doubt that Shield would have laughed if he saw the look that had fallen over her face.

To: Mari

Sure, I'm just grabbing a quick bite to eat. I'll be there soon.

Mari coughed. Beating her chest a couple times to dislodge the dry, flaky pastry from her throat. "S-So uhh... Baldur's coming." Mari said as she shifted her gaze to Shield. He gave her a wry grin, rising his shoulder in a shrug. "Hang on, hang on..." Mari said as she hastily wrote a reply. It'd probably help if she told him their location. Neither one of them had moved all that much since they met. It was a well lit spot, safe from spawns, and provided each of them copious amounts of chocolate eggs.

To: Baldur

I'm with Shield by the waterfall on the 21st Floor. Take your time.

"There." Mari said with a sense of finality. "I suppose we should get back to it, those dungeon maps won't pay  for themselves. Right?"  She offered Shield a grin as she strolled over to him and gave him a hearty slap on his back. "How about a competition, see who fishes up the most eggs in this run? What should the winner get? Or better yet, what punishment does the looser get?" Competition, friendly competition - that'd be a good way to calm her nerves.

Pizza Roll LD III Consumed
+3 LD

@Shield @Baldur
(Just setting up when ready ~)

General
Level: 62 | HP: 1270  |Energy: 124

STATS

DAM: 14 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | LD+3

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Burn 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'
'Burn Damage' of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10 - Unmitigated

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Edited by Mari
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Event

Spoiler

Event will run until April 22, 2020

The Easter Bunny has scattered Chocolate Eggs all around Aincrad. Eg, Egg, n Eggy - three children of dubious morals and ravenous sweet-tooths (teeth? teeths?) - need your help to find as many Chocolate Eggs as possible! Chocolate Eggs may be found by hunting mobs, gathering materials, or even fishing! Bring enough to Eg, Egg, and Eggy in exchange for amazing prizes!

Chocolate Eggs may be found via looting slain mobs on a LD9+
CD1-3: 2 Eggs
CD4-6: 3 Eggs
CD7-9: 5 Eggs
CD10-12: 6 Eggs
Chocolate Eggs may be found via gathering on a LD6+
CD1-3: 1 Egg
CD4-6: 2 Eggs
CD7-9: 3 Eggs
CD11-12: 4 Eggs
If gathering with Full Energy:
CD1-3: 2 Eggs
CD4-6: 3 Eggs
CD7-9: 5 Eggs
CD10-12: 6 Eggs
Chocolate Eggs may be found via fishing on a CD3+
LD1-5: 2 Eggs
LD6-10: 4 Eggs
LD11-15: 6 Eggs
LD16-20: 8 Eggs
Chocolate Eggs are a bonus drop and will be obtained in addition to any other items.

Shield

Spoiler

» Shield, The Immovable Object

• Modified HP:
  • Modified EN:
  • Modified MIT:
  • Modified ACC:
  • Modified DMG:
  • Modified EVA:
  • Battle Heal:
  • Search:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1750
  • Base EN: 166
  • Base MIT: 169
  • Base ACC: 0
  • Base DMG: 2
  • Base EVA: -1
  • Battle Heal: 85 HP
  • Search: +5

» Items Equipped:

• Seeking Aura - +3 Search
  • Raw Passion - +3 Prosperity
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Golden  Keys x7 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • Golden  Keys x3 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x4 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard

» Skills:

• Searching | 5 Ranks | +5 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing | 5 Ranks | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (85HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • First Aid | 5 Ranks | +4% HP per rank (+20% HP) on Post Action
  • Picking | Purchased | +3 LD when opening chests
  • Heavy Armor | 5 Rank | +35 Mitigation
  • Energize | Purchased |  Restore 8 EN to target
  • Block | 5 Ranks | +25 Mitigation
  • Howl | Purchased | +2 Hate against each opponent (up to 4)
  • Fighting Spirit | Purchased | +1 Hate when using Howl or Focused Howl
  • Parry | Purchased 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%
  • Fishing | Purchased | Fish for equipment and gain prestige among old men

» Extra Skills:

• Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Healer |  3 Ranks | +135 HP (Does not require post action)
  • Martial Arts | 1 Rank | +1 Base Damage per slot with Unarmed Weapons
  • Meditation | Purchased | Recover an additional 15 EN on Post Action | 3 Turn Cooldown
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +30 HP
  • Focused Howl: +4 Hate against single target on Post Action
  • Dismantling: +2 LD when opening chests
  • Stone Wall: +Gain 10 MIT and 45 HP from heavy armor. Reduces DOT by 25%. -1 to Evasion.
  • Justified RiposteA successful Parry also stuns the target for 1 turn. | 3 Turn Cool Down
  • Vengeful RiposteA successful Parry returns 50% of DMG back to your opponent - mitigatable. | 3 Turn Cool Down

