[ PP/F1 ] Good Vibes Only

The forest area to the North of the Town of Beginnings was absolutely vast with lush, verdant leaves that turned the under canopy into a well-enveloped dense scape with tiny holes of sunlight making it through. The NPCs seemed too murmur something about great training and huge animals in the forest, something the adventurer wanted to test a bit more now that he had leveled up a bit. His fighting still hadn't been the greatest but he would work on it, this would be a step-by-step process.

A giant grunt could be heard from deep within the breathing forest, the noise bellowing through the trees and reverbed against the base sounding like it was coming from everywhere at once. It was enough to make Titan clench that was for sure, he brought his spear up in an offense position until the crunching of leaves could be heard and the red beady eyes of the monster seemed to be charging directly at Titan. " Oh ^*%*! " His voice rose in pitch as he began to sprint back to town while this noise behind him seemed to be catching up. " Someone HELP ! " His own voice boomed within the forest, his legs worked double-time while his eyes turned, who would've thought he would be done for in a matter of one overly ambitious bout into a dark forest. He hoped that Heaven at least had a hot springs, because he was certain he didn't have enough to take on the boar at all. 

@Cordelia 

Wild Boar Stats:

Spoiler

A Wild Boar has Appeared!
HP: 50 / DMG: 15

Titan's Stats:

Spoiler

Titan (Level 4) 
HP: 80 / DAMAGE: 2
EN: 8 / MIT: 0
ACC: 1 / EVA: 0

Skills:

• 1-Handed Assault Spear (Rank 1)

Equipment:

• ( R ) 1H Assault Spear ( ACC / DMG )

Inentory:

• ( 3 ) Starter Healing Potions  ( Heals 50 HP )

Edited by Titan

"Hey, you're supposed to help me find eggs, not trying to eat them," Cordelia exclaimed, shooing away one of the Paccos away from her pretty barren basket of eggs. 

Cordelia paused. "Oh, [doo-doo]."

"Stay here, keep watch," she whispered quietly to her birds, dropping the basket of colored eggs beside her as she dashed deeper into the forest. Without her eyes leaving her front, Cordelia absentmindedly opened her menu, and with a few taps later, Onimaru's sheath materialized along her waist. The girl swerved between the trees, slowly unsheathing her katana before she found herself facing a player running away from. . . a boar? Not a giant wasp? Or mantis? 

Oh, boy.

Cordelia planted herself between the boy and the oncoming wild animal, her katana propped up in front of her she watched the boar come closer and closer-- seriously, had she even fought a boar before? She sighed, shaking her head. "Alright, stay back!" She demanded, looking over her shoulder to the other player before she turned her attention back to the mob. 

She exhaled, charging forward just before she planted her blade into the animal's head. "Oh, lord," she muttered just as she felt the hilt of her katana begin to heat up. "Please don't catch on fire, please don't catch on fire-- ack!" Cordelia jumped away, ripping out her katana along with her just as flames began to pour out of it. She sighed, watching as fire consumed the boar just before it shattered into dozens of blue polygons. 

"Damn it."

Spoiler

[STATS:]

LVL: 55 | HP: 1130/1130 | EN: 110/110 | 19 DMG | 25 MIT | 5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | PHSE | 12 HLY | ABS. ACC

[INVENTORY:]

☆ T3 Katana | Onimaru: PHSE, 12 HLY, ABS. ACC
☆ T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM

☆ T2 Jewelry | Empress' Kanzashi: +3 ACC, +1 EVA

[BATTLE READY:]

☆ [5] Standard Healing Potions [Heals 50 HP]

[CONSUMED:]

[SKILLS:]

Non-combat:

Passive:

☆ R3 Fighter Familiar Skill: +9 DMG
☆ R3 Hiding Skills: +3 Stealth Rating
☆ R5 Light Armor Skill: 25 MIT
  > Athletics: +1 Base DMG, +20 HP
☆ Disguise: [Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn]
☆ Survival: [Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental
attacks/effects.]

