Floor 23
<<Ugzeke The Mighty>>
Recommended Level: 35
Repeatable  | Party Limit: 4
Credit Goes to: @Hikoru

Rewards:

• 2.500 Col
  • SP
  • Troll's Blood: A unique consumable that, when applied to a weapon, adds +2 DMG for the thread

Requirements:

• Defeat Ugzeke
  • At least 1 page (20 posts)
  • Players receive -1 to all BD rolls due to lack of light in the Underdark (Unless Night Vision is activated or a Glow Stone is used)

Summary:

A powerful enemy lurks in the shadows of the Underdark, causing the ever so stoic dark elves to shiver at the thought of it. Its groans could be heard echoing through the caverns surrounding the town, each step causing the ground to rumble the closer it gets. Despite the dark elves not trusting humans such as yourselves, they beckon you to go and find the beast and rid it before it finds a way into their town. At least, if you fail, they won't have to see you around anymore.

Outline:

Image result for Troll fantasy club

[Note: Ugzeke receives his own separate roll from the player]

<<Ugzeke>> is a respawning field boss with the following statistics.

HP: 1,500
DMG: 200
MIT: 35
ACC: 2
EVA: 0

Abilities:

Ugzeke Smash!: On a CD roll of 10+, Ugzeke uses his large wooden club and smashes it on top of the player with the most hate, dealing 175 Damage and Stunning the player.

Ugzeke Mad!: When Ugzeke loses half of his health, his body overheats, his skin taking on more of a red color. His damage raises to 250, but loses 2 Accuracy

Ugzeke Confused?: If Ugzeke rolls a CD of 3 or below, he has no action, despite his roll as he has difficulty seeing his enemies, and thinks that they are just stone

Macradon sat at his desk in his house and flipped through the different pages of notes he had written down, mostly just information about different field bosses that Hikoru had shared with him, the broker guild was always easy to come in contact with as long as you knew their manager, going all Karen at them. He continuously flipped through the pages until he came to one he hadn’t seen much of, Ugzeke the Mighty. “From the look of the possible stats of the monstrosity … I guess I could solo it, but I want to be sure, no risk taking this close to a potential boss raid.” he thought for himself and pondered of who to bring to this skirmish “Oh I know.” he said audibly for himself and his familiar as he jotted down a few quick messages for a few people he knew.

To: @Shield

Hey Shield, it me, Macradon. I've been hearing the rumors of you appearing again, and I'm sitting in this situation of taking this quest of defeating an enemy,
but I need a proper tank to be able to safely get through this one, I was hoping you would be the one to help me in this endeavor?
The quest in question is <<Ugzeke the Mighty>> on the 23rd floor, I'll be there with another DPS, so we just need someone to be able to grab his Hate
while we wale all our attacks at it.

If interested, I'll be right outside Kalanaes.

Best regards,
- Macradon

To: @Mari

Mari, I was thinking of doing the quest on the 23rd floor, Ugzeke the Almighty, care to join?

If interested, I'll be right outside Kalanaes.

Best regards,
- Macradon

With those message written, Macradon would eat a hearty meal in his dining room before venturing up to the 23rd floor now fully clad in heavy steel plating and his familiar in tow.

< Hearty Seafood Soup consumed  >
< Carrot Sauerkraut consumed  >
< Protein Powder consumed  >
< Titan's Strength consumed  >

< Macradon > 1805/1805 HP | 24 DMG | 122 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA | 90 BH | 189/189 NRG

Stats

Spoiler

Macradon - Lvl 88
1805 HP
189 Energy
4 Accuracy
1 Evasion
24 Base Damage
 (36 w/ Holy)
- (1 Base +7 Skill +1 Athletics +9 Familiar +1 Ferocity +2 Protein +3 Potion)
122 Mitigation 
- (35 Skill + 72 Armor + 45 Food - 30 Protein)

Items
Blade of the Dictator ............ // +12 Holy Damage, Phase
Silverlight ...................... // +72 Mitigation, 36 Frost Thorn(21 + 6 Freeze damage(2 turns) on a Crit)
Templar's Necklace ............... // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy

Belphegor - Familiar ............. // +9 Damage

Battle Ready Inventory
5x Teleportation Crystal ......... // Teleport to a designated location
Health Potion .................... // + 180 HP recovered
Empty inventory slot ............. //

Buffs
Rested ........................... // -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Filling .......................... // Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed .......................... // Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Deposit ...................... // +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col
from treasure chests.
Damage Mitigation ................ // +45 Damage Mitigation
Accuracy ......................... // +2 Accuracy
Evasion .......................... // +1 Evasion
Protein .......................... // +1 Damage, -15 Damage Mitigation || Filling: +1 Damage, -15 Damage Mitigation
Damage ........................... // +3 Damage