Fishing

Spoiler

ID# 139909 results: Craft: 12 + Loot: 16+8=24 [Chest found, 8 Eggs found]

Total Loot

Eggs: 8

It was all he could do not to dig into Mari more regarding Baldur, but he was determined to actually be nice and not create extra tension while Baldur was present, so he figured he might as well start now. Casting out his line once more felt nice. Breaks were helpful, but he always felt most productive when active, and sitting for long periods was never comfortable for him. His bobber landed, and in the process of dragging it back in, he hit a clear snag. Just around this time, Mari had mentioned a friendly contest.

Heaving with his legs and upper body together, he managed to drag the heavy object up out of the depths and leaned his elbow on the lid. "Uh huh. And how do you propose we balance out the fact that I'm going to be the one spending extra time away from fishing to open up these bad boys, huh?" Even as he asked, he was already turning his gears on a proposal. "How about this... a handicap for my time spent handling chests, counting me as having more eggs than I've physically found. My average number of eggs per cast is..." he paused, counting quickly on the fingers of one hand before  lifting his head again, "about four point six repeating eggs per cast. I'll be generous and say a handicap of four eggs per chest I open."

Edited by Shield

Did she look okay? No. Probably not. She never did, even when she was all dolled up at the gala. She never did. But did she at least look acceptable?

A quick, cursory glance downward as she smoothed out her clothes. At least they weren't dirty. They looked clean, and she smelt clean - that's about as much as Mari could ask for. Besides, she had never preened herself any other time when meeting Baldur - so why should this be any different. Friends. They were just friends, and it wasn't like Mari was planning on admitting anything today - she sincerely just wanted to hang out with him and ask him advice on frontline builds - see what it was missing beyond her general understanding of tanks + healers.

Hanging out with Shield had its moments too - she had mostly enjoyed the time. Even with the terse introduction. "Hmmm..." Mari feigned thought as she cast out her line. "It's not like you have to open all the chests. You could always nudge it back in with those big ol' boots of yours." Mari gave her line a tug. "Counterpoint. I know opening my own would yield less - but how about we all open our own chests?"  Poor Baldur, Mari was already counting him in on the competition - despite him knowing nothing of it.

"Lets see..." Mari felt a tug on her line and slowly began to reel it in, albeit on purpose. "What. Would. Shield. Dislike...Hmm, you pin me as the pragmatic type, so you wouldn't agree to something that would net you too much of a loss. I also worry that if I pick something too outlandish you'd match it with equal fervor." She continued to reel up her rod - and finding nothing she sighed. It seems like she might loose already. She best not make the punishment too harsh. "Okay. I win - I want 3 free consumable identifications. Also- just because you've made me suffer a bit, I'll take you to ramen. My treat but you'll be eating a broth that's made with oh I don't know 90% spice and chilli."  Even if he enjoyed the spice- he'd still be sweating and uncomfortable.

@Shield

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
ID: 139966  CD:1  LD: 13+3

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139937 results: Loot: 5+7=12

• [1-3] = A <<Mimic>> 
  • [4-7] = 1,050 Col, 2 T3 materials, 2 uncommon consumables
  • [8-11] = 1,575 Col, 3 T3 materials, 2 rare consumables
  • [12-15] = 2,100 Col, 5 T3 materials, rare weapon, 2 rare consumables
  • [16-20] = 3,150 Col, 8 T3 materials, perfect armor/shield, 2 rare consumables
  • [21-23] = 4,200 Col, 10 T3 materials, 2 perfect weapon, perfect consumable
  • [24-25] = 5,250 Col, 12 T3 materials, perfect weapon, perfect armor/shield, 2 perfect consumables

Total Loot

Eggs: 8
Col: 2,100
Materials: 5
Rare Weapons: [139937a]
Rare Consumables: [139937b] [139937c]

"Oh, we both know that not opening chests isn't going to happen," Shield said, already fishing out his ring of golden keys. "You're the one who pegged me for a pragmatist. But that does bring up an interesting thought," he continued, holding out the key. It dissolved, and moments later the lid popped open a few inches. "I have a feeling that my bonuses for egg finding are probably higher than yours since I've dabbled so far into Scouting." He examined the list of loot in the chest and frowned. "Not that you would know it from what we've been finding. Christ."