Combat:

☆ R3 Battle Healing

Weapon Skills:
☆ R1 Curved Sword Skill 
☆ R5 Katana Skill [+7 DMG/+1 BASE]
  > Ferocity: +1 DMG
  > Precision: +1 ACC
  > R3 Finesse: -3 EN to all SAs

[BUFFS:]

☆ RELAXED: Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts
☆ ADVANCED TRAINING: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month.
☆ TASTY: Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast.
☆ HARD-WORKING: +2 EXP per crafting attempt, +1 crafting attempt

ID: 140313
BD: 8, Its de a d d d d d d 

He wasn’t close enough to death to see every memory of his life flash hauntingly before his eyes but boy, did he come to the edge of nearly defecating himself, at least the feeling. His avatar had no reason to do any of that anymore. He mostly showered for the sense of relaxation that it brought him. Titan had decided he would turn and face the boar head on, it’s all he really could do as he spun on his heel while turning his entire body with both hands on his spear.

The entire scene happening in a flash, the stranger’s long ivory hair blew with her speed, an eager blade and a single strike before the flames lit up the boar and decimated him in a matter of seconds. “ Holy s%&$. ” The man was enamored by his savior.

“ You know, you didn’t have to do that. I was about to turn around and fight the boar myself. ” Puffing up his chest a little, walking closer to the girl who still seemed to be leagues from where Titan had been standing. “ But, I appreciate it though. You have my sincerest gratitude. ” He wasn’t about to make an enemy of a girl who could simply delete him in one swing of her katana.

“ I’m Titan. What’s your name? ” He offered a hand and a warm smile; he sure was getting lucky in meeting so many powerful and beautiful women since he started. He could already tell they were going to get the charmer into quite a bit of trouble simply for existing.

Edited by Titan

Cordelia exhaled as she watched the blue shapes start to slowly drift away, sheathing her katana back into its sheath as she turned around. "Oh, sorry. I should've let you handle that then," she mumbled. "It's not a problem. I guess I was lucky enough to hear you from where I was." The girl turned to look over her shoulder and to where she came from. She wondered if Pacco could hear her from here. . .

"Cordelia, pleasure to meet you," she exclaimed, turning around to meet his gaze before she cracked a smile as she reached out to grasp his hand. 

"So what brings you this deep into the woods? Players don't usually tend to stray this far away from a safezone on floor one," she asked, tilting her head quizzically. She doubted he was doing any quest. None of the ones discovered on floor one made the players delve this deep into the forest. 

Maybe being in the game for those who had been actively engaged was a good thing? Titan hadn’t expected the other to seem sweet, to be kind and have such a powerful grip on her sword. It was fairly alluring to watch, the flames were something he was curious about, was that a part of their sword arts that they could learn? He'd have to ask her eventually, curious on her technique or even the katana the woman used. He hadn't seen an option like that when he picked his weapon initially.

The other's firm handshake felt like it had been crushing Titan's poor hand against her grip. " I actually was just looking for easter eggs. I didn't realize strong monsters like this would be so deep in here, honestly. I kinda expected those lowbie wolfs and stuff to be here. I was incredibly mistaken. " He sighed, his spear still light in his hand as he placed it in a less aggressive position. " What about you? You seem a bit, uhh, stronger than a level 1 to be down here. "

"Oh. I do suppose that's what most people are doing during this time of the year, huh?" She murmured. 

"Ah, me? I was actually hunting eggs of my own, actually." She chuckled, finding the circumstances to be amusing. "I rather not go to the upper floors. Most of them are too harsh for me. Floor One is probably the most normal it's going to get, so I figured I'll just stick around here for a bit." She looked over her shoulder again as she rubbed the back of her neck. "Ah, I suppose now that we're on the topic of egg hunting. . ." Cordelia's voice drifted off as she whistled a short three note tune. 

From beyond the shadows of the trees, two large blackbirds appeared from the canopy. "You didn't even bring the basket?" She whined, her left eye twitching as she watched her familiar land on her shoulders empty. . . handed. 

"Ah, apologies for that. My familiar can quite literally be a bird brain sometimes."