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +7 Damage
Heavy Armor                | Rank 5: +35 Damage Mitigation
Searching                  | Rank 5: +5 LD. +5 Stealth Detection
Battle Healing             | Rank 5: Heal 5%(90) HP each post In-Battle
Fighting Spirit            | +1 Hate generation
Fishing                    | Use a dice roll to fish something up based on a natural CD result
Hiding                   | Rank 5: +5 Stealth roll
Extended Mod Limit       | Rank 3: +3 Mod Slots
Parry                    | Reduce incoming damage by 50%(rounded down)
Energist                 | Add 5xTier(15) Energy to your max pool
Charge                   | Rank 5: +5 on Initial hit

Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD
Survival                   | Heal 45 HP when out of battle
Familiar Mastery: Fighter  | Rank 3: +9(Tier x Rank) Damage
Meditation                 | Recover 3xTier(15) energy with post action. Recover 2xTier(10) energy if you are hit before your next round

Skill Mods
Precision                  | +1 Accuracy
Athletics                  | +1 Damage, +45 Health
Ferocity                   | Increases Base Damage by 1
Finesse                    | Rank 3: Decreases Energy Cost of attacks by 3
Reveal                     | +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths. You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth once every 15 posts (instead of 20)
Surprise Attack          | Cannot miss from stealth. +1xTier(3) base damage on first attack
Justified Riposte        | Stun attacker for 1 turn
Vanish                   | In combat post action to stealth. Free action in combat to stealth if mob has been slain

Tracking                   | Allows the user to track a previously-encountered monster, NPC, or other player. Negates all bonuses to the target’s Stealth Rating. After tracking, your first attack against the tracked creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat

Vengeful Riposte         | Return 50% of damage(mitigatable) to target

Shield

Spoiler

» Shield, The Immovable Object

• Modified HP:
  • Modified EN:
  • Modified MIT:
  • Modified ACC:
  • Modified DMG:
  • Modified EVA:
  • Battle Heal:
  • Search:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1770
  • Base EN: 168
  • Base MIT: 169
  • Base ACC: 0
  • Base DMG: 2
  • Base EVA: -1
  • Battle Heal: 85 HP
  • Search: +5

» Items Equipped:

• Manticore Mask - T3 Perfect Shield - Flame Aura I / Taunt / Mitigation I
  • Stinging Nettle - T3 Perfect Heavy Armor - Envenom (Defensive) I / Thorns II
  • Blessed Greaves - T3 Demonic Heavy Armor - Mitigation II / Holy Blessing II
  • Wedding Ring [+18 MIT]
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

Note: Beginning with Seeking Aura [+3 LD] and swapping out before combat.

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Golden  Keys x7 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • Golden  Keys x3 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x4 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard

» Skills:

• Searching | 5 Ranks | +5 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing | 5 Ranks | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (85HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • First Aid | 5 Ranks | +4% HP per rank (+20% HP) on Post Action
  • Picking | Purchased | +3 LD when opening chests
  • Heavy Armor | 5 Rank | +35 Mitigation
  • Energize | Purchased |  Restore 8 EN to target
  • Block | 5 Ranks | +25 Mitigation
  • Howl | Purchased | +2 Hate against each opponent (up to 4)
  • Fighting Spirit | Purchased | +1 Hate when using Howl or Focused Howl
  • Parry | Purchased 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%
  • Fishing | Purchased | Fish for equipment and gain prestige among old men

» Extra Skills:

• Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Healer |  3 Ranks | +135 HP (Does not require post action)
  • Martial Arts | 1 Rank | +1 Base Damage per slot with Unarmed Weapons
  • Meditation | Purchased | Recover an additional 15 EN on Post Action | 3 Turn Cooldown
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +30 HP
  • Focused Howl: +4 Hate against single target on Post Action
  • Dismantling: +2 LD when opening chests
  • Stone Wall: +Gain 10 MIT and 45 HP from heavy armor. Reduces DOT by 25%. -1 to Evasion.
  • SharpnessGives target +[Target's Tier] to Base Damage for 2 turns | 1 Turn Cool Down
  • Justified Riposte: A successful Parry also stuns the target for 1 turn. | 3 Turn Cool Down
  • Vengeful Riposte: A successful Parry returns 50% of DMG back to your opponent - mitigatable. | 3 Turn Cool Down

Egg Roll

Spoiler

Searching for Eggs - ID# 141485 results: Craft: 12 [6 Eggs found] Loot: 13+8=21 [1 Material found]

Total Loot

Eggs: 6
Materials: 1

It was just one more load of eggs that Shield was dropping off at his home. The little chocolaty bastards were lying around his home in the hundreds, and the piles were mounting ever higher. He needed a break. This was something he was not quick to admit, but in the few hours of sleep that he did allow himself, he was beginning to have dreams about Easter eggs and giant rabbits that were hopping after him, demanding he return the eggs to the children he 'stole' them from. He stood in his kitchen, hands on the back of a chair as he stared down the fruits of his hunts. "What a nightmare."