Shield collected the contents and straightened up as the chest shattered into thin air. "Perhaps then, the wager is that I must spend time opening chests as a handicap." With his task completed, he stepped closer to Mari, taking full advantage of his height difference. "Let's up the stakes. Let's make it two bowls of the ramen, and we'll invite Baldur as a witness to my shame. You're having dinner no matter who loses." He paced slowly around behind her. "But if I win, I won't be there. Because you're having dinner just with Baldur." He jutted his face out so his face was right over her shoulder, just in her peripherals.

"A date. Candle-lit. And you'd better believe I'll talk him into accepting, so don't you dare use that as an excuse." Without hesitating, Shield extended a hand around in front of her so that it as just in hand shaking range.

Edited by Shield

Mari sighed as she fixed the lure on the end of her line, and let it go, allowing it to swing out freely. "Yeh, when you said your average was six bloody eggs - I figured you had some sort of bonus - If you're opening my chests too though -I'd appreciate the mats from them at the very least - I know how pricey gold keys can be so I won't' coerce any Col out of you." Mari fluttered her lashes. "Because I'm a nice person." She joked. Mari threw out her line, letting it plop into the water several feet away.

She glanced to the side, watching him open the chest - it looked like a poor haul from his reaction. "Heh, yeh apparently that's how they are - what do they call them? Loot box mechanics? Gotta weed through several crappy ones before that one good one." Mari pulled up her line to reveal just two eggs hanging from the side. She grimaced, this was already turning out to be poor. She shouldn't have been so quick to try and compete against him.

"Are you implying, that no matter what - I must eat a bowl of that god awful spice ramen?" Mari lamented. Course, she actually didn't mind spicy food herself - its part of why she had chosen such a thing in case it backfired like it was now. "That's not entirely fair.She wasn't sure how she felt with Shield involving Baldur, Mari was doing her best to just keep things from spiraling. The displeasure was clear on her facial features. "Mmmm....but what if he says-" Nope. Shield wasn't having any of that. Mari pursed her lips, cheeks red as she realized he had bested her before she even got the chance to fight back. She stared back out at the lake, crossing one arm over her chest in thought.

So if she won, she'd get some free identifications; since he hadn't denied that - but she'd be stuck eating noodles with him and Baldur, not entirely bad. If she lost - he wanted to set up some awkward date. "I unno." Mari began. "My acceptance of this is only if the third party is willing. I don't like the idea of coercing someone unwitting into some strange hair brained scheme. So."

Mari turned to him, repeating the conditions. "If I win - all three of us enjoy some spicy hot ramen, and I get three free identifications from you. If you win - I'll even throw in some potions for you - and I'm off to...a uh...D-Dinner...I guess?" Her confidence faltered at the last part, but her hand was already extended and she had already clasped his hand - which swallowed her own.

@Shield

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
ID: 139938  CD: 6 LD: 1+3=4
2 eggies 3 materials

-2 x Eggies
- 3 x T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139939 results: Craft: 3 [0 Materials found] Loot: 6+8=14 [6 Eggs found]

Eggs: 14

"I wasn't requiring anyone else to eat spicy ramen that didn't want to," Shield said, giving her hand one firm shake up and down before returning to his fishing tackle and picking up his pole. "Normally I would plan for a contingency should Baldur refuse the invitation, but I suppose that's just an extra gamble that I'm choosing to take." With that, he turned to the waters and cast, listening through the semi-darkness for the tell-tale plop of a baited hook hitting the water, which he heard a moment later.

"Of course, Baldur is a dear friend," Shield added, his competitive intensity wearing off a little. "I would never force him into a dating situation he didn't want to be in. I might give him a nudge, but that is as far as that would go. Don't worry." He gave a sidelong glance to Mari as he felt a tug on his line. "I mean... you should probably worry a little, but not about Baldur. More about your shrinking chances of winning" He hauled in another decent sized bundle of eggs and gave a whistle. "Maybe a little more than a little worried." His lips twisted up at the corners in the wry smile that had graced so much of their interactions today. "Starting to look like that handicap isn't enough of a handicap, huh?"

Edited by Shield

Mari let go of his hand and offered him a wry smile. "Yanno I should be somewhat flattered." She mused. "You're close to Baldur, you'd want what was best for him - or at the very least, not want anything untoward to happen to him." She paused. "Unless that untoward thing is in the form of a terribly spicy treat." She added. Her tone shifted back to a more thoughtful tone. "What I'm trying to say is - I guess It's kinda nice to have that approval from someone so close to him, even if I suspect that 'approval'  is partly just to watch me squirm."