“ Yeah, I met a couple of easter egg hunters so far too. ” Something about her felt familiar to him, his gaze lingered a bit longer than it needed to on her features before Titan remembered something very important. “ You know what though, I realized that the Eggs appeared but I don’t know where the turn in for them are? Do you happen to? ” If he never figured it out, he’d be stuck with a horde of damn eggs without anything to turn them in for. He at least hoped Cordelia could point him in the right direction.

“ That makes sense. ” So she must’ve not been too much higher than he was in level, just beautifully adorned with gear that made Titan look even more like a newb than he already was.

Sinking into a defensive position, his dominant hand gripped at his spear aimed at the blur of a creature headed over to them until the familiar landed on Coredelia’s shoulder. “ Nope, no worries. I didn’t realize we could have familiars here. ” He loosened his grip, surprised and in awe that they could have beasts on their time. " Is that a quest line or something? I'd love a big ass lion or some s^*&. "

Edited by Titan

"Er. . ." Cordelia scratched the side of her cheek. "Yeah, there was this kind of. . . stall? As you could call it, I guess, where you can cash in your eggs for rewards. I think you can find it somewhere. I honestly have no idea where it is myself."

"Oh, yeah. Familiars are neat. I do all my damage thanks to Pacco here," she said whimsically. "It is a quest. You just need to find this. . . gypsy looking NPC lady on any floor, and she'll hand you a bag of food to tame a familiar. It's quite weird, really, but they're really useful. . . and a huge pain," she muttered, rolling her eyes jokingly. "I've seen some really cool familiars out there. Pacco is really on the more plain side of the spectrum. I've seen a tiny cerberus, a tiny boar that can fit in your pocket, and koi fish that flies around. . . and a cat completely made out of fog. . . There's some really weird stuff out there."

Cordelia gave him a grin. "I could totally help you out, though! I've done the quest two times, first one was with the first Pacco, and then we gained Pacco number two the next time I tried it out, though, there's this whole other separate quest where you have to train it. . . it's very, er-- time consuming."

“ A stall, huh? ” Titan committed the information to memory and would continue to collect eggs until everything was said and done, hopefully he’d be able to get high enough to comfortably explore some of the higher floors later on. “ Here, let me add you. If I somehow find it, I’ll let you know where it is. ” The man opened up his system interface and brought up his friends list, inviting Cordelia to be his friend so that they could chat at any time.

“ Damn, that’s really intense. I never thought this game would have a feature like that. ” From now on, he’d have to keep an eye out for a gypsy NPC, he wasn’t even quite sure what he even wanted or what had been available. “ Damn a Cerberus and a boar? Can they all talk or just the birds? ” He knew that he wanted to be a tank, he felt like he hid too much during his time in Aincrad not to go out there and take damage for those who certainly had been fighting tooth and nail since arriving.

“ Are you serious? ” He was a little surprised by her generosity. “ I don’t want to make you feel like you have to. I’m not looking for a handout. You giving me the information is honestly half the battle. ” He opened his inventory to pull out the player handbook. “ This is useful but doesn’t quite have all the nuances like familiars and stuff. ”

Cordelia looked at the friend request blankly before she nodded her head. "Ah, right. That's probably a good idea," she exclaimed, accepting the request with a flick of her finger. 

"Oh no, Pacco doesn't talk. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a familiar talk before now that I think about it, but yeah, there's some pretty cool stuff out there. I think there's been a handful of restrictions on the quest, but that's all just talk from info-brokers. There hasn't been a humanoid familiar, and apparently there's a size limit after a patch got updated. Anywho, it's constantly changing, but I wouldn't pay much mind to it," she huffed, giving the player a toothy grin and a thumbs-up. "Are you looking for any specific type of familiar? There's a variety of them. Most damage dealers on the frontlines use attack familiars like me, but there are some that can heal you, help you have better accuracy while attacking, and even some that can mitigate damage from attacks. It's all really interesting stuff."

"Oh, no, it's really fine. After reaching frontliner level, I've been trying to lay off on trying to grind out more levels," she sighed, rubbing the neck as she averted her gaze sheepishly. "I'm really just trying to help out a few players while I can. With the next boss raid coming up so soon, I wouldn't want to miss my chance," Cordelia murmured, a far off look in her eyes before she turned back to Titan. 