The notification chime from his inbox sounded, and he swiped down to open the menu. "Well, there's a name whose face I haven't seen in a while." He read through Macradon's message and gave a nod, making up his mind immediately that this was a much more interesting way to spend his day. He checked through the packet of information that he had gathered from brokers regarding newer quests, and decided that his standard outfit would be more than enough to handle the boss for this particular quest. He grabbed a glass of orange juice, dumped it down his throat, and made for the door.

An hour later, he found himself back on the twenty third floor for the first time in over a year. It was just as he remembered it, though more heavily populated as more and more players had relocated to the floor after its discovery. It was not hard to make his way to the edge of Kalanes. Once he was there, he set about searching for the man who had invited him along. Macradon had mentioned another DPS. He couldn't say who, but there were not any DPS on the front lines who Shield had any particular qualms with, so he was relatively certain it would be pleasant enough company. Instead of Macradon, the first thing he found was a bright yellow Easter basket full of eggs and a chocolate bunny. He grabbed these up and quickly stored them away.

Edited by Shield

Geez, is a good thing I've been camping up on floor 21..." Mari said as she read Macradon's message, the last thing she needed was to have to walk all the way back to the 23rd floor. A quest might be nice... a good break from fishing, eggs, and Shields taunting. She replied to his message in her typical short fashion. A woman of few words (usually) when it came to messages.

To: @Macradon

Okay.

-Mari

The walk up to the 23rd floor wasn't too bad. Mari spent the time looking up the information she had on Ugzeke. She also doused her blade with a damage potion, she wasn't going to have a repeat of the Forgotten Time King. Baldur, Cordelia and Oscar were such formidble allys, and the damage she inflicted...was almost laughable. She still wasn't feeling too great about that realization. Maybe it'd be best to respec to a different weapon? Mari sighed as she ran her hand through her hair. She wished she could talk to someone about it, but the only two people who were really clued in on this sorta stuff that she knew were Baldur and Shield. "Dammit..." Mari said to herself as she approached the designated meeting point.

Her steps slowed when she saw a tall visage with a familiar rugged face wearing a familiar half smile. "S-Shield?" Mari asked, surprised to see him. "What brings you all the way up here? I thought you'd still be fishing." 

@Shield @Macradon

Damage +1 [139572] used

Spoiler

General
Level: 62 | HP: 1270  |Energy: 124

STATS

DAM: 14+1 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Burn 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'
'Burn Damage' of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10 - Unmitigated

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Spoiler

Searching for Eggs - ID# 141486 results: Craft: 9 [5 Eggs found] Loot: 18+8=26 [1 Material found]

Total Loot

Eggs: 11
Materials: 2

Mari was not the first person Shield expected to bump into all the way up here, though with the frequency at which he had been encountering her in recent weeks, he supposed he should just stop being surprised. As if the game recognized the focus of their past exploits, a basket of eggs and chocolate materialized by his feet as soon as she came into view. He gathered them up and stood back up to address the other player and raised his hand in greeting. "Mari, good to see you," he said, still keeping his eyes out for Macradon and the other DPS that would be joining them. "I have been doing an awful lot of that, but no. I needed a break. Fortunately, your friend Macradon invited me along for a quest that I have yet to check off of my list. It seemed like a good and productive distraction."

The little, colorful snout of a snake poked from his sleeve and tasted the air with its tongue before slithering back into its familiar safety of Shield's clothing. He had no idea why Lilith was so timid around Mari, but then again, she hadn't been around many other players lately. Shield decided to make a point to spend more time socializing her in the coming weeks.

"In any case," he continued, still scanning the town's outskirts for Macradon, "he said he's bringing another DPS, and then we're off to tackle a big, bad troll. What about you? I haven't been up this far in a while. Is this where you live, or are you just visiting?"

@Mari @Macradon

Edited by Shield

Mari was quick to reply to his message, and glad with the response Macradon would prepare himself for a battle. While up in front of the giant dark elven cityscape, Macradon stood in the underdark clad in nearly as dark armor with his golden edge highlights standing out like a sore thumb, but he was fine with that, it made sure that he didn’t blend too much into the scenery just standing there. With Mari on this mission, even if Macradon had to tank like all the other quest they had done, he would be more than happy with Mari being able to damage the big honking boss.

Though he wasn’t one to respond, Shield was the first to show up in front of the city’s gates. The knight lifted his armorclad arm and waved at the tank “Shield!” he called out, making sure that the man would be able to spot him “I’m glad you came, you’re a tank I can trust on when things get rough.” he said and went in for a a heavy handshake “Been a while since I last heard of you in action, so I was stoked to hear rumors of you appearing again. I’m certainly excited to know that those rumors were indeed true.” he said with a broad smile.

Not too long after Shield’s appearance, Mari was one to join the party, once again Macradon would wave his hand at his incoming party mate and smile “Heyo Mari!” he called out and stood out even more than he did before. As she got closer the knight would look back and forward between the shield person and the dagger wielder “You guys know each other? Then this is gonna be easy!” he said with enthusiasm. 