Mari didn't quite expect such behavior from him, but looks could be deceiving. Mari was flustered and frustrated, but if she truly wanted him to stop she'd tell him - and Mari assumed he'd be the kinda person to respect those wishes. "This is  just friends catching up though, right?" Mari asked as she found a small place on the ground to sit, not too far from Shield. Mari threw out her line. Almost immediately she had to pull back in it hard. It felt like it had snagged on a rock or something. "Wh-ahh.." She struggled to reel in the line, with a final jerk she pulled out a large batch of eggs.

Mari laughed as she leaned toward Shield, jiggling the line in his face. "Don't count me out just me just yet, Icarus~" She jested.

@Shield @Baldur

ID: 139941  CD: 3  LD: 20+3
8 eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
10 x eggies
3 x T3 materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139993 results: Craft: 3 [0 Materials found] Loot: 14+8=22 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 22

"He's a busy guy," Shield said, giving a little shrug. "I'm not saying you two are a match, because I really only know what you've told me about you. You seem decent enough though, and it sounds as though Baldur already thinks well of you." He turned his eyes back to the lake, reeling back his arm and letting his line fly. "I figure if giving you a nudge gives him an opportunity to find some happiness aside from just working on the front lines, it's worth a shot."

The spirit of competition was still strong within Shield, but with the more subtle and serious sentiments Mari had expressed, he had come down somewhat out of his aggro, provocateur mode into his homeostasis of collected impassivity. As he settled back into the rhythm of fishing, he wound up his line once again and immediately felt the extra drag from a snagged bundle of eggs. As it emerged from the water, full to bursting with a fresh bundle of Easter treats, Shield momentarily slipped back into competition mode. "What was that about counting you out?"

Edited by Shield

Mari nodded at his words, they made sense - he really only had her word - as much as she only had his, and words rarely meant anything. Actions. It was your actions that dictated who you were, truly. Mari wasn't too sure if Baldur thought well of her, or even if he thought of her at all - but those things didn't bother her. She really just wanted to spend time with a friend - and ask him advice on the frontlines.  It was Shield. Yes Shield with his scheming and cunning plans that had laid down some sort of devious trap.

Mari felt the tip of her rod pull down hard, as she began to reel it in. Mari slid across the ground and had to push herself to a standing position; feet spaced evenly apart as she braced herself. Mari shot Shield a large grin. "Oh yeh!?" Mari said with a cocky grin. "I'll show you." She ripped up her rod with one final 'Hiyaaa!" And the triumphant look she had quickly turned into one of dismay, as on the end of her fishing line was nothing more than a patch of seaweed, and a broken lure. With the way the rod had bent she thought she had a large haul, instead - she had managed to snag it on the bottom of the lake.

Mari pursed her lips, still standing over Shield she brandished a single, manicured finger at him. "Don't you dare!" She warned. "Don't you dare!"

@Baldur @Shield

ID: 140181   CD:1  LD:9+3=12

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
10 x eggies
3 x T3 materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 140216 results: Craft: 12 + Loot: 13+8=21 [Treasure Chest found, 8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 30

Shield pulled his lips inside his mouth and bit down on them, keeping his eyes straight forward and holding his breath. Tiny little snorts of air squeaked out from his nostrils as he focused as intently as he could manage on his fishing. It was everything he could do not to laugh, but he held it in. As he pulled his line back in, he too snagged on something.

Ah, good. Mari could use a chance to have a laugh at my expense. I've been ribbing her pretty hard, so it's about time she-

The water bulged and parted to reveal yet another treasure chest, with seaweed and ornate eggs draped over its convex lid like some kind of exotic, Atlantic jewelry. His mouth opened, paused, and then closed again. Silently, he strode forward and hauled the container back up onto the shore, trying very, very hard to look preoccupied in the process of retrieving his keys. He could almost feel the death glare that Mari was likely giving him right now, or perhaps he was merely anticipating it given her warning just a moment before.

Don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact...

Edited by Shield

Mari sighed as she threw out her lure. She could see him struggling not to laugh. "Laugh now, go on, I dare you." she chided. "It'll only fuel me - only make me strive to do better. Purely so I can wipe that grin off your rugged lil' face." Just as she said those words her rod almost doubled over, Mari grit her teeth and quickly yanked hard before reeling in her catch. She had managed to fish up over half a dozen eggs.

"Ohoho~" Mari said with a grin, "I see your luck is turning."

Mari was about to tease him, finally -finally it was HER turn. And OH how the tables would have turned, but the triumphant smirk quickly disappeared as he pulled up a chest, adorned with eggs as though they were briny barnacles. Her grin fell and she dropped to her knees, hands bracing her fall. "Goddammit, I've already lost haven't I?"  Her friend wasn't even here yet - but Mari was so far behind she doubted she'd be able to catch up. She'd have to taste bitter defeat.