"Oh, that? I totally threw that thing off a cliff when I got it," she said with a small laugh. "I guessed that it would be no fun trying to play a game when a book was coddling me the whole time. My mistake, I was a total idiot back then."

“ Thanks. ” He tossed his friends list box to the side once Cordelia added him to his list. Despite wanting to be proud of himself, he still couldn’t do literally anything to help the high levels he added. He would continue to climb on his own pace.

“Oh, sorry. I thought I heard him blurt something out… ” Was Titan losing his mind? He honestly might have been but the more he learned about familiars, the more he was very, very interested in an companion for this entire journey. He probably would have a better mental health space just by an animal companion being nearby. “ Ahhh. That’s pretty awesome. ” He racked his brain for a moment. “ I don’t look like much now but I want to be a tank for the front line, some day. I like birds too, a hawk or an eagle who could help with tanking would be what I’m looking for. Is there a specific familiar best for tanks? Mitigation is probably what I’d want to go with. ” He was surprised she was so open with information, it made Titan begin to trust her a lot more than he probably should’ve.

‘ Oh wow, a frontliner. ’ he thought. “ Sorry, I’m really a newb but, what level is frontliner? ” It meant he could focus on something, a goal of sorts to visualize. “ I’m super appreciative of you killing the boar and just sharing what you did. It helps me kinda figure out what to do next. I’ll make sure to pay back the kindness whenever I’m able to. ” Titan was fairly loyal and wouldn’t forget the favor Coredelia did by saving his life.

“ Haha. I mean, if you say so. ” He tosses the book into the forest as well, it seemed as though it probably wasn’t being as updated after all this time anyway.

"Ah, well, it would really depend. . ." She murmured, scratching her chin in slight thought. "Mitigation would be the go to, especially if you're looking to be a tank. I suppose you could have more enhancements on your shield and heavy armor if you were to do that, but that would offer less room to deal damage effectively and efficiently. Take it this way, you've got three slots for equipment. If you were to get a mitigation familiar, then you wouldn't need to worry about getting mitigation on your shield and armor-- which is a good plan in theory. But if you're trying to deal damage at the same time, you might want to get a damage familiar. That way you could have a weapon with. . . let's say all accuracy and still have the full capabilities of an average damage dealer. . ."

Cordelia shook her head and sighed. "Damage probably isn't what you're going for, though since you have a one-handed weapon and all. I'm not one to plan out things very well, sorry. This is all from a DPS's point of view, so I must be overthinking some things--" She muttered, facepalming herself as she gave the guy a sheepish expression. 

"Just forget everything I said. Maybe go to an actual tank for advice and not someone who barely has any mitigation," she mumbled, rubbing her elbow as she laughed nervously. 

Cordelia tilted her head. "Er-- I'd say about anyone within the fifty to eighty range is eligible to be a frontliner, but maybe fifty would be too low. Perhaps sixty?" She shrugged her shoulders. She honestly wouldn't even call herself a frontliner. She had no floor clearing or labyrinth clearing experience, so who was she to call herself a frontliner right now? 

"Oh-- I mean, if that's what you really want. . ." She murmured, watching the book disappear over the foliage. "I guess I'm your new library, huh?"

This was somewhat information overload, but Titan tried to do his best to understand and connect the pieces with terminology and phrasing that made his eyes cross. He hadn’t been too dull to understand but the tweaking of what he needed to do wasn’t something he had considered and perhaps it was something he should. He might’ve taken a misstep otherwise and, in this game, that just meant one step closer to death. “ S^&%, you really know your stuff. ” He took what he could consider and did so by thinking of how he needed mitigation. What Titan did know was that Mitigation removed damage being taken from an enemy. No-brainer, right? " I kinda took the one-handed weapon thinking I could get a shield to use as well, later on? Is that wrong? " He simply assumed shields existed in the game and could be used. He sat there a little dumb-founded and defeated. " Perhaps I should go talk to a tank, they could at least point me in the right direction. " Maybe Cordelia knew a tank that he could message for a brief lesson since he only knew her and that girl he met that was a blacksmith.

