[PP-F21-E3] <<Natures Treasure>> Hook, Line, and Sinker

Here again;

Mari cast out her line with a heavy sigh - she was further  down the river - no longer by the crashing waterfalls where she met shield and had that....time with him and Baldur. Her brows furrowed. Shield thought the competition over. hah to Mari, it never was. Cerulean eyes stared forward at the bobbing float. A lot had happened these past few months. She found out the leader of the Azure Brigade had been cut down in his so-called prime - and she had met the man who had done it.

Mari had been rather worried when she first met Oikawa, not from the rumours that surrounded him, but because she assumed he hated her, just like everyone else in that godforsaken guild. "How Ironic..." Mari said as she pulled up her line with a quick flick of her wrist, it was almost second nature to her at this rate. Mari still had goals - she wanted to be among the highest level players again, she wanted to try and fix the frontlines.  But for now; rest. In the form of farming copious amounts of eggs.

@Shield
ID: 140235  CD:4   LD:2
2 Eggs

2 x Eggs

Edited by Mari
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

ID# 140236 results: Craft: 3 [0 Materials found] Loot: 15+8=23 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 8

Over the top of the redhead's red head, a whizzing whir of a mechanical spool flared through the air, and a long line lashed out and landed in the lake. "Still trying to play catch-up?" chimed in a familiar, deep chested baritone. "You can't come out to my fishing spot and expect to beat the guy with home field advantage. These fish are my people. They will gladly lay down their lives - and sacrifice their eggs - for my cause." Shield sidled up beside her and gave a little nod of his head. "It's good to see you again."

Although he had momentarily dropped the air of competition, his fishing gear had other plans in mind. There came a tug and then the line went dead, prompting Shield to reel in to see what was waiting for him on the other end. Sure enough, a familiar bundle drifted lazily through the water, its contents lolling lazily as they drew nearer to the shore. It was everything he could do not to call attention to the two eggs that Mari had just grabbed, when three or four times that were drifting past her towards her former egg-gathering rival.

@Oikawa

Edited by Shield

"What the..." Mari's eyes drifted skyward as she watched the lure sail right over her head. Cast out her own line, a little closer than his. Mari knew the voice, it was hard not to. The smarmy confidence was unique. "Hello Shield." Mari said matter-of-factly as she began to slowly reel her lure in, jerking it to and fro to attract the fish.

"Hey, if they're your people how would you feel if I helped you join them?" She quipped with a lop-sided grin.  "It's...actually good to see you too." Mari said earnestly, it wasn't often she found herself in good company, especially company that was closer to her age - even rarer that they were older (which she assumed Shield was) 

"This is nice..." Mari mused as she turned her attention to the water. "I've been working so hard to rejoin the frontlines - that sometimes I forget to take a moment to brea-argh."  Mari took a step forward as she was pulled - she pulled back, and managed to yank a chest out of the water. "Funny that you come right around the time I manage to fish up a chest." She knelt down to pull off the eggs stuck to it.
@Shield  and maybe @Oikawa?

ID: 140237  CD:7   LD:10
Chest + 6 Eggs

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
8 x Eggs

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Opening Chest: ID# 140238 results: Loot: 15+8=23 [Using Multipurpose Housing Bonus] 23+1=24

• [24-25] = 5,250 Col, 12 materials, perfect weapon, perfect armor/shield, 2 perfect consumables

Total Loot:

1,000 Col
Perfect Weapon: [140238a]
Perfect Armor/Shield: [140238b]

"Chests are also my people," Shield said, kneeling down and fishing around at the back of his belt for his set of golden keys. He unhooked it from its snap and held the first key out. It vanished and there came a sound of distant jangling coins as the lid cracked open an inch. This time, when Shield went to inspect the readout he raised his eyebrows. "You actually lucked out," he said, quickly opening a transfer window. "There's a little bit of everything and quite a lot of a few of them. This is a really good haul. And not only that," he said avoiding making eye contact for a moment. "But it also gave you time to catch up to the guy who started fishing after you did."