@Shield @Baldur

ID: 140437  CD:4  LD: 19
8 Eggies 2 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
18 x eggies
5 x T3 materials

Edited by Mari

"Lost what?" Baldur called out as he slowly made his way into the underground grotto where he was supposed to meet Mari and Shield for some fishing. At this point, Shield should just charge admission for the number of people he was taking along with him to his special, secluded place. The atmosphere was almost romantic, save for the expression of Shield's barely contained laughter and Mari's palpable despair.

"Oh man, another chest Shield? That's almost rotten luck."

Baldur smiled and gave the two a nod.

"Sorry, I spent most of the morning fishing, and had to take a break to go and get some food and stretch my legs for a bit."

Baldur cast out his line.

"How are the fish biting today?"

He was really only after the upgrade stamp, though a few of the other items could be extremely useful to him if he could get them in time. He wanted a sword that was equal to the Muramasa so that it didn't feel like quite the power gap when he switched out.

ID#141355 CD: 11 LD: 20+3
Materials: +4, +1 housing bonus
Eggs: +8

Baldur:

Spoiler

» Baldur, The Gaijin Samurai

• Modified HP:
  • Modified EN:
  • Modified MIT:
  • Modified ACC:
  • Modified DMG:
  • Modified EVA: 
  • Battle Heal:
  • Search:
  • Temp Buff: 
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1350
  • Base EN: 132
  • Base MIT: 79
  • Base ACC: 1 (2 and does not automatically miss on 1s with Warden's Fury)
  • Base DMG: 19 (with fighting familiar)
  • Muramasa Base DMG: 22 (No bonus from familiar)
  • Base EVA: 2
  • Battle Heal: 53 HP
  • Search: +3

» Items Equipped:

• Warden's Fury - Absolute Accuracy/2 Paralyze
  • OR Muramasa - +12 Damage
  • Montsuki haori - 54 DMG MIT/+1 EVASION
  • Bandit's Lucky Rabbits Foot +3 LD
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Medium Damage Potion x7 | Rare T2 Item | +2 Damage
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x1 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Max Mass HP Recovery Crystal x7 | Perfect T2 Item | +30*Target Tier (30/60/90)
  • Max T2 HP Recovery Crystal II x5 | Perfect T2 Item | +180 HP
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard
  • HB: Max Vitality Snack x2 | Rare Tier 2 | Grants +12 Energy
  • EWL: Medium Antidote Potion x1 | Rare Tier 2 | Immune to negative status effects for 2 turns
  • EWL: Muramasa or Warden's Fury
  • EWL: Emerald Teardrop - +2 ACC/+1 EVASION

» Skills:

• Searching | Rank 0/5 | +0 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing | 4 Rank | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (45HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • Charge | 5 ranks | +1 base damage per rank (+5 damage) once per opponent per combat
  • One Handed Curved Sword | Rank 1/5 | Novice
  • Katana | Rank 5/5 | Grand Master
  • Light Armor | 5 Rank | +25 Mitigation
  • Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter |  3 Ranks | +9 base damage (Does not stack with equipment)
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post
  • Extended Weight Limit | Purchased | Increases Battle Ready Inventory by 3
  • Parry | Purchased | 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%
  • Quick Change | Purchased | Swap Equipment as a free action | 3 Turn Cooldown
  • Fishing | Purchased | Fish for equipment and gain prestige among old men

» Housing Bonus:

• Rested: -1 Energy on first 2 uses
  • Filling: Add 1 extra slot to food
  • Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory slot
  • Relaxed: Out of Combat regen 5*Tier and recover all energy in 2 turns

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +30 HP
  • Katana Precision: +1 to Accuracy
  • Katana Ferocity: +1 damage on katana sword arts
  • Sprint & Acrobatics: +1 Evasion
  • Finesse: Rank 3 | -3 Energy cost to sword arts

Edited by Baldur
Spoiler

Opening Chest: ID# 141356 results: Loot: 1+7=8

• [1-3] = A <<Mimic>> 
  • [4-7] = 1,050 Col, 2 T3 materials, 2 uncommon consumables
  • [8-11] = 1,575 Col, 3 T3 materials, 2 rare consumables
  • [12-15] = 2,100 Col, 5 T3 materials, rare weapon, 2 rare consumables
  • [16-20] = 3,150 Col, 8 T3 materials, perfect armor/shield, 2 rare consumables
  • [21-23] = 4,200 Col, 10 T3 materials, 2 perfect weapon, perfect consumable
  • [24-25] = 5,250 Col, 12 T3 materials, perfect weapon, perfect armor/shield, 2 perfect consumables

Total Loot:

Col: 3,675
Materials: 8
Rare Consumables: [139937b] [139937c] [141356a] [141356b] 

Shield attempted to cover as best he could to recover his composure, bending down to open the chest. His amusement died as soon as he opened it. "Well, the fish are biting better than the chests are opening, I can tell you that much," he groaned, collecting the paltry haul and watching with some vindictive satisfaction as this destroyed the chest. He straightened up and reclaimed his fishing pole. "No need to apologize, Baldur. We're just glad you could join us."