" Yeah, I don't want you to feel like you're my information broker. I just, this is really overwhelming. " Titan stumbled backwards toward a large stone, a thump as his avatar sat against it as he tried to really understand how complex everything seemed to be. " I value friendship and loyalty. You saving my life, everything really, means a lot to me. " With that, he was finished with thanking her over and over again.

" So tell me about yourself and your experience, did you have a kind front liner come barging in to save your life too? Is that cycle just cyclical. " It seemed like most people were nice and wanted to get out of the game as soon as possible. Perhaps after becoming high enough to help clear floors, this was the next best thing to bolster their crews and the potential for stronger and larger raids to take down these floor bosses. 

"Does it sound that way?" She asked, letting out an exasperated sigh as she silently shook her head. "I've really on the lower scale when it comes to that kind of stuff." Of course, she didn't compare to let's say. . . Baldur at all when it came to this kind of stuff. Up until she had reached tier three, she had pretty much been winging her build and kind of just implanting random enhancements into whatever she saw fit.

"No, no, that's perfect for a tank. You're on the right track. . ." She hummed, tapping her heel against the ground. "I don't know of any incredibly high leveled tanks at the moment that deal with shields. . . most of them are just people with a lot of mitigation on their armor or from their familiars. . . one of them even has a unique skill. There is this one guy, I haven't seen him in a while, though. If I ever do catch him around, I'll definitely refer him to you."

"Oh, I wouldn't want to be an info-broker anyways. Those people have it hard if they have to deal with people like me all the time," she chuckled, her eyes hardening for a quick second before they softened. She grinned, leaning her knuckles against her hips. "It's no problem. Anyone would've done the same thing."

"Honestly?" She murmured, tilting her chin up to gaze at the canopy. "Not really. I do suppose there have been a few times someone had to save my ass, but I considered him more like a friend than a frontliner, even though he was already at that level when he saved me. I think it's just that I've met most frontliners at this point so it's hard to imagine them as frontliners-- most of them are more like family and friends to me."

“ I’m level 4, so. I would say yes, you sound much more knowledgeable than I am. ” Perhaps she hadn’t been an expert in the grand scale of many of the other players in the game but, she was certainly leaps and bounds ahead of Titan’s understandings of things. Regardless of what she thought, he very grateful to have met her.

“ Ahh alright, got it. ” He was a bit surprised that they hadn’t had shields, it made the most sense. “ That’s really interesting, you’d think a shield would be what you needed to use the most. Perhaps I did this all wrong with the one-handed weapon and still should use two then. ” What was typically the most conventional way things happened, didn’t seem to be the same as what other people would do. He’d think about it, his next goal would be to find a damn tank who could help point him to the right area. “ I guess that would be enough too, huh. Yeah, if you could kinda just get some info on them, I’d appreciate it. ” His mind started to hurt with the start of a migraine, the game wasn’t as black and white as he once thought.

“ Well, in the case, seems like this is the place to be and that the frontline is where things feel more cohesive. I hope one day, whenever it is, I end up tanking whatever it is that’s in front of us trying to kill us. ” He nodded, a fist raising as he clenched it in support of his statement.

“ Just don’t tell me a time limit, might be a while from now. ” Scratching the back of his head as he shifted into his more joking and casual usual way of speaking. " Were you serious about helping me out with that familiar quest? " He wanted to do it but, he didn't want to force the girl to do something that she wasn't serious about. He wouldn't take the assistance if it wasn't genuine. 

"Oh, no it's definitely something a tank should use, but most tank-ish people on the frontlines would prefer to do damage as well rather than fully tank. I think if you're going on a full tank path, a shield would definitely be a good start," she exclaimed, nodding her head. "It's really just that-- by the time you're on the frontlines, you have so much health that you can take a bunch of damage without having a tank build." She grinned, giving him a thumbs-up. It had been quite a while since she had seen Alec, but she was sure that he was still alive. A stone-wall like him would never fall to the hands of Kayaba, plus, she hadn't seen him on the Monument of life yet. 