@Shield @Mari

Spoiler

Searching for Eggs - ID# 141487 results: Craft: 9 [5 Eggs found] Loot: 14+8=22 [1 Material found]

Total Loot

Eggs: 16
Materials: 3

Shield gave his fellow front-liner an actual grin. Normally not one to make a big show of emotions, he was relieved that Macradon was among those who were glad to see him resurface. "Well, you saw the way things were," he said, his smile fading as he hearkened back to the tumultuous times when he stepped away. "I had been working hard to unite the lines, but somehow everything that I did seemed to create deeper rifts."

At this point, the scarred tank turned his eyes upon Mari. "Oh, so she's here because she's the other DPS you mentioned?" He gave her a little smirk. "Oh boy, do we know each other. We became good acquaintances and have even engaged in some... healthy competition." He did not make eye contact with her for this last part. Choosing to allow the mystery to deepen regarding the conditions of said competition and let Mari continue to squirm.

Why is it that I delight so much in torturing her? Oh well. I'm sure it'll make sense eventually.

He pulled up the specs for the field boss, examining the stats once again and double checking his figures. "I think our target will have a hard time keeping damage on me, even in his augmented form. This should be pretty cut and dry."

Shield, ever vigilant with the perpetual egg hunt, let his eyes break from the conversation to scan for bright colors. Behind a stone just off of the road out of the safe zone, his eyes picked up a flash of bright, robin's egg blue. Jogging off to investigate, he discovered another basket with a healthy bunch of eggs and other chocolates inside. He stored them away before returning to the others. "Sorry. There's probably going to be a lot of that going on today."

@Mari @Macradon

Edited by Shield

"L-Likewise." Mari said when Shield told her it was good to see her. She scratched the back of her head when Shield mentioned Macradon. "Yeh, funny about that - he failed to mention to me that you'd be coming. I'm that other DPS." She shifted her gaze away. "If ya could really call my piddly dagger anything decent. But hey." Mari turned back to Shield with a grin. "It'll be a nice change of pace from fishing. I don't live here, my home is on the fourth floor."

Macradon appeared and quickly realized that both Mari and Shield already knew each other. "Mac!" Mari breathed, a small sigh of relief. "I'm glad you're here I-" Oh, Oh. Boy. Shield had quite a few things to say. Mari shifted so she stood opposite Shield, beside Macradon. Mari was planning on telling her friend everything that had transpired anyway. Having Shield there made no difference. "Healthy competition! Mac!" Mari said as she shook Macradon's shoulder. "He's tryna make me go on a date. Whatever you do, don't agree to any bets with this guy!"" 

Mari matched Shields look with a challenging look. She knew he liked to watch her squirm. Little did he know, that Macradon was about the only other person who knew of Mari's...shall we say preference to a certain set of clavicles. If he wanted to watch her suffer, he'd have to find another way. Mari watched as Shield ran off for a moment.  With the precious few minutes alone she had with Macradon Mari let go of his shoulders. "It's..kinda nerve wracking to think about that sorta thing." She admitted to Macradon. "But Shields a decent bloke. He and I - all things aside get alone well...I actually really appreciate his company, but don't tell him that."

And with the end of those words, Shield had returned. Mari crossed her arms. "You know the competitions over, you already had me beat."

@Macradon @Shield

He nodded “Things didn’t go that well in the frontlines at that time and nearly crumpled at the latest boss raid unfortunately … so I’m glad to have someone like you back on the vanguard with the many others I can trust.” he said with an affirming smile “Even I hadn’t been at the boss raid even though I should … and I think it’s finally time for me to make up for that mistake.”.

Tilting his head slightly to the side as he heard the words of healthy competition, he wasn’t entirely sure what they’ve been competing at, but since neither of them were at each other's throat … it probably wasn’t that bad. Listening to what Mari quickly told him he replied “We’ve talked about this before … but I agree, go on a date.” he said with a cheeky smile trying to pull a few annoying strings at her, “I’ll look out for possible bets he’ll throw my way.”.

He chuckled “What’s this? You’ve found even more friends? Proud of you!” he said and tapped her lightly on her shoulder as she parted off. “Oh … that kind of competition then.” he thought as Shield returned with some of the chocolate eggs and Mari’s comment towards it. He would shake those thoughts out of his head and focus on what was his goal for today, to slay Ugzeke. “Well then, let’s get a move on, I don’t believe we have to go far until we hear his wild footsteps and whatnot.” Macradon said as he began to tread upon the rocky underdark surfaces towards the regions plagued by Ugzeke.