Inventory Transfer

Shield wishes to send you:
4,250 Col
12 T3 Materials
Perfect T3 Consumables: [140238c] [140238d]

Accept [O]                   Decline [X]

With that, he closed the chest window, sent the items and straightened up just as the chest's durability depleted. The shattering made for the perfect mic drop to emphasize the burn he had just laid on his fishing companion. "In any case, these waters have been pretty generous to me. No sense abandoning them any time soon."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 140239

CD: 12 [+1 Treasure Chest found] | LD: 17 (14+3) [8 Eggs found]

Materials: 0

The sounds of rather familiar voices caused amber eyes to look up from his normal perch at the mid-way point of the river-bend. Ever since this event, his home floor had become a hotbed for cave fishing. What was once a secluded area now regularly houses most of the frontliners trying to fish up as many eggs as possible for the ridiculously named triplet NPCs. Tossing the ragged rod of his shoulder, the brunette began to haul the chest he had just hefted from the pond Gods to the source of the noise. "If I recall correctly, that sounds like Shield-d...and-d...Mari?"

The perplexed look on his face gave way to the confusion as the tank and ginger seemingly bickered over who was gonna collect more eggs.

"Oi, you lot, mind keeping it down. Your scaring all my chests away," he exclaimed a half cocked grin beaming as he tossed the chest down to them. Leaping down to them, he picked the spot on the opposite side of Mari and planted himself there. "You were suppose to visit next time you were on this floor love," he mentioned to @Mari before leaning back to address Shield. "I see we will being seeing each other a lot more during this time eh?" @Shield

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Opening chest: ID# 140241 results: Loot: 11+7=18

• [16-20] = 3,150Col, 8 materials, perfect armor/shield, 2 rare consumables

Total Loot:

4,150 Col
Perfect Armor/Shield: [140238b] [140241a]

Shield had barely straightened up before he was back down again, fishing out his keys once more. "You know, I'd insist on a please and thank you first, Oikawa, but since I get first look at what's in here, I suppose I'll just take my thanks right off the top, if you please." He had a dry with about him, but it was at least clear when he was joking and when it wasn't, at least to those who knew he was capable of jokes in the first place. "It helps to have help covering the cost of my keys, but aside from that, and first crack at armors, I'm not gonna insist you split any of your loot. Materials and consumables alright?" He drew up a dialogue transfer window. "There was a healthy sum of Col. You can request as much or as little as you like."

Inventory Transfer

Shield wishes to send you:
8 T3 Materials
Rare T3 Consumables: [140241b] [140241c]

Accept [O]                   Decline [X]

"Yes, we have seen each other out and about," Shield said nodding his head with a note of finality as he stood once again, retrieving his fishing rod before anyone else could pull up another chest. "With the items up for grabs, I don't know why we don't see more people up here. It's prime fishing time." He swiped and brought a drafted document out of his menus, showing some breakdowns of the data he'd been crunching on his trips to and from his home. "Between all of the known methods for gaining eggs, fishing seems by far the fastest and most reliable."

Edited by Shield

Mari clicked accept with a sigh, she knew he'd jump at the chance to open her chest. But she didn't mind - as he said, it gave her time to catch up. "My, my, competitive today aren't we - I thought you'd have been drained after last time." She quipped. "You know I was hoping for some nice conversation Chest Guy." Mari shrugged and cast out again.

She paused as she heard a familiar voice; he had jumped down from - who knows where and joined their duo. "Oikawa." Mari blinked. Right. He had a house here didn't he? Mari gave him a sheepish shrug. "I-er...honestly forgot. There's been a lot on my mind lately." She admitted. "I ran into someone who kinda...messed me up a lil' she made me retreat and think back on some things." Right...the way Zandra had treated her, it got to Mari more than she cared to admit. "And can you, maybe not call me that?" She asked.  Mari understood terms like 'love' or 'dear' could be terms of endearment, but it didn't feel right to be called that.

"We're not in competition today, are we?" Mari asked as she reeled in her line. "I'd really rather you not try to set me up on any more candlelit dinners." Her gaze shifted to Oikawa. Right, she probably shouldn't have said that in front of him, it was bad enough that Shield was ribbing her constantly - she didn't need Oikawa to do it too.

As she pulled up her line a net of 8 large eggs toppled to the shore - she dare not say a word to Shield about it, lest he take another jab at her, instead Mari quietly collected them, shooting him a sideward glance.