"Ah, it's fine. After reaching level fifty, I've been slowing down on gaining levels," she sighed, giving him a sheepish smile.

Well, mainly just because it's a butt ton harder to level now--

"So I have a bunch of time to spare, just message me whenever and I'll be sure to be there." She tilted her head at his question. "Yes, why I wouldn't I be?" She asked, a clear look of confusion on her face. What was the benefit of lying to him, especially after she had just dumped a bunch of information on his head?

“ Oh, seriously, what would I even do without you Cordelia? ” She seriously was super sweet, she reminded him of someone he knew like a little sister or something. A little sister who could easily kick his ass with her katana but that was neither here nor there when it came to how their budding relationship continued to grow. “ Then, it’s settled. We’ll finish up here and get back to the Town of Beginnings and I’ll see you on Saturday to help me with my familiar, sound good? ” It was simple and to the point, he’d want a familiar who could provide him with mitigation.

“ No, I just mean there’s people who are nice and then actually following through is a whole different scenario. Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend. ” He brought his hand up to ward her off, showing that he truly did not mean any harm. “ Now… which way is town, this way maybe? ” He pointed at a random direction before scratching his head, it seemed like the poor man got way turned around by that huge beast.

• 2 weeks later...

"You'd probably be dead," dead as hell she said bluntly, giving him a deadpan stare. In no way was she trying to be mean, no, no, no. She was simply stating the truth. Who knows what he would've ended up as if she didn't come to the rescue. No, no, this wasn't something she was thinking to inflate her ego or anything, of course not! 

"Sounds good," she exclaimed, giving him a cheeky grin. It had been a while since she had gone out of her way to do this for someone without benefiting from it in terms of experience or levels, and it felt good. Boy-oh-boy, was she starting to become a better person? 

"Oh, I see." She hoped she didn't give off that impression. "Don't worry, no offense taken," she chuckled, patting him on the shoulder reassuringly. "Ah-- it's this way," she said, pointing to the other direction with a goofy grin. "We have a map, you know," Cordelia mused, laughing to herself before she gestured for him to follow her back.

“ As morbid as that was, you’re probably right. Best bet would be to keep on running, huh. ” He paused for a second as he let the thought sink in fairly deep, Cordelia truly did save his damn life against the boar and he owed her something. “ I’m not sure when this’ll happen but I’ll pay you back this favor one day, better believe it. ” And Titan was a man of a word, it might not be for months or even a year, he’d make sure the other knew that he had her back in a time of trouble.

He noticed as Cordelia spun him around, watching as she seemed to point him in the right direction as the man blushed a scarlet hue against his cheeks. “ We get it, you’re a front liner. You know how this game works. ” Rolling his eyes in jest along with a sarcastic grin, he couldn’t help but notice the looks that Cordelia had been giving him and enjoying that above all else, he could make her laugh. “ I’d say what would I do without you again but you already answered, I’d be a goner. ” He couldn’t help but send a little sting her way, a cheeky comment to her otherwise caring and kind attitude. " What's the best floor to meet you on for Saturday? I decided, I want a wombat for a familiar. "

• 2 weeks later...

She crossed her arms and gave him a light hearted smirk. "Oh, really? Maybe you can go and save my life one day. Who knows?" She mused, shrugging her shoulders.

Cordelia rolled her eyes along with him. "Oh ha-ha. I'm probably the last person you'd want to go to find out how the game works," she muttered, shaking her head. It was honestly a miracle how she was still alive, really. 

She chuckled, crossing her arms over her chest. "Floor one is fine, right by the teleport gate? I live on floor seven but I'd be fine to travel down here," she said, crossing her arms. "So let's just meet up at the teleport gate Saturday morning?" Cordelia asked, tilting her head. 

As the two neared the town's entrance, Cordelia turned to give the man a goodbye. "Well, it's been great chatting with you and all, Titan. I look forward to Saturday. Until then, stay out of trouble," she exclaimed, bidding him a wave before heading out towards the gate.