Although he had spent the better part of his time with Mari taking cheap shots at her, Shield had always been one to be able to contain his emotions when the heat was on, and things were definitely in danger of 'heating up.' He was composed now, standing to address the samurai. "As far as what she's going to lose, I'd wager a large portion of her dignity. We've got a friendly little competition to see who can fish up more eggs. Feel free to get in on the action." This last part was subtle, but certainly not too subtle for Mari to likely pick up on one last dig at her expense.

Edited by Shield

Mari threw her line into the water again, good - Shield had to open a chest. That gave her more time to catch up.

"Lost what?" 

Mari almost dropped her rod. Crap. What terrible timing! Well... it could have been worse. Mari probably would have died if Baldur came in when Shield was talking about candlelit dinners and the like. Mari flinched as she turned to look at him. Her cheeks blushed a deep red. "H-Hey Baldur. Glad you could make it." She had to turn her attention to her rod as it began to whirr- something was pulling on the line. Mari gave a quick jerk to snag her catch then slowly began to reel it in. Her heart was beating so hard she felt like it was going to burst out of her chest. It wasn't normally like this around him...was it the fear that Shield would do or say something? Or maybe the stupid bet she so foolishly made with Shield.

"Dignity..." Mari said in a mocking tone. "Dignity he says!" she scoffed as she started to shove eggs away into her inventory. "Won't be that way if I win!" she claimed. All she had to do was stay confident. Mari shook her head. This was...rather embarassing.

"It's ok Baldur." Mari said with a smile as she looked up at him. "We've been having some pretty interesting conversations actually. I've been wanting to figure out what to do with all these spare skill points  I have. Shield tells me the frontlines may need a healer?" Right...get his mind off of any sort of competition...get it onto things he could occupy himself with.

Shield added another comment, a jab no doubt at her as he offered for Baldur to get in on the action. Mari dropped her rod and it clattered to the ground. When Baldur wasn't looking Mari pointed to shield then to her throat as she slid her finger across it. "Oops, clumsy me."

@Baldur @Shield

ID: 141358
CD: 7 LD: 14+3
8 Eggies 2 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
24x eggies
7 x T3 materials

Edited by Mari

"A wager eh? What other than dignity is the wager? I've been having a fair bit of luck lately, maybe I'll partake."

Baldur reeled his line back in, pulling up a huge bundle of eggs and netting himself a few materials in the process. He was going to have a wealth of materials unlike he had ever had to grind for before. He never knew fishing could be so lucrative in this regard. He would have taken it up a long time before.

"Tanks and healers." Baldur said once he had thrown his line back out to continue the conversation. "We have a shortage of either, and since both Shield and Hestia can do both, but we can't move them both, it puts us in a team building conundrum. If Hestia gets put into a party she's either the tank or the healer, but we can't put her into a party with a tank to be a healer, without losing the tank for another healer. So the utility is nice, but doesn't help as much in team comp. Calrex isn't built to be a tank, but he doubles as one because of his hit points and mitigation. So really, we have a dearth of everything except people putting the pointy end in the other guy."

Baldur's memory flashed back to floor 23's boss fight.

"Though sometimes who the other guy can be fluid in a boss fight..." it was clear that last tidbit annoyed Baldur to no end.

"But there's also no up and coming healers or tanks that I'm aware of. Barring anyone who has several skill points and slots free to suddenly dump into a skill tree, we're not getting any anytime soon either."

ID#141414
CD: 8 (+2 materials, +1 housing bonus)
LD: 18+3 (+8 eggs)

Eggs: 16

Edited by Baldur
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 141419 results: Craft: 2 [Nothing]

Total Loot:

"Nothing too outrageous," Shield said, putting on his best poker face as he cast out his line. "There's a ramen place Mari told me about, and the loser has to take the other one out to eat. If you'd like to throw your hat in the ring, I'd say that should be fine. Loser buys for the other two." This actually made things much simpler for Shield. All he had to do at this point was to not lose and then conveniently 'forget' about dinner.