ID:140240  CD:10   LD:20
8 Eggs  3 Materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  16x Eggs
5,000 Col
15 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 140239

CD: 1 [+0 Materials found] | LD: 19 (16+3) [0 Eggs found]

Materials: 8 (T3)

Other: 2 Rare (T3) Consumables [140241b] [140241c]

"I see," responded the youth as he settled into his seat. "Well like I stated before, if you ever feel the need or want to talk, I'm all ears." He wasn't sure at what had her shaken up, but he didn't want to add any more undue stress to that situation. As she resumed questioning Shield about their friendly competition, Oikawa offered a small "my apologies," before inching a little further to give her some space.

Accepting Shield's offer, the brunette held back a slight chuckle. "The consumables and materials are plenty. I'm a smith by trade, so perfect gear is rather easy to come by and I imagine you could get more use out of them for unique identifiers. You know Shield, we haven't interacted much before but your demeanor is very different from when we initially met. I know this crystal above me played a role, but I imagine if you can get along with her," gesturing towards Mari, "we should get along just as peachy. Oh, and thank you," he assured with a grin.

With a slight flick of his wrist, Oikawa launched his lure out. The sword theme bobber bouncing a few times before plopping just beyond six feet out. The line gently dipped however as it seems the hook had already caught hold of something near the surface. Giving the pole a solid yank however, dispelled any notion of the catch being anything worth while as a boot flopped back into the watery depths. Giving Shield and Mari a side glance, he extended his line once more. "My chests have scattered... but yes a prime fishing spot nonetheless," he muttered under his breath as he tossed his head back. It had only been a few days since his last encounter with the redhead, but his mind was a little more at ease about the situation. And frankly, he didn't want to think about it right now when they had eggs to collect.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID# 140244 results: Craft: 1 [Nothing]

Total Loot:

4,150 Col

Shield rolled his eyes a little as the RNG of the lake decided it was time to give up another boot. "I cannot tell you," he sighed, "just how many of those I have found. I once fished up a tire! There aren't even cars in SAO!" This was not the first time he had complained about this incident. It still stung him on a personal matter. Even as he spoke of the cruelty of the waters' whims, his own bobber sank and reimurged immediately. Most of time in the last few days when this happened, he found a bundle of eggs on the other end of the line. This time...

"Great... and why is it always the left boot? Every time. Every damn time. It's a left boot." He unhooked it from his line and tossed it behind and over his shoulder, the wet slap of sodden leather ringing through the echo chamber of the cavern. "I think Mari did something to rig the game this time around. This shouldn't happen like this." His gripe was not a serious one, but he still gave Mari a little fake death glare and pointed at his eye to indicate he was keeping an eye on her. "You better watch yourself."

Edited by Shield

Mari noticed how dejected Oikawa seemed after she asked him not to call her love. Mari furrowed her brow. "It's nothing against you." She reasoned, "I know that terms like 'love' or 'dear' are terms of endearment I just...." She fumbled with her fishing line as she began fixing the lure, tightening knots with deft fingers. "I guess, it sounds weird to me - I'm not used to it. I'm nor used to affection or anything of the sort - and when terms like that have been used against me, it was to deceive me, or to try and kill me." Mari said as she lifted a hand to brush away strands of her hair.  "So - yeh." She hoped her explanation had helped ease Oikawas mind.

"In any case, it's good to see you again."

A small smile grew on her lips as Shield loudly exclaimed something about fishing up car tires. "If you fish up a tire - I'll grant you any request." Mari joked. She placed a hand over her heart and gave an indignant scoff. "Oh, the nerve of you Sir. Implyingmay just have snuck here at night time and thrown in a bunch of chests, in hopes that I'd meet you here again, today - and claim victory. The nerve, the audacity." She shot him a playful grin as she waved her rod to and fro.

"Be an awful shame if I beat you, me, with no LD bonuses- and you, with all the skillset."

ID:140245   CD:1  LD:15

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  16x Eggs
5,000 Col
15 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 140252 results: Craft: 8 [2 Materials found] Loot: 11+8=19 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 16
4,150 Col
Materials: 2

Just then, Shield hauled in his line, complete with fish and a fresh bundle of eggs. "And now we're all caught up," he sent his line out again with a swift swish of his forearm. It was the perfect moment after her little moment of mock taunting. It was once again all he could do to keep eye contact. In all honesty, the friendly competition was a very helpful way to pass the time. Normally, the only company he had was Lilith, and she mostly kept to his sleeve.