@Mari @Shield

Spoiler

Searching for Eggs - ID# 142187 results: Craft: 12 [6 Eggs found] Loot: 11+8=19 [1 Material found]

Total Loot

Eggs: 22
Materials: 4

Swapping Gear:

Removing Seeking Aura [-3 LD]
Equipping Stinging Nettle [+54 THN, + 18 ENV]

Using Glow Stone

"Complain all you like, Mari," Shield said, smirking at her criticism of his egg gathering. "But when I find the perfect gear from this event, you're gonna be singing a different tune!" 

At the suggestion of departure, Shield nodded in agreement, eager to get the venture underway. He was just about to swap out his searching gear for his battle gear when the very earring he would have removed began to glow, the gold wire that was inlaid in the silver band lit like the filament of a light bulb. He cast around for the cause and spotted yet another basket of eggs, he slipped away from the others and quickly pilfered it before tapping the earring to dismiss it and summoning out his Stinging Nettle heavy chain mail.

Off in the distance, lost somewhere in the darkness, there came a sound of heavy falling feet. It was not overpowering, but it was enough for Shield to feel it through his boots as well as in his ears. "I'll go ahead and take to the front," he said, stepping ahead of the others. While his menu was still up, he summoned out a Glow Stone into his hand, holding it aloft to cast a steady, yellow glow on the walls and path around them. "Whatever preparations each of you need to do, do it now."

@Mari @Macradon

Edited by Shield

There it was again, talk of discourse in the frontlines - Mari wished things would have been different - but then again...hadn't it always been that way? Wasn't there always some sort of underlining issues? During her time it was the Azure Brigade attempting to steal all the glory for themselves - now it was fighting ideals. Mari softly shook her head. "I still don't understand why the fighting...If I have any say - and I will I'll do my best to ensure that doesn't happen again Mac." Mari said as she reached out to him to place a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "I'm not in the frontlines for glory, or items - I just want to help you all out of this place. If anyone has a problem with that they can eat one of Shields prized chocolate eggs." She said with a small laugh as she let go of his shoulder.

Mari coughed when Macradon encouraged her to go on a date. Since when was my personal life everyone's business?  "Uh. Maybe - I don't think he's actually interested, we'll see though. We'll see." Mari said as she turned away from him. "Let's just quickly find this brute and get this over with."

All three were walking now, as they had casual banter among themselves. Mari...really liked moments like this, it made her feel human. It made her feel normal. She rose a hand to her face to hide an amused smile as Shield teased her. "Oh Shield, you underestimate me - you assume I'm not after the very same." She shook her head when he asked if she needed any more time to prepare.

"No, I'm good - I already used a damage potion, and after looking through Ugzeke's stats I doubt I'd need anything else right now. It's just a shame I didn't have any potions with a higher rarity, but, that extra damage point is better than nothing. Eh?" Mari said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

@Shield @Macradon

He shook his head at Mari “I don’t understand either, I don't want to fight my comrades on the frontlines, but when interests clash it gets ugly … unfortunately so …” he said with a sigh before preparing himself for the oncoming fight. He had seen Shield do his tank work before and even though it had been a while, Macradon trusted that the tank wasn’t too rusty to get in and take all the spotlight for the giant to focus upon.

Shield was eager to join into the fight and Mari wasn’t hesitating either. Macradon would do his setup and rush into the deeper shadows of the underdark “You guys can just go in, I’ll be right behind you!” he said and began to hide his presence in both physical form and sound, his being hidden away in the dark with his three headed doberman slowly etching forward with light steps getting up to the source of the heavy footsteps.

@Mari @Shield

ID: 142382
LD: 20+5=25 Stealth Rating

Passive: N/A

Action: Focused Howl > Ugzeke [-5 EN - Housing Discount 2/3 remaining] 

Shield        [H:6] - HP: 1770/1770 | EN: 163/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
Mari           [H:0]
Macradon [H:0]

<<Ugzeke>> HP: 1500/1500DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0

Abilities:

Spoiler
  • Ugzeke Smash!: CD 10+ [175 Damage and Stun vs. most hate]
  • Ugzeke Mad!: 1/2 Health or Below [DMG becomes 250, ACC becomes 0]
  • Ugzeke Confused?: CD 3- [No action]

With Macradon melting away in the shadows and Mari ad his flank, Shield strode forward. The sound of heavy footsteps grew more distinct and closer. "Macradon, I'd find a little extra cover. It's about to get a little brighter in here." He held out the Glow Stone and struck it like a flint on the back of his shield. It burst into light, throwing into sharp relief the highlights of the stones and boulders, the jagged outcroppings of the Underdark, and directly ahead of them, a great figure just at the edge of the light. A massive foot stepped out from the edge of the darkness, sending a soft tremor through the ground as the troll, Ugzeke, emerged into full view of the players before him.

Shield stepped forward, tilting his head up to stare into the face of their foe. He expanded his chest, pulling in a lung full of air as he looked up into the grizzled face of the muscle-bound troll. "JUST KEEP YOUR EYES RIGHT HERE, MUSCLE HEAD! DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE!" He held aloft the Manticore Mask. The lion's face on the surface of the shield glowed a bright, menacing red. Ugzeke, hearing and seeing the brazen challenge, bristled, throwing back his arms and letting out a roar that filled the great cavern.