Perfect... Although I do suddenly feel like I'm in a Rom Com.... Eh, screw it, Lindsay Lohan can't have all the fun.

Shield's line came back empty, unfortunately, but he didn't let it phase him. Although numbers could be cruel and random, in theory they should still be on his side. "On the subject of tanks and healers, I have already done a little scouting around the town of beginnings, and even met another player by luck. Two players overall, both aspiring tanks, one planning to spec into healing. It's not much to go off of, but it's a start. Mari actually knows the girl, Yuki, personally."

Edited by Shield

He wanted to join!? Mari opened her mouth to say that maybe, just maybe that wasn't a good idea. Shield beat her to it. Claiming the looser had to take the other one out to eat. Did he...change it? Mari gave Shield a questioning look. So...it was just going to be the three of them after all? That didn't sound too bad. No candlelit dinners. No date just a meal with...friends. Mari could get behind that. "Yehuh, but if Shield looses he has to have a bowl filled with spice and chilli. It'd be much nicer with you joining us." Mari said with a grin. 

Baldur dived into it. He started talking about the frontlines in the manner Mari expected. He mentioned Hestia, Mari had heard that name a few times now but had yet to meet the person. He said there was a shortage, and mentioned there wasn't really anyone to dump several skill points and slots into a skill tree. Mari cleared her throat. "Ahem. Baldur..." She pointed at herself. "I just said I had a bunch of skill points lying around. Part of why I invited you out here today was to maybe talk about that." She shifted her gaze from Baldur to Shield, then back to Baldur. She was half expecting him to quip or say something again. "Right now...I'm a DPS/DoT..." She lowered her gaze to the rod in her hands. "And a bit of a poor one at that." She mumbled. Mari remembered the fight against the Forgotten Time King, and how little health she had chipped off it compared to everyone else. How worthless and pathetic she felt. Maybe she could make up for it by adding healing into her repertoire.

Mari drew in a breath began to reel in her line, feeling a sharp pull on it. Thankful for the break in discussion and the distraction. Mari had to yank it hard over her shoulder to snag whatever was pulling on the line. As she reeled it in, a large pile of eggs tumbled onto the riverbank.

After hauling in her pile of eggs Mari stretched then shifted to sit down, she had been standing enough now. Her legs sprawled out to the side as she started to fiddle with her fishing rod, retying a few knots in the fishing line. She gave a sideward glance to Baldur and couldn't help but wear a light smile. There really was something about him that put her at ease. She wondered if everyone felt that way about him. "I uh..." She realized she may have been staring, Mari quickly shifted her attention back to her rod. "I'm now level 63- so have around 9 skill slots but..." She paused as she opened her HUD. "Let's see this is my current build..." She murmured looking at her menu.  "So I should have a few spare slots left for things. By the time the boss battle rolls around I should be around level 65 if I continue on my current pace. What would I need to help?" She asked as she patted the ground beside her, offering Baldur a seat. "Can I bribe you with tea to help?"

@Baldur @Shield

ID:141445  CD: 12 LD: 13+3
8 Eggies 3 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
30 x eggies
10 x T3 materials

Edited by Mari

"Hmm..." Baldur uttered in thought.

"Well, respeccing costs a lot of time and resources. But if you want to go with a DoT type attack, and be healer, then you should go with the hide and trickster route. The benefit this gives you, is 100% chance of activation of all of your status effects, without the need for accuracy or chance. Typically people don't need healing at the start of a fight, so that's a perfect chance to go through the motions to apply your DoT. Plus, with certain performer debuffs, you can double their damage or their duration, though not both."

Baldur threw the line out into the water to continue fishing, lost in thought at the moment as he dredged up everything rattling around in the back of his mind.

"The trick with healing is that the mods are an essential part of it. Shield knows more of this then I do, but First Aid is the mod that you need to pair with it, that lets you heal a party. I think it would be a pretty good build to combine the two. If you pick up the vanish skill as well, it'll let you apply another Trickster attack. Between those three things, you could keep your DoTs up 100% of the time, and then spend the down time healing. Since trickster debuffs your upfront damage, having a dagger would take less of a hit than other weapons."

He didn't want to come out and say that the dagger was a bad choice for a weapon, but if the intent was to do damage through DoTs instead of sword arts, then it didn't really matter.

"Sorry, I'm not trying to rebuild your entire character sheet. Picking up healing will definitely be a great stopgap. I'd really like to try and help raise up some dedicated support characters though. Having Shield and Hestia use Sharpen, and Barrier, and Energize are incredibly helpful. A few well placed Sharpens and Energizes can turn good DPS into great DPS."