Almost as if she had heard his thoughts, a little colorful head poked its way out of his shirt collar and flicked its tongue along Shield's ear. He bunched up his shoulders on either side of his neck and arched his head back. "Christ, Lilith, warn a man!" he howled, brushing off his ear hastily to try to get rid of the uncomfortable tickling sensation she had left on the skin. He shook himself off and cast his line back into the water, crossing over to his favorite sitting stalagmite that sat right at the edge of the water. The serpent coiled around Shield's neck, flattening her belly against his skin to steal as much of his warmth as possible with her cold-blooded body.

Little smart-ass snake.

He thought about Oikawa's words. Shield had been more boisterous of late. It wasn't something he was initially aware of, but the more time he spent around friends and new acquaintances, the more he realized that he wasn't acting like himself. "I suppose isolation had the effect of making me appreciate the importance of connection," he said, trying to make sense of the change. However, he also knew that there was someone else whom he had spent a considerable amount of time with during those lonely months who may have softened his stony countenance. A little bit, at least.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 140256

CD: 10 [+3 Materials found] | LD: 21 (19+3) [8 Eggs found]

Materials: 8 (T3)

Eggs: 16

His small trance was broken however as Mari reassured him it wasn't him, but rather previous circumstances that made her uncomfortable with his nicknames of sorts. He offered her a reassuring grin of his own and placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm not your past Mari; however, I do understand! And good to see you too." Resting his hands back onto the rod outstretched before him, he came to a better conclusion."How about this..would Snowflower be a much more fitting nickname then?" The name was more of an inside joke alluding to their last meet up more than anything, but he hoped it would bring a smile if nothing else.

Again his line tugged, drawing his attention the water. The bobber suddenly appearing to try and save itself from drowning which to Oikawa meant that he had a good one on the line. Wrestling the fish up, he procured eight more eggs himself and added them to his collection. A smirk fixated itself, as Oikawa peeked at the other's respective stashes.

The brunette would be lying if he were to say he wasn't intrigued by their little competition. They both seemed be stacking about sixteen eggs each. Leaning forward, he offered a wager. "Hmm it would seem we're all about even right now. I bet by the time we're done here I can outpace you both!" The confidence beamed from his amber gaze, as he cast his line out once more.

Edited by Oikawa

"Uhh.." Mari stared at the empty hook after having thrown out her line and reeling it in again. "You, know I was jokin' about planting those chests in the lake - right?" Mari offered Shield a weak smile. "Doesn't mean you have to destroy me like this."

Mari listened to Oikawa and Shield as they bantered - "I assumed by your introduction that you two knew each other." Mari mused as she eyed the snake, 'Lilith' Shield had called her, that had peeked out from his clothing. "It's why I hadn't said anything, how do you two know each other" Mari asked a she reached a gentle hand out tward the snake. "I adore snakes." She began. "I was thinking of getting one as a familiar, but I feel like I may have grown too attached."

"Wha- Snowflower!?" Mari asked, clearly flustered.

what is this? Pick on Mari week?

"
D-don't make a bet with him!" Mari warned. "You'll regret it!"

@Oikawa @Shield

ID:140266  CD:12  LD:1
CHEST

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  16x Eggs
5,000 Col
15 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 140267 results: Craft: 11 [4 Materials found] Loot: 12+8=20 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 24
4,150 Col
Materials: 6

"It's probably most accurate to say that we're friends of friends to one another," Shield said, trying to figure out how to properly answer the question. "He attended a boss meeting, I believe, and we've since spent time fishing with Calrex and Cla- I mean Baldur," Shield said, glossing over the 'misspeak' and immediately continuing on. "In all honesty, I'm surprised we haven't run into each other more," he said, casting out into the water once again. "He lives up here, and I do so much chest farming that I've considered doing so as well. The main reason I don't is because of, well... my shop."