@Mari

Edited by Shield

"Well." Mari said on the matter of the frontlines. "Guess they just need a bit of a stern talking to then. Sometimes all someone needs is to be told how stupid they're being, I mean - you did that to me in a way - with how bitchy I was always being." Mari gave him a tap on the chest with the back of her hand as she passed him, he had slipped into the shadows with his hidden ability - then  Shield, in his typical booming voice started to draw Ugzeke's attention. Right. The fight.

Mari pulled out her dagger and flipped it into a reverse grip, then charged - She was too small to reach the near giants chest. But her pirouettes and slashes tore through Ugzekes shin before Mari fell back beside Shield.

And there it was... her attack inflicted a total of three status ailments upon Ugzeke - she felt better seeing this. Far better than when she was up against the Forgotten Time King. Ugzeke groaned and took one large step back. Mari turned to Macradon (Or where she thought he was) and Shield, giving them a wide grin. "Well, suppose that's better than trippin' and fallin' flat on my face, eh?"

"Ugzeke...hurt." He groaned as he struggled to lift his big meaty arms.

@Macradon @Shield

Spoiler

Action: Charged Eternal Cyclone
16 +5 X 13=238 BURN + BLEED
142570 9 CRITICAL

Shield        [H:6] - HP: 1770/1770 | EN: 163/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
Mari           [H:0]-HP
1270/1270 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC:4 | BH: 63 | BURN:12  BLEED: 24
Macradon [H:0]

<<Ugzeke>> HP: 1262/1500DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2 | EVA: STUNNED 1/1 [-24 Bleed 2/2]  [-12 Burn 2/2]  -238

Edited by Mari

Listening to Shield’s suggestion, Macradon would instead take his cape and cover his face and left vambrace as those were the most eye catching things in his getup. His dark plated armor was still well hidden even if something were to light up the area they were in, it wasn’t like he had been struggling hiding in a lighter area before either. As shield brought out his Glow Stone and ignited the bright light, the giant staggered backwards “AauuggghhH!” he screamed as the bright piercing light blinded him momentarily.

Ugzeke held his large hands up in front of his face to shield himself from the bright Glow Stone the tank was holding, keeping the light away from his eyes. But as Shield barked at the giant, Ugzeke removed his hands and let himself be blinded but unleashed a loud roar ringing throughout the underdark as the giant began to wind up for an attack. Mari charged in as always with her Bull Rush Charge and dealt a good blow at the giant, inflicting both her status effects onto the beastial humanoid giant as flames began to slowly spread throughout his body while his wound kept on bleeding.

“Ugzeke...hurt.” it yammered and took a cautious step backwards, but quickly after the orange adorned knight jumped out from his hiding spot with his sword drawn “Ugzeke’s about to get even more hurt!” the knight exclaimed as his Surprise Charge Attack cleaved into the giant while his cerberus familiar jumped up on the giant to keep him in place for its master to land the 6 consecutive hits in his sword art. Ugzeke would throw the cerberus to the side and look at the three that had just engaged in combat with him, still staggered from the sudden assault, the giant held back his attack even though he very much wanted to, like he was stuck in place or something.

@Mari @Shield

Spoiler

ID: 142672
BD: 5+3=8 -> Hit!
LD: 7+5=13 Stealth Rating -> Surprise Attack triggered
Sword art used: Calamity Disaster -> 31x12-35 = 372 Damage to Ugzeke

Ugzeke Attacking Shield Stunned

Shield        [H:6] - HP: 1770/1770 | EN: 163/168 | DMG:  2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD:  5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
Mari          [H:2] - HP: 
1270/1270 | EN: 113/124 | DMG: 15 | MIT:  43 | EVA:  3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 63 | BURN:12  BLEED: 24
Macradon      [H:2] - HP:
1805/1805 | EN: 181/189 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 122 | EVA:  1 | ACC: 4 | BH: 90 | Phase | HLY: 12 | FTHN: 36(21)

<<Ugzeke>> HP: 854/1500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0  STUNNED 1/1 [-24 Bleed 1/2]  [-12 Burn 1/2]  -372

Passive: EN Regeneration [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+88 HP] Holy Blessing [+48 HP]

Action: Sharpness > Macradon [-11 EN - Housing Bonus 1/3 remaining]

Shield          [H:6] - HP: 1770/1770 | EN: 153/168 | DMG:  2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD:  5 | BH: 88 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
Mari             [H:2] - HP: 
1270/1270 | EN: 113/124 | DMG: 15 | MIT:  43 | EVA:  3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 63 | BURN:12  BLEED: 24
Macradon   [H:3] - HP: 
1805/1805 | EN: 181/189 | DMG: 24+3 [2/2 turns] | MIT: 122 | EVA:  1 | ACC: 4 | BH: 90 | Phase | HLY: 12 | FTHN: 36(21)