ID#141512 CD: 4 LD: 15+3
+1 Material, +1 Housing Bonus, +8 Eggs

Materials: 10
Eggs: 24

Edited by Baldur
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 141524 results: Craft: 10 [3 Materials found] Loot: 20+8=28 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 38
Materials: 11

Shield waited until Baldur was busy throwing out his line and made contact with Mari, raising an eyebrow and shaking his head in a clear 'no, you're not off the hook' gesture. He then wound up and tossed out his own line, waiting for something to bite.

"I would agree that minimal respeccing would be preferable to a whole rebuild," he said, giving a thoughtful nod. "First and foremost, maxing out First Aid is a must. If that maxes you out and you simply can't respec any more SP in time, then the next best thing is to split the middle on backup strategies. Having a dedicated single-target healer with a stack of Mass Heal Crystals would be fantastic. I could even lend you a set of Life Mending armor for the fight, providing it isn't bought before then."

He gave his crank a slow turn, letting the line meander back to him through the water.. "Now, having the heal mods would also be very helpful. Field Medic for one, and barrier for another. A fifteen percent reduction of all mitigatable damage for the entire party is amazing. Now the one concern about your proposal, Baldur, is just how much of a dip it takes to flesh out the stealth attack. That mod is only available if you grandmaster the entire skill first, and that means proposing two full 5-rank skills. I think that our best bet for right now it so focus healer with skills, and to magnify DoT with buffs - Toxic Venom applied to weapon, any DoT consumables we can find from quests, and then focus on doubling damage rather than duration. The problem with doubling duration is that hitting again and proccing again means you're erasing some of the damage you would have dealt. It's much safer to try to guarantee as much as you can up frowoaaah!"

Shield almost lost his pole as a strong tug yanked it part-way out of his hands. He gripped tighter, fixed his hand position, and then began to reel. It came smoothly, though not quickly or easily, and upon arrival, it clearly carried a hefty load of eggs.

Edited by Shield

Baldur didn't take her offer for a seat beside her. That was fine, he seemed more preoccupied with talking about builds and skill point allocation. He delved deeper into it. Talking about getting hide and trickster. Mari bit her lip, she didn't have that much free SP. Mari fiddled with her rod, retying the lure. Maybe this was a bad idea after all..she just wanted to be able to help the frontlines, and find out how she'd be able to do so - better herself from where she was now. "Ahh...Yeh... I could probably grandmaster one more skill before the boss. Maybe. I'd need to go out and do some grinding but..." She paused as she cast out her line. "It should be doable...If I need to I don't mind revamping my build - I'm not attached to it." She chanced a smile. "Whatever helps, right?"

Mari shook her head as Baldur apologized. "It's fine. I don't mind hearing this. Right now I have grandmastered Light Armour, dagger,  battle healing, charge...hmm and a few unlocked skills like Survival  and I've mastered my Familiar. I trained Kohaku in damage."

She  began to reel in her line, pulling a large bushel of 8 eggs up to the shore. She flashed Shield a wry grin. Happy that her luck had seemed to turn.

Mari paused in her fishing as she lay the rod across her lap. As Baldur was hauling in his catch Mari gave Shield a look as if to say 'this clearly won't happen

Mari fiddled with her rod. "I think...dagger may have been a bad idea. The only other dagger user I know of is Hikoru. And gosh...that fight against the Forgotten Time King??" Mari rose a hand to run through her hair. "I couldn't even crack a hundred in damage. My weapon is completely specialized in bleed and burn. Ugh what was I thinking!?"

Mari went to close her HUD, when she noticed something in her inventory. She had almost forgotten about that.

Crap...she should probably give it to him how...whilst she still remembered. "Baldur..." Mari began with a quiet voice as she pulled the crystal from her inventory. "Speaking of recording crystals I made something for you. Well not made but recorded and..." She felt like she was rambling. Mari picked up the glimmering recording crystal and held it up and out to him. Her arm fully extended as she shifted uncomfortably upon her mock seat on the ground.

"I-its the violin tune. It may be off half a second but I tried to play in a way that loops, so you can carry it with you and always have that 'ambient background music' you always thought you heard." Mari shifted her gaze away, she'd hate to see what Shields face was like right now She cleared her throat with a small cough. "I c-can try to craft up some mass heals. I'm not high ranked but I can always give it a go." She tried to shift the topic back to her build. Baldur seemed very eager to talk strategies and possible builds, best not linger on gifts for too long. Right?

@Shield @Baldur

ID:141838  CD:7 LD:20+3=23
2 Materials 8 Eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
38 x eggies
10 x T3 materials

Edited by Mari