His line went taut, but not in the same way as it had when snagging loose bundles of eggs. His pole bent, straining hard as the thing on his hook fought in a blind panic after its meal had turned against it. Shield dug in hard and pulled, alternating between that and winding in any slack his quarry gave him. It was a practiced motion that he had only become more skilled with over the previous week. "There you are," he sighed, watching as the mammoth fish flopped heavily along the shore, trying desperately to get back into the water. Shield stood in the way, barring its path until he was able to get it under control and store it and its clutch of eggs away.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 140270

CD: 7 [+2 Materials found] | LD: 16 (13+3) [8 Eggs found]

Materials: 10 (T3)

"Shield would be correct on this one. Associates that favor the same company if you will," Oikawa stated in agreement. It was true that aside from their select few encounters on the frontlines and the visit to his shop, the two had spent more time near each other the last few days than they had since having first met. Chiming in, Oikawa felt his line pull. "Unfortunately after receiving this," he said while pointing to the orange crystal above him, "I was forced to move my shop. So I figured why not a place that offered the ultimate seclusion. A place of self-connection and reflection. After all, I didn't deserve to be around people then. Not that I feel like I do now..."

Shaking his head, he lets those thoughts fall to the wayside. "But don't mind me. I think I'm about to surpass you in egg count Sir," he explained as he reeled in another eight eggs. "Hmm, seems you guys are falling behind already huh? And as for the bet, I don't intend on losing Snowflower," Oikawa stated with a cocky grin aimed at the ginger.

@Shield

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID# 140278 results: Craft: 2 [Nothing]

Total Loot:

4,150 Col

"Sorry, too busy opening everyone else's chests whilst also keeping pace," Shield countered, . "Didn't quite make out what you said there, Oikawa," he added with a smirk. He cast his line out, and for the moment it looked like he was stalling on his gathering, but he wasn't too concerned. He had spent so much time at the lake in recent days that he was amazed he was still finding things at all.

At his neck, Lilith stared Mari down with a serene indifference. The colorful bush viper flicked her tongue, tasting Mari, while her beady, dead snake eyes stared blankly back at the woman as if to say, 'Okay. Yes. And?' This was not an uncommon response from her. She was snarky on a good day and completely indifferent to others on any other day. "I wouldn't expect to get too friendly with this one," he added, checking his bait to make sure it was secured before casting out again. "I think the only creature she's ever been particular excited to greet is another specific player's familiar. She loves that little fuzzy dragon with a passion that she will never have for me or any other human for that matter." He gave a little half-snort at the thought of Lilith not being a little cold-blooded ice queen.

Edited by Shield

Mari was annoyed because she lost her post, and it was a good post. So she sighed heavily as she cast out her line. Knowing the following words would not be as astute nor as profound as they once were.

"I see, I wonder how boss meetings are these days..." Mari said. "THe last one I went to was the one I was in charge of - still not too happy that Zelrius and the Azure Brigade declared they wouldn't have a part of it." She began to pull in her line. "Arrogant bastards...just because they wanted to lead; they were willing to risk the lives of not only those who were still fighting the boss- but all of Aincrad? And for what!?" Mari shook her head as she pulled up a bushel of eggs. " And that wasn't bloody good enough, no. They had to run me out of boss raids all together. I'll never understand- I-" Mari paused realizing she was insulting Oikawas departed friend.

"Sorry Oikawa, I just - really don't approve of that behaivour. I get a lot of people in here are young, but...I just feel like we could use our words more, yanno?"

She turned her attention to Shield as he mentioned Cla - "Mmm? CLa?" She questioned. What did he mean by that, it was clear he made some mistake, but she was curious as to what it was. If they were alone she would have asked him, but he must have had a reason not to continue. Was it an embarrassing nickname? Did he almost say Baldur's real name? 

"I know the temperament of snakes all too well, I had one once." Mari said with a small smile, eyes on Lilith. "He was quite snippy during molting season, other times he'd insist on coiling around your hand, god forbid if you tried to remove him from his heat source. Other days, he just wanted nothing to do with you."

Finally she shifted her gaze back to Oikawa as he mentioned he didn't feel he deserved company. "Don't be so harsh with yourself. Redeem yourself with your actions now, don't judge your own self worth on mistakes of the past. No matter how great they may be."