<<Ugzeke>> HP: 854/1500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0  STUNNED 1/1 [-24 Bleed 1/2]  [-12 Burn 1/2]  -372

The battle had shifted quite a bit in a very narrow space of time. Mari had succeeded in proc'ing her DoT's and Macradon's surprise attack went off without a hitch. However, even with the success of the first hits, charges included, Ugzeke still had over half of its health left. "Well, that won't do, now will it?" Shield held out his arm that held the Glow Stone. His eyes stayed fixed on Ugzeke, in case the great lumbering monster should recover when he wasn't looking, but his true focus traveled to his hand. A faint red light gathered there, and slowly grew, amassing more and more light until it shone out even in the presence of the Glow Stone.

The Sharpness skill pinged in Shield's mind, and he knew it was finished. "Macradon! Catch!" He wound up his arm, still holding tightly to the item in his hand, he punched forward. The red glow launched forward, an ethereal mass that spun through the battlefield, curving along its trajectory to hone in on Macradon. "Mari, great job getting off that extra damage!" It was the best scenario. DoT back-loads the effects of its damage, while Macradon's build was all about front-loading. That was where the boost needed to go to drop the enemy quickly and play to everyone's strengths.

@Mari

They were all working together, like... well like a well oiled machine. Marcradon literally shone brilliantly like a craized shooting star as he attacked Ugzeke, Shield - Mari assumed didn't have any weapon - for he instead charged up a strange ball of red light and hurled it at Macradon. 'Sharpness' popped up over his head. Mari wondered exactly what that was, would it boost Macradon's attack?

Now was not the time to dwell on it, she turned back to Ugzeke and ran toward him, activating her <<Eternal Cyclone>> Ability again, this time Mari struck the other leg, Ugzeke now had a pair of heavily injured legs. He groaned and it almost sounded like he was crying with the blubbering that was going on. Mari skidded back to stand in line with Shield and Macradon. Shield congratulated her and she offered him a small smile. 

"Thanks. What was that thing you did to Mac?" 

ID: 142813 BD: 7 HIT  Eternal Cyclone
15 x 13 =195-35=160

@Macradon

Passive: EN Regeneration [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+63 HP

Action: Sharpness > Macradon [-11 EN - Housing Bonus 1/3 remaining]

Shield          [H:6] - HP: 1770/1770 | EN: 153/168 | DMG:  2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD:  5 | BH: 88 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
1270/1270 | EN: 114/124 | DMG: 15 | MIT:  43 | EVA:  3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 63 | BURN:12  BLEED: 24
Macradon   [H:3] - HP: 
1805/1805 | EN: 181/189 | DMG: 24+3 [2/2 turns] | MIT: 122 | EVA:  1 | ACC: 4 | BH: 90 | Phase | HLY: 12 | FTHN: 36(21)

<<Ugzeke>> HP: 694/1500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0  [-24 Bleed 1/2]  [-12 Burn 1/2]  -160 HIT

Edited by Mari

With the hulking giant now ultra focused on the tank in front of it, Ugzeke would lift up his giant fists and get ready to pummel down on the unsuspecting but actually very suspecting tank, but before he got to throw down fists, the redhead dagger wielder quickly launched a spinning attack at the giant, making many smaller and extremely annoying cuts at the great giant.

Looking over at Shield, Macradon would accept the ethereal mass as it consumed him and sharpened his senses. Rushing forward with his blade, Macradon jumped up to quickly do a spin, cleaving through the giant with one hefty blow through it with his greatsword, dealing a good chunk of damage. Mari’s attack was already enough to bring the giant down into the yellow zone which enraged the creature.

“Aaaaaghhhh! Ugzeke mad!” it roared and began to throw hands everywhere, thrashing about hitting rocky stonewalls as it thrashed around. Before going too far off with the thrashing, Ugzeke looked down on the tank once again and yelled loudly as he pummeled down with his fists dealing a bit of damage to the tank while also being taken down to the red zone by the thorns and everything else happening upon his body.

@Shield

Spoiler

ID: 142826
BD: 4+4 = 8, Hit
CD: 12 -> Recovery Proc
Sword art used: Galaxy Destroyer -> 27x13-35 = 316 Damage to Ugzeke

Ugzeke attacking Shield
ID: 142827
CD: 4 - No Proc.
MD:  6+1 = 7, Hit -> 250-169 = 81 Damage to Shield

Shield          [H:6] - HP: 1689/1770 | EN: 153/168 | DMG:  2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD:  5 | BH: 88 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
1270/1270 | EN: 114/124 | DMG: 15 | MIT:  43 | EVA:  3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 63 | BURN:12  BLEED: 24
Macradon   [H:4] - HP: 
1805/1805 | EN: 179/189 | DMG: 24+3 [2/2 turns] | MIT: 122 | EVA:  1 | ACC: 4 | BH: 90 | Phase | HLY: 12 | FTHN: 36(21)

