[PP-F21-E3] <<Natures Treasure>> Let's just blame Shield for this one - ADVENTURE

"Fine, fine. Y-ya got me." Mari said in defeat. She put her own rod away. Despite loosing, she had honestly enjoyed her time with the two, but in loosing...Mari didn't feel right about one thing. This whole tit-for-tat that went on between her and Shield...right under his nose. Mari didn't want to drag Baldur any further into their schemes without him having some insight...also, it'd probably do her some good to get it off her chest- and she doubted Shield would expect such a move from her.

Mari turned from Shield to face Baldur. "Hey. Baldur - I kinda got something I need to tell you." She paused, waiting to see if she had his attention. Now that she had it, she wasn't so sure anymore. "I...I..." Sh*t  This wasn't some pathetic high school crush. Mari wasn't even sure it was a crush.  "I don't know if you've noticed but I kinda find you really attractive." Mari began, her words rushed. "It's not just that you have this warmth - and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so. It calms me - makes me feel like all...I have a lot of self hating voices in my head and being around you kinda makes them silent."

Mari averted her gaze, she knew her quick and rambled words probably didn't make much sense to him. How do you tell someone you think you like them but you also think it nonsensical and stupid because realistically you don't know them at all, and that you fear you like the 'idea' of the person and not just the person? "

"And your dearest friend Shield wanted to coerce you to go on some ludicrous candle-lit dinner with me if I lost."  Well, it was all out in the open now...wasn't it? Mari shut her eyes and took a deep breath. "I don't expect you to. Really, I don't even know what I feel, and I just kinda want a certain someone to leave me the hell be." Mari added. "Hell, I'd be happy with what Shield 'proposed'-" Mari said, with air quotations. "To you, and we all get a nice meal together. Maybe ya both can convince me to wave around a giant ass stick instead of a tiny ass blade." She offered him a smile as she took a step back from the two. 

"But, all in all - today was really nice - and I'll be grabbing that First Aid Skill. I'll see if I can find an item to switch my dagger - and change it to a polearm - failing that I may have to try my luck with the dungeons." Mari gave a small, shaky wave. 

"I'm...sorry for dumping all that on you. I know it's probably..." She averted her gaze. "No. It is a lot, and it's selfish of me to do so - because in doing this it's off my chest - but now it's on yours so.." Mari realized she was rambling. She shook her head and gave another wave. "In any case...I hope to see the both of you again soon."

Mari turned on her heel, inwardly cursing herself. 

-Mari yeets herself out of the thread so fast-

@Baldur @Shield

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
64 x eggies
13x T3 materials

Edited by Mari
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Searching for Chest - ID# 143135 results: Loot: 20+8=28 [Chest found!]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 80
Col: 3,675
Materials: 20
Rare Weapons: [139937a]
Rare Consumables: [139937b] [139937c] [141356a] [141356b]

Shield was prepared for anything after Mari's threats. However, while he had considered the possibility that she would out herself, especially since she had done so partially by accident enough times by now, he did not expect that to be the choice she made. He especially had not been prepared for her to drop a bomb like that and then immediately peace out. He turned to Baldur, a little bewildered, but gave a shrug, continuing to pack up his things.

"I was going to tell you before the occasion," Shield said. "Give you the chance to politely decline if you so chose. She just needed the nudge to make a move. Honestly, it's probably best it came out this way." He shouldered his pack, looking at the samurai and smiling a little. "She gets down on herself a lot, and her actually saying something didn't seem likely, but if you have that calming effect on her and there's a chance that you can find happiness with her too, then I figured it was worth torturing her into at least doing something about it."

He took a step over to the side, picking up one of the lures that had fallen out of his tackle, when he noticed a faint glow on the ground. He straightened up and stepped back, only for it to dissipate. He stepped forward again, and his earring lit up with a pale glow. He continued forward one step at a time until he found himself in front of a bare stretch of wall. Feeling around on its surface, his hand felt for a switch or a catch of some sort. When he crossed over a crack in the stone, his hand sank in, that section of wall concealing a small pressure plate the size of his hand. As he pressed it in, the wall on the other side of the crack slid up and out of the way, revealing a hidden chest.

Edited by Shield

Baldur stood there, his mouth slightly agape when Mari began her confession. He had been completely unaware of her feelings, and completely unprepared for this sudden outburst. As he thought back recently, she had been showing up everywhere he had turned, but then, he still felt that they hardly knew each other. The two of them had one talk, a random encounter at her home; the rest of their conversations had been merely centered around combat. They had never really had a chance to speak person to person before.

Before her words could even begin to resolve in his mind, she was gone. Evaporated like the time of the event, which had also expired. The Samurai looked up at Shield, a dizzied expression still on his face. The tank bashfully explained Mari had been slowly riled up into confessing her feelings to him through a series of subtle verbal jousts and apparently a fishing competition.

The gaijin Samurai's mind whirled around him as he tried to find some point to anchor and which he could even begin to understand the events that had just transpired. Instead, he gave Shield a nod of his head, packed up his fishing gear and headed out to somewhere he could think.

-=Final Egg & Mat Count=-
Materials: 18

Eggs: 46

Edited by Baldur
Spoiler

Opening Chest - ID# 143813 results: Loot: 9+7=16

• [16-20] = 3,150 Col, 8 T3 materials, 1 perfect T3 armor/shield, 2 rare T3 consumables

Total Loot:

Eggs: 80
Col: 6,825
Materials: 25
Perfect Armor/Shield: [143813a]
Rare Weapons: [139937a]
Rare Consumables: [139937b] [139937c] [141356a] [141356b] [143813b] [143813c]

"I... take it that means nobody wants anything from this?" Shield said, pointing to the chest he had found, shouting to a now empty cavern. He shook his head, and mumbled to himself, "kids." He smirked.

He took a knee beside the chest, going through his keys with the practiced precision of the skilled treasure hunter and connoisseur of treasure chests that he had become. Selecting the key that seemed to fit the shape of the lock, he held it out and watched it evaporate with its usual glittering display. The contents of the chest were decent, and he collected them to sort out for later. In the mean time, there were more pressing matters. He was sitting on a veritable mountain of eggs, and there were going to be plenty of players who would be needing to make trades for his stash.

It was a calculated move, taking so many eggs. While there was the fallback option of identifying a mountain of low quality gear in hopes of striking gold, there were plenty of items that he could make good use now with the correct event items to modify them.

"Looks like there's gonna be a lot of big changes that players are gonna be rolling dice on," he wondered aloud, packing up the last of his things. "So be it."

[QUEST REWARDS]

[Shield]

3 SP
80 Eggs
6,825 Col
25 T3 Materials
Perfect Armor/Shield

[143813a]
Rare Weapons
[139937a]
Rare Consumables
[139937b] [139937c] [141356a] [141356b] [143813b] [143813c]