@Oikawa  @Shield

ID:140277  CD7:  LD:11
6 eggs 2 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  22x Eggs
5,000 Col
17 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 140270

CD: 4 [+0 Materials found] | LD: 15 (12+3) [6 Eggs found]

Materials: 10 (T3)

Eggs: 30

"Hey to be fair that's a really good deal for us," he responded with a grin. "But I'll say it louder for you this time. I think I'm about to SURPASS you in egg count SIR," this time making sure his voice was well above the sounds lapping waves and echoing off the cavern walls. A little embarrassed, he focused on the clutch of eggs drifting near his lure. Inching his line over, he secured the half-dozen eggs and dragged them to the bank. "Hmm well if Mari didn't rig the watering hole with chests, she sure rigged with eggs for everyone else except herself." Casting the line back out, Oikawa watched as Shield teased Mari with Lilith. A soft smile finding its way to his lips. These moments tended to remind him of his days in Square One. A guild renowned and yet forgotten just the same. It was simpler back then, that much he was sure of. The thought was nice, but what he heard next wasn't.

Oikawa winced at the mention of Zelrius. You would think it wouldn't bother him as much, but the name alone was quick to bring up memories of his deceased friend and deepest regret. He glanced at Mari, she caught herself and apologized and though he knew she meant it, the reminder of Zel's tendencies wasn't wrong; but that didn't make it hurt any less either. Brushing it off, he offered a quick "you're fine and right. His actions were not exemplary to say the least. His penchant for words only revolved around stroking his ego or that of Azure's. I think when dealing with most people, actions was all he knew."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID# 140279 results: Craft: 3 [0 Materials found] Loot: 2+8=10 [4 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 28
4,150 Col

Apparently, his little subtle jab at Mari had been a miss. He turned his head away from Oikawa so that only Mari would be able to clearly see his lips and mouthed for her the word 'clavacles' before turning back to his fishing.

"If it makes you feel any better, Oikawa, you're in familiar company," Shield said, giving a small, wry little smile. "Apparently, according to another front-liner, not wanting to trust people for being untrustworthy and preferring to work with friends rather than toxic players makes Baldur and I the new Azure Brigade," he said dryly. It was a touchy bit of Aincrad's history, but in all honesty, knowing that he was in the presence of a player who was a part of that history seemed a good opportunity to learn more from the players of the past.

"Not that I have any illusions of my own perfection, because I have earned plenty of justified criticisms," he went on. " And I've had my moments of arrogance. I think... we're a bunch of people who were put in an unfair situation with consequences we should never have been made to shoulder," he added, pulling in his line to discover a fairly unimpressive collection of eggs, which he added to his own. "I've seen a lot of young players make a lot of mistakes... I've heard guild leaders asking questions about other peoples' opinions of them, when at the end of the day this whole thing is about surviving... Just.... how do you expect kids - teenagers - to step up and shoulder so much weight?" 

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 140280

CD: 10 [+3 Materials found] | LD: 19 (16+3) [8 Eggs found]

Materials: 13 (T3)

Other: 2 Rare (T3) Consumables

Eggs: 38

To be honest it didn't. The brunette felt no better being in their company then he did being alone; at least not in that sense. An amused look crept across his features as Shield joked about being the new Azure Brigade alongside Baldur. "That name has long since become tainted. You'd be remisced to want that kind of title," he explained. "Baldur should know that better than anyone," he said rather coldly. He realized they hadn't decided that for himself, but the thought was annoying regardless. His gaze then shifted to the tugging from his line. Muscling up some energy, Oikawa managed to reel in quite another haul, though his enthusiasm wasn't there to show it. After all that talk of the past, his head began to hurt.

Placing a hand over his head, he grabbed the hood of his cloak and pulled it over his eyes. "I-I think I'm gonna nap for a b-bit," he murmured before rolling over. In a sense, familiar company was a good thing for him. He didn't fear dying when around them. Though if his death came, surely it was deserved and he would think no less of them for it. "It'd be a fair way to go if nothing else," he mused as he succumbed to the exhaustion he felt.

Though not intentional, Oikawa found himself napped against Mari. The smell of snowy flowers engulfing him as he thought back to that night. It wasn't the same as before, but dreams tended to warp familiar scenes for the better...or worse...

Edited by Oikawa