- Overheating -
<<Ugzeke>> 
HP 243/1500 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0  [-24 Bleed 0/2]  [-12 Burn 0/2]  -316 HIT -99 THN

Passive: EN Regeneration [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+88 HP] Holy Blessing [+48 HP] Cool Downs [Sharpness - 0/1 remaining]

Action: None

1805/1805 | EN: 179/189 | DMG: 24+3 [2/2 turns] | MIT: 122 | EVA:  1 | ACC: 4 | BH: 90 | Phase | HLY: 12 | FTHN: 36(21)

<<Ugzeke>> HP 243/1500 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0  [-24 Bleed 0/2]  [-12 Burn 0/2]

The fight was over. Every attack from here on out was a formality. It was a good feeling, at least at first. He shuddered to remember some of his fights that were 'basically older' from his solo grinding days. Monsters that would fail to hit him or proc his thorns for ridiculously long periods of time. Fortunately, with players who have built up their accuracy, the likelihood of this being another Avalanche were next to naught. He relaxed into his stance. Nobody needed healing. He couldn't sharpen anyone just yet. Nobody was low on energy. He didn't have a weapon out to parry due to the glow stone. For all intents and purposes, he had made his contributions to the fight.

"That's Sharpness," he called out to Mari. "A nice little boost to base damage. Honestly, it's been so long since I've used it I almost forgot I had it." He paced the center of the battlefield, watching Ugzeke flail as blow after powerful blow rained down on him, cuz his legs, and even the target that was the focus of his ire was hitting back harder than he was on his own attacks. If there was a way for a computerized enemy to feel hopeless, that was how Ugzeke surely felt. However, knowing how it reacted so far to most stimuli, this would likely still make it angry rather than sad. "Quite a one-dimensional character, isn't he?"

@Mari

Edited by Shield

"Sharpness huh..." Mari said as she looked at her own blade, turning it to and fro in her hand so the suns rays glinted off the insidious red blade. "Sounds like a useful skill for a support class to have, to think there are things I don't even know about. I feel a little silly not having heard of it before." Mari said as she scratched her cheek. Mari was never really one to sit down and read the guide on every single skill. Maybe she should have, since maybe she'd be better off then.

Ugzeke was almost dead; he had one hit left in him - at least - unless Macradon missed. Mari watched as Ugzeke flailed around like a lumbering baffoon. Realistically, she should have attacked the giant - but Mari really wasn't in the mood to be slung back several feet into a tree as the creature threw a hissy fit that even a 4 year old would be envious of.  "So, guess this is about wrapped up, quicker than I thought."

@Macradon

Passive: EN Regeneration [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+63 HP

Action: Eternal Cyclone > Ugzeke 15 x 13 =195-35=160     ID:143065  BD:1 FAIL

1270/1270 | EN: 115/124 | DMG: 15 | MIT:  43 | EVA:  3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 63 | BURN:12  BLEED: 24

<<Ugzeke>> HP 243/1500 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0  

Edited by Mari

Macradon would lower his guard and go into a lower back guard with his sword trailing behind him. He waited for Mari to engage in combat, but she seemingly didn’t really want to, so Macradon would rush in and jump into the air once again. Being airborne mid-fight was never a good idea since you didn’t have much maneuvering to do, but to gain more momentum in one’s attack against a larger foe would be where an aerial attack might be better than a grounded one.

As he came swooping at the giant in the air, Macradon quickly spun around and cleaved his blade cleanly through Ugzeke with tremendous force from his body mechanics as well as the momentum from his airbourne descend. With a big red mark across the torso of the giant, Ugzeke fell to his knees in his fit of anger "N-no! Ugzeke  .. no ... die ..." before being scattered into crystalline polygons. As Macradon landed back on the rocky ground again, the knight looked over his shoulders at his party members “Thanks for the sharpening, Shield!” he called out to the tank “And good tag teaming as always.” he commented towards the dagger wielded.

@Shield

Spoiler

ID: 143088
BD: 2+4=6, Hit!
CD: 9 -> Recovery Proc
Sword art used: Galaxy Destroyer -> 27x13-35 = 316

Shield          [H:-] - HP: 1770/1770 | EN: 153/168 | DMG:  2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD:  5 | BH: 88 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
Mari             [H:-] - HP: 
1270/1270 | EN: 115/124 | DMG: 15 | MIT:  43 | EVA:  3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 63 | BURN:12  BLEED: 24
Macradon   [H:-] - HP: 
1805/1805 | EN: 176/189 | DMG: 24+3 [1/2 turns] | MIT: 122 | EVA:  1 | ACC: 4 | BH: 90 | Phase | HLY: 12 | FTHN: 36(21)

<<Ugzeke>> HP    0/1500 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0                                            -316